Housepets: Matt

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Housepets: Matt

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

It has to be Max, I'm sure of it. Peanut would never do such a thing.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Karl

Post by Karl »

49. Third time lucky?

*riiiiiip*

*rrrriiip*

He couldn’t believe this. It was like a good dream all of a sudden transformed into a nightmare.

It was supposed to be his day. No one knew about his stay in the local police station’s arrest and he was so sure that this time he would get away with it. He had such good humor, which didn’t happen to him for a rather long time. And he wanted to take his friends for a good pizza.

But fate once again laughed right in his face.

Now he was running along the fences that surrounded him, white foam coming out of his mouth and wheezing through his clenched teeth. His hand stretching out for each photo he passed, tearing down the paper with his claws. Viciously. One by one. The need to destroy the evidence of his humiliation was now his obsession as now the whole time he was seeing his brother leading him handcuffed, which only fueled his rage by any passing second.

Yet, there was one thing he had to do.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!” Bino suddenly turned around and yelled at two dogs that were running right behind him, spitting as he did so, “HELP ME GET RID OF THAT!!!” Then he turned back and continued his job.

Fox and Rex were all the time trying to catch up with the furious dog.

“I think he’s having his paranoia attack again.” Rex spoke to Fox while looking at the hound with worry.

“Yeah, you don’t say…” Fox replied back, “Man, I forgot how fast he is.”

The tearing seemed to have no end as the alleyway was long. Bino was wheezing and layers of paper were forming under his claws. But he still was going at it. He has to destroy every single photo so absolutely no one can see him with cuffs on his wrists!

Bino made another swipe, but yelped from surprise as his hand actually met with nothingness, which resulted in loosing balance and crashing on the ground. He wanted to stand up immediately and continue what he started, but he did not feel his hands anymore and couldn’t lift himself up. So he stayed there, gasping for air. Soon he heard Fox’s and Rex’s footsteps getting louder.

“Bino! Are you okay?” As both dogs finally reached Bino, Rex bent down and wrapped his arms around his body to lift him up.

Bino had to hold on Rex’s arm as his legs were still wobbly from running. When he calmed down his breath and felt he can stand on his own, he freed himself from Rex’s embrace and turned around.

As he kept looking at the alley, a twisted grin formed under his nose. From the beginning to the end, on both sides, the only things that remained on the fence were just fragments of paper. Whatever was posted there, was no more.

“Yesss…” Bino puff out with satisfaction and his hands went through the messy fur on his head, “I did it… heheh…”

It was very tiring, running and ripping humiliating photos like crazy. But it was all worth it. No one else beside his trusted friends would know anything. His hide is saved again.

“Umm…”

His grin dropped all of a sudden. When he heard an “umm” many times before and he knew precisely what that meant. With fear, he turned back.

Slowly, he went forward, placing his hand on his forehand and staring with disbelief. The street on which he currently was had the same familiar photos he just torn down minutes ago. And it was even worse. Not only fences, but also all lanterns and other standing objects were covered in them. Wherever he looked, he saw himself humiliated by his older brother.

“No… this… this c-can… how is that…”

He started to feel weak. His hands went behind his head and he gripped his fur.

“H-how… how is that… h-how is that… this is unfair…”

Fox went to the nearest photo that was posted on the fence and stood in front of it. Placing his finger under his chin, he examined the scene that it was showing.

“Taking them down is pointless. They’re everywhere,” He reached out for the photo and took it off. Then he brought it closer to his eyes. “And since they’re on the street, I’m sure a lot of people saw them. Not like they wouldn’t miss them anyways…”

Bino was not listening. He just kept staring at the horrifying scene that was in front of him. Now it got to him that there was no escape from the upcoming humiliation. It won’t be too long before people will start bragging about his arrest by Fido. For sure anyone who will meet him on the way will make a remark out of it. Not to mention groups…

His grounding period had no meaning anymore. After this, he won’t be able to show his face in public for weeks.

Thinking on failure got interrupted by grey fingers that waved in front of his eyes. Turning his head, he saw Fox who was now standing at his side.

“Changing the subject, how about you tell me why in this photo you’re getting arrested by your brother?” He said and raised the photo he was holding in his hand.

Bino wanted to say something, but words did not want to go through his throat. What was he supposed to tell him? The picture was already explaining everything: Fido was holding him by his cuffed wrist while he was yelling something at him.

“I-I-I… What you s-s-see I-Is not t-true!” Bino pointed his finger at the photo and tapped the surface nervously, “I-It’s a photo manipulation! You seriously don’t t-think I would end up like that? Someone is-s trying to ruin my good name!”

Fox kept looking deeply into Bino’s eyes for a moment. From the judgment on his face, he didn’t take Bino’s words seriously.

“Photo manipulation, you say?” Fox said to Bino. He looked at the picture for a moment and then his glance went back at the hound, “If what you say is true, then why are your cheeks so red?” He touched the hound’s cheek with his finger.

“WHAT??” Bino made a step back and covered his cheeks, which made Fox to smirk at seeing such response. “THEY’RE NOT RED!!

Bino turned away from Fox to hide his face. Were his cheeks really red from lying? He didn’t know, but it was still better to hide them.

Fox dropped his smirk and sighed.

“Bino… back then when we talked about the events at the grocery store… you didn’t tell me the whole truth, did you?”

Bino did not want to talk anymore. He was well aware that his lie got fully exposed, so he felt no need to admit it, which only would increase his bitter taste of failure. He had enough. He wished all of this would never happen, so he wouldn’t look like an idiot in front of his buddies.

His knees bowed and Bino found himself sitting on the sidewalk, with his face in his hands.

Scratching his ear, Rex approached Fox, looking at the upset Bino.

“I think he’s broken.” He commented.

Fox just shrugged and shook his head. Such sign was actually pathetic to him.

“As usual. What did you expect from him?” He replied and looked at the photo again.

For a moment, a thought pierced through Rex’s mind to walk up to Bino and try to cheer him up. But then, another thought reminded him what happened last time when Bino was in a similar condition. He barely touched him and Bino jumped like he got burned, then began to behave like he was having rabies. So he decided to just stay where he was and keep looking.

“Anyways, it looks like the whole neighborhood will have a new subject to gossip about,” Fox folded the photo and put it into his collar, “Maybe that’s a good thing. I grew tired of continuously hearing how that fox guy got into the Milton’s stable and painted black stripes on all his white horses“.

Rex rubbed his nape and looked at Fox with a wince. “Then… maybe we should just… leave him and go?”

Fox nodded. Both of them gave their final look at the devastated hound, who made no movement all this time. Then they turned around and proceeded to walk back into the alley.

You’re not going anywhere…

They froze as they heard a cold voice behind them. Turning around, they were seeing Bino in same position, but he was slowly taking his hands off his face.

It’s impossible to turn back time. For next couple of days, people will be laughing right into my face, pointing out how I got arrested by my glorified brother. No matter where I’ll go, no matter what I’ll do, they’ll just point their fingers and laugh, proving to me how humiliated I am. It’s inevitable. But… there is still one thing I can do.

Bino clenched his hands and his claws scrapped the concrete, which made the sound of shrieking.

He’s mad…” Rex whispered to Fox and went behind his back.

Bino got up from the ground. As he was standing, he was slouching and his head was hung low.

The only thing I can do… is to fully express to the person who dared to disgrace me all my thoughts about his prank. And from all those who I know in my neighborhood, there is one certain dog who I know uses a camera…

Bino begun to shuffle as his body started to turn around. From tension, Rex and Fox almost stopped breathing.

If they did not know him, they would say that before them was standing a dog who clearly desires blood. His glare seemed to be as sharp as razor, which was magnified by demonic, green color. His pupils seemed to sparkle, indicating the hate that was in him. Fur was standing still, from top of his head, though neck to his shoulders. His entire forehead was covered in wrinkles and his fangs were sticking out of his lips.

PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH!!!” He yelled on top of his lungs, making his friend’s ears to fold, “HE’S RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!! HE!! THAT MUTT!!! HOW DARE HE PULL SUCH A STUNT ON ME!!!

When he finished his yelling, he was panting from effort. His glare went down to his hand, which he brought up closer to his face. Then he started to clench and unclench his fingers, his eyes switching from one hand to other as he was doing so.

“I don’t know how he did it… but somehow… he did,” Bino brought his hands closer to each other and clenched his fingers, in a motion like he was doing that on a neck, “You tried to be funny, huh? You tried to show to everyone that such a zero like you can mock me around like that? Well don’t think you’re gonna get away with that, pinhead! I’m gonna make sure you’ll regret this painfully! Today it’s gonna be hunting for your head day. No matter where you’ll go, no matter where you’ll hide, I will find you… and show you pointedly why you shouldn’t mess with Bino…

His body was shaking from all the negative feelings gathered within him. All of that focused on the picture of one particular dog in his mind. The brown dog with light blue eyes, with that joyful smile of his sprawled across his muzzle which seem to never fade. That smile… how much hate he feels towards it. He’ll do anything to get rid of it.

He must unleash his hate towards Peanut. Right now. For such horrible humiliation he caused him, he must make that dog suffer. He must!

“Fox! Rex! Forget about the pizza or other stuff!” He got out of his intense thinking over Peanut and looked upon staring at him dogs, “We’re going after Peanut. We’ll search every place, every corner, every bush, whatever! We’ll hunt for him as long until I won’t have him under my feet, even if it means searching whole day! This time it won’t end just on expelling from the club! I’ll simply do to him the same as he did to me and even worse! And stop gawking at me like that!! Now let’s go!”

With those final words, Bino turned away and begun to walk forward, with a new objective for today. Find Peanut. Humiliate him. Destroy him. Made him cry. He didn’t even begun and he already had many ideas what kind of torments should he provide him when he’ll get him in his hands. Oh yes, his fingers were already craving to find themselves on his neck. Oh yes, fur will fly in air today.

But how is he supposed to get Peanut since right now someone just had to pull him by his arm.

“Hey, hey! Cool your jets!” Fox pulled Bino by his arm and brought him close to his face, “Aren’t you going a bit too far?”

Bino was not in mood for this, he quickly freed himself from Fox’s grip and adjusted a defensive pose.

“And what is your problem this time?” He said with clear discontent, “I go too far? After what Peanut did to me, I think it’s natural for me to make him pay!”

“Are you seriously accusing Peanut for posting all those pictures of you around the neighborhood only because you saw him using a camera?” Fox waved his hand as he gave Bino a reply, “Bino that… that’s just plain stupid!”

Bino started to really have it. He really desired to make Peanut suffer, and now he’s dealing with Fox who just called his assumptions stupid.

“And why not?” Bino said, almost snarling, “You already forgot how he stormed into my hospital room with Grape and the first thing he did was to take a picture of me laying in bed with a bandaged head?”

“But that’s not… ugh!” Fox had to take a moment to massage his temple, “Never mind. Look, I know there are some things you don’t like about Peanut and that you actually detest him. I also don’t like his fascination towards cats and other similar things which make him look like a freak. But try to think on this with objectivity. Would Peanut really do such a thing?”

Bino’s arms loosened.

“And… why he wouldn’t?” Bino gave Fox a suspicious glance.

“Think!” Fox said with impatience, “You may think various things about him, but that doesn’t mean he did this! I mean… just look at him! Is he really the type of guy who would really want to make someone unhappy? Even you? That’s just impossible. He’s… too nice to be able to act this way.”

“Why are you even defending him? I can’t understand this,” Bino shook his head and crossed his arms, “He smiles all the time and is always willing to play, so what? Maybe that smile of his and his enthusiasm is all just a game to put off our guard?”

“What are you saying…”

“What I’m saying is people like Peanut, by this I mean those who are cast aside of society, like to make a good look for a bad game. They will pretend to be nice, friendly, try to gain your trust and make you believe they’re actually not that bad as we say they are and when they achieve their goal, they will back stab you to fulfill their carefully planned revenge.”

At this moment, Fox gave Bino a cold, full of animosity glare.

“You know… at times like these I wonder do you at least for a moment you do not think that everyone around you are your enemies…”

“Oh no, Fox, here you are wrong,” Bino cut out Fox by placing his hand on his chest, “It’s not me who thinks everyone is against me. It may look like it, but it’s not like that. It’s you who started to get soft. Just look at you. Not long ago you were the one who had a high admiration and everyone had to listen to your every word. You were literally rocking in this neighborhood and even Fido had to respect you. You were so awesome in the good ol’ days. With you, we could do everything. But now… all Peanut had to do was to give you that goofy smile and you already say he’s cool and we should make friends with him instead of picking on him. Now look what happens. I did not pick on him for a long time. I did completely nothing to him. What’s his repayment? Hiding in bushes, making a nasty photo of me and posting it everywhere so people can laugh at me!”

At this moment Bino withdrew his hand from Fox’s chest and not giving him a chance to say something in self defense, he just walked away from him, giving him a contempt look.

“And getting back on subject, I still say it’s Peanut’s work,” He said to Fox from a distance, “It must be his revenge for that picture of a cat he drew and showed to us. No doubt he was planning that for a long time and now he’s having his chance. But he won’t escape my wrath. I’ll teach him not have similar stupid ideas in future and by this, I will also give an example to others to not follow his way. I’m the Chairdog of the Good Ol’ Dogs Club and when someone tries to lay a hand on my good name, that hand will get cut off. With no exceptions. Rex, are you coming with me?” His gaze went from angry Fox to uncertain Rex.

Rex seemed to not hear. He was standing behind Fox all the time, trying to figure out what was just happening.

“Rex, I asked you are you coming!”

He shook his head and his gaze went on Bino.

“Uh… sure!”

He then went to Bino and stood right at his side.

“Okay. Now we’re going after Peanut,” Bino looked up at Rex and then his glance, which turned into a glare again, went back at Fox, “And it seems only two of us will do it since Fox here is too afraid to make the goodie-goodie boy cry. Well, whatever Fox. Have it your way. Stay here and keep looking at me like some miffed brat, though you will probably soon go to that other weird friend of yours and complain to him what a bad dog I am, picking on innocents. For now, just farewell.”

He turned his head, and even his long ears waved as he did so. Now he really was angry. First this humiliation, which he will feel constantly for upcoming days, then Fox getting some stupid ideas. Peanut friendly. Peanut innocent. Why does he care about him so much? When did he became such a softy? Peanut… King… what is going on with this guy?

Now he didn’t care to get Peanut only because of those photos. He was having a really bad day and all that matters now is to take it out on this freak to somehow make himself feel better.

Yet, another turn of events happened. Not too far he walked when he saw a familiar figure on the opposite end of the road.

He will recognize that dog everywhere. Color similar to peach. Small, think ears which curve out. The fine round belly that wobbled with each step he made.

But what defies his the most… is his name. A very popular among their society for years now. Popular in a negative meaning and each time he will show up, he will always get reminded why.

Down the street was walking Tiger Arbelt.

Tiger.

Because of his name, Tiger was always bullied by dogs for this, which made him number one on the Social Freaks list. Because of that, he was forced to avoid most of dogs, especially Bino, which caused him to never truly have any friends among his kin. Being a loner and always vulnerable to picking on his name he didn't chose caused him to grow wary, paranoid and aggressive.

Bino was observing him and wondered why he didn’t flee yet just by seeing him. As the figure of the peach dog was getting closer, now he saw that Tiger was holding something in his hands and was covering his face entirely.

“Hmm…” Bino scratched his chin as he kept observing Tiger, “You know what, forget about Peanut. He can wait. I’m in such a bad mood that I must let off steam right now. And it’s been a while since I saw our kitty boy…”

He smiled mischievously. The image of Peanut and the hate felt towards him had to step aside as picking on Tiger was now a primary target.

Rubbing his hands, Bino… turned backwards. He didn’t want to walk to Tiger just yet. His plan was a bit too different.

Bino found Fox leaning against the street lamp, with arms and legs crossed, and with a face like someone just really made him mad. That, however, didn’t stop the hound from walking to him and standing right in front of him.

“Okay, Fox. You really made me feel upset. But I’m willing to give you another chance to show me that you truly are my buddy.”

Fox did not even twitch, still keeping the same stance and avoiding eye contact with Bino.

“Splendid…” A low, cold tone escaped his mouth, “I so can’t wait to hear what that is…”

“You see that guy over there?” Bino said and stretched his finger.

Fox lifted his head and with a lazy gaze, he looked in direction Bino was pointing at and saw the chubby dog walking in their direction.

“It’s Tiger. The dog we so love to pick on for his name. As I recall, you love that too. So let’s just forget about what happened and show the kitty a hard time.”

Bino expected enthusiasm from Fox. The mischievous smile should form on his face now. He waited and from that waiting he had to lower his arm down as it started to hurt a bit. But Fox all the time had this lazy expression as he kept looking at Tiger.

“Oh, come on…” Bino waved his hands, “You’re not gonna tell me you won’t pick on Tiger, do you? What’s going on with you recently? Now you like even him?”

Fox blinked and his gaze went down on Bino. “Huh? No,” He shook his head and downcast. “Tiger is a totally different subject.”

Bino placed his hand on his chest and sighed with relief. “Thank dog. You had me scared there for a moment. Good to see you still have some common sense in you,” Then his hands went on his hips, “Now if that is settled, stop leaning against this lamp like you are waiting to catch a cab and let’s go remind Tiger why he has no friends.”

No even waiting for his answer, Bino turned on his heels and just wanted to walk to Tiger and pick on him already.

“Hold it.”

Bino clenched his fists. Why everything seemed to be so complicated?

‘What is it now…” Bino slowly turned around.

Fox approached him with crossed arms, his face indicating he was still discontent.

“Listen. I will go with you…” Fox closed his eyes for a moment. “But when we’ll be done, you won’t go after Peanut.

Bino almost dropped his jaw as he heard this. Was he just mishearing or what?

“Say what??” He asked completely surprised.

“Listen, I’ll… try to find out who’s responsible for those pictures. Though it should be pretty obvious who,” Fox continued, “And until I solve the case, you’ll stay away from Peanut. You understand?”

Bino couldn’t understand why Fox is so protective towards Peanut. Why he cares so much about him. What is so special about this dog. In the past, Fox wouldn’t even bother him, when Bino would pick on him or not. Why such a change.

Is he hiding something? Or is Fox really starting to drift towards that other side of society?

What is going on with him recently. First Peanut, then that short loudmouth…

Still, looking into those determined eyes, he was already tired with arguing about this. All what he wanted now was to just go mock Tiger and go home.

“You give so much care about it, huh?” Bino gave Fox a side glance, “Hmph. Fine then. If you say you’re gonna look for the pet responsible for this, then this time Peanut will get away from this untouched, though I’m pretty sure it’s him but whatever. But… if it actually will be clear he’s the one responsible for posting those pictures, I will show him no mercy. And I will force you to watch. Is that clear?”

Fox closed his eyes as he seemed to not take that well. But he managed to give a nod.

“You won’t lay a finger on him for now. Understand?” Fox repeated.

“Yeah, yeah, I told you that already,” Bino replied with impatience, “Now, if we’re done with our emotional chatting, can we finally go pick on that fatso so my bruised ego can feel a little better?”

Fox’s head went up. Tiger was now getting closer and at any minute he can bump into them. As his eyes went back on Bino, he gave him a sure nod.

“Alright. You go in front,” He said to the hound, “Me and Rex will get him from behind.”

Fox then made a gesture towards Rex to follow him. As the huge dog confirmed, both of them walked forward.

Bino had a smirk on his snout as he observed his two buddies passing Tiger in a safe distance. Now he could see why the dog seemed to not notice anything around him. He was actually holding some kind of magazine in front of his face. That will make the entire job easier.

Now the only thing in front of him was his prey and his two helpers walking behind him like shadows.

Puffing out his chest, Bino assumed the position. Tiger was now really close and just in few seconds he will walk right into him.

And the moment Bino was waiting for finally happened. The first thing that bumped into his chest was paper, then the snout which wrinkled like a crayon-box.

Tiger yelped from surprise as his nose bumped into something hard. Covering it with his hand, he made a wobbly step back. It hurt and he had to massage it.

“Uhh, what the…” He said to himself as he kept massaging the aching nose. Then he opened his eyes to see what happened and almost gasped as he saw green eyes gazing upon him.

“Well, well, now who are my eyes seeing?” Bino said to him in a mocking tone, “If it isn’t my beloved kitty boy. Long time no see.”

Tiger slowly took his hand off his nose as he kept staring at the grinning hound with wide eyes. Bino could see that Tiger was scared of him and now he will try to step back.

And that’s what just happened. Tiger wanted to withdrew, as his feet started to shuffle. Bino’s grin grew wider because he knew what will happen next. Tiger bumped into something again and when he turned what was it this time, he saw two tall dogs above his head.

“Hey now, leaving already?” Fox spoke to him, this time a smirk had formed on his snout, “You did not even say ‘hello’ to us.”

Tiger first looked at Rex, who from his point of view and the fact that sun was behind his back, was looking scary. Then his glance shifted to Fox and… he pointed his finger at him.

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be one of the good guys now?” He spoke to him.

The smirk suddenly vanished from Fox’s face. Now he looked puzzled as he clearly did not expect to hear such thing from Tiger.

“Hey, I’m the one you’re suppose to face!” Bino grabbed Tiger by his shoulders and rapidly turned the dog towards himself, “Now listen, Tiger. I have had a really, really bad day today. And it just so happened that you walked right into me. Do you know what that means to you?”

Tiger shook his head.

“No? Well then, seems I will have to remind you what happens when you don’t pay attention where you’re walking and bump into an angry guy. For starters, let’s see what are you holding in your hand!”

With a swift move of his hand, Bino snatched the magazine Tiger had in his grip. Opening it, he expected to see things he could later mock the dog for being catlike. But the pictures of donuts, cookies, cakes and sundaes were not those things he had in mind.

As he went though papers, it appeared that Tiger was a actually reading a menu of newly opened cake shop.

“Guys, check this out,” Bino waved the menu in air, “He must have broke into the cake shop because how can you take out a menu from there.”

A big hand heavily felt upon Tiger’s arm and the dog shivered as Rex brought his dangling cheek close to his face.

“Hey…” He spoke to him with his low tone, “Is there a chance to get another?”

He barely finished his sentence when he let out a yelp as something painfully pulled him by his ear.

“When you corner someone and pick on him, you turn everything what he does to make it sound stupid, not support him in his actions. Got it?” Bino growled at Rex and pulled his ear stronger.

As Bino let go of Rex’s ear, the huge dog immediately began to massage it. Then he draw up and make the serious face again, like nothing happened.

“So that’s what you’re doing now instead with hanging out with your feline friends? Looking at the pics of sweets covered in whipped cream and soaked in different types of custard? Now look at you,” He stabbed Tiger’s belly few times with his fingers, “What a round shape! It’s even bigger than last time! If it keeps up, you’re not gonna be Tiger but a Persian Cat! Hahahah! Get it? Persian Cat in Babylon Gardens! Haaa ha ha ha!”

Bino laughed loud, believing what he said to Tiger was really good. He even had to grab himself by his sides.

But he stopped as Tiger placed his elbow on his shoulder.

“You know, Bino, it’s really strange to see you in such good humor,” Tiger spoke to him, and it was on his face that a grin appeared this time, “I’m even surprised to find you outdoors. Although I was busy with reading, all this time I could hear people mentioning your name and laughing hard. Really, the guy who took that photo really has a good sense in capturing a picture in good moment. Say, do you always make such a face when you get handcuffed? Because from the looks of it, it actually looked like a wasp stung your butt.”

All what could be heard now was heavy breathing. His fur on his nape stood up again and this time, Bino’s forehead was not only wrinkled, but also blood veins appeared on his temples.

“Okay. I tried with a nice approach, but I see you wanna play with me the hard way,” A cold tone escaped Bino’s lips. “Fox! Hold that patsy still while I’ll take his collar off!”

“What?! NO!!” At this moment Tiger wanted to run to escape, but Fox was faster from him and prevented him from doing that by grabbing him by his arms and holding him still.

Now Bino was really mad. Even Tiger was making fun of him today. It’s now how it was supposed to be. It was Tiger who should be making fun of, not the other way around. Wasp stinging his butt? He’s gonna show him who has the upper hand here.

His fingers quickly found themselves on the purple collar and he begun to search for whatever was keeping it attached to his neck. Sliding them across the surface, the collar oddly was all the time smooth and he couldn’t feel any disparity that would be a fastener or something else.

His face suddenly got slapped by Tiger’s hands and the hound had to step back and shield himself for a moment.

I think I told you to HOLD HIM STILL!!!” Bino yelled at Fox and gripped Tiger’s collar again.

He wasn’t looking for fastener anymore. He was so mad right now that he was actually trying to rip that collar from Tiger’s neck. Pants and groans could be heard. From Bino, who tried to pull, from trying to break free Tiger and Fox who was trying to not let himself be pulled forward from Bino’s pulls.

Only Rex was doing nothing. Not like he would even want to, or he will get blamed for something again.

He was panting. Wheezing. And feeling disgusted as Tiger’s hands were now on his own ones. But there’s no way he will just let it go. He has to snatch that collar!

All of a sudden, Fox let go of Tiger and the chubby dog fell right on the hound, knocking him on the ground. As the peach dog laid on the ground, the pair of brown legs and arms were madly kicking around, muffled sounds coming from under it.

Finally Bino managed to roll the chubby dog off him and when he was about to yell at Fox, he saw him running away.

“Hey, where are you going?! What’s wrong with you?!” He yelled at him.

Fox stopped. When he turned his head, Bino saw that Fox has a scared expression on his face.

“Umm…” Fox looked around nervously before his eyes went upon Bino, “I… I just remembered… that I… have to iron shirts for Dad! Yes! Sorry, but I just remembered and I really have to go now.” And then he started to run away again.

Hearing this, Bino quickly stood up from the ground.

“What?! But Fox, you said you hate to do that stuff!!”

Fox stopped again and gave Bino a nervous smile.

“What can I say?” He shrugged, “I’m at home all days so it lands upon me.”

Fox ran away and he disappeared right behind the closest corner.

Bino couldn’t believe in what just happened. It was so weird. Iron shirts? What was with him? And that face… he was clearly scared, like he saw a ghost or something. But what made him scared actually?

He started to look around, hoping to find out what made Fox freak out all of a sudden. His eyes squinted as he found out the reason. In a distance, he saw the back of a familiar corgi, who appeared to be having a talk with someone.

“Right… I should have known…” he said to himself as he kept watching the corgi.

“I have to go, too.”

“WHAT??” Bino immediately turned back to Rex, “You too??”

Rex’s eyes went down as he scratched his nape.

“Yeah… I also have some important stuff to do at home. It was, fun alright, hanging out with you and Fox. But I really must go now.”

He kneeled down and looked at Tiger, who was still rubbing his face. Without warning, he shoved a plastic box into Tiger’s hands and stood up.

“Well then, cya around.” He forced out a light smile and as he waved at the hound for goodbye, he also ran in same direction as Fox.

Tiger was surprised by getting a plastic box from Rex. As he opened it, his orange nose immediately started to twitch. Putting his hand in, he took out a cookie that was in a shape of a cute teddy bear that seemed to smile at him. As he stood up, he took a bite and walked towards Bino.

As he found himself at his side, he just kept looking at him, eating the cookie as he was doing so.

Bino couldn’t believe in this. His friends abandoned him. They ran way. Just like that. Leaving him here alone. How they could just run away like that.

“You saw that?” He turned his head to Tiger and said with complaint, “You saw what they did? I needed their help and they just turned their tails on me!”

His gaze went on the horizon again and he just shook his head in disbelief.

“Honestly, what’s going on with people these days? You ask them to do a simple task and yet they ditch you. All I wanted was a simple walk outside, and what do I get? Honestly, it’s so hard to rely on anyone these days. What horrible times we have currently.”

He wanted to complain about his friends a little more, but now he felt a pat on his shoulder. Looking aside again, he saw Tiger with his lips covered in crumbs and he was cracking his knuckles.

“It’s not like I want to interrupt your deliberations, but right now it appears you’re the only one against me.”

Bino did not say anything as he kept staring at Tiger. But he was well aware that he will have to start running as well.

(A/N)

I stated that I'll keep my fan fic close to canon. But I have to alternate that rule a bit. I am unable to remain with canon timeline of the comic completely as it is actually impossible. So at this point not everything here will be tied to the original story. Of course I will keep trying doing that, but in a different way.
Well, fan fic is a fan fic after all.

I also want to remind all of you that we have a contest, which details you can read scrolling up the page. The reward is one of the photo pictures, which I will print it for you by using the traditional paper developing technique.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

you know, though this story is strongly in-character with Bino, when I see an episode like that I wonder if you really are a fan of him... I mean, short of hitting somedog, the guy hasn't the least trace of positivity in him. He's just a despisable, mean dog everyone would like to kick around, just like he was portrayed in ChristopherJackal's fic. :twisted:
But it was a great update all the same. Can't wait to see more! :mrgreen:
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

...can I say I love Tiger right now :mrgreen:

BEAT HIM UP TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote:you know, though this story is strongly in-character with Bino, when I see an episode like that I wonder if you really are a fan of him... I mean, short of hitting somedog, the guy hasn't the least trace of positivity in him. He's just a despisable, mean dog everyone would like to kick around,
Maybe one day you will understand.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

You're a good writer, so I am sure I will
Karl

Post by Karl »

Due to the lack of participants, the contest is being canceled.
Thank you, two people who participated. To make you feel better, none of you guessed.
And... that's all... from me...
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

*hugs* aw, I'm so sorry. :cry: :cry: :cry:
But please, remember, we love your work. Don't feel discouraged
Karl

Post by Karl »

It's hard not to.
I'm a bookworm!
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

don't be sad karlos :( unfortunately this contest thing never goes well... that's why i don't think i'll never do one.

i can assure it's totally not because no one reads your fic. your work is appreciated and followed, so don't be discouraged. show me a smile, come on :)
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Yea, sorry for the late response.

First, Bino must learn to really think things through before he blames someone.

Second, I'm sorry you had to cancel your contest. I just don't think there are enough forum members in this section in general to really do something like that and get a positive turnout every time. Most of mine usually end up with a pretty poor turnout too...

But again, don't get discouraged. I'm looking forward to see what is going to happen with Matt in the future.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Karl

Post by Karl »

I don't exactly know how to begin.
The only thing I wanted was to add some fun. To share the joy. After all, it was my second anniversary of my fic. I wanted everyone to celebrate though activity. It was not a big contest, especially that I'm just writing a fan work, but I wanted to give some more from my self. It was also an occasion to show some of my photos.
I thought I could do this. I did not expect many people to participate, but I still believed. After all, 20k+ watches for something that is made only from writing instead of drawing is a big achievement. And Valerio made a contest as well, where many people participated, including the Big R. I believed I could.
But I failed. Only two people entered the contest. I waited, hoping that more people will join the fun. Because giving fun to my readers was the only thing I wanted.
I'm trying to understand why I failed. Was it because my fanfic is actually not so good and not many people read it? Because my photos were actually not interesting and people did not want to get such things? because the contest was stupid from the beginning?
I don't know. But I failed. I wanted to do something good, but it turned out bad. No participants, no Necromancer, no special update. And after that, I'm not sure of my abilities. At this moment I have a period of hesitate.
But despite of my failure, I must accept my defeat. Though it has a bitter taste. Crying about it won't help. It's a very hard lesson, but it tought me some things. For first, I must remember that I'm just writing a fan fiction which is based on someone else's work. Second, no more contest. I must admit to myself that I was just stupid, and that's all.
What was I thinking, comparing myself to others...
I also ask to at least try to understand my grief. Recent things in my life are going very awful. I'm severely sick and I'm still waiting for surgery, praying thewy did not forget about me. I just found a job to at least gather some money for private things, but I will have to drop it due to my parents. Also the place where I live is unbearable to live due to arguments. I'm a person unfulfilled.
That's why I don't know what I'm actually doing. I'm not sure and I doing something good... or something wrong. I just need some time to think on that.
_Stu_ wrote:show me a smile, come on :)
Because I consider you as a good friend and I feel great sympathy towards you, I will do this for you.

:)
I'm a bookworm!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

make no mistake, this has nothing to do with the quality of your fic, nor the quality of your photography. The problem is that the people who like your fic and those who like your photography don't necessarily overlap enough to make your photographs a good choice as a prize. Look at the prizes in contests run by other fics. Jeff's contests have the prize of being able to ask him questions about the fic, and it works because it's safe to assume all readers of his fic have at least one question about it. Val had the prize of seeing your own character become a regular in his fic, and it works because it'a safe to assume his readers would want a chance to contribute to such an amazing fic. Even the contest going on right now from the Housepets! twitter has the prize of a full color framed and matted version of Peanut's character sheet because it's safe to assume that any fan of Housepets! would probably want a piece of original work by Rick.

It's not about the work you do, it's about the tastes of your readers not matching up to the prize you offered. Your photography's great and all, It's just not my cup of tea, and I'm sure your other readers who didn't enter would say the same thing.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

ACK!! I am finally back! Yeesh, a two week stint house sitting, a bad Christmas, and a car wreck, not to mention a few other personal things prevented me from reading your fic! I am sorry about not participating in your contest. I would have actually liked to get a photo from you...

There goes Bino being Bino again...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Now that I think about it...why did Fox run away in fear upon seeing King :|
Karl

Post by Karl »

I don't know :)
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Otaku-Boy wrote:Now that I think about it...why did Fox run away in fear upon seeing King :|
I thought it was because he did not want King to see him making fun of someone and acting like Bino...
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

50. You heard it before

The door barely opened as warm steam escaped from the bathroom. Outside went out a figure with messy fur, who was still busy with intensive drying of his head with a towel.

It’s not like Bino takes a shower often. He’s a dog and his tongue was always good enough for him to take care of his personal hygiene. But since he came back to the house, Mr. Sternfeld was telling him all the time that he smelled not nice and he should go to the bathroom and take care of that. At first he did not want to, as he did not care about Mr. Sternfeld’s opinion, thinking nothing’s wrong with his scent, but listening to this guy’s yapping about the smell all the time, and hearing that he’ll call Matt to give him a bath, helped him in changing his mind and go take that stupid shower.

And he had to admit it wasn’t that bad. As he turned the knob, hot water instantly poured. That was a nice change as in his previous house he had to wait some time before that happened. Stepping into the tub and under the pouring water reminded him of the feeling when your body gets cozy from a warm sensation, which loosens your tensed muscles and allows you to relax. Thinking it will take just five minutes, Bino actually spent under the shower more than thirty minutes, taking proper care of his tired body and warming up his bones.

Placing the towel back on the hook, Bino raised his arms and gave his back a good stretch. He let out a light groan as he felt some cracks in his spine.

Then he massaged his nape and looked back at the bathroom. Seeing the floor and how much water was dumped on it, he realized he really must have enjoyed that shower more than he realized. But he didn’t even think of drying it. It was late and although his body was now feeling like some weight dropped off it, the warm water made him feel much more tired than before and all he cared about now was to go to his bed, cover himself up in his comfy blankets and go to sleep. So he just turned off the lights, closed the door and hoped that all the water will vanish before morning.

Giving his body a good shake, beginning from the top of his head and ending on his toes, covering the surrounding walls with water drops, now he was ready to head upstairs and go to Matt’s room, where he’s going to crash into his basket and go to sleep. Leaving the bathroom behind, he entered the dark living room, where he could still see something as there was still light coming from the kitchen.

As he got close to stairs and stretched out his hand to touch the rail, he withdraw it. He thought that maybe he should go to a kitchen for a moment to say goodnight, and show that he cleaned himself by taking a shower as he was asked to.

Turning back, he approached the only source of light in the house, which made him to squint his eyes. His nose twitched as he picked up a scent of fresh coffee. Before entering, he let out a yawn and scratched his tummy.

“*sigh* That’s why I think deciding to move here was a mistake. So far everything has been below my expectations.”

His ears perked up slightly as he heard Mr. Sternfeld’s voice.

“But Teddy, we barely moved in and we still don’t know this neighborhood too well.”

This time Mrs. Sternfeld’s voice came out of the kitchen.

“Yes, I do realize that,” Mr. Sternfeld spoke again, “But… please don’t feel surprised by my words. We had to take a huge loan to buy this house and so far I haven't got much orders in this town. Okay, I admit that business is actually going bad and if this keeps up, we seriously will have to worry on how to fill our fridge.”

Bino decided to not enter into kitchen. The conversation in there seemed to be heavy and he wanted to keep listening to it. So he leaned against the wall and pricked his ears up.

“At least we could think about renting…”

“Stan, we talked about this already,” Mrs. Sternfeld’s voice became more emphatic. “We were already renting flats in the past and it always end up in the same way. I grew tired of this. For so long I wanted something that will be only for us, so I can tell people that we truly live in our home…”

Bino heard as someone made a few steps.

“A place, I feel it’s for me. Me and my family…”

Another few steps, but sounding different. It had to be Mr. Sternfeld walking to his wife.

“I’m sorry,” His voice softened up, “I know you always dreamed about our own house with a garden and I’m happy we finally managed to realize this dream. But we must also face reality. We may have a house, but we need money to pay for water, electricity, gas, heating… and food. Adding bank loan payback to this as well.”

There was silence now. Bino was not a part in this conversation, but just listening to how those two talk with each other, made him feel the weight of this.

“Truth be told, we actually did not come with a proper plan for this,” Mr Sternfeld broke the silence, “We actually threw ourselves into unknown. Why did we have to choose this place anyways? There are dozens of other places, why did it have to be a neighborhood for pet lovers?”

“I thought… I thought we needed a real change of environment. And since here are people with pets, I thought they would be friendly. I like friendly people.”

“Well I still think it’s too weird of a place for us. I’m not even sure if we even fit in here.”

“Did you even try at least?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean... did you even try to get to know people from this place? Did you try to converse with people here? Did you even try to go outside?”

“Uh… well…”

“Instead of doing that, all you do after getting back home is sitting yourself in that armchair with a bottle and watching TV!”

“But… honey! After a hard day at work, I don’t have the strength to do that!” Mr. Sternfeld raised his voice, “I’m not young anymore, all those bending downs under sinks are quite painful for my old spine. At such moments all I think of is to allow my spine some good lean on something comfy and have a good relax!”

“Honey, I understand that, but becoming a couch potato will only push you farther towards senility.”

“Are you saying that because you’re a professional nurse?”

“No. I’m saying that because you’re showing a bad example for our son. You always keep telling him to go outside and have a life instead of sitting in his room all day. But with your attitude, you’re no different!”

Bino was wondering what kind of reply will Mr. Sternfeld give to his wife this time. But nothing came out. There was only silence, except for the moment when he heard a shuffle and a chair being pulled. Mrs. Sternfeld’s words must really hit the man if he simply sat down on the chair.

Thinking about it, the woman was actually right about this. Every time Matt returns from school, he indeed goes right to his room, coming out only for dinner or if he needs to grab something from fridge. He locks himself in there, either listening to music through his headphones, or locking himself in virtual reality through his computer.

Similar, with Matt’s dad. He can’t remember an evening without finding him in the living room in front of the TV. And that is quite painful, on evenings there are cool cartoons on Disney XD.

“Teddy…” sound of steps and something brushed against another material, “Now do you understand why I wanted to come here?

A heavy sigh is what Bino heard.

“Back in Chicago, we lived in a fast tempo. Every day work from dawn to dusk. Starting up early, fast breakfast, work all day and after getting back, we didn’t even have time for ourselves because we had to go to sleep soon so we could rest for another day. And those buildings and people were always going somewhere in a hurry… I had enough. All of that was too stressful. We needed a place where we could catch a breath. We needed to harmonize our lives. And I’m sure we will be able to achieve this here.”

Bino wanted to take a peek and see what Mr. and Mrs. Sternfeld were actually doing there, carefully, he leaned forward, being careful to not get spotted. Looking inside, he saw Mr. Sternfeld sitting at the table with his glance pierced into his cup of coffee, while Mrs. Sternfeld had her arms wrapped around him and her chin resting on top of his head, eyes closed and smiling softly.

“I woke up this morning and I heard something beautiful,” She gently stroked his head, “It were birds. Various kinds, all of them giving a different melody. I closed my eyes and listened to it. To those songs and flaps of wings. And then I heard laughs of children. I listened to the awakening of life.”

Mr. Sternfeld’s quite large palm went up his chest and it stopped as it reached the woman’s arm.

“Totally different than honks of cars, huh?” He said and under his mustache appeared a smile.

Mrs. Sternfeld chuckled in response and then nuzzled her husband’s gray hair lovingly. He, in return, closed his eyes and his hand started to massage the arm that was wrapping his neck.

It was the first time Bino saw such affection among a human couple with his own eyes. Sure, he watched some love stories containing human cast only and he seen couples showing affection to each other in many ways. Awkward sight actually because how can you hug someone who doesn’t have a warm and nice coat of fur covering their body? But after living for most of his life with a single guy and a cat, looking at the relationship of a married couple and seeing what they share in common was a new experience.

At first, after hearing Mr. Sternfeld’s words and then how the conversation was building up, he thought that eventually he will witness a fight among the couple. But it was different. Mr. Sternfeld, who seemed to be a man who worries about lots of stuff and gets nervous quickly, now he was at peace with his wife, who approached the subject calmly and with positive thinking. But also her affection towards her husband, who seemed to be really enjoying this, allowing himself to melt in this loving embrace.

Their foreheads were touching, eyes closed, allowing themselves to enjoy this feeling of being close to each other. Bino knew one thing. If those two were showing that much affection towards each other, not being afraid of such closeness, their love must be strong. And because his heartbeat was faster, was he finding this sight… adorable?

The smile that was on Mr. Sternfeld’s face vanished as he opened his eyes.

“I always tried to do my best to make all of you happy,” He said with a voice that was close to whispering. Mrs. Sternfeld also opened her eyes and both of them looked deeply into each other’s eyes, “Always working hard so none of you would lack anything that’s most important. If it was possible, I would lower a tiny piece of heaven for you.”

Mrs. Sternfeld smiled to him again and her hand brushed his cheek.

“Have more faith, sweetheart,” Her fingers nipped his mustache playfully, “We’re still in the beginning of our new life. Our dreams are yet to be fulfilled. All we need is time, patience and positive thinking. We have our own house. We live in a peaceful neighborhood. And now we also have a dog. I should start working in a hospital soon and then our funds should stabilize. We came through a lot together, and I’m sure we will manage again.”

Her arms went up and he brought his head close to her chest to cradle it. She pet his head and planted a kiss on his forehead. But he lifted his head and there was no smile anymore. His face actually became darker, which made Mrs. Sternfeld worried at this point.

Mr. Sternfeld turned around on his chair and Bino hid behind the wall again, afraid to be spotted by him.

“Well, since you mentioned the dog…” it sounded like he lifted a cup and took a sip of his coffee.

His ears perked. Now he was curious what the man will say as clearly the subject is about to shift onto him.

“You know I never wanted any animal in my house,” the cup got settled back on the saucer, “But since we got here and this is a pet place, I finally agreed to take one. But I was at least hoping this dog will be more useful.”

He slouched and he slid a bit down. He heard something similar before.

“I always believe that pets only bring dirt in the house and there’s more trouble out of them than benefit. But since it’s a dog, he should do his job as he’s being told to do.”

“Honey, what are you saying?”

“What am I saying is that we barely moved in and our son Matthew pulled another stunt again!” Mr. Sternfeld raised his tone, he seemed to be getting angry at this point, “And that dog did nothing to stop him!”

A slam came out of the kitchen, causing Bino to wince. Chills came down his spine as he knew exactly why Mr. Sternfeld got so angry now. And he knew it’s only the beginning.

“A few days! A few days and he already got himself into a police station! Can you believe it?! What a brat!! Only troubles with him!! Will this ever come to an end?!?”

“Honey--“

“I just knew it! I just knew it’s only a matter of time when he’ll commit something! Honestly there must be some kind of all day security on him to keep him in check! That’s why I told that dog to keep an eye on him! And what happened?! He landed along with our son under lock and key! That’s just… that’s just… arrgh!!”

Mr. Sternfeld was taking another sip of his coffee, while Bino was barely hanging out there. His knees were bowing and he had to be careful to not slide down on this wall.

Since that accident in the shop, he kept avoiding Mr. Sternfeld, as he knew this big and chubby man was angry at him for his failure. He believed it would pass and their relationship will be on a neutral basis again. But he was wrong. The man who was just a minute ago calm and showing affection to his wife all of a sudden switched his mood and now, by his resounding voice and the way how he chose words, he sounded scary. Being close to him right now would probably be a bad idea.

Maybe it would be a good idea to leave right now and go to bed? He heard enough already. Slowly leaning away from the entrance, he lifted his foot and made a careful step to not make any noise.

“You convinced me to adopt this dog. I agreed, although I only did that because I did not want us to be different than the rest of our neighbors. But I was hoping that at least he will keep Matthew in check as I was unable to do that. Now I regret this decision. This dog is so useless. If it was possible, I would give him back from where we took him.”

Saliva went down his throat hard. His head went down and he closed his eyes shut. Then he nodded to himself and his legs started to work again, leaving behind the kitchen and the voices he didn’t care to listen to anymore.

He was not surprised at all. He heard such words before. Jeff in his moments of frustration often threw the word ‘useless’ towards him. Humans and their problems. Problems will create discontent. And that discontent will always land on him.

Was it his choice to be taken away from his previous owner? Was it his choice to be given to a spoiled human brat who on the first day showed how spiteful he his? Did anyone ask him, does he want to become a nanny for that brat?

But it did not matter. Experience taught him to handle such things well. The most important thing is that he has a roof above his head and his bowl is being filled. He can handle everything else by himself. His previous owner did not show him care, like humans so like to show on the Animal Planet. He does not expect the same from those people. He learned to live without it.

Discontent was always being targeted towards him as a vent for them. And there will be more of it in the future. He just has to accept it and keep going forward with his head raised.

When he gets up there, he’ll just crash right into his basket and go to sleep. He’ll get rested and wake up in the newly started day. And everything will return to normal.

So why, when he kept going upstairs, were his legs feeling so heavy?

Reaching his destination, he stood in front of the door which lead to Matt’s room. He placed his hand on the door handle and just as he was about to push it, his saw that from the gap below the door was coming out a light, which was shifting colors swiftly.

“*sigh*… come on, not today…”

This light could mean only one thing. Matt was on his computer again and he’s probably playing some game.

It looks like before going to sleep and forgetting all of today’s events, there is one major battle ahead of him.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

aw, poor Bino...ack! Karlos, you're too good at making this guy sympathetic after what he had just done in the latest updates!
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

I agree. I always wondered how Karlos manages to put so much characterization inside him. Really, really interesting...
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Mr. and Mrs. Sternfeld's little moment there made me think that in their youth, they were that stereotypical, madly in love with each other couple you see in old movies in old cartoons. You know, the "Oh, John" "Oh, Marsha" type couple. in fact, is that their names? do we know their first names? I think it's those
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Karl

Post by Karl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:in fact, is that their names? do we know their first names?
Mr. Sternfeld's name is Stanley. His wife's, Alice. Both their names were mentioned in first chapter "Changes", when they were driving to Babylon Gardens.

Don't worry, though. Their names have some meaning. But to know more, you must keep detecting my signals which I send to you in every update.
Oh, and they still plan to go for romantic trip to Paris one day.
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Heh, Nice sneaking Mrs. Sternfeld's profession in that update.

So it seems Bino is once again on the outs with his owners. Will he ever be in a loving home? I figure this is why ypu enjoy him so much?

Seems that Bino and Matt are going to forever be at odds.
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

51. Making him rage quit

Bino had to shut his eyes as he got blinded by ray of light. He was hearing sounds of taps and clicks coming from the other side. Touching the wall with his hand, he went in gropingly.

“Ouch!”

He did not even made another step when something pinched him in foot. Raising it and giving the aching place a massage, he couldn’t help but let out a groan. Not long ago he cleaned the floor and now he found out that his work got ruined.

He opened his eyes. Slowly, his sight started to adjust to surrounding. He could see contours of all objects in room, all thanks to the vibrant light coming from pc monitor, which was making his sleepy eyes sore.

His vision was a bit blurry, caused from tiredness. But that did not stop him from moving forward to the source of light. Of course he has to raise his feet high and touch the floor carefully of he don’t want to feel the annoying pinch on his pawpad again.

The light was getting intense with every step. He felt like his eyelids started to get wet. Instinctively, he covered them with his arm.

He reached his destination. He know that because the sound of buttons being pressed and mouse being clicked were very close to his ears now. Taking the arm off his muzzle, his squinted eyes met with the source of his current problem.

It’s been third day when Matt was playing on computer at late hours. For Bino, it was a real nuisance. Not only the light coming from screen was not allowing him a restful sleep. Matt was intensively pushing the buttons during playing, and the sound they were making was like hundreds of tiny hammers were slamming his tympanic membranes. Covering ears was not helping, because those tiny hammers always found some way to pass through anyways.

Matt also had a habit to make a night bar on his desktop while playing. From time to time, Bino heard a foil being unwrapped and Matt’s chomps as his jaw was working on mincing the content. That was always accompanied by gulps, because Matt always had to have a bottle of some gassed drink among his food supplies. His bar also was providing him sandwiches sometimes, as other house residents were sleeping, letting the fridge in the kitchen unguarded.

But all of that nothing compared to slams Matt was doing with his fist. Somehow, that kid was often getting nervous while playing and he had to unleash the energy caused by his discontent. Each slam was powerful enough to make other furniture tremble, including Bino’s basket, and his own body in it. Sometimes slams were accompanied by a bouquet of some epithets.

Bino had to bear all of this, wrapped in his blankets and trying to count all sheep jumping above his basket, as Matt was enjoying his night activity. Time was passing and sometimes Bino wondered will he will end up with a sleepless night, but eventually tiredness reached also Matt, and the moment when he turns of the computer and goes to his bed was a real relief.

A relief that did not last long, because when Bino finally fell asleep, his dreams did not even reach the main thread when that stupid alarm clock* on Matt’s nightstand was going off. It was like he barely closes his eyes, and the alarm clock already announces morning of the new day.

Of course, the owner of the alarm clock somehow was never able to wake up and turn the stupid thing off. Small device was yowling horribly, while Matt was enjoying his stony dream after well spent night in front of his computer. So who had to stand up from his warm bed and turn it off?

Matt’s nights with computer was a new kind of torture since his moving out to Sternfelds. At Jeff’s house, neither he or Max had a computer in their rooms. The only one was in saloon, but it was owned by Jeff and he didn’t like when either of his pets was sitting on it. Max of course enjoyed disturbing the sleeping Bino at some nights, but never in such way as Matt and his computer.

Now he was standing at his side, looking at his skinny, slouched form. He was sitting on his swivel chair, only in his night shirt and boxers. Bare feet on legs of the chair. Extended forward neck to allow his face to be very close to screen of the monitor. Bloodshot eyes were moving all the time, like they were following a fly. He was not blinking at all. Pure concentration on face. Left hand placed on WSAD area of keyboard, working all the time. Right hand keeping mouse in grasp. Night bar already opened as there were already leftovers, bottle of cola opened and desktop in stains. His pale skin looked even more deathlike thanks to the light of screen.

Sounds of explosions and screams were coming out of his headphones, which were squeezing his bushy hair. Matt was out on war and he was too busy fighting whoever it was to notice his dog standing right at his side.

“Hah hah hah!” Focus on Matt’s face disappeared as devilish grin appeared under his breath, “Mine frag!”

With devilish grin still on his face, Matt clicked the mouse few times. Someone in his headphones yelled and that grin rubbed off instantly.

“Gah, what a noob!” Matt said with big pretension. He leaned back on his chair and stretched out his hands toward the screen, in gesture like he was trying to show that ‘noob’ to everyone, “He sees they’re shooting at me and he does nothing! Man, with who I’m playing today?”

Finishing his comment on what he thinks about the person who let him down, Matt reassumed his combat position in front of the screen. He typed something and then his hands were back on their places. His face was focused again.

Still standing at his side, Bino had his arms crossed, looking like a strict teacher observing doing of his wayward pupil. He tapped the headphone with his fingers. Matt grimace and tilted his head, but did not look at him. He tapped the headphone again, a bit stronger. Matt tilted his head again and made a move with his hand like he tried to fight off a fly, but his eyes did not glue off from the screen.

Bino growled upon this stubbornness. Instead of tapping the headphone, he simply moved it off the ear, hearing the sounds of war more clearly as he did so. It worked. Matt shuddered from this sudden change and started to look around himself, before his red eyes met with the figure standing above him.

“What d--“

A familiar yell escaped from headphones and Matt instantly shifted his gaze upon flashing screen.

“No! I died!” He said with disappointed tone and lowered his head. A long sigh escaped from his mouth and his gaze shifted back on Bino, which turned into glare, “What do you want from me? Can’t you see I’m busy?” Spoke with irritation.

Bino crossed his arms again.

“Do you know what hour it is?” He said to the gloomy face with eye bags.

Matt leaned back a bit from Bino and made a face like he couldn’t understand what kind of question is that.

“Huh, what?” He asked. Then he shook his head slightly and squinted his eyes, “If you want to know the hour, just look at the watch. Now get lost…”

Matt turned his head back to screen and put the headphone back on his ear. He moved the mouse a bit, but had to stop as his ear was detecting sound of real world again.

“Now don’t try to be jocular here!” Bino said with stronger voice this time, “I had a very hard day today! My whole body is sore from enormous exertion it went through! I want to go to bed and take the well deserved sleep, which I really need in order to wake up my sorry excuse of an owner for school! But I cannot do that, because the sorry excuse of an owner I mentioned earlier instead of doing the same like he should be, because it is in his own interest mainly to wake up at morning and go to school, he prefers to sit in front of his computer past midnight and play some stupid games!”

Matt supported his head on his palm, looking at the dog dismissively. “So?”

Bino felt his cheeks becoming hotter.

“You’re not the only one who sleeps in this room! My bed is here too! It’s late and I want to go to sleep so bad, but I can’t do this because right now you have to play some computer game! The light hurts my eyes, even when I close them! Non stop I hear click-clacks and my ears are too sensitive to handle that for long! You rustle when you stuff yourself! But that’s not the worst, oh no. To hit your desktop with your fist and yell from frustration each time you die or whatever happens to you there?! That crosses the line!

He bent over to Matt, with his sharp teeth clenched hard. Puffs of breathing through nostrils blowing the bushy hair and pale face.

That somehow did not impress the boy, who still looked like he was bored by listening to Bino’s complains.

“You sit here whole night, burning out your eyes along with your brain and make noise! Then you take that body of yours to bed when sun start to appear outside and when your annoyingly howling alarm clock switches on, you still sleep like killed! So not only I have to stand up early from my warm and cozy bed to turn the stupid thing off and throw you off your bed, but I also can’t get any sleep because of you! I have enough of this!” Bino waved his fist in front of Matt, “You won’t be playing on computer all night! You’re turning this thing off and go to bed right now, understand?!?” The finger switched on Matt’s bed, which was standing on opposite side of the room.

Matt closed his eyes. His cheeks gained a slight red color. He brought all fingers of his hands to each other and covered his lips with them. He just sit there, like he was pensive. After a moment, he opened his lips to inhale air.

“Dog… I think I kept explaining this to you, but it seems that nothing gets to that head of yours. So I will repeat this once again and I hope it will be the last time,” Matt opened his eyes and tapped his fingertips, “For starters, the first thing, which is very important, is that this is my room…”

Matt barely started his speech, but Bino was already opening his jaw to let out his protest.

“… aaand…” Matt’s nose quickly found itself right in front of Bino’s face, and the dog only let out a quiet e sound as he got interrupted in his preparation for counterattack, “… because this room is mine, and I put a particular accent on word mine here, I bestowed an iron rule here. And that rule is…” He squinted his eyes, “Matt rules here and he can do here whatever he wants.

Bino rolled his eyes and waved his arm.

“Oh, sp--“

“Hey, hey!” Matt shook his finger at him, “I allowed you to express yourself and I didn’t interrupt you even once, did I? So now do the same and listen to my point of view on this.”

Bino took a long breath. His thoughts on what Matt just said to him really wanted to get through his lips. Even his tongue was itching to say something. But he closed his jaws eventually.

“This is my room and I can do here whatever I want and whenever I want,” His voice gained more strictness, “If I want to take a nap, I take it. I want to listen to music, I simply turn on my stereo and do so. Trash laying around? So what? It’s my room and if I want it to not be clean, then it shall be. Dance around, waving my shirt in air? Well, that probably will never happen. But anyways, today I decided to play on my computer. Right now. I don’t care is it day or night. I want to play, so I play!”

“Okay. Stop,” Bino raised his palms. His patience to not say anything has run off, “I understand. You want to say that your room is your kingdom, space, asylum, dwelling, hideout, cave, ship, blah blah blah. It’s cool, really. I also had my own room in my old house and I get the point. But seriously, can’t you simply understand that you’re not living here alone anymore and I have my own needs too?”

“Huh!” Matt narrowed his eyes, “You still don’t get it. My point is that your existence here is violating my private space! And I don’t like that! You’re a dog and you’ll probably never understand that, but I really need privacy! I need a place where I can lock myself and have some peace, from you, from my parents, from anyone! I cannot feel comfortable in my own room anymore! Since you showed up here, all the time you’re terrorizing me! Everything must be your way!”

Matt’s breathing became faster. Now his fingers were clenched on the chair’s arms.

“I did not want to have any animal in this house. I don’t like animals. I prefer when they stay away from me as far as possible. But my parents got a stupid idea to move to a pet friendly neighborhood. Okay, I can still keep myself away from animals. But then they got another stupid idea. They took a dog! Great! But the worst they did, the thing I still can’t forgive them was to invade my private space by placing that stupid dog right into my room, without even asking me about it! Okay, their house so their rules, their choice that they wanted to have a dog. But they could settle him a place for sleep… dunno… in a corridor? Or in living room? But no, they had shove to my face that their decisions are absolute and stupid dog must be in my room and that’s it!

Bino’s gaze went down. Except for biting his lip, no concern could be seen on his face at all.

“So how your problems can even compare with mine, huh?” Bino had to look back at Matt as his pale face was close to him again, “My freedom is being stolen. By my parents and by you. In this house, no one cares about my opinion, or feelings. But you know what? I’m not gonna let that happen. I’ll fight back. No one will be telling me what to do. Absolutely no one. Like I keep saying, I don’t give even a single care about you. My care for you equals zero. So, my dear dog, I don’t care if I disturb you in sleeping, “Matt placed his hand on his chest, “I want to play a bit. And I will play until I’ll get bored. You can snarl, stomp, spit, cry, but I will continue playing. Nothing will move me from here. So I advice you that instead of complaining about it, just get yourself some earplugs and silk eye mask. Simple?”

Bino wanted to say something on all of this. His jaw was moving up and down, but no words came to exist. He was speechless.

Somewhere deep in his hard, he was feeling that Matt might be right. He was the one who came to this house. Matt was here before him.

He remembers the day when he met this teen well. How extremely unpleasant Matt was by the fact that a dog appeared in the house. How he started to argue with his father when it was mentioned that the dog is supposed to be his and from now on must take care of him. And he remembers how Matt run upstairs and blocked the door, to prevent this dog from moving in.

In his old home, Bino had his own room. He often had fights with Max, but they were totally different, since Matt obviously is a human and would never have a stupid idea of leaving in your bed hair during shedding season. But both he and Max had separate rooms. So Bino could lock himself away from the cat if he had to take some rest from him. If they didn’t have separate rooms, the house would probably end up in a very bad condition.

Now the only thing he has here (and by this I mean here in this room, not the cellar** which will bath you in tones of his toys if you’ll dare to open the bellied door) is his basket, in which he sleeps. And some stuff he hides in his secret hiding place under bedding. All rest is Matt’s. All those posters with scary looking guys in long hair, dirty clothes laying on floor or hanging on some part of furniture, whole drawer of pairs of black socks composed into bunches that were just begging for unwrapping and tearing them with teeth, collection of various vinyl’s which he can’t understand why they’re actually here since everyone have internet these days… everything here belongs to Matt. And because of that, he can’t say he’s at home. He doesn’t feel it’s his home. More like he’s just a visitor who’s forced here to stay. Or a guest at some wacky motel near Route 66 or whatever that dead empty road is called. And in this place, he can feel he’s not welcome here.

“Now that we settled some matters, now excuse me but I must return to my gaming,” Matt said as he put the headphone back on his free for hearing ear, “And go away. I don’t like when someone stands over my shoulder like that.”

Bino shook those thoughts off. What was he doing? Why was he even thinking about such things? They have no meaning to him at all! Why would he care about Matt’s problems with private space complex? Right now he was very tired and that’s what’s most important to him!

His big ego got brushed. Someone who dare to oppose his will can never be tolerated.

How dare Matt oppose him like that?

It may be Matt’s room, but he’s forced to sleep here. So instead of allowing himself to be strangled, he’s going to fight for his rights!

He’s not going to behave like a cowardly dog shaking in a corner from raised at him tone! He’s going to be strong!

Matt will go to that bed, does he like it or not!

Matt did not even turn back to computer screen, as Bino grabbed him by his arms and forced him to be face to face again. Quite surprised by this, now he was not looking at frustrated dog, but on someone determined, judging by how his limbs were being squeezed.

I won’t allow you on this…” Cold tone escaped though his clenched teeth, “You’re turning your junk off right now, and you’re going to bed… Or I’ll…”

Matt frowned and gritted his teeth. He was not pleased with this.

“Or what?” Matt said, glaring back at the dog, “What you’re gonna do to make me so? Seriously, what you’re gonna do? Time me up and throw me on my bed?”

Both of them were glaring like each other, in a way like they were about to start a physical fight. Bino was still squeezing Matt’s arms strongly and his grip did not loose even a bit all this time.

“I’m gonna… I’m gonna… uh.”

He wanted to give Matt an answer, but he did not know what. Matt’s idea was making sense in those circumstances. Actually, tying him up was actually what Bino had in mind, plus plastering his mouth with a tape to not hear his whining when doing so. But now it was too late to say that. Matt said it first and it would look like this idea came from him, making Bino look like he’s not able to come up with anything on his own. And a threat must be something that comes out from him only.

“I’m going to… I’m going… to tell your dad!” Bino finally said something. He let go of Matt and pointed his finger at the pale face, “Yeah! That’s what I’m gonna do! If you won’t turn off your computer right now, I’m gonna go down and tell him that you’re sitting all nights like that and you’re not letting me to sleep! Then he’ll come here and you’ll have to deal with him! He’ll beat such stupid ideas out of your head! How about that, punk?”

Bino was sure this will work. He knows how Matt hates to deal with his dad when being naughty. And knowing that guy’s attitude a little, finding out that his son instead of sleeping to take a good rest for next day at school is playing brainwashing games, it will be a heck of a ride for that brat.

Right now, he should be seeing fear on that pale face and soon to be expected begging to not do so. Instead, there was only a raised brow.

“Oh. Really?” Matt’s voice sounded like he was disappointed with such answer, “Well then, go ahead and tell him, tattletale.”

Matt didn’t wait for Bino’s response this time. Turning away from the quite shocked dog, he adjusted his headphones and placed both of his hands on his control panel, taking extra care on right setup of his fingers on WSAD area and tight grip on ragged by time and touch mouse. When he was sure he’s ready to go, his eyes went up and a grimace formed on his face.

“Nnngh… dang it, they kicked me for being afk,” He said to himself with discontent, “Well, let’s hope they still have room on server.”

Bino simply couldn’t believe in this. He simply couldn’t! That’s not the reaction he expected to see. Matt should’ve get on his knees before him, beg for mercy and promise a lot of cool stuff Bino would wish, only to prevent calling his dad up here. But he just turned away from him, just like that, and continued his wrongdoing.

His body trembled. Fist got clenched. Bino couldn’t tolerate this ignorance any longer. Letting out a frustrated groan, he turned around and rushed towards the door, stomping loudly.

His sign already adjusted to the bright light coming from the screen. Whatever was on that floor that could hurt his bare feet, Bino simply pushed or even kicked aside, making his way to the door.

If Matt thinks Bino is not going to realize his threat, he’s wrong! When he’ll reach that door, he’ll go downstairs and tell everything to Mr. Sternfeld what Matt is doing here! He’ll tell him that his son is not letting him sleep and talks back at him. He’ll tell him everything! And when he’ll drag Mr. Sternfeld up here, not only he will join in scolding, but also cheer for a hard punishment.

Maybe then, Mr. Sternfeld will take back his words about calling him useless. Perhaps now he will reward him for telling him about Matt’s night activities.

He reached the door. Then placed his hand on the door handle and squeezed it. Behind his back, he could hear a click after click.

The door was not opening. The handle was not pushed even a little bit.

Well then, go ahead and tell him, tattletale.

He bit his lip. His head went down and his forehead was now leaning against the door. Hand was still squeezing the handle. It even started to itch, like it was telling him to make that push already. But still, his hand was not doing that.

If he will go down and tell Mr. Sternfeld what’s going on here, probably everything will be settled and he will be able to get a peaceful sleep at long last. But on the other hand, won’t that indeed make him a tattletale? And won’t that be a proof to Matt that he was right by calling him that, thus making him a moral winner in this?

His head slammed against the door. His thoughts started to fight each other.

What he should choose? He’s very tired and wants to go to sleep. But he can’t give a proof to Matt that he’s a tattletale!

Bed? Or honor?

He kept thinking, while Matt was still playing on his computer, passionately pressing the buttons.

Slowly, his hand slipped off the handle. As he turned around, he leaned his back against the door and sighed.

He made his choice. He won’t prove to Matt he’s right. Actually, he doesn’t need Mr. Sternfeld for this. Thought of going to him and tell on Matt was just a moment of weakness. He can solve this problem on his own and he’s going to do that. And looking at the place where the teen was, or more precisely at what was standing right at the side of his desktop, he knew precisely how.

He rushed back to Matt. When he found himself at his side again, he bent down and looked at the computer. He grinned. His glance went up for moment to see is Matt seeing what he’s doing right now. Only to his entertainment, he found out that not, as he still was not taking his glance off the screen and constantly changing types of grimaces face was a proof that Matt was undergoing some virtual efforts. With a wider grin now, he looked at the button that in history of humanity signed itself as something that can release an enormous energy from a person all of a sudden if pressed without warning.

The on/off button.

Bino had to resist to not let out a snicker. Sliding his finger in circles at the edge of the glowing button, he was already imagining what will happen when he’ll push it. Reaction will be incredible. Matt will draw up like stung in butt and probably he will yell a lot of non-delicate words. Spit will be flying everywhere, tears probably too. And all what will be left is to relax and watch his body going completely out of control on the floor from sudden switch off.

After those sleepless nights, revenge is a must. Matt must pay for his crimes.

Finger was now positioned on the center of the button. All he has to do is to give it a little push and chain reaction will commence. He closed his eyes, curled his ears…

“Come one, come on, come on…” Matt started to press the buttons more intense, “Come on, faster, faster, faster! Yeaaaah!”

Finger remained straight. The power button was not pushed in and Matt was still enjoying the game.

Rats…” Bino massaged his face with his hand. Now he realized it was not the right way to force Matt to go to sleep. First, it was too easy! Pressing the button would solve the problem, but after what Bino went through past days, Matt deserves more suffering than just turning off his computer in a middle of playing game. Second, making him go berserk would surely be nice, but their room is small and there was risk that Matt would destroy everything here. Well, main reason actually that when blinded by rage, he eventually would damage the hound. Getting your revenge is one thing, but safety is important too.

Bino slapped his thighs. He started to feel impatience. Getting Matt to bed started to become so complicated!

He stood up and looked at the slouched, skinny boy. What he should do to drag him to bed? He can’t tie him up because Matt already gave that idea. He can’t tell Mr. Sternfeld, otherwise he will prove he’s a tattletale. And he can’t turn the stupid thing off because that’s not adequate way of payback.

And he was feeling really tired right now. Everything was becoming so dizzy. Eyes felt like they were burning. He had problems with keeping his sticky eyelids open. His body, lacking on energy, was giving him signals that it really requires rest.

Body! That was it!

All this time, Matt’s night activities with computer was torturing his body. So perhaps, he should do the same? To torture Matt’s body when he plays?

Such though was enough to stimulate his body for continuing operation. Matt told him that nothing will force him to get off the computer, making it sound like it was a challenge. So what he has to do was to annoy him to the point where he won’t be able to handle anymore and he will go to bed on his own. By doing something to his body, he will achieve that. By slowly ticking him off.

Now Matt will feel how it is when you want to do something, but other person stubbornly is not allowing you to do so. His terror is coming to an end.

Bino rubbed his hands vigorously. Such payback was most suitable. And he will have so much fun when doing so. He went behind Matt. Cracks came out of his fingers as he stretched them. He was ready.

Matt’s nape was covered by some kind of wispy fuzz. Bino lifted his finger. He smiled mischievously. Poor thing, concentrated on his virtual game, not realizing what is going to happen. Delicately, Bino brushed the fuzz with the tip of his finger. That was enough to make Matt’s body twitch and his shoulders to raise up. He did it again. Goosebumps appeared on skin. Another brush. Now his shoulder jerked, not just raised up. It seemed that such brushing was really ticklish to Matt. Bino liked that a lot and started to brush his slightly haired nape stronger.

*SLAP!*

Matt made a move with his hand like wanted to slap a fly. He massaged the place where it tickled and when feeling it’s alright now, he continued his playing.

Bino was thankful for his reflexes. Just in time, he withdrew his finger when it was about to be slapped. Still, it made him giggle and encourage him to keep going with teasing Matt.

Now when he knew what happens when he brushes the nape, it was time to check something else. He remembers that when each time Mrs. Sternfeld tried to pet him, Matt always made avoiding movement and yell ‘don’t touch my hair’. It was obvious that he doesn’t like when someone rummages in this overgrown thing. So what will happen when his fingers will get on his hair?

Like a spider, the sprawled hand sank deep into the black quagmire which was on top of Matt’s head. Bino felt how Matt’s body shivered, like it got electrocuted. Desktop crunched. Now the sound of clicks were stronger as Matt was pressing the buttons harder. His breath became shorter, a bit more whistling and drops of cold sweat appeared on his forehead.

Bino never felt between his finger a hair or fur so thick. He really started to enjoy rummaging in it. Just sliding his fingers across entire length made him want grip it and pull it, just to feel how many of it there was in his hand and how strong it was. And he didn’t care about Matt’s head being twisted in various directions when doing so. He couldn’t stop touching that hair.

Matt took off his headphones and threw them on his desktop. Drawing up at once, he turned around and passed through Bino, like he was not there.

Bino was looking how Matt approaches his bed. He succeeded? That fast? And only by touching his hair? He expected something more from him than that.

He shrugged. It seemed that Matt was bluffing with this nothing will move me from here thing. But why should he feel surprised anyways? Human brats like him tend to talk big and show how tuff they are, but in the end, they always wimp out.

At least he went to that bed finally. That’s what’s mort important now. He just forgot to turn off his computer when running away like a pansy. Oh well, he will do turn it off for him this time. And then, jump to warm bed and welcome the sleep with open arms.

Bino bent down. He was about to press the power button and put an end to this. But at the same time, something squeaked. Turning his head to see what it was, his eyes grew bigger. Matt was back on his swivel chair, sitting on it in the same, slouching position. The only thing that was different this time was that somehow Matt managed to stuff his overgrown hair under a baseball cap.

Bino gritted his teeth. Just when he thought it’s finally over, Matt had come up with some idea and continue his resistance. Now he understood that a real fight is still ahead of him.

He went behind Matt again. This time, his eyes were focused on his shoulders. Horrible sight. They were so slouched that it reminded more of a turtle shell. Just by looking at this made Bino’s spine hurt.

His hands tried to dig under Matt’s armpits in an attempt to give him a good portion of tickles. It worked last time in police arrest, when just barely touching him in those sensitive regions caused to make this boy squirm like a worm. But this time, Matt was too tightly curled into a ball on that chair, and any access to sensitive parts like armpits or hips were blocked. A turtle shell, indeed.

But if he can’t tickle him like that, there’s still one place on his body where he can perform that. But for this, he will need a special tool.

He went to his basket. As he put his hand under his blankets, he almost melted as a blissful feeling of warmth and coziness struck him. If he could just lift the blanked and jump into his bed, that feeling would wrap his entire body and everything would be so nice. But he had to shook that feeling off. There’s still work to do. He’ll get that warmth soon, he was sure of it.

After rummaging for a while, he took out a long feather. He spun it in his fingers, checking is everything all right with it. Then he went back to where he was battling.

Squatting, Bino looked at Matt’s feet. They were quite long, like they were flippers, not feet. And looked bony.

Bino lay down on the floor. He crawled under Matt’s chair. Without hesitation, and trying to not sniff too much, he commenced the attack. Very slowly.

“sss!”

Matt’s toes straightened at once. Goosebumps appeared as the tip of feather brushed gently the surface of delicate skin. Before it reached the heel, the twitching foot was already up in air from self defense.

“ah!”

The same went with other foot. Bino stuck out his tongue as he tried to get the tip of feather under it, the place most sensitive. When the foot went up, he giggled as he saw a tiny freckle.

“nngh!”

Just when the foot lowered, Bino’s feather already attacked, not giving any chance for recovery. Each brush of his weapon was slow. His foe must witness the damage severely.

The sight of feet twitching with each touch of his feather was pleasanty, and the sounds of grunting like a music to his ears, but doing that a couple of times started to get boring. It was time to add more varieties to this torture.

“Uh! Mmm! Yh!”

He increased the speed of his attacks, as were moans and grunts getting louder and more frequent. The chair above him started to creak, as well as desktop. To his brushes, Bino also added circles, zigzags and pint attacks. He also wanted to give squirming toes some special care, so he could observe how they try to curl.

The fight between defenseless feet and cruel feather became a hopeless fight for survival. Bino was not waiting for each foot to lower itself anymore. Without respite, he kept assaulting those feet so he could see them dance. Moans were mixing with crackles.

Suddenly, Matt’s feet went deep under desktop. When they emerged, they were covered in slippers. Bino groaned. Those slippers were reaching his ankles and there was no way he could aim for ticklish spots anymore.

The feather was not able to deliver any blows upon his bare foes anymore. Bino was forced to go back to his basket and change his weapon.

This time, he decided to give his tennis ball a try.

Bino went behind Matt, making a little distance. He looked at his target. Matt’s head looked like a tip of match, thanks to his long neck and flashing screen. He bounced the ball on the floor a couple times. Then, giving it a firm grip, he raised his leg, closed his eye for aim and…

*boink!*

As the tennis ball collided with Matt’s head, Bino heard a sound like he just hit something that is empty inside. It really made the dog happy, because it sounded like Matt had no brain there, which he always believed. Clasping his hands and stamping with his feet, Bino awaited for the bouncing ball to return to him, so he can do it again.

The ball flew into his open hands and without hesitation, Bino raised his hand for another throw.

*buink!*

Matt’s head went a little forward as the tennis ball hit it again.

*bink!*

Each time the ball bounced back to him, Bino immediately threw it at Matt’s head, his happiness along with smile on his muzzle growing bigger as he heard the sound of emptiness. He did not even realize his tail behind him was swaying from side to side.

Matt could sit there as long as he wants. Bino just found a way of having fun in late hours. And it’s going to be a fun for long.

*benk!*

*pat*

*pat*

*baumb!*

*pat*

*pat*

*pat*

*bionk!*

*pat*

*pat*

All the time the same. Grabbing the ball into his hands, raise it, throw it at his target, await for empty head to make a sound and observe how it bounces on the floor back to him.

It hit the head and bounced back.

Bouncing across that floor in steady line. Making those tapings as it bounced from the floor.

Bouncing high. Going up and down, along with chin.

*bamp!*

*pat…*

*pat…*

The tennis ball returned politely to its master, only to find himself in dog jaws and being squished by sharp fangs.

Bino found himself on the floor. He began to chew his tennis ball, panting loudly as he did so. His long tongue vigorously licking the surface, tasting the hairy, dirty and salivated all those past days ball. He was giving himself so much into his activity that his squirming limbs were pushing aside all the stuff that was on floor.

His eyes shot open. He immediately sat up and slapped his scalp. Now he realized his plan just turned against him.

He groaned and snapped his fingers. He can’t use the tennis ball anyone, as he will end up as a victim of if. As he got up from the floor, he brushed off his fur and wiped the trail of saliva rolling down from his lips.

He checked how Matt is holding so far. He was still playing his game, but his hands were actually hanging on his control devices, to the point where they were creaking with a simple move of his body. His eyes were even red than before and his expression on his face reminded of a guy who had a really bad day.

It was a clear sight that Matt was not enjoying the game anymore, for obvious reasons, but still was stubbornly holding on his computer.

Bino did not like this. It was a war on greater scale now. A battle between his desire of peace and stubbornness of his roommate. The winner can be only one. He spit out the tennis ball on his hand and threw the soaked, stinky orb back on his bed.

Without taking his eyes from the screen, Matt stretched out his hand for his bottle of cola. As he clasped his fingers, all he met there was not the familiar plastic as he expected, but air. Then he saw a brown, stubby arm appear on his desktop, which took all the packs of chips and sweets off it.

Holding all the food in his arms, Bino ran quickly to Matt’s bed and threw everything under it. Brushing off his hands, he turned around and looked at Matt with a smirk. He was very proud of himself. He deprived Matt from his night bar. Cut him off his supplies and now he won’t be able to survive whole night without feeling hunger or thirst. He sat on Matt’s bed crossed his arm and waited, confident and sure that minutes dividing him from his triumph.

He waited there, swinging his legs in air as time was passing. It won’t be too soon when Matt will feel the first symptoms of hunger. He could already imagine how his stomach was giving him that sucking sensation and how it must be bothering him. He won’t be able to focus on what he’s doing there. And he won’t be able to keep his eyes open because he had no cola that can supply him with sugar and other similar junk.

Matt took his hand off the mouse. That was it! He started to give up! Now all he need to do is to lift those four letters of his and move to his bed!

No, he just scratched his belly.

Bino changed his mind. Waiting for Matt to die there from hunger was too long. He had to get him to his bed faster. He went back to his basket. Rummaging under his bed sheets for a while, he pulled out a little mirror. He set it up on Matt’s desktop, in a position where the boy’s bed is being reflected. After the adjustment was done, Bino went to Matt’s bed once more.

Matt kept telling him to keep the heck away from his bed or he’ll rip his legs from butt. That object is sacred and no fur can be there. Today was a good time to desecrate those bed sheets.

Bino climbed on the bed and started to bounce on it. The room was now filled with squeaks coming from springs. His feet were sinking deep into mattress, thus allowing him to bounce high and almost hit the cellar with his head.

The dog gave himself fully to bounces as now he was trying to perform backflips in air. He felt jealous for Matt. Not only he had a soft bed, but it also was good for being a trampoline. Now he knew what he’s gonna do when Matt will be away for school and he will be bored at home.

Being in air, Bino brought his knees together and curled into a tight ball. His body sank into mattress, causing the coverlet to wind up.

“BLLLAAAHHH!! FLLLEEEH!! SHHHHFF!! FLEEIIIIH!! BLUUURURURURURU!! UUUUUU!!”

The bed was now making more squeaky voice, even creeks. Wildness possessed his body. He was rolling on entire bed crazily, wrapping himself in blankets and making creepy noise mixed with pants and sniffings. His limbs were constantly kicking and his nose was brushing the bed. The well prepared bed turned into real mess, with a dog swirling in it.

*BAM!*

“Oww! Ow ow oww!”

All of a sudden, Bino found himself outside the bed, hitting the floor hard with his head. He wanted to massage the aching place, but as he placed his hand there, he felt the soft material. Opening his eyes, he realized he’s all wrapped in bed sheets and started to quickly pull it off.

Freeing himself from bed sheets and getting on his knees, Bino glanced at the bed. He left a real mess there. Everything was crumpled and covered with his fur.

But something was not right. Not because of the mess of course, but something else should have had happened.

Bino looked at Matt and curled his hands into fists. The mirror he placed on his desktop was lying upside down. He put so much effort into ruining that boy’s bed and he was not seeing what kind of things he was doing with his sheets.

With loud stomps, he approached Matt and glared at him. What a hard to bite nut that Matt is! Resisting him so strongly all this time. He did so much nasty things to him, and he still plays on this PC like nothing was happening.

The seducing thought of pressing the power switch appeared in his mind, but he tried to shake it off. One switch to make everything easier. Just press it and computer will turn off. But no, he already proclaimed he will do it by playing on Matt’s psyche and tease him to the point where he will surrender. If he will press that switch, he will only admit to himself his failure in achieving such goal.

Think, Bino! Think! What else you can do to break Matt?

He reached deeply into his memories. He tried to think of those times where he had fights with Max. They were so many, all of them ending up in different way. Some of those methods used then to win over Max could be helpful right now.

He remembered a situation that liked to repeat often. It was not a pleasant memory. It was Max who was actually triumphing and he was the one being defeated. Each time Max did this trick, he felt an incredible anger and helplessness.

But if he felt that way back then, maybe the same will feel Matt if he will use that method.

Bino threw a glance at the keyboard and mouse, which were still being intensively used. Both of them were located on sliding board. Perfect. He knew what must be done.

Bino laid himself on the sliding board, sandwiching Matt’s controlling devices, along with his hands under his belly. His legs twitched a little as the prisoned hands started to wiggle down there, tickling him.

Hey!

As he expected, Matt’s reaction was immediate. He lifted himself from his seat fast, almost knocking it down. He started to try to pull his hands from beneath the furred body. The desktop began to wobble along with monitor and Bino had to clench his teeth to not giggle from tickling sensation.

Matt pulled out his hands. As he cleared his view from falling on his eyes hair, he glared at the laying on keyboard dog.

Get off!” Matt demanded, pointing his finger on the ground.

“Nu-uh!” Bino shook his head and lowered it, clenching his fingers stronger.

Get off, you hear me?!

Nu-uh!

Bino’s fingers clenched the desk harder as he knew what’s gonna happen now. Matt grabbed both his dangling legs and started to pull the dog to himself.

Matt was pulling really hard, he could tell that by squeaking sounds of the desktop he was holding onto it and by creeks coming from the regions of his hips. The pulls got even stronger when matt supported his leg on the edge of desktop, but at the same time, Bino freed one leg and was able to give the teen a face massage with his foot.

*clink*

Something small fell on the floor. Bino was not being pull anymore.

*clank*

The sliding lowered. His fingers were clutch at maximum.

“Uh oh…”

*clenk*

*BEM!*

With big thud, Bino fell along with sliding desk on the floor, feeling painfully the buttons of the keyboard nailing into his skin.

Laying flat like a pie, he heard behind himself how Matt was taking a deep breath. The whine of complaint over the broken sliding desk is gonna commence.

*step* *step* *step* *step*

Bino’s ears twitched as he heard someone going upstairs. Footsteps were heavy, so it was obvious to who they belong.

He can’t stay here. Quickly lifting himself up, he immediately run towards his basket, passing the dumbstruck Matt and made a dive right under his blankets.

*step* *step* *step*

Hidden in his blankets, Bino could still see a bit of the room. The person walking upstairs was coming close. Matt turned off the monitor and darkness covered everything. Bino heard grunts. It was Matt trying to dash towards his bed, but he forgot about his stuff laying on the floor. Steps outside were getting louder and probably that person was now on corridor. Bino heard grunts again. Something shuffled near the desktop. Footsteps outside were now close the door. Matt will get caught. The knob moved and light from the outside illuminated the room.

A head peeked in. It turned in direction where Matt’s bedsheets were shuffling.

“I heard a whomp. Did something happen?” Bino heard Mr. Sternfeld’s voice.

The bedsheets on Matt’s bed stopped shuffling.

“Dad, you woke me up…”

“Sorry. I just thought something happened here. But everything is okay?”

“Yes…”

“Okay. Good night, Matt.”

Mr. Sternfeld’s head vanished behind the door. The light started to dim as the door was being closed.

“Matt?” The light intensified and Bino saw Mr. Sternfeld’s head again, “Why are you sleeping with a hat on your head?”

“I felt cold in the head.”

“Uh… ookay.”

The door closed and darkness covered everything again. Bino kept listening how Mr. Sternfeld walked downstairs, and soon everything went quiet. He smiled. Screen was not flashing anymore, clicks were not making his brows twitch and brat was in his bed. Snuggling to his pillow, he closed his eyes and tried to think of something nice, so he can fell into sleep.

“Hey, dog. You took a shower?”

Bino had to resist his need to groan. Will Matt finally get quiet and go to sleep?

“Yeah, I did. So what?” He replied, hoping that Matt will shut up now.

“Thought so. It’s nice to feel a nice scent from you for a change.

Bino’s hand went under his blankets. After a bit of search, he pulled out a roll of isolation tape. This time, it will be his last getting up from his bed this night.

* 25 I hate mondays
** 14 Unnecessary things that are important
Last edited by Karl on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

I
so
LOVED
this
upate :D :D :D
Bino gave us an unxepected dose of massive cuteness! Loved it
Matt's passive resistance tactics were simply grandiose given the occasion.
Even in these small domestic moments, Karlos, you can do the greatest job. Bravissimo!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice update. Mr. Sternfeld will believe anything, eh? :roll:
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

copper wrote:Nice update. Mr. Sternfeld will believe anything, eh? :roll:
I think he'll just pretend everything's fine cuz he can't just take more than that in one day :lol:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

so...
many...
words...
@_@

still, fun update

if "sliding desk" meant what I thought it meant, I'm not sure one of those could hold Bino's weight.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Karl

Post by Karl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:if "sliding desk" meant what I thought it meant, I'm not sure one of those could hold Bino's weight.
The thing under your desktop, on which is your keyboard. I don't know what's the accurate name for it in English. I don't have a Beta Reader anymore.
And the scene with Bino lying with his body on it was an experience from my childhood. A quite painful one.
I'm a bookworm!
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Technically i am still your beta reader i just didn't have enough time to correct this chapter without keeping the fans waiting for a longer period of time.
Yes, I am a furry.
Karl

Re: Housepets: Matt (suspended)

Post by Karl »

I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh, sorry to hear that.

We all completely understand what you must be going through, and only wish for you to get better. If it's as bad as you're saying, don't even think twice about us. You just do what you can to get better.

I hope things turn out to be alright for you in the future.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

very sorry to hear all of that. Your health always comes first. I wish you the best of luck in finally getting this dealt with.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Karlos, what makes me angry is that your country's public welfare seems no better than Italian's (which is a record of slugginess!). :twisted:
I wish you the happiest resolution for this problem, and of course you take care of yourself ONLY until this problem is over and done.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Geez Karlos... :( i devoured those letters. I just feel so bad... even if good part was already my knowledge, i didn't think the situation was this bad.

I'm sorry, really. I hope you'll soon overcome this mess... we all do. In the meantime i promise to catch up with the episodes I'm missing.

Good luck man. We're with you ;)

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sorry to see you go, but trust us all, we care about you. You may be an ocean away, but your still a friend. I hope you get the surgery you need and try your best to get some sleep if you can...

Your fic can wait until you get better.
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thank you, guys. I'll try to hold on.
I'm a bookworm!
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Oh my....I hope you get well as soon as you can Karlos!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Tomorrow I have a surgery. I'm very scared. Please cross your fingers for me.
I'm a bookworm!
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

*cross every finger of hands and feet* good luck Karlos, i hope your headaches will get better with it!

Let us know, but most of all, rest a lot so you can be back stronger than ever!