Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hotep the psychic

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by Hotep the psychic »

so...you were in love with him or what cause im still connfused Horus said standing the tree up and fluffing it out so it would be easier to set ornaments. he then grabbed some lights and wrapped them around the tree.you know....now that I think about it. we used to do Christmas and kwanza together during the holidays I remember my mom and dad laying by the fire as our owners played with the dradel and id be with my brother in the other room playing chess or D&D it was fun.... Horus said sadly looking down at the floor he looked away as some tears ran down the side of his face. he wiped them away and kept setting the tree
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke nodded to Frost in agreement Yeah those would be perfect, and I would have volunteered anyway" he gave a slight smile, before looking to Horus "Yes... And I still do..." he said, placing a few ornaments on the tree. He gave bit of pause at Horus' sad look "You've lost a loved one... Haven't you... I... I know how you feel... "
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Hotep the psychic

ive lost more than that and I can show you too if your good to leave for Egypt in a few days. wed be back before Christmas eve...I mean you don't have too but if you want we have two extra ticketsHorus set some ornaments on the tree as well then went into the boxes and found the star that went on top. just think about the offer. I got to get back Horus left then stopped at the door oh and heres the address to my house just give the door a knock if you want to talk horus said lastly handing zeke the piece of paper with the address. he then turned and walked out the door.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost looked silently from the front door where Horus was to Zeke. He then bundled up of the lights and grabbed a small box of hooks.
"I'm... gonna see if I can string some of these lights on."
He flashed a small smirk towards Zeke before heading through the same door.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

so hows the neighborhood? Horus's owner asked as he walked inside its nice. met a few of the pets that live here not there owners it was fun. mr. catreno nodded as his wife was upstairs packing for the trip. hey dad I know you accidently bought those extra two tickets so I invited two pets to come with us but that's there choice I know mr catreno nodded at this and pet horus then left him here in the living room. horus sighed then went to the spare room which was his and started meditating slowly lifting off the ground till he was one foot from the floor. his eyes opened glowing blue as he went into a deep trance.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke sighed a bit, he decided to let Ekez stretch his legs a bit, and with a bit of effort, they split, the two of them were practically twins, if their colors were not reversed "Ekez... Don't go too far... you know what can happen if you aren't careful..." Zeke said with a emotionless expression and voice "Ya know you should really talk to Rendak... I am sure Aethon has cleared it all up" he said, the two setting on decorating the tree
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

Hotep kept in his trance. Soon he was detached from the world and his spririt was free. ok now that thats over lets see how zeke and frost are doing horus looked at his true body then floated off to the clubhouse. Once got there he saw the many lights outside then went through the wall and found zeke. He then stayed there invisible.i cant keep this for long other wise trouble will find me he thought to himself watching zeke
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"And... Okay.". Frost stood back to admire his handiwork. Lights now hung around the front of the clubhouse.
"Just need to do the sides and the back, the it should look good.". And he still had a couple yards of lights left.
The sleddog grabbed the box of hooks out of his jacet's pockets. He shook it and frowned. Empty.
"Needa get some more...". He muttered, heading back inside the building.
"Hey Zeke, you think there's any more of those light hooks around he-".
He cut short when he saw another malamute. After a second his brain came to a logical conclusion.
"Oh, cool. You got someone else to help too.". He turned his attention to the other dog
"Sorry, I didn't see you walk inside.". He remarked apologetically.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Horus came back from the boxes after finding a small box of hooks then slid them into frosts jacket pocket then went away to the table to see if hed notice just for a laugh. He then heard something cold and evil uh oh that didnt sound too good. horus floated upwards poking head through the roof to find a wind spirit blowing through causing a medium blizzard heading to town. thats not good at all horus said aloud he then went back down and looked for a radio in the clubhouse.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ekez looked over to Frost, not knowing if he was a part of the world of magic or not, he chose to tell a lie "Hey... I am Zeke's brother, me and my owner live out of town, my owner has gone to visit his family for the holidays, and his mother is deathly alergic, it was either I spend time with with my brother, or go to a kennel for a while..." he smiled

Zeke looked over to Ekez, giving a slight nod "Yes I missed my big brother, so I begged dad to let him stay...It took a few promises, but he finally agreed" he said, his tone emotionless and distant, but he managed a fake smile
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ekez looked over to Frost, not knowing if he was a part of the world of magic or not, he chose to tell a lie "Hey... I am Zeke's brother, me and my owner live out of town, my owner has gone to visit his family for the holidays, and his mother is deathly alergic, it was either I spend time with with my brother, or go to a kennel for a while..." he smiled

Zeke looked over to Ekez, giving a slight nod "Yes I missed my big brother, so I begged dad to let him stay...It took a few promises, but he finally agreed" he said, his tone emotionless and distant, but he managed a fake smile
"Being in a kennel is no way to spend Christmas.". Frost agreed. He walked over to the boxes and rummaged through them.
"Well its nice to you meet you, umm.". He stopped rummaging and turned around, facing Zeke's brother.
"Sorry, I don't think I got your name?"

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

spirit horus looked towards zeke and his brother so that's whats going on...hes here with his brother alone for the holidays.....I wonder. horus then found an old radio and set it on the table and went inside it. immediately it turned on to the weather telling about the blizzard heading towards the town and other weather problems.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ekez nodded Well we were the twins of the litter, and our owners thought it was cute that we were "mirror images" so my name is his name backwards or, Ekez, as it were, I believe I heard your name was Frost?" he then looked at the radio as it spit out the weather, making him raise his eyebrow in q uestion
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ekez nodded Well we were the twins of the litter, and our owners thought it was cute that we were "mirror images" so my name is his name backwards or, Ekez, as it were, I believe I heard your name was Frost?" he then looked at the radio as it spit out the weather, making him raise his eyebrow in q uestion
Frost nodded in confirmation. "Yep, Frost Winters.". As he listened to the radio announcements his eyes widened slightly when the word 'blizzard' crackled out of the old machine.
He put his hands in his pocket, looking troubled. That was when he discovered...
"Hmm?". He took out a box of light hooks. "Oh, guess... I had them all along.". He shrugged.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

the radio then started changing channels rapidly until Horus flew out and the radio shut off. I hate doing that. I better get back to my real body and make sure they get back safely and with that he flew back finding his body at his house and then went back into his trance once all fit he collapsed onto the ground owwwwww I hate it when that happens..... he rubbed his head and adjusted his tail then grabbed his bag and packed his survival kit inside and some more sodas and his little electricity generator and went out the door to the clubhouse. theres the storm it gonna hit in a few minutes. Horus said running to the clubhouse.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke showed indifference as he turned back to the tree Maybe thats why all the other pets haven't shown up, they heard about the weather and decided to play it safe and stay inside... I believe the weather man is wrong, something was inaccurate with the charts, and it would take longer for a large blizzard such as that to hit here, so there is no cause for alarm..." he said, analyzing every aspect, but still in a single tone voice
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

outside the wind picked up as the blizzard hit the far side of town. horus looked in that direction from the door. then went inside the clubhouse.wow you guys did a lot when I was gone. you here about the storm it just hit the far side of town. horus set his bag on the table. and sat down. ........you guys ever get snowed in and have to wait it out? horus asked setting a different radio on the table and the little generator and turning them both on.~**local residents are advised........as the blizzard continues through the town. the storm is said to leave the doors packed and may cause power shortages residents are to say indoors till it comes to pass. and now the sports with tom wiliker..... the radio went off continuing. horus then took out the kit and a large pack of different sodas.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost walked over to the window of the clubhouse. His breath fogged up the glass as he peered outside.
"Its happened a few times where I used to live...". The hooks in his pocket now forgotten, he continued to monitor the change in weather outside with cautious eyes.
"I thought I moved down here to get away from stuff like this...". He muttered to himself.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke tried to stand, but he quickly fell back down to his knees, looking down to the ground, Ekez giving him a stare and biting his lip "I-It hasn't been that long Zeke... Why are you..." Zeke interrupted "Two and half minutes until the body suffers any permanent damage... First function to fade will be the use of the legs...One and a half minutes" Ekez sighed and looked to Frost "Please don't tell anyone about this... " Ekez hugged Zeke tight, returning to Zeke's body "Sorry Ekez... Wish you could have stayed out longer..." he sighed, emotion returning to his voice
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of Ekez's voice.
"Don't tell anyone what?". He asked, turning around.
Frost saw Zeke on his knees on the floor. And Ekez... Nowhere to be found.
"Hey.". He walked over to the malamute, looking concerned.
"You alright?". The sleddog asked, offering a hand to help him up.
Last edited by Roarin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

so thats how it works.....i mean ive heard about this but never seen it horus said checking zekes body with a cautious look his left eye glowing faintly. i know your going to be alone for the holidays i over heard your conversation. We both have our secrets i should show you mine horus whispered into zekes ear still interested by what happened. He then grabbed a root beer and handed it to him
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke stood to his feet and gave a smile to Frost "I'll be fine, thanks Frost, Ekez was called home for something, he asked me to wait for him" he looked to Horus, accepting the root beer "Some other time perhaps... Please do not concern yourself too much, I have Ekez and I have dad, as well as a few friends. I'll be fine"
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

Horus nodded at this and handed a soda to frost as the blizzard hit the clubhouse. He looked outside and sighed. you know with my secret i feel guilty holding it. If people and other pets just understood like i did i wouldnt have to hide it.he looked at his paw then took the tag off his collar and turned it over to see the markings of egyptian on the back, he sighed again and sethis head on his arms on the table. The generator buzzed as the radio kept playing soon dieing out from loss of signal.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke placed his hand on the radio, sending a bit of a jolt through it, the signal returning, clearer than before "Tsk, don't let it bother you none, humans find out, they go crazy... They put you in some freak show, do experiments on you... or worse... they try to kill you outright...there are some that understand, but they are either like us, or they are looking for exploit... the ones that aren't are hard to find"
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

then theres only hunters and searchers that are both with or without and find the rest to kill for enjoyment so the so called curses are lifted. And frost here probably doesnt understand what were talking about horus said raising a paw to him. so far zeke your the only one who understands what ive been through......its annoying having to do so run. Protect yourself. Even use your own abilitys against others....its heart breaking horus then forgets about frost standing in the room and lifts his paw still in the air as a book floats past frost and into his hand. He looks at the cover then opens it to a page in the middle showing pictures of his family in egypt then some newspaper articles of a house burn down then a picture from a few days ago. Horus then started to tear up a bit as he threw the book to the floor stuck on the same page.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost scratched the back the head and closed his eyes. Furiously trying to process this information. He was a dog of many traits, but it still took him a minute or two for everything to settle in his brain. Something about magic and secrets? He could have sworn a book few by him.
But the one thing that did stick was.
"W-wait. Your brother went out there by himself?!". Frost opened his eyes and rushed to the window.
"You know how dangerous that is?! All that snow..."

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke sighs "Ekez isn't really my brother ok... I was born without a soul... and so Ekez was sealed into my body... He can leave but I became an emotionless shell... If he stays from my body too long I begin to internally collapse... If I pass on, he ceases to be..." he said, putting it simply
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Wait, what?". Frost backed away from the window and walked over to th table with the soda. He grabbed another root beer and sat down in one of the chairs. Staring at Zeke and Horus. "Let me get this straight, for a sec"
"So you.". Pointing to Zeke.
"Are saying that there are two dogs living inside of you, essentially.". He opened the bottle, which fizzed.
"And you.". Nodding at Horus while he took a sip.
"Are... Magical in some way too?". His gaze sometimes strayed to the blizzard outside the window but his main focus was now on these two suddenly stranger than normal pets.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

well yes...to put it simply im what some people would call a psychic but its more than that i can seperate myself to a spirit form and way more. I could even help zeke here become normal.horus said pointng at him.its a simple trick. Of seperation and placement. But anyways frost theres more than that too us because we were born this way. Its a curse...but its also a gift. Those hooks in your jacket. That was me in spirit form. horus picked up the book he threw on the floor.but then theres people that hate us. Im here from that....about a year ago a bunch of people broke into our house in egypt...they killed everyone there except a few they were me, my brother,my brother, my owner and his wife...they burned the house down and it collapsed in on itself burying everything we owned. Thats why we moved here. Because we knew of other pets with abilitys. My brother is in egypt still looking for who d id this too us horus closed the book and took a soda from his bag and took a sip from it. Then set it down and looked at frost to see what he had to say.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke looked down at the floor "Thats rough... It is true there are pets like us here... but we all have a promise to keep it under wraps, barely any of our owners even know... Mine travels around alot, so I haven't told him...I don't want anything changed with me and Ekez... We have been like this for years... we are close and doing something like that would serve only to push us apart"
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

that's not all true considering the danger you place upon yourself when he is out. you could be yourself instead of the hollow shell and keep your abilitys. but if you don't want to ill respect that. im just making a suggestion. Horus grabbed an Ouija board from his bag and set it up on the table. he then muttered something placed his paws on the board glass then focused with his eyes closed. when he opened them again his eyes glowed yellow as he went into a trance his arms moving the glass over different letters.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm..." Frost rolled the idea around in his head for a minute.
"Cool." He replied, smiled and went back to drinking his soda and looking out the window.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Horus stopped with the Ouija board his eyes slowly faded to there original color as he shook his head then put the board away. After that he looked outside the wind still blowing hard as the blizzard kept going on through.
ImageImageImage
Hotep the psychic

And by wolvens decree its a new day to start. YAY!

Horus woke to the smell of bacon and breakfast as his owners were getting ready for there new jobs in radient gardens. He stretched himself out and shook himself awake then let out a big yawn with sleepy eyes. He then looked outside seeing all the snow gone and the sunshining outside. He opened the window and let in a big breath of fresh air. "wahooo no snow! Its a season!" horus howled happily. Soon he was downstairs his collar on with his back pack and was by the table "well look whos up and cheerfull this morning" tara said giving horus his plate of sausege bacon and waffles, then scratching his chin and petting him. "of course im happy im not missing bacon day for the world"horus said his tail wagging.
"weres dad?" horus said looking around with a piece of bacon sticking out of his mouth.
"he left sweety earlier. And i have to go too. Be sure you drink your tea its on the table ok" she said grabbing her stuuff petting him more and leaving in the car. Horuus put the rest of the bacon and sausage in a bag then grabed his egyptian tea and left the house locking the door behind him. "Time to see who else is up" he thought to himself
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"You sure your okay?"
"Yes Mom... I fine." Frost was standing on the front porch along with Mrs. Winters. There was a broomstick in her hand (she always cleaned the porch in the morning).
All the snow was finally gone (thank dog), and Frost could finally go back outside. In fact it was a sunny day outside, not a cloud in the sky. But...
"Are you really sure? I can always g-"
"Mom. I'm fine." Frost insisted.
"Okay... But come home if you start feeling worse."
"Yeah, I'll see you later." The sleddog turned around and started down the steps of the porch onto the sidewalk, stuffing his paws into the pockets of his gray snowboard jacket in the process.
He was fine. It was true. It's just that... He shivered. Ever since the snowstorm he's been under the weather. Chills, like a cold, except without all the sneezing and watery eyes (and whatever else came with a cold..). But he was fine. He looked around the neighborhood. It was sunny day.
He just had to find something to get his mind off it...

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

An old pickup truck rattled to a stop at the edge of the shopping district, and a little animal with a big backpack hopped out of the passenger side, waved happily to the driver, and watched the vehicle as it started again with a thump and a crack and rolled down the street and out of sight. The critter was short and slim, with a pointy raccoon muzzle and a curious black-and-white inverted mask that matched its long almost-prehensile striped tail. In between was a mixture of its own thick brown fur, a loose child-size denim jacket badly fitted to his skinny torso, and a faded red scarf.

Once the truck vanished from sight the critter sighed and turned away, and hauled its great lumpy bag on its back, and marched through the sleeping streets past the closed storefronts, looking for something.

After ten or fifteen minutes it ducked into a convenience store, dragged a milk carton up against the front of the store's teller machine, and whistled happily as as it played with the buttons. Toast's long tail curled up in a cheerful question mark as once again he verified his bank account was still valid and his savings were still intact. He'd had his own money (and identity) for less than a year and he was terrified that it was going to be taken away from him any day.

"Frabjous day! Calloh, callay! Excuse me, sir, can I have one of those sandwiches... the turkey... I can't reach it and I don't want to knock anything down. Yes, yes, I can pay, see!" He waved a five dollar bill at the storekeeper, paid, and was soon ambling down the street towards the houses on the other side of town, munching on bread and turkey and picking pieces of lettuce and pickle out of the sandwich as he went, leaving a green and tangy trail behind him.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

A row of houses to his left, another to his right. Frost continued his trot down the street. He still wasn't very familiar with the neighborhood, only living here for a week or two. The sleddog was scanning the area when... *squish*.
Again, he wasn't very familiar with the town. But he was pretty sure the sidewalk isn't suppose to be layered with pieces of lettuce and... He lifted his foot to check, peeling off a wet wad of pickle with disdain.
Scouting ahead he spotted a raccoon not that far up the road.
"Hey!". He waved a hand and started running that direction.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Horus was finishing his tea when he heard something familiar. he looked around unknowing what it was until he came to the cross walk. in the distance he saw a figure no two a raccoon and was that frost? still he thought he should greet the newcomer and headed in that direction
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

The little procyonid spun at the sound, turning his reverse-masked face to see what the fuss was, great Coyote what did he see but a huge wolf-like dog with a curly tail waving his paws and yelling at him! Well, he knew what to do about that... quick as a wink he scrambled over the bumper of a convenient pickup, leapt to the gate-post and onto the roof of the closest house, and yelled back from his secure perch over the eaves:

"Please sir, I didn't steal this sandwich, I..."

He looked at his left paw, and his right paw, and then down at the sorry remains of his ex-turkey sandwich scattered over the bed and roof of the pickup.

"You sorry son of a river toad! You made me drop my sandwich! That cost me a dollar fifty!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After watching the raccon's parkour skills he came to a halt in front of the house, keeping on the sidewalk.
"No it's just that you lef-" Frost paused. Tiliting his head in that way dogs tilt their head when their confused. Wait.
"Really fifty bucks?! Look I don't mean to be rude sir but a lettuce, pickle, and...". He glanced at the top of the pickup.
"turkey sandwich shouldn't cost that much. I'm pretty sure you got ripped off.". Either that it must have been a really delicious sandwich.

Ref Ref!