Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by Esper »

Iudex nodded his head, having by this time calmed himself down enough to stop stuttering every other phrase, "Onward." The cat said almost blankly after fully putting his original, distant façade back up. Iudex scanned the area left and right, but clinging to the shadier parts if the park
~~~
Lucius grinned slyly and slipped away from Reno and his guest. He had served his role to calm the dig down and guid him, but the man DID have his own agenda to find Iudex, and it Disney involve riding a pet sized motor bike
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Izarc was also searching, for what he didn't know.

He gives up after a while and sits on a shaded bench close to the entrance they started at, taking out his phone he starts to text Katrina..

"Will b back soon. helping new friend find someone. what time you want back again?" Izarc typed into the device and sent it..

~
Meanwhile..

"..Yes, of course that shipment was squeduled for last week, But..
Yes, I KNOW that but I can't just 'ask nicely' if they could speed up my deliveries.. Right, now don't bother me with this again please, I need some well needed R&R time thank you.. Yes, goodbye..
" Katrina threw the phone down onto the glass coffee table and slumped into the sofa and sighed.
"finally some peace.." She wispered to herself. At just that moment a jingle came from her phone, which meant she got a text.
"Urgh, for just a minute could someone give me a rest!?" She exlaimed as she picked up the phone..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nods "Yeah, I am driving... Figure it would be quicker to look for him that way, but don't get me wrong, I am still going to be stopping at the park... I figure... It would be for the best yeah?" he smiles slightly and pads down the parking lot, towards his motorcycle
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Yeah it's fine, let's get going." said Nat with a simple nod.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After surveying the park for a few minutes it was clear Reno or Iudex's owner wasn't here.
Trigger scratched the top of his head.
"Hmm... Doesn't look like their here... You guys think we should move on, or wait and see if they come around?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

D-Singer wrote:
HarlequinRed wrote:Parker seemed a bit offput being back at Cruiser's house. "Look, we just need to know that psychic friend of yours." he said bluntly.
Cruiser stood with his head leaning just slightly outside the front door, gripping to both the handle and the doorframe on either side of him for support. “Psychic friend? What are you talking abou-“

Cruiser stopped mid sentence, looking directly at Marcus...and his weird, lifeless looking eyes. In truth, Cruiser did not believe in, much less know of any psychics. But there was one dog he did have in mind. One he knew was acquainted to Marcus, and while not exactly a palm reader was definitely empathetic and wise. Close enough...

there was a brief moment of silence while Cruiser put two and two together in his head. “You mean Zaya? That who you’re looking for?” The young Dutch shepherd glanced over his shoulder at Harley, who appeared to be intently fascinated with whatever she was looking at on his camera.
Marcus started to answer but faltered, "Yeah her, I'd heard of her and well you know her and we...uh... " He stopped and looked Cruiser in the eyes. He was visibly frightened of something. "Listen we're ###### scared and we're grasping at straws. Can you just do me a solid and tell me where to find her?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nodded back to Nat as he sat down on the motorcycle, inserting the key and revving it up a few times, he kept it in check, so there was no way it would breakdown "Hop on and hold on tight... I am gonna go fast as the speed limits will allow... "
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

THe cat nodded and jumped on. She hesitated for a moment, either out of some kind of fear/guilt or embarrassment, whether she should wrap her arms around Reno or not. Nat then shook it away before holding onto the bottom of the seat. "Alright ready." she told him.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Roarin wrote:After surveying the park for a few minutes it was clear Reno or Iudex's owner wasn't here.
"Hmm... Doesn't look like their here... You guys think we should move on, or wait and see if they come around?"
"We should probably stay." Iudex said as he padded up to Trigger, clinging to his sunshade, "If Master is also searching for Iudex, moving about would only serve to lessen the chances of him actually finding him." The cat sighed wish a swishing tail
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno looked back "Hold onto me, its safer that way trust me, I hit a hill or a bump, even with you holding on to the seat, you'll go flying off, and I can't have that.... You're a friend... and I don't like it when my friends get hurt... I've already lost too much, I'm gonna hold on to the rest with all I have" he smiled a bit, before turning his attention back forward
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

D-Singer wrote:[“Yes.” Plamen’s question was also answered by Raeon, who was approaching him again with various sterile adhesives to close some of the many wounds which covered his patient. “Don’t ask how or why, because I do not know.” The vet proceeded to carefully work on some of the more serious lacerations on Plamen’s body, which by now he had verified were in fact inflicted by the teeth of another animal. With gentle precision, Raeon used a small razor to trim away tiny patches of fur around the injuries to expose skin for the adhesives to stick to.

“Not that there’s a need for explanation. He isn’t here to harm anyone, and he’s willing to help me heal you. That’s all that is relevant to either of us.” Or the pets waiting patiently outside for that matter...
Tom didn't say anything, just kept working solemnly...

----
Zaya struggled slightly with giving an answer that was neither a lie, or would serve to terrify Scratch any further.

“I...I’m not sure...” It was an honest reply, but it wasn’t very assuring. Right now that Scarecrow wasn’t even in the room, but Zaya knew Dr. Raeon was going to want to help Scratch by herself, alone, and with the very thing that had served to scare her to the point of crying...

She couldn’t let that happen. It would be almost no different than cornering an already injured and terrified animal. There was no telling how disastrous the outcome would be, especially considering Scratch was a raccoon. Zaya was probably the only solace she could find in the situation, the only one she knew and trusted to any minor degree.

With that in mind, the Borzoi was going to make sure Raeon understood that when he finished helping Plamen. She continued to hold Scratch in a close hug in a way a mother would to their frightened child, but also silently looking over to Skya. Trying to wordlessly convey a request to help...
Scratch sighed, her breathing calming down, "I... I'm fine... I'm not so... scared... now that that thing isn't here..." She kept into the hug for a moment before puling away, glancing around, "So... You've never seen that thing before?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"I uh-" Nat stammered, blushing more. "Ummmmm well if you say so." she said before wrapping her arms around his waist. The cat was still blushing but it seemed to go away as she got more accustomed to it. She then seemed to shirk back in surprise slightly as he called her his friend even though they had just met moments ago.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Esper wrote:
Roarin wrote:After surveying the park for a few minutes it was clear Reno or Iudex's owner wasn't here.
"We should probably stay." Iudex said as he padded up to Trigger, clinging to his sunshade, "If Master is also searching for Iudex, moving about would only serve to lessen the chances of him actually finding him." The cat sighed with a swishing tail.
Izarc looked up from his phone to see Iudex and Trigger in front of him.

"I agree with that.." He adds simply, looking back to his phone..

~

Katrina reads the text on her phone.

"Oh.. Iz?" She mutters, quickly typing a reply.

"Ok. Want you home ASAP. Bring your 'friend' if need. K~xx"

~

Izarc's phone bleeps as the text arrives. He reads it..

"Trigger, what do ASAP mean?" Izarc asks, still staring at the text.
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno chuckled as he drove out of the parking lot and into the street "I know we just met, but you are helping me find someone important to me, which means alot, and you just seem like a nice cat in general" he smiled a bit, he seemed alot calmer now, the high speed, the open streets, everything was going to be ok, he would find Iudex...
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

She blushed at the comment. Nat wasn't used to such things since she spent a lot of time with her brother since moving to the city. "Oh um thanks." she replied, managing a smile.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"ASAP? Err... I think that means. As Soon As Possible, in present day lingo.".
He looked curiously in the cat's direction.
"Why do you ask?"

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno smiled softly, he luckily remembered the directions to the park, but it was a good ways away from the hotel, and now that his head was clearing up his senses started coming back to him, he found Iudex's scent, which was luckinly in the same direction, but, there was also a source of it close to him. Among all the other senses, he felt that ominous prescence, again, like something was watching his every single move "Hey... You ever get the feeling someone is watching you intensely?" he asked Nat, trying his best to stay focused on the road
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

She seemed to shiver slightly at the question before nodding reluctantly. "Well actually, yes and no." she said halfheartedly, like she really didn't want to admit it.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno pauses slightly "D-Do you by any chance... have that feeling `inow`i..." he asked, making a sharp turn to the right, keeping their balance, making sure to counter balance Nat's "Because I sorta have that feeling right now...And it isn't really setting well with me anymore... I have had that feeling since this morning..." he looked straight forward, yet he seemed to be looking for something at the same time
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Ummmmmmmm," she thought about it. "Not at this moment no." she said, her lie pretty believable.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Roarin wrote:"ASAP? Err... I think that means As Soon As Possible, in present day lingo.."
He looked curiously in the cat's direction.
"Why do you ask?"
Izarc thought about this for a second, deliberating on if he should tell the truth, then spoke.

"I, uh.. Got text from provider that I could get free calls ASAP.." He said calmly as posible. "Nothing true of importance.."

He then looked up at Trigger to make it look beliveable.. And as he looked up, he deleted the message from Katrina and put his phone into his collar.

"So shall we find place to wait for Iudex's master?"
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex stood quietly behind the other cat, watching the exchange between Trigger and Izarc, but he cracked a grin at Izarc's lie, having seen the original text message.

"Perhaps we should wait in the shade..." The cat sighed, thumbing the shredded remains if his collar on his neck, "The sun is a tad bit bright." Iudex concluded
~~~
Lucius found that he had waited for long enough after Reno drove off and began to stroll down the street, "To the parks it is then." He whistled into the wind. The man was truly a master at hiding his feeling, so far he'd cycled through anger, despair, and fear several times without losing face, "Surely he will turn up."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

[quote="Esper"]Iudex stood quietly behind the other cat, watching the exchange between Trigger and Izarc, but he cracked a grin at Izarc's lie, having seen the original text message.

"Perhaps we should wait in the shade..." The cat sighed, thumbing the shredded remains if his collar on his neck, "The sun is a tad bit bright." Iudex concluded
[quote]

Izarc jumped slightly when Iudex spoke, not noticing that he went behind him.
"R-right, shade.." Izarc Agreed, looking up and down Iudex, then around the park. "There, bench under big tree over there.." He mentioned, pointing to a large tree towards the middle of the park, a bench sat close to it's trunk. "We can see whole park there too.." Izarc adds, as he starts walking toward it.
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nodded and sighed "Start being a bit more honest... at least around me okay..." they finally came to a stop, parking his bike across the street from the park, just outside the pet shop he worked at. He stepped off and poked his head into the door "Heeey, Ian, bud, could you watch my bike, I am at the park if anything happens, thanks, bye" he said in a bit of a rush before walking out and doing a bit of a fast walk to the park
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"O...kay?". The dog raised an eyebrow, but said nothing more as he followed behind the other two. When they got to the bench Trigger looked around. He was right. You could see the whole park from this vantage point.

Ref Ref!
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Uhhh yeah sorry." blushed hte cat before getting off and following him. She did feel a bit off but it didn't matter much since she always had that feeling for some reason.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno sighed a bit, the park was just as reassuring as the ride there, he could think clearly, and was already narrowing down the places Iudex would go, but he quickly tossed that aside after looking under the shade of a large tree "I-Iudex!" he called, what emotion was behind it was just as unclear as his voice made it, but surely most of it was joy
Pet Friendly:
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Roarin wrote:"O...kay?". The dog raised an eyebrow, but said nothing more as he followed behind the other two. When they got to the bench Trigger looked around. He was right. You could see the whole park from this vantage point.
Izarc simply nodded.

"Yeah.." The russian said, looking around. He was just about to sit down on the bench when he heard a faint shout.
WolvenPaw15 wrote:"I-Iudex!"
"Listen, who that?" Izarc mentioned, holding a paw up..
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Still standing, Iudex turned languidly towards the noise, then grinned again, "Hello, Reno." Iudex called back, stepping to the edges of the tree's shadow and waving, still fidgeting with his shredded collar, the only sign of nervousness the cat let show, "Please, come over!"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno walked, which turned more into a jog, quickly getting to Iudex "Where did you go... I was so worried about you ya know... I... I'm not supposed to be movingand.... I... What happend... in the alleyway? I... I was electrocuted... You... You weren't there when I came to... I was terrified...Lost... Lets go to your place Iudex... Lucius is looking for you... That man is so worried about you... " he then turned to Trigger Sorry about earlier... My phone died... But I guess you figured out what I was trying to say... Thank you for finding Iudex..." he looked to Izarc "And thank you as well... It is a pleasure to meet you..." he bowed to them both in respect
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Nat jogged birskly after Reno as he was reunited with Iudex and she smiled happily at the two of them. She didn't say a word and simply let Reno have his fun. The odd presence must have still followed them though and was still there even now.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Izarc smiled slightly as Reno and Iudex were reunited, then nodded and bowed a little when Reno adressed him and Trigger.

"Pleasure to meet you" He said as pleasantly as he could to Reno. Izarc then glanced behind Reno to Nat. "Who is friend?"
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno tilted his head towards Nat "Guys, this is Nat, she kinda helped me keep my cool, and I really appreciate her..." he looked to her and gave her a smile, some of the nervousness still behind it, and they probably shared that in common, they had to get out of the open "Hey, you guys want to come to my place to get to know one another more, we were kinda cut short last time Trigger... And All you really know is my sadness... I don't want that.... So what do you guys say?" he shifted a bit
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger grinned. "You found us."
"And, sure. I don't have any important plans in the near future (not that I ever do.).".
He then turned his attention to the cat.
"Anyone who helps Reno out is a friend of mine.". He said with a smile. He stuck out an open hand.
"It's nice to meet you Nat."

Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Izarc stared kindly at Nat for a moment before speaking again.

"Y-yes, I would not mind going with you.." He answered Reno, shaking himself out of his strange daze. "Oh, is you abode near 'Eros Building'? That where I reside.." He added, thinking of Katrina's text.
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nodded "Yes... I live in the hotel across from it, in one of the two bedroom suites... " he smiled "I live on my own, so having guests is no issue, though alot of people on my hall find it strange, and various rumors have spread, some are little things, some are vicious... none of them last very long"
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex retained his smile and turned to Nat, bowing, "A pleasure to meet you, my Lady." He spoke mildly before turning on his heel to Reno again, "Yes, we should all retire to Reno's home, it will be nice." Iudex said to the group in a quiet voice, "Iudex will explain then." The cat continued, only to Reno
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nodded, mouthing words to Iudex "Stay close, its not safe" he said before looking to the others "Well, We have to go across the street to get my bike, then we will head to my place..." he smiled, he hoped most of the people here had realized by now that this city wasn't exactlly... normal... he had lived there a long time, yet he couldn't bring himself to leave, its as if something pulled him back every time he remotely approached the city limits
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Nat smiled and nodded. "Nice to meet all of you as well." she said happily. As Iudex greeted her though she took a small step back for some reason but she passed it off as nothign special. "Oh yeah sure, I'll come." she then said.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
D-Singer wrote:[“Yes.” Plamen’s question was also answered by Raeon, who was approaching him again with various sterile adhesives to close some of the many wounds which covered his patient. “Don’t ask how or why, because I do not know.” The vet proceeded to carefully work on some of the more serious lacerations on Plamen’s body, which by now he had verified were in fact inflicted by the teeth of another animal. With gentle precision, Raeon used a small razor to trim away tiny patches of fur around the injuries to expose skin for the adhesives to stick to.

“Not that there’s a need for explanation. He isn’t here to harm anyone, and he’s willing to help me heal you. That’s all that is relevant to either of us.” Or the pets waiting patiently outside for that matter...
Tom didn't say anything, just kept working solemnly...
"Alright, alright!" Plamen said. If he wasn't as injured as he was now (and patched because of that), he would've his arms raised. "I am a former stray, I've seen some things and heard of others." the GSD glanced down, then grinned at the doctor and Tom "Just make sure those won't leave a permanent mark. I kinda pride myself with my fur."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters