Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Burgonet »

anyone else here played Metro 2033?
rolling like its the 1600s
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Metro was a great game man!

Also, Aaron, I have played most of Spec Ops before, and wasn't uncomfortable about fighting US soldiers in a wok of fiction, the only reason I never finished it was really for how it controlled, it was so lose I just couldn't stand it, but maybe that's me.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I've been playing Borderlands 2 like non-stop the last couple days. I feel like either I'm reeeeeeaaally bad at it, or the boss-type enemies were NOT balanced with Single-Player in mind. I've only had it for 2 days and I've been raging at how difficult the boss encounters are for probably half of that. XD

Also, Tiny Tina is officially my favorite cartoon/video game character of all time.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

KJOokami wrote:I've been playing Borderlands 2 like non-stop the last couple days. I feel like either I'm reeeeeeaaally bad at it, or the boss-type enemies were NOT balanced with Single-Player in mind. I've only had it for 2 days and I've been raging at how difficult the boss encounters are for probably half of that. XD

Also, Tiny Tina is officially my favorite cartoon/video game character of all time.
Friend me and i'll join you when i can :D

Also, anyone here play Animal Crossing - City Folk for the Wii? My sis wants to find someone that plays it so she can visit other people's cities and get some gifts =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

KJOokami wrote:I've been playing Borderlands 2 like non-stop the last couple days. I feel like either I'm reeeeeeaaally bad at it, or the boss-type enemies were NOT balanced with Single-Player in mind. I've only had it for 2 days and I've been raging at how difficult the boss encounters are for probably half of that. XD

Better guns and fight smartly :P

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

GameCobra wrote:Friend me and i'll join you when i can :D
Do you play on PS3? If so, I'll totally add you. :) Just PM me your name or send me a request (I'm KJKitsune on PSN).
Echofireant wrote:Better guns and fight smartly :P
I try to play smartly! ;__;

I'm a sniper, so I can't really just charge into encounters, guns blazing. But a lot of these encounters just have so much going on at one time that I can't help but feel like they designed it with multiple players in mind. A lot of them just have certain attacks that completely obliterate you no matter how much health/shields you've got, and they tend to be nigh impossible to dodge unless you're sprinting and jumping away, which leaves you no time to actually attack the boss.

I dunno. Like I said, maybe I'm just bad at the game; it's certainly a possibility.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

KJOokami wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Friend me and i'll join you when i can :D
Do you play on PS3? If so, I'll totally add you. :) Just PM me your name or send me a request (I'm KJKitsune on PSN).
Echofireant wrote:Better guns and fight smartly :P
I try to play smartly! ;__;

I'm a sniper, so I can't really just charge into encounters, guns blazing. But a lot of these encounters just have so much going on at one time that I can't help but feel like they designed it with multiple players in mind. A lot of them just have certain attacks that completely obliterate you no matter how much health/shields you've got, and they tend to be nigh impossible to dodge unless you're sprinting and jumping away, which leaves you no time to actually attack the boss.

I dunno. Like I said, maybe I'm just bad at the game; it's certainly a possibility.
Well, of course Borderlands was designed for multiplayer.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

I just got the second game in the Legend of Spyro series, "The Eternal Night".

While its so far not anywhere near as good as the first LoS game "A New Beginning", its still very enjoyable to play, and I'm only a little of the ways through the game, so maybe it will surprise me :)

My Arguments thus far:
- The gameplay isn't as smooth, and has a few glitches
- The attacks are harder to use then in the first game, and just feel foreign.
- The camera is very slow to turn, and doesn't focus behind Spyro when I want it to.

My likes thus far:
- The story still seems pretty good, as it continues where the first game left off. Though I have a couple arguments about the screenplay.
- Sparx new voice took some getting used to, but Its still really good.
- They kept the in-game models from the first game, so everything stays familiar. (I love the expression they put on those!)
- Despite the gameplay errors, it still plays a lot like the first game. So again, very familiar.

Also, before anyone asks, I almost never play new games anymore, I'm always buying older games for older systems. I still find the older games to be the most fun! :mrgreen:
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

TinFoilHats wrote:I'm currently looking for a copy of EarthBound on Ebay. If anyone here on the forums has a copy they don't have anymore....
... Can I have it... please?
That game is a little too expensive for that kind of charity. If you are looking for a way to play it legally, you can do so by just importing Mother 1+2 for the Gameboy Advance . The GBA is region free, so you could pop it in and play it, even if all the text is in Japanese. This also lets you legally emulate the game and play it with the English patch.

If you just want it for your collection of physical carts, then all I can say is good luck! The cart isn't all too rare, but collectors hoard it and most owners are now aware of the value.
TheMobian wrote:I just got the second game in the Legend of Spyro series, "The Eternal Night".
How are the Spyro games that were produced by Universal? The original trilogy developed by Insomniac were some of my favorite games as a kid, but I hear only bad things about all the games that came after. The latest game, Skylanders, seems to be getting glowing praise though, so I'm glad they managed to turn the IP around. I'd give that game a try, but I'm afraid I'd end up collecting the little figurines. The last thing I need is more things to collect.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Esquire Fox wrote:
TheMobian wrote:I just got the second game in the Legend of Spyro series, "The Eternal Night".
How are the Spyro games that were produced by Universal? The original trilogy developed by Insomniac were some of my favorite games as a kid, but I hear only bad things about all the games that came after. The latest game, Skylanders, seems to be getting glowing praise though, so I'm glad they managed to turn the IP around. I'd give that game a try, but I'm afraid I'd end up collecting the little figurines. The last thing I need is more things to collect.
I only have good things to say about "The Legend of Spyro: A New Biginning", It was an all out stunning game and remains one of the all time best I've ever played, EVER! The melee gameplay was so smooth and easy to use, the abilities were awesome and again, easy to use. The story was not only extremely funny (Thanks to Sparx), but very dark and engaging. The whole time I was playing the game it felt like I was watching an epic movie.

After the awesomeness that is the first game, I can't say much. I've only played a little ways into the second game (as I've stated above). And Its to early for me to decide one way or the other how good it is. Though I can say that so far it hash't been as good as "A New Beginning" was.
I've never played the third game in the Legend of Spyro series "Dawn of the Dragon", but from the bits I have seen, It looks pretty epic, and I know the series ends off on an epic high note story wise. So I'd say the whole trilogy is worth a purchase.

As for skylanders... eh... I have no doubt its a fun game, but I don't usually buy games for the fun gameplay. I buy them for the story they present, and from what I've heard, Skylanders' story isn't very good. So I've pretty much skipped over that series.
I also don't want to spend tons of money on action figures and so-forth...
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Hey, can you guys help me, a friend gifted my a game on Steam that I know nothing about. It's Dragon Age: Origins (the unlimited edition.) Can anyone tell me about this game and if it's good or not lol.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Wikipedia states that it got very good ratings, most of them being 9/10, however I personally did not have much fun with it. ^^;
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Thanks Wolverine for the interesting response. I kinda expected more emotion due to whom you were fighting. A Shane you didn't play 'til the end though, the plot twist was really good. Gotta admit, the gameplay wasn't the bes...I dislike cover based shooters in general though.

Also, I really enjoyed the new Spyro trilogy. The way Spyro earned his powers annoyed me in the first and second one though. The second game, I only played a little of, disliking it from the start. I never liked Sparx in any if the games though, curiously. Spyro played by Frodo Baggins (can't remember the actor's name, something Wood) and the fire dragon played by Gary Oldman was amazing, and kept me entertained.

The third game I enjoyed the most though. Having a new character to play with 4 unique powers saved it from being dull in my eyes. The story was pretty weak in it though, and Hunter's new character for was...meh for me. Since you can fly, levels are quite big, which is good news (the icy level in a new beginning was amazing though). I thought I'd hate how you fly, but it was pretty much like hothering really, there was still platforming involved from time to time ( :) )

Dragon age origins is incredible. Think mass effect in fantasy land, but you're not limited to obvious good and obvious bad choices. The battle system isn't too impressive though, but it's not bad at all. Don't buy the game exoecting super fun battles. Expect in depth interaction with your allies, and an amazing story. Also, there's 6 different starting quesa depending on what race an class you choose. This effects your entire game (the quest, although class and race too). If you're an elf, you're looked down on by all. If you're a noble human it drawf, some ripple may know you before you say your name. No matter what, you always go back to your starting area at some point, but as a much more important warrior. Warning, the game has sex in it, but you can avoid that if you don't want to enter a relationship with anybody in your party. (I accidently entered a gay relationship with the elf without realising...awkward...). Super fun game, though check some reviews if you want anything different than my rambling :)
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

GameCobra wrote:

Friend me and i'll join you when i can :D

Also, anyone here play Animal Crossing - City Folk for the Wii? My sis wants to find someone that plays it so she can visit other people's cities and get some gifts =3
I do, but it's my older sisters game and I'm hardly ever online.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

44R0NM10 wrote:Thanks Wolverine for the interesting response. I kinda expected more emotion due to whom you were fighting. A Shane you didn't play 'til the end though, the plot twist was really good. Gotta admit, the gameplay wasn't the bes...I dislike cover based shooters in general though.
Yeah, I'm a bit tired of cover based shooters, mostly, some I like a lot, but yeah, I'm not a patriot in any way, shape, or form, so that might have something to do with it.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Burgonet

Post by Burgonet »

yesterday i decided to get the Victoria II Complete pack (smth like that) on Steam. its a great game, except for one major problem

not being able to play the game, i'm able to play Revolutions, but not regular Victoria. but other than that its a great game, very in-depth, difficult, but fun
rolling like its the 1600s
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

If there's anyone here who owns an Xbox 360 or PS3 and doesn't buy a copy of Anarchy Reigns on Jan 8th then you officially hate fun.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dubiousity wrote:If there's anyone here who owns an Xbox 360 or PS3 and doesn't buy a copy of Anarchy Reigns on Jan 8th then you officially hate fun.
What's it like?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Stupid and Boring

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Hey guys, how is Pikman 2 for the Wii? I'm thinking of buying a used copy.

Second question: Are the controls for the PS2 version of Okami cleaner and sharper than the Wii version? I'm thinking of trading in my Wii copy, because I think I would have a better time with the PS2 version.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Beagle wrote:Hey guys, how is Pikman 2 for the Wii? I'm thinking of buying a used copy.

Second question: Are the controls for the PS2 version of Okami cleaner and sharper than the Wii version? I'm thinking of trading in my Wii copy, because I think I would have a better time with the PS2 version.
Pikmin 2 is a great game, though I can't speak for the Wii version. If you can, try to get the Gamecube version so you can play it the way it was meant to be played.

The Wii controls for Okami are a little choppy, aren't they? I played through the game twice on the Wii and I forgave all the little control quirks that came along with it. However, I recently played the newly released Okami HD on the PS3 using the PS3 controller. While painting with the brush is much slower, it is a whole lot more accurate, especially for the special brush techniques. For the first time, I was also able to play using a Glaive, which are completely uncontrollable on the Wii. I'd say playing using the Dualshock controller offers the superior experience.

On a side note, I hope you already have a copy of Okamiden. Ever since Okami HD was released on PSN, the price of the DS sequel has skyrocketed. Hopefully this means the PS3 HD remake brought a lot of attention to the series and lined Capcom's pockets with all the money they need to fund a true console sequel.
- Esquire Fox

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Esquire Fox wrote:
Beagle wrote:Hey guys, how is Pikman 2 for the Wii? I'm thinking of buying a used copy.

Pikmin 2 is a great game, though I can't speak for the Wii version. If you can, try to get the Gamecube version so you can play it the way it was meant to be played.

The Wii controls for Okami are a little choppy, aren't they? I played through the game twice on the Wii and I forgave all the little control quirks that came along with it. However, I recently played the newly released Okami HD on the PS3 using the PS3 controller. While painting with the brush is much slower, it is a whole lot more accurate, especially for the special brush techniques. For the first time, I was also able to play using a Glaive, which are completely uncontrollable on the Wii. I'd say playing using the Dualshock controller offers the superior experience.

On a side note, I hope you already have a copy of Okamiden. Ever since Okami HD was released on PSN, the price of the DS sequel has skyrocketed. Hopefully this means the PS3 HD remake brought a lot of attention to the series and lined Capcom's pockets with all the money they need to fund a true console sequel.
Unfortunately, I wasn't paying close enough attention when I bought my Wii, so I bought the special edition black Wii that doesn't have GameCube compatibility. Trust me, I wish I was able to play Wind Waker and Gale of Darkness.

I'm going to keep my copy of Okami until I can find a PS2 version. I think Okami is better as a console game, so I don't really have an itching for the DS version either.

I looked up some screen shots of Pikman 2 and read through the gameplay. Not exactly what I was hoping for. I'm all over RPGs in a three-dimensional universe with a captivating story line. Pikman 2 doesn't seem to have a very good story line, and so I know I would lose interest with it just like I did with Final Fantasy XII for the PS2.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The DS Okami is a sequel. The touch screen makes the brush strokes easier but the game is so graphically beautiful I feel like it's more fitting for a console (or at least the 3DS, which is powerful enough to display roughly PS2-level graphics).
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sometimes i wish the consoles had something like the DS for games like Okami =P

My sister bought me the Kirby Dream collection: Special ADdition. Have yet to play it, but I didn't even know it existed. contains according to the case on it six of the classic titles (Kirby Super Star <3), Kirby 64, Dream Land 1,2 & 3, Adventures Also some bonus games and a CD with the soundtrack and art book. Finally, Kirby's History. which contains Riby: Right Back At Ya.

Never played Kirby much, but this was a awesome Birthday present from my sis. can't wait to play it <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

GameCobra wrote:Sometimes i wish the consoles had something like the DS for games like Okami =P
Beagle wrote:Unfortunately, I wasn't paying close enough attention when I bought my Wii, so I bought the special edition black Wii that doesn't have GameCube compatibility. Trust me, I wish I was able to play Wind Waker and Gale of Darkness.

I'm going to keep my copy of Okami until I can find a PS2 version. I think Okami is better as a console game, so I don't really have an itching for the DS version either.

I looked up some screen shots of Pikman 2 and read through the gameplay. Not exactly what I was hoping for. I'm all over RPGs in a three-dimensional universe with a captivating story line. Pikman 2 doesn't seem to have a very good story line, and so I know I would lose interest with it just like I did with Final Fantasy XII for the PS2.
I thought the baby blue Wii and the new Wii Mini were the only variations that didn't support Gamecube. Well then, I have TONS of Gamecube consoles if you want one. I can't supply any games, but it would at least provide you with the platform needed to play them.

You like gigantic 3D Open-world RPGs with emotionally impacting stories eh? I'd recommend checking out the 'Tales of' series. Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube, Tales of the Abyss for the PS2, Tales of Graces for PS3, Tales of Vesperia for the Xbox 360. For further enjoyment, check out Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. It was one of the absolute best games released in 2012, for any system let alone the Wii. You won't be disappointed.

I have extra copies of Okami on the PS2 if you want to borrow one. I keep them around so I can introduce the game to anyone who hasn't heard of it or is looking to play it.
- Esquire Fox

Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

We recently got a Gamecube at a garage sale with Metroid Prime. Still have yet to see if it works but I don't think I'll be getting any other games for it any time soon. For some reason, on eBay at least, they're still obscenely expensive!
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

@Esquire Fox
Nope, the black Wii that was bundled with Skyward Sword and the Wii MotionPlus remote doesn't have backwards compatibility. And I would only let you give me a GameCube if you would let me get you some of your paper. :P *shot* No, really, let me think about that. I would feel kind of terrible accepting that without doing something for you in return.

I've been trying to find a copy of Tales of the Abyss, and the one time Gamestop had it in stock, someone bought it right before I got paid. XD

I was looking into the Xenoblade Chronicles, actually. I'm pretty sure my friend owns it, or has at least rented it from Gamefly.

Let me, you know, get January and my birthday party event things squared away first. I wouldn't want it collecting dust on my shelf for the next month and a half.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's really dumb that it doesn't have Gamecube backwards compatibility. Don't they sell some Gamecube games specifically for the Wii now? Maybe it was a shady move to sell more of those?
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

It was probably one of Walmart's Black Friday bundles. To keep prices low, the Gamecube functionality was removed entirely. From a business perspective, the Gamecube has been out of production for over 6 years now and you can't even get the games from any retail chain. It makes sense that Nintendo sees this a function worth cutting to lower cost.

I am serious about my offer though Beagle. I have over 10 Gamecube systems stored away from purchases I made to get at specific games. It really wouldn't mind letting go of one of them.
- Esquire Fox

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Esquire Fox wrote:It was probably one of Walmart's Target's Black Friday bundles. To keep prices low, the Gamecube functionality was removed entirely. From a business perspective, the Gamecube has been out of production for over 6 years now and you can't even get the games from any retail chain. It makes sense that Nintendo sees this a function worth cutting to lower cost.

I am serious about my offer though Beagle. I have over 10 Gamecube systems stored away from purchases I made to get at specific games. It really wouldn't mind letting go of one of them.
And I'm serious about what I said too. :P If you're kind enough to give me a GameCube, you can at least let me do something nice for you in return. Your birthday is coming up anyway, so I'll think of something!

Since this /is/ the video game thread, I forgot to mention this the other day: Sunday, while I was at work, a guy who fit the stereotype of a "gamer" was sitting outside of the woman's fitting room, waiting for his girlfriend to finish her shopping. If I had had more time, I would have stopped to ask him what he was playing. XD
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Nyaliva wrote:We recently got a Gamecube at a garage sale with Metroid Prime. Still have yet to see if it works but I don't think I'll be getting any other games for it any time soon. For some reason, on eBay at least, they're still obscenely expensive!
Metroid Prime. That's one of the best games I've ever played... by a large margin.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Super Mario Sunshine is one of my recommendations!
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Yeah, I've heard they're two of the best games on Gamecube, if you ignore the Mario fanboys saying Sunshine isn't a real Mario game. I also wouldn't mind Luigi's Mansion, although it seems to have the same problem as Sunshine.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

It is surprising how much Gamecube games have risen in value.
Games that were worthless a few years ago are now suddenly very expensive.

They're supposedly going to be re-releasing Gamecube games for the Wii U virtual console.
That may lower prices some, but there will always be people who want a physical copy.
There will also be no way to play these games with the Gamecube controller on the Wii U.

Perhaps this sudden rise in popularity is a sign that Gamecube games have finally become nostalgic.
- Esquire Fox

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Well, Gamecube games are certainly nostalgic for me, considering I first got mine over a decade ago now. Not to mention all four of my years in high school were practically defined, gaming-wise, by Super Smash Bros. Melee after school with friends.

Which is why I'm glad that even though I haven't broken them out in a while, I still have my Gamecube and all of the games I ever had for it (which isn't that many, really, but still). [Checking now, it seems my Mario Party 4 disc isn't in the case that I've got all my other games in, so I'm gonna have to tear apart my room sometime soon to see if I can find that.]
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Nyaliva wrote:Yeah, I've heard they're two of the best games on Gamecube, if you ignore the Mario fanboys saying Sunshine isn't a real Mario game. I also wouldn't mind Luigi's Mansion, although it seems to have the same problem as Sunshine.
Luigi's Mansion is excellent, although it's not a very long game. I'm looking forward to the 3DS sequel. Hopefully they didn't bungle it as bad as the 3DS Paper Mario sequel.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:
Nyaliva wrote:Yeah, I've heard they're two of the best games on Gamecube, if you ignore the Mario fanboys saying Sunshine isn't a real Mario game. I also wouldn't mind Luigi's Mansion, although it seems to have the same problem as Sunshine.
Luigi's Mansion is excellent, although it's not a very long game. I'm looking forward to the 3DS sequel. Hopefully they didn't bungle it as bad as the 3DS Paper Mario sequel.
Luigi's Mansion was pretty great, BUT it was too short, as Sleet said, and the controls really were kind of sticky.
(And pressing the c-stick down to aim the vacuum up irritates me). And I'm glad I didn't play Sticker Star--it seems to be a bit of a disappointment.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey, some of us like inverted controls! If anything can be said about Luigi's Mansion's length, it makes it good for multiple plays. Not to mention one-day speed run races. I got together with like 6 other friends to play Luigi's Mansion simultaneously in the same room. Everyone's final time was taken, and then they had time subtracted for how much money they ended with. Good times.

Super Paper Mario, despite its gameplay flaws, at least had really funny writing and good characters. Sticker Star had an excuse plot to the core. There was very little writing and very few characters. I feel like the turn-based RPG battles with action commands, the badge system, and the humor are defining elements of Paper Mario and they've all been gotten rid of since The Thousand Year Door. The whole "everything you do is an item" system made me sad, too. It completely ruins the element of collection and advancement. If you find an awesome badge in Paper Mario, it's yours and you should be excited. If you find a Flashy Infinijump sticker, you can use it once and it's gone (and you can one-shot just about any boss if you have rhythm).
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Sleet wrote:Hey, some of us like inverted controls! If anything can be said about Luigi's Mansion's length, it makes it good for multiple plays. Not to mention one-day speed run races. I got together with like 6 other friends to play Luigi's Mansion simultaneously in the same room. Everyone's final time was taken, and then they had time subtracted for how much money they ended with. Good times.

Super Paper Mario, despite its gameplay flaws, at least had really funny writing and good characters. Sticker Star had an excuse plot to the core. There was very little writing and very few characters. I feel like the turn-based RPG battles with action commands, the badge system, and the humor are defining elements of Paper Mario and they've all been gotten rid of since The Thousand Year Door. The whole "everything you do is an item" system made me sad, too. It completely ruins the element of collection and advancement. If you find an awesome badge in Paper Mario, it's yours and you should be excited. If you find a Flashy Infinijump sticker, you can use it once and it's gone (and you can one-shot just about any boss if you have rhythm).
When it comes to inverted controls, I really only prefer them in flying games.
As for Luigi's mansion, I'm not sure if your talking about the original or the second game, but I have the original and I must say I played that game to death. I also didn't find it to be all that short either, it took me a little while to beat it anyways.
I've never played the new Paper Mario game, but I have it for the Wii, so I'll probably sit down and play it at some point. I do have The Thousand Year door however, and can say that I've played that one to death as well. I loved everything about the controls, the gameplay, and the story. Just an overall wonderful game. :)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The first two Paper Mario games were fantastic. I didn't like how the partners worked as much in TTYD but generally both games had so little wrong with them it's not funny.

Super Paper Mario is worth playing for the humor and little else, in my opinion.