Fanfiction Adoption Center

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

JageshemashFTW

Fanfiction Adoption Center

Post by JageshemashFTW »

You ever had a great idea for a fanfic but lacked the time or talent to actually do it justice (or if your just too lazy to do it yourself). Well, that's what this is for. It's simple: write up a brief summary of whatever your idea for a fic is. If you like something you see, ask whoever posted it if you can write it. Like I said, some people just don't have time, some might have a problem with procrastination, some are just too lazy to do it. But if you have a great idea. This can be a safe haven for them until someone decides to adopt it. You could even put in stories you've already started but for whatever reason can't continue it yourself but don't want to see it end.
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Fanfiction Adoption Center

Post by copper »

This sort of thing has come up before, and never did well. I suppose we shall see how this one goes. Also, there is always the Wild Mass Guessing thread.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
valerio

Post by valerio »

inn-triguing. This is just the kind of place I could use to implement my ficcie if someone wanted to see their ideas applied somewhere.
Can't wait to see what you guys got to offer...
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

copper wrote:This sort of thing has come up before, and never did well. I suppose we shall see how this one goes. Also, there is always the Wild Mass Guessing thread.
Really? Why didn't it go well?
Gren

Post by Gren »

It's a good idea, but the only flaw I see it is that if you post your ideas here, then not only the interested author is going to see it, everyone going to see it, so isn't that the same as spoilers?

In my case, I could never write a good fiction because my English is very poorly, I'm not in conditions to write a descent story to read, even if I have good ideas. However, if there people interested in write a fiction and want ideas I'll be happy to help them. :D
ImageImage
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

Gren wrote:It's a good idea, but the only flaw I see it is that if you post your ideas here, then not only the interested author is going to see it, everyone going to see it, so isn't that the same as spoilers?

In my case, I could never write a good fiction because my English is very poorly, I'm not in conditions to write a descent story to read, even if I have good ideas. However, if there people interested in write a fiction and want ideas I'll be happy to help them. :D
Well like I said: You would just have to put a bit of a summary. Like a pitch. You wouldn't be giving the whole story just the basics. I realize this has the flaw of their being the possibility of whoever does adopt your story idea wouldn't necessarily write it exactly as you would have but that's to be expected. Once you are giving someone else the reins to your story, you have to expect they will have their own take on it.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

....okay, I saw this, and on the off chance someone likes it, here it is:

a year into the future, with King, now Joel again, writing a letter to Fox, finally telling him who he REALLY is and what REALLY happened to Kingwhile the decision of what HAPPENED to the King body is up to you, it would nice if Pete simply killed off the King body, like having him push Fox out of the way of a speeding truck....this is how you do something like this...right :?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

JageshemashFTW wrote:
copper wrote:This sort of thing has come up before, and never did well. I suppose we shall see how this one goes. Also, there is always the Wild Mass Guessing thread.
Really? Why didn't it go well?
My guess as to why it's never done well is that most of the people who want to write fan-fics here already do.

As far as the size of this forum goes, it's not extremely large. Plus the amount people who actually come here to this specific section of the forum is even smaller. If you come here, it's usually for one of two reasons.
1. You want to read a fan-fic.
2. You are writing a fan-fic and want to post it.

Not that this isn't a good idea, but with as small an amount of people that actually come here, I just don't see you reaching a large enough audience to find that one person, who has the time and commitment, and likes your idea enough to write it.

But I could be wrong and this thread ends up doing really well. I haven't studied these kinds of things and my logic could be way off.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Howbout this one:
Laika somehow survives abandonment in space, gets through orbit and re-entry, and lands in the Housepets! universe. After collecting herself and meeting a critter or two, the story opens up to suggestions from readers like those MS Paint Adventures comics.

Does she fight the system or look to rejoin it, make friends or enemies, find some purpose after such an ordeal?
Make it happen and I'll probably do some fanart for it. :)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

DingoVolf wrote:Howbout this one:
Laika somehow survives abandonment in space, gets through orbit and re-entry, and lands in the Housepets! universe. After collecting herself and meeting a critter or two, the story opens up to suggestions from readers like those MS Paint Adventures comics.

Does she fight the system or look to rejoin it, make friends or enemies, find some purpose after such an ordeal?
Make it happen and I'll probably do some fanart for it. :)

The original Laika was never meant to survive. She was sent up to see what space conditions did on the body..... maybe a Cosmic being plucks her out of the capsule before death and sends her to modern day Babylon Gardens? That would be fairly interesting to see...

Heh, sorry if I went too far in my suggestions.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Anyone acknowledge the Total Drama crossover idea? Then again, it's way too complex to construct.

How about a simple one-shot involving a laser pointer? Or a seeing-eye dog?
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

kavviyenta wrote:Total Drama crossover idea?
I still think if you had the ability to organize the entire thing, you could have a bunch of different writers write each part as long as you gave the gist of what happens and who ends up getting voted out for each one.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And Pete has to be in the role of Chris.