Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1012
Location: Poznań (Poland)
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
It's probably the best thing I could wish for Christmas! Great work Rick! :D

_________________
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club


Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:23 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Singing Fortepiano
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
That raised leg xD

_________________
2+2=22
Image


Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:55 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14153
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
no raised leg. He was still kneeling, seen from behind.

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I can't wait for the marriage ceremony.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:12 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15428
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
valerio wrote:
no raised leg. He was still kneeling, seen from behind.
Regardless, it's still cute!

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1126
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I think we forgot something really important in this arc: Is Bino in a coma or just have to surpass a facial reconstruction surgery? If he died at least you have to say where he was buried Rick :lol:

Returning to the couple, is Bailey going to wear the ring? :P

I think I can see what Pete could be planning. He is going to play with King without him knowing (in other words, he is not going to ask him to being his avatar, at least not for now). After this (the proposal), others pets, specially dogs, will want to do the same. The popularity of King and Bailey among the pets is going to grow bit by bit, and at the same time Fido's secret is discovered and made it public. The paradigm change causes that pets will try to imitate King now, and since King is still more human than dog, that means they going to act more like their "parents" and begin to want more rights. Is getting long, better I shut up now. At least that's the basic concept of my theory. Hope we can see more of the Cosmic Game soon. :)

_________________
ImageImage


Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:50 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14153
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
wouldn't be surprised if Bailey wore the ring as an earring :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
If this doesn't put you in high spirits...
It looks like Bailey is checking to see if she's been punked.


Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I wanna hear the inevitable conversation where Bailey harasses King until he agrees to let her sniff his butt.

"C'mon, King."
"No."
"Just one sniff."
"Not. Gonna. Happen."
"... we're not kissing until I get to sniff your butt at least once."
"..."
"Kiiiiiiing"
"ALRIGHT FINE."

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm
Posts: 434
Location: United States, Illinois.
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
valerio wrote:
no raised leg. He was still kneeling, seen from behind.



Part of me still thinks he's raising his leg and not kneeling. Simply because he looked like he was jumping for joy in the previous panel.

And my immediate thought when I saw that panel was finding it hilarious because King is hiking up his leg up like the women do in those stereotypical situations when they have that perfect kss with the perfect guy.

Even if he isn't raising his leg, I still find it extremely adorable!

Mod Edit: Sorry, we don't allow you to refer to couples in the '1x2' or '1/2' formats, they tend to emphasize sexuality.

_________________
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

Xbox Live Gamertag: Cerberusx32

Image
Image


Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 323
Location: A treehouse atop a hill
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qUDvvJm8k

_________________
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"


Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:58 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 136
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I wonder if Pete was laughing because he knew this would happen and it just furthered his plans. That and what King went through amused him to no end.


Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4283
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
justacritic wrote:
I wonder if Pete was laughing because he knew this would happen and it just furthered his plans. That and what King went through amused him to no end.


How would this make King more likely to accept the power of an Avatar though? If anything this would make it more unlikely.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:22 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15428
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I don't think there are strings attached. This is supposed to be closure.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2713
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Happy holidays everyone

Image

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:22 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14153
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
*insta-desktop*
now THAT is a nice christmas gift :D

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2713
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
valerio wrote:
*insta-desktop*
now THAT is a nice christmas gift :D


oh, well here is the large version

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Singing Fortepiano
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Growlmon, jump out of those ponies and strike us more with similar awesomeness ;p

_________________
2+2=22
Image


Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Posts: 1683
Location: The Internet
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
pets cry a lot in this comic

they all have severe emotional problems

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm
Posts: 434
Location: United States, Illinois.
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Kyderra wrote:
Happy holidays everyone!


Thank you! This is fantastic! You made my day!

_________________
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

Xbox Live Gamertag: Cerberusx32

Image
Image


Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15428
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
So cute. :3 Did you vector it or just trace?

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:49 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: The nth plane
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Sinder wrote:
pets cry a lot in this comic

they all have severe emotional problems

They're obviously the animal equivalent of teenagers.

_________________
Image
ImageImageImageImage
If you're awesome, you're here.


Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Former Mod of the Aura
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 3999
Location: England
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Nothing on Rick's storytelling (still enjoy the DnD stuff), but does anybody else find King proposing to Bailey right now a little...stupid? Kinda something that nobody sane would ever do, proposing a few minutes after an argument that seems to have lasted for a few days. Not to mention, they've been in a long distance relationship for...just over a year? When they meet up again, 90% of the time has been an argument...isn't that more of an inkling to break up?

Sorry, maybe I should just move my realism away from a webcomic about anthropomorphic animals.

_________________
Image
PF - Awesome
PF - Sly
PF - Brill
Image


Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2713
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Sleet wrote:
So cute. :3 Did you vector it or just trace?


It's a tracing with a vector pen/line tool, so I guess both :P

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4283
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
44R0NM10 wrote:
Nothing on Rick's storytelling (still enjoy the DnD stuff), but does anybody else find King proposing to Bailey right now a little...stupid? Kinda something that nobody sane would ever do, proposing a few minutes after an argument that seems to have lasted for a few days. Not to mention, they've been in a long distance relationship for...just over a year? When they meet up again, 90% of the time has been an argument...isn't that more of an inkling to break up?

Sorry, maybe I should just move my realism away from a webcomic about anthropomorphic animals.


I will admit while I did enjoy that it happened it did seem really rather sudden. That's why I thought that she would likely say no to it because she thought he was moving to fast. I mean even if its just symbolic and doesn't mean anything legal wise and isn't taken seriously its still a really huge commitment and it did come across as a bit sudden for something like that.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15428
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
There could be more that happened off-panel, too.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: Under a rock in Alberta
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
44R0NM10 wrote:
Nothing on Rick's storytelling (still enjoy the DnD stuff), but does anybody else find King proposing to Bailey right now a little...stupid? Kinda something that nobody sane would ever do, proposing a few minutes after an argument that seems to have lasted for a few days. Not to mention, they've been in a long distance relationship for...just over a year? When they meet up again, 90% of the time has been an argument...isn't that more of an inkling to break up?

Sorry, maybe I should just move my realism away from a webcomic about anthropomorphic animals.


Uh, dude, a petty argument like that is not going to end their relationship. Secondly, in their time frame, it would be a few hours later, not a few minutes later(which would give them oodles of time to cool down and think about what they've done(whatever gave you the idea that it was a few minutes later?)). If they break up because of some childish argument, then they shouldn't have been a boyfriend and girl friend to begin with. Just sayin'.

EDIT: Also, if they're going to have a wedding, can I be the bouncer? Just give me an aluminum baseball bat with a decal saying "Head Banger" printed on it and I should be good to go. :D

_________________
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!


Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm
Profile
Former Mod of the Aura
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 3999
Location: England
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Yeah, but the argument seemed to last days (not a few hours, like you say). I doubt invitations were given out the same day as the party, so let's say 1-2 weeks (realistically). If you admit that's true, they were arguing about it for 1-2 weeks, and if that's not true then they avoided each other for 1-2 weeks after the argument began.

Seriously, if you get invitations the same day as the party, I feel sorry for you.


Not to mention, I wasn't saying that one argument should end their relationship. I was saying that they've met each other in real life for the first time in a year, and they seem to have spent almost all the time after the first day arguing. If you're in a long-distance relationship, and as soon as you meet up you argue, some might say you're not meant for each other.

In the very least, you shouldn't propose marriage. I'd argue you shouldn't do that even if you weren't arguing from day 2, but a lot of people disagree with that view.

_________________
Image
PF - Awesome
PF - Sly
PF - Brill
Image


Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I agree that the proposal thing was super sudden. However, I don't think there have been any signs that the relationship is any real turmoil either.

I feel like Bailey was just sent away from her home at a very inconvenient (or convenient for the plot, I suppose) time. King and she would have likely reacted in much the same fashion whether her family had moved with her to Babylon Gardens for a while before having to leave her behind or otherwise.

So the time-frame isn't necessarily as important as the actual content of the argument, in terms of whether their relationship is in "break-up" territory or not.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1154
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I feel similarly. The argument was over the reason she was in Babylon Gardens, and thus could not have occurred without them meeting up. I think it is therefore unfair to say that they spent the first bit of their first meet-up in some time arguing, without the context of what they were arguing over. King had good reason to be upset, and Bailey had good reason to be upset. They seem to have worked it out, and it seems to have spurred King into action.
That's my take on it.

_________________
Image


Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:17 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14153
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
44R0NM10 wrote:
Yeah, but the argument seemed to last days (not a few hours, like you say). I doubt invitations were given out the same day as the party, so let's say 1-2 weeks (realistically). If you admit that's true, they were arguing about it for 1-2 weeks, and if that's not true then they avoided each other for 1-2 weeks after the argument began.

Seriously, if you get invitations the same day as the party, I feel sorry for you.


Not to mention, I wasn't saying that one argument should end their relationship. I was saying that they've met each other in real life for the first time in a year, and they seem to have spent almost all the time after the first day arguing. If you're in a long-distance relationship, and as soon as you meet up you argue, some might say you're not meant for each other.

In the very least, you shouldn't propose marriage. I'd argue you shouldn't do that even if you weren't arguing from day 2, but a lot of people disagree with that view.

King and Bailey make for MEGA-UBER-AWESOME couple so yes, proposal is good and never to soon 8-)

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 869
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I GO OFF ON A DISNEY CRUISE ALL WEEK AND I COME HOME TO THIS?!

Not to mention, it was pulled off completely perfectly. All the way to the end. x3

KJOokami wrote:
I agree that the proposal thing was super sudden.

My parents married 8 weeks after meeting. They've been togther 38 years. We don't know how their relationship over the phone for a year has gone. Just because they had that one recent fight doesn't mean the net total of their relationship isn't strong.

Though I have a feeling their "wedding" will be intervened upon by the cosmic nerds.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4283
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Kitch wrote:

KJOokami wrote:
I agree that the proposal thing was super sudden.

My parents married 8 weeks after meeting. They've been togther 38 years. We don't know how their relationship over the phone for a year has gone. Just because they had that one recent fight doesn't mean the net total of their relationship isn't strong.

Though I have a feeling their "wedding" will be intervened upon by the cosmic nerds.


I know that rather sudden marriage proposals happen, but they aren't really all that common. Usually people don't get married only about a year after meeting each other, well baring non-serious Vegas style weddings done on a drunken whim, sure it happens some times but again it is rather rare.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:39 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 869
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I'm glad this happened while I was totally disconnected. I wouldn't be able to take the suspense, even if it was the very next day. xD

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:58 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 869
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
I just wrote transcripts for the last two strips in the arc.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Here, Back and Better Than Ever!
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Can I see the transcripts? I can't get the final page of the arc to load.
Also... *squee they're getting married*

_________________
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Image


Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 869
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog
Dr. Prower wrote:
Can I see the transcripts? I can't get the final page of the arc to load.
Also... *squee they're getting married*

Probably not. :( OhNoRobot, the comic transcripting service, kinda sucks. :(

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.