Pet Thread #Bark Hiss Sqeuak

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Grey Wolverine

Re: Pet Thread #Meow Woof Squeak!

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I want a pet ferret.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I just had to share this pet video. This is one of the cutest things I have ever seen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryAK7L_7SZs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FaWCjw2_Q0
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil

Post by 0404 »

NightFox wrote:my dad has like four dogs. one is a regular-sized dog, a mix between a golden retriever and a yellow lab. she looks nice because she has the goldish color of golden retrievers, but short fur like a lab. three chihuahuas too, a pure white (pure, excluding a spot of creme on his head) one, a black and white one, and a brown and white one, who is the mother of the other two.
That's adorable! dogs are sooo snuggleable, that's why I like dogs. Ant that's reason why I'm not wishing to get a dog.

@GreyWolv
I see them everytime I visit petland, they are cute but they stink and I just have no idea how to play with em.

@Raido
Awwwwwwwww that's cute! But for me, My cat is one of the most cutest thing I have ever seen

speaking of my cat,Scratch drew this for me. Me and ma kiiteh.

Post by 0404 »

:cry: :cry: My cat is snuggly no more, she just doesn't care about me much as she used to do.
she won't even sniff kiss me and go away when I try to pat her.... :cry:
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

texascat018 wrote::cry: :cry: My cat is snuggly no more, she just doesn't care about me much as she used to do.
Try giving her some catnip. It works for me most of the time.
Panda Panda Panda
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Maybe she's sick?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Post by 0404 »

Punchy wrote:
texascat018 wrote::cry: :cry: My cat is snuggly no more, she just doesn't care about me much as she used to do.
Try giving her some catnip. It works for me most of the time.
those look like some kinda cat drugs to me... IDK I just never thought of using it.

she is not sick at all, she is active right now just,,, not snuggly
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

texascat018 wrote:those look like some kinda cat drugs to me... IDK I just never thought of using it.
Catnip is good for their digestive system, so its good to give them a little every now-and-then.
Whenever I give my cat some he either gets really playful, or just curls up next to me.
Panda Panda Panda

Post by 0404 »

ahhhhhhh, my cat is being spayed tomorrow. is there any side effect? what if she gets unsunugglier? ahhhh poor my girl.
The Grey Wolverine

She might get a bit lazy afterwards.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/

Post by 0404 »

arghhhhh, my poor little girl is now spayed, ok that's ok. but the vet tattooed numbers on of her ear so that they can track of her, without asking me. I'm kinda sad, she just doesn't look good with numbers written down on her ear. I know it was for good but they should have asked my permission before it.
Radio Blue Heart

Here is a picture of my dog! Thanks to my Trumblr blog! This is Tiger! He is playing his favorite game: making sticks into smaller sticks.

And as mentioned before, my friend's dog, Lou the Hell-Corgi!

In case you are wondering, no! He was not provoked! My only crime was I sat down next to his master and he decided to punish me with death! Corgis are evil!
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It just wants to play~

My yorkies have a habit of smiling at people when they're excited, but guests usually think they're trying to show their teeth.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm sorry, but all I see in that picture is an excited dog who wants to play. I've seen and been around enough dogs to tell when they want to play and when they mean business.

But I could be wrong about it. Seeing a picture and actually looking at the dog are two totally different things.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:I'm sorry, but all I see in that picture is an excited dog who wants to play. I've seen and been around enough dogs to tell when they want to play and when they mean business.

But I could be wrong about it. Seeing a picture and actually looking at the dog are two totally different things.
I'm a cat persoon, all I can see is a mad dog trying to kill someone.,

Anyway I love golden ritrivers. Their furs are gorgeuos and they look so pretty.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

An important thing to remember about dogs is their teeth don't go away. They're visible no matter what facial expression it's making unless the mouth is closed. Just 'cause sharp teeth are showing doesn't mean the dog is threatening you with them.
Radio Blue Heart

No. I am pretty sure Lou wanted me dead. He was lunging for my right arm in that shot. He was barking and snarling.

Its worth noting that Lou is the name the animal shelter gave him, but the proper spelling should be "Lu" because his papers state his full name as "Lucifer".

Also, Tiger is a collie/chow mix. He too is a rescue case.
-Virgil

Post by 0404 »

I want to Hug Tiger :3
My cat is a offspring of stray cat. She is kinda wilder than off springs of indoor cats.

As a cat owner I can tell the differences
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uzGysX4b7us/U ... +V+Dog.jpg
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

One of my cats was rescued.
And by that I mean he was found soaking wet on the side of a highway mid October. He was big enough to fit in one hand, and there weren't any houses anywhere nearby (there was a river).
Had him for eight years.
Panda Panda Panda
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's so sweet of you all to take him in!
Radio Blue Heart

texascat018 wrote:I want to Hug Tiger :3
My cat is a offspring of stray cat. She is kinda wilder than off springs of indoor cats.

As a cat owner I can tell the differences
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uzGysX4b7us/U ... +V+Dog.jpg

Tiger would gladly let you hug him! He loves people! Other dogs though, he tends to fight sometimes. He beat up our neighbor's Husky once.
-Virgil

Post by 0404 »

Help my cat wants to play with me, but I can't entertain her well anymore. she doesn't like to play hide and surprise no more. any of cat owners please respond. how do you entertain your cats?
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Welp, this is not a good week to be my pet.
My dog lashed out aggressively and we almost ended up giving him away, now we came to the decision to give him to a dog trainer who will keep him until January, then we'll get him back.
My cat is showing a lot less energy than last week and is walking very slowly around the first floor of my house. She isn't jumping onto my bed or her food table (We have her food elevated on a table) and she's been looking for small dark places like behind/under my bed. I'm scared for her because I've read about that behaviour in cats and she is not pregnant.
Sent from my conifer.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

texascat018 wrote:Help my cat wants to play with me, but I can't entertain her well anymore. she doesn't like to play hide and surprise no more. any of cat owners please respond. how do you entertain your cats?
Cats tend to make their own entertainment.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

texascat018 wrote:Help my cat wants to play with me, but I can't entertain her well anymore. she doesn't like to play hide and surprise no more. any of cat owners please respond. how do you entertain your cats?
All I can say is, catnip. You're cat will love you forever...or just 15minutes, but still.

I've been having problems with two of mine fighting, they've never done it before. Luckily there's a third who breaks them up, neither of them want mess with her.
Panda Panda Panda
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Use paper bags and toys they want to bat at I guess?

Post by 0404 »

Foxstar wrote:
Cats tend to make their own entertainment.
she relies on me for her entertianment rather than her own. Tough she plays catching some odd things, like a pen cap, button.. I think some of my stuffs are gone..

@Punchy how is it like to have multiple cats? And my cat already loves me so much.

@Sleet you are definetely not a cat owner XP when cats are young they do play with toys but as they grow up, they ask look for live entertianment.

Conclusion: cats love to play with strings. I have to run with string so that it looks like a rat tail and my cat would play with it. And she chews on it :P
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

My two cats have always enjoyed sitting in my lap while playing videogames. I make it easier for them by having a blanket on my lap everytime I do so in preparation for them. Also makes my legs warm.

Once they lay on it, i proceed to pet them. They always come to my lap everytime i play a game now, and i encourage them to do so since it's fun =)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur

Re: Pet Thread #Nyang! Mang! Jiik!

Post by 0404 »

:cry: wow, my cat never sat on my lap before...
did they just sit on your lap just because they felt like it one day? or did you train em?

I changed the title XP
Radio Blue Heart

texascat018 wrote: Anyway I love golden ritrivers. Their furs are gorgeuos and they look so pretty.
I actually hate golden retrievers. I have been around big dogs my entire life. Dog breeds that have reputations as being aggressive. Dobermans, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Pit Bulls, etc.

But the only time I have ever been seriously injured by a dog, it was a golden retriever! I didn't need stitches but there was a lot of blood!
-Virgil
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

texascat018 wrote:@Punchy how is it like to have multiple cats?
Um...fun?
Yeah, anymore than 2 is a problem (and there are 3 here). They fight for your attention sometimes, and can get in the way (under your feet). I love 'em though.
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I actually hate golden retrievers.
Same here, but for different reasons.
I used to not like any dogs at all, but there are certain breeds that I've grown to like more than others.
Panda Panda Panda
The Grey Wolverine

So, my Dad is planning on getting a new dog, possibly a beagle husky mix, I'm very happy

Post by 0404 »

yehoshua wrote:Welp, this is not a good week to be my pet.
My dog lashed out aggressively and we almost ended up giving him away, now we came to the decision to give him to a dog trainer who will keep him until January, then we'll get him back.
My cat is showing a lot less energy than last week and is walking very slowly around the first floor of my house. She isn't jumping onto my bed or her food table (We have her food elevated on a table) and she's been looking for small dark places like behind/under my bed. I'm scared for her because I've read about that behaviour in cats and she is not pregnant.
I should have paid more attention to your post, If I did, I could have warned you about your cat's health and told you to go see a vet asap... that was a clear sign of need of medical attention. I feel guilty as the owner of this topic.
I'm sincerely sorry for your loss.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

texascat018 wrote:I changed the title XP
I was wondering what happened! It was either that or a trickster moderator.

A trickster moderator who would inevitably be going to the hospital for furret bites.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Whyyyyy does this topic even need hashtags in its title? Pleeease don't do that.

I have two cats. One is a Russian Blue and pretty smart, though he's overly attached to me and whines incessantly whenever I'm near. This gets annoying when I'm trying to sneak around at 3 in the morning. He hates his belly being rubbed/scratched. xP The other is a Siamese, who's a bit limited in the brains department. His skills include opening and slamming the doors on cabinets, defecating NEXT TO the cat litter, and in general being a pain in the tail. They spend a lot of time harassing each other.

Post by 0404 »

Sleet wrote:
texascat018 wrote:I changed the title XP
I was wondering what happened! It was either that or a trickster moderator.

A trickster moderator who would inevitably be going to the hospital for furret bites.
he deserves furret bites.
Tha Housefox wrote:Whyyyyy does this topic even need hashtags in its title? Pleeease don't do that.

I have two cats. One is a Russian Blue and pretty smart, though he's overly attached to me and whines incessantly whenever I'm near. This gets annoying when I'm trying to sneak around at 3 in the morning. He hates his belly being rubbed/scratched. xP The other is a Siamese, who's a bit limited in the brains department. His skills include opening and slamming the doors on cabinets, defecating NEXT TO the cat litter, and in general being a pain in the tail. They spend a lot of time harassing each other.
Hash Tag Is My Code Of Title.
why Defecate next to cat litter? :? that's a pain in the butt. har...
My cat once tried to open a door by touching a doorknob. cats are smart too.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Has anyone ever had any of their pets lock themselves in strange places? Our new dog can lock herself in the bathroom @_@

Post by 0404 »

my cat once got stuck behind a washing machine in laundry room, my cat became a ball of dust for while after that. and whenever she gets locked down in a room she scratched a floor to notify me that she got locked. she also hides under my bed whenever she feels threatened
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The cat that I mentioned likes to open cabinets gets stuck every now and then
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

And he opens the cubboard too. That's very neat, depending on the cubboard of course. X3 I'm just so surprised that our dog has so far on account done it six times and everyone that calls for her hears her scratching the door. Even better when yo uconsider the first time she did it she somehow locked the door too. The family is, by definition, flabbergastered that she is able to shut the door in the first place since we have no idea why she shuts it, but it's nonetheless come to the point where i laugh everytime she does it because it's no longer a one time deal.