Fanfic idea anyone?

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

kavviyenta

Fanfic idea anyone?

Post by kavviyenta »

I noticed jimdavid100 asking if anyone can draw his idea. And I was wondering if anyone can write this idea of a fic which is…

Total Drama Series / Housepets crossover

I actually don’t know much about Total Drama other than its concept which is the contestants participating in a hellish reality show by a sadistic host. And I like it if anyone know about TD and would like to try making a fic of this with Housepets characters and not just the canon but fanon as well.

This time, there would be 24 pets or specifically 4 pets consisting of a male and female dog and a male and female cat. This makes it six neighborhoods including Babylon Garden. And no more than one pet from the same household are allowed to participate. No animal with supernatural power nor species other than dog and cat are allowed. I am not sure if it’s possible to not allow more than one participant of the same breed.

If you, moderator or not, are seeing this. Please let other members from the roleplaying section know of this. I have recommendation of certain pets to recruit that is if permitted. If you do not approve, you can remove this post and let’s not hear about this again.

The recommended lists are:

Babylon Gardens:
Male Dog: Since Grape is participating, Peanut can not join. It can be Bino or King or Tiger or anyone else.
Female Dog: Can be Sasha or Daisy. Tarot can not join.
Male Cat: Can be Maxwell or Marvin. Mostly the former.
Female Cat: Will be Grape since Sabrina can not join.

Richardson Valley:
MD: I recommend Venison.
FD:
MC:
FC:

Radiant Garden:
MD:
FD: I recommend Vanilla.
MC:
FC:

Sunset Plateau:
MD:
FD:
MC: I recommend Blueberry.
FC:

Seabreeze Harbor:
MD:
FD:
MC:
FC: I recommend Kaylee.

Brookshire Meadow or Blue Peak Shore:
MD:
FD:
MC:
FC:

Chris McLean will be the host but can not directly lead since he is not allowed to abuse the pets. This will be filled in by an animal who take after Chris. Make an OC of your wish.

I can’t exactly write a good plot and it’s up to you to decide how the pets should act and be voted out. I’ll just be a director and give out how the setting and games should be played out. Reply by post or PM. Any question? Again, if you don't approve of this, feel free to remove the post.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Fanfic idea anyone?

Post by copper »

Hmm, there was an idea like this a while back involving an HP! and MLP:FiM crossover...

Not my style, but an interesting idea. You can always work on writing yourself! :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Karl

Post by Karl »

I'm afraid I can't.
I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm already writing too much for myself as it is. Two fics here, another one shot fic for somewhere else, hopefully another fic when I finish Everchanging Hearts (Not here though), and one more thing that I have put all of that aside for right now.

However, if you could get someone who had the commitment to write the entire thing (And knew all of the RP characters well enough to write it), that would be a totally awesome fic.

Just a thought, does it have to be one person writing it? It sounds like you have the ideas and want to be actively involved during the writing, so why not ask several writers to do one part at a time? I imagine at the end of each piece someone will get voted off, and including an official intro and ending this shouldn't extend past 26 or so parts. Just have a different writer for each part.

I don't have the time (or motivation really) to do the entire thing, but if I only had to write one part at a time, I wouldn't mind doing that. And as long as you keep all of the authors on the same track, it would be pretty interesting to see it happen as well.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

sorry, I've got my own fic to write when I get back to it.
then I've also got an idea for the celestials in celestial school, but that's low on my priorities. but still higher than someone else's idea.

but this is interesting, if you could get someone to write it.

and it's a good thing you grouped BsM and BPS together, cause otherwise you'd have trouble finding 4 pets without magic. :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

I know I should work on writing myself, but how I can be good on it vary depending on the dialogue and action. And agree that I would need more than one writer for this idea.

While I would like OC from the roleplaying section, this fic isn't roleplaying itself. Depending on how it should go, it would be better if the winner of the reality show is a canon character since there is no real-life prize for the owner of the OC to receive.

And I meant BsM OR BPS, not BsM AND BPS. Retired OCs can be picked as well. And don't ask me how and why the pets decided to join in the reality show, that's for you to decide.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
valerio

Post by valerio »

since I do not have any idea about what TD is, plus I am really busy with my own ficcie, I must decline
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Total Drama Island was a cartoon that 24 people were sent to an island and each week one of them got voted off until there was a winner.

Between the sadistic host and weird and dangerous challenges, you can probably imagine it from there.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

Oh, I get it.
It was copied here in Pizzaland: the show was called L'ISOLA DEI FAMOSI (Famous People Island) because a bunch of forgotten stars/desperate stars for cash was sent there in a pathetic imitation of a survival game.
What did Housepets! to you, to deserve such treatment?
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Nothing wrong, so to speak. I understand if don't appreciate what appear to be comedic sociopathy.

There was exranio's fic where the Great Kitsune created a competition by giving the BG residents superpower and made them fight each other where nobody can die let alone bleed.

How worse can this get?

valerio

Post by valerio »

Two words: Reality Show :lol:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:Oh, I get it.
It was copied here in Pizzaland: the show was called L'ISOLA DEI FAMOSI (Famous People Island) because a bunch of forgotten stars/desperate stars for cash was sent there in a pathetic imitation of a survival game.
actually, no. That was "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" over here. Which I think we got from the UK.

this was a cartoon meant to parody that sort of thing. and so this fic would also be a parody.

as for the "multiple writers" you mentioned, Kav, If you limited it to active characters, you could collaborate with the players behind those characters to see how the characters would react in this situation.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets