Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Re: Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm not too strong in science myself, but that didn't stop me from joining the Science Olympiad team at my school. We just had our first meeting and I'm going to be building something like a crane arm and possibly a glider despite the fact I don't know what I'm doing.

But really, if your school had programs like that, you should join them. There is generally something that everyone can enjoy. The crane arm thing is really more about building and engineering skill than science, which I am pretty good at and enjoy.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm good at everything.

Except drawing. :B
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:I'm not too strong in science myself, but that didn't stop me from joining the Science Olympiad team at my school. We just had our first meeting and I'm going to be building something like a crane arm and possibly a glider despite the fact I don't know what I'm doing.

But really, if your school had programs like that, you should join them. There is generally something that everyone can enjoy. The crane arm thing is really more about building and engineering skill than science, which I am pretty good at and enjoy.
Yeah, my high school is across the street from a cow pasture.
Calculus teacher: "Can anyone take the derivative of this problem?"
Cow when the window is open in the spring: "MOOOOO!"
Student: "The answer is 'MOOOOO'?"

Science Club at my school is also a joke. Just... trust me with this one. I see more science from watching The Big Bang Theory than I do listening to a Science Club meeting.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

That's too bad. Is there some kind of band thing you can do?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm always invited to the band events. I'm pretty content with how my schedule is right now though: school work, actual work, and friends.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

That's a pretty good schedule to have. I don't have a job (yet somehow still have money to drive to school), so I'm doing a lot more school and band related activities. I'm going to end up doing more than I can handle if I'm not careful.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:That's a pretty good schedule to have. I don't have a job (yet somehow still have money to drive to school), so I'm doing a lot more school and band related activities. I'm going to end up doing more than I can handle if I'm not careful.
That's what happened to me my junior year. :P It would have been the same way this year, but I ended up dropping some clubs and a few people in my life.

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:That's a pretty good schedule to have. I don't have a job (yet somehow still have money to drive to school), so I'm doing a lot more school and band related activities. I'm going to end up doing more than I can handle if I'm not careful.
well what is your limit of it? I think I just passed my limit recently. maybe it was a good thing that I failed to join the air riffle team. if did I could have died last week due to lack of sleep.
I have extra carricualr stuffs every week day. good thing that i have spare and get to go home little bit early.
Beagle wrote:That's what happened to me my junior year. :P It would have been the same way this year, but I ended up dropping some clubs and a few people in my life.
why drop people?
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

texascat018 wrote:why drop people?
Some people are more trouble than they're worth. Best to drop them before they drop you.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

texascat018 wrote:well what is your limit of it?
Well, that depends on the scheduling of everything. Really, I could handle everything I'm doing at once if I needed to, but it shouldn't get that bad though.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

what does your parent feed you with? :lol:
KJOokami wrote:
Some people are more trouble than they're worth. Best to drop them before they drop you.
oh now I can seriously relate to that. extremely seriously... :(
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

texascat018 wrote:what does your parent feed you with? :lol:
... Jet fuel.

Really, I do spend a lot of time goofing off everyday that I could transfer to doing everything I need to. And I don't have that much that I have to do anyway...
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

fast metabolism will stop one day.
you know what sucks? I can't really have cereal for breakfast. I can have it but I feel really energyless for the rest of the day.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

texascat018 wrote:fast metabolism will stop one day.
you know what sucks? I can't really have cereal for breakfast. I can have it but I feel really energyless for the rest of the day.
Just eat a traditional German breakfast. With cold cuts and the like.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil

Post by 0404 »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Now that looks like a heck of a fulfilling breakfast. I just have to find a local German restaurant that doesn't exist around here. I eat rice for breakfast, 365 every day, except for sunday and saturday. so that's around 250 days.
Radio Blue Heart

texascat018 wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Now that looks like a heck of a fulfilling breakfast. I just have to find a local German restaurant that doesn't exist around here. I eat rice for breakfast, 365 every day, except for sunday and saturday. so that's around 250 days.
Sorry...
-Virgil

Post by 0404 »

nein! why sorry?
I'm sorry for making you feel sorry! anyway Correction, I found pretty local, but kinda far away German restaurant. I may have to beg my parents to get there.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

My favorite thing about German food is the bread you can get at a bakery! I love having crunchy fresh bread with with different kinds of jams and marmalade.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Saw The Hobbit. Awesome movie, if lengthy. It's lengthiness put my brother to sleep almost. Guess you can't make everyone like it X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Radio Blue Heart

GameCobra wrote:Saw The Hobbit. Awesome movie, if lengthy. It's lengthiness put my brother to sleep almost. Guess you can't make everyone like it X3
I am going to see it tomorrow, I think. I really want to see it. I wish the three parts were not spread out over three years. Just look at sequels to "The Matrix". They were horrible, but they were released so close together that you didn't feel quite as dissatisfied if you had to wait a year.
-Virgil
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Zukio wrote:My favorite thing about German food is the bread you can get at a bakery! I love having crunchy fresh bread with with different kinds of jams and marmalade.
I've never had german food before, how does it taste?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beer and pretzels? And sauerkraut?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

just got back from hobbit
never actually read the book
but loved it
Karl

Post by Karl »

I must wait till December 25...
Why others get the good things faster than me, this is so unfair...
I'm a bookworm!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

it'll be alright karlos
*hug*
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

KJOokami wrote:
Well they actually dropped me first, but I handled it by taking the high road and letting them know exactly how I felt. Now their guilt eats away at them and I don't have to deal with anymore crap. It's hard to explain how I do what I do, but it works.

There has just been so much drama from other people IRL this year that it made the first half of my senior year pretty terrible. Once I stood up for myself, it helped me find my own self peace and made others realize that I'm done being emotionally bullied. Luckily, these little creeps don't go to school with me, so my high school has been my emotional safe haven, where I've been loved and protected. I really do have a lot of pride in my school.

I've been living life by the slogan of "I got 99 problems, but lemme tell ya son, you ain't gonna be one." Since I finally stopped trying to hide how I feel, I have been more happy this past week than I have in months.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Beagle wrote:I've been living life by the slogan of "I got 99 problems, but lemme tell ya son, you ain't gonna be one." Since I finally stopped trying to hide how I feel, I have been more happy this past week than I have in months.
I like that slogan.

That's a nice slogan.

And I'm hopefully gonna be seeing The Hobbit fairly soon. I think my folks are planning on seeing it as a family some weekend since it's a film that I think all of us will enjoy (which is rare). My older sister has already seen it, and from what she's told me it's pretty amazing. So I do have rather high hopes for it.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

That's a fantastic slogan, Beagle, it shows real emotional maturity. Glad to see you're ending high school on a high note! ;)
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Nyaliva wrote:That's a fantastic slogan, Beagle, it shows real emotional maturity. Glad to see you're ending high school on a high note! ;)
This, definitely this. I'm glad you're happy now, Beagle. :3
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thanks guys. It really was not fun to be attacked because of other people's insecurities. It's pretty low to start a fight with someone when they're under the influence of pain killers from dental surgery, or to get someone else who doesn't even know you to attack you on Facebook, or to get their mommy to call your house phone when it was they who had been starting fights or raising their voice for the past three months. Honestly, the best thing I ever did was pretending person A didn't exist, blocking person B on Facebook, and telling person C that they need to grow up and stop being an abusive control freak. Tonight, person C ran away like a scared little boy because I said something way too honest. If he thinks blocking me on Facebook ought to show me, I've seen better insults from my little nephews.

For as much as I care, all three of them can stew in their own filth by this point. I've already seen signs that my success without them is getting under their skin.

But seriously, it feels good to drop them like hot potatoes and not have to deal with them anymore. XD I never give up up people, so when I finally come out to say something like that, we all know that it hit the proverbial fan.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like how a reference to a vulgar rap song is described as "mature." :P
Karl

Post by Karl »

For me, Facebook makes relationships distant and unreal. personally I prefer to talk with someone face to face than via internet.
I'm a bookworm!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

there are some times when face to face isn't possible, and Facebook can help with those times.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:there are some times when face to face isn't possible, and Facebook can help with those times.
I don't use Facebook at all. I still find it utterly hilarious that some people's idea of the worst thing they can do to someone is to unfriend or block them on Facebook.

Also, you gotta be careful with your Facebook. Potential employers DO check those, and any strange behavior they find on your profile (such as less-than-appropriate pictures or talking about your addictions) and even your "friends" can make quite a difference. That's what I've been told several times in high school, by both teachers and one company's manager that came to my school, as well as our academic advisor. I'm not sure how relevant this is for EVERYONE, and I'm sure not ALL companies do this, but it's sort of food for thought. Not that you should be putting too much stuff on the internet that could incriminate you in anything or otherwise shed a poor light on you, anyway. That'd be stupid.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Facebook has destroyed my generation into a bunch of passive-aggressive, non-confrontational, immature little kids who can't look someone in the face and work out the situation like an adult.

This:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7a_ZoUvlOCE/T ... 640/20.jpg

I am actually happy that I grew up with older parents. They always taught me that while I may spend my life working with computers, it's not a "life" unless there are other people physically in it. As such, I grew into a well-adjusted young adult.

Tha Housefox, we're friends on Facebook. You can see just how squeaky clean my Facebook is. :P
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Beagle wrote:Facebook has destroyed my generation into a bunch of passive-aggressive, non-confrontational, immature little kids who can't look someone in the face and work out the situation like an adult.

This:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7a_ZoUvlOCE/T ... 640/20.jpg

I am actually happy that I grew up with older parents. They always taught me that while I may spend my life working with computers, it's not a "life" unless there are other people physically in it. As such, I grew into a well-adjusted young adult.

Tha Housefox, we're friends on Facebook. You can see just how squeaky clean my Facebook is. :P
Yes it has. And yeah, that picture's very true, but I try to fix things too. Though I understand when things can't be fixed.

Your parents sound pretty smart. X3

And I COULD see it, if I used my Facebook once in a while. XP

Post by 0404 »

Beagle wrote:
I've been living life by the slogan of "I got 99 problems, but lemme tell ya son, you ain't gonna be one." Since I finally stopped trying to hide how I feel, I have been more happy this past week than I have in months.
If you got something to say, you should say it or it's just gonna tear you up inside.
being too introverted kinda sucked wasn't it? your motto goes in to my handy dandy notebook.
I felt guilty after seeing this picture.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The Brave little Toaster game me the same philosophy as that picture as well, Beagle. <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Beagle wrote:Facebook has destroyed my generation into a bunch of passive-aggressive, non-confrontational, immature little kids who can't look someone in the face and work out the situation like an adult.
And sitting on a forum like this complaining about it makes it much better?:P
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tiggy wrote:
And sitting on a forum like this complaining about it makes it much better?:P
No, as per stated, I've already dealt with the situation(s). Here, I am speaking to my friends about how life has been lately. Most of the people who I've been speaking to here on the Chat Thread have known that what has been happening extends much further than what someone with only surface knowledge has seen here. I was speaking to them about how I reached my breaking point, deciding to let children be children and move on to better things.

@THF- They're crazy, but they brought up a pretty good kid. :P

@texascat- I do not have an introverted nature, and pretending to have one tore me up inside, yes.

@GameCobra- There's a game for The Brave Little Toaster?! <3