Re: Extracurricular Activities

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Throw rocks at cars.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Back in High School I was in a Japanese Culture Club, where we learned about Japan, German Club, same as the Japanese Club but with German, and in Robotics Club, where we built a robot as a group.
Now I am currently Secretary of a Video Game Design Club, where we design simple games and mods, Vice President (Acting as President though) of an Anime Club, where we watch anime on a big screen in a classroom for four hours, Treasurer of Strategic Gaming Society, where we play tabletop games and other things, and am in Japanese Table where I get extra study help on learning to speak and read Japanese. And that is just the official clubs I am in...
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Zukio wrote:all that awesome stuff
I assume these clubs that you're in now are college clubs, right? That is one of the reasons I'm exciting for university next year.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

One lil' bit of caution. "extracurricular" means "Outside of your primary educational responsibilities". They are awesome stuff but only as long as you don't let them become "Infracurricular", a word I just made up. It means "Instead of your primary educational responsibilities". When you first have an assignment that you turn in half-done, and when you go into a quiz or test and do poorly because you didnt find time to prepare adequately, that's the caution sign. It means either a) do less infracurricular stuff & study more or else b) do less infracurricular stuff and do more time management skills practice so you can eventually resume your extracurricular fun".

Personally, I dont have any extracurricular activities at the moment. I thought I did, but now I dont. Where did those six weeks just go?
Beagle wrote:
I assume these clubs that you're in now are college clubs, right? That is one of the reasons I'm exciting for university next year.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

tychoaussie wrote:One lil' bit of caution. "extracurricular" means "Outside of your primary educational responsibilities". They are awesome stuff but only as long as you don't let them become "Infracurricular", a word I just made up. It means "Instead of your primary educational responsibilities". When you first have an assignment that you turn in half-done, and when you go into a quiz or test and do poorly because you didnt find time to prepare adequately, that's the caution sign. It means either a) do less infracurricular stuff & study more or else b) do less infracurricular stuff and do more time management skills practice so you can eventually resume your extracurricular fun".

Personally, I dont have any extracurricular activities at the moment. I thought I did, but now I dont. Where did those six weeks just go?
Beagle wrote:
Good sir, do I need to send you my 5-paged resume for college and my transcript which has nothing less than honors and AP courses, a semester's worth of college credit, straight A's, a 4.8 GPA, and a class rank of 4th out of 185 students? :P I've already established time management skills, I'm perfectly alright. :P
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Wow Beagle you sound like you are ready for college. With grades like that you are a shoe-in for anywhere you go it sounds like. One thing that I advise though is that you don't take too many leadership positions in college though as you are required to fill out most of the paperwork, set up events and lots of other responsibilities. I have only 3 leadership positions and I am already feeling a tad stretched.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Zukio wrote:Wow Beagle you sound like you are ready for college. With grades like that you are a shoe-in for anywhere you go it sounds like. One thing that I advise though is that you don't take too many leadership positions in college though as you are required to fill out most of the paperwork, set up events and lots of other responsibilities. I have only 3 leadership positions and I am already feeling a tad stretched.
I've been ready for college for quite a while now. :P

Nehh, I'm Beta Club president, science club president, and an active member of marching band. Trust me, I know how you feel. I have to have a job during college, and I'm aiming to be a photographer for the yearbook and a leader in my college of choice's high achieves program. Both are paid positions, so hopefully I'll never have to work in fast food. Either that or I'll be a paid intern. XP I have a lot of options with where I want to attend in the fall.

Post by 0404 »

Monday: Track and filed practice, Takowndo practice
Tuesday: Tech club, posibbly Air riffle team
Wednesday: Track and filed practice again, Cello
Thursday:Cadet (military Afterschool)
Friday: Tech club

I need some rest...
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

On saturdays I might beat people up with foam swords :3

I wish I had more to say :(
Sent from my conifer.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I basically got impeached from my science club presidency by a popular kid who just started the club this year (apparently three years of seniority mean nothing). I ended up being so disgusted by what happened that I quit. Science Club this year has been overrun by just enough jerks to make me not want to deal with it.
Marching band is over.
It's too close to winter break to really do anything with Beta Club.
Right now, my extracurricular activities consist of my job and wrapping up the busy semester by relaxing just a little bit.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

In high school I used to participate in the Chess Club, though each year as the school year went on I became less and less interested. I haven't started joined any clubs at my College yet, and I don't really plan to.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I did chess club in elementary school and a little in middle school, but it got too "serious" for me so I quit.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:I did chess club in elementary school and a little in middle school, but it got too "serious" for me so I quit.
I bet I could beat you, I beat one of my clubs "pros" :3
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Probably. I mostly play with instinct rather than specific strategies.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Karl

Post by Karl »

I'm thinking on going to local gym. Not only for shaping my body. But to kill time and inject some positive jolts to my neurons.
They also have special lessons about running.
I'm a bookworm!