My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Penwrite

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:
Penwrite wrote:Okay, I know I say this a lot, but I just realized something. Way back in the two-parter of season 2, when they first tried to use the Elements of Harmony to stop Discord, the elements worked for a moment before quitting, obviously because the group didn't represent them anymore.

What occurred to me was that while Twilight, Pinkie, AJ, Rarity, and Fluttershy all lifted up, Spike stayed on the ground. Does anyone else find it weird that the Elements only work for ponies?
That is not what that means at all, Spike was not the Element of Loyalty so it didn't work for him it wasn't because he wasn't a Pony. The reason it lifted them up even a little bit was because while they didn't represent them completely anymore they still did on some level it was just hidden by what Discord did to them.
Oh dang it all. I forgot to mention that part. I meant to ask if anyone thought the elements only worked for ponies or if it was just because Spike didn't represent Loyalty.

DX

Anyway, I just thought this was an interesting topic worth discussing. Feel free to keep bluntly slamming me down.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

now, we don't know your theory isn't correct until we see a non-element pony try to use them. Ice and I just think it's more likely just because, despite Twilight's assertion, Spike wasn't Rainbow Dash.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I just went to my comic shop to pick up my copies of the MLP comic that I pre-ordered. Well, it seems that that instead of putting the comics in my subscription folder, they put them on the shelf and they were sold off with the others. The comic is already going for double its cover price on amazon.

This ruined my entire day.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sorry if I was a bit too blunt I tend to come across like that a lot. Though your right its an interesting topic to think about, I would think that it would work for anyone that was worthy of using the Element (a la: Thor's Hammer).
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I just went to my comic shop to pick up my copies of the MLP comic that I pre-ordered. Well, it seems that that instead of putting the comics in my subscription folder, they put them on the shelf and they were sold off with the others. The comic is already going for double its cover price on amazon.

You can get a digital version of it off Itunes and stuff.
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:Sorry if I was a bit too blunt I tend to come across like that a lot. Though your right its an interesting topic to think about, I would think that it would work for anyone that was worthy of using the Element (a la: Thor's Hammer).
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I just went to my comic shop to pick up my copies of the MLP comic that I pre-ordered. Well, it seems that that instead of putting the comics in my subscription folder, they put them on the shelf and they were sold off with the others. The comic is already going for double its cover price on amazon.

I wanted the physical copy. And I don't use Itunes. What I reserved through them a full three months in advance of the release was a set of all 6 variant covers. It was more than a little frustrating to get that news after work.

Plan 9 Comics is the worst shop in North Carolina. :x
-Virgil
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Sorry if I was a bit too blunt I tend to come across like that a lot. Though your right its an interesting topic to think about, I would think that it would work for anyone that was worthy of using the Element (a la: Thor's Hammer).

I wanted the physical copy. And I don't use Itunes. What I reserved through them a full three months in advance of the release was a set of all 6 variant covers. It was more than a little frustrating to get that news after work.

Plan 9 Comics is the worst shop in North Carolina. :x
well that only figures
they are named after a terrible Ed Wood film
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

This song's pretty cool. If nothing else the artwork is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei5P38AN ... plpp_video
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok that was better then I expected it would be. The whole Zecora training part was very neat, Fluttershy threatening Twilight was a bit unexpected but cool. Twilight tricking Trixie at the end of the second duel was awesome (borderline Male Applejack and old Applejack were my favorites) and we learned a bunch of potential new spells and what I've always figured (but a lot of other fans didn't) that Twilight is not the most powerful Unicorn in Equestria (though I think she is the one with the most potential).

Pinkie Pie not being able to talk for basically the whole episode was funny as was the fourth wall breaking by her and Twilight at the very end. Fluttershy's dangerous mission suit was adorable, and really Zecora and Fluttershy was my favorite parts of this whole episode.
I would give it an 8/10
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Penwrite wrote:This song's pretty cool. If nothing else the artwork is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei5P38AN ... plpp_video
Duuuuuude. This guy's got a crazy nice-sounding voice. At first listen, I totally thought the vocals were ripped from a 30 Seconds to Mars song or something. Had no idea we had a voice like that in the fandom.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

The second that Twlight asked Applejack and Rarity to come forward for the age spell I had it figured out. And I absolutely loved Pinkie doing the one mare band thing again. And with no mouth to boot. Is there nothing she can't do?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

It was about what I expected, which was pretty good. Gave fanfic writers a ton of stuff to build off of and they finally put a nail in the coffin of Trixy being a villain.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

This was a very good episode. But quoting a person in youtube: "Banished from Ponyville, Celestia is away and need a mentor, who can deal with dark magic? Go to Zecora, because Luna already get too much screentime..."
But I GUESS it makes sense since everfree forest is nearer of ponyville. But a Luna training would have been better, in my opinion that is.
Also this instantly came to my mind when I saw that Trixie had to resort to a magic necklace to be better than Twilight.

[ Image Removed ]
It wasn't real power. Trixie herself didn't get any stronger.
Also, I lost my bet that the necklace would be made of King Sombra's horn.

Mod Edit: You are not able to post comics that include profanity.
Last edited by angelusbr on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

The Luna complaining is understandable, but she's a cast member, she's brought in when the writers feel she has a role. Also, she may have been busy elsewhere. I found the complaining about no Derpy to be more amusing.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I think the reason she didn't go to Luna (assuming she wasn't busy with other things or asleep) could be because Luna would be unlikely to help her in terms of training Twilight needed, or at least Twilight thought as much anyway due to how she acted towards her in Crystal Empire.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I loved this episode.
Zecora is best Yoda. Also, I notice she used shorter couplets this time.
New Meme prediction: Trixie's fear of wheels
when they mentioned "using the six" I thought Trixie was going to have to get a taste of the elements.
my new favorite line is "that's not magic, that's pinkie pie"
Either Granny Smith was only acting like she was in pain while Rarity was standing on her back, or Twilight's a jerk.
How did Bic Mac change his voice? or did Twilight have a voice changing spell? Or can AJ throw her voice and that was her Big Mac impression?
Did Trixie just try to use the Cruciatus curse on Rainbow Dash?
why did Twilight need the others standing behind the statue? we know she has a teleportation spell that she can use repeatedly. I guess teleporting 4 ponies at a time would be a little harder, but she could probably do it.
I just realized this was like the opposite of Boast Busters.
Boast Busters: Trixie comes to town and shows off with fake magic. Twilight then shows her up and runs her out of town using her real magic.
Magic Duel: Trixie comes to town and shows off with real magic. Twilight then shows her up and runs her out of town using her fake magic.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah her fear of wheels will be a Meme for sure. The thing is with the exception of Trixie being broke most people were right about how her life went after Boast Busters. And your right Brent it really is kind of the opposite Boast Busters.

This episode also basically showed what became of the Parasprites, while we don't know exactly what happened I think its likely they imprisoned them in some kind of magical dimension so they can't get out unless summoned now.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i love the references in this episode
also saddle arabia
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

There were sooooo many references in this episode; it was great.

The only thing I really take some issue with is the ending. I just don't feel like Trixie's turn-around felt genuine in the slightest. I really hope that they plan to bring her back in at some point to expand a little bit on her "new outlook". And I also was apparently completely off-base about King Sombra having something to do with the necklace Trixie had. Well, I guess I'm not necessarily wrong yet; we could find out later on that he was the one who originally created the necklace or something, or was the one who told Trixie about it in the first place. But I didn't receive the confirmation that I was expecting (and kind of hoping for).

Not just because I wanted my prediction to be right. More because I was hoping that this episode--and Sombra--was going to be something tying into the over-arching plot that the writers have mentioned they put into this season.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I'm hoping for a villain all out at the end of season 3.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Radio Blue Heart

I hope they make Trixie a permanent resident of Ponyville. It would be nice if they added her as Twlight's student in magic.
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Welp, "alicorn" is now canon. I, too, was a fan of "That's not magic, that's Pinkie Pie" and the distrust of wheels. I also liked how Pinkie's mouth was never returned until the end, where it cut off before she could start speaking.
JeffCvt wrote:The second that Twlight asked Applejack and Rarity to come forward for the age spell I had it figured out. And I absolutely loved Pinkie doing the one mare band thing again. And with no mouth to boot. Is there nothing she can't do?
I had a suspicion I realized what was going on too.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i completely understand trixie
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ah, it begins! So I wonder when those run down versions of the Sweet Apple Acres and Carousel Boutique will show up I believe those are the only things we haven't yet seen from the various leaks of things.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

The exact same crowd at the exact same moment
Which was weird since it had a different animation (so it wasn't to save money), but it's kinda funny how the same people are the only ones interested at Trixie.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Heh that is kind of neat how its basically exactly the same.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Minus Derpy.

Also, mario, that picture is amazing. XD
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I wouldn't mind an actual metal/faux gem version of that.

I wouldn't mind an actual precious metal/real gem version either, but the difference there is I can't afford it. Maybe garnet. I could see that gem being garnet.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

mariomarc wrote:heys guys
http://www.etsy.com/listing/116875515/m ... orn-amulet
that was quick
The design of the necklace leaked few weeks ago. This necklace looked better in the cartoon (this one made by this person has short wings). Maybe some other people will try make one that looked more like the one from the episode. I know it's hard to copy every detail of it, but imagine the price of it if it resembles completely and me made of actual gems.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Here's something interesting I found from the latest episode

http://i.imgur.com/fYNTX.jpg
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Kyderra wrote:Here's something interesting I found from the latest episode

True. The only difference was that Trixie did that for fame, while Twilight wanted to save her friends and couldn't face against Trixe's magic alicorn thingy.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Kyderra wrote:Here's something interesting I found from the latest episode

*ahem*
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Boast Busters: Trixie comes to town and shows off with fake magic. Twilight then shows her up and runs her out of town using her real magic.
Magic Duel: Trixie comes to town and shows off with real magic. Twilight then shows her up and runs her out of town using her fake magic.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Just saw the episode. Sweetie Belle looking like Rarity and Apple Bloom looking like Applejack was adorable.

Also, this might just be me, but I thought this episode had some of the best atmosphere of any episode. From the beginning with the run-down portion of Canterlot and the old store full of stuff, to the start of the second duel with the dark clouds and the lightning and stuff. Just, I love stuff like this.

Although, I was expecting Celestia and those two horses to have a bigger role in things. Like, acting as the judges for the second duel or something. Meh, it's a minor point.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Penwrite wrote:Although, I was expecting Celestia and those two horses to have a bigger role in things. Like, acting as the judges for the second duel or something. Meh, it's a minor point.
If Celestia could've been there while Trixie was literally enslaving Ponyville, she would have just stopped her, don't you think?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I noticed the double standard too, but at the same time, desperation calls for desperate measures. It's different than lying just for ego.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

KJOokami wrote:
Penwrite wrote:Although, I was expecting Celestia and those two horses to have a bigger role in things. Like, acting as the judges for the second duel or something. Meh, it's a minor point.
If Celestia could've been there while Trixie was literally enslaving Ponyville, she would have just stopped her, don't you think?
No no, I meant like arriving just in time for the duel. Sorry I didn't say it better the first time.

Also, I'm not sure it's quite the same what Trixie and Twilight did. Yes Twilight didn't really play around with Applejack's age or turn her into a stallion, but she did use a magic that Trixie couldn't, the magic of friendship. Which, as we've seen countless times, is an actual thing in Equestria. So what Twilight did was true, from a certain point of view.

Hey, see what I did there? With the Star Wars reference? Eh? Eh?
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Knight Spike is the best Pony
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

That armor looks familiar... but I can't place it...
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Penwrite wrote:That armor looks familiar... but I can't place it...
I've posted another picture of the same artist long time ago with Kight Spike hugging Rarity.
http://amostheartman.deviantart.com/gallery/
Radio Blue Heart

The Movies Re-enacted By Ponies folks have created their longest, funniest and most epic animationever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hD31VTdsw

Lord of the Rings, starring Scootaloo as "Dodo Baggins"!!!
-Virgil