Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Grey Wolverine

Re: Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

But it also means he will amuse us for years to come.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Dubiousity wrote:Don't worry, Diss is a part of Team Rocket, which means he will inevitably fail in his dastardly quest.
at the hands of a 10 year old boy/girl no less...I always rooted for team rocket...mainly the fact that the boy creeps me out :?
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I can now see the Team Rocket Hierarchy. Diss is Meowth, Sleet is Jessie and James, and Rick is Giovanni.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Otaku-Boy wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:Don't worry, Diss is a part of Team Rocket, which means he will inevitably fail in his dastardly quest.
at the hands of a 10 year old boy/girl no less...I always rooted for team rocket...mainly the fact that the boy creeps me out :?
You can root for DIss all you want he's still not gonna leave your pokemon alone.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comic159.html
Dubiousity wrote:
Sleet wrote:Ugh. Going to college taught me that people do that way more than I thought. You get better sleep if you just set your alarm later and get up when it tells you to. That's why I keep my alarm out of reach from bed.
That's the thing though, she didn't even wake up from it immediately. The alarm was going for 20 minutes before she finally woke up and shut it off. I was thinking I could finally go back to sleep, and then it almost immediately starts going off again.
She needs a louder one.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Sleet wrote:http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comic159.html
Dubiousity wrote:
Sleet wrote:Ugh. Going to college taught me that people do that way more than I thought. You get better sleep if you just set your alarm later and get up when it tells you to. That's why I keep my alarm out of reach from bed.
That's the thing though, she didn't even wake up from it immediately. The alarm was going for 20 minutes before she finally woke up and shut it off. I was thinking I could finally go back to sleep, and then it almost immediately starts going off again.
She needs a louder one.
Or maybe a cat, those are usually good for waking you up early.

Then again...
I hear that certain dogs are sometimes pretty good at it too.
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comic159.html
Dubiousity wrote:
She needs a louder one.
No she doesn't, then she'll wake up the whole house.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I ended up pulling an all-nighter yesterday and apparently my alarm went off for like half an hour and woke up my neighbors while I was at the library. I feel kinda bad now.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dubiousity wrote:No she doesn't, then she'll wake up the whole house.
Then she needs one that pushes her off her bed.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Zukio wrote:I can now see the Team Rocket Hierarchy. Diss is Meowth, Sleet is Jessie and James, and Rick is Giovanni.
Does that make me just a Grunt? >:V
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

You're the guy in the painting that the secret switch dust collection is behind in Celadon's game corner.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Or the kid from Gold/silver who disguises himself as a grunt
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wait why does Diss get to be Meowth? DX
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Yeah, Diss is more of the ground type, anyway. Like a Cubone.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Sleet wrote:Wait why does Diss get to be Meowth? DX
because he's the witty one, your the one who makes hilarious comments undermining the witty comments and have an ambiguos gender(hence Jessie AND James are you).
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Otaku-Boy wrote:because he's the witty one

(Also I think Meowth is a confirmed male.)
McFly

Post by McFly »

Wait, if the mods are Team Rocket members, who, or what, are we? (And by 'we', I mean us regular users.}
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

I-I said you were humorous!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

McFly wrote:Wait, if the mods are Team Rocket members, who, or what, are we? (And by 'we', I mean us regular users.}
The episode plot point characters! (since there's so many episodes)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You guys can be the one-off characters with no purpose other than to showcase a specific Pokémon for one episode and then never appear again.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Cool. Can I showcase my Ratata?

Post by 0404 »

when I was young, I used to cheer for Team rocket, Go team Rocket!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I still cheer for team rocket, they are so silly.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

KJOokami wrote:Cool. Can I showcase my Ratata?
Only if it's in the top percent of Rattata.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:
KJOokami wrote:Cool. Can I showcase my Ratata?
Only if it's in the top percent of Rattata.
Only if it's a shiny alteration.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

If we can capture a legendary pokemon like Mewtwo and the birds and such in Leaf green, why doesn't Team Rocket, with all the money they have, buy master balls to catch them and use them against us? That would make so much more sense. Also give the grunts Kangaskhans and Nidokings/queens.
Sent from my conifer.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Well, because Mewtwo was originally created by Team Rocket and owned by Giovanni but Mewtwo didn't like the way he was treated and fled, I'm sure he would've used his psychic powers to keep one step ahead of them since. There is only one Master Ball and I believe Team Rocket actually tried to obtain it once but their plans were foiled, eventually it's creator had to get rid of it to keep it out of Team Rocket's hands and keep it hidden, he thus gave it to a worthy trainer who would use it well. As to the grunts, they're lazy by nature, always wanting something for free, as a result I'm sure none of them actually ever obtained any badges and were simply given their Pokemon, if they were given really strong Pokemon I doubt the Pokemon would listen to their masters.

Or if you want to be more logical about it...The grunts can't be more powerful than you in the game, it's the same reason the Gym leaders aren't all as tough as the Elite Four, despite having been training for as long as them. If Giovanni owned Mewtwo, then you couldn't capture it! And if Team Rocket hoarded Master Balls, they wouldn't be able to get any more powerful Pokemon than they already have, except Mewtwo or the legendaries, but then you have to refer to the other points...BUT that would ruin the magic! ;)
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

But the grunts being harder makes it a better challenge!

I say pokemon games should have easy/normal/hard modes.

(You could consider that the difficulty of the game changes depending on your starter of choice, for example in Pokemon Ruby and Saphire, torchic is useless in the first gym but that is far too easily remedied by catching a wingull)

Edit: Tyops
Sent from my conifer.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Tha Housefox wrote:
Zukio wrote:I can now see the Team Rocket Hierarchy. Diss is Meowth, Sleet is Jessie and James, and Rick is Giovanni.
Does that make me just a Grunt? >:V
No I was thinking only global mods would be in team rocket and the forum mods would be the leaders of the other teams.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

yehoshua wrote:If we can capture a legendary pokemon like Mewtwo and the birds and such in Leaf green, why doesn't Team Rocket, with all the money they have, buy master balls to catch them and use them against us? That would make so much more sense. Also give the grunts Kangaskhans and Nidokings/queens.
Alternatively they could just go out and catch Pokémon the old fashioned way. It beats stealing Pidgeys from 10-year-olds. This same logic also applies to the cartoon. If Jesse and James spent even half the time and effort they spent on Pikachu actually going out and capturing rare Pokémon, they'd probably be in pretty good standing. Although that doesn't work either. Because they've been designated official villains, they have actually been assaulted by the protagonists merely for trying to catch a wild Pokémon-of-the-episode. I guess the only thing that makes them evil is trying to catch Pokémon with needlessly expensive mechas instead of Pokéballs?

Yaknow if they ever decide to go back to Kanto, they really should just retool Team Rocket to be more like a realistic crime syndicate, rather than one that wastes its time stealing weak Pokémon from children. They can still be enemies you have to battle. It just won't be "Rawr I'm gonna steal your level 6 Charmander!"
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Sleet wrote:
yehoshua wrote:If we can capture a legendary pokemon like Mewtwo and the birds and such in Leaf green, why doesn't Team Rocket, with all the money they have, buy master balls to catch them and use them against us? That would make so much more sense. Also give the grunts Kangaskhans and Nidokings/queens.
Alternatively they could just go out and catch Pokémon the old fashioned way. It beats stealing Pidgeys from 10-year-olds. This same logic also applies to the cartoon. If Jesse and James spent even half the time and effort they spent on Pikachu actually going out and capturing rare Pokémon, they'd probably be in pretty good standing. Although that doesn't work either. Because they've been designated official villains, they have actually been assaulted by the protagonists merely for trying to catch a wild Pokémon-of-the-episode. I guess the only thing that makes them evil is trying to catch Pokémon with needlessly expensive mechas instead of Pokéballs?

Yaknow if they ever decide to go back to Kanto, they really should just retool Team Rocket to be more like a realistic crime syndicate, rather than one that wastes its time stealing weak Pokémon from children. They can still be enemies you have to battle. It just won't be "Rawr I'm gonna steal your level 6 Charmander!"
Have you even SEEN the new season? :P
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've seen part of it. Originally Team Rocket was pretty BA but then they dropped back into their typical bumbling failure. Or did they pick the ball back up again and do it right later after I stopped watching?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:

I mean they could set themselves up as a proper crime syndicate but then how would they get the satisfaction that comes with stealing from children?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Admittedly, I got fed up with the tv series and stopped watching entirely after about the fifth season or so (when they jumped into Third Gen, I think; Pokemon Advanced or something), but I did hear about Team Rocket apparently being a legitimate threat in the newest series, and I honestly don't like the idea at all. Team Rocket were always at their best when they were failing miserably at everything they did. They were created for comic relief and that's what they did best, in my opinion.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I'm just saying, it might be funner if they weren't easier to stop than Swiper from Dora The Explorer.
Sent from my conifer.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

yehoshua wrote:(You could consider that the difficulty of the game changes depending on your starter of choice, for example in Pokemon Ruby and Saphire, torchic is useless in the first gym but that is far too easily remedied by catching a wingull)
Since no one else seemed to bring this up, Torchic is not a useless starter for the first gym. Should you train it up to level 16 before you challenge the gym (And it is very easy to do so. Lots of trainers to battle), it evolves into Combusken and learns double kick, thus breaking the gym just as bad as a water or grass would. I've done that multiple times.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Sleet wrote: Because they've been designated official villains, they have actually been assaulted by the protagonists merely for trying to catch a wild Pokémon-of-the-episode. I guess the only thing that makes them evil is trying to catch Pokémon with needlessly expensive mechas instead of Pokéballs?
... ... ...woow, that kinda put the protagonists in a morally ambiguos light :?

Also, I ust watched all the episodes of Roseanne....that series finally dd not happen...period :x now WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! I'm now know why Roseanna kicks but :twisted:
McFly

Post by McFly »

JeffCvt wrote:
yehoshua wrote:(You could consider that the difficulty of the game changes depending on your starter of choice, for example in Pokemon Ruby and Saphire, torchic is useless in the first gym but that is far too easily remedied by catching a wingull)
Since no one else seemed to bring this up, Torchic is not a useless starter for the first gym. Should you train it up to level 16 before you challenge the gym (And it is very easy to do so. Lots of trainers to battle), it evolves into Combusken and learns double kick, thus breaking the gym just as bad as a water or grass would. I've done that multiple times.
I've done that a couple times, too. But I almost always chose Mudkip as my starter because I was more of a Water-Type trainer.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Does anyone here know Java?
I need some help with an assignment.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!

Post by 0404 »

Cm4F wrote:Does anyone here know Java?
I need some help with an assignment.
Java, like computer coffee cup Java? what is the assignment about?