Portuguese Translation

Because there are many

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

valerio

Re: Portuguese Translation

Post by valerio »

question:

Respite in the country:

Page 2 - panel 4, why delete all the 'please don't sniff my butt' dialogue? It kills the fun of that meeting :?
Page 3 - Panel 2, King starts thinking about cute adorable husky puppies, and instead you focus his thoughts over sex appeal..! :? I see confusion.
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

valerio wrote:question:

Respite in the country:

Page 2 - panel 4, why delete all the 'please don't sniff my butt' dialogue? It kills the fun of that meeting :?
Page 3 - Panel 2, King starts thinking about cute adorable husky puppies, and instead you focus his thoughts over sex appeal..! :? I see confusion.
Well, It's because the "please don't sniff my butt" is not really funny in portuguese. Yes, it kills. So I thought about King feeling shy when he is close to Bailey for the first time, would be more funny in my language.

About he starts thinking about the husky puppies, when I translate the dialog to portuguese, it wasn't making sense. So I modified the dialog a little. I only put a mental discussion about himself and what he feels about Bailey, raising arguments that could be the canines hormones, sex appeal, and many other, the causes of what he feels attracted by her. And a mention of puppies when he is questioning yourself about what he feels about her, that seemed inappropriate for the moment.

I guess that's why I edited like that.

If what I did is wrong, tell me. But the brazilian people are enjoying my translations.
Last edited by Mctwisp on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp
valerio

Post by valerio »

I posted those observations because i think translation should follow the original text as verbatim as possible, given exceptions to one's culture. It's respectful to the original work.
For example, king was so going on with his crush, that he already had started thinking of puppies with bailey. It makes perfect sense and it's funny, while focusing on sex appeal makes it another thing.
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

valerio wrote:I posted those observations because i think translation should follow the original text as verbatim as possible, given exceptions to one's culture. It's respectful to the original work.
For example, king was so going on with his crush, that he already had started thinking of puppies with bailey. It makes perfect sense and it's funny, while focusing on sex appeal makes it another thing.
I know. I agree the translation has to follow in accordance with the original text, Valerio, but sometimes, I have to modify when the text don't make sense, so I do my best to not lose the comic logical.

Thanks for the questions. If you have more questions, just ask. I don't mind at all. ;)

Anyway, I have more translations:

A Rispite In The Country

Pág.01

Pág.02

Pág.03

Pág.04

Pág.05

Pág.06

Pág.07

Pág.08

Pág.09
Last edited by Mctwisp on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Housepets Babies!

Pág.01

Pág.02

Pág.03

Pág.04

Pág.05

-=MORE SOON=-
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Sorry for the late. It took a lot of time to bring pacience for me to continue the translations.

A Insustentável Leveza De Ser Um Cão
(The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog)

PAGE 01

PAGE 02

-=COMMING SOON=-
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Another page. =3

PAGE 03

P.S: Don't mind about the fonts. I'm doing a search about which one is best for my language. The Webletterer BB don't have accents(these accents: ´, `, ^, ~), so if you know about a font which have these accents and in italic, bond and regular size, I'll be greateful.
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

New Page. =3

Last edited by Mctwisp on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
lchronosl

Post by lchronosl »

It's great that you are continuing the translation work. I would make only one suggestion:

"Já que a nossa festa de natal do ano passado foi um sucesso" no lugar de "Desde a nossa festa de natal do ano passado fora um sucesso."

I'm happy, I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine, in a bag
I'm useless, but not for long
My future is coming on

Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

lchronosl wrote:It's great that you are continuing the translation work. I would make only one suggestion:

"Já que a nossa festa de natal do ano passado foi um sucesso" no lugar de "Desde a nossa festa de natal do ano passado fora um sucesso."

Actually it's better than the other. Thanks man, I corrected. =)
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

New translation.

Imagine!

Page.01

Page.02

Page.03

Page.04

Page.05

Page.06
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

New page.

Pág.05
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

As Aventuras de Spot (The Adventures of Spot)

Pág.01

Pág.02
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Hi, guys. I just want to let you know I will do a travelling vacation on south, so maybe I will not be able to send new translations while I am there. But no worry, I will do some translations with the strips which I already have in my PC while I am in vacations. So a good vacations for everyone, have fun and bye until january. ^.^
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Hey guys, guess what. More pages! \o/

hehehe, well it's more like the rest of The Unbearable Lightness Of Being a Dog, so I hope you enjoy. ^.^

A Insustentável Leveza De Ser Um Cão (The Unbearable Lightness Of Being a Dog)

PAG.06

PAG.07

PAG.08

PAG.09

PAG.10

PAG.11

PAG.12

PAG.13

PAG.14

PAG.15

PAG.16
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Gabe54125 wrote:If you ever need help with corrections I'm here . I'm Fluent in English and Portuguese. Loving it by the way
That's nice of you, thanks.

But I'm thinking of stop to translate the comic to portuguese. Why? Well, actually I stopped keeping progress of the translation since a couple of months ago, and I'm doing huge pauses on that, and also now I'm not taking time for doing the translations.

Now, I'm thinking of use the time that I used to translate to do my own creations.

I'll comunicate to Rick, and I'm very sorry about that, but it's time to move forward.

Don't worry. Soon enough, there will be an another translator, willing enough to continue the translations.

And I hope he/she's as good as me.

Good day.