HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: PF:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:What? You don't like them apples?

LoL! :lol:
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

No. I don't.

To state what a friend's dad recently said about me, I think you have a smart mouth. >:|
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Ok ladies, calm down. To me this situation was resolved a couple posts ago.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Aw. Just having a bit of pun fun that's all. Sorry.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Yeah, Esper, don't be unfun! I'll have to put your name in the hat twice tonight!
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I... Uh... GAMZEE DID IT! *runs*
KogaShinigami
Location: Between here and there, but more there than here...

Post by KogaShinigami »

Um, okay... I was curious to know if I could join? I would understand if not, since I'm very new at RPing and I'm bound to make mistakes... but I would grateful if you would consider. My character is, well, here:

Name:Vino Kronos (only a few know his real name, and fewer still call him by it, as he often called K')

Species: Cat, Calico

Neighborhood: None (at the moment)

Owner: Namine Rosewood (K' sees her as his mother)

Born in: Unknown

Birth Date: Unknown (Namine decided to set it to the day she found him, Feb.2)

Accent: K' talks with a strong Chicago accent, much a gangster from the 1930s ( Sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwTBdr7jLnY K' sounds a lot like red head while his owner sound a bit like the girl. Used this because its a accent that's hard to describe)

-Appearance-
K' is of normal height for a cat his age, though he's convinced shorter than most. He has a rather slim build over all, which is to be expected of a feline though it has a slight feminine curve to it. His fur is somewhat strange compared to other calico's as his is almost completely black with a white upper chest, muzzle, and paws with random spots of brown along his spine, hind legs (as well as right before the white on his paws), tail, face, and completely brown ears. Note: these are small spots, so in the distance, he looks like a black cat from the back. Due to his slender build and silk like fur, K' is often thought to be a girl, which annoys him quite a bit but he never shows it. He wears a dark blue collar loosely around his neck with a strange tag in the shape of a heart with a rack in the center. On an odd note, his tail seems much longer than most other cats. (No picture yet, sorry)

-Personality-
K' is actually quite the intellectual as he as a deep love for reading. As such, he's not much for going outside for long periods of time without a good reason. Many would call him strange and he would agree saying, "it is better to be different than to be the same as everyone else." However, he truly seeks a friend of some kind as he has never known anyone other than his owner. He has a strange manner of speech, often being more formal than need be which, combined with his accent, can throw some people off. It doesn't help that he is rather shy as well.

Despite his shyness, K' is actually very kind and friendly to everyone he meets. Sadly, his luck as always been against him. Always in the right place at the wrong time. Yet, he does his best to stay happy, even if his sadness shows. K' can't stand it when others are sad and will out of his way to make someone smile. K' likes drawing, writing, and listening to music(he loves to hear others sing). He is also not afraid of water strangely enough, however he is frightened by mirrors and heights. On another strange side note, K' has a strange interest in canines which leads most people to think he is a dog-lover, which may be true.

With his sweet manner of speech, along with his his intelligence and perception, K' unknowingly creates a sense of calm that seems to come over most people. While not as strong or tough, he still possesses some of the natural agility of his feline decent. However, he has not used it in some time. In terms of his demeanor, K' has never been mad (it is unknown if he can even feel anger) and takes a non aggressive stance most of the time as he would rather talk things out.

His speech is often kind and intelligent, but he can often be blunt at time when talking about his opinion or his emotions. He means no harm in this as he is still not use to talking to most people.

-Other Notes-
K' was found as a kitten by Ms. Rosewood some time after her husband died of cancer previous year. With no children and no close family members she wanted to adopt a kitten. Sadly, she didn't have enough money to get one at the shelter. On her way home she saw a small box with a sign on it that said "free kittens." It was raining rather hard at the time when she rushed over to the box. Only one very small kitten was left in the all lone, curled up in the rain only wearing a small collar with a tag that read "Vino." Seeing the the kitten, she picked him up and returned home. K' does not remember anything before his "mother" took him home and cares not to know who his real parents are.

His last name "Kronos" is a direct reference to "Cronos," the god of all the other gods in Greek mythology showing that his owner is also rather bright (it is not known why she did not give K' her last name). In fact, she was the one who bought him his first book and taught him to read. Since then, K' has loved to learn.

K' has a spot under his chin that if petted lightly makes him purr uncontrollably and makes him very relaxed.

K's broken heart tag is one he himself picked out. He said it was because "This one looks lonely, like me. So maybe if I get it, we can be lonely together."

It is actually not known if K' really is male or not. No one as ever interacted with him enough to tell. The prefix "he" is used mostly by himself so other simply assumed that he is male. Not even his owner knows if K' is a boy or a girl. K' also doesn't seem to take note of other people genders either as he has to ask over and over again to remember. This is odd due to the fact that he can memorize everything about a person, except their gender.

It is a little known fact that K' is a hopeless romantic, as he believe in love in first sight, though he has not yet the "one."

-Vino's (K') own thoughts-
Have you ever thought that this world, the one we stand in, might not be real? Sometimes, I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, all of this could just be a dream. So what will happen if I wake up? I don't know and I hope I never know. Besides, my imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself waking up. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I do wake up, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. But I don't want to wake up if this is a dream. I don't to forget the people whom I've meet. I don't want to see this world disappear. So please, if this is just a dream, try not to wake me from this beautiful, wonderful dream.

-S.P.E.C.I.A.L.-

Strength-4 "I'm not the strongest person around, sadly."
Perception-8 "You've got something on your collar..." *Points at tiny soda stain and attempts to clean it*
Endurance- 5 "I can go jogging with you... but I would rather not."
Charisma- 7 "I'm... kind of new at this "making friends" stuff, so please forgive me."
Intelligence- 9 "I really like reading. Oh, does anyone have a copy of Edgar Allan Poe's complete works I could barrow?"
Agility- 6 "Again, I can climb trees, jump kind of high and stuff like that... But I would rather not unless I have to."
Luck- 3 "I hate my luck..."

Again, I thank you for your consideration and time, I also apologize if I waste anyone's time due to this as well.
"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down."
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Don't worry, we all make mistakes. It's why we post to improve and contribute everyday! ^3^
And, going by your character sheet -- which is nicely written and organized, by the way -- I'm more than sure that you'll fit in with everyone here in Richmond Acres.

Anyhoo, going back to your reference sheet real quick, there's hardly anything wrong, or hardly anything that sticks out like a sore thumb from what I've read.
But that's just me ; you'll have to get the okay from the GM here, Esper, or receive the majority vote from the rest of the members here in the thread.

Either way, just take into account the forum rules and you'll be good to go!

Oh, and welcome to the forums! Sorry if I'm late in saying so. ^_^;;
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

He's already got my vote
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hint-Hint: has anyone done the math on those stats? I haven't. Any idea how he'll interact with the other characters?

Just things to think of, I haven't given enough thought to know anything about it. Carry on...
KogaShinigami

Post by KogaShinigami »

Rhyzer, that's very kind of you you to say. I'll do my best to be active, but with my "medical stuff" it can be hectic. As for the rules, as you can probably tell, I'm pretty strict on myself.

Thank you Esper. :D

Is there something wrong with K's stats, Raccoon? Do you think the other wouldn't prove of K'?
"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

KogaShinigami wrote:Is there something wrong with K's stats, Raccoon?
I don't know, I haven't even looked at them.
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

Hello there! I'd like to join your neighborhood, and was requested to ask permission on the Main OOC for the specif neighborhood I'd like to join. If you need my character sheet, let me know, please. And if I'm accepted into the neighborhood, could someone possibly fill me in on the storyline and residents before I get involved?

Thank you!
Apollo - M - Alaskan Husky (Dog) - Str-6 Per-7 End-5 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-5
KogaShinigami

Post by KogaShinigami »

Raccoon, you have just confused me more than I have ever been and I've spent half a year in mental ward. Fact. :lol: How could you not see them? Jk, it's all in good fun, no? However, I did use the outline you gave me after all, remember? :D

Apollo, I too just recently joined this neighborhood and this is what I know. Esper, the GM here, informed me that you must post a request and your character sheet on the OOC board of that neighborhood and either receive the okay from the GM or receive the majority vote from the rest of the members here in the thread. I myself have seen you character sheet and I like it, so I wish you luck with all your endeavors. :D As for the latter part of your request, I too would like to be informed on those two matters as well.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Koga> I'm just making sure the GM is doing his job: I try to give a few sentences going over what I've checked out about the sheet before approving it. Then I usually start talking colors with them...
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

==>Koga: Don't worry, K's stats check out all right, however he seems a little serious for a guy his age. Not saying this is bad, but there aren't any truly serious characters, so he might be a little alienated.

==>Apollo: Yes, we need the sheet. Basically anything you need to know is in the first post.
KogaShinigami

Post by KogaShinigami »

Esper- I see what you mean, however, I didn't attend for him to seen as serious, but sheltered. K's never had any real interaction with other people, so he's shy. He's overly polite because that's how all of the characters in the stories he's read talked. the list goes on and on. Regardless, if you feel that he will be too alienated, I can withdraw him. I do have another character, but he's "different" from most of what I've seen here...

Raccoon- Ah, I see. At first I thought you may have stated that there was an error, however I see what you mean now. Thank you, but needn't be so aloof with me. If you see something like that, you can tell me. I may be a broken human being with a dark view on reality, but I can still understand when someone is trying to be kind and helpful. :D I digress though, I think you're doing a good job at the GM on his/her toes. Though I suspect that you're quite good at keeping everyone their toes, no?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Oh oh oh oh! I see what you mean. I think he'll do well, but may I see the other one?
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

-Name- Apollo Wake
-Character Type- Main Character
-Species- Dog (Alaskan Husky)
-Age- 17 (Around 5 Human Years)
-Neighborhood- Richmond Acres?

-Appearance-
Apollo is a black and white Husky of average height, his build lithe and slim, like most other pets. Black fur covers his back, shoulders, back of the ears and head, the sides of his body, and the outside-facing parts of his legs and tail. White fur covers his belly, lower arms and paws, inner parts of the legs and tail, and most of the face. There is a black “mask” over his eyes and a bridge to his nose. His eyes are purple, as is his collar.
On occasion, mainly in the wintertime, he wears a yellow scarf and/or yellow earmuffs. His “tag” is a crescent moon.

-Personality-
The main way to identify Apollo is his bad stutter, which mainly triggers when excited. Apollo has a very eccentric, enthusiastic and energetic personality. He talks quickly when he’s excited and softly when saddened. . He plays the guitar and likes to write stories, often involving his strange infatuation with pirates. He collects rocks, which are displayed on shelves in the backyard shed he decorated as his “house”, filled with many of his eccentric fancies, which he finds completely normal.

-Other Notes-
He refers occasionally to family he was “adopted” to as a Pup, living with his two German Shepherd brothers. He lives as an only pet now in a shed in his owners backyard, furnished with makeshift things he apparently crafted in his spare time..

Strength- 6
Perception- 7
Endurance- 5
Charisma- 4
Intelligence- 7
Agility- 7
Luck- 5
Last edited by ApolloWake on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Two things: 1) The over analytical aspect of him just seems out of place and 2) His stats don't seem to add up to 42. Otherwise I think he's fine.
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

The stats add up to 41; the guidelines said they couldn't add up to over 42, but you don't have to use all of the points given.
KogaShinigami

Post by KogaShinigami »

Well, you are correct Apollo, I don't see anything saying you have to use all 42, but why would you handicap yourself, if I may ask?
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

I wouldn't call it handicap, necessarily, but originally the "Intelligence" stat was at an 'Eight', and I felt that might be a bit high. Though my character is intelligent, he's simple-minded and short-sighted, like a dog would be. So I took off one point and thought it seemed well enough~ :3
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Intelegence and simple-mindedness don't really mix though. Like I said, his overly analytical aspect seems out if place.
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

Intelligence as in booksmart, and as educated as a pet would be, but still naive and not exactly the wisest on common sense. Let me edit myself here on the "perspective and logical" part, I was trying to make the character more personal to myself, I think. Being a logical thinker, I tried to pass it on to my character, as it's more natural to myself personally. That does seem out of place, now that I think about it.
KogaShinigami

Post by KogaShinigami »

Ah, so that is the case. I believe, and this just me following me own base logic, but would naivety fall under more of a mental note? In example, intelligence is the sum of understanding in a person, but drive would be more mental. Let's say there's a genius character, however he never puts any effort into displaying it. If he was a character, would it make him less intelligent? No, but would make him lazy. :lol: You can be strong and never use it; you can be fast and never run. Again though, this is your character and I myself like him. I simply wished to share my thoughts.
Last edited by KogaShinigami on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

No, I understand what you mean. :D And you're right, that would fall under a mental note, or under laziness or something of that sort, I just figured it applied to intelligence more than any of the other stats provided. :lol:
So, is my character allowed to join the neighborhood, or is there some other thing I need to do first, or~?
KogaShinigami

Post by KogaShinigami »

What about perception? It is the ability to catch things of that manner to my understanding, along with other things.

Well, as stated before, either Esper has to give you the okay or get a majority vote in favor. I think Esper said you were fine, but don't act on my word as I have been incorrect in the past. If a vote is needed, you have mine.
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

I may have to make a couple changes, if it does call for it, the fine line between perception, naivety and intelligence is a bit weird in my character, so I don't have a straight-forward answer there. :?

And alrighty, we'll see how it goes, and thank you very much! :3
KogaShinigami

Post by KogaShinigami »

Ultimately, it is your decision to make. I'm thinking about creating a OC with SPS (Split Personality Syndrome) so can imagine the headache that is. But as a result of tinkering with it, I've been able to see things in a more personal way. So you will have to ignore me on some things, as I place a lot of personal thought onto it.

And do not thank me. I am just another dreamer within this world of nightmares. All I do is try to show that even in the dark, there is light. Yin and Yang. Oh, and you're welcome. :D
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

No reason to ignore someone's personal thoughts, that's something I always encourage. :) And SPS is something I suffer from, I suppose I could have described my character that way, but that would have seemed a bit Mary-Sue-ish, if I pranced in with that.

Though, an OC like that would be very interesting indeed~ :3
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I see I see I see... Well, given the low activity rate of RA, I'd say you both can jump right in. If you can find a way to start in, that is
KogaShinigami

Post by KogaShinigami »

And thus, that is where I need help. I need to know a few things:

One- what arc is the story on? Assuming that there is one.

Two- who is all here and where is the arc taking place at the moment? Are we in RA or near?

Three- What is the over all activity?
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

I second that. Thank you, by the way.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

One: Presently the characters Zanna, Doc, Moonbeam, and Tesla are on a "camping trip" and are currently located in the middle of the forest away from the main town.
And correct if I'm wrong but I believe Mercury and Travis are in town. I think.

Dos: As of now there are two groups. Zanna, Doc, Moonbeam, and Tesla are currently in a location near RA, but not in it. And Travis and Mercury are in town.

Tri: There are 1...2...3...4..5....6.7 ( i think) members currently active in this neighborhood, including you guys.

I also suggest you guys choose a talking color for your pet (if you havent already), it helps distinguish the dialogue from the rest of the text.

And... yep, thats it ^_^
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
XxCyberGamerxX

Post by XxCyberGamerxX »

hello i would like to join this neighboor. Its just i new and dont know how to make a app(or what ever its called) can someone tell me how plz (just message me plz because i too lazy to check back here) but not lazy to keep checking on the neighboor

Character Sheet for Alex Miller: A pitch black cat with blue eyes,hes sarcastic,hyper,smart,funny Why he moved to Richmond Acres: He move here because he's dad could't pay rent in there last place so they moved he still sad about losing his old friends but willing to make new ones....what now?

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent post, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
Gamers have lifes its called a 1-up.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

No. Try looking at examples in the Main OOC. That was simply not sufficient at all
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

XxCyberGamerxX wrote:hello i would like to join this neighboor. Its just i new and dont know how to make a app(or what ever its called) can someone tell me how plz (just message me plz because i too lazy to check back here) but not lazy to keep checking on the neighboor
Um... ok... I don't mean to scare you off, but if you're "too lazy" to check back in the OOC thread for the RP you want to join, then you might not get along too well here...
On top of that, I see you take the time to use alot of colors, but not to type out everything completely. It is general forum etiquette, especially on an RP forum, to type in full, clear english without using "netspeak" or other shortenings of words. Those things were invented for phones and early message protocols, where you had limited typing and data capabilities, or for IM when you want to talk really fast: on a forum they are unnecessary, and can hamper an RP.

If you would like some clarification on this, or some help with your posts in the future, please feel encouraged to PM me about it any time you feel like, as I would be happy to help you.
XxCyberGamerxX

Post by XxCyberGamerxX »

One:you can just ignore my post Two:I'll be more responsible if i join Three:I sent Tha Housefox my full OOC character
Gamers have lifes its called a 1-up.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

XxCyberGamerxX wrote:One:you can just ignore my post Two:I'll be more responsible if i join Three:I sent Tha Housefox my full OOC character
You did what when? I didn't get anything. D: