Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WolvenPaw15

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ren shook his head "I have the sense of a wolf, even if my senses were to be ramped up, I wouldn't be able to seperate his smell from the rest of them, the smell is there, but so are many others.... And... a dog without his sense of smell... Is hardly a dog at all..." he sighed, taking out his phone to check the time "In the future please buy a cell phone..." he then scrolled through an online directory list, finding Trigger's number and keying it in
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker walked over to the door and knocked a bit anxiously.

---------

The two cats finally passed Reno and Lucius, the scent of Iudex strong of on one of the cats but it was hard to differentiate which. it was only clear that one of them had at least come into contact with him.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger looked up and down the road, trying to recall the layout of the city in his mind. "Hmm... parks, I like parks. Wanna check those out? I think I saw one yesterday when I was on the b-" The sound of a ringing bell interrupted him.
"Sorry...phone call." Trigger grumbled, excusing himself from the group to walk a few step away and reach into his collar for his phone. And after quickly checking the caller I.D. he flipped it open just as the fourth ring...rang.
"Hey Reno, what's up?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Roarin wrote:"Hmm... parks, I like parks. Wanna check those out? I think I saw one yesterday when I was on the b-" The sound of a ringing bell interrupted him.
"Sorry...phone call."
Izarc nodded to the husky as he took a few steps away to take the call.
Roarin wrote:"Hey Reno, what's up?"
Izarc looked puzzled, who was this 'Reno'? Yet another pet he was possibly going to meet? It didn't exactly matter, as long as they find Iudex's 'master' then he can be back home in time for.. Whatever Katrina had in store for him back at the apartment...

Anyway, might be time to get to know this other cat a bit more.. Izarc thought.

"So, Iudex.." Izarc asked, trying to make idle chatter. "I have not come across name like yours before, what uh, language is from?"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Lucius feigned an indignant little huff, "Oh well, but I shall not buy a cell phone! They are simply unnecessary mor myself and Iudex would never actually use one." He stated, standing patiently
~~~
Iudex tensed up imediately as he heard Reno's name. The cat scrambled for an umrella in his bag, finally feeling the sun's presence. "Iu-Iudex's name Is in Latin. It means 'judge', Iudex's..." He paused, fumbling with the subshade, "Master... Gave it to Iudex. Iudex did not have one before him."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno cast a hatd glance at the cats, his nose picking Iudex's scent off of them, he put his paw over the phone "H-Hey wait a minute! I wanna talk to you two for a moment" he said loud enough for them to hear, before turning his attention back to the phone "Trigger... Something happend at the fair today, could you keep an eye out for Iu-..." he was cut short, his phone's battery had died "Thats not right I had just charged it..."
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Rek and Nat bother turned to Reno as he called out for them. The twin cats looked at each other for a second, exchanging confused glances before turning back to the dog. Both of them looked relatively confused as to why Reno would want to talk to them, but something felt off about one of them.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno shook his head before tucking the phone back into his collar, approaching the twin cats "Hey I'm sorry to bother you two, especially since you're strangers, but... I am looking for someone and... their scent is all over one of you..." he said looking between the two, something was odd about them, and Iudex's scent on them, there was something different there too, but he didn't want to question it...Have you seen a cat named Iudex?"
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Over one of us?" asked Nat curiously since she couldn't believe what he was saying. She looked over herself curiously wondering if it was just some stray fur that had somehow latched onto her or something. "Don't think so buddy." she said honestly with a shrug,

Rek however seemed a bit disturbed by the whole situation which could either be taken as panic from being found or confusion over how he could've ever come into contact with this Iudex he spoke of. "Yeah don't think any of us have seen your friend, buddy."

Nat then seemed to inspect Reno as if understanding how desperate he was to find Iudex. "Ummmm, we could maybe help you though." she then recommended to her brother.

Rek seemed taken aback by her sudden volunteer work.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nodded "Oh, thank you so much! Iudex means the world to me and I... I'm worried he might be in danger" he bit his lip trying to keep the bad thoughts away "I-I'm Reno, Reno Crawley" he held out his paw in greeting, he could at least greet them proper if they were going to help, if they could help hjim find Iudex, then he would gladly take the help
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Rek looked a bit unsure, as if he didn't want to get involved in Reno's affairs at all for some reason. "You sure Nat? I mean we have to do some things for Mom...." he said to her.

"Oh come on," retorted Nat before turning to Reno. "I'm Sonata, but you can call me Nat and that's my brother Requiem, Rek for short." she introduced with a smile. "Yeah I understand how you feel." she said emphatically which could've been mistaken for some kind of guilt.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno sighed "Well... I guess I will see you guys later maybe... if you find out anything try to find me ok, I live in that big hotel, hard to miss" he waved, he had a feeling those two knew more than they ;et on, but he felt he couldn't afford to find out just yet, he had a top priorty on his mind, and nothing else would be done until it was met "Iudex..."
Pet Friendly:
[;.]'/,\

Post by [;.]'/,\ »

Digital video comprises a series of orthogonal bitmap digital images displayed in rapid
successionCHARLIE VØCALIZED FOR Cruiser, MØVING Parker'S MØUTHat a constant rate.
In the context ofAS AUDITØRY COMMUNICATION WAS ADDED TØ THE FOOTAGE.video these
images are called frames.[2] We"HELLØ Cruiser.measure the rate at which frames are displayed
in framesI SEE YØU'VE FINALLY GØTTEN ARØUND TØ WATCHING THIS VIDEØ.per second (FPS).
Since every frameTHAT MAKES ME A HAPPY DØGGY !is an orthogonal bitmap digital image it
comprisesIT IS TØØ BAD THAT YØU DID NØT DØ WELL IN THATa raster of pixels. If it has a width
FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
of W pixels andGAME TØDAY, BUT PERHAPS YØU WILL DØ BETTER NEXT TIME !"a height of H
pixels we say that the frame size is WxH. Pixels have only one property, their color. The color of a
pixel isParker, WHØ WAS CHARLIE, GAVE Arepresented by a fixed number of bits. The more bits
SMILESMILESMILESMILESMILESMILEBIG FRIENDLY SMILE!SMILESMILESMILESMILESMILE
the more subtle variations of colors can beTØ SHØW HE CARED.reproduced. This is called the
color depth (CD) of the video. An example video can have a duration (T) of 1 hour (3600sec),
a frame size of 640x480 (WxH) at a color depth of
24bits and a frame rate of 25fps.
I AM WATCHING YØU. I AM A FRIENDLY FELLØW WHØ IS HERE TØ HAVE FUN! YØU LØØK FUNNY!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote: "Trigger... Something happend at the fair today, could you keep an eye out for Iu-..." he was cut short, his phone's battery had died "Thats not right I had just charged it..."
Trigger huffed. "Yeah, no kidding. I was this one ride and then-". *BEEP BEEP BEEP*.
"What the-? Hello? Reno? Hey!". With a befuddled look Trigger held the phone in front of him and read the small text blinking on the screen. "Lost connection? Great...". Trigger grumbled and walked back to the group. He tried again to no success and shrugged. "It was Reno. I was talking to him but... I lost signal or something.". He held his phone up in the air, attempting to get some bars. "Man..."

Ref Ref!
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Rek was about to take off right then and there before Nat stuck around and pulled him back. "Hey I'll go help this guy." she told him before turning to Reno. "Is that alright? If I stay and help?" she asked him.

---------

Parker seemed a bit offput being back at Cruiser's house. "Look, we just need to know that psychic friend of yours." he said bluntly.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

D-Singer wrote:But she knew she could not say the same for Scratch. She gripped her even tighter out of concern for what she may have been feeling, what fears may have been amplified tenfold by the contradiction to her earlier assurance that it was just some ordinary inanimate scarecrow.

“Scratch…?”
Scratch stared at the horrible monster as it exited the room, shivering and stiff, unable to move from the spot as she hyperventilated, staring in absolute terror until it exited the room. The moment the horrific apparition went out of sight, however, her muscles released and she exhaled deeply, relaxing against Zaya, still trembling with adrenaline... She closed her eyes and opened and closed her mouth a few times, tears starting to form in her eyes. She turned to bury her face in Zaya's fur again, crying a little. "What... What was that.... that thing?"

In the next room, Tom simply helped Raeon, wordless as he handed him what he asked for, his clothing rustling with a calming sound of wheat-fields blowing in the breeze. Something about him was oddly comforting to Plamen, like his presence spoke of a guardian whom he could trust to keep him safe and fed through the night. Now that he was standing and walking, he didn't look much like a scarecrow anymore: his features were more that of a human who just happened to look a bit scarecrow-ish, and it was clear that he was human now that he was up and moving. Still, he had that very nostalgic air to him, as if he might be something other than human under the skin, like a spirit of the warm hearth had been incarnated in his form..
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Esper wrote:Iudex tensed up imediately as he heard Reno's name. The cat scrambled for an umrella in his bag, finally feeling the sun's presence. "Iu-Iudex's name Is in Latin. It means 'judge', Iudex's..." He paused, fumbling with the subshade, "Master... Gave it to Iudex. Iudex did not have one before him."
Izarc was about to respond to Iudex when Trigger was shouting at his phone..
Roarin wrote:"What the-? Hello? Reno? Hey!"

"What is..?" The russian said as he turned to the husky.
Roarin wrote:Trigger grumbled and walked back to the group. He tried again to no success and shrugged. "It was Reno. I was talking to him but... I lost signal or something.". He held his phone up in the air, attempting to get some bars. "Man..."
"Signal? How that possible? I thought signal were good in city.." Mused Izarc, pulling out his own phone and checking his bars. "Yes, See? I be have all 'bars'" He added, showing Trigger his phone's screen.
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex breathed a shaky sigh, "Reno... " the cat tried to put on at least an air of his composure, "What did Reno say? I think he may have moved into an area without much reception, that gives us a clue as to where he is..." Iudex said unsure, he new of wireless communication, but lacked any knowledge on the subject
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

HarlequinRed wrote: ---------

Parker seemed a bit offput being back at Cruiser's house. "Look, we just need to know that psychic friend of yours." he said bluntly.
Marcus took a step forward so he was standing next to parker"That's pretty much the gist of it. We're not exactly sure where else to go for help with this. You may be willing to sweep this under the rug but we're getting to the bottom of it."
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger looked at Izarc's phone. "Hmm... weird. Maybe we have different service providers." He shrugged and turned towards Reno.
"I'm not sure where the dead zones are in this town either. Maybe we should just check the parks like we were going to. And figure out the places your owner frequents."

Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Roarin wrote:Trigger looked at Izarc's phone. "Hmm... weird. Maybe we have different service providers." He shrugged and turned towards Iudex.
"I'm not sure where the dead zones are in this town either. Maybe we should just check the parks like we were going to. And figure out the places your owner frequents."

Izarc nodded, then looked at his phone clock. He forgot he had that on it earlier..
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Also, what is time?"
*Sigh* Why are you worrying about Katrina? She's fine and back at home.. Why do I feel as if somthings off? The Russian thought, rubbing the tip of his cut ear again.

"It's ok, she'll be fine.." Izarc repeats quietly to himself..
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex finally managed to open his sunshade and held it close, "Yes, Let us go to the parks..." The cat said with less shake in his voice as he started to pad down the street. "Um... Trigger, if you do not mind, could you explain to Iudex what a "Dead Zone" is?" He asked in a mixture of true curiosity and a vague sense of lightness

((Was asked to change color))
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nods to Nat "T-Thank you, I would appreciate it..." he then sniffs the air a couple of times before shaking his head, he had lost the scent, he had to think, if he were Iudex where would he go... And to be honest he hadn't a clue "Caspian... Lets go to the park... I need to think, and that is where I get my best thoughts... I have lost Iudex's scent... and I need to think of where he would go..."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing a color-code typo
Pet Friendly:
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:In the next room, Tom simply helped Raeon, wordless as he handed him what he asked for, his clothing rustling with a calming sound of wheat-fields blowing in the breeze. Something about him was oddly comforting to Plamen, like his presence spoke of a guardian whom he could trust to keep him safe and fed through the night. Now that he was standing and walking, he didn't look much like a scarecrow anymore: his features were more that of a human who just happened to look a bit scarecrow-ish, and it was clear that he was human now that he was up and moving. Still, he had that very nostalgic air to him, as if he might be something other than human under the skin, like a spirit of the warm hearth had been incarnated in his form..
Plamen was patiently enduring the procedures, while his attention was focused on the strange figure in front of him. Back when he was living in the alleys as a stray, he heard stories about creatures, made by inanimate materials or even dolls being given life (if only for a while), but the one he was observing right now didn't quite match the description - he looked more alive than some of the humans he saw through his life.
After a while, with nothing more than curiosity in his mind and voice and when doctor Raeon was looking for something in some medical cabinet, the shepherd asked the figure quietly.

"Are you... alive?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Nat smiled warmly. "Heh no problem, Reno right?" she asked with a bit of chuckle. "Sorry, bad with names." she admitted as Rek shrugged.

"Alright, see you at home, call me if you need any help." said the male twin before leaving.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

The Moon Howler wrote:"Are you... alive?"
Tom looked up at the dog, a bit confused at the question, but then nodded...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nodded "Yeah, its Reno, You are... Nat right? I am decent with names, once I have become more familiarized with them..." he shrugged a bit, continuing to walk towards the park, he felt like he would figure it all out if he went there, it would clear his head, and the solution would be clear... He just hoped that Iudex was ok, and that he would find them before something else did
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Reno nodded "Yeah, its Reno, You are... Nat right? I am decent with names, once I have become more familiarized with them..." he shrugged a bit, continuing to walk towards the park, he felt like he would figure it all out if he went there, it would clear his head, and the solution would be clear... He just hoped that Iudex was ok, and that he would find them before something else did
Lucius was silent through the body of the conversation between Reno and the cats, Just looming in the background until he began to follow after the dog, "It is nice to meet you." The human said to Nat politely
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

She smiled and laughed a bit. "It's alright, so what happened to your friend?" she then asked Reno curiously.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Meanwhile...

Izarc and the others walked to the nearest park, along the way Trigger explaining what a 'Dead Zone' was to Iudex.

Izarc didn't really listen though.. He was still worrying about Katrina.

..Why are you so worried, Izarc? Just calm down.. If we don't find his 'master' by nine, just say you have to go home for somthing.. The russian thought, still rubbing the cut in his ear..

(O.O.C: Sorry to skip forward, guys, but I thought I should post somthing...)
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno paused for a moment, debating on rather or not to tell her the whole truth, or just part of it... "Well, we were at the carnival and the sun was getting to him, so I went to get him an umbrella... He had stepped to an alleyway close by to get out of the heat... I lost him for a second... but I figured out where it was... But when I got to where he was something shocked me pretty fiercly... When I came to I was in an ambulance... and he wasn't there..." he spoke softly, he told the truth, only half of it, but still the truth
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Woah weird," replied Nat, sounding worried but also sounding a bit stinted in a sense, as if she was trying to sound worried. "I hope your friend's okay." she then said.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno sighs a bit "I hope so too... If something happened to him... If he is hurt... I don't know what I'll do" he quickly shook his head "I think he will be fine, he is quite resourceful, he will figure something out..." he tried to put on a strong front, and even gave a small smile, but his ears and tail betrayed him, he was scared, and worried sick, he could even feel it in his stomach
Pet Friendly:
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Nat smiled, trying to give him hope as well. "Heh yeah, we'll find him though." replied the cat with a nod.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"... And to summarize, their basically just places where your phone can't make any calls.". Trigger nodded, hoping his explainafion was good enough.
He stopped at the entrance of a small park. It was populated by a few people here and there. The area was mostly composed of grass. There were walkways running through the small park, benches were dotted a measured distance away from each other, all (or most) were conveniently shaded by tall deciduous trees.
"Well, here we are. Park number one.". The dog began to look around

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno pads and stops, they were in front of the hotel..., they were by the parking lot "Nat... Are you good with motorcycles... And Caspien... you have a way to catch up to me right..." he reached into his bandana, and sure enough his keys were there, attatched to his room key "I will be able to cover more ground that way, and I will be able to keep my head clear if I do that..."
Pet Friendly:
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Roarin wrote:"... And to summarize, their basically just places where your phone can't make any calls."
Izarc had lulled out of his thoughts at this point, and stood at the front entrance of a small park.
Roarin wrote:"Well, here we are. Park number one." The dog began to look around
Izarc nods to Iudex and follows Trigger, trying to keep the neverending bad thoughts from creeping to his mind..

"Ok, Let us look.."
Character Reference
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Huh? Yeah I'm alright with em. You mean like riding right?" she then asked hesitantly since she never had experience driving them.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

HarlequinRed wrote:Parker seemed a bit offput being back at Cruiser's house. "Look, we just need to know that psychic friend of yours." he said bluntly.
Cruiser stood with his head leaning just slightly outside the front door, gripping to both the handle and the doorframe on either side of him for support. “Psychic friend? What are you talking abou-“

Cruiser stopped mid sentence, looking directly at Marcus...and his weird, lifeless looking eyes. In truth, Cruiser did not believe in, much less know of any psychics. But there was one dog he did have in mind. One he knew was acquainted to Marcus, and while not exactly a palm reader was definitely empathetic and wise. Close enough...

there was a brief moment of silence while Cruiser put two and two together in his head. “You mean Zaya? That who you’re looking for?” The young Dutch shepherd glanced over his shoulder at Harley, who appeared to be intently fascinated with whatever she was looking at on his camera.
--

“Yes.” Plamen’s question was also answered by Raeon, who was approaching him again with various sterile adhesives to close some of the many wounds which covered his patient. “Don’t ask how or why, because I do not know.” The vet proceeded to carefully work on some of the more serious lacerations on Plamen’s body, which by now he had verified were in fact inflicted by the teeth of another animal. With gentle precision, Raeon used a small razor to trim away tiny patches of fur around the injuries to expose skin for the adhesives to stick to.

“Not that there’s a need for explanation. He isn’t here to harm anyone, and he’s willing to help me heal you. That’s all that is relevant to either of us.” Or the pets waiting patiently outside for that matter...

--

Zaya struggled slightly with giving an answer that was neither a lie, or would serve to terrify Scratch any further.

“I...I’m not sure...” It was an honest reply, but it wasn’t very assuring. Right now that Scarecrow wasn’t even in the room, but Zaya knew Dr. Raeon was going to want to help Scratch by herself, alone, and with the very thing that had served to scare her to the point of crying...

She couldn’t let that happen. It would be almost no different than cornering an already injured and terrified animal. There was no telling how disastrous the outcome would be, especially considering Scratch was a raccoon. Zaya was probably the only solace she could find in the situation, the only one she knew and trusted to any minor degree.

With that in mind, the Borzoi was going to make sure Raeon understood that when he finished helping Plamen. She continued to hold Scratch in a close hug in a way a mother would to their frightened child, but also silently looking over to Skya. Trying to wordlessly convey a request to help...
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker didn't know who that was but assumed it was who they were looking for. "Yeah, her." he replied simply.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)