Re: Burning Desire: The Power Within

Post by MapleRatty »

...PLOT DEVELOPMENT!!!YYYYEEEEAAAHHHHH!!! :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

That tackle sounds like it hurt... :?
valerio

Post by valerio »

caught up!
Hmm, looks like there is a great development ahead for Bino... I like it where this is going 8-)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hmm, this next update is going to be good!

Bino is changing, Sandy is back, and Stealer knows too much... What else could happen!?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright everyone, a question I would like to ask.

What have you thought about the recent update lengths and how they were written? Copper expressed that he likes the update length I had two updates ago, even though I found it to be rather short for what I like to do.

So I tried writing the last update more like that one, just to see what you all think. The third and final update dealing with the Bino/Stealer stuff could go either way as far as length. It just depends on how much detail I decide to add at specific points.

So I'm going to ask you, what would you prefer? (This will not only affect the next update, but all future ones as well.) I'm writing for a little more limited audience than if I was to do so elsewhere, so I really want to try and write in a way most of you like.
(Before someone says "Write the way you want to write, not the way everyone wants you to write," I know. But I also want to keep you all happy. I must still listen to everyone and make compromises when I need to.)

Give me your honest opinion here, I won't bite. I promise. (Unless you poke me with a stick. I may bite then.)

Oh, and one more thing before I post this. I'm currently working on another fic, so I may not be quite as quick with my updates (not that I'm quick anyway). I'll try to make sure it doesn't hang me up though. Once I know what length to make my next update, I'll get right to work on it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, you know my opinion. :lol:

Just have fun with it.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

you do as you wish, easy. This is for fun, not for someone else's sake.
MOAR!
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

The length Is ok for me. (The two past ones as an instance) but if it chances a little is no problem for me.

The super extra long chapters are fun too but just every now and then cause if not I get lost.
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, I haven't gotten too much response to my question about length, so I just started writing and let the details fall where they may.

It's looking like it will be a longer update, probably twice as long as the last two were. (If I can put the amount of detail I want to in Bino and Kyira's conversation that is. That part has yet to form in my head.) I read over when Sammy told Bino about Ferno and Cinder, and found it to be rather rushed and not sounding at all like a conversation. So the conversations will be getting a little more in depth as I try to expand what I want to explain in them (And make them sound natural).

The length is just going to fall where it may, I have no minimum or maximum set for it. But the responses of Copper and Legendario have been noted, and I won't try to let any of my stuff get too long. In order to do this and keep up with the level of detail I want, I may be splitting future parts up.

Oh, and due to Hurricane Sandy, I'm currently stuck at home with nothing else to do but watch YouTube and write. So I should have it sometime soon. As long as I don't lose power.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Ouch... remember to save a lot!
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

It's all good, my computer is a laptop. Even if the power goes out, I have 4-5 hours of battery life if I set it to conserve. And we have a generator that could handle charging this I think.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hmm...
About the length update, I'm glad that you care about your readers and their opinion is precious to you. But remember that you also must have joy from your work. Making readers happy is important, but that must be fueled with self satisfaction from what you're doing.
Every writer has his own style of writing. You must determine what is yours so you can feel in yourself that you're doing a job the way you want. Though limited, each reader always has his own tastes. Some will prefer shorter updates, some longer. But what you like? What do you expect from your writing.
In my opinion, if you feel that you must write something longer, just go on with it. Don't stop yourself. let it go.
JeffCvt wrote:I read over when Sammy told Bino about Ferno and Cinder, and found it to be rather rushed and not sounding at all like a conversation. So the conversations will be getting a little more in depth as I try to expand what I want to explain in them (And make them sound natural).
As an author, you must not only look upon your work as a writer, but also like you were a reader. By having such doubts, you start to feel it. You're making progress.
But remember that by telling us what kind of conversation Bino will have with Sammy, you also spoil us what is going to happen.
I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

JeffCvt wrote: I read over when Sammy told Bino about Ferno and Cinder,
Karlos wrote:But remember that by telling us what kind of conversation Bino will have with Sammy,
Oh geez, I meant Stealer. I was talking about the conversation that took place in the last update, not a future one. *Feels like an idiot now*

But back to the point everyone is making about writing the way I want to, I want to write whatever length you all have a preference to.

There are many factors that go into me enjoying my writing, but length isn't one of them. All length comes down to for me is "Do I keep writing now or type it and post it?," not "I need to make this shorter/longer. How can I change my writing to do so?"

Like I have mentioned before, I had planned this whole Stealer/Bino story for one huge update, but then decided against it in favor of three smaller updates.

And I have an amount of give and take. If someone said they want 500 word updates, I would just flat out say no. Same thing if someone asked for a 50,000 word update. I have a length that I like to write at, and if people want shorter updates, I would write to the lesser extent of that length. If people wanted longer ones, I would write to the larger extent of that length.

Please understand I'm really only doing this because of my small audience here. As I mentioned before, I am also working on another fic right now. This fic isn't Housepets related and I plan on posting it on a sight that has a greater amount of people that visit it daily. Because my possible audience is so great, I don't care at all how long or short I'm going to make it. If someone doesn't like long stories, there is going to be someone else who does like them.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

Jeff, honest, this is YOUR work, it is only right that you post what *you* feel it should be posted. But if you want to play it on the prudence side, then write an extra-long one and then separate it in 2 or 3 chapters, just like I do. So you don't have to restrain yourself and you can have us read an amount of words neither too long nor too short.
What do you say?
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

I agree with Valerio, your updates are awesome, so any length will be awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So, a little shock value in this story. I'm hoping. *Crosses fingers*

Also, everything you think happened in this update did happen. Unless you think it didn't happen. Then it didn't. (In other words, several parts of this update are left for you to fill in for yourself. And there is no "correct" scenario for them yet. And there probably won't ever be.)

Enjoy

“What are you doing here?” Bino asked as he buried his head into him knees.

“I saw your dad drop you off. There weren’t any dogs around, so I decided to check up on you. You looked rather depressed when you were walking in here.” Kyria sat in front of him. “I heard about Fido. Is that what’s upsetting you?”

Bino turned his body away. “I just want you to leave. All I need is time to think. ALONE.”

Kyria got in front of him again. She wasn’t about to give up. “Why? You don’t need to be alone.”

Bino turned the other way. “You just won’t understand. No one will. Now leave me alone.”

Kyria didn’t move this time. “Not until you tell me what’s going on. I’m not trying to delve into your personal life, but I’m not just going to let you sit here and mope about whatever it is that I won’t understand.”

“Well, you can just stay there for all I care. I’m not going to tell you anything.”

“You’re still stubborn, even when you’re depressed. Fine, two can play that game.” Kyria sat in front of Bino once again. “I’m not going until you tell me something.”

“You’re annoying, you know that?” Bino spat out at her.

Kyria’s only response was to flash him a ‘you know it’ kind of grin.

-----

“How could you!? How!? How!?” Sandy said as she pounded on Stealer’s chest.

Stealer didn’t really feel it as he grabbed her and rolled over, meaning he was now the one pinning Sandy to the ground.

“Sandy, what is going on?” He asked while trying to keep her under control.

“It was you!” she screamed as she stated to cry. “You left me! I thought we were going to be together forever!”

Her fighting back started to die down. “You never came back from Kansas and I was so afraid. No one would tell me why you didn’t come back. I thought you didn’t want to be with me anymore.”

She had stopped fighting by this point and was simply crying. “Why didn’t you come back? All I wanted was for you to come back. I wanted you to hold me in your arms again. I wanted to see you every day, to fall asleep with you. You have no idea how scared I was that I wouldn’t see you again. The whole world seemed to fall apart around me. I- I-”

Sandy stopped when she realized that Stealer was hugging her. She hadn’t realized that he had gotten off of her and they were sitting up.

So she let him. And she cried while he rocked her back and forth.

Finally, after the embrace was broken, Stealer asked the first thing that had come to him mind when he saw her. “What are you doing here Sandy? Don’t tell me that you ran away from home.”

She shook her head. “No, we were visiting a friend near here. Mom and Dad let come over this way to try and look for you.”

Stealer hugged her again. “If I had known you felt like that, I would have gone back.” He then looked into her eyes. Those sapphire blue eyes that he loved to look into so much. “But if you wanted me back so bad, why did you say you didn’t want to see me any more right before I left for Kansas? I was truly hurt when you said that. That’s why I didn’t go back. I couldn’t stand the thought of going back if you didn’t love me.”

Her gaze fell toward the ground, afraid to look at Stealer as she said “I- I wanted to see how much you loved me. I- I was afraid.” She started to cry again as the memories of that day came back.

Stealer rubbed her back in an effort to try and calm her down. “Shhh. It’s alright. You don’t have to be afraid. Let’s go inside and talk, alright?” Sandy nodded as Stealer helped her get up and walked her into the house.

They both sat down on the couch. Stealer wiped a tear from Sandy’s eye. “Now why were you afraid?” He started asking. “What made you want to see how much I loved you? Did I do something wrong?”

Sandy shook her head in response.

“What was it then?” Stealer put his paw on Sandy’s, just to let her know she could tell him.

She took a deep breath in, and spoke so quietly that Stealer almost couldn’t hear her. “I- I was so afraid. I thought that I was pregnant. I thought that you would stop loving me if you found out we were going to have a litter of unplanned puppies. All I wanted to see was you come back and still have that spark in your eyes that I would see whenever you looked at me. I just wanted to know you would love me no matter what.”

Stealer sat in stunned silence at what she had just said. When he was finally able to find his voice he sputtered out, “Y- You were p- pregnant!?”

Sandy shook her head once again. “That’s the worst part.” She started to tear up once more. “After you left, my parents took me to the vet to be checked out, to make sure the puppies would be alright. Only, they did some tests, and then said I wasn’t pregnant. The home pregnancy test that I used had been a false positive.”

“Oh, Sandy.” Stealer said as he let her fall into his arms. “I can’t imagine what that must have been like.”

“I had just told the love of my life that I thought we should stop seeing other, possibly destroying our relationship, and it was all for NOTHING!” She yelled as she brought her fist down on Stealer’s leg.

He didn’t really feel it, some of it due to the fact that Sandy wasn’t very strong, most of it due to the fact he was feeling too much guilt at this point to feel anything else. “It must have been so much worse for you when I didn’t come back.”

“I felt so alone. Betrayed. I didn’t know what to do.”

“Well, you don’t have to be alone anymore.” Stealer reassured her. “I never stopped loving you, and I never will. Whatever happens, you can always tell me. ALWAYS. Don’t ever forget that.”

“I won’t.” Sandy said through her tears. “Never again.”

As they sat on the couch, Stealer holding Sandy as she cried, probably letting her emotions go for the first time since when he didn’t return from Kansas, he couldn’t help but let his mind wander back to Jiff. To the promise that he had made to help protect Babylon Gardens.

What am I going to do now? I can’t just let Sandy go now that I know she actually loved me this entire time. But I can’t just turn my back on this town either. Jiff trusts me.

“Screw it.” Stealer said to himself. “I’ll think about it tomorrow.”

“What?” Sandy asked as she finally started to calm down.

Stealer stood up. “Come on. We’re going to go somewhere private and spend the night there, just you and me.” He grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the house.

“Where are we going?” Sandy asked as she was pulled through the unfamiliar streets of Babylon Gardens.

“There’s a club called the Good Ol’ Dogs’ Club in this town. The clubhouse should be empty tonight. That’s where we’re going.”

-----

Kyria and Bino stared into each other’s eyes, their noses nearly touching. Kyria had a cocky grin, and Bino a look of intense furry and concentration.

“I’m still not leaving. It’s too funny watching you try to stare me down.”

“AHHHH!!” Bino cried as he broke away. “What will it take to make you leave!?”

Kyria decided to tease Bino by assuming the ‘thinker’ position with her paw under her chin and said, “Hmmm… Well, maybe you could tell me why you were here in the first place. You know, the thing I said I would leave if you told me.”

Bino turned his head away, much like a child having a hissy fit. “Forget it. I’m not telling you what happened between me and Fido and that’s final.”

One of Kyria’s eyebrows went up in curiosity. “You’re not telling me what happened? I just thought you were upset because he got hurt. I didn’t know anything had happened between you two.”

Bino froze, realizing his mistake. “Oh shoot.”

Kyria decided now was the time to have a little physical contact. She put her paw on his shoulder. “Bino, what happened? You aren’t fooling me and I’m not going until you come out with it.”

Bino pulled his shoulder away. “Why don’t you just leave me alone? Don’t you have anything better to do than bug me?”

Kyria pulled back and sighed. “Bino, on the off chance you couldn’t figure it out when I kissed you at the party, I like you. I know you don’t really like cats in general and probably don’t have the same feelings toward me that I have toward you, but don’t be like this. I promise that I’m not here to learn what happened so I can go tell all of the neighborhood cats. I want to help you.”

Bino let out his own slightly annoyed sigh. “Listen Kyria, this is a personal matter that I’m dealing with. I-” He seemed to chose his next few words carefully. “I appreciate you trying to help me, but I don’t need it.”

He looked up to see Kyria offering him a can of soda.

“Fine then, if you really feel that way, I’ll go. But at the very least, take this. You could use it.”

Bino eyed the can in Kyria’s hand with suspicion. “You got that from where we keep the party supplies, didn’t you?”

“Just drink it.”

Bino didn’t hesitate to take the can and open it, but he made sure to only take a few small sips. “You’re annoying, get in the way, don’t know when to quit, and I wish you would just leave me alone. But I guess you’re not that bad. For a cat. Sometimes.”

“I’ll take that as a complement.” Kyria said as she walked toward the door. “Have fun here all by yourself. Just like you wanted.”

Bino took another small sip from the can.

“Wait!” he cried right as Kyria reached the door. “Before you go, just tell me one thing. Why are you so attracted me?”

This question took Kyria by complete surprise, but she happily answered it after thinking for a few moments.

“Why? Well, I guess at first I just thought you were cute.”

“… cute.” Bino muttered to himself with disappointment.

Kyria, not having heard him, continued. “But it quickly became more than that. I found out that most of the town’s cats thought of you as a jerk. And I saw why, you were one.”

Bino proceeded to curl into a ball.

“But I also saw something more. I saw a really sweet and brave guy deep inside of you. And it seems that I wasn’t wrong. He came out when that giant dog attacked in the park. You tried to save me even though you didn’t have a chance. And he also came out a minute ago with that complement… thing you gave me. There is so much more to you that you don’t even know, and I guess that’s what I like.”

Bino uncurled and picked up his soda. He then proceeded to chug the mostly full can in one go.

“Maybe I’m not completely hopeless.” He said to himself with a smile when he was done.

If Kyria heard that statement, she didn’t let on as she said, “Listen, let’s go upstairs and talk. It seems like you may be ready to, and it’ll seem more private up there.”

Bino, do to either the fact Kyria had seen in him what he couldn’t even see in himself, or his slightly intoxicated state (Or probably both), agreed. The fact they were going upstairs did seem to make the whole thing just a little more private too.

As the two talked upstairs, they didn’t hear Stealer and Sandy enter, or hear them move to the far corner of the room where they eventually fell asleep in each others arms.

-----

Bino woke up to find himself uncomfortably close to Kyria in the bed that was on the second floor of the GODC clubhouse.

He remembered coming up the stairs last night and sitting down at the end of the bed so he could talk with Kyria, but not much else. It was all just a blur, probably because of the soda he had right before he had come up the stairs.

Disturbed by Bino’s movements, Kyria woke up a second later. Of course, Bino had moved to the other side of the bed by now.

“Listen Kyria,” Bino started. “I don’t know what happened last night. Everything after coming up the stairs is pretty much a blur to me, and I have no idea how we ended up falling asleep next to each other. So can we just keep this between us?”

Kyria was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. “Strangely enough, I can’t remember much either. Not that I would tell anyone if I did.” She looked at the clock that was on the wall. “I should probably get home now. Mom and Dad are going to be up any minute and it they find out I was out all night, they’re going to kill me.”

As both pets left the clubhouse, neither noticed the two dogs lying in the back corner, still sleeping.

-----

Stealer shot up when he heard a bang from somewhere in the room.

“What’s going on?” Sandy asked, having been woke up by his sudden movement.

“I thought I heard something.” He said while looking around. “Something like a door slamming shut.”

Sandy moved in closer to him. “You weren’t having a nightmare now, were you?”

“No.” Stealer chuckled. “Not with you finally sleeping beside me again, although we should get back to Fox and Bill’s house. They’ll get worried if they see I’m not in bed. If they haven’t already noticed.”

“But I want to stay right here.” Sandy said, leaning her head on his chest. “It’s so warm and comfortable.”

Stealer rolled his eyes. “Alright, but just for a few minutes.” He could feel his cheeks turning red.

Sandy moved in close and enjoyed the end of the first night she had spent with Stealer in what seemed like years.

-----

Sandy and Stealer both walked into Officer Bill’s house to see him talking with Sergeant Ralph.

Bill looked over at Stealer with surprise. “Stealer? I thought you were still sleeping.”

“Well, you see…” Stealer didn’t know where to start. “Um… I guess I should start by introducing you to Sandy.” He said as he stepped aside. “Her owners were staying near here for a few days and let her come and try to find me. It turns out that we had a… misunderstanding when I was leaving for Kansas. We actually spent the night in the clubhouse, so that’s why I wasn’t in bed.”

“Oh, well Ralph and I were just talking about how we should start our search for the dog that attacked Fido yesterday.”

Stealer found it a little strange how Bill just brought up a completely different subject even though he just brought a strange dog into the house. “Alright… Well, how’s that going then?”

Ralph spoke up. “We just found a dog that matches the description Fido gave perfectly. So close that I’m positive it’s the same one.”

“Already?” Stealer asked.

Ralph nodded as he approached Sandy, then grabbed her paws and held then behind her back. “Miss, I’m afraid you’re under arrest for the assault of a police dog.”

END
Last edited by JeffCvt on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

What a twist! :lol:

Oh, silly misunderstandings. I wonder how Ferno got to her. :roll:

The Brothers 3 should be the Cat Lover Litter. ;)
My characters
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

:o
Steler is not going to let them get her that easy! he'll fight..right?

The Plot = awesome!

I saw a mistake in.
Sandy's dialogue with Stealer "No, we were visiting a friend near hear" and I think thats all.
valerio

Post by valerio »

heh, this was much interesting. And poor Bino: c'mon, boy, you'll have to DEAL with it one day or another! *imagines Joey and Fido slapping him on the back and grinning widely*
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

copper wrote:Oh, silly misunderstandings. I wonder how Ferno got to her. :roll:
legendario13 wrote:Steler is not going to let them get her that easy! he'll fight..right?
Who said this was ever going to turn ugly?

valerio wrote:And poor Bino: c'mon, boy, you'll have to DEAL with it one day or another! *imagines Joey and Fido slapping him on the back and grinning widely*
I laughed so hard at that for some reason.
And just trust me on this, things are going to get much worse for Bino in the future.

legendario13 wrote:I saw a mistake in.
Sandy's dialogue with Stealer "No, we were visiting a friend near hear" and I think thats all.
What mistake? Go look, it says "here." Ignore the fact that I just edited the post right before I posted this one. It was correct this entire time. I swear. I don't ever make mistakes. EVER. FOR THE REST OF TIME.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
SilentPrincess828

Post by SilentPrincess828 »

JeffCvt wrote:I don't ever make mistakes. EVER. FOR THE REST OF TIME.
I found a few.
JeffCvt wrote:As they sat on the couch, Stealer holding Sandy as she cried, probably letting [he] emotions go for the first time...
JeffCvt wrote:Bino, [do] to either the fact Kyria had seen in him what he couldn’t even see in himself, or his slightly intoxicated state (Or probably both), agreed. The fact they were going upstairs did seem to make the whole thing just a little more private too.
I swear there were a few more even ;) but I wasn't able to find them again. :P
Last edited by SilentPrincess828 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same.
http://silentprincess828.deviantart.com
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

@Jeff

Im paranoid man!
But thanks for the clarification, im more calm no-....

ok...maybe my eyes tricked me there... :oops: :?

and...maybe again?
SilentPrincess828 wrote: I swear there were a few more even ;) but I was [unable] to find them again. :P
...got ya'?

(just me, getting in other's conversations, you know the usual)

Edit: !!Any mistake that I may have commited was TOTALLY intentional!!
SilentPrincess828

Post by SilentPrincess828 »

legendario13 wrote:
SilentPrincess828 wrote: I swear there were a few more even ;) but I was [unable] to find them again. :P
...got ya'?
Lol, that's what I get for rushing... :P
You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same.
http://silentprincess828.deviantart.com
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

As many of you know, Thanksgiving in coming up in the United States. As a bunch of you may not know, I am going to be marching with my band in one of the nationally televised parades that will happen on that day.

For me, this means I will have a mind numbing 18 hour bus ride there and back. (Not on the same day. We are staying there for a week.)

I was thinking of something I could try to do for you all AND thinking of things I could do on the trip to and from the parade. Then it hit me, I could kill two birds with one stone by writing! And not just writing anything, but writing whatever you all want me to write!

I'm not going crazy, I'm not going to write a bunch of stories for every person who E-mails me, but rather see what you all would like to see me write.

What I'm going to do is first have you all send me E-mails or PMs with story ideas. I will then put these ideas up and have you all vote to see what I write while on my trip.

And if you noticed, I will also be accepting E-mails, so anyone who is not a member of the forum can still participate. Yay!

Alright, rules for submitting story ideas:
1: I am expecting these ideas to be Burning Desire or Housepets themed. It's not that I don't want to write anything else but... I don't really want to write anything else.
2: No OCs. Only Rick's and my characters.
3: Keep it within the PG-13 limit of the forum. I shouldn't have to tell you that, but I did anyway.
4: All submissions for ideas due by Friday. Early Saturday morning I will be putting up the vote for which one I write.
5: This story will be NON CANNON with mine, so be as creative as you want. It won't have any actual impact on the story and I won't reject it for straying too far from mine.
6: I have the right to reject any idea for any reason. I won't be rejecting it because it strays too far from my story line or anything like that. The only reason I would reject an idea is that I don't know enough to write about it.
7: All entries must be submitted to me via PM or sent to the E-mail account [email protected]. Only one entry per person.

I will gladly answer any questions. Don't be afraid to ask if you don't know.

On Saturday morning, I will be posting a link where you can go and chose what story you would like to see done. The voting will happen over Saturday and Sunday, then close Sunday at my Midnight because I leave on Monday.

I hope this turns out to be successful seeing how those who aren't members can still participate. :D
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sounds interesting. Look in the Wild Mass Guessing Thread in The Comic and pick any of my guesses there. :P
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

*Suggestion taken seriously*

I got it all picked out. You will all just have to wait and see which one I picked.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

JeffCvt wrote:*Suggestion taken seriously*

I got it all picked out. You will all just have to wait and see which one I picked.

Oh you sneaky dude, you. I wonder which it could be. 8-)
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hey everyone, I've only received two entries for story ideas so far. One of them being Copper's suggestion three posts above this one that he never intended for me to take seriously.

Friday, November 16, at midnight (my timezone) will be the latest I accept any ideas. I can't afford to go any further than that because I am getting on the bus for the 10+ hour ride on Sunday at midnight (It might even be a little earlier), so I may have to cut off the voting before I leave the house because I won't have access to the internet through any other means than my phone.

If I let ideas come in later than that, I feel there won't be an acceptable amount of time to let people vote.

So come on guys. Anyone can send me a suggestion. Through PM or E-mail at [email protected] (For non-forum people who may read my fic). And feel free to send me anything you want. If you would like to see me write about Kyria and Stealer going on a date or something, go on and suggest it. If you would like me to write a Grapenut fic, go ahead and suggest it. If you want to see me write something purely for the sake of comedy, suggest it. I'd like to have more than just two suggestions for when you all vote to see what I write.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hey, who ever said I was not being serious or lazy! :evil:

Oh fine, want another idea?

Do a family reunion story of Joey, Fido, and Bino having a dinner with their parents, who live in the next town.Catching up, telling what they have been up to and such. Should be interesting.
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well that's all good, but...
JeffCvt wrote:7: All entries must be submitted to me via PM or sent to the E-mail account [email protected]. Only one entry per person.
Sorry, but I'm going to go with the first one seeing how it was, well... First.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

:P I thought you were desperate, so I was trying to help out.

I read rules all the time.... yes, that's it.
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, I guess I'm going to go forward with just two suggestions.

Suggestion 1: Bino goes off at Rex for not acting like a big and tough looking dog should, and Jiff has to get involved to calm things down.

Suggestion 2: Copper's "Wild Mass Guess." I'm not going to say which one because if this does win, the comedy value will be so much better if you don't know what's going to happen.

Sooooo... yea.
To vote, follow the link here.

I actually made this at about 8:00pm (And was going to adjust it if I got another suggestion before the cut-off) and for some reason already have a vote despite the fact I haven't given the link yet.

But anyway, I've never actually used this websight before. So I'm hoping it works fine.
If, for some reason, you can't cast your vote on it, send me an E-mail ([email protected]) or PM with your vote and I will add it.

Remember, vote before Sunday. Midnight (Eastern timezone) or a little before will be the cut-off.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

voted for Copper's WMG. One, because I trust Copper's cool factor, and two because (alas) the other idea is being developed by Karlos already in his ficcie.
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote:...and two because (alas) the other idea is being developed by Karlos already in his ficcie.
It's true that idea of Bino shouting at Rex was shown in my work. But I don't see a problem if someone else will do something similar. After all, my writing is just a fan work based on a webcomic.

And... alas?
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well, Karlos, I just meant that, so far in the ficcieverse, this argument between Bino and Rex has never come out. You have introduced it (in awesomeness as usual), and I'd prefer to see another idea being used in Jeff's fiction since we have that option.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

What, are you saying I couldn't make a good quality argument between Bino and Rex? That I couldn't make it original just because the same basic idea has been used before, even though I have a basic plot that would turn this idea into my very own? Is that what you're saying?

Actually, I do see what you are saying. Before I decided to let this idea be voted on, I asked Karlos if it would be alright to use should it win. I understand where you are coming from, and there is a lot to be said for being original too.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

JeffCvt wrote:What, are you saying I couldn't make a good quality argument between Bino and Rex? That I couldn't make it original just because the same basic idea has been used before, even though I have a basic plot that would turn this idea into my very own? Is that what you're saying?

Actually, I do see what you are saying. Before I decided to let this idea be voted on, I asked Karlos if it would be alright to use should it win. I understand where you are coming from, and there is a lot to be said for being original too.
you are taking this completely the wrong way, and I am truly sorry for not expressing myself correctly.
I only thought that, having a choice between two plots, and knowing you'd do an excellent job with both of them, I'd personally (meaning that of course I am speaking for myself *only*) like to see you developing the other choice now, leaving the Bino/Rex argument for another time. It wasn't absolutely an attack against your abilities or originality.
And this said, I'll just shut up.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh jeez, you took that the wrong way. I was just trying to exaggerate and be funny. I had just watched this before I made that post. Sorry for the confusion, I know you were speaking your opinion and no harm was meant at all.

What I was trying to say is that I understood where you were coming from. You had absolutely nothing wrong with what you said or how you said it. I need to be more careful when I try to exaggerate something to be funny.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

no prob.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, voting is done.

To all 4 of you who voted, I thank you. The winner was Copper's wild mass guess. I shall work on it through the week and hopefully have it by Saturday or Sunday.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yay! I get to see which of the many I have in there you picked! I hope it is not one of the three or four that have already been done. :roll:
My characters