Series of Neighborhoods with Metapets?

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Series of Neighborhoods with Metapets?

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I also think that, to make things more interesting, each character should have a weakness or limit to their primary power which would reduce the score in certain circumstances.

for example, my character's teleportation has a charging period, so he'd have a high teleportation score if he hasn't used it in a while (like a 10 in teleportation at the beginning of the day) then it would go down 3 points if he teleports a long distance, or stay the same if he only teleports a short distance, like if he teleports behind an opponent in close combat.

or maybe a 10 in perception would be completely useless on a villain with telepathy who could hide his presence. or a 10 in gadgetry is reduced with a villain who can produce an electromagnetic pulse (assuming at least one of the gadgets is electronic instead of mechanical like a grappling hook)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

hmm, weaknesses are definitely the trickiest question here.
I mean, each weak point should be subjected first to the character's creator and then, eventually, approved by the GM. For example, as I stated once, a misuse of powers to maim an innocent could cause a severe psychological trauma and make him unable to go over a certain limit even if the character has a higher potential.
And then there is the 'inborn limit' -magic is, usually, the ultimate power-killer. It takes brains other than muscle to fight a wizard. If one character gets empowered from the sun, darkness is perfect. Even a simple allergy could be a killer for our hero... Again, one can get really creative with the weaknesses. As long as they are coherent with the character, there's no need to set a rules for them. Rules are good for the power scale, to define a limit to the power.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Weaknesses give characters extra points to spend. Superman picked up a weakness to a rare element and got a bit more power in exchange.
Weaknesses on specific abilities would mean you nerf one aspect to boost another, like giving a character a few points in transformation, then tossing on a set of arbitrary time-limits and picking up better ability with it in exchange.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:so I guess teleportation would correlate to a high speed score, yes?
No. That's a new field.

These are not rigid fields, they are examples.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well you said movement of any kind.

but yeah, I realized this, which is why my weakness post involved me mentioning a teleportation score.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Also because teleportation isn't the same as super-speed. So, it wouldn't affect the agility attribute.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

I know that you guys are still debating over the weaknesses and stuff but do we have any sort of Stat chart set up yet? Like the normal S.P.E.C.I.A.L. but with more stats?
Yes, I am a furry.