Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Sleeping 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 pm
Posts: 1686
Images: 2
Location: Manisnowba Canada
Post Re: Sleeping
listening to cat purring is the best sleeping pill you can ever get.
I sleep about 8 hours every night.

_________________
Don't quote me
If you got something to say, you should say it or it's just gonna tear you up inside.
Just call me Winston Frank Marcus True Hyper Dark Chaos Joselito Trey Masuru Walker Texas Cat
Image
Image
Last edited bytexascat018 on empty void of time


Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:55 pm
Posts: 1013
Location: On the island of Nunya. Nunya business!
Post Re: Sleeping
The sound of a freight train passing by has always been my lullaby. :P

No joke.

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2051
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: Sleeping
good music is the best sleep aid I can hope for.

Mostly this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPWNsGFXCZk

It always chills me out and puts me in a good mood. And, its lyrically perfect too!

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:23 am
Posts: 492
Location: The Shadowy Parts of the Pride Lands
Post Re: Sleeping
I like going to sleep reading a book, though sometimes I can't sleep because I have to find out how the story ends.

_________________
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!


Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:09 pm
Posts: 1603
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: Sleeping
Large stuffed animals make great back-support pillows while you're sleeping. I sleep with every single little light turned off in my room (I even turn my satellite box off). I'll sleep with the TV on if I've got a case of the sniffles though. And no matter how cold it is, I always have my ceiling fan on for air circulation and white noise.

_________________
Let me tell you about Homestuck.


Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 pm
Posts: 271
Location: stuff.ville
Post Re: Sleeping
sleep is such a beautiful word

it soars in my mind like a beautiful bird

if sleep were food IT'S A DISH I'D DEVOUR

EVERY HOUR

Except I can't.

:I

_________________
*cough*


Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:23 am
Posts: 492
Location: The Shadowy Parts of the Pride Lands
Post Re: Sleeping
Beagle wrote:
Large stuffed animals make great back-support pillows while you're sleeping. I sleep with every single little light turned off in my room (I even turn my satellite box off). I'll sleep with the TV on if I've got a case of the sniffles though. And no matter how cold it is, I always have my ceiling fan on for air circulation and white noise.

This is exactly what I do minus the stuffed animals! I don't like having the fan off or the air feels to still or something. Also white noise is amazing, when I was little I used to listen to a random tape when I went to sleep but now I have a white noise maker instead. My favorite one to sleep to is rain, but it has a heartbeat feature that I get to use to scare people on Halloween by playing out the Tale Tell Heart by Edgar Allen Poe.

_________________
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!


Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:09 pm
Posts: 1603
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: Sleeping
Zukio wrote:
Beagle wrote:
Large stuffed animals make great back-support pillows while you're sleeping. I sleep with every single little light turned off in my room (I even turn my satellite box off). I'll sleep with the TV on if I've got a case of the sniffles though. And no matter how cold it is, I always have my ceiling fan on for air circulation and white noise.

This is exactly what I do minus the stuffed animals! I don't like having the fan off or the air feels to still or something. Also white noise is amazing, when I was little I used to listen to a random tape when I went to sleep but now I have a white noise maker instead. My favorite one to sleep to is rain, but it has a heartbeat feature that I get to use to scare people on Halloween by playing out the Tale Tell Heart by Edgar Allen Poe.

Exactly. I hate the stillness of the air. And I have a rain track on my iPod that I listen to if I ever sleep over at someone's house.
For the record, I have one large penguin, I don't sleep with tons and tons of stuff in my bed. :P I have a large body pillow and a regular pillow (for more back support). I'm pretty cacooned when I sleep, and I only have a twin-sized bed.

_________________
Let me tell you about Homestuck.


Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:23 am
Posts: 492
Location: The Shadowy Parts of the Pride Lands
Post Re: Sleeping
Beagle wrote:
I'm pretty cacooned when I sleep, and I only have a twin-sized bed.

One thing that I love doing in the winter is to take the blankets and make a nice small cocoon. That, the fan, and white noise make for the best night of sleep in my opinion.

_________________
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!


Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:11 pm
Posts: 474
Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina
Post Re: Sleeping
Sleep, what is sleep. They don't let us that that in college D:

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:17 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: Sleeping
I hate sleep. All I can think about are the minutes and hours that slip on by, dropping into the fiery pits of the past. I wish I didn't have to sleep. It'd be like a superpower- never be tired.


Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:38 pm
Profile
Extremerator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 3958
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Post Re: Sleeping
Sleeping is probably my worst skill and I get worse every day

_________________
Image
Image Image


Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:33 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:17 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: Sleeping
Not that I -like- sleeping... in fact, I hate it, but my favorite way to go to sleep is by turning on a box fan. It blocks out all the other minor noises, and your brain tunes IT out, and since no other noises can get through... it's like perfect silence, but without that annoying ringing.


Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 pm
Posts: 576
Images: 2
Location: Guess, and win...mmm..a hug.
Post Re: Sleeping
Heavy Rain. Period.

_________________
A moment of enlightenment...and it's gone
Image
Image


Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 am
Profile
Extremerator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 3958
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Post Re: Sleeping
legendario13 wrote:
Heavy Rain. Period.

There's a really spiffy pet adoption center nearby that has a stream of constant running water on the glass ceiling of every pen. Apparently the white noise keeps them relaxed. I want one too.

_________________
Image
Image Image


Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 pm
Posts: 576
Images: 2
Location: Guess, and win...mmm..a hug.
Post Re: Sleeping
CaptainPea wrote:
There's a really spiffy pet adoption center nearby that has a stream of constant running water on the glass ceiling of every pen. Apparently the white noise keeps them relaxed. I want one too.


Oh god, that would be so cool and its soooo necessary for me.

_________________
A moment of enlightenment...and it's gone
Image
Image


Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Angleterre
Post Re: Sleeping
If I'm focused on basketball, then 'Every minute you're asleep, someone else is getting better than you'

If you go and injure yourself in practice like I did yesterday, thenzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.