Housepets: Matt

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Re: Housepets: Matt

Post by _Stu_ »

great job Karlos! I'd like to draw something but the laptop died of an unknown dead (broken battery)

well done by the way! :D
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

congrats on the 20,000 dude.

and I'm not sure we could handle more frequent updates of this awesomeness :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote:Happy happy joy joy, Karlos, hope you reach your 30,000th very soon :D :D :D
Thanks! It won't be easy task, especially when looking at your view count =). But I believe that together we can reach it.
JeffCvt wrote:I'm glad to see that you are going to try and update more often. You do a good job with everything that you put out and I would love to have more to read.

But please don't stress over it. It's true that some people may be able to do a lot of stuff in addition to school and work, but other people may not be as good at it.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I also had similar problems like yours - I had school and diploma to finish and I drained me so much that I had to go for one weekend to total wilderness and then to Slovenia to charge my batteries.

But you see, I have this problem that I tend to drift off when I do something. Instead of focusing on my job, I get distracted, which result in slow work and that led me often in completing everything last minute.
My mentor who was checking my photos during check ups from other lessons told me that I have great potential in doing wonderful pictures, but I must me pushed by someone to do them because I don't focus enough. He told me that it worries him because after school I'll be on my own and he gave me an advice to be more strict for myself. And that's what I have to do. I know I can do so much, but I must work harder on that and not allow myself to be lazy, even when I have school job or other thing. I cannot allow distraction to take control over what I do, I must work on my focus. That also includes my fan fic. After all, my skills evolve and to work over my experience, I must give myself new challenges. Working over my distraction will be one of them.
And I believe it is possible since I know deep in myself that I can write one update in one evening or two. I just have to fight lazyness.
JeffCvt wrote: Know your limit, I don't want to see you end this fic because you tried to update it more often.
Don't worry, Jeff. I won't change myself all of a sudden, such process takes time and I have to do that step by step, also being careful to not damage my current writing style. But if I will fall into any crisis, I'm sure that you and other readers will help me out. I trust you.
JeffCvt wrote:And now that I have that out of the way...
Congrats on the 20000 views!! Every single one of them is deserved!
Thank you =) I appreciate every single of them, including yours =)
_Stu_ wrote:great job Karlos! I'd like to draw something but the laptop died of an unknown dead (broken battery)
If you will feel like drawing something for me, know that I will feel very honored to receive something that came from your hand. Of course I will never persuade you to do that, because It's something that an author must deserve it first and it also depends only from you. But if you will decide to make something, I will always give you something nice in return =) I cannot draw, but it can always be a humble text or a nice photo ; )
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:congrats on the 20,000 dude.

and I'm not sure we could handle more frequent updates of this awesomeness :lol:
Brent, I'm sure that as long as we have you, your wisdom, and that famous grin that is so polar popular in Post Pic of Yourself topic, we can handle everything =)
Thank you very much, Brent =)
Last edited by Karl on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a bookworm!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Karlos wrote:that famous grin that is so polar in Post Pic of Yourself topic
you mean this one?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Karl

Post by Karl »

Yap. This one :)
I'm a bookworm!
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Karlos wrote:If you will feel like drawing something for me, know that I will feel very honored to receive something that came from your hand. Of course I will never persuade you to do that, because It's something that an author must deserve it first and it also depends only from you. But if you will decide to make something, I will always give you something nice in return =) I cannot draw, but it can always be a humble text or a nice photo ; )
You worry too much :lol:

It's little and silly, also i'm quite late, but here it is! And congrats again!
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

valerio

Post by valerio »

haha, that's AWESOME! And Matt looks just as I had imagined him, da brat!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I love that image... except Matt's looking kind of buff. :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:except Matt's looking kind of buff.
I did always imagine him to be not that tough or strong.

But the drawing looks great! Stu never fails to create awesome works of art.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Karl

Post by Karl »

I was thinking whole day what should I say. I was thinking, thinking, thinking... but hard to say what came out of my thinking because I recently... lost control over my imagination ^^' I know it sounds very silly, but for past three days my imagination became wild and I cannot focus on totally anything. So I will post about what I came out with.
I never received that kind of picture in my life. Especially not when it comes to fan fiction. So at this point you totally broke me, Stu, because I'm actually a shy person and when I saw the picture you drew for me, I blushed from shyness and I wasn't sure what kind of response I should give. Shy, shy shy, I'm so shy.
I like it. I really do. You uplifted my spirit. Made something that I will never forget. I hope that one day I will repay you in same kind way.
Some people pointed out that they imagined Matt to be different. I also tried to describe him differently than you showed. But you showed me your interpretation of Matt, and that's something I find very interesting, nice to know your point of view on this character. You showed your imagination of him, which is natural. I appreciate that much.
I like his hair =)
Thank you very much Stu for such wonderful gift.
I'm a bookworm!
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

I'm glad you like it :lol:

Btw for Matt it's my fault in the first place, Valerio already knows how much i'm not the reading person, i usually jump entire lines 'cause of my laziness :lol: and every time i look for a description i'm not able to find it anymore

I know, i'm a bad person, but it's the way i am...

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

nah, it's fine. Just looks a little more muscular than we expected.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Karl

Post by Karl »

44. Enters the nose

The comfy desk chair creaked as Sergeant Ralph sat down on it. Leaning back, he placed both of his hands on his desktop and examined the surroundings.

So far all seemed to be fine. His desktop was still the same as the last time he left it - clean to the point where he could see his reflection, without any trails of dust, crumbs or stain he would totally not tolerate. The pile of documents were at the edge, with all four sides perfectly equal. Phone untouched. Monitor of his computer in the right position, not too close to his face. Pack of his favorite donuts open, exposing five different types of those topped in colorful icing, sometimes covered in sprinkles, highly caloric and yet so stereotypical rings.

Looking around his office, he examined each diploma that was hanging. None of them were askew and glass was ideally clean to show to everyone whole content, beginning from finishing Obedience School with distinction, followed by graduating Police Academy with highest grades possible and confirmations of winning several annual dog park contests. On top of his furniture were standing various statuettes he gained from participating in various interstate K-9 tournaments. Among them were some gold medals from sport swimming competition, but what was catching the eye mostly was the Aikido black belt hanging right behind him so everyone who visits the sergeant can see it.

His glance went towards the door. Between the spaces of the blinds he could see what was going on in the corridor. Today there was no movement out there and all that was there was Mr. Sternfeld and Bino sitting on plastic chairs. The man seemed to be deep in his thoughts, judging from his clasped hands laying on his belly, lowered head and glance piercing the ground, while the hound was busy with getting the remaining feathers out of his fur.

Finally, his eyes switched at the boy opposite him, who Ralph is about to try to communicate with. He was sitting in an awkward way as he seemed to be about to slip down from his chair on the ground any moment and his head was hung so low that his hair was covering half of his face.

Yes, Sergeant Ralph was sure that everything is in order in his little, yet perfect world. Taking a deep sniff and tapping his desktop with his fingers three times, his eyes squinted as he kept looking at emaciated Matt.

“I see you enjoyed your meeting with K-9 Officer Kevin,” Ralph spoke to Matt. “Sometimes he may seem to be a little overzealous in his duties, but he knows the right thing to reach someone’s conscience. Am I right?”

Matt didn’t say anything, not made any movement.

“Hey, are you there? Did you listen to what I say?” Ralph leaned closer to Matt and snapped his fingers two times.

Matt’s body flinched and Ralph heard something that was a mix of gasp and groan.

“Red eyes… I still see his red eyes…”

Ralph didn’t seem to be surprised by this reply. He slowly withdraw his hand and comfortably placed his shoulders on the chair’s back.

“*sigh* Yes, red eyes…” He said with monotonic tone as he opened one of the drawers of his desktop. “Where have I heard that before…”

Ralph took out from the drawer a white mug with stylized sign I GSD painted on its surface and a small bottle of mineral water. Then he closed the drawer and placed both items on his desktop.

He unscrewed the cap of the bottle and filled the mug half full. Then his eyes focused on Matt again and without showing any emotion, with one sure swipe he splashed Matt’s head.

This brought Matt back to life as he yelped at the sudden contact with water. Holding his face with both of his hands, he shook his wet hair, spilling water drops everywhere around him.

“And now what do you see?” Ralph asked as he filled his mug with rest of the water that remained in the bottle, grimacing slightly as he felt water drops on his arms.

Matt rubbed his face dry good before looking up at Ralph. But as he did so, the shock that was on his face started to fade away, being replaced by a glare and a grimace, clearly because of what Sergeant Ralph jus did to him. As his mouth opened to say something offensive, it shut as his eyes focused on the things around him that were impossible to not noticed.

“Hmm…” Matt leaned back on the chair and placed his finger under his chin. “If I have to be honest with you, after being violently ripped from the state of shock which I can’t actually explain how I got into it since I managed to walk away from arrest and get here, I expected to find myself in a small doghouse where an inexplicable way my body would fit somehow, but now by looking around, I can only guess that you brought me in some kind of a self praise shrine, judging by the fact that all diplomas are hanging very close to each other, making an effect of pressed by force spate of glory, which results in making the person who sits on the chair I’m currently sitting on feel that his own existence is actually a vanity over vanities. And no, all of this doesn’t actually leave a scratch on my iced ego, sorry.”

Sergeant Ralph was listening to Matt’s exhaustive utterance while holding his mug close to his lips, even sniffing it once to make sure that this mineral water inside actually has any minerals. But even when Matt finished, no emotion could be seen on his face.

“Thank you. In near future I plan to exchange the chair you’re currently sitting on for a smaller one to increase the magnitude of inferiority of the person on who I will look down at with clasped hands and my elbows supported on my desktop.” Ralph answered with lazy tone and brought the edge of the mug to his lips, drinking all the content at once.

As Ralph placed the mug back on his desktop, he locked his eyes with Matt. Both of them just kept staring at each other, doing absolutely nothing else. If there would be a clock in Ralph’s office, ticking would be the only sound audible there, but since there was no such thing, they were in complete silence.

Seconds that passed seemed to be long as neither of them turned their glance off their foe. Just by the way how their eyes were squinted it was clear that neither Ralph nor Matt like each other. Matt probably because he doesn’t like to be in company with police, especially a dog one, and Ralph due to fact that he doesn’t like bad educated brats in his clean office.

Matt was the first one to take his glance off. As he did so, he just crossed his arms and placed his ankle on the thigh of his other leg.

Ralph didn’t like when someone was assuming such position, because it was a clear sign of arrogance towards a police officer. But on the other hand, he was glad it ended this way, because from the look of Matt’s cold glare, he was sure that he’s gonna say something either sarcastic or offensive. That wouldn’t be a problem if not the fact that not so long ago he swallowed a painkiller and bringing back a headache wouldn’t serve him well.

Shifting his glance on the pile of documents that were laying on desktop, he stretched out his hand and took some of them from top and brought them close to his nose.

“Oookay… so, you’ve been charged for shoplifting from the local grocery,” Ralph began to say as his eyes were focused on papers in his hands. “The owner testified that at 12:24 pm a young looking man and a dog entered his shop. Spending like ten minutes between set of shelves with products, they appeared in front of the counter with a bottle of apple juice, cola, white chocolate bar and a pack of croissants in the basket. As the young man was searching in his wallet for money, the owner confessed that he looked away for a moment and when he focused his attention back at his customer, he saw him opening the door and escaping from the shop with a bag of groceries he didn’t pay for. The owner ran to the back-up to call for police and when he returned, the dog that was accompanying the thief was gone too.”

Ralph looked though the papers to see Matt’s reaction on what he just read out loud, but the boy was still in same position as before, showing no interest. Then Ralph’s glance went back on papers.

“The owner described the thief as a teenage boy with black, fluffy hair, light blue eyes, slim, wearing a semi opened black leather jacket with spiky decoration, black gloves, spiked wristbands, dark pants with a chain sticking out of the pocket and heavy boots. The dog had a dark beige fur, green eyes, floppy brown ears with length reaching his light green collar, which had an X letter engraved in front and a diamond shaped tag hanging from it.”

Ralph peeked though his papers once again. There was no doubt that the person who committed shoplifting sat right in front of him, not paying any attention and neglecting the seriousness of the situation. But as he looked at the window and saw Bino still sitting on the corridor, sniffing his fingers, for a short moment a slight grimace appeared on his muzzle.

“Anyways, since you haven’t reached the legal age yet and the crime you committed is considered a lesser degree, you were put into arrest. At this point your parents got informed about your crime commitment. Showing up at the police station and paying caution was in order to allow you and your companion to leave the arrest. However, because it’s your first crime commitment on our territory, Police Officer Bill decided to take…”

Matt wasn’t paying any attention to Ralph’s words from the very beginning, but at this point he cut himself from reality completely. The German Shepherd’s voice seemed to be distant and impossible to understand.

He heard that many times before. And it was always boring to him since all of those speeches were similar. Always being informed in formal way of what he did, how exactly and then part about anti social behavior and how much trouble he costs innocent people and his parents. But he didn’t care about that at all. People kept telling him for years how much pain he can be to others so he just accepted it. So he waited until Ralph will finish his speech so he can go home finally.

But there was only one thing that actually caught his interest. All the time he was avoiding any eye contact with K-9 Sergeant, but he still could see what was on the desktop in front of him.

The box with five glazed donuts were impossible to not notice. They were bushy, fat and in different colors, seducing with their outlook to grab and get eaten by whoever will look at them. Especially the pink one with white sprinkles. Matt hated pink, but this color somehow was most attractive from the other four. This particular donut seemed to be the most tasteful. Literally. Just looking at it made his stomach grumble, reminding him that it wasn’t filled with anything since he got to police station.

Since the box was on the desktop and not too far from him, he was pretty sure that it’s not standing there just for view. Giving a single look at the dog, he saw him still reading the papers with same bored expression. Then looking back at the donuts, he licked his lips and stretched out his hand for the pink donut.

*WHAP!*

AAAUGH!!!” Matt quickly withdraw his hand as he felt something very hard smacking it. It pulsed from great pain, so he started to wave it in air with vigor. Then he switched to blow on it, despite it was gloved.

Massaging his hand, he bent over and tried not to moan. As the pain eased, leaving only a warm sensation on the place of received hit, his glance automatically went on Ralph to find out what on earth just happened.

Sergeant Ralph was still sitting right where he should. He also was holding the papers like before, but not with both hands, because from his other hand was clenched on a long, think, wooden ruler. How it appeared in his hand so fast, he didn’t know. But what was also different was that the bored expression of ordinary police officer was gone. Now his lips were opened, showing sharp canine teeth clenched hard. Also in his pupils there could be seen wilderness and desire to defend what was his.

These are MINE.” He said with a deep tone, accenting the last word to show he really means it.

Still holding his pulsing hand, Matt was looking with disbelief at Sergeant Ralph. Not long ago this dog seemed to be unexcitable and humorless like a good police officer should be. Right now he reminded of a beast with rabies that was ready to jump at his pray any moment and tear him into pieces.

“What are… what did you just…” Matt tried to say something, but words were getting struck in his throat. “C’mon man, I just wanted a donut. Is that such a bad thing that you need to lash my hand with a hard ruler?”

You can’t have them…” Ralph repeated his threat, not taking off his grey eyes from Matt even for a second.

Matt still couldn’t understand the sudden change of police sergeant’s behavior and why he was so headstrong on those donuts. Not to mention that it was rather strange for such a well built police dog to have those. But for his composure, at this point it was better for him to just cross his arms and make a face.

“Sheesh! Okay, okay… no need to play a bad dog, sarge. Didn’t know those donuts are supposed to be just for display…” He said with discontent, looking aside.

Ralph calmed himself and his face eased. Now he was sure now that his favorite donuts were safe. Yet that didn’t stop him to drag the package closer to him as he hid his ruler back in the drawer.

“So why did you bring me here anyways? To just summarize what I’ve done? Inform me about your standard procedure? And now you will give me a long moral speech about proper behavior and convince me that you’re actually trying to help me?” Matt spoke again as he side glanced at Ralph. “If answer is ‘yes’ then I have to inform you that I gone through many versions of the goody-goody speeches by cops, who apparently were not dogs, so no matter how hard you’ll try, it’s helpless. I’m resistant.”

Ralph had again this expression of humorless cop and was looking at his interlocutor with rather stern glance. He listened to what Matt said, but he didn’t show any interest. After a while he reached for the drawer again to open it.

The edge of Matt’s lips twitched. For a moment he thought that maybe Ralph is going to take out the wooden ruler again. Apparently the dog actually took out a simple pencil, much to the boy’s relief… of course not showing that.

“Actually, no…” Ralph said with calm tone and reached for another sheets of paper. “Since you were already noted on several times by the Police Department in Chicago, we requested them to send us your records to provide us with some necessary information. However, we didn’t get all that we needed, that’s why I brought you here.”

Matt raised his eyebrow as Ralph’s words caught his attention. “Oh? And that is?”

Ralph was running through the sheets of papers with his eyes. “Trying to find that out. But… I can’t…”

Ralph’s eyes stopped skipping though the text as his eyes stopped in one place. Squinting, he brought it closer to his nose.

“Hmm… I can’t read whats written here…” Ralph said to himself and brought the edge of his pencil closer to his lips. “Like printer jammed or…”

The edge of the pencil went into Ralph’s mouth and the dog started to mumble on it as he was still trying to decipher what was written on the paper he was currently holding. It wasn’t easy because there was a semi white spot in the text that seemed to burn some letters.

Ralph focused his eyes on the remains of the ink. In his head he was trying to get them back to primal form to decipher the lacking information. As much he was getting into it, as stronger his teeth were gnashing the pencil.

He didn’t even stop when sounds of sucking and hisses were coming out of his mouth. Saliva began to droll down the pencil and soon small splinters started to appear on his desktop. He was almost getting there, the words were almost at the end of his tongue.

Yo, sarge!

Ralph’s body flinched and his ears became even more pointed as a strong voice reached him, making him loose his focus all of a sudden. Quickly recovering from his shock, he saw Matt looking at him with astonishment and pointing his finger at him.

The German Shepherd gave him a questioning look as he couldn’t understand why Matt was giving him an awkward glance. But as he looked at the finger that was actually pointing at something specific, now he really felt the taste of wood mixed with graphite in his mouth.

As his eyes went on the pencil that was still in his mouth, he slowly took it out, trail of saliva connected for a moment. Indeed he really was into it as the edge was chewed to the point where a long, yet broken scriber only remained.

“Pardon me,” Ralph said with calm voice. “It’s hard to control the natural impulse for chewing.”

Matt’s only response was a roll of his eyes.

Ralph then bent down and threw the remains of his pencil into bin that was under his desktop. As he was there, he also spit out some fragments that were left on his tongue. When he was done, he drew up and grabbed the papers into his hands again.

“Okay. I think I know what is written here.” Ralph said and placed one paper on his desktop.

“Tell me. I’m dying to know…” Matt, who had his chin rested on his open palm, replied with a bored tone

Ralph put the rest of papers back on the pile and as he placed both of his hands on desktop, he gave Matt a very serious look.

“I need to know your personal scent.” He said bluntly.

Matt didn’t have a bored expression anymore. His eyes were very wide and his mouth open. What he heard was something so bizarre that through his mind ran a thought that he must’ve misheard. But the serious glance that Sergeant Ralph was giving him was enough to make that though disappear, so at this point all he could do was to stare at the police dog and let the time say frozen due to the very awkward moment he was currently in.

“Can you describe what scent do you have?” Ralph asked him.

He wasn’t even able to reply. His brain was still trying to return to normal operation after what he heard earlier. Even his breathing became shallow.

“E-excuse… me?” Those two words barely came through his lips.

Ralph massaged his eyelids as he could clearly see that his question broke Matt.

“Fine. I’ll check myself,” He said as he stood up from his desk chair. “Now don’t move. It won’t take long.”

Matt’s fingers were clenching hard the edges of his chair. Seeing Ralph getting close to him with a serious expression made him sure that this dog was not joking. His brain was alarming him to run, but not knowing why his motor functions were not operational. He was only hoping that Ralph won’t dare to sniff his…

Ralph found himself very close to pale Matt and without any warning, his muzzle dived into his jacket and found himself under his armpit, which almost made the boy yell from sudden invasion.

Goosebumps appeared on Matt’s skin from creepiness and his body was jerking from tickling that Ralph’s nose was causing him. The boy was totally shocked that a dog who barely knows was now diving under his armpit with his nose and inhaling deeply his scent. Normally he would just push his muzzle away, but his fingers wouldn’t unclench from the chair.

*sniff**sniff**sniiiiiff* Hmm… benzyl alcohol… *sniff**sniff**sniff**sniff*… Limonene… *sniiiiff**sniff**sniff**sniff*… Methylproprional…”

“In short called deodorant…” Matt said through his clenched teeth. “Now… get… OUT!

Ralph took one deep sniff before he pulled his muzzle out of Matt’s jacket. For a moment the boy thought that this creepy thing was finally over. He was mistaken as Ralph buried his wet nose in his black, bushy hair.

Now Matt felt a tingling down his spine. Hair was a zone that no one was allowed to touch it. He hated when something alien was in there. This started to go way too far and soon he might explore.

Ralph was taking short breaths as he was detecting the scent of Matt’s hair. His muzzle wrinkled and he pulled his nose away, then gave Matt a suspicious look.

“Orange? Seriously?” He said with disbelief.

Matt’s glance went away. “It’s not just orange… It’s tropical actually…”

“Well, at least you keep it clean,” Ralph added. “Judging from your appearance, I thought it’ll be much worse.”

Matt’s face gained a red hue. Maybe not everyone can bear his rather dark clothing and the way how his hair looks, but that doesn’t mean he does not care about his personal hygiene.

“Now I need skin only,” Ralph said. “Try not to sweat too much or I won’t get your correct pH value.”

Ralph leaned closer again, almost touching Matt’s cheek with his nose. However, it was very close to Matt’s ear and the boy could clearly hear a sound like a wheezing vacuum was trying to suck out whatever was inside of it, but also pumps of air inside in return.

Sniffing his ear was the line that Matt couldn’t take anymore. With one hand he pushed Ralph’s muzzle away and jumped off the chair. Then he ran to the exit, opened the door with force and went outside.

His eyes didn’t adapt with the whole surrounding yet, but still he could notice a familiar figure drawn on a door that was not too far away. Not loosing any time, he just dashed forward, opened it, got inside and closed the door right in the moment when Ralph was about to reach him.

Ralph placed his hand on the door knob, but Matt locked the bathroom door before he was able to turn it. Yet that didn’t stop him from pulling it a few times.

“Open up!!!” Ralph yelled as he knocked at the door with his fist. “As a police sergeant I command you to open that door at once!!!”

GO AWAY!!!” An answer came from the other side. “GET AWAY FROM ME YOU CREEP!!!

Mr. Sternfeld was really astonished by all of this. Just when he was one foot in dreamland from that whole waiting, all of a sudden his son jumped out from Sergeant Ralph’s office and locked himself in the bathroom, refusing to open it. Bino, however, didn’t share such feeling with him as he didn’t find anything interesting in that. Sure, at first he also lifted his head to see what’s going on, but now checking his nails was more important than paying attention to drama.

As he brought his hand closer to his muzzle to have a closer look at his nails, he had to stop as he felt someone placing his hands on his shoulders. Looking up, he saw it was Fido.

“Excuse me, sir?” Fido said, turning his head to Mr. Sternfeld. “Do you mind if I take Bino for a moment?”

Bino looked at Mr. Sternfeld, hoping that the man will give his brother a negative response. But when Mr. Sternfeld turned his head to Fido, he nodded, despite of still being shocked after what he saw not long ago. Then he got up and lowering his head, went to the place where Matt locked himself in.

“Thank you.” Fido said with a smile to Mr. Sternfeld. Then he turned his head back to Bino and at this moment, his smile vanished completely as he pulled up his younger brother by his shoulders.

Bino felt a desire to protest, give a complain, something, but he was unable to as Fido kept a sure grip on his shoulders and was pushing him towards exit. As both of them were getting though the doors outside, they left behind themselves various calls to behave and a sound of electric screwgun turned on.

(A/N)
So I promised to update more frequently, but I forgot completely about stuff like stress, duties, and most important, writer's block. Tried to force myself to go on writing, but doldrums was more powerful this time. So I had to write is smaller parts each day before I manage to complete whole.
So yeah, false start =/
Won't give up, though. It happens often to writers, so I guess I just had to wait for better days.
Still, I hope you like this silly update.
And want to thank again Stu for drawing that picture of Bino and Matt. I still feel flattered to receive such gift from you =)
I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I personally liked Matt's reaction. "Lock myself in the bathroom. The perfect solution."

I can't help but wonder what's going to happen when he goes back to school.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

If i can be of any help, i'll try my best :D i enjoyed this update

Karl

Post by Karl »

Any kind of help is much appreciated.
I'm a bookworm!
Karl

Post by Karl »

I have a heavy sinusitis. I'm not able to function normally. Whole face hurts me almost every day and it's impossible to manage without painkillers. Everything is dizzy and it blocks my thoughts. It will take me some time until I will recover. It's not easy to get to doctor. So I won't be able to update for some time. I know I promised more frequent updates, but I need to take care of my health first so I can work without any problems. Sorry all. I'll try to come back soon.
I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Like we all keep saying, don't worry about it. We're not going to revolt against you or anything.

Take your time, get better, then write when you can. We can wait.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

We can wait, as always. This fic is worth it! :D

Silly Matt, he just wanted to smell your skin. :|

You'd think thei would train K9s in how to deal with people. :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Karl

Post by Karl »

45. Failure is swallowed hard

After being locked underground and experiencing one of the most bizarre events of his life that occurred down there, finding himself outside had a slight positive effect on him. He surely would enjoy the sun warming his fur and fresh air if not the fact that his brother was holding him by his shoulders tightly, pushing him somewhere forward with force.

Like being handcuffed, thrown into a dark cell and feeding him to a beefy, red eyed doberman with a lust for pillow fights was not enough for him. Why can’t he just earn at least some moment of peace? Why that so called goody-goody won’t just leave him and stick his nose into something else?

After the humiliation he went through, Bino was really offended at Fido. Not for the first time, but this version of insult was used only when his brother crossed the line to the point where he desired to simply tied him up and throw him on railway tracks, right under the speeding train. Yes, just like in those cartoons he used to watch. And so replaying this scene in his head, he kept walking with his eyes downcast and arms crossed.

“Alright, we’re alone now.”

Bino stopped as he felt his shoulders being pulled backwards, getting him off the track from his reverie. Looking around he noticed that they were standing behind the building of the police station.

As he turned around, he gave his brother a look full of resentment. “Great. Now, may I know why you brought me here?”

Fido also didn’t seem to be contended. With his hands on his hips and his stern glance through his sunglasses, he looked like a strict teacher who was ready to give his pupil a reprimand.

“I brought you here because I wanted to have a talk with you. Privately.” He said with a dry tone.

“Oh, really? Here, in this place?” Bino scoffed in response, folding his arms. “My, and I thought that police dogs like you take his detainee to the interrogation room, where he would ask him uncomfortable questions, driving the suspect’s mind to its limits until he gets what he wanted to hear. Yeah, you, me, a table and a blinding light from the lamps directed right at my face. I was wondering will we ever come to this. Wouldn’t be surprised, though. By the way, you couldn’t think about this before throwing me right into the cold cell? Do I have to mention that harsh conditions there have a bad effect on my skin?”

Bino’s speech was so long that it caused Fido to take his sunglasses off his muzzle.

“At this point it always makes me wonder do you always have to perform a theatrical clowning at any occasion,.” Fido said sarcastically. “And I did intend to interrogate you, but keeping in mind your… delicate psyche, and my still aching tail, I thought that maybe fresh air would help loosen your tongue. And temper.”

“Yeah, yeah, thanks that you thought about me, lord Byron,” Bino turned his back to Fido. “Speak whatever you need to and just leave me alone, I already want to return home and take a nap."

If Bino hadn’t turned his back to his brother, he would see him clenching his sunglasses from growing impatience.

“Fine, I’ll get straight to the point. Did you steal those groceries along with Matt?”

Hearing this, Bino let out an ironic laugh and shook his head.

“You already asked me this question, remember?” He replied, still keeping his disparaging pose. “I gave you a loud and clear answer, but you threw me into arrest anyways, treating me like some--“

Bino, did you steal those groceries?” Fido asked harder.

Bino closed his eyes shut and gritted his teeth. His breath started to become heavier and his muscles tensed. Honestly, he didn’t want to discuss this again. What he did back there was already shameful to him and getting back to it was already uncomfortable. Especially in front of Fido.

His blood was boiling even more as he heard Fido approach him closer, to the point where he could feel his breath on his nape.

“I want an honest answer, Bino. And at least turn back to me and confess directly. Did you commit shoplifting? Did you steal?

Lips curled, nails pinching his arms, whizzing sound of air inhaled though his nose. Fido was very close to him and kept asking the same uncomfortable question. He lowered his head and then gave Fido a side glare, hate towards his other sibling magnified by the green hue of his iris.

“Hmph! And why do you need my answer anyways?!” Bino replied with harsh tone. “No matter if I’ll repeat no for like hundred times, there’s no way you would believe me, wouldn’t you? Because why should you? I’m Bino, that obnoxious, malignant, prevaricating maddog like all dogs use to call me behind my back!”

Bino turned his glance away from Fido again, but until he did so, he saw that he made his brother completely stunned.

“Who would believe me anyways? I’m a brother of a dog who’s highly elevated on pedestal. You are considered as a walking ideal. Magnanimous, intelligent, well built. Takes a good care of his personal outlook. You’re always being there when someone needs him. Never shows a sign of reluctance against helping, no matter what time it is and where it is required. Everyone thinks you can do so much. And everyone wants to be like you, to follow your example. Me? I’m supposed to be the opposite pole. The role of that worse, inferior sibling belongs to me. And you have no idea how hard it is to live with that every day…”

Bino lowered his head and pierced the ground. His bitterness was getting stronger as he really was getting into this upsetting trail of thoughts. And so he kept going further.

“I admit, at first I was really surprised at being arrested by you. But then I understood that you couldn’t let such a wonderful occasion slip away. Probably you’ve been waiting for this to happen all along. After all, the best way to make yourself a shiny glory-sponge in front of others is to publicly kick my authority and there’s no better humiliation than arresting your own inferior brother. Oh yes, I can already see how you will pull strings to launch the machine of gossip. Everyone in the whole neighborhood will be talking about this, what an awful thief I am and what a noble cop you are, showing that you put family matters aside when it comes to duty. Well played, Fido. As always you’ll do anything to just suck up the glory.”

Bino kept listening, wondering will Fido try to deny whatever he just said about him. But no words came. At this point he couldn’t help but smirk under his nose. Looks like this time he gave him a good talk.

He heard that something landed on the grass a split second later he felt that something painfully yanked him by his arm. He yelped and at once his body was spun around and Bino was now face to face with Fido, who had a pure rage in his eyes.

ENOUGH!” Fido yelled at Bino, blowing the fur on his face. “Stop thinking that everything is being targeted against you! At least for once try to look upon the world beyond the tip of your nose!

It was the moment where Bino could feel how Fido was really strong. His grip on his arm was so tight that his hand started to feel numb. If he would just pull his limb a little more up, without effort he would have the hound off the ground.

He couldn’t move either. For a long time he hadn’t seen Fido so enraged at him. That was enough to make him petrified and completely forget about even daring to fight him back.

Nothing seriously gets into your thick head?! Can’t you realize how serious this situation you’re currently in is?!” Fido continued his harsh reprimand. “You’re not just being accused for one of your antics! You’re being charged for shoplifting! For CRIME!!

Bino tried to look away, just not to see those bloodshed eyes. But then he felt another painful yank and then another iron grip on his other arm. Just when he thought he was too close, now both him and his brother were touching noses.

What’s happening with you recently?! First you pick on Peanut because of some drawing, even kicking him out of the club because of it! Then you blew up King’s face with explosive package during the Christmas Eve at the clubhouse! Also you went further and tried to smash his watch, even when you knew it had some special meaning to him! But what you did today totally crosses the line!! Bad dog!! I tolerated your bad behavior for a long time, thought I shouldn’t, but right now my patience toward you ran out! Putting you into arrest is not enough to punish you for this, you hear me?! I should just take a rolled up newspaper and give you a good spanking to get such idiotic ideas out of your head!!

His eyes squinted, fangs gritted tightly. Fido’s body was clearly beaming with pure fury. A sight that whoever would see beside Bino, would say it’s impossible it was him.

That made Bino’s arrogant attitude vanquish at once and in it’s place appeared fear for his own skin. The fact that he was really tall and his mass was well shaped, in a mixture with rage it gave a terrifying effect. Bino was not seeing his brother in front of him, but a wild beast.

Fido also seemed to notice the drastic change of behavior after some time. His breath started to calm down as he could see the curled up brother in his hands, staring at him with eyes filled with fear. Feeling how Bino’s body was trembling and then looking down to see a tail ducked between his legs, on Fido’s face appeared grief.

“I… I didn’t… I mean…”

His grip loosened and Bino made two steps back, folding his arms around his torso tightly. Though being free now, he still kept looking at Fido like a beaten dog.

By seeing Bino’s behavior and the way how he still stared at him, Fido realized he lost control over himself. Very much. He lifted his head and inhaled deeply to calm down everything in him. When he looked back at Bino, he slid his fingers across his headfur and then scratched his head.

“Bino, please… give me a honest answer,” He spoke with slightly trembling voice. “Did you steal those groceries? Did you do it?”

Bino’s tail freed itself from between his knees and he seemed to frown slightly.

“See? This is how you really are. But only I know that…” He said with a low tone and then looked aside. “And no. I didn’t steal…”

Fido kept looking at Bino with concern. What he didn’t want right now was to see him start crying, and he really looked like he was close to that, judging by his eyes that seemed to be kind of glassy. Inhaling air deeply to his lungs once more, he bent down to pick up his sunglasses from the ground and approached the wall to lean on it.

“Tell me everything about what happened back there. From the beginning.” He said, lifting his feet and crossing his arms.

Bino gave no answer, only closed his eyes. He didn’t want to. The feeling of everything that surrounded him was against him was too overwhelming, which resulted in fear from doing anything else to not mess up things more than already are. But deep in his heart he knew that his brother wouldn’t simply let his questions remain unanswered. Not after what happened today.

“I promise I won’t snap at you anymore.”

His head started to tilt a bit and sniffed. Then he lifted it, which was followed by a heavy sigh. He didn’t believe in that, but he had nothing to loose anyways.

“I was supposed to keep an eye on him…” Bino started to talk, but his voice remained sad and he was still avoiding eye contact.

“On Matt?”

“Yes. He was send to get some stuff for dad, but I was asked to go with him and make sure he would do what he was asked for. We were walking down the road, but because it was hot, we… I mean he… decided to go to groceries and get something to drink. Of course I went after him. When we got inside, I asked him to get me something to drink too, but of course that brat had to act selfish and dared to give me a no. I had to persuade him good to change his mind. We also--“

“Yeah, I would be really surprised if you accepted a no.” Fido added, smirking.

At this moment Bino turned his head and shot Fido a piercing glare.

“Don’t interrupt me! You want to know what happened or not?” He hissed and then slowly turned his head away from Fido again. “So anyways, we also picked some other stuff while being there and went back to the cashier. Everything was all right whole time, the guy scanned the products, Matt pulled out his wallet and was about to pay… and then… he…”

Bino closed his eyes as the memories of Matt’s sudden runaway rushed into his mind. He started to experience this occurrence anew, making him instinctively dig the ground with his foot.

“When that cashier looked away for a moment, in spit second he grabbed the bag and ran away...”

Fido’s glance went down for a moment.

“I see,” He nodded to himself and then looked back at Bino. “So he used the advantage of the shop owner’s inattention to run away with unpaid products. And also yours…”

The hound started to feel heat on his cheeks as he heard Fido’s last sentence. Indeed he was looking at the bubble gums when Matt started to run off. He hated to admit it to himself, but maybe that was the point where everything could have gone different if he kept an eye on the teen.

“But as the shop owner testified, when he went to his backup to call the police and returned, you were gone as well.” Fido added.

The response to this words was a grunt.

“When that guy disappeared, he came back and called me to get out of there. So what I was supposed to do?” Bino turned back to Fido, cutting the air with open hand. “Tell me, what I was supposed to do at this case? Stay there? Just like that?”

Fido opened his lips, getting ready to give his brother an answer, but they suddenly closed as he saw his brother quickly approaching him.

“He left me there, can you get it?!” Bino grabbed Fido by his vest and pulled him closer to himself. “He just took the stuff into his hand and ran away, abandoning me! Leaving me to the guy who could--“

“Calm down!” Fido grabbed Bino’s hands. “Calm down. I understand that Matt left you in a very uncomfortable situation and you had no idea what to do with yourself. But still, I need to know the rest of the story to clarify all things, ok?”

Bino kept looking deeply into Fido’s eyes, rather with disappointment than with plead as his plan to get his brother’s feelings redirect on his pity failed. He unclenched his hands off Fido’s vest and made a step back.

“Eventually, both of you found yourselves on the outskirts, near a house,” Fido continued, letting go of Bino’s hands. “Tell me what happened there.”

Bino placed both of his hands on his hips and sighed.

“Don’t you know that already?” Bino looked at Fido with irritation. “We made a stop there and he open the products. Then that psychopath appeared and… you know rest too well. Happy now? Can I just go home already?”

Fido closed his eyes and laid his head back on the wall. Then he opened them wide and… smiled, which made Bino, who was anxiously awaiting his answer, surprised.

“Oh? So, you want to tell me that Matt was the one who consumed the stolen products?” Fido said, then leaned back from the wall and begun to slowly approach Bino. “But you see, there’s also the thing with that white chocolate bar.”

Bino’s eyes widened. Saliva had difficulties to get down his throat when he swallowed it. When Fido came close to him, the feeling of weakness took over him again.

“W… what about… it?” He asked nervously.

“Back there, when Terrance showed me the evidence, which was a leftover from the white chocolate bar found on place, and told me who’s DNA was on it, you seemed to look very nervous,” Fido said, his glance becoming stern. “So, if so far Matt is, as you say, the only person responsible for shoplifting, then can you explain me what was your saliva doing on the bar wrapper?

It was the moment Bino was most afraid of. The point where you’re being backed into a corner. It was just a matter of time when this would happen. After all, Fido is a police dog who solved many cases.. and his older brother.

Of course those two reasons should be enough to even think that such fact could be concealed, especially that it was really stupid to even do so. But hope dies last, even the most faint one.

His lips were making movements, but no words were formed yet as he was still thinking how to explain this uncomfortable fact to him. He gave up, however, as he saw Fido placing his hands on his hips and his eyeballs moving around inside their orbits, as he was trying to figure out how to express what was he feeling right now.

“Honestly, can you use your brain sometimes?” Fido said wryly. “How could you eat something that you knew was stolen!”

“Ugh… It’s… it’s not like you think it is!” Bino clenched his fists, more due to fact of being accused for not using his brain than self defense from argument. “Fine! I admit, I took a bite! But that’s because… because he… manipulated me! Can you believe it?! He dared to manipulate me

“Heh. Manipulated?” Fido looked at Bino superciliously. “What, he hypnotized you and made you eat it while being unaware of your deed? C’mon Bino, you know I won’t buy that. I know you too well. You knew very well what were you doing, but did nothing to oppose it. And blaming fault on others at any cost won’t help you in this case.”

Bino’s clenched fists started to shake. Not because he thought that Fido was wrong. Thing was that Fido was absolutely right and that was already enough to make him frustrated. There was nothing worse than Fido pointing out his mistakes.

“See? I told you that you won’t believe me!” Bino pointed his finger right at Fido’s nose. “It’s always like this! Bino is always bad so it’s always Bino’s fault, eh?!”

“Trust me, I really would like to believe you,” Fido pushed Bino’s finger aside. “But notice that during this whole time, from the point when Matt ran out of the shop to moment when he opened the bag, you committed a row of mistakes.”

“I did not make any mistake…“ Bino said with low tone.

“First, when Matt ran out of the shop, you should have stayed there instead of going with him,” Fido stretched out one finger. “Second, if you knew that he’s committing a crime and you were with him all the time, you should have stopped him! You were there to keep an eye on him didn’t you?”

I did not make any mistake…

“And third, most important. You shouldn’t ate that chocolate bar. All of your problems could’ve been avoided if you would use your common sense. To think on what’s going on and what you’re doing! Instead, you just--“

I KNOW THAT!!! YOU DON’T HAVE TO TELL ME THAT!!!” Bino burst out all of a sudden, expressing the impatience by giving the ground a strong stomp with his foot.
Then, covering his ears with his hands, he rapidly turned around.

He didn’t want to hear it. He didn’t want to hear that he was behaving stupid all this time. That he was naïve. He was well aware of that. But he accepted his failure that burned his pride. Somehow. And there was no need to go through it again.

Silence remained between two dogs. Bino took his hands off his ears and crossed his arms. His body was trembling from anger. Thought of hate towards his brother were mixing with those of fleeing from here and now, and hide somewhere where entire world will just leave him alone.

“Is admitting to your mistake really that hard?” Fido broke the silence. “Something bad will happen if you do so?”

What was he supposed to say to him right now? Accept failure? In front of him? To bare his flaw?

No. That’s something he will never do. Not to Fido. Not to anyone.

A sound of argument coming from a distance caught his attention. Turning his head to see what’s going on, he saw two figures walking in a haste towards a blue car. Recognizing who they are and what they’re arguing about, Bino let out a heavy sigh.

“I must go…” He said with a tired tone.

Fido was also looking in same direction as Bino, with a sign of disappointment on his face.

“Yeah, I see.” He said. “Thank you for telling me what happened. In some way it lifted some weigh off my heart.

Bino didn’t believe in those words. He was sure that Fido had more doubts about him now. But he was also glad that his brother confirmed the end of their discussion and he could walk away now.

Slouching, Bino started to walk towards the street, but stopped in place all of a sudden as Fido grabbed him by his hand.

“About what you said earlier, that your arrest satisfies me in some way… it’s not really true,” Fido said to him. “It actually pains me to see you in such circumstances. I don’t want you to drift into a bad way. It’s just… you see…”

The hound felt stronger squeeze.

“I’m worried about you. I don’t want you to end up like Fox did once.”

Bino bit his lip, thinking about what he just heard. When Fido’s grip loosened, he slowly withdrew his hand back and gave his brother an unfriendly glance.

“You… worried about me,” He said with disdain. “I stopped believing in that a long time ago. But anyways, I don’t need your pity. I learned how to hold on my own. I admit, I had a moment of weakness, but I won’t allow Matt to manipulate me anymore. And don’t buzz into my things. Hope to not see you too soon…”

Bino walked away, leaving the concerned Fido behind him. Soon the distance between them grew to the point where Bino could finally feel safe.

As he approached the car, Matt was already inside. Whole face was pale and his cold glare was piercing the floor. Seeing that, Bino was sure that he must’ve heard something very upsetting if he looks like that. That was enough to make him smirk. At least he was not the only one with a bad mood.

That smirk disappeared fast as his floppy ear got pulled, causing him to yelp and grab a human hand that was pulling it.

You were supposed to keep an eye on him!! And look what happened!! Both of you getting arrested!! BOTH!!!

Bino opened his eyes for moment to see red skinned Mr. Sternfeld, who was looking down at him with gritted teeth. He wasn’t looking as scary as enraged Fido, but still the sign of the huge human was enough to cause him mute.

The hound’s honing became more intense as, still being pulled by his ear, was getting dragged to the other side of the car.

That’s why you will get an equal punishment!! Understand?! From now on both of you are getting GROUNDED from everything!!!

The car door has been opened and Bino was thrown inside, landing hard on seat. In a split second the door got closed violently and the whole outer world got silenced.

Groaning and rubbing his aching ear, Bino looked aside. Matt was glaring at him with cold eyes for a moment, until his eyes went back on the floor again. The dog understood that at this moment it was the best way to do such thing and he also went downcast.

Fido was still standing in the same place where he was talking with Bino, observing how Mr. Sternfeld got into the car. Soon the engine got started and the car drove away, leaving a trail of fumes. For a moment he still kept looking at the horizon, before tilting his head and rubbing his nape. Then he made few steps forward as he was about to get back inside of the police station.

FOUND YOU!!!

Fido’s ears perked up as he heard someone yelling behind him. Turning around, he saw Kevin running towards him, who was already about to swing a pillow.

*SMACK*
Last edited by Karl on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

can't wait to see their punishment! :twisted:
Frankly, with Bino is such a rollercoaster ride! Sympathetic-hateful-nice-very hateful-sympathetic-ODIOUS.
At least, we have the really bad guy to wish all ill to, ain't it true, Matty?
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote:Frankly, with Bino is such a rollercoaster ride! Sympathetic-hateful-nice-very hateful-sympathetic-ODIOUS.
If he will turn him fat, my imagination... my dreams, will be killed.
I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Wow. Bino and Fido had a real moment there.

One thing I saw.
Karlos wrote:As he turned around, he gave his brother a look full of resentment. “Great. Now, may I know why did you brought me here?”
You have an extra word in here. May I suggest something like "Great. Now, may I know why you brought me here?"

I saw a few other small things, but this is the one that stood out to me at the worst mistake.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

One of the most incredible dramedy written. Brilliant.

We got Bino and Fido as apparent Cain and Abel. Joey is the Seth, simply uninvolved in the situation.

Whether or not anyone understand Bino, he is still guilty for endangering shop products just to get Matt's attention.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Karl

Post by Karl »

I'll fix it, Jeff. Thank you for showing me.
kavviyenta wrote:One of the most incredible dramedy written. Brilliant.
Thank you. I've put a lot of my emotion into this.
I'm a bookworm!
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

...poor Matt, I hope his punishment isnt to harsh(can't say the same thing for Bino though).

An angry Fido...awesome!! Just like this fanfiction!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Matt is the origin of this mess :twisted: His punishment must be TOUGH!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh, Karlos, I found a few things in the ending.
Karlos wrote:Fido’s years perked up as he heard someone yelling behind him.
Years = Ears?
Karlos wrote:Turning around, he saw Kevin running towards him, who was already about to swung a pillow.
Swung should be swing here.

I just saw them. I don't know how I messed them the first time. FORGIVE ME!!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Karl

Post by Karl »

JeffCvt wrote:I just saw them. I don't know how I messed them the first time. FORGIVE ME!!
This time I'll forgive you, Jeff ;p
I'm a bookworm!
Arjay

Post by Arjay »

now that i have caught up i must say now that that this is (imho) the best HP! fanfic of all time.
Staying focused is a full time job at minimum wage.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Really? Why? :)
I'm a bookworm!
Arjay

Post by Arjay »

i think its the best because of the wonderful word choice and description of events that made it feel as if i was simply reading the comic. on top of that, the characterization is flawless. there wasn't a single point where i felt that a character did something that they wouldn't normally do, as if this story was straight from the mind of the creator, even though you wrote it!
Last edited by Arjay on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Staying focused is a full time job at minimum wage.
valerio

Post by valerio »

this, this and so totally THIS! :D
Karl

Post by Karl »

Arjay wrote:i think its the best because of the wonderful word choice and description of events that made it feel as if i was simply reading the comic. on top of that, the characterization is flawless. there wasn't a single point where i felt that a character did something that they wouldn't normally do, as if this story was straight from the mind of the creator, even though you wrote it!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my humble work. You're the first person who ever told me that my fan fiction is the best (I blushed when I read it), though there are also wonderful works out there. Indeed, my goal is to keep close to canon, yet trying to add something from my inner world and give it a proper shape. I'm glad it works fine to you.
Then I don't have any other choice. I just have to keep writing and continue to make all of you happy.
I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

If you ever stop writing, I will find you and... and...
You just don't want to know.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Karl

Post by Karl »

The newest update is ready, but my beta reader, Musclecar, won't have interned for whole 3 days and is unable to fulfill his work of editor =(

Is here anyone who would like to volunteer as editor for this one time?
Last edited by Karl on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a bookworm!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Well... because of the lack of participants, I guess I will have to post the raw version :lol: Real occasion for those who would like to see how my lolgrammar looks like currently.
Just have to get back home first, because I'm in school. Which should be in... 4 hours from this post.
I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorry, I would have revised it for you but I wouldn't have been able to effectivly fix anything until about 1:00 in the morning or later. I'm sure it will be fine.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

or you could perhaps put off the update until musclecar can revise it. It's only a few days, I think we can wait.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hmm... I see.
No problem :) If you all agree to this, we can wait with update until Musclecar will get back.
I'm a bookworm!