Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Beagle

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Beagle »

44R0NM10 wrote:sorrow: Failed my driving test
I failed my driving test on the first try as well. Don't be discouraged, it happens to everyone! Now you have a better idea of what to expect!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

At least in the US, it's common to fail it at least once. Don't you get discouraged, now!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: One of my childhood cousins I knew since i was growing up just had her son. We grew up in school and she was 10 months older than me, so it was cute to hear she had a kid. Wishing her the best of luck on her life as a mother =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

Joy:Partied hard last weekend and last night.
Joy:Finally provoked a good friend of mine to fight me for the fun of it and won due to me knocking him down, then he started vomiting soon after(TKO?). Fun fight, fun night
Joy:9:30 class was canceled this morning.
Sorrow:Got red clay on my skinny white jeans while fighting, definitely not good fighting attire.
Sorrow:Not doing too well in some classes.
Sorrow:Have to take an exam in less than 2 hours.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: Sometimes I just need someone to hug me and tell me that everything will be okay. I can't force a smile forever. I wish someone would see past the, "I'm fine" to say, "No, you're not." I hate feeling like this. I miss my best friend who now lives 100 miles away, I miss people who were too silly to understand anything, I hate trying my hardest in my physics class to still never make anything higher than a high C or B, I can barely understand anything in Shakespeare right now for English, and I shouldn't be this stressed out before my surgery on Thursday but I am. I just want for someone in my life to slow down long enough to see that I really, really, need a friend to talk to. I feel awful.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I know how you feel Beagle. I know how it is to put a fake smile on and everyone thinks you're alright.

I just wish I could understand more beyond that. I have my good friends who would do anything for me and I would do anything for them, but when I feel like you do, the best thing for me is to simply work it out myself. Even though it's nice to have my friends there for me, just not asking me if I feel alright is the best thing for me most of the time.

Always remember, you have friends and if you need to talk, ask them. If I see one of my friends is down, but they say "I'm fine," that indicates to me they either don't want to talk right now and I shouldn't push it or they really are alright. But if they came up to me and said they want to talk, I would drop everything and do so.

And don't forget your friends here too. We're all willing to talk if you want to, even if we can't actually give you a hug through the computer.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Beagle wrote:Sorrow: Sometimes I just need someone to hug me and tell me that everything will be okay. I can't force a smile forever. I wish someone would see past the, "I'm fine" to say, "No, you're not." I hate feeling like this. I miss my best friend who now lives 100 miles away, I miss people who were too silly to understand anything, I hate trying my hardest in my physics class to still never make anything higher than a high C or B, I can barely understand anything in Shakespeare right now for English, and I shouldn't be this stressed out before my surgery on Thursday but I am. I just want for someone in my life to slow down long enough to see that I really, really, need a friend to talk to. I feel awful.
Sounds familiar. In my experience it was unwise to do as you do now, put on a fake smile and pretend that everything is alright because no one is going to stop you and know that something is wrong because people are not like that (at least not anymore), they are not mind-readers and will take your fake happiness and leave it there. That is why it is best to vent it out at the earliest convenience, when someone asks you whether you are alright, tell them the truth, say "No." If they ask why (and they almost certainly will) tell them the truth. Vent it all out. Pour all your anger, hatred, frustration and any other negative emotions out there into the open and let it all be washed away. Better to have it all come out and be done with instead of bottling up all that negativity.
Having that amount of negativity in you is incredibly stressful, it will only lead you to resent where you are at the present rather than enjoying your moment and using your time to its greatest potential. You would inevitably wish away the moment to be rid of this negativity and you will wake up one morning and realise you wished away those years because of, what you would come to realise was, stupidity.
If you offend your friends they will forgive and forget otherwise they were never really your friends, and they would realise that you are a human being with emotions and will require to vent out once in a while just as they would also need to vent. If your friends had an episode would you simply abandon them? Your answer would be the same as your friends'.

Anyway, I think I have said plenty at this point. Hope this helps.

Post by 0404 »

Hugs
now that, I feel the same quite often. this is my quote
texascat wrote: I tend to smile all the time, if I don't I'll become a miserable baster.
it's a quite hard things to come over. I know... as a one who moves a lot, I know how awful it is to find a friend you can sincerely talk to and slow you down.
I understand you Beag. if you got something to say, you should say it or it's just gonna tear you up inside. and I'm glad you did.
I'll always be here for you.
I'm not smart enough to express my sincereness toward to you..
Last edited by 0404 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

It's hard because the one person who could easily see through my "I'm okay" lie is the same person that is now miles and miles away. This year has completely thrown me upside down and I'm still adjusting to it. I just got into a Word document and released it all through a letter to someone who hurt me. I feel a lot better now that it's somewhere outside of my heart, and it's also now easier to explain to my friends. I've always used writing as a way to rid myself of what I can't physically speak. It's my crutch.

I've also started to let a few people know just how awful I've felt lately. One of my closest friends knew I was acting off, but she didn't know it was /all/ of that.

Guys, thank you. This forum has always been the one place where I can find some sort of stability. *hugs you all*
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Beagle wrote:Sorrow: Sometimes I just need someone to hug me and tell me that everything will be okay. I can't force a smile forever. I wish someone would see past the, "I'm fine" to say, "No, you're not." I hate feeling like this. I miss my best friend who now lives 100 miles away, I miss people who were too silly to understand anything, I hate trying my hardest in my physics class to still never make anything higher than a high C or B, I can barely understand anything in Shakespeare right now for English, and I shouldn't be this stressed out before my surgery on Thursday but I am. I just want for someone in my life to slow down long enough to see that I really, really, need a friend to talk to. I feel awful.
Beagle if I may offer some unsolicited advice; it seems to me (and if I'm wrong feel free to tell me to within the automobile off and ignore me) that a lot of your stress comes from being a perfectionist when it comes to academics. I used to be a 4 point student in high school and my advice to you as you move forward is to learn to accept that you won't be able to 4 point everything. Sometimes you just meet a class that you can't crack. As long as you don't torpedo your gpa sometimes it's ok to get a grade you aren't completely happy with. I'm not saying don't try and I'm not trying to tell you that you'll flop in college but if you try to be a perfectionist college will eat you alive. This is obviously a very subjective matter and what works for me may not work for you. But hopefully something in this long rambly post helps.
As far as your other problems go I can't offer much more than my sympathies. I guess if there's any silver lining it's that your current troubles will make you realize who your few friends you can really count on are and learn to appreciate them more.

Sorrow: been really stressed lately and I think I might be slipping towards another major depression.
Joy: At least I can see it coming and know that alot of it is just a case of things seeming much worse than they are because I'm stressed.
Joy:My fraternity is initiating our latest pledge class this weekend.
Joy:got to vote in a presidential election for the first time in my life today. Felt good.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm actually the laziest person you will ever meet when it comes to academics. :P I pick up on things naturally, going with the flow, and academia hasn't ever been a major stress for me. I know I'm a perfectionist, but I have the humane side to me that most people in the top of their class don't have: I am perfectly with with throwing my book on the ground to go watch a movie. Missing certain people in my life so much just sort of snowballed everything. The reason I've felt like I've been falling behind in my classes is because I've been so unhappy socially lately so I haven't been concentrating as much as I should have. It's hard to review notes for Shakespeare when Niagara Falls is coming out of your eyes. I do feel a lot better after writing, though.

I know. I've sank even further than this before, and they never gave up on me. I'm very lucky to have the friends that I have.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm kind of like that in my classes too. I can pick up on stuff quick, but the problem for me is studying. And procrastination. It's to the point that I don't do my science homework at home, but 20 minutes before the class during lunch.

And that also leads me to a huge Sorrow that could turn out good or bad. It turns out that my calculus teacher has accepted another job and will no longer be teaching in my school in about 10 or so days.

Like I have said before, she's not a bad teacher, but calculus isn't her normal subject. Algebra II is. We are the only class that is not being taught by the normal calculus teacher, and it shows that she is a little out of practice with it.

Unfortunately, the fact she is leaving could screw us all over. Her 6 other classes that she teaches are algebra II, so chances are the school will spring for a temp that is most qualified for that subject. And chances are also good that the temp won't be good to begin with because our teacher was not actually expecting to be hired when she applied at the beginning of the school year, so the move is on short notice.

However, there is a small chance that the new teacher could actually be better at teaching calculus and help make the class just a little easier for me. Small, but the chance is there.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
McFly

Post by McFly »

JeffCvt wrote:I'm kind of like that in my classes too. I can pick up on stuff quick, but the problem for me is studying. And procrastination. It's to the point that I don't do my science homework at home, but 20 minutes before the class during lunch.
Me in a nutshell. :P
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: This happened to me this morning so I made it into a meme.

Fave it on dA :D
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Sorrow: I feel like your professor.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

McFly wrote:
JeffCvt wrote:I'm kind of like that in my classes too. I can pick up on stuff quick, but the problem for me is studying. And procrastination. It's to the point that I don't do my science homework at home, but 20 minutes before the class during lunch.
Me in a nutshell. :P
This is how I've been in physics this semester, and I need to stop that and study more at home, but there's a huge problem with that. This new country-wide mandatory course of study is kind of killing us. Those who learn from hands on experience and visual representation benefit extremely from the new system, while those who think mathematically and learn by analyzing written notes (me and the average person who takes physics) get home and stare at a drawn model. We don't take notes on the laws and the process behind it all, we just work on example problems. So I get home and really have nothing to study. We have an excellent physics teacher and she despises this new system too; we are six weeks behind in our curriculum because students were not meant to be taught this way in a course like physics, but she has to teach it like this now.

I am so glad the new system cannot touch AP courses (I have Calculus BC in the spring), and that most of my courses are through the community college next semester. The only class I have next semester that is subjected to the new system is my high school's honors programming course.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: I think my mate is cheating on me ;_; This feels terrible.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

There are few people I hate worse than a cheater. You deserve better, good sir. No one, and I mean no one, deserves to be cheated on.

Sorrow: Guys, my surgery is tomorrow morning. If for some reason my medicated state of mind starts making me act like a public troll afterwards, you all know that anything rude I say means nothing. Any of the Mods can gently let me know I'm being an idiot.
The Grey Wolverine

Relief: It turns out my mate wasn't cheating on me, it was a MASSIVE misunderstanding caused by some people who were misinformed, and its just a mess
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh jeez, at least the whole mess was resolved.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Beagle wrote:There are few people I hate worse than a cheater. You deserve better, good sir. No one, and I mean no one, deserves to be cheated on.

Sorrow: Guys, my surgery is tomorrow morning. If for some reason my medicated state of mind starts making me act like a public troll afterwards, you all know that anything rude I say means nothing. Any of the Mods can gently let me know I'm being an idiot.
Best wishes! You'll be in my prayers.

Also, does it count as "gently" if I say "You're being an idiot?"

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Beagle wrote:There are few people I hate worse than a cheater. You deserve better, good sir. No one, and I mean no one, deserves to be cheated on.

Just take it slowly afterwards, Beagle. Good luck and have fun :)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur

Post by 0404 »

My best regard Beag. Goouuuuuuud Luck!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm okay! I'm hardly in any pain and I don't have too much swelling and I'm eating some soup In a cup right now. I've been basically unconscious from 9 AM to 3 PM, occasionally waking up to take medications and whatnot. I had a great oral surgeon and combined with how they were almost fully in anyways, I'm a very lucky duck. I've only had to take one pain pill and the anesthia and sedative are what made me sleep half the day. I feel pretty normal right now. ^_^ Off to eat soup and ice my cheeks.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: I finished my History 211 exam and am done with studying for the moment.
Joy: Find out my second joy by looking at the My Little Pony thread.
ImageImage

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: show was incredible.
Joy: Rocked out so hard one of the bands gave me a free tshirt and cd
Joy: got to see my favorite local band and they want to play a show in my Frat house Basement
sorrow: might have messed up my right foot and left leg. And I'll barely be able to move my neck tomorrow.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: just did the halo 4 campaign with a mate, from start to finish
The Grey Wolverine

Joy: Good chance I will be getting a job soon, I hate unemployment.
FlintTheSquirrel

Sorrow: My mom tried to save a bird she saw outside. There were feathers on the ground but no visible wound. We put it inside a bird cage, but it did not survive the night...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*hugs* Y'all did what you could. It spend the end of its life being cared for and loved.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: My friend's still going through some drama with his parents. Can't go into all the details but to make it short they can't dal with him growing up and becoming his own person.
Joy: Had fun last night and saw a friend I haven't seen in a while. And got Tbell. Good night all around.
Sorrow: my neck's still messed up from the show.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
FlintTheSquirrel

Sorrow: Someone who I forgot who they were, but knew months ago ruined me and my friend's time on Diablo, defeating something we were working up towards without us being close enough to it. What a pest.
Sorrow: Diablo has gotten so easy that there is hardly a use for a tank anymore. ;-;
Joy: Game Grumps are playing Sonic 06 and have finally reached the part where I believe they will quit, and so far, it is funny.
McFly

Post by McFly »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Joy: Game Grumps are playing Sonic 06 and have finally reached the part where I believe they will quit, and so far, it is funny.
Yeah, I was just watching that.

It's no use!
FlintTheSquirrel

McFly wrote:
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Joy: Game Grumps are playing Sonic 06 and have finally reached the part where I believe they will quit, and so far, it is funny.

It's no use!
Doubt they have the attention span to notice that you can only attack him when he is holding stuff, so I think that series will end there. But I still enjoy seeing them suffer through the same evilly crafted part that I had a problem with when I played. >:3

Neutral: I wish I knew how to play a Piano or Violin, but there is so much ear wrenching practice I would have to do to be good at them, and doubt my parents would like that. (Listening to music from both of them right now)
McFly

Post by McFly »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:
McFly wrote:

It's no use!
Doubt they have the attention span to notice that you can only attack him when he is holding stuff, so I think that series will end there. But I still enjoy seeing them suffer through the same evilly crafted part that I had a problem with when I played. >:3
Actually, quite a few people have already commented on YouTube what they're supposed to do, so there is a pretty good chance they will continue with the series.
The Grey Wolverine

Joy: Had fun at my friend Jason't house today
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: pulling an all-nighter because I have terrible time management skills.
Joy: Initiated our newest pledge class today. Pretty exciting stuff.
Joy: my neck's finally feeling better.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: It's Monday again.
ImageImage

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: Finally, after one year of contemplating and even denying it, I went to a psychiatrist to help me deal with my issues. On medication now, and I'm starting to accept the fact that while I will always have these black episodes and traumas in my life, I just gotta deal with it and move on.

Sorrow: I owe a lot of people a lot of stuffs that I had promised, still trying to sort them out one by one.

Sorrow: I have to repeat another 2 semesters in university to graduate, to cover up for all the failed subjects in the past.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

kurowolfe wrote:Joy: Finally, after one year of contemplating and even denying it, I went to a psychiatrist to help me deal with my issues. On medication now, and I'm starting to accept the fact that while I will always have these black episodes and traumas in my life, I just gotta deal with it and move on.

Sorrow: I owe a lot of people a lot of stuffs that I had promised, still trying to sort them out one by one.

Sorrow: I have to repeat another 2 semesters in university to graduate, to cover up for all the failed subjects in the past.
So glad to hear this. :) I'm sure you'll survive, kuro. Hang in there! :D