Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

FlintTheSquirrel

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I'm pretty sure we have talked about Cave Story before. In any case, beat it all the way through twice, and my first run, I went blind. So defiantly did not complete it then.
It's a fun game, and happy that NIS America (My favorite gaming company) remastered it, though never bothered playing that version.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I've played and beat the original translation on the computer, the Wii ware version, and the 3DS version (which I only bought because my Wii had been stolen). Its a great game for sure but I think there are to many versions of Cave Story at this point. They should give the spotlight to another indie game that hasn't been ported from the computer. I would say Within a Deep Forest or Iji or maybe even Knytt/Knytt Stories would be good ideas.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

So who is excited about Pokemon Black and White 2?
I'm still iffy on going to the midnight release.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Zukio wrote:So who is excited about Pokemon Black and White 2?
I'm still iffy on going to the midnight release.
I ordered mine from Amazon so I should get it the 10th or so. I wasn't originally going to get it but I enjoyed Black a lot and the whole World Tournament and a few other minor improvements were just enough to make me want to get Black 2. If it wasn't for that I would have just waited for either the inevitable Gen 3 remakes or Gen 6 to come out whichever was first.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Up to Ada Wong in RE6. Also bought the Anthology version which has all the old Resident Evil games in it. only thing that sucks though is i already have them, but at least i have them now on the PS3. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Zack_the_husky

League of Legends

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Who else on here plays League of Legends?
Tiggy

Re: League of Legends

Post by Tiggy »

I do!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I do too, in all my 1029 ELO glory.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well despite my hatred for the game's popularity, and prevelance in the FGC. I'm going to work on practicing a bit of MvC3 on the side. (note I don't actually hate the game too much. It's that it magically sucks attention away from all the games that are better than it)

Working on Wright/Chris/Ammy. Just to tick people off.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

exranio wrote:Well despite my hatred for the game's popularity, and prevelance in the FGC. I'm going to work on practicing a bit of MvC3 on the side. (note I don't actually hate the game too much. It's that it magically sucks attention away from all the games that are better than it)

Working on Wright/Chris/Ammy. Just to tick people off.
Chris should be Point and Wright should actually go second; you should try to DHC into Wright's Maya super and when that is going on pick up evidence to get into Trial Mode. Also what Assists are you using?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I like Phoenix, but alot of players hate her. Can't blame them with her level 5 Dark Phoenix L3 X-FActor crazy-killingfest, but come on now. It's Jean Grey! and her Voice Acting is awesome. It's the same as the cartoon even! :(

She-Hulk has always been my favourite point, followed by Deadpool and Dormammu. I miss Ryu, but She-Hulk and Ryu are my personal top favourites for point.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Well, I recently bought Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX for gameboy color this weekend and so far I'm lovin' it.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Werster just got the World Record for Pokemon Crystal with a time of 3:24 in game and 3:30:54 Real Time. It was an amazing run and a must watch if you like Pokemon.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like Pokémon but I'd rather play it than spend three hours watching someone play it really quickly. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Hey guys, I'm wondering, what games are you waiting for? I'm waiting for Persona 4 Golden and Far Cry 3 mostly, what about ye?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

DayZ standalone&amnesia: a machine for pigs
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The 3DS Paper Mario!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

These days, I find my lack of interest games... disturbing. However, i make up for it by playing some classics. Like Final Fantasy 6!

Seems like also that Planetside 2 is coming out November 20th. Bring on the guns! :D
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well, I would day Pokemon Black/White 2, but that's already out. I don't really get many new games. I just play my old ones till I get sick of them, not touch them for over a year, then play them again because I just happen to feel like it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

I'm waiting for 3DS Paper Mario as well, along with the latest Professor Layton and WHERE IN THE WORLD IS PROFESSOR LAYTON VS. PHOENIX WRIGHT!!! Seriously, haven't heard a thing about it, I don't even know if it's actually out yet!
I'm with Jeff, I couldn't finish an old game, left it for like a year and when I came back to it, got through it no sweat. Mostly since I can't afford new games, I've been buying old games from the 3DS eShop for like $6 each. Currently playing the original Metroid and, despite having played the remastered version (Metroid: Zero Mission for the GBA), it is haaaaaaaard!

Also waiting for the last two chapters of The Dream Machine to come out. Awesome claymation point and click adventure.

EDIT: Just looked up on the interwebs, PLvs.AA comes out 29th November, although I'm presuming that's Japan, it could be several months before I can get it. :(
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

I'm waiting for Okami HD to release on the Playstation Network this Tuesday.
An excuse to sink another 30 hours into the land of Nippon with updated visuals and trophy support? Yes please!
Hopefully Capcom will see enough interest in this to green light a console sequel.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'm currently busy with Xcom, my first play though. I'm a wimp, doing it on normal and saving every time I have a mission.

I also have Mugen Souls sitting here for PS3, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe next weekend.. Also got Code of Princesss which is going back to GameFly tomorrow. Bleh.
Esquire Fox wrote:I'm waiting for Okami HD to release on the Playstation Network this Tuesday.
An excuse to sink another 30 hours into the land of Nippon with updated visuals and trophy support? Yes please!
Hopefully Capcom will see enough interest in this to green light a console sequel.
There's already been a sequel, which happened on portables. It didn't do too well. Don't get your hopes up.
exranio

Post by exranio »

http://www.twitch.tv/canadacup I'm currently watching Canada cup 5v5. We got some serious national team action going on here
Street fighter.
We got Team US, Team Canada, Team Netherlands, Team Japan, Team Korea, and Team South East Asia.

Rooting for the US so hard right now.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It's such a shame i don't like travelling. I would join those games in a heartbeat :(
Luvindonesia

Post by Luvindonesia »

i'm waiting for Naughty Dog new game The Last of Us and Watch Dogs
we always have a choice in life so choose wisely and always believed in the choices you've made.
The Grey Wolverine

Foxstar wrote:I'm currently busy with Xcom, my first play though. I'm a wimp, doing it on normal and saving every time I have a mission.
How is Xcom, I'm thinking of maybe asking for it for Christmas
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
exranio

Post by exranio »

and Japan wins first, Korea second, US is third, South East Asia is fourth, Canada is fith, and the netherlands just loses.

That aside I want to get Xcom and name all my soldiers after Final Fantasy characters.
The Grey Wolverine

As weird as it is, I want to name my soldiers after religious figures, wouldn't it be interesting to see Buddha fighting with St. Peter against aliens?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

that sounds incredible, annnnnd I heard XCOM is full of bugs right now. I'm unsure exactly how buggy, but the game still looks fun. Whilst I've not got it, one of my favourite 'reviewers' really likes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ks03EprFE

45 minutes, but I enjoyed watching it in any case.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Halloween teaser

yes I want game now plz gimmeeeeeeeeeeee.
KogaShinigami
Location: Between here and there, but more there than here...

Post by KogaShinigami »

I've been looking forward to Phantasy Star Online 2 for about a year now myself and so far, it looks amazing. Rumor as it that it will be out early 2013. ^^ Same for the really underground Blade and Soul. Can't wait!

And yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about XCOM. Buggy, but good.
"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not super confident in PSO2 being a legitimately great game, but I'm still looking forward to it all the same.
exranio

Post by exranio »

This game needs to be backed man http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/185 ... cade-racer
Awesome looking game!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Hey guys, I posted a review on a game that I enjoyed called Phantasmaburia. Here's a link--->http://www.cavestory.org/forums/index.p ... smaburbia/
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I wish I had another 3ds (to transfer my pokes from soulsilver to my pokemon black. Sadly, Pokemon Black and white 2 haven't arrived at the stores of my town. I would have to import and I highly doubt I would get it in time for the genesect event...
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Who here would play "Sugar Rush" If Disney decided to make it a real game?
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I don't know. It would depend on the actual gameplay. I am very picky when it comes to liking an arcade game or not.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

Anyone wanna play AOE2 multiplayer?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Maybe on Saturday. I don't think I'm doing anything during the day.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Been playing alot of clasics lately thanks to the Nintendo Wii online shopping. Got myself River City Random, Super Dodge Ball (<3) and Secret of Mana, all beautiful classics. Going for more on christmas. In addition, I got into MonsteR Rancher 4 again, and finally got the Phoenix with one of my army of CDs. took awhile though. I miss that with Monster Rancher.

Monster Rancher: GameCobra! We have hidden the Legendary Phoenix somewhere in your house! ...In A CD! Are you a Bad enough dude to find it?

GC: Yes i am! *finds the Phoenix* :D

Monster Rancher: noooooooooooo!