Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Chat Thread 38: You Guys Are Old

Post by Sleet »

Souji wrote:Don't do it don't do it oh God get out while you still can. Run.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Ya know, I'm a really good chef myself. If it comes in a can or from the freezer, I'm all over it. :lol:
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:
Beagle wrote:Thanks guys! I wish I had done better on the math, but I did pretty darn good for someone who took Algebra 2 two years ago (and didn't study the night before the SAT).
Eh it's alright. You did great! Not everyone can get a perfect score in math.

*runs away giggling*
Thanks to texascat and otaku!

Sleet, I'm in Calculus 2 this spring and already earned college credit for Calculus 1. :P Like I can remember how to find freaking (oh wait, collegeboard punches you in the face if you talk about the questions). There are silly questions on every massive exam, and I can't remember those nit-picky details. XD
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sure ya can. They're important later on~
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I'm in a low level math class, why? Because I hate math class even though I am more than able to do the work. I guess that's my flaw.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm in a calculus class. The only one not being taught by the calculus teacher in our school. While it's not that my teacher doesn't know it, she just isn't in the swing of teaching it, and it really shows. I shouldn't have taken it, and I wouldn't have if I had known it would have been like this.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Aw man, I just relized how messed up my family is, simply because some of the more serious injuries ...happened over some stupid stunts :evil: :roll:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I loved calculus! <3

What kinds of things, Okatu?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Otaku-Boy wrote:YAY FOR MR BEAGLE :!: :!: :!:
Beagle is a lady-type.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Well, my cousin BREAKING HIS LEG BECAUSE BY BREAKING THROUGH A TRAMPOLINE!! Dont give him ANY symlathy, he was 21, and over 200 pounds, MY MOM called him an idiot, and she's the easy-going one. After it healed, that leg was a target whenever he got mesing with my 11 and 9 year old cousins, that was a year ago, still hasnt lived it down.

...wow, my family is messed UP :? :shock: :? :shock:
Dissension wrote:
Beagle is a lady-type.
S-sorry!! :oops:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Dissension wrote:
Beagle is a lady-type.
Oh geeze, that shows how much I read small details on the Internet. But really, I jumped into Elly's arms totally The Notebook-style yesterday, how was it not obvious? :P I'm still being confused for a guy. XD
(Otaku, I'm just poking fun, don't worry.)

Grey, I don't mean to sound boastful. Sleet and I have the type of relationship where he says somehong condescending and I say something rude back. It's how we say, "I love you." :lol:

Sleet, you're an ugly butt-face and no one likes you. =D

Jeff, I can help you wIth calculus~
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

So... Sleet is a boy :lol:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Beagle wrote: Jeff, I can help you wIth calculus~
I'll just have to wait and see. Maybe it'll get better, maybe not. If there ever is something, I'll be sure to ask. Thanks for the offer.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Otaku-Boy wrote:So... Sleet is a boy :lol:
Or maybe I have no problem with dating either gender. :P But who says that we dated? She's like five years older than me!

Jeff, you know where I am if you need me!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I can help too if you have a problem with definite-girls helping you. :B
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So Sleet is a girl! Or not. (If only it really was that easy to figure out. I honestly don't know what to think anymore.) (And I have no problems with girls helping me :P )

There really is no problem with telling a friend you love them in a non-romantic way. I would do anything for a couple of my friends, to the point that despite having never dated anyone, there have been three girls people thought I went out with. Can you say trouble?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

JeffCvt wrote:So Sleet is a girl! Or not. (If only it really was that easy to figure out. I honestly don't know what to think anymore.) (And I have no problems with girls helping me :P )

There really is no problem with telling a friend you love them in a non-romantic way. I would do anything for a couple of my friends, to the point that despite having never dated anyone, there have been three girls people thought I went out with. Can you say trouble?
Yes, I can say "Trouble," can you?
*BRICK'D*

I could see that getting dangerous in the right light, but that's about it. Not much for recognizing things like that though, so I'd ignore me.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?

Post by 0404 »

Beagle wrote:
Or maybe I have no problem with dating either gender. :P But who says that we dated? She's like five years older than me!

I already took Beagle's offer :D

JeffCat wrote: There really is no problem with telling a friend you love them in a non-romantic way. I would do anything for a couple of my friends, to the point that despite having never dated anyone, there have been three girls people thought I went out with. Can you say trouble?
naaa not a trouble, they are just saying that cuz they are jealous!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The people in the "we don't know Sleet's gender" club are fun to mess with. :P

Really, the thing I hate the most about not having a boyfriend anymore (okay, we all know I went through a break-up three months ago with a guy I dated for a year) is that I can't hang out with any of my guy friends and act the same exact way I have been without them being like, "Oh noes! I hope she doesn't like me!" or some girl being all green-eyed with jealousy.

For the love of all things good, I don't date the first thing that moves and I'd make it a heck of a lot more obvious than that if I had a crush on someone. I've got eight months until college, I have a lot going for me on my own, and I'm not ready to be in another relationship right now. People IRL need to calm down. :P

Also texascat, aha!

Post by 0404 »

about relationship ... :lol: since I usually hangout with nerdy friends, we don't even stand a chance getting in to relationship. nahhhh I'm just happy with being my friends and really few of gal' friends.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

texascat018 wrote:about relationship ... :lol: since I usually hangout with nerdy friends, we don't even stand a chance getting in to relationship. nahhhh I'm just happy with being my friends and really few of gal' friends.
I really like nerdy-looking guys, but after three attempts of complete social awkwardness on their part, I'm just done with it. :P I should just date a hipster and call it a day.

Part of the reason I've been here so much lately is because all of my guy friends are in college now, and now all the friends I see on a day-to-day basis are females. This is the first year where I've hung around with girls more than guys, and it's kind of driving me crazy. XD It's so refreshing to just go get some pizza with a guy and yell at a video game with them for a few hours.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Finally, some people who aren't all "Why don't you date? You're in high school man, you got to practice for when you're out in the real world."

Those people just bother me. I've seen relationships that end up with each person hating the guts out of each other, break up, get back together, break up again, and have all sorts of emotional trauma over it.

I mean, things happen, I understand there are bad break-ups, but 99% of the people I see it happen to had it coming. I've heard of girls deleting all other female contacts on their boyfriend's phone. What kind of relationship is that?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:Finally, some people who aren't all "Why don't you date? You're in high school man, you got to practice for when you're out in the real world."

Those people just bother me. I've seen relationships that end up with each person hating the guts out of each other, break up, get back together, break up again, and have all sorts of emotional trauma over it.

I mean, things happen, I understand there are bad break-ups, but 99% of the people I see it happen to had it coming. I've heard of girls deleting all other female contacts on their boyfriend's phone. What kind of relationship is that?
Oh no bro, I'm totally in that boat. I just want to be single for a while after all the crap that happened between my last boyfriend and I. My relationships have really helped me grow as a person, and have shown me what I consider a deal-breaker or crap behavior. I'm experimenting with all the things I want and don't want in a relationship.

You know, I'm friends with all of my ex-boyfriends except for the most recent one. And he and I would have probably gotten back together, if he hadn't started making up a bunch of crap about me and trying to make me look like the bad guy, when I did nothing. He's just a completely immature jerk and I don't regret telling him where to go and how to get there two weeks ago. :P My life is going great and his has been failing apart. So... Yeah. Karma bites hard. I know he'll come back, but as of the current moment, I don't give a flying care after how he treated me.

And that, my friend, is what you'd call a deal-breaker girlfriend. :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I wish I dated more in high school. I was nervous and shy. Plus I didn't consider half of my dating pool, which kinda handicapped me.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I don't regret my lack of relationship experience or desire to gain such. = P

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I have literally zero dating experience, and it's primarily due to my complete inability to just ask a girl I like if she'd wanna go out. I've already missed several opportunities in the last couple years simply because I wasn't positive that they'd like me back, so I decided to just sit back and wait. And by the time I WAS positive that they liked me back, the door had already closed.

Blargh.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

My advice for dating and getting into a relationship...
Sleet wrote:
Souji wrote:Don't do it don't do it oh God get out while you still can. Run.
:P
Panda Panda Panda
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I had two crushes in my life and one that had a crush on me. The one that had a crush on me felt like the game-breaker for me, but i just couldn't go through with it due to my lack of responsibility. To make up for it though, I'm being responsible for my brother and sister =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey GameCobra, what does your signature say about a perpetual motion device?
Dissension wrote:I don't regret my lack of relationship experience or desire to gain such. = P
Oh so what am I, nothing? :P
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I've always dated the guys who were too shy or insecure to show that they really liked me, and by this point I'm just over it. I'm a very forward person and I'm not much for guessing games. By this point, if the guy doesn't pursue me or do the whole classic "I'm a guy and I like you so I'm going to find any reason to talk/flirt with you" I'm not going to bother. I've dealt with too many luke-warm personalities and it's not a good mix with my own strong attributes.

Shy Guys, if there's a lady in your life that you're pursuing right now, you might want to take notes. :P
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Beagle wrote:Shy Guys

I've already got several notebooks full of metaphorical notes on how to get myself a girlfriend. But I think they've been enchanted by a wizard to make all the pages glue themselves together whenever an attractive girl comes into the mix. So while she's metaphorically sauntering up to me, hair flowing off to the side from an imaginary wind, I'm desperately trying to slip my fingers in between the pages in order to pry those notes open.

And then she stops in front of me--I have both hands (and one of my legs) just starting to make some progress on the notebook, which I'm now gnawing on to get some extra leverage--and she says, "Hi," to which I respond by grunting through my gritted teeth. After a moment I realize who it is that's standing there, waiting for me to say something, and I freeze (leg still stuck comically in the air and teeth still clamped tightly on the notebook), look back and forth between her and the notebook a few times, and then fall over.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The best way for a boy to get a girlfriend is to view women as objects, and the act of getting one to date you as a conquest. It's a competition, and you need to overtake the girl's will to not be your girlfriend and make her want to. The more you ignore her feelings and treat her like a prize instead of a person, the better a chance you have.

-90% of guys
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbqre ... o1_500.jpg
Sleet wrote:The best way for a boy to get a girlfriend is to view women as objects, and the act of getting one to date you as a conquest. It's a competition, and you need to overtake the girl's will to not be your girlfriend and make her want to. The more you ignore her feelings and treat her like a prize instead of a person, the better a chance you have.

-90% of guys
See, this is what I'm talking about. I can be completely serious and then Sleet comes in and makes a big joke out of it. :P
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:The best way for a boy to get a girlfriend is to view women as objects, and the act of getting one to date you as a conquest. It's a competition, and you need to overtake the girl's will to not be your girlfriend and make her want to. The more you ignore her feelings and treat her like a prize instead of a person, the better a chance you have.

-90% of guys
You forgot to mentio nthat feelings are for girly men and if you show a woman you have them she won't date you.

Dating is pretty silly to me. I'd never do it for the sake of saying I have a girlfriend. If I'm gonna spennd that much time and money on a person they better be worth it. And since I'm not looking for it and not really much of a catch I'm pretty much stuck being single.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:Hey GameCobra, what does your signature say about a perpetual motion device?
Gravity.

Dating these days feels corny for me, but I like spending time with them. That alone should tell you how much you like them =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Seth wrote:... since I'm not looking for it and not really much of a catch I'm pretty much stuck being single.
Same.
Sleet wrote:
Dissension wrote:I don't regret my lack of relationship experience or desire to gain such. = P
Oh so what am I, nothing? :P
I didn't say complete lack of dating experience, jelly-head. = P

MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Beagle wrote:

....eh? *reads back* oohh... No, I didnt mean it like THAT, I meant you called Sleet a ”he”.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Dating is one of our silliest cultural expectations. All the effort you spend towards trying to forge a relationship with someone you just met could be better spent making friends.
Good friends are open and honest with one another. You don't have to worry about many of the negative aspects of relationships or meeting any gender-assigned expectations.
As your friendship with someone deepens, whatever gender they may be, you could then start a relationship or perhaps just decide to live together.

I really wish society worked like that.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?

Post by 0404 »

I don't want to care about relationship yet~ ♪ hehehe I'm just a happy little youngster.
you guys are old

edit: well, not 'any of...'
Last edited by 0404 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

title drop!!

Texas, could you come here and tell that to a good portion of my school :twisted: