De-fictionalizing Universes & Unrealities
I am pretty hard core into tabletop gaming, and I thought it would be pretty fun to create an actual playable analogue to Dragon and Pete's game. From what I can recall/find in the archives, the game works basically as follows:
- You need at least 3 players: two warring gods and a mediator (I.E. Dragon, Pete, and the kitsune, respectively)
- Each god has a temple, which serves as the base of their power
- Each god has a number of followers who can further their goals on the moral plane, and one Avatar who they control directly
- The gods' avatars will eventually face off and one will kill the other
- The bulk of the gods' machinations are to ensure that their respective avatars will be victorious
Some things that would have to change for a real version would be:
- The mediator would have to control each player's followers and interpret the ramifications of the players' actions
- There would have to be some limitations on what players could do and when
- There would have to be some organized mechanics for how avatars and followers function in the game
I am thinking that the d20 system core rules would be a good starting point for the crunchy parts of the rules.
Does anyone else have any thoughts or ideas on how I could make this work as an actual game?