Sleeping

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Re: Sleeping

Post by 0404 »

listening to cat purring is the best sleeping pill you can ever get.
I sleep about 8 hours every night.
McFly

Post by McFly »

The sound of a freight train passing by has always been my lullaby. :P

No joke.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

good music is the best sleep aid I can hope for.

Mostly this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPWNsGFXCZk

It always chills me out and puts me in a good mood. And, its lyrically perfect too!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I like going to sleep reading a book, though sometimes I can't sleep because I have to find out how the story ends.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Large stuffed animals make great back-support pillows while you're sleeping. I sleep with every single little light turned off in my room (I even turn my satellite box off). I'll sleep with the TV on if I've got a case of the sniffles though. And no matter how cold it is, I always have my ceiling fan on for air circulation and white noise.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

sleep is such a beautiful word

it soars in my mind like a beautiful bird

if sleep were food IT'S A DISH I'D DEVOUR

EVERY HOUR

Except I can't.

:I
*cough*
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Beagle wrote:Large stuffed animals make great back-support pillows while you're sleeping. I sleep with every single little light turned off in my room (I even turn my satellite box off). I'll sleep with the TV on if I've got a case of the sniffles though. And no matter how cold it is, I always have my ceiling fan on for air circulation and white noise.
This is exactly what I do minus the stuffed animals! I don't like having the fan off or the air feels to still or something. Also white noise is amazing, when I was little I used to listen to a random tape when I went to sleep but now I have a white noise maker instead. My favorite one to sleep to is rain, but it has a heartbeat feature that I get to use to scare people on Halloween by playing out the Tale Tell Heart by Edgar Allen Poe.
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Zukio wrote:
Beagle wrote:Large stuffed animals make great back-support pillows while you're sleeping. I sleep with every single little light turned off in my room (I even turn my satellite box off). I'll sleep with the TV on if I've got a case of the sniffles though. And no matter how cold it is, I always have my ceiling fan on for air circulation and white noise.
This is exactly what I do minus the stuffed animals! I don't like having the fan off or the air feels to still or something. Also white noise is amazing, when I was little I used to listen to a random tape when I went to sleep but now I have a white noise maker instead. My favorite one to sleep to is rain, but it has a heartbeat feature that I get to use to scare people on Halloween by playing out the Tale Tell Heart by Edgar Allen Poe.
Exactly. I hate the stillness of the air. And I have a rain track on my iPod that I listen to if I ever sleep over at someone's house.
For the record, I have one large penguin, I don't sleep with tons and tons of stuff in my bed. :P I have a large body pillow and a regular pillow (for more back support). I'm pretty cacooned when I sleep, and I only have a twin-sized bed.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Beagle wrote: I'm pretty cacooned when I sleep, and I only have a twin-sized bed.
One thing that I love doing in the winter is to take the blankets and make a nice small cocoon. That, the fan, and white noise make for the best night of sleep in my opinion.
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sleep, what is sleep. They don't let us that that in college D:
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
13Swords

Post by 13Swords »

I hate sleep. All I can think about are the minutes and hours that slip on by, dropping into the fiery pits of the past. I wish I didn't have to sleep. It'd be like a superpower- never be tired.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Sleeping is probably my worst skill and I get worse every day
Image Image
13Swords

Post by 13Swords »

Not that I -like- sleeping... in fact, I hate it, but my favorite way to go to sleep is by turning on a box fan. It blocks out all the other minor noises, and your brain tunes IT out, and since no other noises can get through... it's like perfect silence, but without that annoying ringing.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Heavy Rain. Period.
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

legendario13 wrote:Heavy Rain. Period.
There's a really spiffy pet adoption center nearby that has a stream of constant running water on the glass ceiling of every pen. Apparently the white noise keeps them relaxed. I want one too.
Image Image
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

CaptainPea wrote:There's a really spiffy pet adoption center nearby that has a stream of constant running water on the glass ceiling of every pen. Apparently the white noise keeps them relaxed. I want one too.
Oh god, that would be so cool and its soooo necessary for me.
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

If I'm focused on basketball, then 'Every minute you're asleep, someone else is getting better than you'

If you go and injure yourself in practice like I did yesterday, thenzzzzzzzzzzzzz