HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by valerio »

janus closed the door. "okay. we're alone. this is no-entry territory, not even Mom can interrupt us. What's the matter?" he asked, trying to hide his anxiety. What if he had upset Buster? Drat, he hadn't thought he could've spooked the bunny. And what if buster told everyone not to trust him... Calmcalmcalmcalmcalmcalm!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster took a deep breath to prepare for this. "I'll just come right out and say it. I'm pretty sure I've developed feelings for you and I want to explore them," he said blushing. "I mean... dating, and whatever people usually do in relationships."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus heard the word.
Not daring to believe them. his mind blabked out for a second or two...then it became a turmoil of coinflicting emotions of excitement, fear, happiness, fear, as a dopey smile distended his mouth.
he likes me! he likes and he wants to date me! odoghesmellslikeheavenandAND I'LL GUT HIM, SHRED HIM, FEAST ON HIM! that last sentence was like an explosion of pure blackness, something Janus had never, ever thought he could even conceive. In that brief moment, he even *felt* the smell of prey and death and a short, horrible growl emerged from his throat
The result? "NO!" he jumped back as if he had been electrocuted, slammed into the door...and fainted, effectively blacking out.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

This was definitely not the reaction Buster was expecting. His blush was replaced by worry.
He rushed to Janus's side and knelt down. He grabbed Janus's shoulders and asked "Janus, are you okay? What's wrong?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

<This is what I had hoped for,> Hubert's cool, soothing voice spoke into the rabbit's mind. <Now it is the moment, mortal: open your paw, the right one. Look.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster looked to his paw, then slowly opened it. He was now holding some kind of key. It looked fairly old. "what is this?" he asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Unbeknown to you, I had to do it, I am sorry. I knew this was going to happen in a moment while I was imprisoned.
<This is a symbol for the link you share with Janus, something I created during your visit to his memories. Just put the key to his head, and it will open once again the door to his memories... But this time, thanks to the link, you will have the chance to intervene, to change a part of his history, before the Hunter is fully born.
<If you succeed, Janus will be once, though different from the one you knew so far. If you fail, your mind will be destroyed. I cannot avoid that, nor help you. It is up to your good heart and courage. And I will not blame you, should you decide to retreat. This is a chance, not an obligation.>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster stared at the key in his paw. Was this really how he would save Janus? he expected it to take a lot longer.
Then he thought of what Hubert said about if he failed. Was he really willing to risk his mind getting destroyed? Would he really risk putting his family through that?
and what can he actually do in there? would he intervene in the initial cause of the hunter's birth? Hubert had said specifically before he was fully born. So would he be partially born? Was the hunter fully formed by his first outing, or would that be the moment that he'd be intervening in?
But all while he thought these things, he just kept looking back at Janus. If he did nothing, he'd soon be gone forever. And innocents would suffer in the meantime. Knowing that he let it happen would probably drive him crazy anyway. He couldn't just run away and let someone he loves lose their life. not again.

"If I don't make it out in one piece, tell my parents I love them and I'm sorry. Or tell Tara to tell them. And tell her, too. Just tell everyone you've seen me interacting with."

and with those possibly last words, he put the key to Janus's head and entered into his memories.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

'Blink of an eye' couldn't describe it.
A moment before, Buster was leaning over Janus in his room at Applegate.
Now he was kneeling before a beaten, broken, more dead than alive pup, who for some reason was still breathing. as he pitifully tried to curl up to escape a punishment he didn't know what he had done to deserve.
And this time, buster was not seeing from afar, as a spectator of a horror movie.
He was in it.
In front of him, the rabbit had the three police dogs who, until a second ago, were busy inflicting the most possible pain to a living being.
At the corner of his eyes, as if it was just a shade, a not defined presence and yet there, like something waiting to find flesh and bone, the unmistakable presence of the Hunter...
"And who the ***** are you?!" said the german shepherd, his fist still raised to strike at the innocent pup who had made a single mistake. Getting a crush over a homophobic monster and his gang.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster stood up slowly, staring at the three dogs.
"I'm the rabbit who's going to make sure you get what you deserve for what you've done to this innocent pup." He said calmly. His face showed no emotion... no anger, no hatred, and most importantly, no fear. fear is what gives jerks like these their courage.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The three canines looked at each other. Any trace of stupor for that boldness melted in a hearty, cruel laugh. "Oh, DOG!" The packleader said. "A *bunny* playing lionheart! That is so *rich*!" He grabbed Buster by the collar, drew the rabbit to himself, flashing him a malevolent grin. "You know what, treat?! When I'm done with you, I'll have my lucky feet!" He raised his fist, ready to strike...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Quickly, Buster reached up and unbuckled his collar, falling to the ground. He immediately delivered the strongest uppercut he could into the dog's more sensitive area, adding even more force by pushing himself forward with his natural bunny leg strength.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The dog seemed to froze, a funny expression on his muzzle, as if he wasn't really registering what had just happened.
Then the pain kicked in, and he gurgled as he fell on his knees, almost unable ot breath curling up just like his victim...
"GET HIM!" said the other two, running toward Buster. Howling like demented, mad creatures, spitting...their eyes unnaturally red and glowing, their shapes blurring, but their intentions all too clear! "How do you dare?! DIE DIE DIE, MONSTER!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster waited until the two were almost close enough to grab him... Then he just dove towards the feet of one of them so as to throw him off balance. He would roll back to his feet as soon as the dog fell over him so the other one wouldn't be able to get him easily.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

By now, after they had been toppled down like two clumsy stooges, they were looking like black and whiite, snowy images. Only those evil eyes were still six pools of colors.
"You can't get rid of us," said the shepherd, getting up first. "We are part of him. *Tzzk* We will make him suffer forever. *Tzzk* because he deserved it.*tzzk*just like you..."
And they advanced, slowly, grinning...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"The only ones who deserve this is you," he said calmly as the dogs grew closer to him. "you deserve worse. and you will get worse." He stood his ground, still not showing a hint of emotion. "You may be a part of him, but you're a cancerous part. And you will be removed."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

And, in the corner of his eye, the shade became...more defined. The presence of the Hunter was becoming stronger.
"This is wrong," said...the pup.
Still there, laying immobile, bleeding, broken...and his eyes open and looking at Buster with a horrid clarity. He was speaking and there was no mistaking the unnatural calm in it.
The shade extended an arm toward Buster.
The ghosts of that horrific memory turned their heads toward their victim, snarling like wolves.
The pup kept looking at Buster. "This is not the right time. You were tricked into coming here, when it's over. Think again. Think when. Or you'll be lost. "Help me," he added, as the monster went down against him.
And the Hunter howled, ready to touch his hapless victim.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

what? Buster thought. **** I knew it was odd to intervene after he'd already suffered. but what memory do I need to be in? the beginning of the fight or earlier?

Buster's mind was racing, trying to figure out what he needed to do. what he needed to think, where he needed to intervene. It must be the beginning.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The dogs stopped!
They looked at Buster, and this time *they* were scared, the same fright that reflected in their howls as they tried a desperate lunge at the meddling bunny--
the air was filled by the sound of a clock! *TOCK* it went.
A single stroke.
And yet, powerful like a hurricane, as it destroyed everything in sight and started decomposing the shadows.
*TOCK* it went again, and the reality crumbled.
The ghosts became translucid, then disappeared like dust.
The Hunter stopped.
*TOCK* went the invisible clock, and what remained of that frightful memory disappeared.
Replaced by a room.

*tock**tock**tock* was going the clock on the wall, as it marked an hour Buster had seen already several times.
And the room was not less familiar.
As it was not the pup looking at himself in the mirror, humming a song.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster looked around, glad that he was safe, at least for the time being.
He smiled as he saw the happy pup in front of him... and this wasn't his usual fake smile. It was genuine.
he stepped closer to him.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The little one startled. But when he turned, there was no trace of fright or perplexity for a stranger in his own room. He just wagged. "Oh! hey mr. bunny! Did you come from a secret bunny-hole?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Heh, something like that, yeah," he replied. "Nice room you have here."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus wagged even harder. "Really? I told Mom which stuff to buy! She too likes it. What's your name?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"My name's Buster. and yours is?"
well this smalltalk is nice, but I'm sure it can't be this easy.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I am Janus. And you smell like springtime, you know?" He giggled "Funny. Why are you here? I must go to a secret date. But don't tell Mom or she'll come and it'll be sooo embarrasing."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"don't worry, you're secret's safe with me." telling her would probably be outside the scope of my ability to change things, anyway.
"But are you sure going alone on a date is such a good idea?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Of course it is!" he paused to reflect about that, in the cutest puzzled expression he could show. "I mean, it's safe because I'm gonna meet a very special one, a hero! He's a police dog and works here!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"well even with the good ones, dates don't always work out well. You may want a friend nearby who you can talk to about it if the date goes badly."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The pup looked at the bunny, this time as if he was hearing very silly words. "Don't worry! I'll be safe. See ya later!" and, giggling again, he ran...and passed through Buster. opened the door and went out the room.
And then the door slammed itself shut, the lock turning with a deep metallic sound
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"**** I hope I wasn't supposed to convince him not to go. But at that age he'd never believe that police officers can be bad people. I'll just have to be there before he gets hurt."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Will it be so?" said a voice. A grim, familiar one. Behind him!
The Hunter!
it was there, a reflection in the mirror, a ghost of things to come, looking at Buster with mistrust and barely contained rage. The thing placed a paw against the other side of the mirror. "Will you be there for him? With me?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'll be there for him, but not with you." He said, staring at the hunter's reflection. "You're just as bad as those ******** who did this to him."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The thing behind the mirror started to giggle -an insane, monstrous parody of the puppy's innocent joy.
"Wrong answer, bunny," he said, flashing his fangs, already dripping blood, while he pressed, and mirror started creaking. "But thank you for participating. Next time, you'll be *really* unlucky!"
the mirror exploded! a shower of cutting glass invested Buster, pushing him against the locked door as the monster jumped toward him, roaring--
and the door opened! The rabbit and the pieces of glass, each one reflecting a stage of the drama to follow, fell into the dark void behind the door--
and then he was back into Janus' room.
At Applegate.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster looked around. at least his mind didn't feel destroyed, that was good. "****, I knew it was too soon," he said. If everything had ended right now, it would have been way too easy.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Do not feel so confident!> Hubert's voice almost came as a whiplash. It was the first time the spirit dragon was...angry. <You have failed! And you cannot reenter his mind, the Hunter will defend it now that he knows you can interfere! And with each passing day, Janus' death nears.>
The half-wolf opened his eyes. He moaned and looked at Buster as if not recognizing him. "Uhh, what...happened? Buster? What..." he looked around, still groggy. Tried to stand up, wobbled and fell down again. "Uhh...never felt like this during daytime... Hey..." he tried to smile, but it came out as a pained expression. "What are you doing here?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Just came by for a visit," he said, once again wearing his fake smile. It seemed as though Janus had forgotten what he had said before, so he didn't want to risk making him faint again.
I had no idea what I had to do, he thought back at Hubert, annoyed. I can't be blamed for failing to do something If I don't know what it is... c-can I? His annoyance was replaced by worry and sadness. p-please tell me I didn't just screw up our last chance to save him. at this point, he was holding back tears. He couldn't let Janus know what was going on.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

<*sigh* I'll think of something, no use to worry now. He's exhausted, that first contact with his dark half drained him of his scarce energies. Let him rest. Tonight he'll be back.>
Janus used Hubert's shoudler to stand up. "Sleepy. I...tell Gage...painting. Sorry." he stammered to his bed, before collapsing and laying immobile, as if dead.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

a tear rolled down Buster's cheek. "I'm sorry," he said as he headed back downstairs.

"What happened?" Tara asked him.

"I may have ruined our best chance at helping him, and I think he still doesn't know how I feel." he replied sadly.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles could feel the darkness. He could feel it. In fact. He could always feel it. He never told anyone though. Whenever something bad was going on, he could tell in what direction, or to whom sometimes. But, now that he was part of the spirit world, it felt much stronger. He had stopped laughing the second Buster had entered Janus's mind. But he had no idea what was going on. And he was afraid to ask. But he had to anyway.

Tara. Is everything okay over there? He asked her.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

not as okay as it could be, she thought back. Buster hasn't said exactly what happened, but he's crying.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets