Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by Roarin »

"And... you just found that...lying around?" Saying it in a semi-sarcastic way. Trigger scratched the back of his neck. "Yay... more magic stuff..." He thought to himself unenthusiastically. But that didn't stop him from being just as curious. Izarc did say he had an interesting past (if being the pet to a famous clothing designer wasn't interesting enough). Hmm... The husky waited for Iudex to respond.

"One cup a coffee...check." The women looked down at her small notepad, took a pencil that she had in her pocket, and scribbled down the order. "And... what would you two like?" Glancing between the other two pets.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex addressed the waitress first, "Hot black tea and and whichever pastry is the best." He said in a neutral tone before turning back to his companions, looking down on the little round mirror with dread and pulled towards himself. "Iudex does not quite know what you wish of him. Iudex can no longer use tools like this. But it does look like a copy if the one Iudex's master made long ago, but this one is newer, unused." The cat mumbled sadly. A miasma of thought seeped into his head, why would this stranger have a copy of his tool. More importantly, , why did he find it?
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Izarc Leaned over the table and retreived the tool from Iudex after he examined it.

"Guess I must tell how this was found.." He sighed, closing the box and wrapping it once again.

He waited untill Trigger ordered somthing and the waitress had gone until he continued..

"As said, I found in medical centre.." Izarc shudders "..In central Russia, I did not care why it was there
but I knew it wasn't supposed to be.. Was in storage, with big machines and.. Tools..
" Izarc shudders again, then looks down at his paws on the table. "The reason for my being there is another story.. A terrible one.."

A short moment of silence follows.. Izarc's brain spinning with memories of bright lights in his eyes and the smells of strong chemicals filling his nose.. He shakes his head then speaks again.

"I would tell you, but somewhere more.. Secluded.." Izarc finishes, still looking down at the table.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

The walk from the training center to home was supposed to be easy. Cruiser had done it so many times that he could probably do it in his sleep. But now, paranoia had its grasp on the young shepherd’s mind. Was it just him, or was today’s usual flow of traffic and fellow pedestrians far less than normal? The streets were to desolate and quiet...

Just a few more blocks, across the highway, and he’d be home free. Cruiser kept reminding himself of that, but the thought of being stalked by what was probably an eldritch abomination, made every step without seeing another living being or moving car as suspenseful as a soldier’s march behind enemy lines. He could disappear right where he stood and nobody would be the wiser. He HAD to get home…and HAD to see his dad.

Cruiser tucked his boxes under one arm and began jogging. He would have loved to run, but he didn’t want to risk dropping and breaking one of the boxes and their contents.

As he rounded the corner of a small store, Cruiser accidently bumped into someone…again. “*Oof!* Whoa, I’m sorry!” He quickly apologized to the...little girl?
It looked like someone’s child. She was fully clothed, had a silvery grey neckerchief, and had a bag slung over her shoulder in a familiar fashion. If not for her scent and collar, Cruiser would have easily mistaken her for a little girl. But it was in fact a cat he’d bumped into. He backed up and moved away a few feet with one of his paws up in an apologetic manner. “I’m real sorry about that...” Then he turned to continue walking.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

This place is so…bland…” Harley spoke with a quick shake of her head yet again, as she kept her bag close to herself. The streets were next to empty, as the soles of her shoes squeaked against the ground with her steps every now and then. “I just hope I know my way around this place well enough to know where I’m going.” Harley continued to talk to herself, before she crossed a corner.

She let out an “Ooof!” As she suddenly bumped into someone. She looked up to see that it was a canine. “My apologies sir, I didn’t mean to be in the way.” She apologized kindly, before she watched the dog pass her. Harley continued to keep walking, before she stopped, and thought for a second. “I saw him before! I know that face; I saw…no no…” She spoke, as she turned around to see the dog moving along. She squinted her eyes for a moment, before she clicked her tongue and jogged around to the front of him, to get a better look at his face.

I-I thought that was you!…” She said with wide eyes, as she suddenly became frantic. "Listen! You can't be out here! it's not safe, you need to-" She thought her frantic words over carefully, and she took a deep breath, as she was able to keep herself calm now. “I'm sorry about that, my name is Harley Parker. I-i’ve been looking for you. You’re Cruizer.” She spoke with a calm tone, as she pushed out her paw for a shake. Then, she reached into her kit, and pulled out her scrap-book. "I was actually going to come down to the training facility to find you, but i don't know my way around too well, i'm glad i found you here." She explained.

N-n-now…I don’t want to be the barer of bad news...or you…or get you worked up over anything right now, just…I need you to tell me something…” She spoke, as she took a deep breath, and looked behind the canine, confirming that no one was around.

There’s something following you…isn’t there. It’s…” She led off for a moment, before she moved slightly closer to Cruizer.

It’s not human is it?”
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

simple things wrote:I-I thought that was you!…” She said with wide eyes, as she suddenly became frantic. "Listen! You can't be out here! it's not safe, you need to-" She thought her frantic words over carefully, and she took a deep breath, as she was able to keep herself calm now.
Cruiser continued walking, but stopped after the oddly clothed pet cut him off. He made a short huff though his nose, what could this cat want? His expression completely blanked at the frantic warning for his safety. The Dutch shepherd straightened himself up and adjusted the boxes under his arm. Something was up.
simple things wrote:I'm sorry about that, my name is Harley Parker. I-i’ve been looking for you. You’re Cruizer.” She spoke with a calm tone, as she pushed out her paw for a shake. Then, she reached into her kit, and pulled out her scrap-book. "I was actually going to come down to the training facility to find you, but i don't know my way around too well, i'm glad i found you here." She explained.
Cruiser, leaned forward ever so slightly as he carefully shook Harley’s paw, sniffing the air and taking note of her scent. He put on a skeptical face as she explained herself and what her intents were. The dressed up cat pulled a folder of some kind out of her bag. Cruiser could only speculate why, and just what this cat was doing. It was weird enough she knew him, and was apparently so intent on finding him that she was willing to follow a path all the way to the center where he trained.

“W-what?” he slightly stuttered. “Look...if this is some kinda-“
simple things wrote:N-n-now…I don’t want to be the barer of bad news...or you…or get you worked up over anything right now, just…I need you to tell me something…” She spoke, as she took a deep breath, and looked behind the canine, confirming that no one was around. “There’s something following you…isn’t there. It’s…” She led off for a moment, before she moved slightly closer to Cruizer.

It’s not human is it?”
The security dog’s eyes widened and he took a step back. Suddenly he felt angry again. “OH really?? How would YOU know CAT!” He barked and clenched his free paw into a fist. Rumors nothing, either a certain Akita had blabbed about what he’d seen, and word had gotten around that quickly, or this cat had been stalking him just as much as that skinny, faceless freak. “What would you know? Huh?” He repeated in borderline hysterical anger. It probably would have been easy to read. Cruiser backed up a little more and pressed his paw against his head.

“I..uh…” He cussed to himself, looking at the ground. “I’m sorry...” He looked up again, and had apparently regained control of his emotions. “Please just...what are you doing, what do you know about me, or ANY of this? How?” He asked with only a concerned expression and an apologetic tone of voice.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Harley was suddenly startled by Cruiser’s outburst, as she blinked in surprise a few times. She remained with a straight posture, and eye contact to the hound. The girl pulled out a notepad and a small pen, and jotted down a few notes. [Cruiser seemed to be serious about my question, perhaps he’s not taking this as a joke at all.] She wrote down, before making a few more dot-points, describing Cruisers physical description. And reaction. “I’ll keep these notes for future reference.” She spoke in an almost silent whisper, before she looked back up to the shepherd.

Don’t worry; I’m not from any organizations, or anything of the sort. I actually moved here not too long ago. But that’s not here, nor now.” She spoke, as she tried to not waste any precious time. “I’ve literally only known you for about thirty five minutes. I’m an amateur detective you see.” She continued to explain, before she looked around cautiously again. She scrunched her lower lip for a moment, before she pulled the hound to a shady corner of the area.

I’ve been doing some research on the main lumber-mill of this city, it was actually my original case that I was going to work on. But after I was reading up on Edge, I found a link, to some of the training videos you make.” She spoke.

There’s one video, where it becomes distorted, and there’s something that quickly moves behind you. I had to slow it down frame by frame to see what it was. You can imagine what I saw.” She continued to explain to the male, as she flipped open her book, and read through. “In 1994, a rabbit named Maurice went missing completely. He had counselling with a professional, he described hearing a high pitched ringing filling his sensitive ears almost always, and told his counselor he was being followed, by a man, with no….face.” Harley explained to Cruiser, before flipping to another page.

Five years before, a corgi named Edward was reported missing, and after years of search. They closed the case. The last thing they have from him, was drawings that Edward made, that his parents found under his bed.” Harley continued to speak, as she held the book open for Cruiser to see. Showing dark scribbles of a tall figure in black, with a blank area for a face. “These were drawings he made. I just printed the pictures from the website.” Harley finished, before she closed the book.

Pets are going missing because of this thing. I know for sure that it can’t be human, because it’s been happening for years and years. Many more years than any life expectancy of a human. Or any known cult or group.” The feline said with a slight rasp.

If what I saw wasn’t a trick. Then you are in mortal danger. Cruiser.” Harley spoke with a slight pang of sadness

The thing is…” She began, pulling off her neckerchief, and looking up into the Shepard’s eyes with sadness.

I don’t know how I can help you with this. I solve mysteries and legends, not to protect people from them…”
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser just stared at Harley as she pulled out a notepad and began writing something down. Even if he was keeping calm, he still felt suspicious. This was one weird pet.

“Amateur detective.” He repeated, slightly relieved that this cat wasn’t some stalker, as far as he could trust her. Though reluctant, Cruiser allowed Harley to lead him to the covered porch of a closed store. The streets were already pretty empty, but Harley must have thought it necessary to ensure their conversation was private.
--

As Harley spoke, Cruiser simply stood silent. Again, his eyes went wide, and his breaths became slightly heavier.

It’s bull****...please be lying...please be some kind of joke...

The words flipped through his mind in some futile hope for none of the new information he was being told to be true. His fears intensified the more Harley went on to explain. If this was the truth, then the situation was far worse than Cruiser had imagined. It was his initial assumption that his encounters with the tall man were all a recent phenomenon, just suddenly focused on him. But it wasn’t so, It was much worse. If this cat was being honest, then this could mean the encounters and all the sudden mayhem in his life was premeditated. The most recent video he updated to his online account covering his work at the training center was added over a month ago. But Harley wasn’t specific, she could have been referring to a video he added a year ago for all he knew.

Cruiser felt sick to his stomach with fear and worry. He listened to the cat read off what sounded like records you’d get from the police or humane society. Those pets disappeared, all of them. They’re vanishing left and right across the city...all because of THIS ******* THING. He screamed in his head as Harley showed him the crudely sketched drawing of a suited man with no face.

The shocked Dutch shepherd fought to hold his stoic composure. But he felt like he was shivering with fear. This wasn’t a joke...he was being faced with the terrible reality once more. This thing that was taking pets, ripping them away from their family and lives forever...it was out there. The accumulating LOST posters, the increasingly obvious concerns from the city officials, the horrific rumors that were spreading like wildfire...they all testified the truth. There was a monster out there, and it was coming for him...

--
Cruiser took a deep breath and let it out, sounding slightly stuttered. Then he snickered to himself. He looked up to Harley with a broad smile and falsely enthusiastic expression. “Heheheh...Well that’s just fan-******’-tastic then, isn’t it?” He laughed to himself a little more, desperate for some kind of relief from the horrible news. He curled over as if breathlessly, heartily, laughing. He gripped the boxes under his arm to the point of almost crushing them.

When he looked back up, his smile was quickly fading, and fear was in his eyes. “So what now detective? As far as I was concerned this was just someone’s ****** up idea of a joke. But I don’t wanna play, even if it’s NOT. First things first, I’m telling my dad about this, if there’s anyone who’s gonna believe and help me it’s him. I need to get home...”
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

D-Singer wrote:They passed the humane society. So by now, anyone who was keeping aware of where they were being taken might have felt at least a slight pang of worry. Where else could they being going. The driver did say he was a doctor and a friend didn’t he?

Minutes passed, and finally they began to near the edge of the forest, past a very large public storage facility, and finally up to a row of buildings at the end of yet another cracked unkempt asphalt road. It was an equally dead, fringing area of downtown, where nobody had any business going. The van backed up into an alley between two of the large several-story structures.

The secluded location, quiet surroundings, and ancient looking brick buildings, left an impression that almost perfectly matched the depressing air about their driver. Someone could easily get the vibe of it being the scene of an abduction case...

Dr. Raeon parked and shut off the SUV, the stepped outside. Zaya had already begun unclipping her seat belt and getting ready to hop outside. After about a minute the side door next to Plamen opened. “Carefully, step out and follow me. Everyone.” Still. The doctor was keeping a close eye on Plamen, making sure he wasn’t going to collapse or fall again.
Plamen grinned at the doctor as he unclipped his seat-belt and got off the SUV.
"Doc, you look at me as if I'm about to fall apart. I told ya I went through worse."
Even though the GSD's spirit was high, he still was fully aware that he was injured and needed medical attention. Even though, he couldn't resist to fake a loss of balance a few steps after he got off the Doctor's vehicle.
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
simple things

Post by simple things »

Harley didn't have to be a psychic to see that Cruiser was panicking. “Hey…it’s alright, Cruiser, you’re going be okay.” She attempted to console the canine in any way she could at that moment. Before she pushed her scrap-book and notepad back into her kit, and closed the flap down.

The girl absentmindedly cleared her throat at the shepherd’s crude language. She scratched the back of her head for a moment, before smiling up to the dog, keeping her posture straight.

I would think that, this would be the best thing to do as well. If I was in your situation, the only other person I could tell would be my mom.” The girl explained, patting the shepherds back in consolation one last time. “If you’d like, I can come with you to explain. And it might help a little; I only need to go around once to know my way.” She explained, smiling yet again. She stepped out of the shade and looked around carefully. She had the urge to pull out her notepad yet again, but refrained from doing so.

"Lead the way, Cruiser."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger leaned back against his chair in silence. Okay so... Whatever Izarc got from what did he say? Central Russia? Was the same thing Iudex had... And... He shook his head. Mystical talismans and hidden plots weren't his forte. "Well, let's focus on getting Iudex's 'spark' back first." Being inexperienced on this particular subject he looked around the table. "Any ideas?"

Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Izarc sighed as he put the box back into his bag.

"Maybe Iudex's master know how.." He suggests, rubbing his left ear where the cut was, it somehow always seemed to calm him..

~~~

The reasons were unknown to Izarc, but he knew they put somthing in there, somthing to 'help' them keep him locked away in their 'tests' and 'experiments'. they were.. Unpleasant.

~~~

The russian stopped rubbing his ear just then, and looked to Iudex.

"Well, it up to you, Iudex..
Character Reference
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

HarlequinRed wrote:Parker took the menu with a nod. "Thank you." he then replied in a sour tone as he began to look through the menu,
So what do you guys say after yo ueat we go find someone to help us figure out what we're dealing with? There's got to be someone in this city that knows what's up.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex looked down at his paws folded on the table, "That may be a viable option..." He muttered, "Yes, we must seek out Iudex's master..." The cat said again at the same volume, the oasis in his head began to rise again
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:
D-Singer wrote:They passed the humane society. So by now, anyone who was keeping aware of where they were being taken might have felt at least a slight pang of worry. Where else could they being going. The driver did say he was a doctor and a friend didn’t he?

Minutes passed, and finally they began to near the edge of the forest, past a very large public storage facility, and finally up to a row of buildings at the end of yet another cracked unkempt asphalt road. It was an equally dead, fringing area of downtown, where nobody had any business going. The van backed up into an alley between two of the large several-story structures.

The secluded location, quiet surroundings, and ancient looking brick buildings, left an impression that almost perfectly matched the depressing air about their driver. Someone could easily get the vibe of it being the scene of an abduction case...

Dr. Raeon parked and shut off the SUV, the stepped outside. Zaya had already begun unclipping her seat belt and getting ready to hop outside. After about a minute the side door next to Plamen opened. “Carefully, step out and follow me. Everyone.” Still. The doctor was keeping a close eye on Plamen, making sure he wasn’t going to collapse or fall again.
Plamen grinned at the doctor as he unclipped his seat-belt and got off the SUV.
"Doc, you look at me as if I'm about to fall apart. I told ya I went through worse."
Even though the GSD's spirit was high, he still was fully aware that he was injured and needed medical attention. Even though he couldn't resist to fake a loss of balance a few steps after he got off the Doctor's vehicle.
"Oh my gosh, Plamen!" Skya said, quickly unbuckling herself and climbing out of the van. "Are you alright?" She asked, keeping herself as close to him as she could, while keeping herself a comfortable distance from the apparent vet, or doctor, or whatever he was. She knew he was at least somewhat trustworthy, but the smell of cigarette that was coming off of him, and then the area they were in, did little to make her feel even remotely comfortable when close to him.

Although she'd had few experiences, including yesterday, involving Zaya's friends, Skya was sure that anyone who Zaya said you can trust, you can trust... Even if they're probably the creepiest creep-face you've ever met.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Yeah, yeah, great." Parker than said just to get him off his back. He didn't really want to rely on some sort of spiritualists or something but he had no choice since it was the only way he knew of that seemed to make sense. He then looked for the waiter and flagged her down with a wave of his hand.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Leafolawl wrote:"Oh my gosh, Plamen!" Skya said, quickly unbuckling herself and climbing out of the van. "Are you alright?" She asked, keeping herself as close to him as she could, while keeping herself a comfortable distance from the apparent vet, or doctor, or whatever he was. She knew he was at least somewhat trustworthy, but the smell of cigarette that was coming off of him, and then the area they were in, did little to make her feel even remotely comfortable when close to him.

Although she'd had few experiences, including yesterday, involving Zaya's friends, Skya was sure that anyone who Zaya said you can trust, you can trust... Even if they're probably the creepiest creep-face you've ever met.
Scratch poked her head out of the van, glancing about cautiously. After waiting for the others, she slid out, carefully closing the door a little bit behind her and sliding close behind Skya, then moving closer to Zaya, keeping herself secluded within the group...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"That will be the challenge," Soren said, "finding such a person."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

That's true, I don't really know how to differentiate between the real deal and a fake. But hey we could look some up in hte phonebook and try a couple. Maybe we'll get lucky.

The waitress returned ready to take Parker's order.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Ignoring the two for just a few seconds, Parker looked at the waitress. "Yeah, BBQ Cheeseburger, large fries and orange soda." said the akita to her in a strained calm tone since he knew there was a lot more important things to be doing, but he was really hungry.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"We can see" Soren said, "worst case, we wander into a church of some kind"

(OOC: How should we go about this? Find a psychic like Sabrina?)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Regardless of what Plamen said, Raeon paid most of his interest towards him, being the most obviously injured of the group. Once his vehicle was secured, he unlocked what appeared to be the building’s emergency exit. All the pets were wordlessly ushered inside.

Zaya’s expression seemed to be completely stoic, but she was making sure everyone kept in close proximity as they were escorted down a long hallway of doors. The dusty smell worn and appearance once again indicated that they had been taken to a building that had not seen serious use in a long time. The tile floor was full of scuff marks, the paint on the walls had a faded light grey color, and most noticeably it was dead silent, spare for the faint tapping of the four animal’s paws on the tile floor and the doctor’s much louder footsteps as he led the way.

Another detail worth mentioning was that the only light within the long hall they followed, came only from the sunlight which passed through the dusty and fogged up windows to their right. Hardly anything could be seen through them, but if it was possible, they would likely see no more than a fenced in employee parking lot, and beyond that, the wall of towering trees that made up the forest.

--
At the end of the hall, the doctor unlocked another heavy door and pushed it open with a loud creak, then simply stood by and allowed Zaya to guide her friends into the room behind it. The silence was turning out to be rather suspenseful considering the situation the four animals found themselves in. Raeon was of course not fazed by it in the slightest, but he still had his doubts about three of the animals which were accompanying him. Of Zaya’s trust, he was certain. But the raccoon, the cat, and the injured dog...was their confidence and apparent calmness coming solely from Zaya’s word that he was a friend, and worthy of trust? Soon he would find out.

Within the room it was pitched dark at first, but instantly there was something recognizably different. The musty, old smell that existed in the halls disappeared, and was replaced by that familiar scent of disinfectant and sterile plastics, common in any health clinic. The room’s fluorescent lights clicked on to verify that it was indeed in better shape than the rest of the building.

Padded chairs lined each side of the room, and separating them each by the fourth seat was a small desktop with either a dated newspaper, some horribly boring magazines, and on one in particular was a self-help guide to stress alleviation. It was a typical waiting room, or at the very least a room separate from where treated patients might be put to rest to ensure silence and comfort.

All those details aside, Zaya instantly found her attention locked onto what she at first thought was another person who had already been waiting there. Slouched on the chair closest to the opposing door, was a mannequin, or dummy, or scarecrow of some sort...

The only telltale sign that indicated it’s apparently inanimate nature was the lack of any human scent. As weak as Zaya’s sense of smell might have been compared to the average dog, she still couldn’t identify it as human...most likely a scarecrow. It’s body was lanky looking, and was clothed in a grey turtleneck sweater, a pair of faded denim jeans, white gloves, dark sneakers which looked far too large, and a black hat which covered the very straw-like hair which poked out from under it. It’s facial features looked typical for that of a crop ornament. They looked dead.

Was Raeon keeping this thing in his ‘office’ as some kind of Halloween decoration? The wolfhound’s eyes quickly switched from the doctor to the scarecrow propped up in the farthest chair. It was a bothersome question, but Zaya decided simply not to ask. She knew very well that Dr. Raeon didn’t like having to answer trivial questions...

“You three may have a seat. Plamen, if you’ll please follow me.” The tall human ushered the injured dog over to the door across the room and opened it, gesturing for him to step inside.

Zaya quietly took her seat in the row of chairs opposing the scarecrow. Not that it was creepy to her, but it was strange...kind of an anomaly considering the place they were in...

--

Cruiser had already began walking away, and was muttering something to himself by the time Harley mention tagging along. He stared blankly at the cat for a few seconds. “Sure…why not. In fact, you’re going to further show me what's going on and help me explain all this when we get there. You can start by pointing out exactly when you saw this thing in my videos.” The young shepherd was sounding rather demanding of Harley, rather than accepting of the help. It might have been understandable. Under stress and fear, dogs had different attitudes when dealing with the situation. For Cruiser, his attitude was anger and the routine ‘tough-guy’ act. Hopefully it’d mask the overwhelming concern he felt for his own well being, and maybe make him come off as a little more pulled-together. Most anyone who knew a thing or two about reading dogs could see right through it. Or maybe Harley in this case, simply knowing what Cruiser was just told, and the potential fear that could stem from such news.

How would one react, animal or otherwise to being told there was a monster coming to get them, and there was no know method of stopping it’s probably inevitable approach? Or even a way of hiding from it?

--

After a quick paced walk back to Cruiser’s home, the shepherd practically kicked the front gate to his yard open, and dashed to the front door. His paw tightly gripped the doorknob and twisted…

The movement was only met with resistance. The door was locked. Cruiser felt an even greater fear well up within him. His dad should have been home hours ago considering the message he left last night. He fumbled to get out his keys and open the door, muttering cuss words and panicked pleas as he did.

“DAD, ARE YOU HOME? I’M BACK! WHERE ARE YOU!?”

There was only silence.

Cruiser wordlessly jumped over to the land-line phone. Zero missed calls, and no missed messages. The young dog’s heart practically skipped a beat. He dashed further into his house, frantically checking every room for his owner. But he wasn’t there.

Finally he came back to the living room where Harley could have entered through the open front door, eyes white and open with shock. “*Huff*...****…” He said to himself, starring at the hard wood floor of the living room.

“My dad’s not here...he was supposed to be back this morning after I left.” the words came out in a dead calm tone, born not out of mental coolness, but outright confusion and terror.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger nodded. "Sounds like a good idea. He probably has more of a grasp on this stuff."

The waitress stopped by again. A tray was in her left hand. "Lets see if I remember this now..."
After a few seconds she successes distributed the drinks to their respective orderers. A cup of coffee for Izarc. A can of orange soda for Trigger. And a cup of piping hot black tea for Iudex. With the addition of a slice of what seemed to be cheesecake. She smiled another friendly smile. "If ya'll need anythin then just ask okay?" And with that, she left.

(I decided to give her a southern belle accent ^_^)

Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"Thanks.." muttered the russian cat as the coffee was placed in front of him. Izarc enjoyed coffee, but the last coffee he'd had was on the coast of Egypt before they flew to New-York after a short stay in London..

That dosen't matter, hopefully the coffee here is strong..

Izarc took a sip..

~~
Mersa Matruh, Coast of Egypt, 7:35 AM.

The ocean shimmered on bay outside the window of the hotel room as Izarc was packing his pet-pack on the bed.

"Izarc! You ready? The Plane leaves at 9!" Katrina shouted from the other room.

"Y-yeah, I coming.." Izarc muttered, yet loud enough for her to hear.

Katrina then came in wearing a vibrant turquoise dress with matching bead necklace and earings, her hair done up in a ponytail, carrying her large leopard-print suitcase.

'Kay, let's go..

A while later, they were waiting at the airport, watching the planes go by out the panoramic windows of the international airport.

Izarc spotted a small coffee bar up near the terminals as his eyes wandered from the window in his boredom.

"Kat, May I go get coffee?" He asked, pointing to the bar.

"Hm, ok. But nothing too expensive.." She warned, jokingly.

the cat went up to the bar, which was slightly taller than him. When it came to Izarc's turn, the barista didn't see him, so he held up the 10 Euro bill above him and waved a little to get his attension.

"Can I have.. Smooth latte, Please?" He asked, still waving the bill. The barista nodded and made him a latte, then put it in Izarc's free hand and took the 10 Euros. "Keep change." Izarc said as he walked away back to the seats.

As Izarc sat down next to Katrina, the loudspeaker turned on.

"Announcement. The 9 Am flight to London, England has been canceled due to bad weather, sorry for this inconvenience.

Katrina sighed. "Great, now how am I supposed to meet Rupert tomorrow?"

Ah, Rupert. He's Katrina's stock developer, so that's why we're going to London.. Izarc thought. He then took a sip of the latte..

Strong. Creamy. Slightly sweet. Perfect..

~~
Izarc opened his eyes and placed the coffee in front of him. Hm, not too bad.. he thought.

(Ooc: Sorry for long post, little bit of backstory. It ain't much, but it gives you insight on what regulary happened to Izarc before the came to Edge.)
Character Reference
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

D-Singer wrote:Regardless of what Plamen said, Raeon paid most of his interest towards him, being the most obviously injured of the group. Once his vehicle was secured, he unlocked what appeared to be the building’s emergency exit. All the pets were wordlessly ushered inside.

Zaya’s expression seemed to be completely stoic, but she was making sure everyone kept in close proximity as they were escorted down a long hallway of doors. The dusty smell worn and appearance once again indicated that they had been taken to a building that had not seen serious use in a long time. The tile floor was full of scuff marks, the paint on the walls had a faded light grey color, and most noticeably it was dead silent, spare for the faint tapping of the four animal’s paws on the tile floor and the doctor’s much louder footsteps as he led the way.

Another detail worth mentioning was that the only light within the long hall they followed, came only from the sunlight which passed through the dusty and fogged up windows to their right. Hardly anything could be seen through them, but if it was possible, they would likely see no more than a fenced in employee parking lot, and beyond that, the wall of towering trees that made up the forest.

--
At the end of the hall, the doctor unlocked another heavy door and pushed it open with a loud creak, then simply stood by and allowed Zaya to guide her friends into the room behind it. The silence was turning out to be rather suspenseful considering the situation the four animals found themselves in. Raeon was of course not fazed by it in the slightest, but he still had his doubts about three of the animals which were accompanying him. Of Zaya’s trust, he was certain. But the raccoon, the cat, and the injured dog...was their confidence and apparent calmness coming solely from Zaya’s word that he was a friend, and worthy of trust? Soon he would find out.

Within the room it was pitched dark at first, but instantly there was something recognizably different. The musty, old smell that existed in the halls disappeared, and was replaced by that familiar scent of disinfectant and sterile plastics, common in any health clinic. The room’s fluorescent lights clicked on to verify that it was indeed in better shape than the rest of the building.

Padded chairs lined each side of the room, and separating them each by the fourth seat was a small desktop with either a dated newspaper, some horribly boring magazines, and on one in particular was a self-help guide to stress alleviation. It was a typical waiting room, or at the very least a room separate from where treated patients might be put to rest to ensure silence and comfort.

All those details aside, Zaya instantly found her attention locked onto what she at first thought was another person who had already been waiting there. Slouched on the chair closest to the opposing door, was a mannequin, or dummy, or scarecrow of some sort...

The only telltale sign that indicated it’s apparently inanimate nature was the lack of any human scent. As weak as Zaya’s sense of smell might have been compared to the average dog, she still couldn’t identify it as human...most likely a scarecrow. It’s body was lanky looking, and was clothed in a grey turtleneck sweater, a pair of faded denim jeans, white gloves, dark sneakers which looked far too large, and a black hat which covered the very straw-like hair which poked out from under it. It’s facial features looked typical for that of a crop ornament. They looked dead.

Was Raeon keeping this thing in his ‘office’ as some kind of Halloween decoration? The wolfhound’s eyes quickly switched from the doctor to the scarecrow propped up in the farthest chair. It was a bothersome question, but Zaya decided simply not to ask. She knew very well that Dr. Raeon didn’t like having to answer trivial questions...

“You three may have a seat. Plamen, if you’ll please follow me.” The tall human ushered the injured dog over to the door across the room and opened it, gesturing for him to step inside.

Zaya quietly took her seat in the row of chairs opposing the scarecrow. Not that it was creepy to her, but it was strange...kind of an anomaly considering the place they were in...
"Who does the decorating?" Skya asked as she walked over to the scarecrow. She'd admit, it was creepy, but she it was the only thing that gave the room any kind of feeling passed 'Clinic.' Not only that, but it was pretty much the only other thing in the room that wasn't going to have her full attention. Zaya or Scratch might need her for something. But then again, something also seemed off about the scarecrow, although she couldn't quite place what it was.

Whatever it was that was off, it wasn't the 'bowl-full-of-cream feeling' that it gave her.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:"We can see" Soren said, "worst case, we wander into a church of some kind"

(OOC: How should we go about this? Find a psychic like Sabrina?)
"Yeah I guess or.....,"Marcus suddenly snapped to attention, "Hey cruiser knows some one that's some kind of psychic. O r somethng weird like that. I mean we were gonna find him anyway maybe we could ask him where to ffind her or if she could help or whatever. 2 birds with one stone y'know?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex took a gentle sip of his tea, "Thank you, ma'am." He said quietly, but amicable enough. The cat bit into his cake, and thought as the waitress left, "What shall happen now? After the meal, that is..." Iudex continued to eat in silence after that, he felt drained within an inch of his life
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Well, like you said, we should probably find your person." Taking a drink of fizzy soda as talked. "You have any idea of where he could be around this time of day?"

Ref Ref!
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Sounds good to me." said Parker as the waitress jotted down his order and walked away with his menu. "But what if he still doesn't want to listen to us?" he then asked hte two. "Just gonna ask for his pyscho friend then?"

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

======== Raeon's Clinic ========
Leafolawl wrote:
D-Singer wrote:Within the room it was pitched dark at first, but instantly there was something recognizably different. The musty, old smell that existed in the halls disappeared, and was replaced by that familiar scent of disinfectant and sterile plastics, common in any health clinic. The room’s fluorescent lights clicked on to verify that it was indeed in better shape than the rest of the building.

"Who does the decorating?" Skya asked as she walked over to the scarecrow. She'd admit, it was creepy, but she it was the only thing that gave the room any kind of feeling passed 'Clinic.' Not only that, but it was pretty much the only other thing in the room that wasn't going to have her full attention. Zaya or Scratch might need her for something. But then again, something also seemed off about the scarecrow, although she couldn't quite place what it was.

Whatever it was that was off, it wasn't the 'bowl-full-of-cream feeling' that it gave her.
Scratch timidly stayed within the group, tentatively poking her head through the door into the building, looking about nervously. She followed the group through the deserted building, down the hall and into the waiting room. She'd been in both abandoned buildings and hospitals before, and they weren't too unfamiliar to her. She sat in the chair right next to Zaya, keeping herself close. She looked up at Skya as she noted something about the "decorating"...

And that's when she saw it. A feeling of dread washed over her as she caught sight of the bizarre creature in the corner, like some deep primal instinct, passed down by her ancestors was screaming at her that it was going to get up any second and wring her neck. As much as she liked to think herself above such instincts, she grabbed onto Zaya, clawing into her and staring wide eyed at the scarecrow, "Z-Zaya... That thing... What is that thing?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
simple things

Post by simple things »

Charlie nodded her head, as she listened to Cruiser’s words. The girl easily detected the worry, and stress in his deep voice, but she remained calm and collected, as she watched the male walk ahead, giving her no warning of his leave. She caught up to him, and walked alongside him with a straight posture.

I only caught sight of the creature once. But I knew it wasn’t a joke. And certainly not if you’re reacting this way.” Harley explained, feeling slightly let down, as she wanted to take a full test of her skills to tell, but the answer was revealed nonetheless. His rugged tone, however, did not put off Harley. It allowed her to decipher him, to understand the canine a bit more. A permanent picture etched in the girl’s mind of the canine.

As the two had finally reached what seemed to be a peaceful suburban home, the canine kicked in the front of the gate. The act, catching Harley off guard, as she shielded her face with her kit for a moment. But soon, the Sheppard had left her side, and was at the front door. Harley proceeded to correctly close the gate behind herself. “Cruiser?” She called out, to see the male frantically moving about the home. “Oh gorsh… What have I done.” She mumbled, as she moved to step into the home, taking off her old-styled shoes, and placing them neatly at the corner of the front door.
D-Singer wrote: “My dad’s not here...he was supposed to be back this morning after I left.” the words came out in a dead calm tone, born not out of mental coolness, but outright confusion and terror.
Cruiser…” She spoke out, before she closed the door, and proceeded to place her paw on his shoulder.

Look, I know this can be…” She led off, thinking her words over carefully. “Stressful… But you…just need to calm down, just a slight bit.” She spoke in a calm voice, taking a seat on a sofa-chair opposite of another.

Your dad’s probably just held up with something. Maybe he’s still doing something important, I’m sure he’s fine.” Harley continued to speak calmly, before she snapper her fingers, and flipped open her kit. “I know what I like whenever I feel I’m in a mess.” She spoke, pulling out a silver container, and sliding it across the table. “One of my mom’s famous lemon-bars. Try it, I know you’ll like it.” The girl spoke, as she sat with a straight back, keeping her eyes firmly locked onto Cruiser.

Take a seat, I’ll look over some other videos, see what I can find.” The girl said, bringing out a small electronic slate from her kit, and began moving her fingers over the screen.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

HarlequinRed wrote:"Sounds good to me." said Parker as the waitress jotted down his order and walked away with his menu. "But what if he still doesn't want to listen to us?" he then asked hte two. "Just gonna ask for his pyscho friend then?"
I guess so. We need to get a hold of her somehow.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

The premises and the corridor they went through didn't bother Plamen at all. Given he was a stray, he lived in worse conditions. He actually kinda enjoyed his surroundings, yet he felt that others weren't as accepting as him. So far he did not find any reason to be unrest like the others. He was grateful to Zaya and the doctor, but he was just too proud to admit just how much trustful he became towards them. and in this line of thought - they reached what seemed to be a waiting room.
D-Singer wrote:“You three may have a seat. Plamen, if you’ll please follow me.” The tall human ushered the injured dog over to the door across the room and opened it, gesturing for him to step inside.
"Sure, doc." Plamen grinned at the human. Despite his condition, he still tried to keep his high spirit and winked at the three females before entering the room.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Alright fine," said Parker as he leaned back in his seat waiting for his food. "But I'm not going anywhere without a weapon first off." he then said before eyeing both of them. "Dunno how you feel about that but I dunno if I can loan." he said.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

HarlequinRed wrote:"Alright fine," said Parker as he leaned back in his seat waiting for his food. "But I'm not going anywhere without a weapon first off." he then said before eyeing both of them. "Dunno how you feel about that but I dunno if I can loan." he said.
"That seems like a good idea. Until we know what we're dealing with we'll just hav eto hope we can hurt it through conventional means."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Yeah and if we can, I'm going to tear it a new one." growled Parker a bit maliciously as he began to fantasize about ripping this slender man into pieces with his bare paws. He had never really been this violent, even when on the job, but these new thoughts appeared to be more visceral and clear. The akita shook the thoughts away for a brief moment, but his mind lingered on it from time to time just to ease his sort of inner malice.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

The waitress returned and handed Parker his food, "Just pay up at the counter when you're done."
HarlequinRed wrote:"Yeah and if we can, I'm going to tear it a new one." growled Parker a bit maliciously as he began to fantasize about ripping this slender man into pieces with his bare paws. He had never really been this violent, even when on the job, but these new thoughts appeared to be more visceral and clear. The akita shook the thoughts away for a brief moment, but his mind lingered on it from time to time just to ease his sort of inner malice.
Heh, sounds like a plan to me. But I'd rather it not come to that.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

the vet finally broke the extended silence in his office. "Matt sure is taking a while to get back."

Selina was lost in thought, so she didn't quite hear what he had said. "Huh?"

"I said Matt is taking a while to get back. I hope he didn't run into trouble," he joked. because what trouble could someone run into going to the bathroom.

But it didn't sound like a joke to Selina. Her mind was suddenly full of very realistic images of Matt, "running into trouble"

Monsters in the toilets, sneaking up on him and killing him when he's washing his paws.

don't be crazy, I'm sure he's alright.

Horrible creatures dragging him into the plumbing system.

He's not dead, he probably got lost.

or eating him whole.

just wait more, he'll be back any second.

sharp jagged teeth and sharp claws attacking him.
Her heart began to race as if she were actually seeing these things. these visions felt as real as the thing that had bitten her ear.

come on, this is nuts... but so is having a mark from a hallucination's attack.

then she saw Matt screaming "help me Selina" as tentacles pulled him into one of the stalls, towards a creature that looked like a scaly human with crab claws that was smiling a smile full of dagger sharp fangs. It had hair like seaweed that covered its eyes completely, except for the glowing red dots that were presumably its eyes. Then Matt was pulled into the bowl, the last of his screams turned to the sound of drowning.

She suddenly stood up quickly and bolted out into the hall to save Matt.

a few seconds later she was on the ground after running full speed into Matt. He was not in the plumbing system.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Matt realized, a bit late, that he had spent far too long snooping around a patient's room. If he remembered anything about the last time he'd been to the vet, it was that they tended to frown on that sort of thing. Still, he made a note to ask the doctor about what he'd seen and show Selina - not necessarily in that order. The golden retriever tiptoed back toward the door and slipped out, carefully keeping it from opening or closing any more than it already was.

He turned around in time to see Selina barreling down the hall towards him.

"What are you - ACK!" Cat and dog hit the ground hard. Matt blinked and looked up at Selina in a daze. " .... Ow."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Selina also blinked as she looked down at Matt. "you uhh... were taking a while," was all she managed to say.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets