Arc #63 Temple Crashers

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: Arc #63 Temple Crashers

Post by GameCobra »

I like to view that Mana as Pete's way of saying "Congratulations! You leveled up!"

You know, i agree with copper completely. The drawings of Pete has been awesome through this arc. I should've praised them back when i had the chance! D: Like a wise Dracula. Except without the glass in hand =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I was surprised by the YuYu Hakusho reference.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

angelusbr wrote:I was surprised by the YuYu Hakusho reference.
The what now?
IceKitsune wrote:You know if Pete was smart then he could easily use Keene to screw over Dragon. Pay Tarot and Sabrina's owner to move, since he used to travel a lot before settling down and they have way more then enough money I'm sure he could be persuaded to do so. Then Peanut and Fido are open as being Avatars and Dragon loses. This is assuming he doesn't have an avatar already as I speculated in my other post.
Tarot doesn't technically belong to Sabrina's owner. Is a backstory thing but I thought I'd bring it up.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

rickgriffin wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:You know if Pete was smart then he could easily use Keene to screw over Dragon. Pay Tarot and Sabrina's owner to move, since he used to travel a lot before settling down and they have way more then enough money I'm sure he could be persuaded to do so. Then Peanut and Fido are open as being Avatars and Dragon loses. This is assuming he doesn't have an avatar already as I speculated in my other post.
Tarot doesn't technically belong to Sabrina's owner. Is a backstory thing but I thought I'd bring it up.
Well that's very interesting, So will this come up in the comic later or is it just an interesting but irrelevant bit of information? So I'm going to assume that where ever Tarot came from originally she was either living on the street and they picked her up never making it official or was given to Sabrina's owner by her original owner temporarily for some reason like that then since it wasn't an official adoption. Unless something else really weird is going on of course.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

rickgriffin wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I was surprised by the YuYu Hakusho reference.
The what now?
I could swear the egg was a reference to this:
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

what? a monster that feeds off of your energy whose form depends on what deeds you do while you have the egg is nothing like a mana, you silly person :P
good try, though.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Red Ryu

Post by Red Ryu »

Wonder how King will get roped back into this.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Red Ryu wrote:Wonder how King will get roped back into this.
He might not, or at least not as a potential Avatar anyway maybe as a follower, if I'm right about Pete already having an Avatar since he can now manifest on Earth again.
DanTwelve3

Post by DanTwelve3 »

All the talk of Pete being manipulative aside, I'm beginning to like Pete as a character. He's a loveable jerk.
rickgriffin wrote:Tarot doesn't technically belong to Sabrina's owner. Is a backstory thing but I thought I'd bring it up.
Wh-wha-WHAT?!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:Tarot doesn't technically belong to Sabrina's owner. Is a backstory thing but I thought I'd bring it up.
I recall it was in a short story about Sabrina. It let us know she had a father for a owner.
Gren

Post by Gren »

I bet that Sabrina's owner have a girlfriend and she is the real owner of Tarot. So if Tarot is living in the same house it could mean that they are trying to live together (and probably trying to formalize their relationship). If this is what actually happen, then I wonder if Spirit Dragon have something to do with it.
GameCobra wrote:
I recall it was in a short story about Sabrina. It let us know she had a father for a owner.
I don't remember any story telling something about Tarot. :?
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:
Actually none of the short stories had Tarot in them, IIRC in the one your thinking of (where Sabrina was kidnapped. You know that happens a lot in this comic) Sabrina mentioned that the story took place before she had met Tarot but that was it, it never mentioned where or how they met nor that Tarot is not owned by Sabrina's Dad.
Gren wrote:I bet that Sabrina's owner have a girlfriend and she is the real owner of Tarot. So if Tarot is living in the same house it could mean that they are trying to live together (and probably trying to formalize their relationship). If this is what actually happen, then I wonder if Spirit Dragon have something to do with it.
I could see her being owned by a girlfriend as a very likely possibility, I hope we eventually find out that whole back story.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Aw! Pete entrusted Keene with his first born!

... I think...
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Um. No?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Radio Blue Heart

Dissension wrote:Um. No?

Sorry. It was an egg joke that didn't hatch.
-Virgil
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Pete has 2 players pieces now! or... is Keene King's replacement?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Only dogs and cats can be Avatars.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well I like how Sabrina see this whole thing, even she acknowledges the whole thing is kind of stupid and neither of the players are really the good guy or bad guy in this. Its also nice to know she doesn’t agree with Dragon and Tarot on things. Also from this I have a feeling Dragon and Tarot take this way more seriously then anyone else playing the game, which I had a feeling was the case.

Edit: I’m also thinking two things at this point 1: Sabrina likely is playing not because she agrees with Dragon or Pete but simply because she sees no other choice and no way to stop them. 2. I wonder if she has actually explained whats going on to Fido, considering how she feels about the game it seems like something she would do, at least to a point where she wouldn't get in trouble.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

IceKitsune wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Actually none of the short stories had Tarot in them, IIRC in the one your thinking of (where Sabrina was kidnapped. You know that happens a lot in this comic) Sabrina mentioned that the story took place before she had met Tarot but that was it, it never mentioned where or how they met nor that Tarot is not owned by Sabrina's Dad.
Gren wrote:I bet that Sabrina's owner have a girlfriend and she is the real owner of Tarot. So if Tarot is living in the same house it could mean that they are trying to live together (and probably trying to formalize their relationship). If this is what actually happen, then I wonder if Spirit Dragon have something to do with it.
I could see her being owned by a girlfriend as a very likely possibility, I hope we eventually find out that whole back story.
Tarot is offically not really owned by anybody guys. She lives with Sabrina and her father, but she's kind of a self-owned pet. And the short stories were all a part of a larger story btw that's currently not published and awaiting being rewritten.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok so I'm guessing Tarot is either like the Milton's (really rich) or in some kind of program like the wolves or she lived by her self on the street before meeting Sabrina.

Also i'm really trying to figure out what unrelated arc is going to play into this ending. I'm guessing it has to do with Pete (getting or revealing his avatar perhaps) or King (maybe the watch finally getting picked up), however Sabrina is possible I just don't remember anything on going for her at this point.
Keene's old stuff has been wrapped up and I doubt Thomas Miltons plot will be finished anytime soon (also it wouldn't be unrelated to the arc anyway). Everyone else is so unconnected with whats going on here I doubt anyone else's stuff could be reasonable pulled into this arc and still make sense.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Foxstar wrote:Tarot is offically not really owned by anybody guys. She lives with Sabrina and her father, but she's kind of a self-owned pet. And the short stories were all a part of a larger story btw that's currently not published and awaiting being rewritten.
Do we know she lives with Sabrina for sure? Or does she just hang out there a lot?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sleet wrote:
Foxstar wrote:Tarot is offically not really owned by anybody guys. She lives with Sabrina and her father, but she's kind of a self-owned pet. And the short stories were all a part of a larger story btw that's currently not published and awaiting being rewritten.
Do we know she lives with Sabrina for sure? Or does she just hang out there a lot?
She lives there with them.
Radio Blue Heart

I am not as much worried that Keene in the service of Pete. I am worried that Karishad is nowhere to be found. Did Pete send him back to the zoo? Or is he still out there, on the loose...
-Virgil
Liam

Post by Liam »

Doesn't matter which side he chooses, Keene's evil.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I am not as much worried that Keene in the service of Pete. I am worried that Karishad is nowhere to be found. Did Pete send him back to the zoo? Or is he still out there, on the loose...
I'm going with him being back where ever Keene let him stay in the mansion.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Interesting to note, Keene looks like he's going to be alot more on the ball than before as opposed to spending alot of his fortune for minor things. Makes me think of him as the Leonardo of the ferrets in this case, except with a mix of Duck Tales. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Keene alot more in the future.

Last but not least, i'm sure Keene in the second panel is trying to get a scientist to figure out the logic behind mana. X3
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I am not as much worried that Keene in the service of Pete. I am worried that Karishad is nowhere to be found. Did Pete send him back to the zoo? Or is he still out there, on the loose...
I'm going with him being back where ever Keene let him stay in the mansion.
Probably the part that will burn down or explode.
-Virgil
Gren

Post by Gren »

Foxstar wrote: Tarot is offically not really owned by anybody guys. She lives with Sabrina and her father, but she's kind of a self-owned pet. And the short stories were all a part of a larger story btw that's currently not published and awaiting being rewritten.
what? I missing something or what? So that means she transform herself into human and pretend to be her own owner or maybe Dragon do it for her like Pete with King? It's seems kinda weird to me, but I suppose I've have to see the backward story to change my mind.

btw, if Keene received a piece of mana from Pete for becoming his follower, then that means that probably Sabrina got the same from Dragon and that explains why she have some psychic powers.
ImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no, it just means that she's living with Sabrina and her dad while not officially having any owner. why does she need an owner if she's living with Sabrina?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Gren

Post by Gren »

then why she have a collar with a tag? just for fashion? :?
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Gren wrote:then why she have a collar with a tag? just for fashion? :?
Likely because its a common thing pets have and so she can go places that require it.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Most likely she's owned by someone else, just staying with Sabrina's family. Sorta like a relative coming to visit very often.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:
Most likely she's owned by someone else, just staying with Sabrina's family. Sorta like a relative coming to visit very often.
But Foxstar just said that Tarot isn't owned by anybody at all so that would preclude like everyone in the world I would guess. At least that is what I took away from what he said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GameCobra wrote:Most likely she's owned by someone else, just staying with Sabrina's family
but
Foxstar wrote:Tarot is offically not really owned by anybody guys.
I see it more like she was technically a stray, and now she lives with Sabrina and her dad but he never went through whatever legal processes he had to to adopt her. so she's basically a stray living with them. but she wears the collar to fit in with the other pets.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Most likely she's owned by someone else, just staying with Sabrina's family
but
Foxstar wrote:Tarot is offically not really owned by anybody guys.
I see it more like she was technically a stray, and now she lives with Sabrina and her dad but he never went through whatever legal processes he had to to adopt her. so she's basically a stray living with them. but she wears the collar to fit in with the other pets.
Yep this is how I see it as well.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I wonder how Bino would react to knowing Tarot has no owner technically...

I wonder if Peanut knows as much as Keene does. Seems being a minion lets you in on a lot of privileged information.

Tarot is Tarot, a real Blast from the past, if I may so so myself.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Foxstar, do you have a source?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Foxstar, do you have a source?
I would assume the Novel since he is a pre-reader of it.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, my bad. I missed that part about her not being owned :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

IceKitsune wrote:
Sleet wrote:Foxstar, do you have a source?
I would assume the Novel since he is a pre-reader of it.
If that were the case I don't think Rick would want him to reveal information like that.