HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

"So.. can we use Moonbeam as our temporary pack horsey?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"So.. can we use Moonbeam as our temporary pack horsey?"

Momma Paschal rubbed her chin...
Have any of you all ever handled a horse before? No...?

Pleeeeeeaaasseeee Momma! let then take me!

But, They could easily get seriously hurt by a horse of your size. None of these pets have ever handled a gentled horse, let alone trying to control an high spirited horse like you!

Moonbeam snorts, tossing his mane..
I'm not high spirited and hard to control.

Momma Paschal eyes the horse intently. before reaching up and taking a hold of the Bullring, that is piercing Moonbeam's thick nose pad.
An i suppose, this is'n a bullring that your wearing in your nose, so we can keep you under control?

Moonbeam flicks his ears about in circles, blushing deeply under his pelt.
Well.. Ummm.. Ahhh. Well... Hmmm.. that was back when i was a colt, and didn't know better. I know that i will have to be extra careful around these small pets.

Mrs. Paschal sighs deeply, pulling Moonbeam along into the barn by his bull's nose-ring.
You had better not make me regret letting you do this Moonbeam.
She helps the dog riding on the horse down to the floor.
Lets see now. We will have to just let you go with reins clipped to the sides of your halter, I just hope you remember your neck reining training. You're too tall for them to be trying to set the bit, and bridle you. You wouldn't be able to graze or talk well while wearing it. She whispers openly to the other pets with a snicker.. as she clips the long rein to the rings at the front sides of his halter, then tosses them over his head. We often do that too him quiet while riding on or being pulled in the carriage behind him.
Moonbeam swishes his tail in annoyance at that..

Mrs. Paschal then puts a pack harness upon Moonbeam, fastening it around his chest and barrel.
There, that will give you something to hold onto while riding on him. As you can see, it is just a web harness. You will be able to climb up it like a rope ladder to get on his back. To use for packs, you just tie what you want him to carry to it. and do try to keep the weight evenly distributed. Altho he will probably complain if you get the weight too uneven, or heavy.
That's for sure..
She then fastens saddlebags to the back of the harness over his rump. then going over to the wall and getting down a pair of hobbles.
These are hobbles. front and back pair. showing them to the pets before storing them into the right side of the saddle bags. You just buckle these around his ankles when you bed down for the night. With those on, he will not be able to bolt away from you, if something scares him. or allow him to wander too far away from the camp while your asleep, if you set him loose to graze.
She then gets a long rope with a hitch at one end. This is a long lead. you use this to lead him where you want him to go, when not riding on him. You also can use it to tie him to a tree or fence, to keep him from wandering off on you. She explains as she also puts that into the saddlebag. She then writes down a note, and puts her cell phone number on it. she puts the note into the bag and then fastens it closed.
that has my number on it if you have any problems.
She looks up at Moonbeam, still worried about turning him loose, off the farm.
You behave! She says, wiggling her finger at the horse. I mean it, Moonbeam. You behave, I'm taking all kinds of chances here.

I'll be good...ish
You behave, or so help me! i'll take you out to the shed myself!
Moonbeam gets a sudden look of shock and awe on his face!
Yyes Ma'am! I'll be on my v-ver-ry best behavior! I'll be like a mare! a very old mare!! stepping nervously back away from good ol' ma.
Ok now, i think the seriousness has finally sunk into that thick head of yours. Debating one last time in her head if this is a good idea to do..
You all go have fun. and make sure to close all the gates behind you when your leave.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I can watch him if you want," Luke said, who had followed in.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc had waited outside as the older woman had taken Moonbem and Zanna into the barn, then he watched as Luke followed. He couldn't hear much but he assumed that it was alright as he didn't see the two walk out of the barn.
(Sorry kinda stuck with writers block at the moment)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla puffed up his cheeks, sometimes being tiny wasn't an aspect that worked to his advantage, "I'm not dumb..." He pouted, waddling into the barn and fiddling with the remote controls for his balloon.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Momma Paschal rubbed her chin...
Have any of you all ever handled a horse before? No...?
Zanna opened her mouth to reply. Then closed it again. She'd ridden on a horse before. Round and round a round in a circle. But she didn't think it was what the lady meant. The difference between that horse and Moonbeam was that when she talked to Moonbeam...he talked back. And there wasn't a giant metal pole speared through the middle of his body... She looked over, just to check. Nope...

When the got into the barn...

"Okay... rains,hobbles, harness, and lead..."
Speaking with an attentive voice and counted them off again with her fingers. She tilted her head from side to side as she memorized them in her head. After it had sunken in she let her mind wander onto the other aspects of the conversation. "Thanks, Mrs. Moonbeam's owner." She looked back at the horse. "You got a noooose ring."

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"Okay... rains,hobbles, harness, and lead..." Speaking with an attentive voice and counted them off again with her fingers. She tilted her head from side to side as she memorized them in her head. After it had sunken in she let her mind wander onto the other aspects of the conversation. "Thanks, Mrs. Moonbeam's owner." She looked back at the horse. "You got a noooose ring."

Moonbeam was trotting proudly out of the barn, he was Free, Finally free! Outside on his own!
when the husky asks about him having gotten ringed like a stubborn wild and dangerous bull, sending all his jubilee to come crashing down to earth..
He glances off the side of a stall, as he stumbles over his hooves, looking away from everyone with his speech stammering.
Uh yes.. he replies, it not like he could hide the big ring in his twitching nose pad even if he wanted too. all the time the insides of his ears getting redder and redder insides.
Yea, Honey.. We had to do something to keep him under control.
Umm Ah, shouldn't we get going?
Moonbeam add's, trying to get the subject off the ring in his nose!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Esper wrote: Mercury's eyes went wide as dinner-plates, taken aback, "S-sure, I'd love too!" he said, but clammed back up, embarassed by the lack of volume control, "Er, yeah, I would like that..." He tried again, standing. Still clearly blushing, he tried to fight back a sense of fear and disbelief, smiling
Travis let out a soft chuckle to Mercury's rambunctious response as she rose up to her paws, her supple, upright figure gesturing into a brief stretch from the dormant, and relaxed posture. "Okay," she said, "Let me just get my things real quick, and then we can go."
Travis, though in a somewhat eager manner, surveyed about the area for her only possessions that she'd decided to bring: her white headphones, which were now lying on the surface of a small end table, and her black Gatsby cap.

Ah! Well, there they are, she mused over the pair of headphones, clutching them around her neck as she hurriedly resumed her search for her cap, which was nowhere in sight. She grew less content with every passing second.

"...S-sorry that this is taking too long," she apologized sheepishly, a nervous grin diffusing from her muzzle as she hurriedly inspected every nook and cranny of the living room, politely placing the items she had thoroughly investigated back to their former spots. Her silent, and vague explanation made it difficult to determine what she'd been looking for, though she was convinced that the hat would turn up sooner than later, considering her restlessness and energy in her efforts. That, and she was less than likely to ask for help, as she usually preferred to handle things on her own.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Sounds like a plan to me." Tesla chirped next to the horse, still fiddling with his remote control, "I've never been camping before."
~~~
Mercury waved his hands forgivingly with a smile. Walking up behind Travis, the cat held out his tweed flat-cap, "Here, you can borrow my hat for now if you'd like." Mercury said. Pacing around Travis, the cat thought to himself Wow, this is wonderful! I can't believe it! I mean, well, I only met her a few days ago... And I only found out that she was a girl today, but that is of no matter! he was purring loudly, his ears perked up in a glowing gesture
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke followed the group out of the barn keeping his thoughts to himself. Writing in his hands with his fingers like they were an imaginary notebook.

Good thing this is near the woods! I'll need to build a cabin. Clear some land. Get some fencing up. Oh, and definitely a barn! And, this, and that and...
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:Luke followed the group out of the barn keeping his thoughts to himself. Writing in his hands with his fingers like they were an imaginary notebook.

Moonbeam looks over at the Cougar as the group finally gets moving, watching him writing into the air with his finger..
Sugar cube for your thoughts?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Huh? Oh, I'm just making plans, whether or not I do get the job," Luke said, "I still need to figure out all that needs doing." He placed his hands at his sides while he walked along, subconscious about it now.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

xhunterko wrote:"Huh? Oh, I'm just making plans, whether or not I do get the job," Luke said, "I still need to figure out all that needs doing." He placed his hands at his sides while he walked along, subconscious about it now.
"Y'know Mr. Cougar." Zanna merrily quipped as she walked "You're starting to kinda sound more and more like a human every minute." She grinned and glanced at him. "Trying to get a job and all."

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"A dumb feral is a dead feral, a hungry feral is a dumb feral," Luke said, "And a hungry dumb feral won't last very long. My dad always said, always respect the humans unless you want shot. So the best way to avoid doing that is to be able to get my own food. Which, costs money. I also need a place to stay. Again, the tools cost money. And if I want to have my own live stock, well, you get the idea."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:"A dumb feral is a dead feral, a hungry feral is a dumb feral," Luke said, "And a hungry dumb feral won't last very long. My dad always said, always respect the humans unless you want shot. So the best way to avoid doing that is to be able to get my own food. Which, costs money. I also need a place to stay. Again, the tools cost money. And if I want to have my own live stock, well, you get the idea."

Moonbeam, who was blatantly listening in on the conversation.
So you wanna have your own farm? and own beasts like me??
You know how much work that is? And what needs done that i don't know about?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla giggled to, "More importantly, are you gonna wear overall and a tattered ol' straw hat and talk with funny accent? When you have cubs, are they gonna call you 'Pa'?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke gave Tesla a good noogie.

"Maybe a hat but only if I need the other gear silly," Luke said, "Now, I know it's not nearly long enough to speak from experience, but I worked on one of these guys farms yesterday. And I am well aware of the amount of work. I like to think I'm up for the challenge. Heh. As for my cubs calling me Pa? Sigh. Only if I'm really lucky. But, if all I have to do is walk outside my own house to find something to eat? I think that's worth it."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc waited outside of the barn and in his waiting he started to check is pack again, making sure everythig was in order and ready to go. Though soon he glanced up to see the others coming out of the barn and he looked Moonbeam over, seeing all the gear, he wasn't sure if they'd need it as he was going to try to teach them skill for surviving out in the wilderness but through his inspecting something caught his eyes and then suddenly he laughed slightly, trying to hold it in and reducing it to a chuckle he looked again and noticed Moonbeam's nose ring and he chuckled a bit more before calming himself down. After coming back he noticed the cougar writing something with his paws and as they neared he could just barely hear them talking about farms and jobs, Doc then jogged over to the other side of Moonbeam and kept pace with them, he then pulled out the map and checked it one last time, he studied with with cautious eyes, but as he didn'ttake his eyes off the map he spoke calmly and deliberately.

"Is Moonbeam free to go?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc looked Moonbeam over his inspecting something caught his eyes and then suddenly he laughed slightly, trying to hold it in and reducing it to a chuckle he looked again and noticed Moonbeam's nose ring and he chuckled a bit more before calming himself down.

Moonbeam blushes more at yet another dog has taken notice of his nose ring.
Truth told, he was still amazed at the amount of control, that little ring gave the humans or whoever might get a hold of it, over him!
Still, it should be no different than the correction collars some dogs wear locked about their own necks. perhaps they get pointed, and snickered at as well. Admittedly he didn't know the sociology-structure and mannerisms of the normal pets.
Marine Fox wrote:"Is Moonbeam free to go?"

Moonbeam is very free and good to go!
Looking back at the barn, as the daughter is asking if her mom is crazy for letting him off the farm!
The sooner we go, the greater the chance is staying free to go! N' be your beast of burden...

xhunterko wrote:"Now, I know it's not nearly long enough to speak from experience, but I worked on one of these guys farms yesterday. And I am well aware of the amount of work. I like to think I'm up for the challenge. Heh. As for my cubs calling me Pa? Sigh. Only if I'm really lucky. But, if all I have to do is walk outside my own house to find something to eat? I think that's worth it."

Yaaa you need female cougar, that is'n going to eat up the farm help!!Moonbeam whinnies.
How is it that you can even own a farm... and livestock like me?
Moonbeam whinnies in confusion.
I didn't think even the "normal" pets had that kind of rights to own things, being owned themselves, their owner owns what they own? He stammers, having gotten lost somewhere in the question he was trying to ask.
unless you have an owner, who is going to own it for you, n' your just going to work on it..
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I'm licensed by the city, as far as I've been told, hence the collar," Luke said, "Otherwise, I'd just be a regular feral. And I'd have to make sure my stuff was way out of humans way. But, like you said, wave some cash in front of a human and they'll part with almost anything. They don't care what you are. Say. Do you guys mind if I tag along with you on your trip? I need to scout the area out any way."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla squirmed under Luke's grip, "That's great man!" He squeaked as he padded down the path with a look of childish glee
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:color=#FF4040] Say. Do you guys mind if I tag along with you on your trip? I need to scout the area out any way.[/color]"

No no not at all! your smell will keep the other predators away!! he whinnies excitedly!!
The equine springs up his ears and ponders that for a minute....
Or it might attract them, thinking your invading there h-h-hunting territoryhe stammers nervously, having scared himself again..
He looks around wild eyed..

Sayyyyy don't you all have all that stuff, like the humans drag out with them, when they go clamping out in the woods?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I'm fairly certain that I'm the only big predator around that you need to worry about," Luke said, "And no, I don't have any gear. Like I said, the only thing I had with me when I followed that deer was a hunting spear. And I left that in the woods."

"Speaking of going alongs, say Tesla? Are you part of this group already or not?" Luke added.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

xhunterko wrote:"I'm fairly certain that I'm the only big predator around that you need to worry about,"
"What about Doc?" Zanna quipped, walking up to the canine. She lightly poked him in the side. "Grrrr. Red wolf." She growled, though a grin was on her face.
Keeshah wrote: Sayyyyy don't you all have all that stuff, like the humans drag out with them, when they go clamping out in the woods?
"i got all my stuff in here." Zanna pointed to the backpack on her back. "I could put it on the net thing... if you want."

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Hmm? Oh, I thought he meant just feral predator, my bad," Luke said, "And besides, a horse isn't really good for eating anyway. You'll get more out of him if you actually use him for what the humans use them for."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc listened to the others converse for a bit before, knowing he'd pretty much memorized the map he put it into his bag and paid more attention to where they were heading and what the others were talking about. Then when Zanna poked him and playfully growled he couldn't help but smile and chuckle, slightly bearing his teeth and holding his paws up like he was about to pounce on some prey. He playfully growled back, walking as he did all of this*
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Moonbeam shrugs his mane and trots on in the lead.....until he remembers he doesn't know where the other pets are wanting to go..
Looking back to see the corgi waddling after the party...
Is the little puppy going to need to ride?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Speaking of other predators, hey Doc, where are we headed, since you memorized that map and all, heh," Luke said.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:"Speaking of other predators, hey Doc, where are we headed, since you memorized that map and all, heh," Luke said.
*Doc checked the area around him, finding and matching landmarks from the map fairly easy, he pointed at a solem road lying next to the farm plot*
"The map said if we take that road and follow it, we should end up near a camping ground. Though if yall like we can always go a little off road so i can show yall the aspects of forest life, you know what i'm talkin about"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"How bout we find the camp first, then go off road so we know where we are sort of," Luke said, "I don't like getting lost. Heh. And so we're not in anyone's property etcetera etcetera so that insert bad thing that could happen because of it doesn't."
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

A short while before being approached, Travis, at one point, had knelt beside one of the sofas, resuming her search for her lost hat. She then peered back towards Mercury from across her shoulder, glancing up to notice a flat cap, resting on his paws, which was suggested.
Esper wrote: "Here, you can borrow my hat for now if you'd like." Mercury said.
She smiled, and rose up to her paws. "Thanks," she said, chuckling softly, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to exacerbate things, especially over a hat."

Making her way towards the foyer, she stood by the door frame for a few seconds before stepping out into the front porch, comfortably donning the flat cap.

"Thanks, again, for letting me borrow your hat," she said, her tail mildly wagging to and fro. Exuberant, she was obviously content, specifically about having to spend some time with Mercury.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:Luke said, "I don't like getting lost. Heh. And so we're not in anyone's property etcetera etcetera so that insert bad thing that could happen because of it doesn't."

Moonbeam shivers, and nods nods his head, looking nervously around..
YES! very bad things could happen to me, if i wander onto another livestock farm..
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Keeshah wrote:Moonbeam shrugs his mane and trots on in the lead.....until he remembers he doesn't know where the other pets are wanting to go..
Looking back to see the corgi waddling after the party...
Is the little puppy going to need to ride?
Tesla was panting, but shook his head, "No! I am no puppy!" He squealed, picking up speed and eventually winding up next to the horse, "See... (Pant) I can do it."
~~~

"No need to apologize, we'll find it later." Mercury said with cheer in his voice, "Glad to have helped."

The cat strolled to the door and padded out next to Travis, "Where do you think we aught to go? I think I have a map of this place..." He mumbled, reaching into his collar, looking for the folded up sheet of paper, "Ah hah! Found it!" Mercury said triumphantly, unfurling the map
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Are you sure you don't need a ride bud?" Luke asked Tesla, "I mean, that is what Moonbeam's for."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:"Are you sure you don't need a ride bud?" Luke asked Tesla, "I mean, that is what Moonbeam's for."

Moonbeam watches the corgi struggle to catch up, huffing and puffing..
I could easily carry three or four of you'll, puppy wuppy.
The equine picks up his head and turn a sideways glance to the cougar???
What you mean, that's what i'm for?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, you are their "pack horse" to carry them and their stuff, right?" Luke said, quoting the pack horse bit with his fingers.

"Oh, and I'm pretty sure Tesla's not a puppy, Corgi's just look younger then they are," Luke added.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla stuck his tongue out, still panting, "Y-yeah! I'm just a small breed, that's all..." The little dog said, hauling his backpack
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna smiled as she walked behind the group, looking around at the slowly changing scenery and silently listened to the others talk.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc slightly nodded his head in agreement with the cougar, half minded to restate his statement or suggest some fun adventuring for the excitement but he caught himself and took to the safe way, knowing that it wasn't just him here there were others so ge would have to be safe while in their company. After a few seconds he listened to the others talk about Tesla riding Moonbeam but he noticed Zanna keeping to the back. Doc put the map into his medical bag, then slowed his pace until he was next to Zanna, seeing how she seemed to be looking around at the area around, with a bit of awkwardness and timidness he inquired about the scenery.

"It's wonderful isn't it? To get away from all the cars and buildings every once in a while"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:"It's wonderful isn't it? To get away from all the cars and buildings every once in a while"
Zanna nodded in response to his question. "Its nice." She agreed. Her voice sounded upbeat, but it lacked her usual confidence. Zanna was acting less Zanna-ish She looked at Doc, giving him a small smile. "Its just..." Pausing to look for the word. 'Different."
The husky shrugged. "The closest I've ever been to a forest was a park. And even then it wasn't 'really' a forest (if you count a few trees being a forest...). Zanna looked around again, as if she was trying to spot something in the distance. "I'm not used to seeing so many trees around. And with no buildings, everything feels so open." She returned her eyes to Doc and smiled again. "But that doesn't mean I don't like it." Proving it with a wag of her tail. "Its different. And I like different."

Ref Ref!