MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Penwrite

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite gulped, his knees quaking as he stepped forward toward the imposing cloaked figure. "Listen, c-can we let bygones be bygones? I'm sure we're all reasonable ponies here... except Locke, the thief... OH SWEET LUNA, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!" All attempts at dignity gone, the former-unicorn fell to his knees and started bawling. "I didn't wanna go into your mansion! It was Locke's fault! Honest! I ran out of gas! I, I got a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare, my tux didn't come back from the cleaners, an old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A TERRIBLE FLOOD! LOCUSTS! IT WASN'T MY FAULT I SWEAR TO LUNAAAAAAA!"

[And the award for overacting goes to... also, a free hug to anyone who knows where I got that plea from.]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Well, if Penwrite's fears were to come true, it would go something like this....
Hate stared at Penwrite, unbelieving and annoyed, finally saying with utter contempt, "You miserable slug. You think you can talk your way out of this? you broke into my house!" Hate's horn lit up, and so did all the weapons in the room, which started to unhinge from their hangars. "You're not gonna get away form me this time." there where a few snaps and clatters as the weapons removed themselves from the walls, forcefully in some cases. "I came to my own home to find the doorway caved in, with walls and wards which were erected decades before I was born destroyed! So for me, for my mother, my great grandfather and for the common good, I must now kill you, and your friends." He stated quite plainly. He closed his eyes and suddenly, there were a thousand sudden cracks of hundreds of weapons closing in at mach 1 speeds.

And then they were hamburger meat.

OF COURSE, what ACTUALLY happened was this...
Hate stared at the pony on the ground as he begged for his life, brow raised. Then stared at him to a moment as he trembled in silence. Finally, he said nonchalantly, "You are forgiven." and waved it off, turning to Locke. "I am here because my old armor was locked away somewhere in the manor, and hadn't been repaired or cleaned very well since its last use, so I decided to bring it to the town metal-worker. A new outfit will be quite fitting though, as I no longer have any desire to march under the same banners as before." he narrowed his eyes, "Now I have problems which I am fully capable of solving on my own, given proper preparation. Which brings me back to my earlier question," he glanced about with a scowl, "Where is that wretched librarian?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

After Hate's speech Penwrite stood up, all his tears gone, no shake at all to his knees. Well that went better than I expected. What do you want Navy for?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Locke out strected his hoof over Penwrite's face. "What makes you thin we'd tell you where she is? We don't need to tell you anything. We don't even know where she is right now, but whatever she is doing is on a 'you don't need to know' basis." That's right, try to talk tough, maybe he won't realize your weak. If anything goes wrong you can throw hornless at him and fly away
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"perhaps," Shin said, "We'd be more inclined to tell you if we knew more about you. All we know right now is rumors, hearsay, and what we experienced last night, none of which paint you in a very trustworthy light. As far as we know, you'd turn her to glue as soon as you knew where she was... or even eat her."

Moon stared at Hate, blaming him for Shin's lost wing... then she noticed that he had the same pointed teeth as the pony she'd met the night before at the hospital. "Are you from the North?" she asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate glanced over at the mare, replying casually, "No ma'am, the north is from me."

He glanced back to the other three, "I want to find the librarian because her and I are currently facing each other in a bit of a tactical duel. She made the first move against me when she broke into my house, however I thwarted her from whatever book she originally intended to steal. She responded by falling back to the other books which she could take, one of which happened to be my private journal, which she is no doubt already mining for weakness." He looked over the three friends of the librarian, "I'm assuming that she's kept most of that from you, however, and that she merely used you as pawns in her scheme after you showed up last night." he narrowed his eyes slightly on Locke, "Except you, Thief, I'm assuming she brought you into play in the first place for your talents at breaking locks which were meant to keep the likes of her out of the manor..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite narrowed his eyes, thoughts turning back to everything that had happened the last 24 hours. Navy was his friend, but... what the dark pony in front of him was saying did make some sense.

"I wonder what she's up to right now anyway..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Moon tilted her head, confused by Hate's response.

"Well, you're right that she didn't tell me that, and it was wrong of her to do that. But still, I don't trust to not overreact. Breaking and entering doesn't deserve death by rage demon,and stealing a journal doesn't deserve whatever punishment you may wish to administer. I read Moondancer's diary all the time and she never punishes me for- OW!" Shin was interrupted by a sharp pain in his flank that made him jump and he hit his head on the ceiling. It was a pretty hard ceiling, how the hay did Pen crash through it earlier?
as he landed on the ground, Moon stood over him holding the needle from before, a large, cross-shaped vein bulging on the side of her forehead as she said, "I KNEW you were sneaking into my room."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate narrowed his eyes, "The Nathrezim I summoned was not meant for any of you. When the mansion's locks were first broken, I received a message that an unknown, yet powerful entity had crossed the threshold." He looked away a bit, "And that would be an understatement... I expected him to break her in moments, but somehow she managed to take blows that have been made on gods. During the entire battle, she was tossing out hexes which greatly weakened the Nathrezim and myself, preventing us from simply dealing with the situation..." He looked coldly at them, "There is much more to your librarian than you believe..."
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Riiight, she has 'hexes'. Unless hexes are mechanical magic like seals there's no way she could do it. Besides, if I remember correctly I got hit by that thing. Am I some sort of super powerful pegasus?" Locke said, attempting to size up hate with his wingspan. As quickly as his courage kicked in his cowardice took back over remembering how his chest felt last time he talked to Hate. "Well, I'm not." He said making sure Penwrite was still in grabbing distance. "But, I've survived a lot of things I shouldn't have."

Actually if she is the strong that's kinda hot. Maybe she could be like a dragon queen or something. Yes.
Last edited by exranio on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate raised a brow, "Yes Thief, after being drained by her powers and commanded to spare your lives, the Nathrezim did not hit you very hard. Not that he ever landed a blow very well with his mind clouded, if I remember correctly... He was never very good with fast targets... "
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin stood up from hitting the ground. "Yep, fast target, That's..." he glanced back at his severed wing and looked a bit sad, "was me."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite was too lost in thought, and had nothing to say.

Elsewhere, however...

Galaxy trotted out of Penwrite's house, her coat and mane a bit dirty and tousled from the work she'd been doing. Wanting to take a break, the gem-eyed unicorn took off in a random direction, just wanting to explore the city she hadn't visited in a long while.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Puh -lease. He's clearly talking about me and my years of experience in... speed." Locke said, a bit confused at the end of his boast. "Anyway unless we get some useful info our way then we have nothing to tell you about. I ain't no snitch."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate didn't seem to be phased by the lack of a wing, instead he stuck his head in the back room and asked the blacksmith, "If I came back tomorrow or tonight, would this order be done?"
"Huh?" The blacksmith said, taken a bit aback, "Uh... yeah... I guess it'll be done by tomorrow..."
"Good, then I shall return tomorrow after noon." Hate replied, turning and walking for the door, "Well then, if the three of you have nothing else to speak of, then I believe I shall be on my way. Good day." He opened the door ahead of him, stiffening the cloak over his body...

(( He hasn't walked out yet, so don't act like he's already gone. ))
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite, gathering courage from... somewhere, stopped the departing Hate with a hoof on the shoulder. "Wait a minute, please, before you go I just need to know... do you mean any harm to this city or the Princesses? Is there any reason we should think you an enemy other than our friend Navy?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate glanced at the hoof, then up at Penwrite, answering sternly "No, I have no interest in destroying the town my family built, nor do I forsee myself having any tactical means to even touch one of the princesses in the near future, assuming I even had an interest in attacking them..." He raised his chin and turned his body a little to face Penwrite better, "Is there anything else?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hate glanced at the hoof, then up at Penwrite, answering sternly "No, I have no interest in destroying the town my family built, nor do I forsee myself having any tactical means to even touch one of the princesses in the near future, assuming I even had an interest in attacking them..." He raised his chin and turned his body a little to face Penwrite better, "Is there anything else?"
Penwrite gulped and backed away a step. "Nope, nothing sir. Sorry to bother you sir. Have a good day sir."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"A good day to you too." Hate said with a nod, and with that, he walked out the door...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"at least it appears we're safe from him as long as we don't break into his house again," Shin said. "We should have plenty of time to study his past and do a little fact checking."

"What did he mean when he said the north was from him?" Moon wondered aloud.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"at least it appears we're safe from him as long as we don't break into his house again," Shin said. "We should have plenty of time to study his past and do a little fact checking."

"What did he mean when he said the north was from him?" Moon wondered aloud.
"That's a good question," said Penwrite, turning to look at Moon. "And there's only one way to find out... TO THE LIBRARY!"
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Yeah maybe Navy's already back. I wanna know about this 'crazy power' she apparently has. I want crazy power and I've worked hard for it!" He said frustratedly beating his hooves on his chest "Where's my reward?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"On the bottom of a lake. Not sure which. Go jump in one, I'm sure you'll find it eventually."

Penwrite started for the door.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"you haven't truly worked for the power, you've worked to steal it," Shin said walking to the door. "Your reward is being skilled at theft,"

"hey, you still have to pay for those needles you used" the blacksmith interjected.

"I'm sorry but I do not understand this land. In my country we get free samples," he said with a nervous laugh and a large sweat bead coming from his forhead, emphasizing his neighponnese accent.

When it was clear the blacksmith wasn't buying it, Moon sighed and said, "I have a few bits on me," and paid the man. "You owe me, Shin."

"But you make money every night, I have to get people to buy my works."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

"It's still work" he grumbled.
Watching the transition Locke snickered a bit. And they make they make fun of what I do. Ha!
"Hurry it up. I'm getting bored in here already. There's nothing here I can buy, and I have a certain... 'not to do list'."
Blacksmiths. High on the "do not rob" list.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

And so, the group of friends set out on their quest to the library.

Meanwhile, Galaxy was making her own way through town, chatting up the citizenry she passed, acting all smiles and giggles. Something about visiting a new town when something exciting was afoot always got her so... energized.

The feeling of excitement inside Galaxy nearly doubled when she caught sight of a tall figure in a dark cloak hurrying down the street in her direction. From the dark aura she could see surrounding him with her gem eyes, there was no question on who it could be.

"Hello, my liege," she said as they came close together. She immediately dropped into a little bow. "I am Galaxy, of Canterlot. My family has waited for this moment, prepared for it... prepared me for it. May I serve you?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate raised a brow, staring down at her the strange unicorn who'd come out of nowhere and basically just said something ridiculous, "Oh really now? And what makes you say that? Who do you believe me to be?"

======== Meanwhile ========
The library was well kept as usual, except for the large front doors, which were propped against the wall just inside the threshold and replaces with a sign that said "Door out of Order due to Penwrite." Luckily, there were no books anywhere near where the rain was being blown in by the breeze, so those were safe anyway. It was pretty much empty, with Navy out, except for the assistant librarian: a young colt who was at the desk.

(( Either that's someone's character, or just an NPC, who is snoozing now. ))
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"You are Hateful Shade, are you not? The ancient... opponent, of Princess Celestia? The reason for the northern ponies and their liking for... stranger foods?" Galaxy smiled. "My family, in secret, has descended from some of your original supporters. If you have nobody else assisting you, I offer my services in adjusting to this modern world. Much has changed, as you might have noticed visiting your old home."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"I believe I have that handled." Hate said dryly, questioning this new mare's story, "What is your name, and who are you descended from?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:The library was well kept as usual, except for the large front doors, which were propped against the wall just inside the threshold and replaces with a sign that said "Door out of Order due to Penwrite." Luckily, there were no books anywhere near where the rain was being blown in by the breeze, so those were safe anyway. It was pretty much empty, with Navy out, except for the assistant librarian: a young colt who was at the desk.
Hovering at the desk, to be specific. "I hate rain..." He said to himself as he threw a glance to the doorway with its busted door... He'd already made several attempts to try and keep the floor dry, but for now, it'd have to remain wet, since he'd run out of ideas. He then turned his gaze back towards the desk, so he could get back to reading Daring Do and the Sapphire Stone. Rather stereotypical yes, but what else was there to do? With the storm, nopony seemed to be coming to the library, leaving him little to do aside from read.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

soon, the group arrived at the library, Shin and Moon soaking wet.

"Well what should we research first," Shin asked. "The Shade Family, Hate, or The Northern ponies?"

"I think Hate would be our best bet," Moon said.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Reading might actually be a bit interesting for once in a while. Locke thought to himself as he shook off his coat, dropping it onto Penwrite. "I've got researching the family. I'm sure whatever treasures, heirlooms, and stories they have can tell us plenty about him." Locke floated to the desk, noticing the new pony Somepony else actually works here? He slammed his hoof on the the desk, loud enough to get the attention of anypony. He looked down at the pegasus before him with a grin. "Yo! We need to do some research. Need books on the Shade family. Important, researchy learny stuff."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"I believe I have that handled." Hate said dryly, questioning this new mare's story, "What is your name, and who are you descended from?"
[Sorry I took a while responding, gang. Writing class leeched my brain of creative thinking for a bit.]

The electric-pink mare cleared her throat. "I am Galaxy, of the house Glory. We were a... rather minor house in your days. Probably why we escaped notice from anypony looking to settle grudges." Then she bowed her head. "And if you are sure you have no need of me... I'll still be waiting, just in case."

~Meanwhile, at the library~

Penwrite growled and tried levitating Locke's coat off and to a coat rack, before groaning. "I'll get that memorized someday..." He shrugged the coat off and hung it up, and then turned to go to a backroom in the library. "Leave the poor colt be, Locke..." He paused and looked back at the broken door with the sign on it. "I don't recall doing anything like that... eh, probably did."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:The electric-pink mare cleared her throat. "I am Galaxy, of the house Glory. We were a... rather minor house in your days. Probably why we escaped notice from anypony looking to settle grudges." Then she bowed her head. "And if you are sure you have no need of me... I'll still be waiting, just in case."
Hate narrowed his eyes, "House Glory? Yes, I remember you. And what did your family do to convince Celestia to allow you to stay in Equestria? She knew well of the betrayal of one of her houses in the night war..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy suddenly had the very strong inclination to run for her life. Instead she merely gulped. "My ancestors begged forgiveness from Celestia, giving up a quarter of their holdings as war reparations." She held her head up and narrowed her gem eyes. "But I'm not like them. I'm no coward."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate raised a brow, "Oh really now?" He shrugged and turned, "Well then, if you truly wish to serve my interests, then you should follow me." He began walking off towards the edge of town...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Moon, you help Locke, I wanna check a few things first." he turned to the pony hovering at the desk. "First, I'd like to see your selection of neighponnese manga. Second, do you have any books on expirimental medicinal magic? I think my friend here and I could find those useful," he said, pointing a hoof at Pen.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Autumn had given a slight cringe at the tap, but let the other flying pegasus be once the white "Earth pony" had told him to leave him alone. "I take it your friend isn't familiar with Libraries." He joked, trying to take some of the edge off his irritation from the tap on the desk. "I'll be honest though, I've not been asked where any neighponnese 'manga' are, so, I'll take you to the medical books first, since I know where they are, and if anypony needs anything, don't be afraid to come to the desk. I fly by it regularly." He said, taking a moment to look everypony over once more, when he noticed why the two might need the experimental magical medicine books.

He took a moment to mouth 'oh' to himself before silently leading the one-winged pegasus toward the experimental magical medicine books.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite knew why the pegasus librarian had gone a little quiet and helpful. He saw the realization in the other pony's eyes at their injuries. Something about this from a total stranger really, really hurt. Penwrite wilted as he followed along behind Autumn and Shin, head low. "Yes, thank you...."

~Meanwhile~

Galaxy bowed again and began to follow Hate, taking care to notice he didn't care for the sunlight. That was something to remember.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate lead her down an alley after they came across one, his horn glowing as he walked down it. On the other end was a wooden building front with a pair of very nice double doors, completely blocking the alleyway...