Yes, I have one.
5%
Yes, I have several.
No votes

Total votes: 215

axelthefox

Re: Fursuits: do you own one?

Post by axelthefox »

Last edited by axelthefox on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

<looks at head, looks at Foxy's avatar, looks back>
That's a heckuva match! It still amazes me how crazy good fursuits have gotten over the years.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

I might not have a fursuit, but I can still walk around being awesome.

ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

DingoVolf wrote:<looks at head, looks at Foxy's avatar, looks back>
That's a heckuva match! It still amazes me how crazy good fursuits have gotten over the years.
Ty. Of course earlier,someone said the handpaws i got are awful.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They could use being browner I think.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

I just came up for air after non-stop days & nights of trying to keep up with the pace of grad school.

Wow, Foxy - nice looking character you got there!

BTW,
I've been invited to be an official judge at a dog show "trick or treat" fundraiser this upcoming 20th of October in Williamston, Michigan as Tycho Aussie.
How cool is that? I wonder if I can enter myself as a contestant.

:D
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Somehow I doubt it. :P

That's really cool though! Will there be videos?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Sleet wrote:Somehow I doubt it. :P

That's really cool though! Will there be videos?
I don't know, but I hope so!
I also need to round up a couple more singers for the act.
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

tychoaussie wrote:I just came up for air after non-stop days & nights of trying to keep up with the pace of grad school.

Wow, Foxy - nice looking character you got there!

BTW,
I've been invited to be an official judge at a dog show "trick or treat" fundraiser this upcoming 20th of October in Williamston, Michigan as Tycho Aussie.
How cool is that? I wonder if I can enter myself as a contestant.

:D
TY. Just waiting on feetpaws to be made. Fursuit parts seem to take a long time.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Yes, I own a fursuit. No I don't attend cons.
I have, however been getting quite a bit of use out of it these past eight months:

Quick update. Halloween was tons of fun. The Dog trick or treat fundraiser event went great, and my son & I even ended up on the front page of the newspaper.

We've also been performing, singing and dancing at senior centers, and writing our own fun songs.

...so there's perhaps an aspect of fursuiting that you don't see very often, I think. It's quite rewarding but physically demanding.

- -

The city of Williamston let me lead their 16th annual Williamston Light parade on December 1st!

3 1/2 hours of jumping, dancing, pictures, high-fiving & hugs until I couldn't see anymore!

...thousands of happy, delighted people... Plus I even got to meet Elvis who shook my paw and thankyouverymuch'ed me for coming.

The city & parade judges even awarded me a brass plaque that says "best first time entry" and an invitation to return for 2013!

Leopard97

Post by Leopard97 »

I don't have a fursuit but I would if I had the money to get one I think they look awesome
If you have a 3DS pm me your fc and I'll give you mine.
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

Cool. Of course hopefully i'm able to go to Anthrocon this year or next year. Not sure though,because there is much stuff going on irl right now.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

I'm still hanging around! - just awfully busy with graduate school. It's a lot tougher when you put a few years between college and then.... more college. 'Specially when you forget how to integrate and derivate, partial & differential & otherwise; Triangle functions, quadratic functions, greens functions, Taylor series, Fourier series, infinite series, Laplace operators, cross and dot products, feedback loops, lagrange multipliers, Euler and euclidian bazookas, Eigenvalues, Eigenvectors, Victor Vector Victoria, what's your vector, Victor?

FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

I gotta admit, thats one cool costume you got there tychoaussie :lol:
It looks as though you have a lot of fun with it too :P
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey, you and I both have been in Applebee's wearing tails! You just had more on the rest of your body than me. :P
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet went to Applebee's nekkid, save for a tail. Got it.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't want to know how you think I attached the tail to my body.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

:oops: The glue will eventually wear off, Sleet.

Two different furry threads and I didn't notice :: There's a response for you Sleet.... on the other thread.

Anyway, Tychoaussie got interviewed for FNN, out of SHEER luck.
I'm told I'm a bit outside of the furry stereotype, which is probably a polite way of saying I'm...4 standard deviations away from the mean.

http://www.furrynewsnetwork.com/2013/03 ... ter-month/
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Methinks Sleet attached the tail Eeyore-style.

As for me, give me a few years to save up and I'm gonna be fursuitting. When i do, you'll get to see how it looks.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Ran across this by accident clicking a wrong bookmark:

http://artsquish.deviantart.com/art/Wyo ... -362730848

If I ever had something like that I would very likely be a behavior problem. :)
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Did I mention that a few weeks ago, I actually TAUGHT one of my ecology courses while wearing my fursuit?

Tycho Aussie - last day of class, ISP203L at Michigan State University.

:)

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Tycho, that is awesome sauce! I bet everyone really enjoyed that. Great way to end the semester :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That is just amazing. Could they understand you?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I'm not really interested on having a fursuit, it costs too much and I have nowhere to use it or keep it. Besides, it's extremelly dangerous to wear a fursuit. What happens if you go wearing it to a costume party or a costume contest and an evil wizard turns everyone into whatever they were dressed as? No thanks, man!
Sleet wrote:I don't want to know how you think I attached the tail to my body.
Grew it through genetic engieneering.
tychoaussie wrote:Did I mention that a few weeks ago, I actually TAUGHT one of my ecology courses while wearing my fursuit?
What he was saying: "....And through this method we can save energy and help on preventing the spread of residual fumes on the local atmosphere, which is important due to the......"
What the students were hearing:"Hug me! Hug me! Hug me! Hug me! Hug me! Hug me! Hug me! Hug me!"
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Silly Zealot wrote:I'm not really interested on having a fursuit, it costs too much and I have nowhere to use it or keep it. Besides, it's extremelly dangerous to wear a fursuit. What happens if you go wearing it to a costume party or a costume contest and an evil wizard turns everyone into whatever they were dressed as? No thanks, man!
well most people wearing fursuits would actually enjoy becoming an anthropomorphic animal, so no danger there.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

true but i still wont wear one.....i can only go so far people....
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Nothing wrong with that.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

i know.....its just that fursuites kind of make me feel odd....
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

lasthunter wrote:i know.....its just that fursuites kind of make me feel odd....
That is understandable. There are studies on human reactions to animated things that have human qualities. Sometimes when they get too human-like, but aren't perceived as human, it makes some people feel odd, weird, and/or creeped out. You might be one of those people. The trick it to create a costume and perfect your acting technique to maximize the percentage of people who are attracted and minimize the number of people that are creeped out. There will always be someone who isn't able to interact no matter what - Perhaps you are one of those. However if I were to spend a couple hours with you in costume, you'd probably get over it.

As for being IN costume; it's hot inside, and the vision isn't very good (though mine's better than most). The interesting thing is, you use gestures as a replacement for facial features - and they make the static eyes flat-out work. The first few times that you open your arms, and see a bunch of children suddenly break into a run to wrap their arms about your waist and hug you tightly... It's magical and addictive. Once it happens a couple of times, you learn to live with the inconveniences because of the joy and fun it brings. Now when I see the costume hanging up, it brings to me happy memories.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

true....maybe i just need to get used to them.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Well, technically you don't *have* to get used to them :D

just avoid them, which is generally pretty easy to do as there isn't many of them around, except at cons & stuff. I'm pretty careful with other people's feelings - there's a few people I know at college at at church who can't even look at me, so I'm careful to not bother them or pay attention to them, and we get along just fine, pretending each other isn't there ;)
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

tychoaussie wrote:I'm pretty careful with other people's feelings - there's a few people I know at college at at church who can't even look at me, so I'm careful to not bother them or pay attention to them, and we get along just fine, pretending each other isn't there ;)
You made the mistake of breaking one of the most important rules of fursuiting and cosplaying in general: NEVER reveal your secret identity! Otherwise, supervillains like the Costume Cutter, the Moth-Man, or the infamous crimelord Cyrius Bizsness will go to attack you at your house!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

I don't own one, but have thought about it. The reason I would own one would be simple, I like the idea of being able to do whatever I want without being judged. People judge all the time, so in a way a suit would stop that from happening. Instead of someone judging, "Me", they could only judge the suit. I really could care less about people's opinion towards me, but I have to admit it does get old.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Tatsuo wrote:I don't own one, but have thought about it. The reason I would own one would be simple, I like the idea of being able to do whatever I want without being judged. People judge all the time, so in a way a suit would stop that from happening. Instead of someone judging, "Me", they could only judge the suit. I really could care less about people's opinion towards me, but I have to admit it does get old.
I admit the anonimity does give a bigger impression of freedom in front of others, but for you only need to cover your head and usual clothing. Maybe with an armor. Ooooh, and armor with spikes and painted black! Yeah, that'd be neat!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

A lot of really shy people are much more outgoing and playful in a fursuit. Even if people know who you are, it often makes people more comfortable being silly.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Tatsuo wrote: Instead of someone judging, "Me", they could only judge the suit. I really could care less about people's opinion towards me, but I have to admit it does get old.
Sorry my fellow Housepetscomic reader, but unfortunately life doesn't work that way in real life. You should care about people's opinion towards you. You should care by making sure you are good, honorable, and trustworthy. You should care on whether or not people perceive you as a hard worker or a slacker. You should care about people's feelings. You should care about developing into a better person. Otherwise, people's opinion about you will limit your chances and opportunities in life. Good guys are given the benefit of the doubt whereas jerks are ignored or just outright rejected. I want to be a good guy. I want to make a difference in my community and try to make it a better, more positive place. I care about people's opinions, and I try to do what it takes to be true to myself, my family, my God, and my community.

Sorry if this sounds all schmarmy, boy-scouty and goofy, but I don't really know how to say it any other way. I am personally tired of the sad and worn-out lie that says we should all be quiet, not say anything, and be kind and accepting of people who really don't give a rip about anyone that lives around them. *I KNOW* this is not what you meant to say or type, nor am I angry or miffed or anything else.

When I am in a fursuit, it's not an attempt to hide behind the facade of a cute character. I try to make sure that the character is someone who kids and parents can trust, and I also try to make sure the PERSON WITHIN is also someone whom people can trust. It's about being genuine in all aspects, and I think it's important.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

tychoaussie wrote: Sorry my fellow Housepetscomic reader, but unfortunately life doesn't work that way in real life. You should care about people's opinion towards you. You should care by making sure you are good, honorable, and trustworthy. You should care on whether or not people perceive you as a hard worker or a slacker. You should care about people's feelings. You should care about developing into a better person. Otherwise, people's opinion about you will limit your chances and opportunities in life. Good guys are given the benefit of the doubt whereas jerks are ignored or just outright rejected. I want to be a good guy. I want to make a difference in my community and try to make it a better, more positive place. I care about people's opinions, and I try to do what it takes to be true to myself, my family, my God, and my community.

Sorry if this sounds all schmarmy, boy-scouty and goofy, but I don't really know how to say it any other way. I am personally tired of the sad and worn-out lie that says we should all be quiet, not say anything, and be kind and accepting of people who really don't give a rip about anyone that lives around them. *I KNOW* this is not what you meant to say or type, nor am I angry or miffed or anything else.

When I am in a fursuit, it's not an attempt to hide behind the facade of a cute character. I try to make sure that the character is someone who kids and parents can trust, and I also try to make sure the PERSON WITHIN is also someone whom people can trust. It's about being genuine in all aspects, and I think it's important.

Hmmm....How to put this nicely and keep it from getting religious. I believe there is only one person who can judge me. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. Anyone, including me, weather they be curved like a rainbow, dip in both pots, or as strait as the pencil I use to sketch with, who am I to call them out? We all have our own faults and quarks. So in my opinion I'll never be higher then those around me to tell them who they are or that they're wrong. All we can do is welcome them with open arms.

I was taught something once. There is a Crab in the Pacific northern hemisphere up near Alaska that does something no other crab on the planet does. Don't ask me the name, I don't know it. I'm sure you've seen crab boats and what they use to fish with. The pots are big and are stuffed with a bunch of bait. The pot is flung over and sinks to the bottom. Now imagine one crab see's the bait and comes on over, gets in the trap, and begins feed. Other crabs see the same bait and they to come over and also begin to feed. Then even more come. Even when there's no bait left, more crabs will still come because they see a big conjugation of other crabs. Now there's all these crabs in this one trap. This where it gets interesting. If one crab finally smarts up and realizes there's no bait left, it will begin to scale the walls trying to get out. Instead of the other crabs following, they will pull that one crab down. If tries again they'll start pulling arms off the crab. And even if it still persists they will kill that one crab trying to escape.

How do we relate this to everyday life? It's very simple. Whatever you want to better yourself in, weather it be your career, cultural, personal well being, you will always have people against you. They see you trying to better yourself and instead of following you, they try to bring you down to their level, because they know they should also do better. No matter what you do in this world you will always have people slandering you, judging you, making you feel lower because they are afraid to step out of their comfort zone, and become someone they want to be. Someone they can be happy with.

I don't mean to sound rude or belittle what your saying. I get you should always listen to what people have to say about you. I'm just saying you can't always make everyone happy. So in a way a suit could give one a break to everything that I've mentioned, if that makes since.

Sorry kinda ranted there and got off subject. So Yes I would own a suit and like it very much =)
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Rico

Post by Rico »

Thanks tychoaussie for your account and pics. This whole topic made for a very interesting and enjoyable read. I'm also very glad it's working out so well for you and the people around you!
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Maybe if I started going to conventions I'd be interested in looking for one. I guess I think of it as dressing for the part. You got your fursuit for furry Cons and your Halo suit for Comic-Cons.

+ cools pics tycho, I like the design of your suit! :D
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!