Series of Neighborhoods with Metapets?

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zack_the_husky

Series of Neighborhoods with Metapets?

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Some of you may remember an OOC thread I created before called 'PF: Mcmannon Hills', which ended up not being picked up due to it's fantastic nature. Well, what if we made a series of Neighborhoods that feature more fantastical/superheroish/meta natures, than PF would allow? Also, could someone come up with something we could call this series of Neighborhoods?
D-Singer

Re: Series of Neighborhoods with Metapets?

Post by D-Singer »

I remember that, but didn’t really like the premise. It just sounded too cartoony for my tastes. But I would entertain the idea of a Pet-friendly spinoff of something like 'Heroes'.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

I kind of had 'Smallville' in mind myself when I created Mcmannon Hills.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

No idea what 'Smallville' even is. :/
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

D-Singer wrote:I remember that, but didn’t really like the premise. It just sounded too cartoony for my tastes. But I would entertain the idea of a Pet-friendly spinoff of something like 'Heroes'.
That'd be cool :D . Or like that one Scfy show...Alphas.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

it's the TV show that focused on Superman before he was superman, when he lived in Smallville, Kansas.

Alphas and Heroes are basically the same show, both pretty much X-men without the costumes.
still good shows, though
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Well, the Pet Friendly neighborhoods have different flavors for different people. Maybe this series of Neighborhoods could be the same? And, what Brent said, only, alot of people actually like Smallville.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

The idea is good, but I don't think I'd have a character for it any time soon. Maybe someone wants to GM, and you guys can toss out ideas for superpets you'd like to play? Then you can flesh out the setting and all that...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Whoever is GM would have to not disappear for extended periods of time, because this would probably require mechanics closer to an SRP, with certain moves being decided by a dice roll.
plus, there'd have to be some conflict, so either the GM could come up with pet villains, or maybe choose a player with a hero pet to come up with a villain or group of villains to face that day.

Then there would be the matter of stats. would there be extra Special points to add to one specific stat, or would there be a superpower stat that would be used to buff whichever stat the power enhances, or what.

Because normal PF mechanics wouldn't work very well with this idea.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I have a few ideas, which go back to the Skrawl system, but I'm gonna reserve them until I see some interest...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well I'm definitely interested once we work out the logistics of it all.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

This idea sounds very interesting and I might have a character idea already.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Perhaps do powers on a case by case basis? It seems rather difficult to assign numbers to something so varied... Maybe provide a system of major and minor powers? A character can have perhaps 3 major powers (really strong powers) but then no small benefits (minor powers). This would be like telekinesis but cannot fly. Power over electricity but cannot come in contact with conductive liquids... Other characters maybe get minor powers in exchange for few major powers... I myself want a psychic shape shifter.
valerio

Post by valerio »

we should classify powers on the following basis:

1) mutations (inborn powers)
2) enhancements (tech, genetic alteration)
3) magic

Now, mutations should follow the rules of genetics. If a character has a power, that same power is transmitted to the next generation if only one parent is a mutant. If both are, my suggestion is that the powers should be spliced between the litter members, or - in case only one is borne - that the litter has one power only, but not both. This to avoid accumulation of superpowers to the point that a living god is born.

Tech enhancements should follow the rules of physics more than with other powers. In other world, a bionic body must be projected so it has certain limits, or everyone's Thor! Genetic alteration can give cool powers, but I suggest it also makes one sterile due to those same modifications. In other words, congrats you can fly but you can only adopt. Hey, smile! Your cub's gonna lead a nooormal life.

Magic: it can allow one to do parlor tricks to bend reality, so the only limit is creativity. Luckily, magic follow strict rules (we can set them) and it takes a lot of time and experience and a very disciplined mind to be a True Master, even an evil one. In other words, serial killers and madpets are not liable to become more than magic-enhanced spawn. Remember, kids: Magic is not something you should try outside of your classes!

Then there is the inevitable cathegory of gods!
Do we create our own pantheon or do we refer to the many many many many many existing ones? I'd like to see our own imagination in creating one, so that we can develop it and set the rules for it (giving rules to gods? Hmmm...tricky). After all, a good pantheon will pretty cover every aspect of our mortal life. Heck, we could have a High God of Television with the subgods of Reality, Horror, News, etc...

Well, those were my two cents, for a starter. I think we could spend a lot of contructive time setting up the scenery before throwing ourselves into the game. I add that without a proper setting, it will inevitably end with everyone deciding he/she's cooler/tougher/any other -er than the others. Superpowers do that to people! :lol:

Also, agree totally with Brent: the normal stats we use for the other RPs here cannot be considered as valid for something so....liquid as this. too many factors involved.
My idea for some stats:

Alignment. If you have a 'good' character, the more it is a good-doer, the less it can take evil decisions unless sacrificing a quote of its presence or part of its power (a mage would be severly penalized with a demoting, for example. A mutant hero would self-inhibit the use of his power...)
By the same token, if you have an 'evil' character, the more good it does, the more the chance it can be attacked by a former fellow criminal who'll see its former companion as 'traitor'
A neutral can be your typical vigilante who'll do pretty much what it wants, but at the cost of not being really trusted by both sides.
And so on...

More when I'll come up with more :mrgreen:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:we should classify powers on the following basis:

1) mutations (inborn powers)
2) enhancements (tech, genetic alteration)
3) magic

Now, mutations should follow the rules of genetics. If a character has a power, that same power is transmitted to the next generation if only one parent is a mutant. If both are, my suggestion is that the powers should be spliced between the litter members, or - in case only one is borne - that the litter has one power only, but not both. This to avoid accumulation of superpowers to the point that a living god is born.

Tech enhancements should follow the rules of physics more than with other powers. In other world, a bionic body must be projected so it has certain limits, or everyone's Thor! Genetic alteration can give cool powers, but I suggest it also makes one sterile due to those same modifications. In other words, congrats you can fly but you can only adopt. Hey, smile! Your cub's gonna lead a nooormal life.

Magic: it can allow one to do parlor tricks to bend reality, so the only limit is creativity. Luckily, magic follow strict rules (we can set them) and it takes a lot of time and experience and a very disciplined mind to be a True Master, even an evil one. In other words, serial killers and madpets are not liable to become more than magic-enhanced spawn. Remember, kids: Magic is not something you should try outside of your classes!

Then there is the inevitable cathegory of gods!
Do we create our own pantheon or do we refer to the many many many many many existing ones? I'd like to see our own imagination in creating one, so that we can develop it and set the rules for it (giving rules to gods? Hmmm...tricky). After all, a good pantheon will pretty cover every aspect of our mortal life. Heck, we could have a High God of Television with the subgods of Reality, Horror, News, etc...

Well, those were my two cents, for a starter. I think we could spend a lot of contructive time setting up the scenery before throwing ourselves into the game. I add that without a proper setting, it will inevitably end with everyone deciding he/she's cooler/tougher/any other -er than the others. Superpowers do that to people! :lol:
for mutations, I'm not sure the litters and such would come into play unless we have two related character, but we could go the X-Men/Heroes route where the gene that's mutated leads to a random power, not necessarily related to the powers of the parents. (The one in Heroes with a healing factor was the child of one who could fly and one with pyrokinesis) so one parent with a power and another with a different power produce a child with a third power, or one of the first two powers.

also, I don't think gods would really come into play, but if they did we could probably use the Celestial Beings, even expanding their roster, since I doubt they'd really be more than "this is the source of my power." like, we won't actually be playing as them, perhaps just as a minor character talking to the one with the powers.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:for mutations, I'm not sure the litters and such would come into play unless we have two related character, but we could go the X-Men/Heroes route where the gene that's mutated leads to a random power, not necessarily related to the powers of the parents. (The one in Heroes with a healing factor was the child of one who could fly and one with pyrokinesis) so one parent with a power and another with a different power produce a child with a third power, or one of the first two powers.
also, I don't think gods would really come into play, but if they did we could probably use the Celestial Beings, even expanding their roster, since I doubt they'd really be more than "this is the source of my power." like, we won't actually be playing as them, perhaps just as a minor character talking to the one with the powers.
Respectfully, Brent, I strongly disagree with the X-Men routine. If a thing is genetic, it should at least follow the rules of genetics. Otherwise, unless we're talking about a 'year zero' in which the first superpowers ever are being displayed, we should be having a world of physical freaks all over what with random mutations running rampant.
On the divinities, we can work over that. Don't need to go on the ol' Olympian thing and similar. We could have divinities closer to the ones Gaiman proposed in his time.

Also, and I think most important, HOW would an animal accept to be a pet if he/she can fly, punch through walls, breathe fire..? The answer is: the humans got the upper side of power. How?
Well, back to what I said before: magic is a question of learning and living long enough to learn. In this world, humans have a definite advantage here. They are more skilled and powerful than powered animals.
So, the theme of this neighborhood could be: preparing for rebellion, with the 'good' pets trying to keep the status quo and avoid the world precipitating into pure chaos, while the rebellious animals would try to overthrow their 'masters' at any cost. With some funny shenanigan in the middle of course!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Also, and I think most important, HOW would an animal accept to be a pet if he/she can fly, punch through walls, breathe fire..?
by that logic, why did Clark Kent not rebel against his parents when he could easily have just flown away if they ever told him to stay inside. I say the pets would love their owners and stay by their side regardless of if they had power over them. The villains would probably be strays, but the heroes would remain pets, staying to protect their masters.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valid point.
Superman is a WRONG example, though. 'Supes' was the archetype of the good american guy (no offense to any American), the ultimate humana paladin, he was MADE so that he MUST be good. Psychologycally speaking, he's one big bundle of frustration and self-denial, but he's a walking symbol. Supes can't do wrong and that's it (unless temporarily possessed/crazed, etc)
To justify the fact that a pet would love to stay by his human, then we must start with generation one, when all of the social implications must be examined properly AND when there are not enough powered animals to worry the humans -yes, because if should a pet choose to live with its best nonfurred friend, then let's not forget that humans would not welcome the idea of outnumbering animals becoming a potential threat. Paranoia woud soon lead US to act against them and, if not eliminate them, then treating them as mutants were treated in the 'Days of a Future Past' scenario. Animals at that point would be actually slaves for whom collars are de-powerers.
On the other hand, if humans have the magical upper hand already, then no prob: powered pets can be controlled without resorting to extreme measures. And it doesn't call for EVERY human of the neighborhood having magic talents, just the 'animal control' deputies (in our case).
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

As I said, I don't think we should be working out a system until we have PLAYERS who have CHARACTERS, otherwise there is no RP.

That being said, I believe trying to set up the constraints now is a bad idea, and you guys are setting them a little tight: wait until players have characters and set up the system around the characters people want to play.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

but for this to work we'd need to at least tweak the rules of character creation, so we can't really have characters until we know everything we'll need to make a character that would work here. Mainly, we need to know how to assign values to powers so that there aren't any overpowered characters. We don't want a Spot (Superdog) in our midst.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Should all Meta neighborhoods have the same character creation rules? And, has anyone thought up a name of what we could call this series of Neighborhoods?
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Housepets already has a system in place for super powered play, channeling the power of the Celestial Beings. In a sense, the characters would be minions of one Celestial Being or another.
As Tarot said, there are rules they have to follow, in order to use and keep there powers.
An use of said powers could require an channeling artifact, like the hats there using in the current story line..
Can't use your power/s if your artifact is lost, stolen, destroyed.

Another way to go about it is the Pokemon route.
where the characters start off with one or two low powered abilities. An through capture and training from there human trainers, they get newer or stronger powers.
even evolve into a new critter altogether.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Boy this is sounding negative in story already.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, lets just see a show of people:
Who's planning on getting in on this, and what is your character idea?

I don't want to put to much thought into this one unless you guys are actually going to play and not just build a world with no one in it.

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:but for this to work we'd need to at least tweak the rules of character creation, so we can't really have characters until we know everything we'll need to make a character that would work here.
You need no rules. You need characters. As far as I can tell, you're writing the rules for a neighborhood that, so far, does not have any players. At all. As in, I see no one saying "I want to make THIS character!" which is what SHOULD be happening if you actually have a viable concept.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

this isn't just an extension of the PF neighborhoods. This, like the SRPs, would require different limitations set on the character creation, and the stat point probably would matter. When SRPs are first suggested, the GM has already described anything extra we need to know, like Inventory limits, the fear score in Zander's SRP, and the health and hunger meters in Aecros Hydris. These things give us an idea of what kind of character we want.

Zach hasn't provided a full neighborhood with fleshed out mechanics, he's only given a basic idea. I can't come up with a character based on a basic idea, I'd need more concrete details to do that. What I can do is say that I like the basic idea and help flesh out the details I need for character creation.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

If I remember correctly, Rock, there was a neighborhood where magical-using character were used without the proper checks, to the point that said neighborhood had almost to be reset due to ensuing chaos...Radiant Gardens, if I am right?
Why run the same risk here? Alas, having superpowers, IMO, requires extra attention.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Here, let me give an example of what I am telling you to do:
Character Concept wrote:My character is a little dog who has super-strength and can fly. He's not very good at combat aside from that, but he's good at lifting things and has a heart of gold. He also speaks in rhymes and carries around a super-vitamin for when he runs low on power. His superhero name is 'Underdog'.
If you cannot do something so simple, then there is no reason for me to think that you will be able to write a full character sheet when there finally are rules.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

fine if you want something that easy, I'll do it. but it'll probably have to change once the rules are established.
character concept wrote:A large dog with the ability to teleport. His powers need time to recharge, and how long it's been recharging determines how far he can teleport at one time. once he's used a large teleport, he can teleport only a few feet at a time during a fight. Luckily, he's not horrible at fighting, so that isn't all that much of a problem. He can't teleport anywhere without knowing exactly where or he risks winding up in a brick wall.
good enough? he's nightcrawler with a recharge period.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

I have a cool idea for three characters: a 'lone wolf' and two brothers. The lone guy, though, is on the way of developing his powers and show their true nature and extension. I could listen certain characteristics because that's all he can do for now... But is *there* a limit to acceptable power growth? Or, rather: if I say my character is super-strong, what's the source of that strength? Telekinesis? Nanotech? Gravity manipulation? Magic?
In this case, fixed stats could be a hinder.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

It all depends on the mythology Val. And how much the GM wants to put up with.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, see what you guys just threw out? These character concepts are both near the same level in power, and give us alot more insight into what the campaign is going to look like. They also tell me that there is an interest in making characters this time around.

ACK! I thought I posted this a DAY ago! Oh well...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well, since we're at it, here's the basic concepts (pending stats and refined rules) for my characters:

GAI and MEI, whose owners are of Japanese origins, are twin cat brothers.
Gai is...well, attractive is the word, but not in the physical beauty (of which he's got his own share) way. he...draws attention. His mind continually emits waves on specific patterns that 'force' people around him to take notice of him. His real talent consists of shutting down his power, and to do so he has learnt how to keep his emotions in check, be cool and master martial arts that require focus. His power can come useful in collective fights -example, if he wants to help a friend, he only needs to 'draw attention' of said friend's adversary and distract that adversary.
MEI is...invisbile. That is, her mind will continually emit waves on a specific pattern that makes other people ignore her, even to a basic sensorial level. She could cut your throat without you understanding how it's happening. In fact, she *loves* to play pranks on others and steal stuff -all because she can. And though her power won't make her invisible to cameras and any artificial/robotic device, as long as there is an operator or a mind behind said devices, she can make herself invisible to them. She has trained as a ninja and dresses as such, switching off and on her power to make others believe she can perform supernatural tricks.

If there is space for a third character, I'll come up with it
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

If we're throwing out some character ideas, i'll throw mine into the ring.

My idea is for a dog named Blaze, who can shape-shift into the form of any animal his size, but he has to have physical contact with said animal within 12 hours. And can only be that animal for at the most 30 minutes if that's his first change of the day. The more he changes the shorter the illusion's last. So at the beginning of the day he can hold the illusion for half an hour, at the end of the day if he changed a lot during the day he would be able to hold it for about 1 minute. He generally uses his power for evil by shape-shifting into another pet's look and then stealing things or breaking laws.

Is that a good general idea for a character?
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

seems good for me. lucky I scrapped my idea for a shape-shifter and went with teleporting instead.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

musclecar326 wrote:If we're throwing out some character ideas, i'll throw mine into the ring.

My idea is for a dog named Blaze, who can shape-shift into the form of any animal his size, but he has to have physical contact with said animal within 12 hours. And can only be that animal for at the most 30 minutes if that's his first change of the day. The more he changes the shorter the illusion's last. So at the beginning of the day he can hold the illusion for half an hour, at the end of the day if he changed a lot during the day he would be able to hold it for about 1 minute. He generally uses his power for evil by shape-shifting into another pet's look and then stealing things or breaking laws.

Is that a good general idea for a character?
I like the guy, but shapeshifting is not an 'illusion', which is mind-related, so I'd like to know if he can shapeshift organically or not. I ask before, technicalities apart, a telepath or someone with heightened senses could tell illusion from reality, while a physical change is foolproof (OK, NOT for a very good telepath).
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

It is an organic transformation, i don't know why i wrote illusion. But yes he can be detected by strong telepaths.
Yes, I am a furry.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

So, based on my work in Tabletop RPG development, this is my suggestion:

==== New Character Sheet Section: Super-Powers ====
Every super-hero will have this section, and the powers given to them will give them extraordinary abilities like super strength or flight. They work as follows.

Power Points - Characters now have up to 10 points to spend on superpowers. They can spread these points between as many or as few fields as they want. This means they might put 10 into just one, or 1 into 10 different fields. The more power points in one field, the more super they are in it.

Power Fields - Powers are defined by Fields, which explain what particular abilities they grant. You can make them up per character, but you should keep them relatively straight forward. If you can't keep them to one word, you probably don't want to use them.
Examples of power fields:
- Strength - Obviously how much output the characters muscles can get. Scores of 1 or 2 might be able to lift small cars, while scores of 5 or 6 can hurl semi-trucks to the horizon.
- Toughness - The physical damage the character can soak. 1 might mean the character can take a few more punches than usual, while 5 would make the character bulletproof.
- Speed - Traveling speed of any kind.
- Flight - Up up and away! More points means more flight power, speed, and/or finesse. A character with 1 would be able to float up to the top of a building, while a 5 could soar over the city.
- Transformation - The ability to turn one's self into other things. 1 might mean a temporary illusion, 5 might mean physically transforming into something of equal mass for an indefinite period, and 10 would give unlimited potential.
- Telekinesis - Lifting/moving things with your mind.
- Telepathy - Reading, signalling, and manipulating the minds of others.
- Invisibility - Being invisible to others, by way of light-bending, mind-control, etc.
- Presence - Drawing the attention of others.
- Intelligence - Thinking up and understanding things beyond the comprehension of others.
- Gadgetry - Machines which give characters powers that they don't otherwise have, such as grappling hooks, jet packs, homing devices, body armor, and tazer gloves. The abilities of the items are pretty much unlimited as long as they are explained and paid for with appropriate points. This means they can do ALOT of different things with the right set of gadgets, but if they LOSE those gadgets they no longer have that power until they can recover it.
- Martial Arts - Combat styles which give a character an advantage over a stronger opponent.
- Perception - Ability to be aware of things. Perhaps it is within a radius of the character, perhaps it is telescopic and they can see things on the other side of the world.

Scaling for Specialization - If you want to get nitty-gritty, power fields can be scaled based on how broad or specific they are, broader fields being weaker at specific actions than more specialized ones. For example, a character with the power "super muscles" would get everything that entails, from looks, to strength, to being able to take a punch. A character with simply "super strength" would be confined to strength with his powers, but would get more bang per dot. A character with "super lifting" would be able to lift about 5 times as much weight per point as the super strength character, but that wouldn't translate to something that didn't count, like crushing or grappling.

One-off powers - You can also have very specific powers by just spending a single point on something, like laser-vision.

Example Character: Nerfed Spot -
Strength: 3
Toughness: 2
Flight: 4
Intelligence: 1

Spot here is super strong, able to take a car to the face, can fly around the city, and is a pretty fast thinker.

I notice that this may make some of the characters more powerful now, and I will note that you guys will want to tweak this, maybe by scaling down the powers or using less points.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

so I guess teleportation would correlate to a high speed score, yes?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

will examine and tell
valerio

Post by valerio »

between parentheses, my suggestion for a first toning

Examples of power fields:
- Strength - Obviously how much output the characters muscles can get. Scores of 1 or 2 might be able to lift small cars, while scores of 5 or 6 can hurl semi-trucks to the horizon.
- Toughness - The physical damage the character can soak. 1 might mean the character can take a few more punches than usual, while 5 would make the character bulletproof.
- Speed - Traveling speed of any kind. (1: not much faster than average, according to species. 5: the Flash. 6: lightspeed)
- Flight - Up up and away! More points means more flight power, speed, and/or finesse. A character with 1 would be able to float up to the top of a building, while a 5 could soar over the city.
- Transformation - The ability to turn one's self into other things. 1 might mean a temporary illusion, 5 might mean physically transforming into something of equal mass for an indefinite period, and 10 would give unlimited potential. (1 may mean a minimum single transformation such as skin/fur only, eyes color, height, etc, - ‘illusion’ ranges into telepathy)
- Telekinesis - Lifting/moving things with your mind. (1: small objects, or a single object of combined weight – 5: buildings – 6. You can work at molecular level)
- Telepathy - Reading, signalling, and manipulating the minds of others. (1: working for a limited timespan and good with weak minds. 5: can you spell ‘marionette’?)
- Invisibility - Being invisible to others, by way of light-bending, mind-control, etc. (both Invisibility and Presence by mind control should be related to the telepathy/mind control cathegories. Invisibility, physically speaking, is only the ability of controlling lightwaves)
- Presence - Drawing the attention of others.
- Intelligence - Thinking up and understanding things beyond the comprehension of others. (suggestion: intelligence is the best optimized way to elaborate data. A super-intelligent mind, specialized in certain scientific branch, could not be absolutely able to translate languages unless trained in this. Also, ‘Memory’ should be a sub-cathegory, since not strictly related to intelligence. For example, an autistic pet could be a doofus in the brain department, but have a useful photographic memory)
- Gadgetry - Machines which give characters powers that they don't otherwise have, such as grappling hooks, jet packs, homing devices, body armor, and tazer gloves. The abilities of the items are pretty much unlimited as long as they are explained and paid for with appropriate points. This means they can do ALOT of different things with the right set of gadgets, but if they LOSE those gadgets they no longer have that power until they can recover it.
- Martial Arts - Combat styles which give a character an advantage over a stronger opponent.
- Perception - Ability to be aware of things. Perhaps it is within a radius of the character, perhaps it is telescopic and they can see things on the other side of the world. (tricky! I’d rather suggest ‘heightened senses’, where 1: better than average species/breed –a 1-heightened cat will be better than a 1-heightened dog in the hearing dept and at a loss in the sniffing dept.- 5: wolverine 6: extended conscience, verging on Cosmic Sense)