Reply to topic  [ 9220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 231  Next
My Little Pony 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
Penwrite wrote:
I need help. Suggestions. Opinions.

You see, I'm a big fan of the horror movie The Thing. Now my brother tells me there is a fan fic adapting The Thing into MLP, with Twilight Sparkle and all the rest. Now I can't decide if I want to read it or not. I mean, I'm a massive fan of the movie, but that means I pretty much know how it's gonna play out for the mane 6 (not well at all). My brother's reading it, so I also don't want to be less brave than him.

Gah.



I say don't, because everybody dies at the end. That is kind of depressing to do with the Mane 6.

Also that movie is awesome!

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2715
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: My Little Pony
I never posted the drawings I made, did I?

Image

(Only colored this)
Image

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
*stares*

Wow, those are amazing! I wish I had the money to commission somethi-

*notices something in the second picture*

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!


Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:44 am
Posts: 1136
Post Re: My Little Pony
I feel outclassed.
Image
(my ponysona that I am 80% sure I never posted)

_________________
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!


Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Exranio, that's still better than anything I can do. The stuff that happens when I try drawing is better classified as "anti-art". :?


Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15547
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: My Little Pony
That is one mephitid pony right there.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 1725
Location: Ponyville
Post Re: My Little Pony
Penwrite wrote:
Exranio, that's still better than anything I can do. The stuff that happens when I try drawing is better classified as "anti-art". :?

it takes me multiple weeks to do any drawing
they never end up good either
*hug*

_________________
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Random_Fandom/index/
http://mariomarc.deviantart.com/

Looking for Love
Image


Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
mariomarc wrote:
Penwrite wrote:
Exranio, that's still better than anything I can do. The stuff that happens when I try drawing is better classified as "anti-art". :?

it takes me multiple weeks to do any drawing
they never end up good either
*hug*


*hugs back*

Everyone, I believe it's time for a dose of nostalgia from the earlier days of the fandom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIq7P0jB ... re=related


Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2715
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: My Little Pony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALl8CNCSBc

Made a theme pack for my Vita

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Kyderra wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALl8CNCSBc

Made a theme pack for my Vita


Oooh... straying a teensy bit off-topic a moment, is the Vita worth buying?

And now hurrying back onto topic before anyone says anything! Ponies meet Pirates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5LNAPXE ... r_embedded

Edit: hey, I wrote a fan fic for the two-year anniversary of MLP: FiM this October 10th. I'd like some feedback on it before I try submitting to Equestria Daily (my worthy foe!). Anyone interested in giving it a read?


Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
My Little Pony, now in 17 different languages!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvMon-LcOHI

English
French
Italian
Dutch
Spanish (European)
German
Danish
Norwegian
Swedish
Arabic
Polish
Spanish (Latin American)
Portuguese (Brazilian)
Hungarian
Czech
Russian
Chinese

In case you ever wanted to know what "Louder!" and "Yay!" were in a language other than your own.

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:20 am
Posts: 2494
Location: The bunny enslaving site, enslaving bunnies. ^^
Post don't ask why. don't even think why.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ ... 521gs0.png

just... accept this. let it sink in. yes. yessssssssssssssssssssssssss........

_________________
Image
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8


Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:05 pm
Profile
Post Re: don't ask why. don't even think why.
Horrific


Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:20 pm
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5472
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: don't ask why. don't even think why.
I don't care for ponies but I must admit, this is awesome in a terrifying way.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 am
Posts: 3916
Location: Sweeeden :3
Post Re: don't ask why. don't even think why.
Don't you guys have a thread specificly for this kinda stuff?

_________________
Jason Mraz wrote:
My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.

Daggy wrote:
Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW


Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 776
Post Re: don't ask why. don't even think why.
Ruining the Armstrong name :(


Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:20 am
Posts: 2494
Location: The bunny enslaving site, enslaving bunnies. ^^
Post Re: don't ask why. don't even think why.
Seth wrote:
I don't care for ponies but I must admit, this is awesome in a terrifying way.


exactly. when you look in its eyes, its like... you feel happy... but cold, on the inside. its amazing.

_________________
Image
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8


Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:07 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17156
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: don't ask why. don't even think why.
Tiggy wrote:
Don't you guys have a thread specificly for this kinda stuff?

I do believe this would go in the ponies thread. And so it shall be.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: don't ask why. don't even think why.
Seth wrote:
I don't care for ponies but I must admit, this is awesome in a terrifying way.



One of us! One of us!

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
My brother and I have been having discussions on, adapting Wizard of Oz into pony, who would be who. I think Applejack should be Dorothy, since she's already a farmgirl with a dog (Winona). However, my brother thinks Applejack would be the Scarecrow, and Twilight would be Dorothy.

Thoughts?


Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm
Profile YIM
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 2436
Location: Somewhere between 8:30 and the color red
Post Re: My Little Pony
...

Wow, that is a tough question.

I'm thinking that Twilight would be Dorthy though. Yea, Applejack is a farm pony so that works better for the very beginning, but I think Twilight would be a better fit for the rest of the story.

_________________
The best cymbal player ever has spoken.


JeffCvt is a copyright of jeffcvt inc. and not to be reproduced without the express written consent of CBS and jeff cvt.


Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17156
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
well I know who will be the cowardly lion. Has to be Fluttershy.
I agree with Twilight as Dorothy, and Spike as Toto.
then Applejack as the scarecrow because she needs brains for those fancy mathematics.
and I don't know who needs a heart. maybe Pinkie as Pinkamena? or possibly Rainbow Dash.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:21 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
I'm thinking Trixie as OZ. :lol:


Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:12 pm
Profile YIM
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17156
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
well they are both "great and powerful"
accent on those quotes.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:13 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4324
Location: Ohio
Post Re: My Little Pony
Show Accurate Figures might be coming Now if this is true these are the kind of toys I would buy.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15547
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: My Little Pony
That would be cool! I wouldn't mind some of those, though I still would prefer plushies!

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
Sleet wrote:
That would be cool! I wouldn't mind some of those, though I still would prefer plushies!



I would love either one, if they are model on the show's characters designs! That is one of the reasons I have never gotten any of the toys is because of how odd they look.

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
well I know who will be the cowardly lion. Has to be Fluttershy.
I agree with Twilight as Dorothy, and Spike as Toto.
then Applejack as the scarecrow because she needs brains for those fancy mathematics.
and I don't know who needs a heart. maybe Pinkie as Pinkamena? or possibly Rainbow Dash.


I see Twilight more as a Glinda-like character, being a farm girl, Applejack would make a good Dorothy.

Cranky Doodle needs a heart, Derpy needs a brain and the CMC are the munchkins.

Would Fluttershy be the Cowardly Lion, or Big Mac? Would Luna be the Wicked Witch or would Chrysalis be? If it is Chrysalis, her changelings could be the flying monkeys. The diamond dogs would have to be the Winkies.

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Huh, I pictured Celestia as the Glinda-figure. But all those others you list, Radio, I agree with. :)


Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:57 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
Also, Gilda could be thrown in. She could use a heart, or her meanness could be a cover for her lack of bravery. Anger hides fear after all. This is of course if you want to use characters other than the Mane 6 for the main cast of Oz.

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: My Little Pony
IceKitsune wrote:
Show Accurate Figures might be coming Now if this is true these are the kind of toys I would buy.

Agreeeed~ If these are legit, and aren't going to cost a small fortune to purchase, I will definitely be getting some once they arrive. All of the toys they've released thus far are far more reminiscent of previous iterations of the series, and I just don't care for them. But if they actually start making some show-accurate G4 figures, I'd be all over that. :3

On the topic of Wizard of Oz, I just can't see Applejack being Dorothy, if I'm honest. Besides being a "farm girl", she's nothing at all like Dorothy; and even on that note, Dorothy wasn't really a "farm girl" so much as an "I-Live-On-A-Farm girl". Could you imagine her character doing a single day's worth of real farm labor? Not a chance.

My vote would be on Twilight as Dorothy, and Celestia is practically perfect for the part of Glinda. Both being the wise, benevolent rulers of the land, they're essentially the same character in their respective worlds.

Aside from that, I like all of Radio's suggestions. And I think Fluttershy would make a better Lion than Big Mac or Gilda. Mac isn't really cowardly; he's just not a big talker. And Gilda, while a great contender for a re-imagining of the story, is just too hot-headed for a direct conversion of the original story.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Show Accurate Figures might be coming Now if this is true these are the kind of toys I would buy.

Agreeeed~ If these are legit, and aren't going to cost a small fortune to purchase, I will definitely be getting some once they arrive. All of the toys they've released thus far are far more reminiscent of previous iterations of the series, and I just don't care for them. But if they actually start making some show-accurate G4 figures, I'd be all over that. :3

On the topic of Wizard of Oz, I just can't see Applejack being Dorothy, if I'm honest. Besides being a "farm girl", she's nothing at all like Dorothy; and even on that note, Dorothy wasn't really a "farm girl" so much as an "I-Live-On-A-Farm girl". Could you imagine her character doing a single day's worth of real farm labor? Not a chance.

My vote would be on Twilight as Dorothy, and Celestia is practically perfect for the part of Glinda. Both being the wise, benevolent rulers of the land, they're essentially the same character in their respective worlds.

Aside from that, I like all of Radio's suggestions. And I think Fluttershy would make a better Lion than Big Mac or Gilda. Mac isn't really cowardly; he's just not a big talker. And Gilda, while a great contender for a re-imagining of the story, is just too hot-headed for a direct conversion of the original story.



Mac could ask the wizard for a larger vocabulary, and Gilda could ask for anger management that is not court ordered.

If Derpy is the scarecrow, I keep thinking back to the "Futurama" riff on Oz.

"You could use a brain."

"Aww! Why do people keep saying that?"

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Show Accurate Figures might be coming Now if this is true these are the kind of toys I would buy.

Agreeeed~ If these are legit, and aren't going to cost a small fortune to purchase, I will definitely be getting some once they arrive. All of the toys they've released thus far are far more reminiscent of previous iterations of the series, and I just don't care for them. But if they actually start making some show-accurate G4 figures, I'd be all over that. :3

On the topic of Wizard of Oz, I just can't see Applejack being Dorothy, if I'm honest. Besides being a "farm girl", she's nothing at all like Dorothy; and even on that note, Dorothy wasn't really a "farm girl" so much as an "I-Live-On-A-Farm girl". Could you imagine her character doing a single day's worth of real farm labor? Not a chance.

My vote would be on Twilight as Dorothy, and Celestia is practically perfect for the part of Glinda. Both being the wise, benevolent rulers of the land, they're essentially the same character in their respective worlds.

Aside from that, I like all of Radio's suggestions. And I think Fluttershy would make a better Lion than Big Mac or Gilda. Mac isn't really cowardly; he's just not a big talker. And Gilda, while a great contender for a re-imagining of the story, is just too hot-headed for a direct conversion of the original story.



Mac could ask the wizard for a larger vocabulary, and Gilda could ask for anger management that is not court ordered.

If Derpy is the scarecrow, I keep thinking back to the "Futurama" riff on Oz.

"You could use a brain."

"Aww! Why do people keep saying that?"


I loved that episode! Man, if I had any ability in video editing, I'd put that line over a scene of Derpy talking.


Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:58 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 1725
Location: Ponyville
Post Re: My Little Pony
you know who i just realized needs to appear in the show
Jim Cummings

_________________
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Random_Fandom/index/
http://mariomarc.deviantart.com/

Looking for Love
Image


Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
A story of love and revolution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMlOkJjJ ... re=g-all-u

Les Mareables!

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
A story of love and revolution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMlOkJjJ ... re=g-all-u

Les Mareables!


Not gonna lie, I teared up a little watching that.


Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
This is just too perfect. A peaceful summer day.

Image

And this didn't make much sense, but I thought that it was worth sharing.

Image

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2715
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: My Little Pony
Looks like I'll have to go get the new Borderlands + Gaige expension

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltre ... ancer.html

Talents:
"Potent as a Pony"
"Buck up"
"The Stare"
"20% Cooler"
"Evil Enchantress"
"Make it Sparkle"
"Discord"

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:13 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17156
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: My Little Pony
hey guys, check this out

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:16 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3342
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: My Little Pony
Kyderra wrote:
Looks like I'll have to go get the new Borderlands + Gaige expension

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltre ... ancer.html

Talents:
"Potent as a Pony"
"Buck up"
"The Stare"
"20% Cooler"
"Evil Enchantress"
"Make it Sparkle"
"Discord"


Wow, they weren't even trying to be subtle with those. :lol:


Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:20 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2103
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: My Little Pony
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
hey guys, check this out



I have never been so amazed or so terrified by something in all my life.

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:02 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 231  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amazee Dayzee, ArcWolf and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.