MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

exranio

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by exranio »

"Fine" Locke mumbled, staring at the ground. He looked out the window where the rain continued to pour on."Then what are we gonna do all day? It's all rainy and stuff."
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"I dunno," Navy shrugged, "Find something to do that keeps you out of trouble. Besides: it'll be raining on the Shade estate anyway." She sighed and started heading out the door, "Anyway, me and Sunny are heading to her lab for some alchemy... We'll see you later..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite waved to the departing ponies, and then looked at those that remained at the table with him. "So...what do you want to do?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"I dunno," Navy shrugged, "Find something to do that keeps you out of trouble. Besides: it'll be raining on the Shade estate anyway." She sighed and started heading out the door, "Anyway, me and Sunny are heading to her lab for some alchemy... We'll see you later..."
Sunset was staring in Moon's direction, though see seemed to be staring off into space. The fact that Moon was there was only a coincidence. But at the mention of her name, She searched for the origin of the voice and smile, "Yeah, we'll see you all later!" She exclaimed, waving her hoof at the others, following Navy out the door.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite waved to the departing ponies, and then looked at those that remained at the table with him. "So...what do you want to do?"
"I actually have no idea what there is to do around here," Shin answerd, putting his hoof to his chin.
"Yeah, you ran off to get hurt before you could explore the town. And left me with all those boxes to unpack," Moon said.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite allowed a ghost of a smile to appear on his face at the playful bickering. It was a nice bit of normalcy after...quite a painful day and a half.

"Well then," said Penwrite, standing up from the table, "I have nothing else to do and nobody else I'd rather be around. How about I take you two on a tour of the town?"

===MEANWHILE===

Galaxy put down her blowtorch, removed her welding mask, and took a moment to admire her work. The metal boot, built to cover a foreleg from hoof to elbow, gleamed a faint gold beneath the ash and grime of its recent construction. Along its front there were six small sockets. "My lovely Penwrite thinks he can spoil my efforts by giving his gem to somepony else? Whatever. At least that fool thief's goals coincide with my own. If they can get that...thing, from Hateful, all the better."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite allowed a ghost of a smile to appear on his face at the playful bickering. It was a nice bit of normalcy after...quite a painful day and a half.

"Well then," said Penwrite, standing up from the table, "I have nothing else to do and nobody else I'd rather be around. How about I take you two on a tour of the town?"
"Sounds like fun," Shin said, making sure he had everything of his.
"Let's head out."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ctcmjh wrote:Sunset was staring in Moon's direction, though see seemed to be staring off into space. The fact that Moon was there was only a coincidence. But at the mention of her name, She searched for the origin of the voice and smile, "Yeah, we'll see you all later!" She exclaimed, waving her hoof at the others, following Navy out the door.
Navy stepped out onto the street, pulling on her raincoat, and started headed towards Sunset's house. "So, what was this potion you needed help on...?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke flapped over to Shin's with an adventurous look in his eye. "I'm in for a tour, I just got here yesterday. Goota know your environment and all that, right. Hehehe." he rubbed a hoof against the bakc of his head. "Especially if theres any place that sells mountain climbing gear. That stuff is pretty useful.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite put his raincoat back on, seeing as it was still raining outside, and then went to the counter to pay for all their meals. After that he went to the front door to wait for the rest in his group. "Yes, thief, there is a store for mountain-climbing gear, as well as other camping equipment." He shot the other stallion a too-sweet smile. "I'm surprised you'd be interested in it though, seeing as you're a pegasus."
exranio

Post by exranio »

"With some good creativity that stuff is useful no matter who you are or what you do. Also it helps when your partners don't fly." He said with a wide grin, not realizing the potential offensiveness of his statement. Not that he would normally care.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin was distracted with worrying about the rain. He didn't have a rain coat with him and his bandages would probably get wet.
"hope these saddlebags keep my bandages dry," he said quietly to himself.
"Well let's get going," moon said to the rest of the group.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

As Penwrite led the small group out of the restaurant and down the street, he noticed for the first time Shin's lack of a raincoat. Without thinking he closed his eyes and concentrated on forming an umbrella of magic for his friend. Nothing happened. 'Oh yeah... that's right,' he thought to himself, reaching a hoof up to the stub that remained of his horn. Habit had made a fool of him. He figured it would be doing that for a while.

"So anyways," Penwrite said, trying to pass reaching up to his stub as scratching an itch. "This street we're trotting down is near to Main Street of Grand Castilia, and one of the oldest areas aside from the fancy mansions like... Shade Manor. No photographs, please."
exranio

Post by exranio »

"If I had a camera I think I'd take a picture just to make you angry, but I don't. So I'll settle for this" Locke stuck his tougue out as he mimiced taking a picture with his hooves. "Click, develop." He snickered floating just above Pen.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite did his very best not to grin and chuckle right along with the floating pegasus. He didn't succeed, but he tried. "I'll be sure to show you where the camera shop is then."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"How old is it, exactly?" Shin asked. He hadn't read any history about GC before moving, so he had no idea how long the town had been there.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite kept walking. "Well Shin, that's a very good question. I'll answer it as soon as I know the answer. I'm kidding, the place is as old as Canterlot. Yep, we've got a lot to be proud of here in Grand Castilia."
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke nodded "Such as the local ancient mage guy and his house of horrors. Now if you look to the right you will see the castle of doom, and to the left the temple of the undead world ending warrior." Locke said with jerkish smirk.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite nodded as if in agreement. "And floating above us you'll see the pegasus I'll beat up if he doesn't keep quiet. It's rumored his brain is the size of a squirrel's, which I find insulting to squirrels."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin and Moondancer were chuckling a bit at Pen and Locke's interaction.

"you two would make a great comedy team."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke took a short bow,"I'm the better half, anyway lets get on with this tour. This street is boring, I wanna see the cool stuff."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Oh, you want cool stuff, eh? Okay then, follow me!"

Down to the end of the street, two blocks to the left, and then another block forward, all accompanied by commentary from Penwrite, and the small group found itself in front of a tall brick building, strange purple smoke rising from a chimney into the cloudy sky. Above them the rain began to slow, as Penwrite led them closer to the building.

"Here's the shop for the legendary unicorn Iron Works. Nobody in all of Equestria is as accomplished as him at forging magic into metal and gems. I've gotten a few things from him in my time." The once-unicorn glanced up at the rising smoke and nodded. "Looks like he's in. Anypony care for a visit?"

[I'm sorry, it was the only thing I could think of. We need more players for this...]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( i must do something. ))

Ahead of them, a pony completely covered by a thick black cloak slid out of an alley, glancing about before scurrying down the road and into the shop, sliding through the door and shutting it behind him. It looked like he was carrying a bulky load in a bag slung over his back....

==== Earlier... ====
Hateful Shade scowled up at the sun through a heavily tinted and magically shielded skylight. The accursed orb hung high in the sky, burning the world below it with self-righteous rays of garrish light. Celestia, the ruling stable-mare, had tacky decor.

He had no idea what had happened to the pony he'd met the night before, as he'd disappeared from the grounds before Hate had woken up. Hate had found and contacted the guards from the night before, apologizing for the rude behavior of the nathrezim and informing them of the current situation. For the most part, they'd reluctantly agreed to keep doing what they'd been doing without telling the town about his return just yet, though he didn't feel like they would accept the idea of returning to their ancestral roles under him. Apparently Celestia's loyalists had spun quite a few tales about him and the rebellion in his absence...

No matter, he would simply do without servants for now. Perhaps he'd find another way to make the manor feel less empty. For now, he'd have to do his own chores, and he had an idea of where to start. He went to find a thick, black cloak to prevent Celestia's sun from touching his body....
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:"Here's the shop for the legendary unicorn Iron Works. Nobody in all of Equestria is as accomplished as him at forging magic into metal and gems. I've gotten a few things from him in my time." The once-unicorn glanced up at the rising smoke and nodded. "Looks like he's in. Anypony care for a visit?"
"Sure, sounds fun," Shin said. He noticed the rain letting up, which was great cause his mane had gotten pretty wet at this point.

Moon was just glad her highlights were waterproof.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Ah black smith eh? I wonder if he could make my knife sharper. It hardly did anything to that mosnter." Locke thought about it for a second realising he yet again, he was a poverty pony. "Or it will just be cool to look at weapons I guess.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"believe me. it's sharp enough already," Shin said with a smile and a slight chuckle. "unless of course my wing dulled it."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Not liking the direction the conversation seemed to be going, Penwrite quickly led the small group into the blacksmith's shop.

Inside the place, the rainwater on their bodies soon enough turned to steam from the dry heat filling the place. The room they found themselves in was large, three stories tall, with weapons and shields covering nearly every inch of the red clay walls. In each corner of the room stood a suit of metal armor, so heavy and expertly crafted that every inch of any pony that wore it would be hidden. Two long benches laden with various tools ran the length of the room. Across the room from the front entrance there was another doorway, sans door, and it was from here the heat and the sound of metal hammering on metal came from.

"Have fun and browse," said Penwrite, trotting over to that other doorway. "I'll be right back. Also Locke, no stealing."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Not liking the direction the conversation seemed to be going, Penwrite quickly led the small group into the blacksmith's shop.

Inside the place, the rainwater on their bodies soon enough turned to steam from the dry heat filling the place. The room they found themselves in was large, three stories tall, with weapons and shields covering nearly every inch of the red clay walls. In each corner of the room stood a suit of metal armor, so heavy and expertly crafted that every inch of any pony that wore it would be hidden. Two long benches laden with various tools ran the length of the room. Across the room from the front entrance there was another doorway, sans door, and it was from here the heat and the sound of metal hammering on metal came from.

"Have fun and browse," said Penwrite, trotting over to that other doorway. "I'll be right back. Also Locke, no stealing."
Beyond the threshold, the familiar voice of the blacksmith could be heard as he spoke with a customer who happened to have a familiar voice of his own...
"I... don't know, I've never seen anything like this outside of old books... It's clearly masterwork, but the steel on it is of such a crude variety that hasn't been used in serious weaponry for centuries. And silver? That's a very uncommon decoration for such a piece..."
"'Tis an old family heirloom, preserved through the ages. I would guess that the steel used in its making was relatively new technology at the time, long before the metallurgy of today was discovered..."
"I.... don't feel comfortable working with something so old and... quite frankly, this belongs in a museum..." he paused, glancing up at his strange customer, "Perhaps I could make you a new outfit instead? Make it similar to this one but with modern metals?"
The customer thought for a moment, "Hmm... I suppose with the enchantments reapplied, it would be a much more solid piece of armor... Though this one has served me- er... my family quite well through a few battles, taking quite a few hits for is wearers..." He made up his mind and clopped a hoof on the ground, "Right then, how much would it cost to have this remade anew?"
The blacksmith walked over to a corner, scratching some numbers down on a piece of paper, then holding it up for his customer, "Materials and workmanship for a new set of armor like that, ready for your own personal enchantments. This look ok?"
The customer thought for a moment, clearly a bit surprised at the price, "I... Suppose I could... Find the money for that... Yes... Yes! A new set of armor for me, I'm wiling to pay for that!" he clapped a hoof over the blacksmith's shoulder and heartily shook him by the forearm with a sharp-toothed grin, causing the blacksmith to cringe with a bit of confusion at the disheveled unicorn's overly-friendly demeanor despite his somewhat unnerving appearance. He went with it though...

(( Feel free to redo whatever about this character Penwrite: I don't know what you were planning for him. If you want you can rewrite the dialogue in a quote... ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin walked up to the blacksmith and the other customer. "Excuse me, I was wondering if you had any Eastern weaponry for sale here. I can't exactly afford anything right now, but I'd like to look."
Then he glanced over at the other customer, and was greeted by an unfortunately familiar face. "Oh... Didn't think you'd be coming out in broad daylight."
of course, he couldn't let on who he was. even in a world with magic, ponies thought long dead walking around doesn't seem exactly sane.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite, for his part, had fainted the moment he'd walked through the doorway into the smithee and caught sight of Hateful Shade.

[No, I didn't really have anything planned for the blacksmith. Let's all consider him an NPC, eh?]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Shin walked up to the blacksmith and the other customer. "Excuse me, I was wondering if you had any Eastern weaponry for sale here. I can't exactly afford anything right now, but I'd like to look."
Then he glanced over at the other customer, and was greeted by an unfortunately familiar face. "Oh... Didn't think you'd be coming out in broad daylight."
of course, he couldn't let on who he was. even in a world with magic, ponies thought long dead walking around doesn't seem exactly sane.
"I didn't think you would be either, after breaking into my house last night." Hate said coldly with narrowed eyes. A dark aura surrounded the ancient armor he'd been showing the blacksmith, and it was quickly shoved back into the bag, which shut itself and slid to his side. "So," he continued coldly, "Where is the librarian then? Of plotting more of her schemes?"
The blacksmith blinked, glancing back and fourth at the group in his shop, unsure of what was going on now. His blackened beard swayed back and fourth beneath his chin as his head wheeled...
exranio

Post by exranio »

THUMP. Locke's ears pricked at the sound of something hitting the floor. He flapped down near Penwrite, keeping just above the ground. He prodded him a bit "Hey, dude, whatchya down for? Get up," He turned to Moondancer, "Hey, uh girly, I forgot your name. Pen is seems pretty out and I don't think he has anything on him. We wanna do anything about this? I think kicking him might work."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote: "I didn't think you would be either, after breaking into my house last night." Hate said coldly with narrowed eyes. A dark aura surrounded the ancient armor he'd been showing the blacksmith, and it was quickly shoved back into the bag, which shut itself and slid to his side. "So," he continued coldly, "Where is the librarian then? Of plotting more of her schemes?"
The blacksmith blinked, glancing back and fourth at the group in his shop, unsure of what was going on now. His blackened beard swayed back and fourth beneath his chin as his head wheeled...
"Can't say for sure. I suggested we learn more about you before we do anything too hasty. I don't know about the others, but I'm willing to risk hearing it straight from the pony's mouth."

"If you're still wondering, the stuff you were looking for is near the back," The blacksmith said in response to Shin's query.
"Thanks."
exranio wrote:THUMP. Locke's ears pricked at the sound of something hitting the floor. He flapped down near Penwrite, keeping just above the ground. He prodded him a bit "Hey, dude, whatchya down for? Get up," He turned to Moondancer, "Hey, uh girly, I forgot your name. Pen is seems pretty out and I don't think he has anything on him. We wanna do anything about this? I think kicking him might work."
Moon trotted up next to Pen and poked him a few times with her hoof.
"It's Moondancer," she said before turning her attention to the blacksmith. "Hey, blacksmith. you have a customer down over here. Do you have anything that can help?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite mumbled in his fear-induced unconsciousness.

"Noooo, not my other horn... I need that..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate looked down at Penwrite with mild annoyance, "He's fine, simply fainted from fear, like a young colt who's mother has been rended in front of him by the savage claws of a griffon." he shook it off, "It is inspiring to see that an adult would be so easily frightened, actually. It tells me that you have not seen the horrors of invading armies in quite some time." He shrugged and stated callously, "I hope Celestia enjoys the world that those with backbone built for her." He leaned down and inspected the stump on Penwrite's forehead, "Hmm... looks like he cut his horn quite deeply... He should have this looked at, it could be quite..." he lowered his voice, remembering something that had happened over a thousand years ago, "quite unfortunate."

Behind him, the blacksmith, quite confused by the aristocrat's words, shifted nervously, wondering if he should reconsider making a suit of armor for him...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hate looked down at Penwrite with mild annoyance, "He's fine, simply fainted from fear, like a young colt who's mother has been rended in front of him by the savage claws of a griffon." he shook it off, "It is inspiring to see that an adult would be so easily frightened, actually. It tells me that you have not seen the horrors of invading armies in quite some time." He shrugged and stated callously, "I hope Celestia enjoys the world that those with backbone built for her." He leaned down and inspected the stump on Penwrite's forehead, "Hmm... looks like he cut his horn quite deeply... He should have this looked at, it could be quite..." he lowered his voice, remembering something that had happened over a thousand years ago, "quite unfortunate."
"The horn thing is at least half your fault," Shin said as he wandered over to the Eastern weaponry. Then he found a few needles in the bunch. "Hey Moon. You know acupuncture, right?"
"A little, why?" She said, turning towards her brother.
"You think a good poke would wake Pen up?" He said with a smile, holding an acupuncture needle in his hoof. "And these aren't weapons, by the way," He said turning to the blacksmith. "unless these are poisoned, which you'll need to tell me now."
"they aren't but..."
"Good. Moon," he said, trotting over with the needle, "Do your thing. Heh. This always works when I've had too much sake."
Moon took the needle and looked at Pen for a little while. eventually, she jabbed him in the flank with the needle.
(OOC: she doesn't really know much acupuncture, she just says she does.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

The next moment all the ponies remaining in the building got to enjoy some fresh sunlight through the Penwrite-shaped hole in the ceiling. The blacksmith sighed and turned to his forge, figuring getting to work on that armor would be the best thing to do at the moment. "Darn comedic relief, always making holes in things..."

This was punctuated by a silly scream as Penwrite fell back through the hole and landed, shaky, on his four hooves. "That st-stung!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Heh, don't I know it," Shin said. "And don't worry about him," he indicated to Hate. "He'd be stupid to try anything in such a public place."
"Who is he, anyway?" Moon asked.
"He's the pony we all met last night," Shin said calmly.
Moon then looked at Pen's former horn and Shin's former wing and simply said, "oh."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:The next moment all the ponies remaining in the building got to enjoy some fresh sunlight through the Penwrite-shaped hole in the ceiling.
Hate stepped back with a little hissing noise, throwing his cloak's long dark hood back on to avoid the sunlight.

He looked over at Shin, narrowing his eyes under the shadow of the hood, "I could say the same thing about you, and especially that librarian. Or is housebreaking your idea of normal conduct?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Well....." Locke said with the most self aware grin. "It is fun conduct. Nice house you got. With it's crazy moving walls, it's doors that eat people, living books, crazy murderous tentacle monster. Cool place. You should charge admission, ponies will line up for that" He snickered at his own stupid joke, before his face become suddenly flat. "But seriously, why are you here?" Wait a second, we're surrounded by weapons. He's a unicorn..... We're screwed.