Christmas 2012

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Christmas 2012

Post by JeffCvt »

So, my local walmart already has christmas stuff out.

What are you all planning to do this holiday season? I'm not quite sure yet myself.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Christmas 2012

Post by Sleet »

It's September! T_T

I don't know what my family will do. My dad is still not part of us so I don't know what we'll do...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I will most likely be working again on Christmas, doing the Black Friday Sales after Thanksgiving, and scaring people by saying hello on Halloween.

Also sending out Christmas gifts to a few closer online friends. Always the one to make near strangers smile. :lol:

I love eating for Christmas. The food is great.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

I am hoping for a nice peaceful Christmas this year. I am trying to convince my family into going out for the Christmas dinner instead of making it ourselves, the worst part of Christmas dinner is washing the pots afterwards, which is something no one wants to do.

I am also particularly happy that I can buy real presents this year rather than the junk I bought for my family during the Christmas's before, there is nothing worse than presenting cheap gifts in exchange for thoughtful, and expensive, gifts on Christmas day.

Though, something I am most definitely not going to enjoy is my work's Christmas party. *shudders* I will have to think of a way out of that party...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

MilesKingford wrote:
Though, something I am most definitely not going to enjoy is my work's Christmas party. *shudders* I will have to think of a way out of that party...

Break a leg... no seriously, break a leg. That'll get you out of it.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

It's too early!
Christmas is just a small vacation for me. I don't do anything special.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Resident Evil 6 and the 3rd housepets book!

I can't think of anything else i need for gifts anymore, so i'm going to try to get my sister to draw some Maxwell/Grape art for christmas since she's a really good drawer compared to me =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Arjay

Post by Arjay »

heck, the entire winter i usually spend sleeping, and now i have high school!

high school= more sleeping time (only with my eyes open :D)

that is to say, i will sleep through the entire winter and next thing i know it will be September again!
Staying focused is a full time job at minimum wage.
McFly

Post by McFly »

It's still a bit early to say what I'm gonna do. We might go to someone's house like last year, but I don't know.
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

No snow = A family oriented day filled with seasons greetings and yuletide togetherness
Snow = FULL ANARCHY in the form of sledging, snowball fights and frostbite :)
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

This Christmas I am going to do one of 3 things.
1) Visit a ton of family all over the midwest.
2) Visit some old family friends down in Texas, or have them come visit.
3) Sit around the house watching Christmas Specials.
Most likely I will do all 3.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Luvindonesia

Post by Luvindonesia »

my college celebrate christmas too bad i don't celebrate christmas. maybe i go to those christmas party in my college or just hanging out with friends
we always have a choice in life so choose wisely and always believed in the choices you've made.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Onlythebassist wrote:Snow = FULL ANARCHY in the form of sledging, snowball fights and frostbite :)
I got the image in my head of you running around town, murdering snowmen with a sledgehammer.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYb3o8irBQM <--- What I think about this thread (contains swearing).
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Sleet wrote:
Onlythebassist wrote:Snow = FULL ANARCHY in the form of sledging, snowball fights and frostbite :)
I got the image in my head of you running around town, murdering snowmen with a sledgehammer.
It would be.awesome if thats what he's actually planning on doing. :mrgreen:
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

I'd rather get ready for Halloween before I prepare for Christmas, but that's just me. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ditto. Gotta give every big holiday a chance in the spotlight!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

That's why it shocked me to see Xmas stuff in September. The end of it, but still SEPTEMBER!!

They keep bringing it out earlier and earlier each year. There is even a year round Xmas shop within 20min of my house.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The earlier they put this stuff out, the more they can capitalize on the increased spending it brings.

I love the atmosphere of the Christmas season but c'mon, guys.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I have to say, Christmas has my favorite feeling out of any holiday. When I was younger, we would go all out on getting the house set up for the holiday. Since I've grown up, it makes me sad that we don't nearly as much into it as we used to. If I actually had the money to spend on it, I would set the entire house up myself when my parents weren't here as a surprise when they came home.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

With my mom a wreck and my dad missing we don't really do much for Christmas but I still like getting (most of) the family together, and seeing the decorations out in public.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I admit that Christmas should wait till after Thanksgiving, but even seeing stuff in stores makes me feel so happy.
Also it gives me an excuse to get all my shopping done months in advance.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:I have to say, Christmas has my favorite feeling out of any holiday. When I was younger, we would go all out on getting the house set up for the holiday. Since I've grown up, it makes me sad that we don't nearly as much into it as we used to.
Ditto, No more fancy Christmas tree, no more OMG where is Santa?? moment, no more Candy canes... etc . now that I grew up, all I do is go to church and have a Christmas Cake. :cry:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

We don't even get a real tree anymore. A fake tree is alright and a lot easier, but I love having a real one.

But we still put lights up outside and decorate the tree, I can say we at least still do some things.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Due to allergy reasons, we never could get a real tree. Fake trees are easier anyway.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

I hope we get to do this over the Christmas holidays, I'm gonna need a break after all this college stuff.
Poor lil' ZL600 has just been sitting around unused for over 18 months due to lack of time and snow.

http://youtu.be/0bOhp5SZtHQ
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Sleet wrote:Due to allergy reasons, we never could get a real tree. Fake trees are easier anyway.
They do tend not to feature in jingles and cause car crashes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEpXsgWF ... re=related
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

We use the same tree every year, b ut everyone loves getting up for the christmas gifts. And I love seeing the happy faces of everyone and my parents. <3

Won't b e like when i use to open up and get SNES games, but I like to try. I like to try replacing these charming gifts with Housepets art now and similar, unexpected gifts.

Post by 0404 »

I think we are not setting up the tree this year, :cry:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

texascat018 wrote:I think we are not setting up the tree this year, :cry:
Aww, why not? *hugs you*

At the very least remember that trees aren't what Christmas is really about. :3
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Decorate the house, set up a tree, the standard stuff. We don't really have the money to do anything super cool or special.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012

Post by 0404 »

Sleet wrote:
texascat018 wrote:I think we are not setting up the tree this year, :cry:
Aww, why not? *hugs you*

At the very least remember that trees aren't what Christmas is really about. :3
*leans on sleet hopelessly* as my brother and I grew up, the Christmas tree has become less of a big thing to my family.
church service will be all I'll be doing on chritmas, anyway I'm going to order some christmas cards for my friends.
edit typo
Last edited by 0404 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

texascat018 wrote:*leans on sleet hopelessly* as my brother and I grow up, the Christmas tree has become less of a big thing in my family.
church service will be all I'll be doing on chritmas, anyway I'm going to order some christmas cards for my friends.
It's ok not to put up a tree, but I would encourage it! I have fond memories of putting up trees and hanging old decorations up just for memory's sake =3
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well, my parents used to put up a tree, then we got to a point where all the gift giving takes place at other houses (my dad's family on Christmas Eve and my Mom's family on Christmas Day) so we started putting up a tiny one for decorating, but we eventually lost interest.

so now I get small, stocking-stuffer type gifts (sometimes in an actual stocking, sometimes a plastic bag) at home and our big gifts are given with other family members.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

We'll probably end up setting up a tree eventually unless my dad and sister are too lazy to clean up the living room. Our christmas is pretty boring (as far as christmas goes) we'll probably end up watching a christmas special or two on christmas eve, (my mom's a huge Rudolph fan so probably that) wake up exchange gifts ,go to my mom's parent's place and eat until we pass out on the couch.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well, Christmas eve will consist of a meal cooked by my dad's mom, gift exchange, and then me, my brother, and his girlfriend sitting around while my dad and his parents and possibly his brother sharing stories from childhood.
then Christmas will be a meal prepared by my mom's sister, gift exchange, and depending on which cousins are present if any, playing a board game until late at night. unless we don't bring two vehicles, in which case my dad will probably make us leave shortly after the gift exchange.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

My chanukkah consists of self pity brought onto myself from my mom who will be yelling at me for not having finished school yet.
Sent from my conifer.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

My sister is coming for Christmas this year. I am, erm, not looking forward to it. She always causes problems when she comes (this is not sibling drama; she is that one relative that turns a family holiday into a horrid fiasco). This will be the first time I've seen her in five years, and frankly it hasn't been long enough. I'll just stay out of my house as long as possible and grit my teeth for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Oh, also my sister is my mom's favorite child, so I'll get to have two weeks of ridicule and put-downs as basically the red-headed stepchild around my mom and sister, while my sister's biggest accomplishment was dropping out of school and having an attitude that makes it impossible to keep a job or any friends. My mom practically worships the ground my sister walks on and will enjoy the two weeks of having her idea of the perfect daughter back home, no matter how much damage said "perfect" daughter causes to the entire family when she visits. Since her husband (how she got one, I don't know) will be there, my dad will probably join the "Call Caitlin all kinds of nasty names with all seriousness and then scream at her that she can't take a joke when she gets upset" bandwagon too (because my feelings don't matter in my family), even though he hates his stepdaughter as well. I'm somehow always the verbal punching bag of my family.

There goes my stress-free winter break. Maybe I just won't even be home for Christmas if it gets bad enough. I don't have to waste my time fighting overgrown bullies who are just looking for a reaction from me. I can just get in my car and leave. -_- Christmas still isn't enough of an excuse to deal with verbal abuse.

~~~~

In other news, I'm getting some new sweaters and stuff from Bath & Body Works for Christmas.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
valerio

Post by valerio »

spend it with family in a gloomy atmosphere of economical distress.
I should consider migrating to Argentine
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Jeez Beagle, I'd invite you to my house if you needed a place to stay over christmas break and I knew you in real life, but I don't even think you could afford to drive where I am. No one should have a christmas like that.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit