HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Pet Friendly: Blue Peak Shore

Post by Seth »

Adrian grabbed the stool and put it in front of the worktop. "Alright I suppose it can't hurt to give it a shot." he hopped onto the stool and looked at Baxter for direction.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Alright, let's start with bread. You must know that one of the most most common breads of Tricana is the rockbread. Humans call it bonebread, sometimes, but it's not a term we really encourage. Anyway, it's the bread of us Lycaons and Wolves. It's easy to do, since the trick is to douse the ingredients and cook it until it becomes hard like a bone. Any dog worth its name will like to chew on bones, and our bread will give the pleasure of chewing and nourishing." Baxter took a bowl filled with flour, and a terracotta jug filled with water. "Now you get your paws dirty, shorty: you must mix flour and water until you get a smooth dough, small in size and so dense that you can cut it as if it was cooked bread already. Go for it."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Adrian went to work hesitantly at first but he started to get the hang of it as he went. He wasn't quite sure how long he should mix it so when it began to feel right he stopped. "Like that?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Don't stop!" Baxter snapped. "Keep on adding and mixing. You must do it until it starts to harden, but if you stop too long in the middle, you ruin the dough."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

"Alright.", Adrian continued to work on the dough, "So Baxter how'd you get so good at baking? Who taught you?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

valerio wrote: "Sorry for the joke before, Tacite," Bigby said. "Serpent humor, you know. So, would you like a ride?"
The ferret nodded happily and wrote, "Yes please!" Tacite smiled and held up the pad, she was no longer afraid of the snake, just the interaction part
valerio

Post by valerio »

"My parents taught me, then my mate's parents added their own knowledge as mine did with him. Traditions are never confined to a single family, or they will be lost with it. Now, let's see..." he poked the dough. he had to press to leave an impression in it. Baxter smiled. "Excellent! Now we put it here..." he bowed and tapped at a small trapdoor in the pavement -actually, one of the many trapdoors that littered the pavement.
Baxter opened the door, then took the dough. "These are the leavening boxes. One for each dough I do." he put the dough into the square opening then closed the door. "24 hours, then it will be ready to be properly cooked. You'll have to come back and see how it is done...speaking of which, do you like pizza?"
---
Virgil wagged. "Say, would you like to show how gutsy you are to your friends? Do you know anyone you'd like to impress?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:"My parents taught me, then my mate's parents added their own knowledge as mine did with him. Traditions are never confined to a single family, or they will be lost with it. Now, let's see..." he poked the dough. he had to press to leave an impression in it. Baxter smiled. "Excellent! Now we put it here..." he bowed and tapped at a small trapdoor in the pavement -actually, one of the many trapdoors that littered the pavement.
Well yeah. Who doesn't?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"just making sure. Now, look at what i do. One day it will be up to you, shorty." Baxter took a ball of white dough. he put it onto the floured top and started flattening it, his biceps showing the effort. "There are many, many ways to make a good pizza, just like with bread. But our typical dish is characterized by its thinness and a bonebread crust." Once he had flattened the ball into a near sheet-thin film, he rolled the edge into a thick side. "The dough too is made of bonebread dough so that it doesn't break or bend while eating. NO forks! Just your hands and slices, that's the way, leaving the edge for last to enjoy chewing.
"Now, of course there are several ways to dress a pizza, but if you're a Tricanian you'll eat it as it is. Look." he pointed at the minuscule greenish dots mixed with the dough. "See those? herbs that, with cooking, release a powerful aroma. a sprinkle of them into the dough and you have the perfect white pizza! Now..." he took a wooden peel and handed it to Adrian. "Let me see if you can put it here and from here to the oven there." he pointed at the burning mouth in the corner. He went to the oven and put another stool for the corgi.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:"night vision, cool! Even Prowler got night vision! Prowler's my special friend down here. She doesn't like people much but she likes when I come visit her."
After not long, in what was becoming pitch black darkness, two points of soft blue light came from above and rested on the explorers' shoulders.
Glowbats. Each big as a fist, they nested there, their wings retracted to form the characteristical lampbulb-like shape.
at this point, not much would take Levi by surprise. the bat on his shoulders was just another occurence. "So, is Prowler one of these or another cave dweller?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

In the dim light, reflected by the shiny walls, Reginald wagged. "Oh yes! He practically lives down here...well, actually I'm not sure if Prowler's a he or a she but he doesn't strike me as the girly type. Just watch his breath, it stinks, ew."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:In the dim light, reflected by the shiny walls, Reginald wagged. "Oh yes! He practically lives down here...well, actually I'm not sure if Prowler's a he or a she but he doesn't strike me as the girly type. Just watch his breath, it stinks, ew."
"So where down here isshhe?" Levi said, blending his words so as to leave an ambiguous pronoun.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, you want to meet him?!" Reginald yapped. before Levi could answer, the dog threw back his head in a high-pitched howl. "Done. He'll come soon. he likes my company, he's always all alone down here."
All around the duo, except for the dim reflections, the darkness was total. Anything could happen and no one would be the wiser...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Levi looked around, waiting to see what new creature he would meet this time. maybe a sabretooth tiger, he thought, only half joking.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

And the next time the cat turned around, he saw something that his mind couldn't simply process.
His experience with the real world couldn't possibly help him deal with something coming from the world of horror! he saw the enormous, bulbous obsidian discs that were in the place of the eyes. Saw the deformed snout, looking more like some bony shears. he saw the 6 ft tall body both scaly and furry and the impossibly long arms with three thick claws...
This thing couldn't belong to evolution: he was more like the result of the experiment of a god gone crazy.
"Hi, Prowler!" Reginald barked.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Levi fell to his butt upon seeing Prowler, then backed along the cave floor to the nearest wall.
his usual calm demeanor was completely gone. "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU!?" he yelled to the creature.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

the thing's dagger-teeth gnashed in that perpetual rictus that was its mouth.
It didn't answer, but cautiously sniffed the feline, its voice something between a hiss and a gurgle...
It was then that the glowbat on Levi's shoulder unfolded its wings and hissed at Prowler -and though it looked ridicolous that such a tiny creature could challenge such a monster, Prowler actually stepped back.
"Worry not, pal," the bat said. "We're poisonous to them. deadly poisonous. And Prowler likes living more than eating."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:"just making sure. Now, look at what i do. One day it will be up to you, shorty." Baxter took a ball of white dough. he put it onto the floured top and started flattening it, his biceps showing the effort. "There are many, many ways to make a good pizza, just like with bread. But our typical dish is characterized by its thinness and a bonebread crust." Once he had flattened the ball into a near sheet-thin film, he rolled the edge into a thick side. "The dough too is made of bonebread dough so that it doesn't break or bend while eating. NO forks! Just your hands and slices, that's the way, leaving the edge for last to enjoy chewing.
"Now, of course there are several ways to dress a pizza, but if you're a Tricanian you'll eat it as it is. Look." he pointed at the minuscule greenish dots mixed with the dough. "See those? herbs that, with cooking, release a powerful aroma. a sprinkle of them into the dough and you have the perfect white pizza! Now..." he took a wooden peel and handed it to Adrian. "Let me see if you can put it here and from here to the oven there." he pointed at the burning mouth in the corner. He went to the oven and put another stool for the corgi.
Despite almost dropping the pizza when getting up on the stool Adrian got it into the oven. " I think I may be a bit too clumsy to trust with that."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Next time I will tell you what those two so-called lifemates of yours did when they started working with pizza. Now put it in the oven."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:the thing's dagger-teeth gnashed in that perpetual rictus that was its mouth.
It didn't answer, but cautiously sniffed the feline, its voice something between a hiss and a gurgle...
It was then that the glowbat on Levi's shoulder unfolded its wings and hissed at Prowler -and though it looked ridicolous that such a tiny creature could challenge such a monster, Prowler actually stepped back.
"Worry not, pal," the bat said. "We're poisonous to them. deadly poisonous. And Prowler likes living more than eating."
Logic like that doesn't work on someone when they're facing something of which every aspect screams "you're going to die," so Levi was still freaking out. "That didn't answer my question, WHAT THE **** IS HE!? HE LOOKS LIKE A LOVECRAFTIAN HORROR!"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"No one really knows," the bat answered. "Everyone call them 'Lurkers', and *they* are the reason the humans avoid the Jules Verne caves, as they call them. Whatever spawned them remains unknown.
"This specimen is a young one. An adult is almost triple in size. And a *lot* meaner. This one, for some reason, remained isolated from its colony and its hive instincts made it bond with Reginald. In other words, this one is not a killer."
As if to underscore those words, 'Prowler' sniffed again at Levi, then rubbed the back of its...hand or whatever you'd call it against the cat's cheek.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Levi shuddered as the thin touched his fur, but he took a deep breath and calmed down a little. "so he's like... a domesticated lurker?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"In a way. It's more like...programmed to consider Reginald as part of its swarm. There is no love, no emotional attachment. Reginald is...'kill not', and so is every mammal with him because they are considered part of Reginald's swarm. If you were a reptile, you would be considered prey."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:"Next time I will tell you what those two so-called lifemates of yours did when they started working with pizza. Now put it in the oven."
Adrian grinned, "Oh I can't wait to hear that one." He walked over to the oven and slipped the pizza in. "How long does it bake for?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Ten minutes if you want it extra-crunchy. You get the honor of the first slice. So...are you really ready to move into this new life of yours?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Definitely. I'm ready to wash my hands of the mainland right now.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Baxter nodded. He rekindled the hot embers inside the oven, then turned around the pizza. "Every two minute, you must turn the pizza, whatever its ingredients, to make sure it's properly cooked. Are you sure you won't hesitate once your owners will tell you to go back to them?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"In a way. It's more like...programmed to consider Reginald as part of its swarm. There is no love, no emotional attachment. Reginald is...'kill not', and so is every mammal with him because they are considered part of Reginald's swarm. If you were a reptile, you would be considered prey."
"good to know my fur is saving my fur," he said, slowly standing up. "so, does he talk? the silent thing kinda... hold on," he turned to his right and coughed up a hairball, "sorry. Anyway, the silent thing's making him seem creepy... er."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:Baxter nodded. He rekindled the hot embers inside the oven, then turned around the pizza. "Every two minute, you must turn the pizza, whatever its ingredients, to make sure it's properly cooked. Are you sure you won't hesitate once your owners will tell you to go back to them?"
Yes. Maybe it's just because it was relatively recent but I am still mad at them. I can't go back to them after they shipped me off like some kind of delinquent pup. I don't think things could ever go back to normal with them and I can't afford to compete independently, the travel costs alone would be too much. There's nothing to go back to, those bridges are burned.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

valerio wrote:"
Virgil wagged. "Say, would you like to show how gutsy you are to your friends? Do you know anyone you'd like to impress?"
"Well, you two are the only friends that u e made so far, so I guess the answer is everyone. I want to impress everyone." Tacitē wrote with a grin
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"good to know my fur is saving my fur," he said, slowly standing up. "so, does he talk? the silent thing kinda... hold on," he turned to his right and coughed up a hairball, "sorry. Anyway, the silent thing's making him seem creepy... er."
The thing gurgled/hissed again, though more softly now.
"They don't communicate through language. They act as a group of insects. So you two must only do what you want and 'Prowler' will blindly follow. Monster see monster do."
---
Seth wrote:Yes. Maybe it's just because it was relatively recent but I am still mad at them. I can't go back to them after they shipped me off like some kind of delinquent pup. I don't think things could ever go back to normal with them and I can't afford to compete independently, the travel costs alone would be too much. There's nothing to go back to, those bridges are burned.
Baxter nodded. "Heh, it will be interesting to see their reaction, then. And fun: looks like they deserved what's coming. And Mr. Spencers loves to unleash his lawyers in cases like this." He patted Adrian's back. "I'm sure you'll do fine, tamer."
---
Esper wrote:"Well, you two are the only friends that u e made so far, so I guess the answer is everyone. I want to impress everyone." Tacitē wrote with a grin
"In this case. Bigby, will you?"
The serpent opened his mouth, revealing two pairs of immense fangs and a row of smaller teeth -if 'small' could be considered dagger-size.
Virgil gave the example and...walked *into* that maw. Then he turned and offered his paw to Tacite. "Let's go impress someone."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:
Seth wrote:Yes. Maybe it's just because it was relatively recent but I am still mad at them. I can't go back to them after they shipped me off like some kind of delinquent pup. I don't think things could ever go back to normal with them and I can't afford to compete independently, the travel costs alone would be too much. There's nothing to go back to, those bridges are burned.
Baxter nodded. "Heh, it will be interesting to see their reaction, then. And fun: looks like they deserved what's coming. And Mr. Spencers loves to unleash his lawyers in cases like this." He patted Adrian's back. "I'm sure you'll do fine, tamer."
Adrian's ears drooped a little, "Well to be perfectly honest I have my doubts that they'll even try to get me to come back. Especially in light of what's gone on the last couple days. Like I said I have nothing left there.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The thing gurgled/hissed again, though more softly now.
"They don't communicate through language. They act as a group of insects. So you two must only do what you want and 'Prowler' will blindly follow. Monster see monster do."
"alright then," Levi said, side-stepping around Prowler to get closer to Reg. "What now?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Baxter pulled out the pizza, sniffed at it then nodded, satisfied. "Just remember: from now on you have us and Spencers protecting you. no matter what your ex-owners will say or try to do, they will discover soon they are powerless here."
---
"We play, of course!" reginald growled at the thing. Prowler answered by growling, too...only, its voice was closer to the voice of nightmares.
Reginald went an all fours, then started barking and feigning to jump against the Lurker.
Prowler answered with a roar powerful like a gust of wind and thunder!
"It's fun! Now you go behind him and do the same!" the young GSD said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"We play, of course!" reginald growled at the thing. Prowler answered by growling, too...only, its voice was closer to the voice of nightmares.
Reginald went an all fours, then started barking and feigning to jump against the Lurker.
Prowler answered with a roar powerful like a gust of wind and thunder!
"It's fun! Now you go behind him and do the same!" the young GSD said.
Levi's fur stood on end when he heard Prowler's growl. "well, I can't bark but I guess I can try."
he moved behind the creature and, after taking a deep breath, began to hiss and yowl while copying Reginald's movements.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Prowler just stood there, examining the new figure. As usual, its face was totally unreadable -that is, except looking threatening. When it thought it had the knack, the Lurker jumped toward Levi!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:Baxter pulled out the pizza, sniffed at it then nodded, satisfied. "Just remember: from now on you have us and Spencers protecting you. no matter what your ex-owners will say or try to do, they will discover soon they are powerless here."
Well thanks, that's good to know. If it does come down to that I'll be sure to make use of it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Prowler just stood there, examining the new figure. As usual, its face was totally unreadable -that is, except looking threatening. When it thought it had the knack, the Lurker jumped toward Levi!
no this was something Levi could handle, though it was still a little disconcerting. When Prowler jumped toward him, he side stepped as if dodging an actual attack. Mainly because, despite the reassurances of the glowbats, his subconscious still saw it as such.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Prowler fell clumsily against the crystal wall, cracking it. It hissed, in a grotesque parody of Levi's sounds and jumped again.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

This time, Levi did a roll underneath Prowler's jump, so he was now behind Prowler. He stood back up and turned around to face the creature again. "Olé!" He said as he made a mock bullfighting stance.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets