Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

DarkHeartsAndSuch

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Ok then, I vote yes for a new slot in RA.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I agree with that, Argent!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Voting for new slots, of course, would take place in the proper OOC for the neighborhood.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Sounds like a great idea, I'm for it.
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

For the new neighborhood's name, I personally like Missingo's suggestion, Brookshire.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

OOHHH! "Brookshire Meadows"

Combines both, sounds awesome!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Buckdida wrote:OOHHH! "Brookshire Meadows"

Combines both, sounds awesome!
This!
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Someone PLEASE make that as a neighborhood!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Well, here's my RG character
Name - Shadé Tree (pronouced as "Shady")

Spieces - Cat - American Shorthair

Age - 21 (6 in human years)

Neighborhood - Radient Gardens

Appearance - Shadé has black fur on most of his body, with the exception of the area from his chin down to his stomach, which is grey. The tips of his ears, nose, fingers and toes, however, are a bright orange. His tail is no definate color, as it changes depending on his mood. He has a green collar with a tree trunk as the tag. He wears a brown strap over his shoulder which he uses to carry his two-wheeled skateboard whenever he's not riding it.

Personality - Normally happy and jumping around, Shadé has a carefree spirt. However, despite his name, Shadé is scared of the dark and prefers to be in the sunshine. Quick to make friends, he often does something stupid to lose them, only to get them back five minutes later.

Other Notes-
-Was originaly raised by a Spanish family, so he has a slight Spanish accent.
-He can also speak semi-fluent Spanish
-The tail color/mood key is as follows: Orange-happiness,
Yellow-guilt, Green-curiosity, Blue-sadness, Purple-fear, Red-anger, Pink-amorous, Black-mischiviousness, Grey-neutral, White-angelic.
-He is quite athletic, and is able to expertly ride the two-wheeled skateboard.

SPECIAL

Strength - 7

Perception - 5

Endurance - 5

Charisma - 8

Intelligence - 4

Agility - 6

Luck - 7

Well, that took me too long.
Last edited by DarkHeartsAndSuch on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Is there still room in Radiant Gardens? If not I'll wait till the new Neighborhood is open. *Begins to write my pet's info*

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

According to Echo, there are four slots left. So there is room for you! :mrgreen:
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Double Edit: I'm Editing too much. D:

Name: Sasha Calify (Ca-Lee-fy)

Species: Finnish Spitz

Neighborhood: Radient Gardens

Appearence: She has 2 Collars, 1 With Pink and Black stripes (Used on Special Occasions)
and 1 With Pink Hearts on it with a Black Background (Used on a Daily Basis).

Personality: Including her Name, Sasha has a Sweet, Soft Voice.
She may have 'Dark' Sides that could go a bit over the edge that could probably put you in the Pet Hospital.
Besides that, Sasha is Trustworthy, Helpful, and Determined to pass Life's Daily Goals. At times, She will be Shy, and Quiet.

Other Note:
- Almost died when Young
- Is an Outgoing Dog

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength - 6
Perception - 6
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 7
Intelligence - 7
Agility - 5
Luck - 6
Last edited by Auzzo on Sun May 30, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Name: Seth Weston

Species: Cat

Neighborhood: Radiant Gardens

Gang: None

-Appearance-
Seth is a typical house cat, he is all white with splotches of black and grey covering his body. He has blue eyes and his face is entirely white except the black splotch on his right eye and left ear.(He now wears a black collar with an 'S' tag.)

-Personality-
Seth is very playful and usually gets along well with everyone he meets. He is shy at first but will quickly warm up to you. He is not usually a very outgoing cat

Other Notes:
-was a stray
-When he heard his owner talking to someone about sending him to a shelter he feared the worse and ran away.

SPECIAL
STR-4
PER-8
END-7
CHA-6
INT-4
AGI-7
Luk-6
Last edited by Neko on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Prefix this by saying that I think I took the last slot, as says my math. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.
Edit: VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID

Name: K-bar
Species: Cat (Abyssinian)
Neighborhood: Radiant Gardens (I hope!)

Gang: Founder, Leader of, and (so far) sole member of the Feline Pyromaniacs Association (FPA)

-Appearance-
If you were to remove the five hand grenades, four sticks of dynamite, det cord, time fuses, gasoline, matches, mini-flamethrower, and fireworks attached to an olive drab combat vest and matching collar from his person, K-bar would look normal. As it is, he is definitively NOT normal and constantly smells of singed whiskers, burnt hair, smoke, and cordite (explosive charges). Originally, his fur was brown. Years of exploding, igniting, and incinerating objects has turned said fur dark gray. A liberal dousing with warm soapy water is required to wash the ash out, and even then, his fur is STILL stained dark-brown. He also has a chunk of his ear missing, due to a child-hood incident.

-Personality-
Three things make K-bar happy: explosions, fire, and more explosions. He’s also completely insane: hyperactive, nearly bi-polar, and full of enough ideas to destroy things to make him a terrorist if he were human. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of bombs and such but is otherwise unremarkable in the intelligence department. He is also musically inclined with a decent baritone (he sings covers of Frank Sinatra) which he commonly employs when rigging bombs.

-Other Notes-
As a kitten, K-bar got lost in the desert at Andrews Air Force Base. Nobody really knows HOW he got there, only that he somehow survived getting shelled by an F-15’s 2,000 lbs bomb. He came out of the experience shell-shocked, unhinged, and thoroughly in awe of the power of a bomb. His obsession started from there. It’s worth noting that his owner is a mechanical engineer that is also obsessed with bombs and enables K-bar’s exploits, but instead directs his own energies toward the design of bombs for work instead of actually setting them off. K-bar’s favorite food are Nature Valley Granola Bars and his favorite non-explosive activity is sleeping.

-SPECIAL-

Strength: 7
Perception: 4
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 7
Luck: 8

VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Sun May 30, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Uhhhhhhh.... :shock:

Does he need to be a PYROMANIAC?!?!? :shock: I think that's exactly what we DON'T want....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Zander

Post by Zander »

ChewyChewy wrote:I think that's exactly what we DON'T want....
That is an understatement. We want normal, peace-loving pets. that care for one another and help their close freinds battle through the harshness of life. While simultaneously scrubbing away at their own misery and torment.

I think i made it tooooo dramatic...
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Ah, okay then. Maybe I could talk to the admins to set up a new neighborhood of craziness? Or d'ya think I should just edit my character (I personally enjoy explosions a little too much as well)?
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Sun May 30, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Ah, okay then. Maybe I could talk to the admins to set up a new neighborhood of craziness? Or d'ya think I should just edit my character (I personally enjoy explosions a little too much as well)?
I think that's too adult of a rating for the entire forum, to be honest.

If you can edit your character to being "pet friendly" (meaning kid friendly), it might be all right.
PF chars

--Phoenix

FunkyChickenFace

Ah, okay, thanks for the help! Noobs will be noobs, afterall...
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Ah, okay, thanks for the help! Noobs will be noobs, afterall...
Well, thank you for being understanding. :)
PF chars

--Phoenix

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

So, I'm thinking I'm gonna redo the map for RV. I'll follow the original layout, but the houses will be bigger, to accommodate names, and I'll add in buildings and such. If anyone from another neighborhood wants me to make a map for theirs, PM me with any special buildings that aren't character's houses, and landmarks. Also, I'm thinking that house ownership might need to be reset, for two reasons: 1. I don't remember who had what. 2. With the constant fluctuation of players, I think it would be beneficial to just reset it. If I'm given the ok from y'all, I'll give you the map, and you can claim what house you want. Does that work?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
FunkyChickenFace

Umm, can I reserve a house, since I'm in the midst of re-editing my profile to meet forum standards?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Umm, can I reserve a house, since I'm in the midst of re-editing my profile to meet forum standards?
Well, I've got to get approval from the RP mod first, and I'd imagine that it'd be fairer if the players who already have characters in the RP got first-pick. Of course, if you get a character and get involved before I finish, then, by all means.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
FunkyChickenFace

Teh Brawler wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:Umm, can I reserve a house, since I'm in the midst of re-editing my profile to meet forum standards?
Well, I've got to get approval from the RP mod first, and I'd imagine that it'd be fairer if the players who already have characters in the RP got first-pick. Of course, if you get a character and get involved before I finish, then, by all means.
Coolio, I guess I'll just accelerate the editing then!
FunkyChickenFace

Okay, so I edited it, but I may have gone to the other extreme.... dang. Whatevs, I'll post it and then edit as needed.
Edit: Last name changed.

Name: K-bar Coltelliano

Gang: None, really, but willing to help in any gang that requires assistance.

-Appearance-
Well, originally, K-bar’s fur was brown. Years of slightly traumatizing experiences with exploding and burning objects has turned said fur dark gray. A liberal dousing with warm soapy water is required to wash the ash out, and even then, his fur is STILL stained dark-brown. He also has a chunk of his ear missing, due to a child-hood incident.

-Personality-
K-bar’s a rather… off-kilter kitty. He’s been with various owners, notably with a Marine detachment in Iraq (somehow, he survived the experience) and a stint as Base Mascot at Andrews Air Force Base. The various military related experiences as well as explosive related incidents have permanently changed him, giving him a distaste for loud noises and nightmares of explosions and lava. However, he also happens to have received extensive abilities perception, running, and hiding skills as a side-effect and is easily a cat more prone to violence (a la Grape, not a la Kill Everything). Also is slightly anti-social and helpful when called upon. Note that he copes with the trauma by being hyperactive, but only in groups. Alone, he stares contemplatively at the wall or naps and is extremely quiet. Overall, he appears to be well-adjusted, considering his past mental trauma.

-Other Notes-
The mentioned child-hood incident is when, as a kitten, he was accidentally left at the test-site for a thermobaric bomb. Following the age-old-tradition of “hide if you have no idea what’s happening”, he was able to prevent incineration when the F-15 dropped its ordinance. The flying debris took a chunk out his ear when he was blown from his hiding place by the over-pressure. This event prompted his putting up for adoption and eventual transportation to Iraq, then Afghanistan, (over the course of three years). He’s only recently been adopted by a Vietnam veteran who could use the company and sympathy and the pair lead a relaxed life grilling hamburgers and napping, with the occasional smattering of neighborhood drama.

-SPECIAL-

Perception: 6
Intelligence: 5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I don't care what house he gets (though I'd like one on a corner), but I've got one "reserved' for Rikki there, right?
ChewyChewy wrote:Does he need to be a PYROMANIAC?!?!? :shock: I think that's exactly what we DON'T want....
I must protest! K-Bar the Pyro sounds like an AWESOME Character! He doesn't have to be constantly setting things on fire, only show an interest, which of course can add alot of interest to things. The timid one isn't as interesting.
Zander wrote:We want normal, peace-loving pets. that care for one another and help their close freinds battle through the harshness of life. While simultaneously scrubbing away at their own misery and torment.
Why do they have to be so emo? You make them sound so depressed... Shouldn't it be funny and entertaining too, like the comic?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I don't care what house he gets (though I'd like one on a corner), but I've got one "reserved' for Rikki there, right?
ChewyChewy wrote:Does he need to be a PYROMANIAC?!?!? :shock: I think that's exactly what we DON'T want....
I must protest! K-Bar the Pyro sounds like an AWESOME Character! He doesn't have to be constantly setting things on fire, only show an interest, which of course can add alot of interest to things. The timid one isn't as interesting.
Zander wrote:We want normal, peace-loving pets. that care for one another and help their close freinds battle through the harshness of life. While simultaneously scrubbing away at their own misery and torment.
Why do they have to be so emo? You make them sound so depressed... Shouldn't it be funny and entertaining too, like the comic?
The first draft of K-Bar was much to violent. I'm all for having the rp be as entertaining and funny as the comic, but there's nothing funny about half the neighborhood burning down. The second draft may be on the exact other end of the spectrum.

@Funnychickenface: You could keep the first character, but turn the pyromania into a constructive hobby, rather than a dangerous obsession.
FunkyChickenFace

muffins and cookies, why do I have the ability to inadvertently troll at every forum I visit?!
Also: why do I have the ability to go to opposite and unwarranted extremes every time I write?!

@ctmjh: thanks for the help. Back to editing, I go!!

Note: the personality and other notes sections are going to be LONG.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ctcmjh wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:I don't care what house he gets (though I'd like one on a corner), but I've got one "reserved' for Rikki there, right?
The first draft of K-Bar was much to violent. I'm all for having the rp be as entertaining and funny as the comic, but there's nothing funny about half the neighborhood burning down. The second draft may be on the exact other end of the spectrum.

@Funnychickenface: You could keep the first character, but turn the pyromania into a constructive hobby, rather than a dangerous obsession.
That, and the RP's rating is PG-13, meaning violence can't be too much.

Don't worry about it, FCF, it happens. We try to be forgiving as possible here. :)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:The first draft of K-Bar was much to violent. I'm all for having the rp be as entertaining and funny as the comic, but there's nothing funny about half the neighborhood burning down. The second draft may be on the exact other end of the spectrum.

What if he didn't actually start fires himself but liked explosions and stuff vicariously, like in video games, books, TV shows, movies, etc.?
PF chars

--Phoenix

thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Is there still room for this? I'm kinda new to this roleplaying thing and I'm kinda intersted too.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Zander

Post by Zander »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
I was joking. In one day we had Possession, Threatening, crying and a car crash. Radiant gardens is the craziest, but were trying to tone it down. :3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

thrasherblades wrote:Is there still room for this? I'm kinda new to this roleplaying thing and I'm kinda intersted too.
I THINK there is still room, and at any rate I think they're planning on creating a new neighborhood anyway.
PF chars

--Phoenix

FunkyChickenFace

There's definitely ONE more space in Radiant Gardens, the Crazy Neighborhood where Chaos and Magic Reigns, but in a low-key fashion.
FunkyChickenFace

THIRD DRAFT OMG.

Name: K-bar Coltelliano

Gang: Founder and (so far) sole member of the Radiant Garden Feline Pryomaniac Association (RGFPA)

-Appearance-
Well, originally, K-bar’s fur was brown. Years of slightly traumatizing but ultimately exhilarating experiences with exploding and burning objects has turned said fur dark gray. A liberal dousing with warm soapy water is required to wash the ash out, and even then, his fur is STILL stained dark-brown. He also has a chunk of his ear missing, due to a child-hood incident. He normally goes about in an olive-drab collar with a hand-grenade ornament thing. However, you can tell if he’s off on an exploding adventure if he’s wearing a vest with 4 hand grenades, 6 sticks of dynamite, fuses, blasting cord, and other assorted bomb-related gadgetry. He’ll also be sporting a mini-combat helmet.

-Personality-
K-bar’s a rather… off-kilter kitty. He’s been with various owners, notably with a Marine detachment in Iraq (somehow, he survived the experience) and a stint as Base Mascot at Andrews Air Force Base. The various military related experiences as well as explosive related incidents have permanently changed him, giving him an almost fetish like joy when witnessing or initiating explosions. He also happens to have received increased perception (but only when bombs are involved), running, and hiding skills as a side-effect and is cat more prone to violence (“The best solution to any problem is properly directed force to somebody’s face!”). Also, he is slightly anti-social but helpful when called upon. Note that he copes with the trauma by being hyperactive, but only in groups. Alone, he stares contemplatively at the wall or naps and is extremely quiet. It should also be noted that quiet K-bar means “Imaging new ways to blow up the sofa” K-bar.

-Other Notes-
The mentioned child-hood incident is when, as a kitten, he was accidentally left at the test-site for a thermobaric bomb. Following the age-old-tradition of “hide if you have no idea what’s happening”, he was able to prevent incineration when the F-15 dropped its ordinance. The flying debris took a chunk out his ear when he was blown from his hiding place by the over-pressure. This event prompted his putting up for adoption and eventual transportation to Iraq, then Afghanistan, (over the course of three years). He’s only recently been adopted by a Vietnam veteran who could use the company and sympathy and the pair lead a relaxed life grilling hamburgers and napping, with the occasional smattering of neighborhood drama. Also, said ‘Nam Vet dislikes explosions in general (“Gosh, darn-it K-bar. Could ya’ PLEASE STOP BLOWING UP THE SOFA?!” “But it’s funnnnnnnn~~!” “I don’t care, it costs too much to replace a sofa every other week!!”) since they have a habit of destroying his personal property along with them. Instead, he enables K-bar’s passion for such things in a nearby as-of-now empty lot or a nearby dry creek bed. The remains of 42 sofas are visible in said creek-bed.

Also, K-bar invites anybody who feels like it to join him at the Creek Bed when they see he’s off to blow something up.

Favorites list:

Favorite artist – Frank Sinatra
Favorite food – Nature Valley Granola Bars
Favorite activity – blowing up sofas (dur)
Motto: “There are two solutions to any problem. First, the immediate application of judicious force to somebody’s face. Second, the venting of all frustration toward said problem in the detonation of a sofa.”

-SPECIAL-

Perception: 6
Intelligence: 5
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

My own characters are not going to like this one at all. No sir.
PF chars

--Phoenix

FunkyChickenFace

Which part, the bombs or the hyperactivity? Did I mention he was hyperactive when in groups of other pets? DidI-didI-didI?! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~!!

....sorry, RP bleeding effect.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Which part, the bombs or the hyperactivity? Did I mention he was hyperactive when in groups of other pets? DidI-didI-didI?! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~!!

....sorry, RP bleeding effect.
The whole enchilada.
PF chars

--Phoenix

FunkyChickenFace

Meh, I'll figure out how to make it work somehow. Who are your characters again? I'll try and get K-bar to tone it down around them. No promises though....

Incidentally, does this mean I've officially moved into the neighborhood?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Meh, I'll figure out how to make it work somehow. Who are your characters again? I'll try and get K-bar to tone it down around them. No promises though....

Incidentally, does this mean I've officially moved into the neighborhood?
I personally would wait until you got the OK, considering the nature of your character, but other than that, yeah.

My characters are in my avatar: Honey and Vanilla Cake. Vanilla in particular is not going to want to associate with this guy at all--she's timid and has had a bad past. And while Honey tries to be friendly with as many as possible, she's also very protective of Vanilla.
PF chars

--Phoenix