Housepets!: A Most Devious Game

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Seanfsena

Housepets!: A Most Devious Game

Post by Seanfsena »

Please allow me to start by introducing myself. My name is Sean Sena, and I am new to the forum. I often write in my spare time and I thought I would give this a shot. I love the Housepets! story line and anything done by Rick Griffin.
Hope you all enjoy this.

Chapter one: “Obscured By Sand”

In the windswept desert of modern Egypt approximately 500 miles from Cairo a lonely archaeologist is seen.In his white canvas tent he reviews ancient texts to the whereabouts of certain tomb, one that has been lost to the sands of time.

He is a younger gentleman, no older than 20. Thin and tired, his hands are worn from using a geological hammer day in and day out. They are covered in cuts and bruises, dirt wedged into the cuticles of his fingers.

As he sits on his cot a small table is seen, covered by a large map with the pair of round spectacles resting on it.

“Why does none of this correlate?” He says to himself angrily. His voice is not so deep and is like that of a person who is not used to having power.

“It's here, I know it has to be here…” he thinks as he grabs his glasses.

He leaves the tent and enters the hot Egyptian Sun straight to the door of the tomb. It is covered with a plethora of ancient symbols each one meaning something.

One sentence amongst this wall of text stands out… “He who opens this passage shall be rewarded”. He tilts his head and thinks “what could be a reward?”

As he thinks this he notices one of the symbols is off. “Curious, why is it so askew?”

*Meanwhile in the tomb*

In the darkness of the tomb nothing is seen. But there is a presence, and it is speaking to itself in a gentle low voice.

“It has been three thousand years… three thousand long years of waiting to be free. This human will help me more then he knows, and I shall gain power again with his help and also a little revenge. Soon so very soon”
You are only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't loss it.
JeffCvt

Re: Housepets!: A Most Devious Game

Post by JeffCvt »

This looks like the start of a good fic that delves into the cosmic nerds game.

I can't wait to see what you have planned.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Seanfsena

Post by Seanfsena »

thank you, chapter two is in the works
Seanfsena

Post by Seanfsena »

Chapter two: The journal of Tesla Ethan Ackerson

Day 27, month 5

Dear journal:

“It has taken many months of scrutiny in this undertaking to finally find this tomb.

For in my countless nights without sleep I have realized something was strange about this place.

It seems to have searched for me instead of the other way around…

And although I have opened many a tomb before this one is just different.

Not the symbols or location but, it is almost whispers to me in a cryptic matter.

It has made me reflect upon my life.

It has shown me the sorry way that I live.

In constant fear.

And in this reflection also arises a deep philosophical though…

What is my purpose?

For I feel aimless.

And even though I have found success

But success does not mean happiness.

Perhaps I have finally gone mad,
Goodnight for now.

Sincerley. Tesla E Ackerson.

*The morning*

The morning starts like any other.

The sun appears as a red fiery orb as it scales the sandy horizon.

A fog from the damp air of last night is disapating as the temperature rises.

Tesla gets up, buts on his glasses that sit near the bed, and goes to the well to get his water.

He begins his small fire and patiently waits for his water to boil.

Tea is his only breakfast, just a cup of earl grey.

He slowly sips his cup as he walks to the entrance of the tomb

“aaahhhh, Good tea. Not too sweet” he says to himself while staring at the immense stone wall of the tomb.

“Hmmm, let me read this again closely because something is wrong” he remarked while removing his loop from his pocket( loop, A small magnifier used by geologists also known as a hand lens)

“Let me see, “He who opens this passage shall be rewarded””, he read.

“What a moment…the one symbol in passage is slanted, it would never be slanted! I wonder?”

And with that he grabbed the askew symbol and found it could be moved, so slowly he rotated it back into place.

As he did so the sound of a mechanism could be heard, click clack click click click click and some creeking

With that motion and creeking the door had opened at last. When it did a wind howled from it as it does in most tombs once opened.

“I’ve done it” he proclaimed and slowly he entered the tomb with his lantern on.

Deeper he went into the darkness until he could no longer see the door.

Something kept pulling him down further and further with that phrase resonating in his head.

“He who opens this passage shall be rewarded” he thought, and as he did he heard a voice in the darkness.

“Welcome Tesla, I have been expecting you for quite some time now” it said in a humble voice,

As he heard this Tesla dropped his lantern in surprise and it rolled towards the voice reveling the mysterious figure.

“Hello Tesla, I am Anubis”

*To be continued*
Seanfsena

Post by Seanfsena »

Chapter three: A sad reflection.

Upon hearing this Tesla was quite shocked, after all could it be possible.

But the only thing he could really do was think to himself about the magnitude of his current situation.

“How… How do you know my name?” He muttered in a rather scared tone of voice.

Anubis walked further into the light of the lantern, he was a midnight black jackal stood as a man would though his legs were digigrated as an animals would be.

He held a crocked cane in his hand simply looked at Tesla in a calm manner that was rather unnerving to him.

“Come come now Tesla I know everything about you. In fact I've been waiting for you for quite some time, carefully watching from afar” said Anubis.

With a stutter in his voice Tesla asked “Why me? And how much off me do you know?”

“Tesla have a seat allow me to explain” proclaimed Anubis.

So Tesla sat on the cold stone floor of the tomb just as he was told to do.

“I know everything about you, your full name is Tesla Ethan Ackerson your only 18
years of age”
“You have earned a doctorate in geology and have an extremely high IQ.”

“Though throughout your life have never found happiness… Your parents never treated you with much love, and no matter what you did to try to impress them or make them happy they simply did not care.”

“I see that they beat you often, and made you feel worthless in every aspect.”

Upon hearing this flood of memories came to Tesla of his childhood, how he was never allowed to have friends never allowed to truly live.The constant fear in which he lived.

He started to cry. “ What are you doing this? Why do you say these horrible things, even if they are true? Why?” Asked Tesla as he felt the crushing weight of 1000 broken memories coming upon him.

“I tell you this because you enter my tomb for that reward of which you seek, and I know exactly what it is.” Anubis explained.

Anubis slowly walked towards Tesla and spread his arms in a caring manner and embraced him.

“I know that you are Therian and that you have always wanted to be an animal but you also always wanted a true father.” Anubis continued to embrace him as though Tesla was his own son and whispered to him, “And so shall it be”

They both left the darkness of the tomb and entered the warm sun hand-in-hand.

“Now Tesla, you are sure this is what you want?” Anubis asked him.

Tesla simply looked at him and begged with misty eyes “ please”
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hmmm, interesting indeed. Is this in the Housepets! Universe yet or our own?

Might we give constructive criticism?

18, eh? That is quite young to explore so much of the world. I wonder how long he was actually in school earning that doctorate? :geek:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Seanfsena

Post by Seanfsena »

It is in the Housepets! Universe, and to be honest I based this off many points of my own life. I have been a professors assistant at Rutgers university for three years, I have traveled the world in search of geological treasures and I have found them. Two years until I earn my double major, two masters degrees. One in geology one in petroleum engineering. After that I move to Brasil to get my PHD.
Last edited by Seanfsena on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luvindonesia

Post by Luvindonesia »

Seanfsena wrote:It is in the Housepets! Universe, and to be honest I based this off many points of my own life. I have been a proffessors assistant at Rutgers university for three years, I have traveled the world in search of geological treasures and I have found them. Two years until I earn my double major, two masters degrees. One in geology one in petroleum engineering. After that I move to Brasil to get my PHD.
wait,you seriously did all that? or you just describing the character tesla in your fanfic? Im kinda confused :?
we always have a choice in life so choose wisely and always believed in the choices you've made.
Seanfsena

Post by Seanfsena »

Yes I did all those things. Also sorry I was gone for a while. I will get writing ASAP. If there are any major errors in my wording like double letters I am sorry, also if it takes a while for me to write I am sorry. But nerve damage is a terrible thing.

Chapter four: His masters voice.

Anubis simply enjoyed the sun after years of being locked away in a cold tomb

Tesla sat and contemplated his situation with the god near him, It was unreal what had happened to him. He had so many questions to ask Anubis that he did no really know where to start.

“How can you know and speak English?” Tesla asked almost under his breath..

Anubis looked over to his side, “Hmmm, Come on Tesla… I know you are not stupid, I am a god you know, Just because I live in Egypt does not mean I know no other language.” He said with a sly grin on his face.

“Alright than…I guess it was a pretty dumb thing to ask.” Tesla responded.

“Well, are you ready to leave your old life behind?” asked Anubis.

With a bit of a shocked stare he thought of what it will be like. “Will it hurt?” he questioned.

Anubis stood up and so did Tesla, “I guess that means you are ready. Put your hands together” Anubis instructed.
Tesla did so and waited for his next instruction. He still did not know weather or not it would hurt because his question went unanswered. He just braced himself if in case it did.

Anubis called out to him, “Now close your eyes and do not open them until I say you can. Understand?”
Tesla closed his eyes and simply nodded. He was ready no matter how much pain it could be.

Anubis held his staff and began to chant in what sounded like latin. “anima de animalis insidiae intus corpus homo muto corpus canis” upon saying this a light enveloped Tesla and suddenly a flash of blinding white shot to the heavens.

“You can open your eyes now Tesla” he heard Anubis say. And when he did open his eyes he felt no different. He thought nothing had changed, though he was most definitely shorter than before.

“Allow me to get you a mirror. For now just try getting used to walking on your paws.” Proclaimed Anubis as he began to walk towards the tomb.

“Okay I’ll try.” Tesla replied as he stared at his paws. He took a step forward and found he was a bit shaky and kept trying until he become used to walking that way. He still did not know what he looked like, all he could really is his paws and a bit of his belly. Suddenly Anubis came back with a mirror.

“Have a look” he said to Tesla as he held it ancient metal mirror in front of him. Teslas jaw fell as he saw himself. He had white paws, black perked ears, and his fur was a varied pattern. A mix of black, white, grey and gold. His tail was mostly black with a white tip, which waged with joy.

“I could see you are happy” Anubis said peeking his head out from behind the mirror at him. Causing Tesla to blush.

“Yes, so very happy… Thank you so much.” Tesla said as he looked at his own reflection. But something hit him, “I am an animal now… I can’t do human things anymore”
He walked towards Anubis and asked him with a somber tone, “Am I your pet?”

Anubis knelled down to Tesla and put his hand on Tesla’s shoulder and began to explain, “In a way yes… you are my pet now. But I will treat you with respect and as a son or companion instead. That is if you so choose to come with me. If not I can take you somewhere and some human will hopefully adopt you”

There was a long pause until Tesla replied, “Okay master I will come with you”
Anubis looked and him and said, “Please call me father…Son”

Anubis cleared his throat and stood up, “You are going to need a collar so give me your loop”
Tesla gave the loop to Anubis who disassembled it and then did something as he held it clenched in his hand, when he had opened his hand again lay a beautiful tag, It had a hammer and pick crossed that were engraved with his name and the lens of the loop attached at the bottom. The collar itself was brown leather with a brass buckle and a deep black Therian symbol burnt into the side.

“How is that?” asked Anubis as he gently handed the collar to Tesla.

“It’s amazing” he said with his eyes wide with awe holding it in his paws.

“Now you won’t be so naked once you put it on” joked Anubis as Tesla blushed and put the collar on. It felt comforting around his neck, made him feel safe, protected and not so naked anymore.

“Here… you still need these, however I did modify them for your new self” Anubis proclaimed as he put Tesla’s circle specticals on his muzzle. “A bit better for you?” Anubis stated sarcasticly. As Tesla regained his ability to see from a far and squinted into the vastness of the desert.

“Yes, much better”. Tesla replied as he adjusting them on his muzzle.

“Now that you are a pet and I am your owner I have to look human” said Anubis. With the tap of his staff and another bright flash of light Anubis appeared as a human. He was light skinned and had long black hair. He wore a black suit and tie with a gold anke necklace. He still had his staff in hand as well.

“How do I look?” he asked Tesla, Who replied with a smile, “You look great dad, you will blend right in”