HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by xhunterko »

Luke carefully walked up to the horse and Zanna.

"Sorry to keep spoiling the fun and stressing a point," he said, keeping his paws behind his back, "But shouldn't the horse's owners be at least asked if he could be let out for the day?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla put on a ducky face and stuck out his tongue, "Naw. That'd make it less adventrogen-y! "
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

(OOC:Sorry for being so late my work load has been *UBAR and i've been stressed like a fat guy on a spring mattress but i'll try to get posting again, thank you for your patience)

Doc shook the cougars paw and quickly returned his gaze back to the map, he didn't look up but he answered the large cats question.

"I was found after my pack had been demolished by a rival pack"

Doc glanced up from the map at the cougar(I'm sorry but has Luke introduced his name yet? I just wasn't sure :mrgreen: ) wanting to gauge his reaction. As for being blunt with this it was a slight mix of his unwillingness to get along with other predators and also his lack of caring about the emotion, Doc didn't really like showing his emotions as they could screw up a procedure or treatment if they got in the way and as Doc barely noticed Zanna's smirk towards him he couldn't help himself but to smile and unwillingly let his emotion show. He found it quite peculiar that since he met Zanna and imediately buckled under her compassion, kindness and spunk he couldn;t help but to show emotion around her, he was afriad it was one of the emotions he dared not speak of, not want to have as it was the most devastating if used in the wrong matters and worse he was afraid he might accidentally show it around her and his paranoia took affect as he was sure she wouldn't want anything to do with him afterwards. He tried to control this thought and come back to the present as he let out a slight smile back

"The best we can get"

Then he looked back at the map, still trying to gauge the cougars reaction and then an unexpected turn as Monnbeam gave Zanna a lick he again failed his own restraint and let out a slightly audiable chuckle, which he quickly covered and then after a few more pieces of conversation Doc saw that he was being pointed out and listened as Zanna officially designated him Trip captain, he liked the sound of it and smiled a bit more appreciating her bestowing this position to him, he'd just have to remember to not treat any wounds unless he was 110% sure what he was using.

(Alright again, sorry but for the sake of nonawkwardness if its possible for people to use imagination and fill in my quite late responses where they were asked, it might make this smoother. Again my bad :oops: )
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ouch man, sorry it happened like that for ya," Luke said back to Doc, "I know that feeling."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:She pointed at Doc. "Doc has the map, so he is the explorer captain. Like...Gilligan, or...Louis and Clark.". The dog walked over to Moonbeam. "But in the meantime. Can I ride on you?"

Moonbeam swishes his his long flowing tail back and forth, side to side.
I think that would be best, I'm just a tiny bit too big to ride doggieback on you. Besides, I'm trained to have people ride on me. It's like my purpose in life to be ridden around. Also i don't know where we are going, can can't read a map. so it's best if you had a hold of the reins... Oh uh..
The equine starts, finally noticing that he is not in the proper tack to be ridden.
xhunterko wrote:Luke carefully walked up to the horse and Zanna.
"Sorry to keep spoiling the fun and stressing a point," he said, keeping his paws behind his back, "But shouldn't the horse's owners be at least asked if he could be let out for the day?"
Esper wrote:Tesla put on a ducky face and stuck out his tongue, "Naw. That'd make it less adventrogen-y! "

Moonbeam horse laughed! heee hee waaw!
He seriously pondered trotting off with the two canines, without telling anyone on the farm.
If most of the Paschal family knew he was even outside of the fence right now. He would end up being placed in hobbles, an locked away in his stall for sure.
The cougar might be right. He must be watched closely and kept on a short lead just like us livestock are.
Looking back across the field, where now there is a line of cows intently watching the goings on outside of the fence. They would stamped if he tried to get the wild pets in that way! He didn't want to get punished for spooking them, yet again.. (rolling his eyes) for such stupid animals they are, the cows spook so much easier then he does.
An who to ask... his actual owner was away from the farm, at advanced people training school. Lisa-marie might let him go off the farm, altho she might want him to stay away from the farm from now on, as well. That just left Momma Paschal. but how does he get all the way to the house, with spooking the other animals, and then getting to speak with her before encountering any of the other family members?

I guess i would need to ask Momma Paschal, who is the farmers wife.
But, I don't see how do we get the group all the way around the barn and over to the house without, spooking the other livestock or anyone seeing us, to ask her?

The equine whinnies, still looking across the corral at all the intently staring eyes of the cows watching them.
The others have already smelled predator on the breeze.
Moonbeam whickers...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hmm. Luke thought. That all does sound a bit difficult.

"You know, I haven't checked this house for work yet, hm," Luke said, "Lemme try something, and you might want to be on the corral side of the fence. Though I'm not sure if they can see us here from the door, better safe then sorry. Once I have the proper parties distracted, make your move." Luke then walked over to the front door of the house and, after a moments hesitation, knocked.

ooc: hey guys, I want to change Luke's stats just a tad. Is that okay?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:I think that would be best, I'm just a tiny bit too big to ride doggieback on you. Besides, I'm trained to have people ride on me. It's like my purpose in life to be ridden around. Also i don't know where we are going, can can't read a map. so it's best if you had a hold of the reins... Oh uh..
The equine starts, finally noticing that he is not in the proper tack to be ridden.
Zanna was tall enough to be able to hoist herself onto Moonbeam's back.(with some effort and a jump). After seating herself on the top she looked down at all the rest of the others. "I'm taller than all of you guys now!" She looked around the horse's neck. "Umm, so, what'd you say about rain?"
Keeshah wrote:I guess i would need to ask Momma Paschal, who is the farmers wife.
But, I don't see how do we get the group all the way around the barn and over to the house without, spooking the other livestock or anyone seeing us, to ask her?

The equine whinnies, still looking across the corral at all the intently staring eyes of the cows watching them.
The others have already smelled predator on the breeze.
Moonbeam whickers...
"Then we'll do it like ninjas.(All sneaky and stuff)" Zanna whispered. "Or like Bullet and Trigger from the Roy Rogers show! (all epic and stuff)
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla giggled at the ninja remark, "A beautiful plan!" he shifted from foot to foot anxiously
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "I'm taller than all of you guys now!" She looked around the horse's neck. "Umm, so, what'd you say about rain?"

Yes you are, your taller than me now!
Moonbeam sniffs up at the air. It might rain, but it smell still way far off... Oh did you mean reins? Reins are what you use to steer a horse like me, to where you want to go!.
Roarin wrote:"Then we'll do it like ninjas.(All sneaky and stuff)" Zanna whispered. "Or like Bullet and Trigger from the Roy Rogers show! (all epic and stuff)

Ooooh does that mean you want me to rear up onto my hind-legs??
Moonbeam trots over to the corral gate.
Just you too reach down an put up that thingy again so i can get back on the otter side of the fence.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Ooooh does that mean you want me to rear up onto my hind-legs??
Zanna grinned at the thought. "You can, but I'm not sure I can hold on."
Keeshah wrote:Moonbeam trots over to the corral gate.
Just you too reach down an put up that thingy again so i can get back on the otter side of the fence.
The husky bent down and unlocked the gate, it swung open smoothly.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote: "You know, I haven't checked this house for work yet, hm," Luke said, "Lemme try something, and you might want to be on the corral side of the fence. Though I'm not sure if they can see us here from the door, better safe then sorry. Once I have the proper parties distracted, make your move." Luke then walked over to the front door of the house and, after a moments hesitation, knocked.

An surprised mid age woman answers the door.
Y-yes ? is the circus in town?
Looking past the big cat, for a handler or a clown or something..
xhunterko wrote:ooc: hey guys, I want to change Luke's stats just a tad. Is that okay?
ooc: surrre

Roarin wrote:Zanna grinned at the thought. "You can, but I'm not sure I can hold on."
Keeshah wrote:Moonbeam trots over to the corral gate.
The husky bent down and unlocked the gate, it swung open smoothly.

Moonbeam goes back into the corral, turning around to grip the gate in his teeth and pulling it closed behind him. CLACK.
Ah. lovely captivity!
He snarks..
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:
Moonbeam goes back into the corral, turning around to grip the gate in his teeth and pulling it closed behind him. CLACK.
Ah. lovely captivity!
He snarks..
"Hey well.". Zanna pats the horse's neck lightly and giggles. "You got me with you this time". She looks at the sheep around the corral. "Now how do we do this?"

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke was about as nervous.

At least she doesn't have a shot gun like the other one did. He thought. He tugged at his poncho a little hoping to show the collar more.

"Actually n-no ma'am," Luke said, "I got into t-town the other day and after a stroke of g-good luck, w-was g-given work by one of your neighbors. I q-quite liked it and was wondering if you had any use for a hired feral."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla stood behind Luke, peaking out from behind his leg mischievously, quietly looking on in case of the likely possibility that the woman wouldn't react well to a towering mountain lion
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:"Actually n-no ma'am," Luke said, "I got into t-town the other day and after a stroke of g-good luck, w-was g-given work by one of your neighbors. I q-quite liked it and was wondering if you had any use for a hired feral."

I can only imagine what the other critters are going to think about having a wild feral, running loose on the farm. I just don't think it would work out here, sorry honey
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sigh, time to give it up for the day maybe? He thought.

"All righty m-ma'am," Luke said, "Do you k-know anyone else who might be interested th-then?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:Sigh, time to give it up for the day maybe? He thought.

"All righty m-ma'am," Luke said, "Do you k-know anyone else who might be interested th-then?"

I can't think of any farm members around here that would feel comfortable with a large predator around..

Moonbeam, now back in the corral, and with a canine rider, comes up to the inside fence line..
Hey kittycat!.. hows it going up at the house?
he whinnie yells.

Oh what in the world is going on now?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke facepawed. Your supposed to be at the other side of the fence or whereever you think your owner is. Oi. He thought.

"Oh," Luke said, "I was just talking to your horse, Moonbeam was it, a second ago."

"You got nothing to worry about, no job for me here, heh," he yells back.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:"You got nothing to worry about, no job for me here, heh," he yells back.

Moonbeam tilts his head off to the side...
Why you looking for a job? I thought the plan was to take me away from here??

Momma Paschal puts her hands on her hips.
So your looking to make off with are horse are you?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Momma Paschal puts her hands on her hips.
So your looking to make off with are horse are you?
Zanna waved politely from her perch atop Moonbeam. "It'd be rude not to ask before we did so ma'am.". The husky responded in a respectful voice.

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke facepawed again.

"No ma'am, your horse was outside the corral when I met him," Luke said, "I don't know how he got out, but there was some talk about him running off with the pet group for today. And I wouldn't dream of stealing your, or anyone's horse. That's stupid. And stupidity gets ferals shot."

You guys aren't helping. Luke thought. You have no idea how much trouble I could be in right now.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:Luke facepawed again.

"No ma'am, your horse was outside the corral when I met him," Luke said, "I don't know how he got out, but there was some talk about him running off with the pet group for today. And I wouldn't dream of stealing your, or anyone's horse. That's stupid. And stupidity gets ferals shot."

That is quite smart. Just what kind of work do you think you could do on a farm, where every other animal is going to run from you?

Momma comes out of the house.
He was WHAT?
She says marching past the big cat to go out to the corral fence.
Moonbean! just what were you think you were doing outside of the corral! An just HOW did you get out in the first place? Has any of the other critters gone and gotten out?

Moonbeam flattens down his ears.
In order of questioning, I was just trying to be like all the other pets. Opened the gate, got out the gate, close the gate. No other animals have gone out the gate.

Momma crosses her arms across her chest.
Don't be a smart alex Moonbeam, your not a donkey.
Your not a pet, your livestock. And livestock is not allowed to run free, you know that.

How many would think that cougar is a pet, yet he is walking collared and free.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, eh hem, since everything is afraid of me I can easily drive them back home with little effort. That also means I have to be careful, calming, and try and be as polite as possible," Luke said, "Also, for some reason the milk cows liked my paws. I dunno why. And I can lift."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna leaned to the side and looked at Moonbeam. "What if you put on a saddle? Then you get to walk around outside and stuff right?"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Continued to trail Luke, looking up at the human, "I could install a tracking chip in the saddle, if that'd make you feel better about the idea!" Tesla chirped from behind the woman, breaking his silence
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:"Well, eh hem, since everything is afraid of me I can easily drive them back home with little effort. That also means I have to be careful, calming, and try and be as polite as possible," Luke said, "Also, for some reason the milk cows liked my paws. I dunno why. And I can lift."

Well i don't know, i'll have to speak to my husband about it.
Momma says.
Roarin wrote:Zanna leaned to the side and looked at Moonbeam. "What if you put on a saddle? Then you get to walk around outside and stuff right?"

Moonbeam shrugged, ruffling his mane.
I've been outside with the saddle and without, in harness hitched to the wagon and to the buggy.
Esper wrote:Continued to trail Luke, looking up at the human, "I could install a tracking chip in the saddle, if that'd make you feel better about the idea!" Tesla chirped from behind the woman, breaking his silence

Oooohhh a corgi! oh your so cute!!!
Picking him up and hugging him close.. rubbing his ears..

So? can i go with these pets..
Moombeam asks the human.

Now now, you know it's against the law to have livestock running free. Do you know what can happen if you were found running loose on another farm?
Momma saks, finally putting the corgi back down on the ground.

Moonbeam make a cringing face, and nods.
Yes.. But i won't go on any other farms.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Phew. Luke thought. And then he smiled without teeth.

"Thank you ma'am, I appreciate the consideration," he said.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla squeaked at being picked up, "Aww... Come on miss, I'm not that cute, am I?"

One he was set down, Tesla spoke up again, "Technically, Moonbeam doesn't even need to step on the ground." he said pointing to his balloon, "And you are, as his owner, allowed to send him out, especially if you give him an errand to run."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke then slaps himself in the forehead.

"I just remembered that I have no way of tracking time yet," Luke said, "But, what would be a good time to come back and check on that?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Esper wrote:Tesla squeaked at being picked up, "Aww... Come on miss, I'm not that cute, am I?"

Oh yes you are! Oh yes you are!
Esper wrote:One he was set down, Tesla spoke up again, "Technically, Moonbeam doesn't even need to step on the ground." he said pointing to his balloon, "And you are, as his owner, allowed to send him out, especially if you give him an errand to run."

She can?

You want to take a 1000+ lbs. horse up in a hot air balloon?? You be Kyoot, but daft corgi.
xhunterko wrote:Luke then slaps himself in the forehead.
"I just remembered that I have no way of tracking time yet," Luke said, "But, what would be a good time to come back and check on that?"

You better give that a few days.. My hubby is going to think i'm daft.
And you don't want him chasing after you with the shotgun now do you??
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

You better give that a few days.. My hubby is going to think i'm daft.
And you don't want him chasing after you with the shotgun now do you??
"Eh heh, course not," Luke said with a nervous laugh, "All righty, I'll be back in a few days then. Heh."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc had sorta drowned out while looking at the map, focusing on it and memorizing it but also using it as an excuse to stay quiet and out of mind for a little bit, though he overheard the others talking about trying to get Moonbeam out and about like they were going to sneak him so when they dispersed Doc sorta hung behind keeping an eye on everything, curious as to how this would all turn out. He didn't hear the full detailed plan but had a pretty good idea when Luke with Tesla behind, knocked on the house door while Moonbeam and Zanna went back into the corral. Then he heard teir yelling back and forth, but he was a bit dumbfounded when they seemed to be so plain about asking to take their horse off the property.
"Huh, guess not so intriqet after all"
He quietly spoke to himself as he as he climbed up and over the gate, landing on the other side with a slight thud and jogged over to Moonbeam and Zanna, coming along side them and listening, the map still in his paw
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc heard their yelling back and forth, but he was a bit dumbfounded when they seemed to be so plain about asking to take their horse off the property.
"Huh, guess not so intriqet after all"
He quietly spoke to himself as he as he climbed up and over the gate, landing on the other side with a slight thud and jogged over to Moonbeam and Zanna, coming along side them and listening, the map still in his paw

Momma Paschal looks up, as a wolf now jumps over the fence into the corral.
Is it escape day from the zoo or what?
An just what might you be wanting mr. Wolf?

Moonbeam just rolls his eyes.
the wolf is kinda with us as well.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"You know though, they did say something about going camping," Luke says, "Could Moonbeam be used as a pack horse?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Moonbeam just rolls his eyes.
the wolf is kinda with us as well.
"It's like a party!". Zanna exclaimed. "Except, y'know...there's no streamers, and no music, and no balloons (excluding the really really big one), and we're on a farm, and... Yeah...".
Keeshah wrote: Momma Paschal looks up, as a wolf now jumps over the fence into the corral.
Is it escape day from the zoo or what?
An just what might you be wanting mr. Wolf?
"His name's not mister wolf.". Zanna shook her head. "It's Mr. Trip Director.". She looked down at the red wolf on the ground. "Doc! You should try riding on Mr.Moonbeam.". She turned her head back towards the horse. "If that's okay with you.". Before turning back towards Doc. "It's reeeally fun!"

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc heard the woman at the door ask him something as he climbed over, he expected a partially agressive look as farmers and wolves didn't exaclt get along but Moonbeam answered for him, which he was a bit grateful for. As he listened to the others talk he caught on as Zanna explained what they were doing and Luke trying to get the farmer to lend Mooneam to us, he then chukled a little when Zanna introduced him as trip director, he looked up at Zanna as she suggested he join her on Moonbeam. Doc had never ridden a horse before, nor really wanted to as he'd heard dozens of stories where people succumb to dangerous injuries from riding horses, but he didn't want to back down to this and Moonbeam seemed fairly easy going but he looked at Moonbeam as Zanna asked permission, Doc just waited for an answer.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:"You know though, they did say something about going camping," Luke says, "Could Moonbeam be used as a pack horse?"

Momma Paschal looks around totally confused now...
Err what? yes he is trained to be used as an pack animal.

not an animal, a pet like the others.

She crosses her arms over her chest.
Moonbeam, get it through your head, your livestock, not a normal pet.
Different rules and laws apply to you, that doesn't to them.

But i want to go camping with them, like i used to do.

Is that what... Gesturing with her arms.
All this is about? you wanting to carry they camping gear, just to get off the farm?

Moonbeam drags his hoof on the ground sheepishly.
Well, yes i do..
Looking back at the Husky, If he wants too, he can ride on me..
Moonbeam flicks his ears up, as he suddenly realizes he just agreed to let a wolf up onto his back. (Gulp)..
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla snapped out of his daze, "Hey lady! I may be cute, but I most certainly amNot dumb! That balloon can hold over eight thousand pounds!" He flustered before realizing that the group had shifted in subject, and the dog shrank back into silence
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

<< I apologize for the lateness... >>

Retaining her pleasant smile, diminutive in its wholeness, Travis' sight latched off to her side of where she kept her plate and mug, further influenced of its spacious breadth at the clatter of the utensils, where they loomed over the former contents.
Inclined with the intention of politely returning the tableware to the kitchen, Travis was completely taken by surprise from when Mercury had hugged her instantaneously, setting the plate firmly back onto the couch, though unattended and a bit hastily, as she turned to glance back at the cat, taken aback by a slight.

Though, eventually, she slowly wrapped her arms around the feline and returned the cuddle, with the embrace slowly bringing her to realize a shimmer of her suppressed, long-neglected thoughts, of which she persistently denies as being a part of her, faintly emerging, as if reluctant to reconsider for them. At first, she didn't seem too inclined about it, not because of what she, or others, may consider as something forbidden, but eventually came to terms with being comfortable with something uncommon, something that just felt natural to her, which convinced her to harbor further disdain to the ridiculous pet taboo amongst cats and dogs.

"Mercury," said Travis, gently breaking the hug, "Would you like to walk around outside with me, for a little while?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Rhyzer wrote:<< I apologize for the lateness... >>

Retaining her pleasant smile, diminutive in its wholeness, Travis' sight latched off to her side of where she kept her plate and mug, further influenced of its spacious breadth at the clatter of the utensils, where they loomed over the former contents.
Inclined with the intention of politely returning the tableware to the kitchen, Travis was completely taken by surprise from when Mercury had hugged her instantaneously, setting the plate firmly back onto the couch, though unattended and a bit hastily, as she turned to glance back at the cat, taken aback by a slight.

Though, eventually, she slowly wrapped her arms around the feline and returned the cuddle, with the embrace slowly bringing her to realize a shimmer of her suppressed, long-neglected thoughts, of which she persistently denies as being a part of her, faintly emerging, as if reluctant to reconsider for them. At first, she didn't seem too inclined about it, not because of what she, or others, may consider as something forbidden, but eventually came to terms with being comfortable with something uncommon, something that just felt natural to her, which convinced her to harbor further disdain to the ridiculous pet taboo amongst cats and dogs.

"Mercury," said Travis, gently breaking the hug, "Would you like to walk around outside with me, for a little while?"
((It's ok))
Mercury's eyes went wide as dinner-plates, taken aback, "S-sure, I'd love too!" he said, but clammed back up, embarassed by the lack of volume control, "Er, yeah, I would like that..." He tried again, standing. Still clearly blushing, he tried to fight back a sense of fear and disbelief, smiling