PF: Haven OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: PF: Haven OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

razgriz wrote:OOC: I thought both rabbits were back with the wolf? Felix really didn't want anyone but Pavelle to see the den... Paranoia...
If that was your intention, it should have been made clearer. Felix said "one of you" when asking them to take the bucket to the wolf, and Jack said he didn't want to go back, so Conner went.
so both me and caelei made the assumption that Jack would stay with Felix and Pavelle. we could say that Jack followed without Felix noticing, but I doubt he wouldn't notice something Pavelle did.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

It would be unwise to sneakily follow Felix... He may be friendly, but trying to follow him in secret is a more threatening action.... as it indicates spying, trying to take information, etc. Which can be used against him... We'll just have to let it go for now...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm not sure why he'd be more paranoid about Jack seeing the den then Pavelle. He just met both of them and he knows that Pavelle will have the other Felix (who he doesn't know and if I recall, he was told is good at tracking) looking for her, while Jack may have Jessica looking for him, but he knows her just as much as he knows Pavelle and Jack.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Could I ask that you don't quote ALL of Cali's. Post in your replys?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
caelei

Post by caelei »

Yeah.
I knew Jack was coming, too.
I also suspected that Felix only wanted Pavelle to come. Which I guess he could've said outright...? I don't know. I guess I didn't think it was necessary to be directly stated. It was implied.
But I knew Jack was there the whole time...
Anyways. Even if Jack knew that Felix didn't want him to follow, he still might. I mean. If he didn't want to go back to his sister, and didn't care about what Felix wanted... It's not like Felix can boss him around. I guess... he could eat him. :lol:
Doesn't much matter now, though. What's done is done...?
Let's all roll with it!

And I agree with Keesh. Please try to keep quotes short. Whole paragraphs usually aren't necessary.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

hello i'm looking to join a second rp is it possibly for me to join this one or would you rather I not
Not one single person on this earth is perfect,learning to accept that however is a struggle few can understand
caelei

Post by caelei »

Ace11 wrote:hello i'm looking to join a second rp is it possibly for me to join this one or would you rather I not
No, don't worry! You're quite welcome here.
All I ask is for nice quality posts, simple enough, and then everyone is happy! I'm sure you'll do fine. ^^
Feel free to submit a character sheet, and after it's approved you can get right to posting.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

Name:Fraxis
Species:Husky
Neighborhood:Haven
Type:Main

Appearance:Fraxis is a white furred husky with blue eyes and dresses in black torn jeans with a black shirt and a long black coat.

Personality:Fraxis is very emotionless and almost never talks to anyone but is skilled in most forms of taijutsu and fluent in many languages.Does not trust humans at all.Prefers Hand-to-Hand combat.If he has something to say to you he will say whether it's nice or not.Prefers not to be seen by others and has adopted a light footed technique to almost everything he does.

Backstory:Originally from southern france Fraxis moved to japan where he trained in the art of the ninjas soon after he traveled to the United States started looking for a place to train his Taijutsu more effectively

Special:
Strength-7
Perception-5
Endurance-7
Charisma-2
Intelligence-7
Agility-10
Luck-4
Last edited by Ace11 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Not one single person on this earth is perfect,learning to accept that however is a struggle few can understand
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Character observations..

He is not likely going to be a very good ninja at 4 years old. just a beginner.

Haven hasn't been established yet in the RP, So there is no place called haven to hear about yet. :mrgreen:
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: He is not likely going to be a very good ninja at 4 years old. just a beginner.
Maybe tis human years?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote: He is not likely going to be a very good ninja at 4 years old. just a beginner.
Maybe tis human years?
at the age ratio we use, that's still only 14 pet years.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

he's actually quite mature for his age and yes it is in human years
Daxter

Post by Daxter »

*Wipes sweaty brow from running back* Phew, I'm back! Been at my dads sorry and no laptop :( So I actually will be back in this and kicking some verbal butt! :D
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN
caelei

Post by caelei »

Sorry I didn't reply to this yesterday, been busy reading a million textbooks for college.
he's actually quite mature for his age and yes it is in human years
I don't think Keesh meant that your character was not mature. Your charrie can be extraordinarily (mentally) mature for his age, and I wouldn't mind a bit. However, physical maturity is another thing, and it takes some serious time and ability to become "extremely skilled in any form of combat." That seems a bit exaggerated, for someone so young.
Perhaps he's skilled in one particular type of combat (that one could be a mashup of many styles, like Bruce Lee's Jeet Kun Do or Russian Combat Sambo).

And Keeshah is also correct about Haven's current state of construction. Haven hasn't even been thought up yet. We'll be getting to that eventually... in the mean time, perhaps you should think of some other reason for Fraxis to have come to the forest.

On an unrelated/slightly related note, does anyone want to name the forest? Just so we don't have to call it 'the forest'?
Could be an official or unofficial name.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

We should call it "The Forest".
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:We should call it "The Forest".
I agree with this. any actual name it would have would come from the humans, so while some characters would call it that, others would either not know its human title or refuse to call it that.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Well... What title would it be for those characters? I'd like to drop references to this place and the area it's in in other RPs...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
caelei

Post by caelei »

I can see why you'd both think that it shouldn't have a definite name.

But I meant what RR said...
That the name could be unofficial. In the sense that it wouldn't be given by humans. Just because humans gave it a certain name (which the wild animals might not even know) doesn't mean that the wild animals wouldn't also have given it a name, just for reference. For example, it might be based on a particular landmark, like the mountains, or one of the rivers, or whatever.

However, if you really feel there shouldn't be a name, there doesn't have to be.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

I think if we give it a name, we should perhaps get an idea of what IS in it and possibly give them sub-regions/names...

I picture this is a HUGE forest area, so, I think we'd have spots like "the waterfall", "the cliffs", "The Hills/Mountains", "the ravine"... A lot of how it'd go I think is that we'd perhaps use a more country-ish way of referring to places. Rather than having a formal name like Yosemite Forest, Jack's Woods or something, we'd have common phrases to things inside the forest. What do we care about the name OF the forest, the stuff inside it is what matters most to us, and, more or less so, I think these places would be named by what they are unless some historic event were to happen there, which would carry into its name such as "The Bears' Den", "Death Falls" or something along those lines.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

This is set in a temperate forest in northern California/Oregon, right?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

By the way guys, I thought of a reason your posts are so long: some of you need to be doing less actions and give the other characters more chances to respond. For instance, if your character
1) walks up to a tree
2) pulls out a knife
3) starts cutting the bark
4) pulls out a frame
5) Folds it into a bucket
6) Presents and explains it to the other character
and is talking the entire time, You shouldn't go ANY further than that in a single post, and actually consider stopping around point 3 or 4 so that the other character has a moment to comment or react.

Just thought I might bring that up, as you guys have page-long posts here, and I'm noticing how abnormal that is from the other RPs...
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

nothing wrong with long posts... and i was thinking more so East Coast or midwest... East coast just as i know it and midwest as that creates isolation.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

razgriz wrote:nothing wrong with long posts... and i was thinking more so East Coast or midwest... East coast just as i know it and midwest as that creates isolation.
Well, caelei herself has mentioned it being in California in one of these posts.
caelei wrote:Even though we're in "Sunny California" the mountains in this area dump a whole lot of snow and ice, and it gets very cold, food scarce.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Didnt nitice that... Lets have a huge Earthquake.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

It is near Richardson Valley, which is in Central California. The question is WHERE near Richardson Valley...
caelei

Post by caelei »

Yes, the forest is supposed to be big. REAL big. So it's possible the animals living there would have different names for different parts. It's also possible that they might not have been to every part of the forest. Griffon's troop travels (but many of the other "feral" groups sit in more permanent locations)... I don't know about the regular occupants of the forest, animals like Jack and Jessica, or Felix. How much they travel about.

The Haven region was supposed to be north of El Dorado county, CA (since that's approximately where RV is located). So yeah... northeastern California, perhaps even southern Oregon (though that might be pushing it).

The forest itself is intended to be an entirely fictional place. So, there might not actually be mountains directly north of El Dorado, might not be coniferous forest, etc. Characteristics are ours to distinguish.

There's a mountainous region between RV and Haven (and also "cupping" the Haven area to the west as well, I believe). To get to Haven from RV (or vice versa), you could go through the mountains directly (perhaps through a natural pass(?), or else just by having to do a lot of hardcore hiking and risk-taking) or go around (which was the case of my Felix and Pavelle). Grif's group went around as well when they were fleeing RV, but they went to the west end of the mountain range, whereas Pavelle/Felix went northeast to a city (where Pavelle's mother was hospitalized), then left that city and headed west, through the close edge of the forest. I'll draw something up to give you an idea of that, added shortly...
EDIT: It's a terrible approximation and not detailed, but at least it gives the general geography of the region.

Key:
light green = general forest
darker green = denser/thicker forest
blue = water (lake, river, stream, etc.)
yellow = farmland (according to the RV map)
purple w/ peaks/bumps = mountains
grey/buildings = city
"bold/thick" x = dirt circle (where Pavelle, Felix, Conker, Jessica, Jack all met)
"unbolded" x's (w/ arrow) = old camp --> new camp (note that new camp in is darker green, so thicker forest)
The arrows to the sides (to the west "unbolded" and to the east "bolded") of the southern mountains just give an idea the way that, respectively, Grif's camp traveled from the RV area, and Pavelle/Felix traveled from RV.
White/uncolored is just blank. To be determined if needed. If not, it'll probably just stay the same.
And... sorry if you think it's too vague. I'm not very skilled with drawing and such.
I suppose I should've given some sort of ratio for like, distance. But... just know that where the "bold" x is, that's like... a two-day walk/hike from the edge of the forest near to the city.

Probably a more extensive map later? We could all choose to add landmarks to this if we wished, or if any were suggested.

As for the forest being temperate... I'd like to say yes, it is. The summers are green, and it is mostly composed of coniferous trees (though there are some exceptions, like the birches Felix mentioned) and plants low to the ground (like ferns or the nut/berry bushes that have been mentioned by multiple characters as a food source), tall grass, moss/lichen, mushrooms(?); at the rivers/water sources there are cattails and the usual fare. There might be some meadow areas, but I'm not certain. I'd like to say the trees are generally moderately close together, but of course that fluctuates (as in the area that the new camp is set up, where the trees are much more dense). It gets a lot of snow/precipitation in winter as Rachav mentioned (thanks to the nearby mountains, which also explain the numerous trickling water sources, streams and such), and the winters can be harsh.

There was an earthquake once (not that there couldn't be another, heh), but I don't know how this particular forest would have been affected, if at all. That was pretty far downstate, I want to say here, and it was mentioned by Rachav that the camp moved upstate "into the wilder areas where they could be away from human civilization." Since RV is a relatively new neighborhood (at least I think it is...?), I can only assume that the camp moved to a place where there weren't humans nearby, and that the area became developed as the (close to 20) years passed and human population spread closer to the mountains.
Just thought I might bring that up, as you guys have page-long posts here, and I'm noticing how abnormal that is from the other RPs...
I generally post long responses (which is an understatement, but whatever). If anyone has a problem with it, they can tell me and I can try to cut it down. That's just the way I write, is all (always have ^^'). As long as the people here don't care, then I don't know why we should change our style to fit the other RP's, unless the mods don't like it...? I myself don't prefer responses to be any particular length. One-liners (as long as they have substance and progress the RP) are fine, and so are long paragraphs.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:It is near Richardson Valley, which is in Central California. The question is WHERE near Richardson Valley...

Richardson valley is in Northern California, up near Reno NV.

I think we should stay with are long detailed posts. The whole point of an text based RP, is to tell a story with words.

If you have any cut and paste skills at all, you can deconstruct a huge post down into little bites that you can reply too in series.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Hmm, Venison would probably know the human's name for the forest, so if you all want to decide on one, you can, and I'll have Ven use it.

He's coming in soon, by the way. I'm writing an intro post for him now. I'm gonna alter his stats a bit, so don't rely on the character sheet I have linked (it needs updating).

On topic, nothing wrong with long posts, as long as you leave enough room for others to react, or even give them prompts!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
caelei

Post by caelei »

I am SO HAPPY right now. Venison. Yesssssss.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:Hmm, Venison would probably know the human's name for the forest, so if you all want to decide on one, you can, and I'll have Ven use it.

He's coming in soon, by the way. I'm writing an intro post for him now. I'm gonna alter his stats a bit, so don't rely on the character sheet I have linked (it needs updating).

Buckdida wrote: ___________
(Quick Stats for Ven: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-4 I-10 A-10 L-5. Character sheet and Sig will get updated sooner or later...)
(AND SO IT BEGINS. Just an intro post for Ven. He'll come around on his own once current situations die down a bit, or someone can come and find him.)

If he is hiking over the mountains from RV.
Venison is closest to Griffon's scout/hunter, Swiftpaw. who is tailing the two searching for something dirt bikers.
Also somewhere up in the mountains is Griffons, 3 member Ridge line wide patrol.

Rachav, North, and Sneakers the cat are down at the bottom of the mountains.
Rachav and North are watching the paths that lead into the old camp, to give the alarm that the bikers are coming that way.
Sneakers is prowling around looking for where Swiftpaw might be.. if not hiding and panting for a while. :roll: he has had to run alot.

Hmmmmm!! Does this mean that the dirt bikers are looking for Venison :shock: , and not North? :lol:
Last edited by Keeshah on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Hmm, I’m almost considering joining here.

Just to play with the veteran RPers.

Also this RPG is starting to look kinda interesting...
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
caelei

Post by caelei »

Feel free to submit a character.
I would love to have you, as well. ^^
And I'm sure everyone else here would, too.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

Okay i fixed my errors on Fraxis it would be ridiculous if he knew every from of combat so I'm gonna stick to Taijutsu for now and have him learn other forms of combat later.So now my only question is if he's in or not
caelei

Post by caelei »

Okay i fixed my errors on Fraxis it would be ridiculous if he knew every from of combat so I'm gonna stick to Taijutsu for now and have him learn other forms of combat later.So now my only question is if he's in or not
Well, if nobody else has any objections/suggestions, your character should be fine. Just be careful about how you apply his skill. God-modding (as a given) is against the rules; everyone has boundaries.

Also, you don't have to include this in your sheet, but perhaps you might want to think about why Fraxis came the the US to find a place to train, instead of somewhere else (was there any particular reason?), or instead of continuing his training in Japan, or France. Just a suggestion.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ace11 wrote:Okay i fixed my errors on Fraxis it would be ridiculous if he knew every from of combat so I'm gonna stick to Taijutsu for now and have him learn other forms of combat later.So now my only question is if he's in or not
Hmm. The following is opinion, really. I urge you to read it, but disregard it if you wish.

So... he knows most hand-to-hand fighting skills. A quick wiki search gives this line: "Taijutsu (体術?, literally "body technique" or "body skill") is a Japanese blanket term for any combat skill, technique or system of martial art using body movements that are described as an empty-hand combat skill or system." Basically every Japanese Martial Art, such as Karate and Judo. That's... honestly a bit much. Most characters use one fighting style (if their backstory allows it) with other bits that reflect their personality thrown in for their personal customization. For example, Venison uses this fast Boxing/kickboxing-ish style for direct hand to hand, but can also knife fight as well as using a pole, preferring to use weapons due to his low strength. I understand your guy has been training for a while, but unless he's a prodigy of some kind (which isn't mentioned in your backstory) there's no way he could have mastered three-to-five fighting styles in less than three years. Even then, I feel it's a little dicey. Certainly not possible under normal circumstances, anyway...

I assume you're going for a character archetype of "A wandering kung-fu master," but honestly, I'd want to see a character that's far more fleshed out and has his own personality. Quiet and emotionless. Okay, that's a good start. Get more specific. Make him more unique. Look at the bios of other characters in this thread for more of an idea! Here's another idea. Pick one or two fighting styles; give him reasons why he likes them or picked them, or why they fit in his personality. Maybe he doesn't like judo because it gets him too close to another person (seeing as he's emotionless) and prefers other, quicker styles that can be more efficient at taking down enemies? Think about it!

Caelei is also right- characters need motive, reason, for acting and existing. Why is he in the US? What brings him in the direction of the forest? These reasons can change over the course of the RP as a character accomplishes goals, but right now, your Husky seems like an idea with little direction. Turn him into a character!
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

okay i agree on the unique part but i said most Taijustsu not all he knows maybe 2-3 forms of Taijutsu well more like 1 and a little bit of some other hand-to-hand techniques though not well enough to be a prodigy he is still pretty good at fighting and his skill set is made specifically to support this
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

So why exactly does he have all these combat-oriented skills?
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ace11 wrote:okay i agree on the unique part but i said most Taijustsu not all he knows maybe 2-3 forms of Taijutsu well more like 1 and a little bit of some other hand-to-hand techniques though not well enough to be a prodigy he is still pretty good at fighting and his skill set is made specifically to support this
Then you should note that in your character sheet! You should explain and be specific, please! What's the main form of Taijutsu he uses, for example? If his martial arts are important, draw good attention to it with detail. Remember that we only know what you tell us directly.

In addition, I would request that you please communicate without using any run-on sentences, as well as using proper punctuation and grammar! Apologies for this, but your writing here serves as a sample as to how you might write in the RP. As an RP'ing basic: Writing as properly as you can (unless it's a character oriented tick) makes it much more appealing to RP with you and your characters. Easier to read, understand, and react accordingly!
D-Singer wrote:So why exactly does he have all these combat-oriented skills?
Yes, this. You've just said, "He went here, and trained." Why? Why was he moved from France to Japan to train? Why did he come to the US? It can't just be on a whim, as he'd need aid from humans to be allowed to do that. In this RP setting, pets are not in charge; pets would normally not have enough money to buy a plane ticket. The setting is semi-realistic. While I understand that many people like to keep backstories hidden until revealed in the actual RP, the odder a character's abilities and possessions, the more explanation is required for the character to be believable to others. Note how the characters who are wild animals just living in the forest can have simple character sheets, but characters like Felix (who owns several human products) require more of an explanation. Also keep in mind, while the players know information from the character sheets, the characters themselves do not, and would not know anything of one another until they find out in the RP. This doesn't mean that the backstory you make at the outset is completely set in stone; you can still build and create a character's backstory in the RP, but you need a solid base to work with.

For a quick example, if you said that "He lived in the US, and trained at a local dojo then ran away from his owners because he doesn't trust humans," that would be far more believable, and require much less explanation. However, you made it sound like he was a martial arts master who was specifically trained for some reason. If he has a past, tell us some of it. You don't need to tell all of it, just some of it.

Sorry if it feels like I'm being hard on you, or being too seroius- but I'd really like to see this character get more fleshed out! It would be more interesting for you, and the rest of us, who will be RP'ing with you, if you have a clear designed character. You can try RP'ing with your character how it currently is, but you may find it much tougher to do.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Here we go. I promised I'd get around to it, so here it is! Ven's redone character sheet.

Name: Venison
Original Name: Vinton Galifer
Species: Dog
Breed: Coydog
Age: 17.5 Pet/5 human 21 Pet/6 Human (after his time in RV)
Neighborhood: Richardson Valley Haven
Char Type: Main

Nutshell Description: A former thief dog with a troubled past and trust problems. He can be rather blunt and snarky, yet has a tendency to be extremely verbose at times, attempting to sound refined. While he's begun to trust again due to his time in Richardson Valley, he's still somewhat paranoid, thoughts swirling though his head.
Personal Quotes: "No, I am not a feral. Nor am I a pet. I am a stray and I'm just trying to survive."
"Friends can change an animal into a person."

Appearance:
Venison.jpg
Venison.jpg (133.23 KiB) Viewed 22841 times
Venison is colored a dusty lightish golden brown over most of his body, except for his lower legs and the underside of his tail. In those places, his fur is instead a light gray. In addition, Venison has a fur ridge down his back, starting right behind his ears, and it has a tendency to really stick up on the back of his neck. That ridge is a dark brown. His tail is looks like that of a Golden Retriever's. Ven is slightly shorter than other pets, say, maybe an inch or two taller than Joey, from the comic. Venison is also not very strong; he's on the skinny side, though not by much. His eye color is a bright emerald green, seen though a pair of glasses.

One interesting thing about Ven is his clothing. He wears army cargo pants, old and worn, with a large tear down the inside of his left leg. These pants hold most of his supplies and belongings. He's recently been acquiring collars...a simple, dark blue one is his usual favorite, and he'll occasionally wear an emerald green collar that matches his eyes. He also has a flashy red collar with a reindeer shaped tag on it, given to him by Rav, from Richardson Valley; He only wears it on rare occasions, such as holidays. He keeps his jackknife lockpick and a turning tool, as well as his tag, attached to his collars via a carabiner.

Personality:
Venison thinks in a very analytical fashion, so strongly that he sometimes blocks out emotion when thinking. While this allows him to be extremely tactical, he sometimes struggles to maintain a proper balance between emotion and thought. While he once refused to let emotion influence any of his decisions (as he viewed it as a weakness), his time in Richardson Valley with his friends has repaired much of his psyche, allowing him to once again feel.

He's somewhat paranoid, always thinking, always with thoughts swirling in his head. While he sometimes needs to stop, be alone, and sort out his thoughts, this also makes him a quick thinker in hectic situations.

Venison's intelligence shows with his often overly verbose way of speech and flow of snark, both of which tend to have a blunt delivery. He often doesn't mind how people react to his speech, as he generally doesn't trust others or their intentions, and feels less of a need to get close to them due to being (for the most part) fiercely independent. In spite of how he speaks, his intelligence and logic sometimes get people to listen to him, simply because it sounds like he knows what he's talking about (and indeed he often does know what he's talking about).

Background:
Venison's psyche was severely damaged when his parents attempted to control him and his high intellect with psychological conditioning, rendering him with little to no knowledge of emotions and spells of insanity... which also covered up a simple base need of being wanted by others (he was often ignored as a pup, being born in a puppy mill). Unfortunately, he was unable to understand his own mental situation correctly, and confused "respect" and "need" as opposed to being friends or having family. This resulted in about three years of stray life, in an attempt to survive while rallying known dangerous strays to uprise, trying to gain renown from doing so. Suffice to say, this didn't work, and after several failed attempts, Venison ducked his head low and tried to find another angle in life.

When he arrived in Richardson Valley, life threw him a curveball...in the form of friendly pets and humans who... wanted to help him, and went out of their way to do so. He certainly wasn't used to this, as he had been living in cities with strays, who commonly view each other as tools to get things done. Venison became confused as to why others would help him without asking anything in return, and also became equally curious, and stuck around to figure out exactly what knowledge he was missing. His emotions slowly began to rebuild over time, and eventually, that combined the kindness of the others convinced Venison to stay, and he declared himself the "Neighborhood Dog," despite the fact that Richardson Valley was swarming with pets. He mainly called himself the neighborhood dog because of his tendency to sleep and eat at his friend's houses, not truly being owned and cared for by a single family, though "officially" (he denies it,) on paper, he's Sara Ligerr's pet. This is so he's not a stray, and retains some rights as a pet if captured by animal control or other perks, such as allowing him to hold a part time job.

His close friends are Ravage Ligerr, Sara's German Shepard dog, and Pavelle Nelson, the ex-thief Raccoon. They were among the first animals Venison personally met when he arrived, Rav befriending him though constant displays of friendship, and Pavelle and Ven simply going back and forth as rival thieves with different values, eventually meeting a common ground and become close friends.

Venison wishes to become fully independent, able to support himself without the aid of others- despite himself being a pet. However, at the current moment, he's trying to track down and bring home Pavelle, a close friend of his whom has disappeared, presumably into the forest, brought there by her supposed brother, Felix.

Other Notes
-Venison makes frequent use of the lockpick hung around his neck, usually when digging around for supplies...or getting somewhere he's not supposed to. He acquired these by ordering them online behind his parent's backs, originally intended for one of his first escape attempts.
-His cargo pants hold a multitude of supplies, from duct tape, to food, to oil for maintaining his lockpick. Just about anything he needs, really.
-He's got horrible eyesight! He wears corrective lenses to solve that problem. But due to his bad eyesight, his hearing is quite good.
-With such high intelligence, Venison has access to knowledge that astounds pets and humans. He seems to have extensive knowledge on a variety of subjects and trades, such as locksmithing.
-His agility is what kept him alive the most: Most people can't touch him. His dexterity is extremely stable as well.
-Venison has a non-lethal, homemade, electroshock weapon: The Balishock. It's basically a Balisong (a.k.a. Butterfly knife), but instead of a blade, there are tazer probes set in place. It's got two settings: A small shock setting for fighting people off, and a strong shock setting made to temporarily knock people out. He uses it during fighting, as his strength often isn't enough to down an opponent. He created it in his parent's labs, stealing and using their supplies. It's partially jerry rigged for repairs and can be prone to failure.
-Venison has another tool/weapon: The Vendellaun, a modified makeshift launcher. It can shoot punt out just about anything that can fit into it's muzzle- from rocks to water balloons, and a grappling hook. It can't, however, fire any traditional ammo (such as flares) due to it's modifications. He aquired it during his time in RV, modifying a flare/grenade launcher with the aid of Del, a scientist mouse.
-Being fiercely independent and intelligent, it's hard to persuade him, unless it's in his interests. On the other hand, Venison has horrible trouble persuading others.
-He dislikes taking his pants off in public, following human modesty values of his own free will.
-His main residence was a room in Sara's backyard barn, which was remodeled into a clubhouse. The clubhouse, named by Rav, is aptly called "Fort Venison." It is currently vacant as Venison is away, searching though the forests for Pavelle.

SPECIAL
STR-3
PER-7
END-3
CHA-4
INT-10
AGI-10
LUC-5
caelei

Post by caelei »

Buck, of course everything looks good on your sheet.
Hey Keesh, could you post Ven officially into the character list? (And I'd appreciate it if you put Rachav there, under Grif's NPC's...)

Also. Ace... Buck and D-Singer bring up some good points. Fleshing out your character isn't a bad thing, even if it does take more work to sit and type everything out... but in the end, it is more rewarding! You might be the type who wants to keep it vague so that you can "discover" your character as you go along, and that's fine as long as you remain consistent. But if you had a certain direction or idea for Fraxis, it's better to put it down somewhere so you don't accidentally forget it! The character sheet, sometimes, can be as much as a reference or "reminder" for its creator as for his peers.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)