This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Pet Friendly: Haven 
Author Message

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 48
Location: Your closet...
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Turning his gaze away from his admiing of the critter's home, he bore it down on the little rabbit as he arched a curious brow, his mind aching with questions that seemed almost childish. The wolf asked politely,

"Could you tell me more of your homeland, who you are, whose your leader...." his mind trailed off alongside his voice as he thought up new questions on the spot.

_________________
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN


Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:47 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Daxter wrote:
Turning his gaze away from his admiing of the critter's home, he bore it down on the little rabbit as he arched a curious brow, his mind aching with questions that seemed almost childish. The wolf asked politely,

"Could you tell me more of your homeland, who you are, whose your leader...." his mind trailed off alongside his voice as he thought up new questions on the spot.

"We don't all have leaders like you wolves. It's just me and my brother on our own since a hunter got our parents. and there's not much about this place to tell that you can't see for yourself." Jessica didn't really like answering questions. She preferred to be the one asking.
--------
Jack watched as Felix cooked, but he was more interested in the stove he was using than what was cooking. He'd never seen a human stove before.
He was still in wonder over it, wondering exactly how it worked, while Felix and Pavelle were talking.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:45 am
Profile YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
I grow tired of this discussion. Whip her or do not. After all. You are my superior, Lady Kikyo. I have no say in this matter if you wish to become involved."[/color] Rachav's ears were laid back, flat to her head. Her tone suggested that she was dropping the subject, but her fingers were still clenched against the tent she was holding.


As you wish Rachav-chan. Just know that i value your input and any concerns that you may have. I'll have a talk with Lord Griffon, and get his input on the matter.. I assure you, Swiftpaw will be taught to follow the rules.


caelei wrote:
Rachav carefully maintained the same bored tone. "We do not yet "have" this GSD. I think he rather despises the idea of our camp already." She shot an appraising look at North, sizing him up. After a moment, she corrected, "Or at least some aspects of it. As you said, he has been judging us. And I believe that we have come up short."


Lady Kikyo was glad that they had finally gotten to the new camp site. The baskets she was carrying were beginning to put a strain on her, feeling her muscles burn as the effort. This one is well hidden, not out in the open, like the one they were moving from.
Kikyo sets her packs down and looks North over.
Perhaps, perhaps not. Better for all of us that he figure out now that we are not right for him, when he can still go back to his human family. Than a few months from now, after we have invested in his training an support, and he will have no place to go back too. Is'n that right North-san?

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:38 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
There was a growing pile of supplies stacked much as they had been in the main camp, and a large amount of evidence suggesting that there had been others here recently, very recently. Though they didn't just mill about in the open, Rachav counted the "guards" that were stationed to watch over these supplies. One, two, three... at least eight of them, some lazing above in the trees, others barely concealed off in nearby bushes, waiting in case anything happened. There were plenty of feral packs around in these woods, the forest was very large, and though most of the larger packs didn't tend to migrate as much as Griffon's, that didn't mean they didn't send scouts out, scouts that could discover the location of a bunch of supplies in the woods (like these here) and send word back to their own pack. The guards here were insurance. It was their job to mislead scouts, send them sniffing in the wrong direction. Or, if necessary, to make sure they weren't able to send word back to base. Rachav flicked her eyes around once more, and then walked over to the pile and set her own things down in their respective places. Having set the rate of their trek, and because the walk here was downhill, she wasn't even breathing hard. Her muscles felt like she'd just got done stretching, warm and loose, and the feeling made her want to run as far and fast as she could, back to camp, to test her own competence. But she held herself back.

In fact. "We will have a couple minutes for everyone to prepare to make the hike back, and then we will start. The path back is uphill, so prepare yourselves. It will be a more rigorous walk, but at least you will not be bogged down with supplies."
Quote:
Perhaps, perhaps not. Better for all of us that he figure out now that we are not right for him, when he can still go back to his human family. Than a few months from now, after we have invested in his training an support, and he will have no place to go back too. Is'n that right North-san?

As she waited Rachav looked to the GSD. "I tend to agree with Lady Kikyo, on this point. It is better for you to decide now than wait and regret your indecision later." She used the same uninterested tone as before, the one she always used if she decided to be neutral on a subject, instead of hammering out the usual dogmatic opinions. "Are you or are you not going to stay? I warn you not to waste our time. Do not think you can join and then quit in a few days if you don't like it. I will not be happy if you cop out in such a way." She looked up at the position of the sun. It was afternoon, and still would be for a while. "I suggest you make your decision by dusk. We will not feed someone who is not one of our own."

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Keeshah wrote:
Perhaps, perhaps not. Better for all of us that he figure out now that we are not right for him, when he can still go back to his human family. Than a few months from now, after we have invested in his training an support, and he will have no place to go back too. Is'n that right North-san?


"Well..." North paused. "Going back was never one of my options. If I don't find a place here then..." He looked around. 'Maybe somewhere else."

caelei wrote:
"I suggest you make your decision by dusk. We will not feed someone who is not one of our own."


North nodded. "Yeah..." He wanted to postpone as much as he could, even though he wasn't sure why. But her comment reminded him of how hungry he was. He still hasn't eaten anything today and lunch time and come and gone...

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:47 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Roarin wrote:
caelei wrote:
"I suggest you make your decision by dusk. We will not feed someone who is not one of our own."


North nodded. "Yeah..." He wanted to postpone as much as he could, even though he wasn't sure why. But her comment reminded him of how hungry he was. He still hasn't eaten anything today and lunch time and come and gone...


Lady Kikyo, stretched, her old bones snapping and popping something fierce.
Ah that feels so much better.
She turns to the two dogs with a bow.
Please excuse my abstinence, but i must go have words with Lord Griffon on are other matter. I leave you on Rachav's quite capable claws, and i trust that you will make the correct decision for yourself.
And the old akita prances off soundlessly through the leaves and underbrush, in search of where Griffon now was at.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:17 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
Ah that feels so much better.
She turns to the two dogs with a bow.
Please excuse my abstinence, but i must go have words with Lord Griffon on are other matter. I leave you on Rachav's quite capable claws, and i trust that you will make the correct decision for yourself.

Rachav ducked her head in her own approximation of a bow, then turned to the GSD after Lady Kikyo had trotted off. She waited for a moment, ears perked up, then asked directly, "What do you think of Griffon? And of the old Akita? Our camp's Lady Kikyo." She said 'Lady' in the tone that one does a title, like 'sir' or 'miss'. Her eyes stared at North's own, waiting for his answer. Interested in what he thought not of the camp itself, but of the 'higher ranking' members. She was not one to beat around the bush in conversation. She wanted to know his opinion. She expected him to answer.

A moment later, she added, offhand, "Tell me when you're ready to get moving once more. We would not want to waste too much time here, drawing attention to this place."

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:04 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
North watched as Kikyo left. There was a correct answer?

caelei wrote:
Rachav ducked her head in her own approximation of a bow, then turned to the GSD after Lady Kikyo had trotted off. She waited for a moment, ears perked up, then asked directly, "What do you think of Griffon? And of the old Akita? Our camp's Lady Kikyo." She said 'Lady' in the tone that one does a title, like 'sir' or 'miss'. Her eyes stared at North's own, waiting for his answer. Interested in what he thought not of the camp itself, but of the 'higher ranking' members. She was not one to beat around the bush in conversation. She wanted to know his opinion. She expected him to answer.


North was surprised by the question. He scratched the back of his head, trying to think of what to say. "Well..." He looked at Rachav. "Truthfully..." He started with Griffon. "Griffon... I'm not sure what to make of him. I mean... he doesn't look like the... toughest dog. But everyone seems to listen to him. He seems like a dog who knows how to get what he wants." Now, moving on the to the Akita. "Kikyo..." The GSD flattened his ears and raised them up and second later, trying to formulate his thoughts. "I'm not sure if she's really nice, or really scary." He hasn't known them long enough to fully characterize them. North had abandoned the "tough dog" act. Mostly because he realized he didn't have to act that way right now. But either way, whenever someone asked him for his opinion, he always spoke his mind. "Wait..." He looked quizzically at the Doberman. "Why do you ask?"


caelei wrote:
A moment later, she added, offhand, "Tell me when you're ready to get moving once more. We would not want to waste too much time here, drawing attention to this place."


"I'm ready whenever you are."

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Lady kikyo, having tracked down Griffon among the mess of stacked boxes and tents, now hidden in a canopy of a dense wooded area.
Lord Griffon, I bed pardons, may i speak with you?
She asks at having found him.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
A couple of thoughts went through Felix's mind, one fo them somewhat predatory in nature but... it'd probably scare the little raccoon. Then he heard her stomach growl and got an idea to distract her. Food was very, very important afterall. This of course, made something to nibble on the perfect distraction and once she was distracted, well, that was the very end of that. "Ah, I hear a rumbling belly" he said, reaching into his den, he grabbed a little high-energy 'survival' bar, then closed and locked the door. These bars were... made from anything and everything, but, packed enough energy to make a cub richochet of the walls for a month. That said, they were perfect as bait and for this particular scenario. "This should hold you over for a bit." He have the bar to Pavelle.

Without warning then, Felix snatched up Pavelle like a lightning bolt. He was very, very fast. When you hunted smaller prey, you had to be as they could make very quick movements themselves. He shifted around to hold her in one arm while the other got the soup, he smiled a mildly predatory grin. "You weren't asking, I was offering" he said, "and sometimes Predatory animals don't take 'no' for an answer."

With that out of the way, he looked towards the forest and figured the stealthiest, yet, fastest way back to the wolf.

OOC: I couldn't help it... I had to throw in SOMETHING mildly predatory... :p


Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
"I'm ready whenever you are."

"Good. Let's go." Without further ado, Rachav began heading back the way they'd come, ducking through and around the tightly packed trees, bouncing a little on her paws as she walked as if testing the muscles and joints in her knees and ankles.

Quote:
"Well..." He looked at Rachav. "Truthfully..." He started with Griffon. "Griffon... I'm not sure what to make of him. I mean... he doesn't look like the... toughest dog. But everyone seems to listen to him. He seems like a dog who knows how to get what he wants." Now, moving on the to the Akita. "Kikyo..." The GSD flattened his ears and raised them up and second later, trying to formulate his thoughts. "I'm not sure if she's really nice, or really scary."

"Why do you ask?"

"Gathering intel," she said quite plainly. "I don't believe in wasting my time. So. The walk back would be a waste if I weren't doing something to further the camp. That is why I interview you. You have a unique perspective. I'm too close to the matter to view it objectively. So are all new recruits. You, however, are not a recruit, and you aren't already a member. So. You can give me information that I can think on later. Say, if Kikyo were too 'scary' for you and she put you off, I would simply keep her away from new recruits in the future until they were comfortable enough to be near her and not be cowed, or frightened. That way, camp life is more efficient. Griffon, however... Griffon I can't keep away from anyone, but at least I will know how he might be received. It is always good to check these things. They, for once, are not a matter of life and death, but they can still be, in some circumstances, useful."

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Lord Griffon, I bed pardons, may i speak with you?

Griffon looked up from the map he was studying. An outlay of the nearby land in the forest --including the most/least densely wooded areas, rivers and streams and other water sources, nearby human habitations, best hunting/foraging grounds, patrol paths and scouting districts, the latest locations of rival camps, and other notable landmarks-- was neatly drawn on a crumpled piece of paper by one of the more artistically savvy scouts. He carefully marked an area with a check from one of his claws, which had been dipped in berry stain, and then rolled and handed the map to a lurking cat, who accepted it, head bowed. "Survey the area marked and report to me by dusk. Take Kestrel with you." The cat ducked her head once and was gone.

That handled, Griffon looked once more to the old Akita. "Lady Kikyo. You may speak." He glanced around, frowning. "Wait a moment, if you will. I don't happen to see Rachav and that North GSD around. I hope he hasn't decided to leave us, after all...? The woods can be a dangerous place at night. And with that ankle..." He sighed, shaking his head. "But there I go, and you haven't had a chance to speak. Go on, Kikyo. I'm listening."

Meanwhile...
Despite the food just being some sort of energy bar, probably packed dense into a rectangle and dry as a rock, Pavelle's mouth still watered. She tried to not seem too eager as she took the bar, but her hands were nearly shaking. She was ravenous all of a sudden. So much so that she didn't see until too late what Felix was doing.

And then suddenly she was snatched from the ground, held tight under one of his arms. She didn't think about what she was doing, she just did it. She saw his smile, his teeth shining at her, and then she was twisting in his grip, trying to get leverage, and her arm was swinging up at his head. The arm that was attached to her hand, of course, and the hand that held not the energy bar, but the knife he'd given her. Gripped in her fingers as tight as her muscles allowed. She swung it at his face, hoping, hoping to make contact while still trying to squirm free, thinking maybe she could get away, thinking maybe that she could dump the hot soup on him and scald him or something, and use that as a distraction, to weaken him. She didn't have a chance if it came to a full-on fight, so she'd run as fast and hard as she could. If only she could get his face with this knife. It was her only chance. This knife that he'd given her...
This knife...

This... sheathed... knife...
She felt her heart go cold.

Oh, darn. She was so dead. Lunch. She was lunch.

((She's just so uptight! At least even if she manages to hit him, the knife's sheathed so it'll just bonk into his forehead or something.))

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:41 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
North followed the doberman back to camp. He stretched out his arms, reaching for the sky. He could probably take a few more trips back and forth but carrying the tent made his arms feel stiff (the stretching helped).

caelei wrote:
"Gathering intel," she said quite plainly. "I don't believe in wasting my time. So. The walk back would be a waste if I weren't doing something to further the camp. That is why I interview you. You have a unique perspective. I'm too close to the matter to view it objectively. So are all new recruits. You, however, are not a recruit, and you aren't already a member. So. You can give me information that I can think on later. Say, if Kikyo were too 'scary' for you and she put you off, I would simply keep her away from new recruits in the future until they were comfortable enough to be near her and not be cowed, or frightened. That way, camp life is more efficient. Griffon, however... Griffon I can't keep away from anyone, but at least I will know how he might be received. It is always good to check these things. They, for once, are not a matter of life and death, but they can still be, in some circumstances, useful."


North nodded. "Like a survey," The GSD didn't really see anything wrong with that. The best perspective probably would be from an outside source such as himself. He wasn't sure if Rachav had more questions for him, but he had some of his own. "So...how long have you guys been out here, as a group like this?" And speaking of new recruits. "How often do you usually get new members?". His body looked more relaxed now as he adjusted to the situation. Since this bunch didn't seem to want to cause him any harm, his mind was now more curious about this interesting group of animals, then it was focusing on leaving. He'd still have to work until sunset so, for now, he didn't have to worry about making any decisions.

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
That handled, Griffon looked once more to the old Akita. "Lady Kikyo. You may speak." He glanced around, frowning. "Wait a moment, if you will. I don't happen to see Rachav and that North GSD around. I hope he hasn't decided to leave us, after all...? The woods can be a dangerous place at night. And with that ankle..." He sighed, shaking his head. "But there I go, and you haven't had a chance to speak. Go on, Kikyo. I'm listening."

The old akita shook her head.
North hasn't left us, I don't believe he has anywhere else to go. I left him in Rachav care. I'd suspect she has him double time marching back to the old encampment by now.
Looking around, the two were no longer where she had left them.
The matter we need to discuss is about Swiftpaw. Rachav feels she needs to be punished, and i tend to agree. She did reveal her presence to North, something one of are scouts should never do, no one should ever know they were there. And then she brought this stranger into camp, unannounced and without proper back-up. But we couldn't come to an agreement on what the punishment should be.
Perhaps it's are fault for promoting such a young one into so many duties, just because were are so short pawed that we had too, because there was one on else with the training or ability to do the job.



********************

Swiftpaw in the meantime, had had it back into her scouting sector.
An was checking on her snare line. (empty) (empty) (empty) (sprang but nothing caught) (empty).. Sigh, looks like fish n' berries tonight for dinner.

Swiftpaw cocked her head, there was a faint buzzing off in the distance..
She didn't smell honey anywhere, that eliminated bees. hornets? No she would have seen them buzzing around if someone had stirred them up.. chainsaws? turning her ears forwards and to the sides to capture the sounds.. No humans on dirt-bikes! and coming this way!!
Swiftpaw buried herself into the pine-needles at the base of a pine tree, spying out from under the pine scented branches.
They were not the usual type, racing through the valley. these two were moving slower, stopping up on hills to look around. were they lost, or looking for something, or someone.
She lay still in the underbrush and waiting for them to go past. when they had gone out of sight, she bolted out from under the tree, at a full sprint. high tailing it back to the old camp, to send out the alarm.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:59 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
"Like a survey,"

"So...how long have you guys been out here, as a group like this?" And speaking of new recruits. "How often do you usually get new members?".

Rachav paused for a moment, considering, eyes sharp on North's face. But... what would it hurt? The information he asked for was not anything rival camps could not discover on their own. Harmless information. She would not be betraying the camp by telling him such things.
"This camp has not been in this area for long. A few months, at most. For many, many years it had a permanent location, near a place called Richardson Valley. Griffon was born into the camp down there, and is one of the oldest members of the camp still here." She stopped, considering. "I never thought to ask, but Kikyo might have been around longer. We are not very past-oriented here. We have to keep focused on the present. And, if we have the luxury, on the future." She stopped again, pondering. "But I have strayed from your question. This camp has been through a lot. Griffon is the most recent leader, but it has had many before him. I believe it first came into existence after a devastating earthquake a long time ago, that caused many, many pets to lose their homes and become separated from their owners. After that tragedy, many feral groups came into being through necessity. This camp was one of them, but one of the only camps that decided to head up the state, north, into the wilder areas where they could be away from human civilization. That must have been... close to twenty years ago, now. Griffon himself has ruled for a good half of his life. His father was leader before him. Though the transition from father to son was not one that the camp made smoothly. Griffon was not well accepted when he first came to leadership. But that's... another story. And one I will not tell you. Griffon's past is his to share." They were nearing the camp. Despite the way back being uphill, they'd made good progress. Rachav shot a look to North's wounded ankle, but he seemed to be much better. The healers had done a good job. Probably "walking it off" had helped, too. Or perhaps he'd simply forgotten about it. It was not unusual for one to become accustomed to a slight modicum of pain.

"Anyway, as for our recruitment. It just depends, and especially on the time of year. During the winter and fall, more animals usually join because they feel they have a better chance of surviving with the group than without. Those are generally animals who have turned wild and been away from their humans for a year or two, and know how hard living by oneself can be. Even though we're in "Sunny California" the mountains in this area dump a whole lot of snow and ice, and it gets very cold, food scarce. In the summer and spring, usually recruits come directly from nearby human habitations. Like you. Animals that have recently become strays, who are alone and frightened and unused/unable to living by themselves. Altogether, we'd probably get some 30 recruits per year, though not all of them would become full members. Some just can't adjust to the group mentality. And some are too detrimental to the group to be allowed to stay, and would have to be cut loose. Though now that we've come to a new location, all this might change. Our numbers might boom, or dwindle. It is uncertain which."

Meanwhile...
Quote:
The matter we need to discuss is about Swiftpaw. Rachav feels she needs to be punished, and i tend to agree. She did reveal her presence to North, something one of are scouts should never do, no one should ever know they were there. And then she brought this stranger into camp, unannounced and without proper back-up. But we couldn't come to an agreement on what the punishment should be.

"What were the suggested punishments? You said you both couldn't agree...? What was the difference of opinion? Rachav being too strict again?" Griffon shook his head, smiling slightly. But behind his smile his eyes were hard. He had not thought that Swiftpaw would betray them in this manner, even if she had thought she was doing good. This was serious. If she slipped up and did it again, and brought back a rival spy, or an undercover animal working for Animal Control or some such organization...
Though he supposed that was why he had dogs like Rachav, Kikyo. To babysit animals that might not be as they seemed, to evaluate them and deal with them accordingly.

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:36 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
"I never thought to ask, but Kikyo might have been around longer. We are not very past-oriented here. We have to keep focused on the present. And, if we have the luxury, on the future."


North grinned for the first time today. " 'We are here', right?"

caelei wrote:

"Anyway, as for our recruitment. It just depends, and especially on the time of year. During the winter and fall, more animals usually join because they feel they have a better chance of surviving with the group than without. Those are generally animals who have turned wild and been away from their humans for a year or two, and know how hard living by oneself can be. Even though we're in "Sunny California" the mountains in this area dump a whole lot of snow and ice, and it gets very cold, food scarce. In the summer and spring, usually recruits come directly from nearby human habitations. Like you. Animals that have recently become strays, who are alone and frightened and unused/unable to living by themselves. Altogether, we'd probably get some 30 recruits per year, though not all of them would become full members. Some just can't adjust to the group mentality. And some are too detrimental to the group to be allowed to stay, and would have to be cut loose. Though now that we've come to a new location, all this might change. Our numbers might boom, or dwindle. It is uncertain which."


North nodded. Richardson Valley... Maybe he's heard of it before, on a map somewhere? And how Rachav talked about animals coming here, it almost sounded like a refuge for ferals. As long as they abided to all their rules.

All that information was nice, but. The GSD scratched the back of his neck under his collar. "So, these summer recruits... Do they usually do well in the wild and in your camp?". He felt like he was circling around the question he would like the ask, but wasn't going to.

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:14 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Swiftpaw had by now gotten back to the old camp and raised the alarm, before heading down the trail to go to ground, crawling under a fallen tree. Pets went scurrying all over to gather up what they could, while others were using tree limbs to brush away all the tracks, hiding as best they could that the pack was ever there.

caelei wrote:
They were nearing the camp. Despite the way back being uphill, they'd made good progress. Rachav shot a look to North's wounded ankle, but he seemed to be much better. The healers had done a good job. Probably "walking it off" had helped, too. Or perhaps he'd simply forgotten about it. It was not unusual for one to become accustomed to a slight modicum of pain.


An orange tabby cat, came running down the path. the alert runner. Condition red! .. stopping by Rachav with a fast salute.
Dirt-bike riders.. two of them.. up along the ridge line.. scout reports they seem to be searching for something, not the normal joy riders.. haven't discovered the camp yet, but could if they turn down this way.. he salutes again, and takes back off running down the path without waiting for a reply, going off to alert the new encampment..


****************

caelei wrote:
"What were the suggested punishments? You said you both couldn't agree...? What was the difference of opinion? Rachav being too strict again?"


Rachav wants to pull her off both duties as hunter and scout, confining her to camp. An intensively retraining her in the duties of being a scout for a number of weeks.
But we can't lose one of are best hunters from the field for that long.
I humbly purposed they we have her tied to a tree in the camp, explain to her and the camp what was done wrong, and whip her so that she will remember to follow the rules of engagement. It will also be an example to the others that this kind of slip up will have consequences.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:24 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
North grinned for the first time today. " 'We are here', right?"

Rachav nodded her head slightly in acquiescence. "Exactly so." Despite herself, despite what she figured about this dog, despite her thinking that probably he was more trouble than he was worth... she found herself almost liking him. Almost. Especially since he didn't seem to care too much about how she herself acted. Most animals were put off by her demeanor. He didn't seem to mind. It was a little surprising, really. She wondered if she was going soft... She couldn't let that happen. She couldn't jeopardize the camp.
Quote:
"So, these summer recruits... Do they usually do well in the wild and in your camp?". He felt like he was circling around the question he would like the ask, but wasn't going to.

Rachav felt her eyes narrow slightly as she looked at North, her head cocking sideways just a tad. Hmm. Something. Something was... odd. She couldn't tell what. But something about his tone... She opened her mouth to answer, but suddenly--

The sound of crunching footsteps, fast, uneven, running, sprinting, and then--
A familiar orange tabby snapping a salute, Sneakers (a pet name that had somehow stuck in camp, probably because of its embarrassing nature), saying:
Quote:
Dirt-bike riders.. two of them.. up along the ridge line.. scout reports they seem to be searching for something, not the normal joy riders.. haven't discovered the camp yet, but could if they turn down this way..

Before tearing off through the woods, in the direction Rachav and North had just come from. Towards the new camp, to alert Griffon, who must've already moved down there.

Rachav paused for just a second, mind whirring, heart immediately picking up along with adrenaline, staring as though transfixed straight at North...
And then her grey eyes darkened, her brows coming down. Snapping to North, her voice even quieter than usual, ears perked up for any sound of the dirt-bikes, "Go off in that direction if you do not plan on staying with us and do not want to risk getting caught and taken home." Pointing in the opposite direction to camp, which is perpendicular to the new camp, so no worries about him being a danger to the new location. "If you want to stay, go back the way we came and be as quiet as possible. If you wish to help here, follow me. Do not make a sound. Make your decision now." Without waiting for his answer, she turned and sprinted off towards camp, sticking low to the ground, wishing it was night... running with skill that took years of practice and effort, so that she made the least possible amount of noise, hurtling through bushes and over exposed tree roots, a black-and-brown flash of speed. It was a fact that there were animals that were faster than her. In fact, there were some in camp who could outrun her any day, and she had terrible endurance. But when it came to grace, to being fast and nimble, bounding like a deer... Rachav was a step above the rest.

She had to make sure that those in the camp had someone to lead them, to take control so they didn't panic. To make sure that they were as quiet as possible, as fast as possible, that they loaded up with as many supplies that they could easily carry without becoming encumbered, and then send them to the new camp, where they should, should be safe... it was well protected from the dense trees in that area, impossible for a bike to get through, and a human on foot would be a sitting duck, even if they'd brought weapons... Send scouts to reel in the patrols and update them on the danger. Then if the humans were still around, dangerously close... if she had to she could try to lure them away. Let them catch a glimpse of her and then lead them away from camp, carefully toward the river or pre-made traps... and if all else failed she could attack, or let herself be captured. Perhaps they'd be so distracted by her they'd forget whatever it was they were here for, and that would buy Griffon time to move everybody, to inform everybody, and move the camp again so there was no chance to be found...

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Rachav wants to pull her off both duties as hunter and scout, confining her to camp. An intensively retraining her in the duties of being a scout for a number of weeks.
But we can't lose one of are best hunters from the field for that long.
I humbly purposed they we have her tied to a tree in the camp, explain to her and the camp what was done wrong, and whip her so that she will remember to follow the rules of engagement. It will also be an example to the others that this kind of slip up will have consequences.

"Rachav tends to overlook the fact that we're currently running low on muscle. That recent loss down in the Valley dealt quite a blow, one we haven't yet recovered from... and as a result, we are low on hunters and skilled scouts. In other circumstances, I would tend to agree with Rachav's plan of punishment, as I'm sure you understand. Under these conditions, however... probably a harsher, quicker form of punishment is called for. Kikyo, I have trust in you. If you believe that your Swiftpaw will learn her lesson from corporeal punishment, then please. Deal with her. However, do not advertise her punishment too widely in the camp. We still have some young recruits who would not understand such a necessity. And if that North GSD really is still around... better we not spook him."

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
And then suddenly she was snatched from the ground, held tight under one of his arms. She didn't think about what she was doing, she just did it. She saw his smile, his teeth shining at her, and then she was twisting in his grip, trying to get leverage, and her arm was swinging up at his head. The arm that was attached to her hand, of course, and the hand that held not the energy bar, but the knife he'd given her. Gripped in her fingers as tight as her muscles allowed. She swung it at his face, hoping, hoping to make contact while still trying to squirm free, thinking maybe she could get away, thinking maybe that she could dump the hot soup on him and scald him or something, and use that as a distraction, to weaken him. She didn't have a chance if it came to a full-on fight, so she'd run as fast and hard as she could. If only she could get his face with this knife. It was her only chance. This knife that he'd given her...
This knife...

This... sheathed... knife...
She felt her heart go cold.

Oh, darn. She was so dead. Lunch. She was lunch.

((She's just so uptight! At least even if she manages to hit him, the knife's sheathed so it'll just bonk into his forehead or something.))


The cat giggled a bit, this was kind of funny. Between the awkward angle and the relative weakness involved in the hit, well, it didn't hurt that much. So, with a rather firm grip, he moved the raccoon around until he was holding her, somewhat as if to burp her like a baby. "I'm not hurting you" he said, "but, I'm also not taking a 'no' on carrying you. I figure that you've done enough walking and you probably aren't that used to it. Besides, this will be faster." He then took off into the woods on the same sort of randomized path as before.

He moved his free hand around and tickled Pavel's paws, "besides, if I wanted to hurt you, I don't know that you'd have gotten this far, so, its fair to say, I'm not going to hurt you" he said, continuing along.


Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:24 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
"Go off in that direction if you do not plan on staying with us and do not want to risk getting caught and taken home." Pointing in the opposite direction to camp, which is perpendicular to the new camp, so no worries about him being a danger to the new location. "If you want to stay, go back the way we came and be as quiet as possible. If you wish to help here, follow me. Do not make a sound. Make your decision now."


Before North could say anything, the doberman was gone, leaving the GSD standing there, gaping (more or less...)
Wait wait wait... This wasn't how it was suppose to go. He was suppose to help move the camp until sunset, then he'd decide. SImple. But this? He tapped his foot on the ground for a few seconds, chewing his tongue. Was it worth his fur to help a group he hardly knew. It'd be easier to run. Get away to safety. Even with an injured foot (it still hurt but he was doing a good job of ignoring it). But of course there was that nagging feeling inside his brain. And with a long sigh he took off after Rachav (in a less 'graceful' manner). Besides... he already ran once. Even though he didn't know these guys that well, he wasn't gonna do it again (at least... not today).

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:33 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
razgriz wrote:
The cat giggled a bit, this was kind of funny. Between the awkward angle and the relative weakness involved in the hit, well, it didn't hurt that much. So, with a rather firm grip, he moved the raccoon around until he was holding her, somewhat as if to burp her like a baby. "I'm not hurting you" he said, "but, I'm also not taking a 'no' on carrying you. I figure that you've done enough walking and you probably aren't that used to it. Besides, this will be faster." He then took off into the woods on the same sort of randomized path as before.

He moved his free hand around and tickled Pavel's paws, "besides, if I wanted to hurt you, I don't know that you'd have gotten this far, so, its fair to say, I'm not going to hurt you" he said, continuing along.

Jack followed the cat and raccoon, still thinking about the stove. When it seemed like they were done talking, he decided to just ask about it. "So, what was that thing you used to cook the soup? How does it work?"

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:01 am
Profile YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
"Rachav tends to overlook the fact that we're currently running low on muscle. and as a result, we are low on hunters and skilled scouts. In other circumstances, I would tend to agree with Rachav's plan of punishment, But probably a harsher, quicker form of punishment is called for. Kikyo,


Just then Sneakers dashes in, panting heavily, as he doubles over. relaying the news of the motorized human scouts on the ridge-line, threatening to discover the old encampment.

Oh! that is most unfortunate! What could those bike riders be looking for? My lord, you think that they might be hunting for North?

*************

Swiftpaw had slipped out from her observation place under the fallen tree, to contact and redirect Ralf the black lab mix of the lower area patrol, sending them back to camp, away from the danger. But the bike riders were between her and the patrol up on top of the ridge.. Hopefully they would go to ground, and stay hidden until the danger pasts them up there.
Swiftpaw crawls back under the fallen tree out of sight, to keep watch on the bikers movements.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:06 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 48
Location: Your closet...
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Frowning, he looked at the little rabbit and gave sad nod, mournful for her parents' taking by the hunter and said,

"Are you and your Brother alright then, losing your parents must be tough, even if I know nothing of it," Rubbing his face with his paw, sitting in front of the little rabbit so he was at eye level, intrigued to knw more, even if she asn't comfortable.

_________________
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN


Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
And with a long sigh he took off after Rachav (in a less 'graceful' manner). Besides... he already ran once. Even though he didn't know these guys that well, he wasn't gonna do it again (at least... not today).

Rachav heard North begin to follow, running after her. She figured he'd catch up soon enough, even with his bad leg. If he could work through pain before, he could do it now. He had set the standard for himself.
Then she was bounding into camp. Immediately she took in the situation.
Animals were scurrying back and forth, scrambling to deconstruct tents, herding the younger members who hadn't yet experienced anything like this, scooping up armfuls of extra supplies or kicking dirt on low fires. A lot of were them wide-eyed but most were still doing their part. For a moment, Rachav felt a fierce pride swell in her chest; pride for these members who were handling the situation so well, even without explicit directions. Then the moment passed and the warm feeling was washed away by adrenaline, and she gave a short, sharp whistle. Every body paused, every head turning her way, surprise written on many of the faces.
"I want you to keep quiet! Don't talk unless you have to. Work as quickly as you can and try not to make much noise. And for Dog's sake, don't try to over-carry!" Pointing to a wiry little Labradoodle who had stacked baskets in his arms so high he could barely see or take a step. She waved a hand to encompass the seven or eight others around him. "You all keep doing as you're doing. Get those things, take down those tents and get to the new camp as fast as possible. You, you, you... get those pups out of here, now. Go. You and you, go out and track down any extra scouts or patrols who haven't checked back yet. And be careful. Don't let yourselves be seen. Those of you left, snuff out the fires and hide the ashes as best you can, and try to brush out paw prints leading to this spot. Pick up anything left behind. All of you, go!" The animals went back to work, some running off into the woods, others leading the kids to safety and getting them out of the way. The Doberman nodded once, surveying, then spun on her heel. Something had occurred to her. "North?" Rachav called, voice lowered to a hiss, "What do you know about this? Did you do this?" Striding back towards the GSD.

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Oh! that is most unfortunate! What could those bike riders be looking for? My lord, you think that they might be hunting for North?

Grif's ears perked towards Lady Kikyo, and his brows lowered dangerously. His eyes locked onto the panting tabby and he asked, "Who's handling the situation at the old camp? Are they cleared out? What's their status? Both of you, come. Sneakers, keep talking." Speaking as he strode to the middle of camp, looking at the guards pacing back and forth at the camp border, full of nervous energy. "You two," speaking to a grizzled fox and a younger Chihuahua-Terrier mix, "Head back to old camp. Help out where you can. Make sure everyone gets to this place. Be prepared to evacuate west towards the mountain ridge if the humans draw too close to this location, relay those warnings." The fox and dog headed out, kicking up dirt and grass behind them as they ran. Known for being quick on their feet, they'd be most useful transporting the others back, hurrying them along. "The rest of you, spread out. Guards on every side of this location. Eyes and ears open. Report to me directly if anything unwelcome gets too close." Finally he turned back to Kikyo. "Did North say anything about humans following him, looking for him? Did he make it seem like he'd be missed at home?" And then without pausing for a breath, to Sneakers, "I want you to find the scout who first laid eyes on these bikers, send them here to me. I need to hear the report firsthand, need to ask questions. If you have to, take their place. Make sure someone's keeping watch. Go, now. You'll have time to rest later." This whole response might seem a bit dramatic for just two bikers, but better safe than sorry. Griffon had learned that lesson the hard way, not too long ago.

Meanwhile...
Pavelle was just so surprised at how very ineffective her attack had been that she just let Felix shift her around, not even struggling anymore. At home she'd considered herself a force to be reckoned with. She could be effective at fighting if she had to be (though to be truthful she hadn't had too much application of her "skills"). Here... she was next to useless. She thought she'd understood that. She still had a lot to learn.

And then all of a sudden Felix was tickling her feet. She involuntarily drew her legs up away from him, wriggling. "NO, FELIX. NO. NO TICKLING." For a moment she almost felt like she was talking to her older brother. Magnus, who could scoop her up just as easily (if not easier than Felix had). Magnus, who had had to be taught over and over that no one, NO ONE, was allowed to tickle Pavelle. She'd whack Felix in the head again if he tried it some more. She was too ticklish to allow it.

She was glad when Jack brought up a different subject. "Yes! Yes, tell us about your oven, Felix." Hoping to distract him with conversation. And then when he was distracted... she could get out of his grip and prove to him that she could keep up (or be left behind). No. Don't think like that. She could keep up. She would. If only she could get down!

((Bad post :/ ))

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:02 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Daxter wrote:
Frowning, he looked at the little rabbit and gave sad nod, mournful for her parents' taking by the hunter and said,

"Are you and your Brother alright then, losing your parents must be tough, even if I know nothing of it," Rubbing his face with his paw, sitting in front of the little rabbit so he was at eye level, intrigued to knw more, even if she asn't comfortable.

"look, it was a while ago and I prefer to focus on the present. Can we just drop it?"

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:05 pm
Profile YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
The Doberman nodded once, surveying, then spun on her heel. Something had occurred to her. "North?" Rachav called, voice lowered to a hiss, "What do you know about this? Did you do this?" Striding back towards the GSD.


North shook his head vigorously, not wanting to violate the "Do not talk unless you have to", rule. But, he couldn't help thinking... Was someone following him? Did he just not notice? Did his owners do this? Probably not... But that didn't keep it from crossing his mind. The GSD looked at the calamity around him with an almost calm demeanor. His heart was racing and he felt adrenaline rushing through him. North has never seen an incident this big before (besides what they show on the TV). His instincts told him to help, but he waited for Rachav to give him something to do.

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 673
Location: I don't know, I have a box on my head..
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
[quote="razgriz"]Felix handed Conker the bucket, "No, I really don't," he said, "its one of those things that doesn't matter much to me so I tend not to think about it. I think there might be a handful near the creeks? Maybe some closer to the human cities."

"Well, thanks anyway.. I'll be ok in finding them.. Natural instinct and all that.."

He took the bucket from Felix and tried to hold the bucket in his tail, but couldn't really get a good grasp with it, So he just held it above his head and ran off..

"See ya guys!" He yelled as he ran off.

After about ten mniutes of running in the direction he remembered the wolf was in, he didn't find him..

"Well, I'm lost.." Connor sighed, looking around.

He put the bucket down and leaned against it, his arms were hurting now. He rubbed them and looked around again, he saw a good tree to search the area from and ran up it. At the top he scanned the perimiter with a paw above his eyes like a scout, in the distance southward from his position he saw a familiar tree.. It was is current house! He knew he was the right way! He hopped down the tree and retrived the bucket to headed toward his tree..

"HEY MR. WOLF! I got you a bucket from that lynx, uh, Felix! I think.. Connor shouted as he reached the tree.

He put the bucket down by the tree and hopped a little towards the berry bush.

"So, what's going on?" he said, putting his paws on his hips.

(Ooc: Sorry i've been away for so long! Had real stuff to do, but I have been checking up!)

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley!
Character Reference


Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
"Who's handling the situation at the old camp? Are they cleared out? What's their status? Both of you, come. Sneakers, keep talking."

I don't know who took command back there. No, not cleared out yet, they were just doing the grab n' go emergency evacuation. I did relay this report to Rachav and a stray dog on the trail to here. I guess they went on back to the old camp.

caelei wrote:
Finally he turned back to Kikyo. "Did North say anything about humans following him, looking for him? Did he make it seem like he'd be missed at home?"


I Apologize Lord griffon, I didn't get that far into his past. But i did get the feeling he is completely unwilling to return to his human home. he seems to be trying to decide on if he was going to join us, or tuff it out on his own in the wild.

caelei wrote:
to Sneakers, "I want you to find the scout who first laid eyes on these bikers, send them here to me. I need to hear the report firsthand


Find Swiftpaw..! Ghaah That is going to take a while to do.
Sneakers grumbles.
If i may humbly interrupt. Go to where you think she might be, and she will find you.

Kikyo turns to Lord Griffon, as Sneaker's runs back off up the trail again.
Perhaps are assessment of Swiftpaw was in error, apparently she can do thing right when she needs to.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:53 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 48
Location: Your closet...
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
The wolf nodded, turning his head away from the rabbit in embarrisment and replied,

"Sorry....I shouldn't have asked about them."

_________________
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN


Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Daxter wrote:
The wolf nodded, turning his head away from the rabbit in embarrisment and replied,

"Sorry....I shouldn't have asked about them."

Jessica sighed. "It's alright. It's an understandable question. I just can't show any weakness, you know? I have to keep a brave face for Jack's sake."

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:21 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
North shook his head vigorously... His instincts told him to help, but he waited for Rachav to give him something to do.

"Alright," Rachav breathed, but she kept her eyes on him a moment longer than necessary, before sweeping them over the camp once more. She thought about where she herself would be needed. She could stay and survey the camp... but now that she'd given them all orders, they should operate smoothly, unless a problem came up. And in this situation, if that happened (like if the bikers came too early) they should know to scatter into the woods, hide out until cleared, and then re-congregate at the new camp when the danger had passed. Her standing here watching wasn't going to help anything much. In fact... she'd do a lot more good standing somewhere else entirely.
Decision made, she turned her head and spoke in a whisper to North, a short, "Follow me." Then she headed out through one side of the camp, jogging so that North (with his bad ankle) could better keep up. The soft sounds of scuffling and scratching and movements from camp faded from Rachav's ears as she moved away. Good. The quieter the better.

However, she had to speak to tell North what to do. That couldn't be helped. "The bikers were up near the ridge line. There are multiple paths up in that direction that circle back to here. If the bikers see one such path, it is likely they'll follow it and be led straight back to camp. We need to watch those paths. There's no way to effectively destroy those paths in time, so in case of the bikers getting too close, we need to be there to divert them. If the bikers come this way, I will catch try to catch their attention and try to lead them away from the camp. If they continue towards camp, I will try other means to distract them. If that happens, I want you to stay hidden and, when the coast is clear, head back to camp and tell Griffon, from me, to move north. What we're doing out here is precautionary. They could very well never come near this place. But be on your toes." That being said, she immediately fell silent. Time to take up the role, even as they were moving, of sentry. All of her senses were directed to the forest around; nose snuffling for the unfamiliar scents of rubber and gasoline and metal, eyes looking for flashes of paint or reflected light, ears waiting for the dreaded noise of motor engines whirring and bumping along over the ground.

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Perhaps are assessment of Swiftpaw was in error, apparently she can do thing right when she needs to.

"Perhaps..." Griffon said. "Unless," he quipped a moment later, "These bikers are in fact after the GSD North, in which case Swiftpaw unthinkingly bringing him here has had more severe consequences than we originally predicted. Don't let her off the hook just because she's done something right. You can't let that overshadow the fact that she endangered us all."

The first groups of animals from the new camp should be arriving any moment, but in the meantime... Griffon still had the luxury of this topic of conversation. However, when the others arrived... they'd have to go into full lock-down, hiding supplies in nearby caches, little to no conversation, and keeping low and hidden, as a precaution until the bikers were well away. It wouldn't do to have them discover this place. That, in itself, was a danger. But if some knuckle-headed member of the camp thought he was doing good and harmed them, there would be even more severe consequences. The humans would leave this place injured by 'dangerous ferals' and would no doubt send in others to hunt down and disband the camp. Or, if they were too injured, they would not leave this place at all. And then it would be sure that others would come sniffing around, searching for 'missing persons'. That would just buy more trouble. If these two humans discovered the encampment, Griffon's only option would be to move again, and this time much further away. And that had it's own issues, all by itself. They could only do their best not to be spotted.

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 48
Location: Your closet...
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
He smiled and gave a warm pat on the little rabbit's back, hoping to help, smiling,

"It's alright, we all need to be strong at times."

_________________
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN


Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Well, first off, Felix found perhaps a weakness in the raccoon. Second, it was rather rare that he got to be playful in anyway, so, this opportunity was NOT going to be missed. With a tight grip, he held onto her and continued his tickling while he answered about the stove. "Its not an oven... and I am not entirely sure," he answered, "its something the humans designed, so, it likely uses metals that are not easily acquired as part of it, as, it'll burn ANYTHING, so, the combustion chamber in it must have several parts to aersolize liquids and to just contain ordinary fires." He paused to think, "the part that outputs their electricity, I believe, uses the movement of hot air... Maybe, I'm not entirely sure... Its just better than a traditional cooking fire as it is much warmer and more controlled. Less smoke too."

As he somewhat fought against the squirming Pavelle, he began to worry about dropping the soup, so, he sat the pot down and looked at the rabbit. "Think you can carry soup?" he asked, "this is a little bit trickier to tickle and carry than I had thought."

OOC: I have a friend IRL who is super-ticklish... therefore she MUST be tickled... I think Pavelle will befall the same fate if Felix has anything to say about it.


Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
North nodded and followed Rachav as silently as he could. The GSD couldn't help but feel excited. Events like this never occurred in the life of a pet (except on TV). But each silent step he made had to be consciously deliberate, so as not to stomp on any twigs or dead leaves. He went over the plan in his mind just to make sure he didn't forget.

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:17 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17063
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Daxter wrote:
He smiled and gave a warm pat on the little rabbit's back, hoping to help, smiling,

"It's alright, we all need to be strong at times."

Jessica smacked the wolf's paw away. "I still can't be 100% sure that you don't want to eat me, so would you mind keeping your distance?"
----------------
razgriz wrote:
Well, first off, Felix found perhaps a weakness in the raccoon. Second, it was rather rare that he got to be playful in anyway, so, this opportunity was NOT going to be missed. With a tight grip, he held onto her and continued his tickling while he answered about the stove. "Its not an oven... and I am not entirely sure," he answered, "its something the humans designed, so, it likely uses metals that are not easily acquired as part of it, as, it'll burn ANYTHING, so, the combustion chamber in it must have several parts to aersolize liquids and to just contain ordinary fires." He paused to think, "the part that outputs their electricity, I believe, uses the movement of hot air... Maybe, I'm not entirely sure... Its just better than a traditional cooking fire as it is much warmer and more controlled. Less smoke too."

Jack tilted his head to the side and said "I have no odea what half of those words mean."

razgriz wrote:
As he somewhat fought against the squirming Pavelle, he began to worry about dropping the soup, so, he sat the pot down and looked at the rabbit. "Think you can carry soup?" he asked, "this is a little bit trickier to tickle and carry than I had thought."

"Sure," he said as he picked up the pot.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:03 pm
Profile YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
Time to take up the role, even as they were moving, of sentry. All of her senses were directed to the forest around; nose snuffling for the unfamiliar scents of rubber and gasoline and metal, eyes looking for flashes of paint or reflected light, ears waiting for the dreaded noise of motor engines whirring and bumping along over the ground.


Swiftpaw was shadowing after the bikers, staying in the ravines and pushing through the bushes and thickets, getting burs and sticks stuck to her fur to stay out of sight. there going to be a pain to remove later.
The bikers were staying up on the ridge line, it was obvious to Swiftpaw they were trying to extend there visual range by being up that high on the ridge line. Fortunately they there consistent moving to the next hill or rise, then stopping to look around. before moving along again, which was allowing her to keep them in sight.

caelei wrote:
Meanwhile...
Quote:
Perhaps are assessment of Swiftpaw was in error, apparently she can do thing right when she needs to.

"Perhaps..." Griffon said. "Unless," he quipped a moment later, "These bikers are in fact after the GSD North, in which case Swiftpaw unthinkingly bringing him here has had more severe consequences than we originally predicted. Don't let her off the hook just because she's done something right. You can't let that overshadow the fact that she endangered us all."


Lady Kikyo looks disbelievingly at Lord Griffon.
I must humbly disagree. The bikers would have been a danger, even if Swiftpaw had handed North off to a local wide patrol, and reported the capture back to the camp like she should have. He would have still been here in camp as before, when the bikers showed up. Really, that could happen with any former pet we take into the camp.
I would have more expected Rachav to try to hang something like that around Swiftpaw's neck, than you.

Folding her arms across her broad chest, as if almost daring him to continue along that line of thought.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:06 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
"With a tight grip, he held onto her and continued his tickling while he answered about the stove.

Think you can carry soup?" he asked, "this is a little bit trickier to tickle and carry than I had thought."

"Put. Me. DOWN." Pavelle wheezed, wriggling even more now, squirming around, kicking her feet uselessly, anything to get him to stop tickling her. There were tears coming to her eyes now, and it was getting hard to breathe through the laughter that tried to claw itself free from her chest. No! She would not fall victim to this! No one would take her seriously! The wild wasn't a place for tickling! Back home hadn't been, either! Nowhere was!
"Felix," she gasped, warning. Maybe logic would work. She had to hope it would! "I can't-- eat-- that bar-thing if you won't-- stop-- tickling me!" Between her pants for air and body spasms.

Meanwhile...
Rachav continued her jog, heading towards the ridge, then abruptly veered to the left, grabbing North's arm, tugging him after her as she fought her way into some nearby bushes. She easily found a place where they could comfortably stay and remain hidden, even in the midst of the leaves and sticking branches. Rachav knelt down, chest heaving (but more from her pumping blood than the run), and said, "We're here. The paths are mainly to the west." Pointing in that direction. "They are not too visible --the camp has not been in this location long-- but the bikers might still see them, especially if they are trained to do so, or used to hunting." She said the last word rather sharply, not liking the idea of the camp, the camp that was hers and that equally owned her, being cast into the role of prey. They had been before, and it was always more dangerous when it was humans doing the hunting. Other feral packs would fight them, yes, try to hurt them. But there were worse things to lose than your life, or a little blood. There was your identity. And especially your purpose. Without which, you might as well be dead.
Well, it was Rachav's purpose now to protect this camp. No matter what. She wouldn't let anyone take that away from her.
"There is a ridge-line running west, north of here. The bikers are supposedly following that line. The mountains up there will cast back their sound, and the foliage here is not very dense. We will probably hear them long before they arrive in this area. Tell me the instant you hear anything."

Meanwhile...
Quote:
I must humbly disagree. The bikers would have been a danger, even if Swiftpaw had handed North off to a local wide patrol, and reported the capture back to the camp like she should have. He would have still been here in camp as before, when the bikers showed up. Really, that could happen with any former pet we take into the camp.
I would have more expected Rachav to try to hang something like that around Swiftpaw's neck, than you.

Any humor that was in Griffon's face leaked out. "The patrol that would have been sent to retrieve the GSD, Kikyo, would have lengthened the amount of time that they observed the GSD before bringing him back to camp. True, they would probably have brought him here regardless. But, they might have taken up to half a day observing him, learning his habits, his mood, his personality when he was left to his own devices, instead of rushing in to help him at the first sight of his need. In extreme cases they might not have even brought him here, deeming him a threat, even without knowing that bikers were on his trail. Swiftpaw effectively eliminated that option when she approached him from the get-go. North might have wandered miles more away on his own, even with an injured ankle. If the bikers were following him, they might have been lead away from camp, instead of to the heart of it. Even if the patrols would have decided to bring him here, then it would've been based on a group decision, and not on one young scout's head. If Swiftpaw had stayed in her place, even if North had still been brought here immediately, we wouldn't be having this conversation because it wouldn't have been her fault. You are letting your affection for Swiftpaw blind your judgement." He paused, eyes glinting, and then some of the hard edge went from his voice and his expression softened once more. "Regardless," he said, "The bikers are here, now." He stopped for a moment, thinking about what he'd just said. He rubbed the back of his neck with one paw. "Though perhaps Rachav has been rubbing off on me."

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
"Good point" Felix said, moving her around to hold her in both arms, "I shall have to tickle you later... But, that doesn't mean I'm not carrying you back to the wolf." He continued to move on, examining the woods as he took his windy path back to where they'd come from. "So, when do you suppose your brother will come looking for you? And if he doesn't find you by nightfall, where will you stay?"


Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:00 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
North nodded in acknowledgement. "Okay." He glanced at the doberman for a second, studying her focused expression. He wasn't sure what was going on in Rachav's head, but he knew she had a lot on the line. And he'd try the best he could to help her. Not because he cared, but because he didn't want himself to be the reason the bikers found the camp.... And maybe cause he cared... (alittle). He looked around, watching and listening for any signs of unusual noise.

_________________
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Last Magazine - Micheal Hastings

Ref Ref!

Terra Ridge OOC


Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 pm
Profile
Juicy Wolf-Cat
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:59 am
Posts: 2350
Location: Richardson Valley
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
He was NOT cut out for this.

The act of following Pavelle- such was more than easy enough to accomplish. Tracking wasn't difficult, figuring out trails and noting Pavelle and Felix did not return with Mangus wasn't difficult. Compared to acquiring very specific medication for Pavelle's mother, the task at hand wasn't difficult in the slightest.

Being prepared to follow, however, was not working out for Venison. Trekking was difficult, at least to a Venison with a cross-country backpack. Wilderness survival wasn't fun, but it probably would have been much less of a load, if a load at all. This was the sixth time he had to stop and rest to catch his breath- and he was surprised it was only his sixth, with the amount of gear crammed into his backpack. In all honesty, Venison was surprised how extensive that Pet Shop in Richardson Valley was. An internal-frame pack for pets? And tents for pets? As frivolous as that was for humans to buy, He wasn't complaining, considering they did exist for him to purchase. They were smaller, lighter, and actually possible to fit and carry along. He didn't need them- but he wasn't going to just leave his valuable tools and supplies behind in Richardson Valley, and he couldn't carry it all in his cargo pants. He might as well make use of the extra space with extra supplies that couldn't be found in the wild.

He pushed his new glasses back up the bridge of his muzzle. Rav would be safe; he would be cared for and watched over by Sara. Others had owners as well. Pavelle was smart, and could certainly hold her own away from home- but so could Felix. All too well. Felix was a tricky one; Felix was the reason Venison had packed for a possible extended stay. It may be hard to deal with Felix, he reasoned. Felix, Venison believed, was a major reason why Pavelle did not return home, considering neither of them returned.

Venison stood. He had to press on forward, despite the load. The longer he delayed, the worse his chances were, of course. He hadn't had friends for several years, and he wasn't about to let some wild animal come out of the woods and take one of them away.

He just hoped there wasn't too many raccoons in this forest leaving tracks- it's not like he had memorized Pavelle's exact pawprint, something he noted that he WOULD do, when given the next chance.
___________
(Quick Stats for Ven: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-4 I-10 A-10 L-5. Character sheet and Sig will get updated sooner or later...)
(AND SO IT BEGINS. Just an intro post for Ven. He'll come around on his own once current situations die down a bit, or someone can come and find him.)

_________________
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack


Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3774
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
Meanwhile...
"There is a ridge-line running west, north of here. The bikers are supposedly following that line. The mountains up there will cast back their sound, and the foliage here is not very dense. We will probably hear them long before they arrive in this area. Tell me the instant you hear anything."

Wurrr Wurrr Wurrrrrrrrrr.. (echo: wurr wurr wurrrrrrr) silence ......
Wurr Wurr Wurrrrrrrrrrr (echo: wurr wurr wurrrrrrrrr) silence again..


Swiftpaw panted, after having run after the motorized human scouts. creeping back up to peer over the edge of a ravine, wishing she too had a noisy metal horse to ride on.
One was holding one of those talking boxes to his ear.. Carp!.. Was he talking to his base, or another motorized scout team?
Swiftpaw spun around watching the ridge line behind her scanning the horizon behind and around her, nothing in sight. She then scanned the sky, she had gotten darted by a Ranger helicopter last year, because she didn't see airborne things as a threat before.

caelei wrote:
Meanwhile...
He paused, eyes glinting, and then some of the hard edge went from his voice and his expression softened once more. "Regardless," he said, "The bikers are here, now." He stopped for a moment, thinking about what he'd just said. He rubbed the back of his neck with one paw. "Though perhaps Rachav has been rubbing off on me."


I would not let it worry you, some times that is a good thing.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.