Burning Desire: The Power Within

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Re: Burning Desire: The Power Within

Post by 0404 »

Fresh New Banner!!
I know Bino is supose to be suprised but let say he just closed his eye after he realized what was going on.
Awsome looking Original Art is by Scratch, thanks to him. :D
just throw this baby in to yor signature

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tvGpQle6W0o/UBTAsGiXaeI/AAAAAAAAA9U/rXk2mXOvu2Y/s468/banner-5.jpg[/img

just add ']
' at end of code.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hey everyone!
I just improved my banner that had Kyria and Bino kissing!
Well, I actually just made the picture better so now it doesn't look so ugly. But that's improvement though.

I will be posting this new one up on the first post and removing the old one for good. If you would like it, go there,
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, I'm working on the next update. I'm not really that far along... But I'm working on it.

The time I have to work on my two fics here had been drastically reduced due to bandcamp starting. Before, I could work whenever I wanted. But now I not only have to spend time at school during practice, but I also have to memorize a lot of new music for the upcoming marching season. And remember some music that I should know but forgot... :oops: So that's taking up my time too.

As for the upcoming update, it's going to be very different than how I first planned it. I was going to have an emotion filled update as Peanut tried to deal with his feelings for Grape after seeing Kyria kiss Bino at the party, even though everyone thinks Kyria kissed him as part of a bet or something.

I just couldn't get the motivation for it, or even feel like I could get Peanut right. I did a pretty bad job in my first attempts at writing with getting King and the police dogs right. Now that I look back on it, I feel I could have done a much better job, and I want to do a good job now. I'm not telling what the update will be about, but it will still have Peanut and Grape in it, and I think I can finally have a chance to work with some of Rick's characters and actually have them act like they do in the comic. Or try and have them do so anyway.

So, as much as I would like to, I can't say when it will be out. But it will be eventually. Once the actual school year starts and I get through the first week of figuring out where my classes are and getting to know my new teachers and all of that beginning of the year stuff, I should be able to work on this on a regular basis again.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Will have to wait this one too then
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Welp, we will be waiting for the new update, but take your time! We are a patient lot here.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

JeffCvt wrote:
I just couldn't get the motivation for it, or even feel like I could get Peanut right. I did a pretty bad job in my first attempts at writing with getting King and the police dogs right. Now that I look back on it, I feel I could have done a much better job, and I want to do a good job now. I'm not telling what the update will be about, but it will still have Peanut and Grape in it, and I think I can finally have a chance to work with some of Rick's characters and actually have them act like they do in the comic. Or try and have them do so anyway.
And that sums up how I feel about my fanfic half of the time.

but don't worry your portrayal of the characters wasn't that bad, and even if you feel that it was, just remember that you can't screw up as bad as I did on my first comic with Peanut and Grape. I swear I smelled the torches of a lynch mob. :)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright everyone.

It's been over a month since my last update that I had on Everchanging Hearts. I have yet to have such a long period of time between updating. Before now, the longest has been 2 weeks I believe.

While I hate to do this, I am going to be putting Burning Desire and Everchanging Hearts on hold for a while. I just have so much to do that I can't find time to write without feeling like I would be forcing myself to do something that would be a lower quality than I would prefer to put out.

I have most of the next update for here finished, and I will try to finish and have that up soon. But once I am done with that, I will take a break for a while.

When school started, I thought that my stress levels would go down because of the reduction in work (Like, earn money kind of work) that I would be expected to do. But if anyone has read my most recent post in the Band topic in the Not the Comic section, you can see that different stuff has come up. And not only is this stuff starting to stress me a little, but it's also making me feel sort of depressed. And this is scaring me because I don't get depressed. While tonight is the first night I have really felt like this, it has me worried. I usually come out of a depressed feeling within an hour or two, but I have been like this for four or so hours. And I have been trying to get out of it, but nothing is working.

It's not that I don't enjoy writing this anymore or that two fics are just too much for me to handle, but it will just be one less thing to worry about while I sort through everything going on in band. I could go into detail about what is going on, but I'll just say we need to get our act together.

I hope everyone understands, and I will have the next part out soon, but after that I don't know how long it will be before I start again.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

you don't have to worry, I perfectly understand what you're going through. Just don't overstress yourself and remember, we will be as patient as long as you ask us to be.
Karl

Post by Karl »

At this point it will be better for you if you will take a longer rest from writing and wait until you will feel that your batteries have been charged.
All I can say about depression is not to allow it to absorb you. If you will keep worrying that your depression is not passing, it will only intensify grip over you. Try to think positively of you can. Also you may try to talk with your closest friends about it so they can give you some positive energy. A lot of us have bad days, but think like this - after bad days there always must be moment when finally a good day will come.
We will wait, don't worry :) Your condition is most important.
I'm a bookworm!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Thanks guys.

I feel a little better today, not really depressed, but I still feel down. I have off from school tomorrow and will be doing some work over the three day weekend. That should help a lot, just do something that gets my mind off of all of this. Then a parade on Monday (With the band). I'm hoping that will be alright, but I'll just have to see on Monday. Then Tuesday I have my favorite class of all in school and no matter what happens on Monday, that will make me feel better.

I won't get beat by depression that easily. Like I said, I don't become depressed. I used the word, but it wasn't really depressed. I was heading there if I didn't get out of it, but like I already said, I'm feeling a little better today.

Thanks for your understanding and everything.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Take your time man, be sure to enjoy every little things.
You'll find what you lost.

Take care, and dont worry
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, that one update I said I would have before I stopped is almost done.

Some of the stuff in band is just as bad or even worse than before, but I feel a lot better overall. I've been able to work on it in my spare time in school and it's actually looking to be pretty long compared to the usual length of my updates.

It's looking like it will be done sometime Saturday, so look for it then.

After that, I will probably work on the next update for Everchanging Hearts. I found that working on my fic is a good way to just tune out the rest of the world for a little while and has actually helped me out. Just don't expect me to turn them out fast.

Well, see you all back here Saturday.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Cool, Ill be waiting patiently untill then!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

We are good. We can wait for awesomeness.
My characters
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

will be here
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, I've finished my handwriten notes, now I need to just type them up.

This will be longer than usual judging by my notes. I normally have 13-17 pages per update, but this one has 26. And I think you will all find it worth the wait.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

yay!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, here it is after an entire month of nothing.
I hope you all enjoy it, and I'm sorry for not having this a few days ago like I said I would. This was twice as large as my normal updates, and was a lot more work to type up than I thought it would be.

Enjoy

Peanut woke up to a bright, sun filled day.

He had made sure not to over sleep today, he wanted to be awake to enjoy as much of it as possible.

“Grape!” Peanut ran through the house calling her name, trying to find where she was.

When he found her, she was already on the couch, taking a nap. Some days Grape amazed Peanut with how much she could sleep.

“Grape! GRAPE!” Peanut yelled and shook her, but she didn’t wake up. Or she at least did a good job of looking like she didn’t wake up. Either way, Peanut decided to give it one last try.

“GRAPE!!”

“Uhh… What does a cat have to do to sleep in around here?”

“You’re awake!” Peanut exclaimed as he jumped up and down excitedly.

Grape didn’t share his enthusiasm. “Yes, for the moment anyway. What is it?”

“Don’t you know what today is?”

Grape seemed to think for a second before saying “No. And unless I forgot something Pridelands related, I don’t want to hear it right now.” Grape turned back over and laid down on her side once again.

“But-”

“I don’t want to hear it Peanut. It’s too early.”

Peanut simply walked away. He knew better than to argue with Grape once she lies back down. Even if today was his birthday.

Oh well. He thought. Grape isn’t a morning person anyway. She’ll probably remember once she actually gets up.

As he walked into the kitchen, Peanut saw Jill cooking breakfast.

“Good morning and happy birthday.” she said as she turned back to the stove.

“Thanks Mom!” Peanut said as he reached to get a bowl for his breakfast.

“What are you doing?” Jill asked when she saw him reaching for the bowls.

“I’m… getting some cereal?” Peanut didn’t know what to say.

“Not today.” Jill said with a smile as she turned back to the stove. “I’m making you a hot breakfast this morning as a special birthday treat.”

“Really?”

She nodded her head. “It’s almost finished; just a few more minutes.”

Wow. Peanut thought as he got a plate instead of a bowl. Judging by this morning alone, this is going to be a great birthday.

-----

After finishing his breakfast, Peanut checked one last time to see if Grape was awake, and then set out to go to the GODC clubhouse when he saw that she still wasn’t.

There wasn’t a meeting today, but even so, you could usually find a few of the members there during the day. It was a place to hang out when you had nowhere else to go. Bino would never admit it, but the club got just as much use when he wasn’t giving some long, over-exaggerated speech than when he was.

As he walked down the street, Peanut noticed several dogs from the GODC waving at him, but none that he knew personally. He could recognize them all by face and knew most of their names, but not much else.

While they all probably knew who he was too, Peanut couldn’t find a reason why they would be waving at him. It was true that today was his birthday, but these dogs really didn’t have a reason to know that. Peanut certainly didn’t know when their birthdays were.

Maybe someone told them it’s my birthday? But who would? And why? I’ve seen most of these dogs on the street before, but I’ve never had so many of them waving at me in a single day.

No matter how much he thought, Peanut could not find a reason for why everyone would suddenly become interested in his birthday. Or why someone else would tell everyone. In the end he decided to just wave back to everyone and enjoy the attention. Whatever the reason was, he would probably find out soon enough anyway.

-----

As Peanut walked up to the clubhouse, he noticed Fox was standing in front of the door. He almost seemed to be zoning out.

“Hey Fox!” Peanut said as he walked up.

“Wha- Oh, Peanut. You startled me a little bit there.” Fox said as he straightened himself up. “What are you doing here at the clubhouse?”

“I was only coming to see who was here. Why are you standing in front of the door?”

“Well, I’m not really supposed to tell anyone, but Joey and some of his friends have a role-playing thing going on. I’m not sure of the details, but I think they are even using costumes and props and stuff like that.”

Peanut tried to look into one of the windows, but there was a curtain pulled across it to prevent anyone from looking in.“Wow, I knew that they were all into role-playing, but I didn’t think they did that kind of stuff.”

Fox nodded his head. “Yea, they don’t want anyone to interrupt, so they asked me to stand out here and watch the door.”

“NO!” Peanut heard Bino yell from in the clubhouse. “Take that and put it there! How many times do I have to tell you!?”

“And Bino is helping them out.” Fox added quickly.

“Huh.” Peanut said as he scratched his head. “I never thought Bino was the type to do that sort of thing.”

“Well, normally he’s not. I think he’s only doing this as a favor to Joey for helping him out with a personal matter. I don’t have any details, but it must have been something big if Bino’s doing this now.”

“Maybe.” Peanut said as he took a step back. “Well, in any case I should be going. It sounds like I shouldn’t be hanging around today. I guess I can just come back… tomorrow.”

“Alright, see you then.” Fox said as Peanut turned around and walked away.

-----

Peanut walked down the sidewalk he had walked up only minutes before.

Where can I go now? He thought as he waved at another dog. I didn’t really have any plans for today other than playing with Grape and going to the GODC. Grape probably isn’t up yet, she seemed determined to sleep the entire morning.

… Maybe I can go to Tarot’s house and see what she’s up to. Now that I think about it, she did say she wanted to see me today. Maybe she has a birthday present for me.
Peanut chuckled to himself. At the very least she’ll wish me a happy birthday. She’s my psychic girlfriend. There’s no way she’ll forget.

Peanut turned left at the next street as he headed toward his girlfriend’s house.

-----

“Hello, Tarot?”

Peanut walked into the living area at Tarot’s house. Unlike most houses, this space was devoid of any furniture.

“Tarot?” Peanut called out again.

“I’m in here!” he heard her yell from another room.

Peanut followed the voice into the room that Tarot kept most of her fortune-telling things.

“I’m glad you’re here Peanut.” She was running around, grabbing different objects and arranging them in a seemingly random manner around the room. “Spirit Dragon needs me in the spirit realm as soon as I can get there.”

“A-alright.” Peanut didn’t know what to say, Tarot didn’t usually tell him when she was about to go and do something in another realm. She would just go and do what she needed to.

Of course, today was his birthday. She probably wanted to apologize for not being able to do something with him on it. But before he could say anything else, Tarot continued saying “I’m sorry I have to go on such short notice. I’m glad you came by so I could tell you that I probably won’t be back in time for out date on Monday.”

“You… just wanted to let me know you would be missing our date? Nothing else?”

There was a little disappointment in Peanut’s voice, but Tarot didn’t seem to notice it as she stopped for a second. “I don’t think so. We did set that date up already, right? I could have sworn that we did.”

“Yea, we did.” Peanut said. “Uh, when are you leaving?”

“As soon as Sabrina gets here.” Tarot started to push him back toward the front door. “I would love for you to stay, but that would be dangerous for someone with no real experience in the supernatural.”

“Alright.” Peanut said as he walked out of the house under his own power. “Then I guess I’ll see-” Peanut stopped talking when he turned and saw that Tarot had already shut the door.

I guess I’ll go to the park then…

I’m sure I’ll find someone there that I can play with.

-----

As Peanut walked toward the park, he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off. Something obvious. But no matter how much he thought about it, he just couldn’t put his finger on it. It wasn’t until he reached the park that Peanut realized what it was.

There were almost no dogs on the street or in the park. While today might not have been the nicest of all possible days that a dog could go out to play, it was still a decent day out and Peanut would have expected to see fifteen or so dogs in the park.

But right now he only saw two. And they were both heading out of the park, about to leave Peanut the only one there. Maybe some of the neighborhood dogs are having a party today? He thought as he sat down on a bench. I was hoping that I could find someone here to play with, but I guess that isn’t going to happen.

Peanut slumped a little in his seat. This is not how I wanted to spend my birthday. Grape is sleeping, Tarot is going to the spirit realm, the GODC is closed for the day, and the park is empty. The only other option I pretty much have at this time is to go home and sleep.

He sighed. Some birthday that would be.

By chance, Peanut looked out by the park entrance and saw Joey walk by it. “That’s strange; I thought Joey was at the GODC with his friends.” Peanut said to himself as he ran to go catch him.

“Joey! JOEY!” Peanut called once he got out to the street.

He could see Joey turn around to see who was calling his name. Peanut ran and caught up now that Joey was stopped for a few seconds.

“Hey Joey, I thought you were role-playing with your friends in the-” Peanut stopped talking for a second. It was only now that he noticed the look on Joey’s face. Something had gone wrong.

“Hey Peanut. I was, but they were all taking it way to seriously for it to be any fun.”

“They kicked you out?” Peanut asked.

“No.” Joey said as his gaze lowered toward the ground. “I tried talking to them, telling them to lighten up, but they wouldn’t even break character long enough for me to get a word in. So I left. About five minutes ago actually.” He sighed. “It’s times like this that I wish I had other friends I could hang out with.”

Peanut perked up. “We could go do something if you would like. I mean, I’m not doing anything right now.”

Joey looked back up at him. “I’m sorry Peanut, but I just want some time to be alone right now. I need to think about my relationships with the rest of the pets in the town right now.”

Now it was Peanut’s turn to sigh. “It’s alright, I understand.”

Joey walked off without saying another word to Peanut.

-----

Peanut sat on the bench, once again trying to figure out what to do. The GODC, Tarot, even Joey were all off limits right now.
What am I going to do with the rest of the day? Other than breakfast, this is turning out to be one lame birthday.

*Yawn*

And now that I’m just sitting here, I realize just how tired I am. I was so excited last night that I couldn’t sleep. Peanut laid his head back. Well, I guess I could just rest my eyes for a while anyway. Just while I figure out what to do next.

-----

“Kid.”

“Huh?”

“Hey kid, wake up.”

Peanut opened his eyes. Standing right in front of him was a dog wearing a red collar and a similar shade of brown fur that he did. By the star shaped tag, Peanut was able to instantly identify him as Jiff. Jiff dyed his fur a new color almost every week, so the only way to know for sure at a glance was by his tag.

“You’re Peanut, right?” Jiff asked as he sat down on the bench. “You’ve been sleeping here for about an hour.”

An hour? Peanut thought to himself. He couldn’t believe it. “Uh, sorry about that.” Peanut said with an embarrassed look. “I only meant to close my eyes for a second or two. I guess it’s just as well though.”

“Just as well?” Jiff asked with some interest at the statement. “I’ve been here for about an hour and not another dog has come by. Now I’ve seen you here before, and you don’t seem like the type to take a nap in the middle of an empty park.”

“… I guess I’m not.” Peanut said as he slumped down into his seat some.

“Tell me what’s up kid. Holding it in won’t do you any good.”

Peanut sighed. “I guess not. You see, today is my birthday, but nothing has been going right. Grape wouldn’t wake up, the GODC is closed, I visited my psychic girlfriend and she didn’t even wish me a happy birthday. Even when Joey came and I offered to do something with him to help cheer him up, he said that he just wanted some time to be alone. I just don’t know what to do now.”

Jiff chuckled. “That’s all?”

“Pretty much. Why?” Peanut asked.

“Let’s start with Joey. It sounds like he had some kind of problem, what was it?”

Peanut nodded. “He had some problems with his friends and was walking alone when I saw him. I offered to hang out with him, but he just said that he wanted to be alone so he could think about his relations with the rest of the pets in town.”

Jiff listened with the upmost attention to make sure that he didn’t miss any detail of the short statement. A few seconds after Peanut finished talking, Jiff said “It sounds like you did the right thing as a friend. You saw he was having some problems and offered to help by just being with him. But he didn’t want to right now, and you backed off. Haven’t you ever had a time that you just wanted to be alone for a while?”

Peanut thought back to the day him and Grape had an argument over him being Spot when they were playing Pridelands with Tarot’s mental projection. That fight wasn’t something he liked to remember. The only good thing to come out of that was the kiss on his cheek that Grape gave him after they had sorted everything out.

Jiff waited for a response, but spoke up when he could see Peanut wasn’t going to give one. “You did your job as a friend, and that’s what maters right now. Don’t push Joey to do anything unless you need to.”

“Yea, I guess you’re right.” Peanut said.

“Alright, that’s Joey. Now let’s move onto your… psychic girlfriend?”

Peanut turned red when he realized Jiff might not be familiar with that kind of stuff. “Oh, uh… Right. You see-”

“Don’t worry about it.” Jiff said as he put his paw up, signaling Peanut to stop talking. “I’ve dealt with magic in the past. It’s uncommon, but I know about it.”

“Really?” Peanut sat straight up. “I bet you have a lot of neat stories about it.”

“A few, but that’s not what we are focusing on right now. What happened when you visited your girlfriend?”

“Tarot.” Peanut said, giving Jiff her name. “I went to her house earlier today and she was running around, collecting things so she could go to the spirit realm or something. She was in a hurry and said she was glad that she saw me before she left so she could let me know she would miss our date on Monday. I’m glad she did that, but she didn’t say anything about my birthday. You would think that a psychic wouldn’t forget that kind of thing.”

Jiff posed the question “If you wanted her to wish you a happy birthday, why didn’t you tell her so?”

“I- I guess I didn’t want her to feel bad for forgetting.”

Jiff nodded his head in silent understanding. “You are looking at what she didn’t say, but you aren’t fully taking into account what she did say. She still wanted to let you know in person that she wouldn’t make the date you had planned instead of just a note or a mental message… thing. That shows she cares a lot about you. From what you said, she was probably in a hurry anyway.”

“She did say she had to leave as soon as possible.” Peanut said with, surprisingly, a slight smile.

“You found yourself a good girl. Give her a break, she probably had a million other things on her mind. Alright?”

Peanut’s smile grew a little bigger. “Alright.”

“Next, let’s move onto… Grape I believe?”

Peanut nodded. “She’s my best friend. I tried to wake her up this morning, but she just didn’t want to get up. I had planned on playing with her for a lot of the day.”

“I’m going to assume that she’s a cat?” Jiff said.

“Yes, she is.”

“Well then, I’m sure that I don’t have to explain that cats do that sometimes. Besides, why not just wait until later today when she wakes up?”

“That’s… actually why I left the house this morning and went to the GODC. Guess I forgot.”

Jiff chuckled again. “Well, I guess we’re done with that. But that brings me to the final thing. You said you went to the GODC and it was closed?”

“Yea, that’s actually where Joey and his friends were. They had some role-playing thing going on and didn’t want anyone else to get involved. Fox was standing outside of the door so no one would go in.”

“... That’s strange.” Jiff said to himself more than to Peanut. “I was just there an hour ago, right before I came here, and there was no one there. I went inside and it was empty.”

“Empty?” Peanut asked.

“Kid, when did you talk to Joey? And how long had it been since he left the clubhouse?” Jiff asked with the most serious expression Peanut had ever seen.

“I- I talked with him right before I fell asleep, so I guess an hour, hour and a half ago maybe?”

“When did he leave the clubhouse? Did he say?”

Peanut gulped. “About five minutes before we talked he said.”

“This isn’t good.” Jiff mumbled to himself again. “That was about the same time I was in the clubhouse. Even if they decided to pack up and go home after Joey left, they would have never been that fast. Kid!” Jiff said to Peanut. “You’re coming with me. Let’s go.”

-----

Peanut and Jiff both walked in the front door of the GODC. The thing that shocked Peanut the most was how empty it was. Everything had been pushed aside like it usually was after every meeting. No chairs, no podium, nowhere for a dog to hide. Even on days without a meeting the clubhouse usually had at least two or three dogs in it. The clubhouse being completely empty like this was a rare thing.

“But, I don’t get it.” Peanut said. “Fox told me. I heard Bino in here. Why is it empty?”

“Are you sure they were here?” Jiff asked one last time, although he already knew the answer.

Peanut only nodded at the question. “It just doesn’t make any sense. Even if they were upstairs, we would have heard something by now.”

Jiff looked at the staircase. “Follow me.” He said.

Peanut reluctantly followed as he went up the stairs.

Jiff reached the top. He hadn’t checked up here earlier, he simply thought the clubhouse was supposed to empty when he came earlier. Immediately, he noticed just how dark it was despite the sun shining outside. Someone had to have covered up all the windows. He couldn’t see his own nose.

Peanut entered the room and followed Jiff as best as he could.

Right when the two of them entered the center of the room, the lights were flicked on.

“SURPRISE!!”

All of the dogs in the GODC jumped out and threw streamers and confetti at Peanut. The room was completely covered with balloons and signs that said “Happy Birthday!”

Peanut couldn’t believe his eyes. Not only had everyone remembered his birthday, they had thrown him a surprise party too. That’s why all those dogs were waving at him this morning. They knew about the surprise party and were probably getting ready to go and help set it up.

“Jiff, you brought me here so everyone could surprise me?” Peanut asked above all of the noise that had filled the room.

“Actually, no!” Jiff tried to yell over everyone. “I really did come here before and didn’t see anyone, but I never checked up here!”

Peanut could barely hear him over the mob that was now carrying him away.

“… I guess I’ll just talk to you later.” Jiff mumbled to himself as he found the quietest corner that he could and sat down.

-----

Peanut couldn’t believe just how many dogs had shown up. It wasn’t the entire town, the entire top floor of the GODC couldn’t hold that many, but it had to have been close to that.

“Joey!” Peanut called out when he saw him. He weaved in and out of the crowd as he tried to get to Joey before he could be pulled away somewhere else.

“Joey, I’m glad I could catch you.” Peanut said when he caught up. “I have to say, you really had me convinced that you were having trouble with your friends.”

Joey blushed a little for the praise at his acting. “I was actually heading to the store to pick up some more supplies that we needed. I had to make the entire thing up on the spot.”

You could almost see the light bulb go off above Peanut’s head. “Oh! That explains why I didn’t notice that look on your face right away! You didn’t have it until I was right there.”

“Right.” Joey said. “Uh, I know it’s your birthday Peanut, but have you seen Squeak? I just realized she’s probably looking for me.”

“Sorry, no I hav-”

“She’s on the snack table.” Tarot intervened. “I think she was looking for you.”

“Oh no!” Joey said as he ran off.

Peanut laughed a little at the sight of Joey running through the crowd. Then he turned to Tarot. “I guess you didn’t really have to go to the spirit realm?”

“No.” She said. “I feel bad for lying to you like that, but I was just about to leave to come here and help set up. I had to come up with a reason why I couldn’t spend the day with you so you wouldn’t visit me again.”

“That’s alright.” Peanut said as he gave her a hug. “I understand and wouldn’t want it any other way.”

“I knew you would say that.”

-----

The party lasted for several hours as all of the dogs eventually migrated downstairs where there was more room.

As Peanut talked to everyone, he learned that they had actually planned the surprise upstairs because they had never done that before and he probably wouldn’t have expected it after seeing the downstairs completely empty.

He also learned why Jiff hadn’t known about the party. Because he wasn’t an official member of the GODC, he hadn’t been at the meeting when the club had planned it. The same meeting Peanut had been told was canceled and didn’t show up to.

And it turns out that Jiff really had shown up at the club house earlier, but due to his red collar and having dyed his fur a similar color to Peanut, the dog keeping lookout from the second story window had mistaken him for Peanut. Fox had come back in because he had figured that Peanut wouldn’t come back until someone brought him, so everyone hid upstairs and stayed quiet, hoping he would go away. They hadn’t quiet finished setting up yet.

So when he left, everyone finished as quickly as they could, hoping he wouldn’t come back before they did.

The fact that Jiff brought him to the party right before they sent someone to go get him was pure luck. And it wasn’t until they both showed up that everyone had realized their mistake.

However, no one really cared at this point. Everything had turned out fine.

Eventually, everyone started to leave. One by one, they said one last happy birthday to Peanut and went home. Once everyone had left the party, Peanut finally went home. It had been an interesting day to say the least, and he was ready to go home and lie down.

However, as he entered the house, Grape was standing right at the door.

“Grape!!” Peanut yelled as he ran and gave her a hug. He had just been so happy about the surprise party that he couldn’t control himself. Even if Grape had nothing to do with it.

“Uh! Hi Peanut.” She said, obviously confused about the sudden hug. “Happy birthday.” Peanut kept hugging her until she was able to wiggle her way out of it. “What’s gotten into you?” she asked in a curious tone.

“The GODC threw me a surprise birthday party! But before that I had thought that no one remembered, so I’m just really excited that they actually did remember!”

“It probably didn’t help that I didn’t wish you a happy birthday when you tried to wake me up this morning I bet.”

Peanut stopped moving for a second. “Well, uh, I know that you were trying to sleep and that it was the morning and…”

“That’s still no excuse.” Grape said. “And to make up for it, I have something in your room for you.” She said as she started walking toward his room.

Peanut followed in silent anticipation. While the club had thrown him a party, no one had brought any presents. Not everyone would have a party thrown for them on their birthday by the club, so it would be unfair to expect them to bring presents to every single party. Not that Peanut minded or cared, but Grape had gotten him one and he was excited to see what it was.

He tried to hide his eagerness as they both walked into his room, but failed at doing so. He walked around the room, looking for any signs of wrapping paper or a bow tie.

“It’s not something that can be wrapped.” Grape said once Peanut had started looking under his bed.

“Well what is it?” Peanut asked.

“It’s this.” Grape said as she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. It wasn’t much, no more than the one she had given him the day they argued over him putting Spot in Pridelands.

It had been quick, but Peanut still fell to the floor like he did that day.

“You alright Peanut?”

“Yea, I think so. I’m just going to stay here for a while.”

“Alright, happy birthday Peanut.”

“Thanks.”

-----

Jiff stood behind the GODC. Peanut’s birthday party had ended about an hour ago.

A figure walked up to him, hidden by the shadow.

“I see you got my message.” Jiff said.

“…”

“Listen, I’m sorry. A written message was the safest way to contact you.”

“I know.” The figure said. “You never know who you can and can’t trust. Now what did you need me for?”

“I need you to meet me and someone else at a specific location tomorrow. I’m going to need your assistance with something.”

“For you, alright.”

“Thanks, I’ll owe you one.”

“You still owe me one from the first time we met.”

“… I guess you’re right.”

END

And the stage is set. For what you may ask, you'll just have to see.

Also, if you haven't, be sure to check out SilentPrincess's fic The Game (Did I Make You Lose?).
She is a close friend of mine in real life and has actually put a few characters from my fic in her's. Not only that, but she is actually referencing events from my fic in hers too. While ours are going to stay separate, I may end up using the story she creates for some of my characters. (Fitted so they make sense in my universe, of course).
Not only that, she is using a lot of mythology from different civilizations in it. Mostly Greek/Roman right now. So if you like that, be sure to check it out too.
Just click the banner in my signature if you want to see it.
Last edited by JeffCvt on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

DAWWW!! That was really a cute update with just the icing on the cake for the ending. :D :D :D
You really know how to work with these characters, Jeff! 8-)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

You really think I did a good job with the characters? I feel like characterization of Rick's characters is always my weak point.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

This is your best update YET!!! I can't wait for the next one! :mrgreen: !
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hmm... might have made a better story if Grape forgot, but that is a fic in itself~ :lol:

Nice way to create the party scenario. Peanut was none the wiser.

How could anyone confuse Peanut and Jiff? I doubt they are even close to being the same size... :?
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well, when Jiff came around, everyone was on the second floor by that time. One of the dogs had been watching the window to see if Peanut came around. When he saw the brown fur and red collar, he didn't take the time to further analyze. He simply told everyone to hide and stay away from the window until he was gone. From a distance, size isn't quite as noticeable.

That's how I imagined that scene anyway.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

JeffCvt wrote:You really think I did a good job with the characters? I feel like characterization of Rick's characters is always my weak point.
You kidding?
Peanut was in character, and Grape was so totally adorable and...well, herself, especially during the 'gift' moment :D
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Otaku-Boy wrote:This is your best update YET!!! I can't wait for the next one! :mrgreen: !
First, I must thank you for this. I also agree from my perspective that this was probably the best update I have made.

And I would also like to say I'm sorry for the end not being the same quality as the rest of it. After I re-read it, I realized just how rushed it was after the part that said
JeffCvt wrote:The party lasted for several hours as all of the dogs eventually migrated downstairs where there was more room.
Alright, now those two things being said, I would also like to apologize for not having an update for Everchanging Hearts tonight. I know I never said when I would have it, but I finished the hand written notes today in school. I was going to type it up tonight and post it.

Unfortunately, I ended up breaking my nose not 20 minutes after I had finished the notes, and between going to the nurse and then to the hospital, the note book that I write in is now in my gym locker (I hope). And due to tomorrow being Friday and having a football game that I must go to with the band, I can't type it up tomorrow. Then I have another band thing going on Saturday, so I may not have time then either. And my entire Sunday morning is going to be taken up, meaning I might not even be able to start until Sunday afternoon. I just feel bad because I basically have it done but can't do anything for possibly 3 days.

Anyway, after that, look forward to the next update here. I think you all are going to enjoy it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I do believe we will enjoy it as much as always.
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hehehe...

Uh, you see, I thought it was in my gym locker, but it wasn't. So now you kind of have to wait until I can figure out where it is.

On monday.

And possibly wait until I can type it all.

So..... yea. Sorry abou that.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

So there was a reason why "the game" and your fic ended up in such an state of mistery.

Cool!

Monday doesnt sound like much waiting. I'll okay :mrgreen:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

JeffCvt wrote:Hehehe...

Uh, you see, I thought it was in my gym locker, but it wasn't. So now you kind of have to wait until I can figure out where it is.

On monday.

And possibly wait until I can type it all.

So..... yea. Sorry abou that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Trust me, I have been there before. Just keep looking. It should turn up somewhere. Maybe in the nurse's office?
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

An update.

Enjoy

Stealer read the note he found with his name on it.

Meet me at the spot in the woods at noon
Make sure you aren’t followed

That was all the note said. No name or anything else to indicate who may have left it in the clubhouse for him to find.

But as he walked outside to head for the spot, he couldn’t think of anyone else who would have left him a note like that.

Jiff

-----

Stealer entered the clearing and looked around the edge. He didn’t see anyone or anything waiting for him.

It was 12:00 and he knew Jiff wasn’t the kind of dog to be late. Of course, he had no proof that it really was Jiff who had left him the note, so he decided to go and sit at the edge and see if anyone came.

But as Stealer turned around, he was met by a fist heading straight for his face.

-----

Bino was at his house alone. Jeff had gone to work and Max had gone off to go do whatever it is he does during the day.

He sat on the couch with the TV on, but wasn’t really watching it. He had been thinking for the past few weeks about everything that had happened since Kyria had come to Babylon Gardens, and he had finally come to a decision about what he should do.

He would simply live his life day-to-day and just worry about the problems as they came up. It wasn’t a permanent solution, and he knew that he would have to eventually deal with some of the bigger things, like his feelings for Kyria, but he wasn’t going to do that today. Or tomorrow. Or next week, or even next month if he could help it. He was just going to live life as it came, just like he used to.

As he was thinking, the phone rang. “Alright, alright.” Bino said as he got up to get the phone. “Hello, this is Jeff’s house. Bino speaking.”

“Bino?” the voice on the other end said.

Bino recognized it as Sergeant Ralph right away. This is the last thing that I need right now. He’s probably calling to invite me to watch Fido receive some award he just earned.

“This is Sergeant Ralph, I’m calling to let you know that there has been an… incident involving your brother Fido.”

“An incident?” Bino said. “Finally! What happened to Mr. Perfect? Did he lose the trail of a suspect you were following? Or maybe he forgot to handcuff someone and they escaped from you. Perhaps he arrested someone who was innocent and put them in jail for a night by mistake. HaHa! This is great news for me! I finally get to show that Fido isn’t the great police dog that everyone likes to think he is! What happened, come on, I want to know!”

There was a long, drawn out silence on the other end of the phone. Bino started to become uncomfortable.

Finally, Sergeant Ralph spoke. “Bino, you brother was attacked. He’s being rushed to the hospital as we speak.”

-----

“HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!?” Stealer yelled as Jiff threw punch after punch at him.

As if he had been waiting for those words for the few minutes that they had been fighting, Jiff stopped. They stared at each other across the clearing for what seemed like hours to Stealer.

Finally, Jiff spoke. “Do you still love Sandy?”

Stealer didn’t know how to react to the question. A few moments ago Jiff had been attacking him, but now he was asking about his broken relationship with Sandy. He was speechless.

“Answer me.” Jiff said. “Do you still love her?”

“Y-Yes. I-”

Jiff charged at Stealer and punched again.

“What are you doing?!” Stealer yelled.

“Why do you still love her?” Jiff asked, not letting his attack falter this time.

Stealer ducked and dived as he avoided Jiff’s assault. Why is asking me these questions? And why is he attacking me?

“Why do you still love her!?” Jiff demanded once again.

“Because I’ve always loved her!” Stealer yelled back as he avoided another punch. What is he trying to do?

Jiff kicked. “She abandoned you! Did you forget that!?”

Stealer jumped. “She didn’t! We decided to break up!”

“Don’t change the details!” Jiff yelled as he attacked once more. “You told me that she dumped you! She threw you away like an old chew toy!”

“NO!” Stealer yelled.

Jiff saw his opening. He aimed low and delivered a brutal punch to Stealer’s gut. “She never loved you and you know it! She played with your heart and broke it!”

“You- You’re wrong…” Stealer said as he fell to one knee.

“She used you!” Jiff yelled down at him. “Admit it! You never had anything! She only cared for herself!”

Just… Just… SHUT UP!!” Stealer yelled at the top of his lungs as he threw a punch aimed right at Jiff’s face.

Jiff stopped the punch cold using a single paw. “Good.” He said as he helped Stealer stand up.

“… What?” Stealer asked. He had no idea what Jiff was trying to do.

“Stealer, why did you just try to punch me? Do you know?”

Stealer looked at the ground in an attempt to hide his face. He didn’t know why. “I- You wouldn’t stop talking about how Sandy didn’t care about me. But you were wrong. I just wanted you to stop.”

Jiff nodded. When Stealer looked back up, Jiff said. “I have something important you ask you. Will you take that emotion you just felt and use it to help me protect this town?”

“Huh?” Stealer simply looked at Jiff with an empty stare.

“I’ve told you before; I can use my emotions to unlock a hidden strength that is in all living things. You actually tapped into a form of this strength when you threw that punch at me. I would like to train you to use this strength at will. I’m afraid that I have put this town in danger by staying here for so long, and I’m going to need help protecting it.”

“… What?” Stealer asked, everything not having sunk in yet.

“Focus.” Jiff said. “I’m not trying to force you to say yes, I want you to make this choice yourself. But I need you to tell me now. Will you help me?”

Stealer thought for a second. Jiff didn’t rush him.

After a few minutes, Stealer said “Alright, I’ll help you. But only because I want to keep everyone in this town safe. They have all been so kind to me, I can’t just turn my back on them. I have to repay them in some way.”

“Good.” Jiff said. “That’s real good. You’re going to do well.”

Stealer gave a quick glance around, and then looked back at Jiff, half expecting to be attacked again now that he said yes. “So, what do I need to do?”

“You first need to beat me.” A voice from behind him said.

Stealer turned and was amazed to see a grey cat standing behind him where he could have sworn there had been empty space only seconds ago.

This cat didn’t appear to be special in any way. He was gray with dirty white patches of fur under his chin, on his chest, and near all four of his paws giving him the false look of someone who was starting to lose hair color in old age. Well, maybe not as false at it appeared, seeing how he also seemed to be in his late thirties. Not that you could tell by the way he walked when he got closer to Stealer though. He moved with the same ease that a pet a quarter of his age would.

“My name is Sammy, or Sam for short. I’ll be your opponent until you show me that you have the ability to fight Jiff himself.”

Stealer blinked. Then blinked again. He wasn’t sure if he was seeing what he thought he saw.

It wasn’t the small knick in Sammy’s right ear, it wasn’t that he wasn’t wearing a collar, it wasn’t even that the fur on one of his hands seemed to be slightly singed. It was the fact that this cat, who had just said he would be fighting Stealer, had no eyes.

It looked like they had been removed and his eyelids were made to be forever closed, like a permanent blink.

“But- You can’t see.” Stealer mumbled.

“Nope.” Sammy said. “I can’t see, never have been able to. I was either born blind or lost my sight shortly after due to some kind of infection. My owners had my eyes removed for the sake of my health. I have no memories of sight at all.”

Stealer looked over at Jiff. “Please tell me there is going to be some kind of handicap when we fight to make things even.”

“I don’t know.” Jiff said as he looked over at Sammy. “What do you think Sam?”

Sammy thought for a second, then said. “Sure. Tying my paws together behind my back should do the trick.”

“What!?” Stealer yelled in surprise. “No, not him!” He yelled as he pointed toward Sammy. “You should tie my paws behind my-”

Stealer stopped when he saw Sammy was no longer where he was pointing. It was at this moment that he felt a claw pressed up against the side of his neck. In a matter of seconds, Sammy had managed to silently get behind Stealer and into a position where he could do some serious damage with minimal effort.

When Sammy spoke, it was in a serious tone. “I may be old and blind, but I’m probably the only living thing around here that could even touch Jiff. And I know you know how tough he is. Just for that, I won’t give you that handicap. We start training now, and if you hold back at all, you’ll be sorry.”

-----

Bino sat in a corner inside of his room.

What am I? He though. I get a phone call to tell me that my brother is being rushed to the hospital, but before I can even be told that I’m thinking just how great I am and that he’s a zero for messing up. How will I ever face him again, Ralph is sure to tell him what I said. I mean, I’ve always thought of him as the glory-stealing attention hog, but was he really? And he put up with it for so long, how could I just go on like that? What will the town think when they hear? What will Dad think? I’ll never be able to show my face in public again.

There was a light knock on Bino’s door before Jeff poked his head in. “I see you’ve already heard about Fido.” He said.

Bino just nodded his head while avoiding eye contact.

“Come on.” Jeff said as he motioned for Bino to follow him. “We’re going to go see him right now.”

END

So this was supposed to be part of a longer update (a much longer one), but I decided that it would actually do better as two, or maybe even three smaller ones. So here is hoping that this was a good choice!!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

I haven't read your Fiction for long long time. I should get back but there is so much things that is holding me back... :cry:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Excellent! So Jiff is training a new pupil. Let us hope that Stealer does not turn evil.

I like this update length. Somewhat long, but not so long it hurts my eyes to read it all. Good choice.
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

copper wrote:I like this update length.
Really? My preferred length to update with is about 15 pages of my handwritten notes, but this update was only 10. Actually a bit shorter than I wanted, but I couldn't really add anymore on.

Had I written this out to be everything I planned to have in the first place, it probably would have been 35 pages of my handwritten notes. 10 more than my current longest (Being my last update here about Peanut's birthday)

But that's another reason I decided to divide it up too. Something that long would tire me out (Not to mention take a while).

Well, I guess that means it was a good choice anyway. Glad to see you like it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

That was an offer Stealer couldnt refuse. :)

may we see another moment in Bino's life?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well, lucky for all of you, I think that I will have my next update here instead of Everchanging Hearts. I'm already about 1/3 done with it.

I had already started the Everchanging Update a little before I did this one, but I just can't get back into it. My emotional connection is stuck here for now, so my next update will be here.

(Slight spoiler alert)
That includes what happens when Bino visits the hospital and because of that ends up spending the night in the GODC clubhouse. May I also say it's with a little company and this entire thing will lead to one very surprising (And confusing) situation. A situation that shouldn't be possible...

Hmmm...
Now that I think about it, maybe people should take a guess at what is going to happen.

If you decided to read the spoiler above and think you may know what happens, take a guess and see if you're right.
Here are the rules:

1. All guesses must be submitted to me by a PM. Anything posted here will be ignored.
2. You may guess as many times as you like, but only one guess at a time. Until I send you a PM back, you cannot guess again. (You may edit your PM if you decide you want to change it before I read it)
3. Contest ends when I post the next part whether someone won or not. I don't know when this will be, but it won't be for at least 3 more days.
4. You must guess who Bino spends the night with and what situation this leads to.

The winner (If we get one) will get to ask me one question about either of my fics. Anything they want. (Including spoiler stuff if you would like) But beware, I may try to be deceptive in my answer if it you get greedy with your question. (EX of a greedy question: "Is Stealer going to turn evil and join Ferno or is he going to stay good and end up being the one who beats Ferno in an epic fight scene?")

Lets see if you all are thinking on the same wavelength as me.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Meh, not interested in guessing. I like taking the journey with you than trying to get ahead. Nice idea though.
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I've only had one person who has tried to guess so far. Come on, I'm almost finished with the next part. I only have two more sections to write, type, and then post.

I guess I should also note that the question you get to ask me doesn't have to be a spoiler, it can be about anything.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, if no one is going to do any little contest things I have then I'm not going to do them. I only had one person who tried to guess. Even though he didn't guess what was going to happen, I'm still going to give him that one question just because he was the only one who tried. (That also means the contest is over)

In the meantime, an update.

Enjoy

“Bino, you will go in there NOW. I don’t know why you keep making all of these excuses not to, but he doctor said Fido is in good enough condition for visitors. You will go see him.” Jeff opened the door and edged Bino in. “I’m going to give you a few moments to talk to him alone. The last thing we want to do now is crowd into his room.” With that, Jeff shut the door.

Bino turned around and saw Fido lying in the bed with Ralph sitting in a chair right next to it.

Oh great. Bino thought as he slowly walked up to the bed. Ralph probably already told him what I said over the phone. His legs felt more like jelly with every step that he took.

He finally reached the side of the bed, and not a moment too soon. One more step and he might have fallen over. “Uh, h- hey Fido.” Bino tried to smile, but found that he couldn’t with the look that Ralph was giving him from across the bed. “Um… How are you doing?”

Fido turned his head away. “I would be better if my own brother didn’t gloat over the phone when he heard I had messed up today.”
Bino’s heart sank even lower than it was when he heard Fido talk in such a resentful voice. He had never heard his brother talk in such a cold tone. “I- I-”

“No.” Fido said. “Bino, I always knew you were a little jealous of me, but that crossed the line. I know you didn’t know I had been hurt, but that is still no excuse for what you said.” Fido turned his head in Bino’s direction, but didn’t look directly at him. “You want to be the chairman of the GODC? You want to be seen as a leader, someone to be respected and admired? Then act like it for once. A good leader doesn’t gloat when someone he sees as a rival messes up. He shows respect, just like I have always shown you. I suggest you go home and think long and hard about that before you show yourself in public again.”

Bino was quiet. He simply hung his head in shame.

There was a light knock on the door. “Bino, is everything alright?” Jeff could be heard asking.

“Everything’s fine.” Fido answered. “I’m just a little tired right now. That’s all. Maybe you can come back in a few days.”

Jeff opened the door. “Alright, let’s go then Bino. We’ll come back when he’s feeling better.”

Bino walked out of the room, a little unstable on his feet the first few steps.

“Did everything go alright?” Jeff asked as they walked out of the hospital.

“… Yes. Everything was fine.” Bino answered.

-----

“You’re not even going to tell Jeff what he said?” Ralph asked.

“No.” Fido said. “I think my little speech did the trick. I’m not going to ruin his reputation in the town or his home life if I can help it. I’m dog committed to helping others when I can, not tearing them down.”

Ralph nodded. “Alright, I’ll trust your judgment on this. What he said over the phone will stay between us.”

-----

“Get angry!” Sammy yelled.

“How?” Stealer asked as he tried to punch the nimble cat.

“That’s for you to figure out!” Sam yelled as he dodged. “I don’t know what sets you off! Figure that out and use it!”

Stealer tried, but Sam was too quick and knocked him off of his feet for the third time.

“Let’s stop for a second.” Sammy said as he helped Stealer back up. “You’re getting tired.”

Stealer couldn’t reply seeing how he was trying to catch his breath now that he had a break.

“You’re doing better than I thought you would.” Sammy said as he walked to and leaned against a tree. “But not good enough.”

*Huff Huff* “What did you expect?” Stealer asked between gasps. “I only met you a few hours ago. If I had known I would be doing this, I would have eaten before I came out here to meet Jiff.”

“You have to be ready for anything at any time. But I guess you’re right. We can stop for today. You don’t sound like you could go for much longer anyway.”

Stealer fell back and simply laid down in the grass. It felt good to finally be able to relax.

After a while, he looked over at Sammy who was still leaning against the tree. “So how did you meet Jiff? You seem like you know each other pretty well.”

“We’ve met a few times in our travels. It seems lady luck was always bringing us together. I’ve saved his life a few times; he’s saved mine once or twice.”

Stealer waited to see if Sammy was going to say anything more. They were both quiet as the sounds of the night started to come alive as the sun set.

Stealer decided to break the silence with another question. One that Sam hadn’t been expecting.

“Hey Sam, do you know about Jiff’s old student?”

-----

“Dad, do you think you could just drop me off at the clubhouse? I need a little time to myself right now.”

“Sure Bino.” Jeff said as he pulled the car over. “How long do you think you’re going to be?”

Bino stepped out of the car. “I don’t really know. A while probably.”

Jeff nodded as Bino closed the car door and drove off.

Bino walked into the clubhouse and closed the door behind him. I’ve spent so much time here lecturing all of the dogs in the club. So much time spent here in charge of them.

He walked up to the podium. I’ve given so many speeches from here. He thought back to the day that Kyria came into the meeting. That was a day I acted like a true leader, except it was because I thought Jiff would beat the snot out of me if I didn’t let Kyria stay. Even then I was thinking of myself more than anything.

He sat on the ground and leaned his back on the podium. Fido was right. I’ve always been jealous and selfish. I don’t deserve to be the chairman of the GODC. Maybe I’ll just resign at the next meeting.

The door opened and someone walked in. Bino didn’t know who, he didn’t bother to look. “Go away. I don’t want to see anyone right now.”

“I come in here to see if I can help you with anything and that’s the thanks I get?”

Bino recognized the voice right away. He looked up to see Kyria standing in front of him.

-----

Sammy was silent. Stealer wasn’t sure if he had heard the question or not. He was about to ask it again when Sammy finally spoke.

“Yes, I do. Although I don’t think Jiff would want me talking about it.”

Stealer sat up. “Please. If I’m going to help keep this town safe from him, I want to know about him.”

*Sigh* “You do have a point.” Sam lowered his head and thought for a second. “Alright, I’ll give you a quick summery of what happened. His “Student” as you refer to him was smart. He was quite smart, probably one of the sharpest dogs I had ever talked too. Except when it came to one thing.”

“What was it?” Stealer asked.

Sammy paused and didn’t say anything. He seemed to be debating with himself whether or not he should tell Stealer.

Stealer began to think Sam may have changed his mind, but he finally continued.

“That thing was love. I guess no one is smart when it comes to that. He had fallen madly in love at a young age. Him and his girl were real close. They did almost everything together. The relationship seemed solid; everyone thought that they would be together forever. But one day, his girl started to become distant from him. He didn’t know why, and she wouldn’t telling him. I guess the thing that broke him was when Jiff said ‘It’s going to be alright, I promise.’”

“Why’s that?” Stealer asked as he stood up.

“It’s because the day after Jiff said that, she broke up with him. He didn’t take it well. He blamed Jiff and attacked him. The dangerous thing about the technique Jiff is trying to teach you is if you lose control of your emotions, it’s hard to get that control back. His student felt so much hate toward him for promising it would be alright that he tried to kill him. And as far as I know, that hate has never left his heart.”

Stealer was silent. Jiff had given him a brief explanation of what had happened on the first day they had met back in Kansas, but had left out most of this. Now he could understand why Jiff had tried so hard to get him to talk about his break-up with Sandy. But there was still one thing he wanted to know, the one thing that had been on his mind for weeks.

“What happened to his son?”

Sammy had started to walk away, but stopped when he heard the question. “His son?”

“Yes, his son. Jiff told me that he raised a puppy on he found in a city as his son. He told me how he looked for formula; how he left the city once the puppy was old enough. He also told me something happened. I don’t know what he was going to say, we were interrupted before he could tell me. Something tells me this is related to his student.”

Sammy sighed. “Yea, the day his student turned for the worse was the day his son died. He was overpowered by the hate.”

“Overpowered?” Stealer wasn’t too sure what Sammy meant by that. “You mean he tried to stop him?”

Sammy nodded. “Cinder was his son’s name. He tried, but it just was a battle he couldn’t win. Ferno proved to be too strong.”

“Ferno. Cinder.” Stealer whispered them to himself, absorbing them, whatever meaning they may have had. He finally knew the names of Jiff’s son and student.

“I’ve said enough.” Sammy walked off. “I want you here tomorrow at noon. Be ready to train, we’re going to until the sun goes down.”

Stealer stayed in the clearing, thinking about everything he had just learned. But he didn’t stay for more than a few minutes. He had been bombarded with so much today, he decided to go back to Fox’s house and sleep on it all. Then think about it in the morning when his head would be clear again. Hopefully it would be.

-----

As Stealer approached the door of Fox’s house, he was so deep in thought that he didn’t see the Labrador retriever charging at him from his right.

The dog tackled him, pinning him to the grass.

“HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME TO STAY HERE!? HOW COULD YOU JUST ABANDON ME LIKE THAT!? DON’T YOU KNOW THE PAIN YOU HAVE CAUSED ME!?”

There was only one thing going through Stealer’s mind now. Six words that repeated again and again as the Labrador retriever yelled and cried at the same time.

The words eventually found their way to his lips. “Sandy? What are you doing here?”

END
Last edited by JeffCvt on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

wow, thinking of the devil.
I would say Jiff has something to do with this.

I think you didn't indicate some of Bino's dialogue (of those were supposed to be thoughts?)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh *Bleep*

I totally forgot about the thoughts.

*Runs off to go fix it*
Jeff "Clavy" Civit