Have You Ever Stopped Reading Housepets (Accident?)

Discuss the comic here
PeanutFan1997

Have You Ever Stopped Reading Housepets (Accident?)

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Well to be honest, yes. It was in the summer of 2010. It was in the story arc Not All Dogs. I am always excited for Housepets but Super Smash Flash 2 and deviantART caught my eye. So of course, I forgot to read Housepets, but I KEPT forgetting. I missed nearly 20 arcs. Well I finally had time and in a few hours I had caught up. Oh how I love this series. Accidents happen.
Peanut is an AWESOME character. 'Nuff said.

Okay I also like King and Fox's friendship ^^;

Let's face it I just LOVE Housepets. If I played against Peanut on a videogame...I'd lose. I'm pretty skilled too XD
Kyderra

Re: Have You Ever Stopped Reading Housepets (Accident?)

Post by Kyderra »

I'm obligated by contract to read them
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Since 2009 i have been obligated to read this comic through thick and thin. I can just picture myself one of these days at someone else's place with my home internet down and saying "Why aren't Max and Grape married yet?!?" at a monitor and getting thrown out of the house in the process. (then having them read the comic afterwards. Mwahaha!)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've eagerly awaited each update at midnight or, failing that, whenever I get home from wherever I am. So nope! But I've heard of friends doing that.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Nobody's under an obligation to read the comic...

That rather strongly implies you'd rather not be doing so.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sleet wrote:I've eagerly awaited each update at midnight or, failing that, whenever I get home from wherever I am. So nope! But I've heard of friends doing that.
That's pretty interesting. You wait for midnight to see a comic update because you're a U.S. Citizen, while I wake up before 7 AM since I live on the other side of the globe :)

On topic: yes, I had to stop reading sometimes, but that was when I was away from home for a couple of days. Recently I had to make a break because I was in Slovenia for 8 days and I had no time for internet stuff while enjoying vacations.
I'm a bookworm!
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Dissension wrote:Nobody's under an obligation to read the comic...

That rather strongly implies you'd rather not be doing so.
I agree with that. But seriously I felt bad because I kept forgetting to read Housepets.

Let's face it I just LOVE Housepets. If I played against Peanut on a videogame...I'd lose. I'm pretty skilled too XD
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I have yet to forget, but I do have 2 or 3 friends who used to read frequently but stopped because they forgot or didn't have time to read.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yes, I am just getting back from almost a month off!!!

I was house sitting and a storm knocked out the internet there. I could not get to the modem to fix it, so I had no internet.... Horrible..... :cry:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Wow that's so sad. But I still feel that I forgot for a WHOLE year :( oh well at least I'm back now :)

MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Yes. Since 2010 (when I joined) I had trouble trying to find a means and time to visit Housepets. The longest was over a year away (I believe), but I made short visits from time to time whenever possible. It was strange how much these forums had changed in just two years, I remember a time when this place was so active that several pages of the Chat thread would appear overnight. Now everythings very calm and quiet, nothing like it used to be.
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

MilesKingford wrote:Yes. Since 2010 (when I joined) I had trouble trying to find a means and time to visit Housepets. The longest was over a year away (I believe), but I made short visits from time to time whenever possible. It was strange how much these forums had changed in just two years, I remember a time when this place was so active that several pages of the Chat thread would appear overnight. Now everythings very calm and quiet, nothing like it used to be.

Awww I feel bad if only I joined sooner although I'd only be like 12 if I joined then.

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I forget to read it (and did for two months at a time), but I always catch up.
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Tha Housefox wrote:I forget to read it (and did for two months at a time), but I always catch up.
I understand accidents do happen.

Fogboundjord

Post by Fogboundjord »

I started reading these about a month ago and couldn't stop reading them, its soo good.
Hey I have a hypothetical question,
how would you approach someone that who would make your life the happiest of anyone on the planet?
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Although it can be annoying whenever I miss a huge two month gap, it's also really cool because that gives me the excuse to recap all the action for a whole day :D
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

There are times when reading webcomics doesn't cross my mind as something I can do on the internet, so a couple weeks (or months :P) will usually pass before I realize, "Hey, I forgot about this, I should pick up where I left off."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That would explain how long it's been since I saw you! *giggles*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

JakJak wrote:There are times when reading webcomics doesn't cross my mind as something I can do on the internet, so a couple weeks (or months :P) will usually pass before I realize, "Hey, I forgot about this, I should pick up where I left off."

So THAT is where you disappear to..... I always wondered.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

JakJak wrote:There are times when reading webcomics doesn't cross my mind as something I can do on the internet, so a couple weeks (or months :P) will usually pass before I realize, "Hey, I forgot about this, I should pick up where I left off."
That happens to me all the time. I used to read Housepets and DMFA but I forgot about DMFA so whatever and Housepets I kept reading. You guys know the rest from there.

JakJak

Post by JakJak »

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Or something like that, hahah. Till tomorrow friends! (Or the end of October :P)
Chaplin

Post by Chaplin »

I forgot housepets was a thing for like 8 months
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What reminded you?
valerio

Post by valerio »

NEVAH!
it's my first slice of joy in the weekdays morning, I just can't stay without it.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Haven't missed a single strip since Dog Days of Summer, which is the first arc I was around for the start of. The very first strip I read was End of Year Two.

While I might not be around much on the community side of things, I haven't been without this comic for any extended period of time in nearly two and a half years. It's a little thrice-a-week charm that puts a smile on my face. I read plenty of other comics, but there's something in Housepets that I simply adore, and I can't predict ever forgetting it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

yoyodude wrote:there's something in Housepets that I simply adore, and I can't predict ever forgetting it.
Rick discovered the secret to injecting addictive drugs through our eyes with images alone.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Sleet wrote:
yoyodude wrote:there's something in Housepets that I simply adore, and I can't predict ever forgetting it.
Rick discovered the secret to injecting addictive drugs through our eyes with images alone.
you don't have idea how loud I laughed when I read your post :lol:

And about me, I been reading houspets since almost the end of "show business" arc (in the moment when King go ask help to Tarot) and never missing a strip since then (of course, I read housepets from the beginning, I'm not thus lazy ¬¬ XD)
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Quick! Hypnotize them into pretending you are just big versions of Spot and Bat-Bat!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Sometimes, when I'm not in a group that's going to stop spoilers, I stop reading HP for a few weeks and wait for a good 30 minutes of reading to build up, so it can hit me all at once. This is on purpose though...

That's the ONLY way I ever read Slightly Damned, which updates too slowly to read like a regular comic.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
smiba

Post by smiba »

I did it once, For about 2 weeks

But when i came back i had a few pages to read ^^
Frank

Post by Frank »

Well, there was testing week... and testing week... and the testing week after that...

Image If you look at the comment history, you'll probably notice my "dissappearances"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
TigerStryk

Post by TigerStryk »

Ha! You're talking to the king of quitting housepets. I started spending less and less time on it. Then just lost completely. I just got back actually. I feel loke the old guy visiting his alma mater after many years. "I dont remember this or that, and when did that get there???" Now that im thinking about it, I should get around to changing my avi.
IM B-B-B-B-BACK BABY!!!!!l
Argent

Post by Argent »

Dissension wrote:Nobody's under an obligation to read the comic...
You are mistaken. You are obliged to have fun, it's a happy, unrelenting duty, a dark joy, a hideous rapture, but you must not shirk. Lovebot is watching you.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

TigerStryk wrote:Ha! You're talking to the king of quitting housepets. I started spending less and less time on it. Then just lost completely. I just got back actually. I feel loke the old guy visiting his alma mater after many years. "I dont remember this or that, and when did that get there???" Now that im thinking about it, I should get around to changing my avi.
!http://typophile.com/files/ryan%20get%2 ... 0level.jpg!
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I have had to miss some updates as well, as sometimes we run out of internet data usage (unlimited not available where I live). Could also be because I'm away from home for several days at a time sometimes. It's no big deal, really, these things happen. That's why we have archives, so that we can always be up to date in the event we have to stay off for whatever reason.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Spens

Post by Spens »

I lost it briefly after the 'Imaginate, too!' arc, and I lost it over about the last 9 months since I didn't have internet at my new house (and holy wa, I was missing out.)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

when it got to some of the Spot stuff I stopped reading for about a week, because at the time I wanted to keep up with continuity in the story. Instead I just read back everything up till' then because I had a poor memory and kept forgetting what had happened. I did stop voting for a year accidently though, which I am now getting into the habit of doing again now.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It must get frustrating to only focus on the continuity considering how many stories and one-offs there are!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Nope, never.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Lol I'm trying to. I'm trying to force myself not to read any new ones that come up, but ahh it's so addicting I can't!
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.