HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

Rikki looked up at the darkening sky ((OOC - assuming it's the weather getting bd, right?)), then back at Mitch. The ferret sighed.
"Yes, I supposed much of that, you being a feral. It's a much common trait, after all, especially in endangered species. And that is why I purposely mock you on that argument."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, I still don't like it," Mitch said, taking a step closer, "You wouldn't like it if I made bad cop jokes all day would ya? I mean, I have almost no recourse in teasing you back."
valerio

Post by valerio »

She stuck out her tongue at him. "You couldn't to a bad cop joke because you never lived with a cop, man!" Then, back on a more serious tone. "Mitch, I'm trying to say that I understand your position and sympathize with it. But you should really relax and start learning new stuff. Belisarius is a feral, too, and yet he was born like that. He shouldn't deserve your ice, and least of 'em all Val. And so Lance and Bishop and any other rainbow pet.
"While your cringing is justified by your current biological condition, now that you folks just started to get back to a normal life, you should start to consider that soon there will be born guys or gals who like other guys or gals. And then what will you do: banish them on the grounds of reprduction threat? Will you avoid any possible het interspecies relationship because you're afraid of not giving a numerous litter to the tribe?!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh, the Orginization, let me tell ya, they had quite a few bad cop jokes," Mitch said, then, "No, it's not like that, and no, we wouldn't do that. And how am I giving the rainbows ice? I've tried to be nothing but friendly! Sure I'm uncomfortable with it and yeah I have to get used to it, but, I don't like being teased to death with something okay?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki laid herself back down. "Oookay, okay, sorry and all that stuff, Mr. purebred."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch stuck his tongue out at her.

Heck why not? He thought.

"Thanks Rikki, I promise to be more Mr. Tolerant," he said, stepping forward and giving her a big hug.

If this don't make her squirm, I don't know what will. He thought.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Actually, she melted in his arms, with a long, contended sigh. "I thought you'd never give me one, Doc," she said, hugging him back.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Heh, well, I figured what the heck," Mitch said, "And don't worry about my mom, she's a firm believer in, ah, miracles. Now come on." He said, taking her hand and grabbing his torch.

"Let's see if they left us any adventure in there!" He said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki stood up as well. *sigh* why was she always attracted by the ferals?
because those like Mitch were so heckingly awesome that's why!
"Okay. Ready for a run, bad boy?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Nah, let's just keep it slow, the terrain in that cave will wear us out pretty quick, and, we have no water," he said, looking up again, "And hopefully it's not raining by the time we get out." Mitch then noticed his torch sputtering a little.

"Hang on, let me fix this," he said. He collected a few more materials and redid his torch and relit it with a lighter.

"There," he said, taking back her hand and turning to go back in the cave, "Oh, one more thing." He turned around, and hugged her again, only just a tad longer.

"All right, now we're ready," he said, leading the way in.

ooc:Anybody up for discovering an underground lake? :)
Last edited by xhunterko on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Gee..." and she followed him, for once all too happy to be the one not in charge.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Seth wrote:Cool! I've spent way to much time inside this past week I really need to be outside for a while.
Jess just wagged a little as she followed the others. she loved doing things with new friends.
"Anyone got a frisbee or a tennis ball to play with?" Archy asked, "or any ideas what else to do in the park?"

"Enjoy the sun and nap?" Nate said, thinking of just sunning himself.

"No... you could've done that in the vet," Archimedes responded.

"No... the park has soft grass" Nate put in, he liked soft grass. He could claw at it without getting yelled at.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:
Seth wrote:Cool! I've spent way to much time inside this past week I really need to be outside for a while.
Jess just wagged a little as she followed the others. she loved doing things with new friends.
"Anyone got a frisbee or a tennis ball to play with?" Archy asked, "or any ideas what else to do in the park?"

"Enjoy the sun and nap?" Nate said, thinking of just sunning himself.

"No... you could've done that in the vet," Archimedes responded.

"No... the park has soft grass" Nate put in, he liked soft grass. He could claw at it without getting yelled at.
I didn't bring any of that stuff with me but I'm sure we can find something to do. I mean who could be bored at a park?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Parks are always fun. Even without anything to play with, we can just lie down and get to know each other. Or look at the clouds."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch followed the tunnel down it's winds and turns. More then once he checked behind him to make sure Rikki was still there. At one time he stopped for a second and looked at their paws.

Do I even know what I'm doing? He thought for a moment, then he shrugged. Heh, if I did, I'd be sure as to know that I'm not doing it right. Heh. Or how does that saying go? Hmm.

Then they came about half way and Mitch spotted an angel statue in a rounded shrine.

"Huh, take a look," Mitch said, "I wonder if they noticed this?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:"Will do, ma'am." She closed the connection, then turned to Mitch. "Thinking of someone, Mitchy?"
---
"This gallery was well built," Belisarius commented, sniffing at the air. "The occasional depressions allow for the CO to deposit and leave enough breathable air."
By now, the darkness was total. Only Valiant's collar and Lance's torch were illuminating the way.
"Smell anything suspect, love?" Valiant asked.
"Not so far. Funny, I perceive no trace bats, and to think this should be an ideal place for them."
Valiant didn't comment on that...loudly, that is.
Because if bats hadn't made their nest, it could mean that someone else was already living here!
"hmmm that is strange. There are a lot of odd things in this cave, thats for sure." Lance said as he turned to the left again going down the next bend in the passage. His ears perked up "hmmmm, the dripping seems to be getting louder." He muttered as he pushed forward. He could swear he could hear what could be a stream up ahead.
xhunterko wrote:ooc:Anybody up for discovering an underground lake? :)
(OOC: I like that Idea gonna run with it if you don't mind. Also just found out you can quote parts of stuff by highlighting it and then hitting quote. I feel silly for not getting that before now :P)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: By all means, please do! ^^

"Heh, everyone knows that angel statues don't do anything anyways, heh," Mitch said chuckling.

"I wonder how far up ahead they are, hmm," he said, then, letting go of Rikki's hand for a moment.

"HEY YOU GUYS! WHERE YOU AT?" He hollared at the top of his lungs cupping his mouth.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Parks are always fun. Even without anything to play with, we can just lie down and get to know each other. Or look at the clouds."

"That sounds nice" Nate said, thinking more of sunning himself.

"Hm... maybe a game of" Archimedes began to say, then quickly tapped Jessica's shoulder, "TAG!" And then, was bolting off like a little white lightning bolt.

Nate took to it immediately and bolted in the other direction.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The rushing of the water got louder but not overwhelmingly so, and Lance was thankful for that, Lance stepped into another part of the cave at opened up much like the other room. As he looked around he gasped. "Wow that's really cool!" He said as he looked upon a medium sized lake in the middle of the cave room. The room itself was not that big but there was some what of a shoreline to the lake. Rocks littered it all over so there might be a little trouble trying to traverse it, but from what Lance could see, and it was almost all of it, it would not be that hard.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Jessica was in a state of verry temporary shock at first, but she immediately turned to tag Ian
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ah drat, maybe they can't hear us," Mitch said.

"Come on!" Mitch said, dragging her along. He picked up the pace into a slow jog. Hoping to catch up with the others before they got too far ahead.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Ian jumped back and started running in the opposite direction.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Ah drat, maybe they can't hear us," Mitch said.

"Come on!" Mitch said, dragging her along. He picked up the pace into a slow jog. Hoping to catch up with the others before they got too far ahead.
while running along the corridor, Rikki asked the red panda, "What kind of cult do you guys relate to?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch stopped dead in his tracks.

"Cult? Cult?" He asked with a confused look on his face.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The ferret blushed as she scratched herself behind her head. "err, sorry, I mean...your religion, what your tribe believes in."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Um, well, we mostly believe that the one's who've gone before represent us in the spirit world. So we pray to the spirits, our ancestors, and adopt a little Hindu here or there," he said, "We have a prayer tower in which our shaman lives, has our shrines, and where we release our prayer slips once a month. Which isn't too far off. Eh heh heh." He giggled at the last, noticing Rikki's blush.

"Your cute when you blush, heh," he said, giving her a quick cheek kiss, "Come on, we should almost be caught up, and is that water?" He broke into a slow run.
valerio

Post by valerio »

WHY did he have to be so...ubereverything?? After that kiss, Rikki fought hard not to stammer as she answered, "Well, I am supposedly catholic, which means that it's a lot complicated. I should adore an old human somewhere in the sky and his family. A loooot complicated, believe me.
"But us pets, at least the ones I knew in Italy, pray to this guy, that St. Anthony who is supposed to be our spiritual protector. And when someone of us dies, the Saint will listen to his/her confessions and bring him/her to this big God guy to be rejoined with the others in a pretty place called Paradise. I hope there are tofu mice, since we've been told there will be no hunting up there..."
and when Mitch pointed at the water, she went cautiosly to it. "Hm, pretty interesting. Wonder where it originates..." she looked at the angel's statue. Surely this spring was as old as the men who erected it. "I'd like to say it's safe, but I wouldn't bet on it, not now that human activities could ave polluted it. And you're right: let's go find the others."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch listened to Rikki as he ran ahead. He stopped once though for a brief second.

What just happened? What are you doing Mitch? He thought, a look of worry on his face. He shrugged it off.

"That's kinda cool. But, no hunting?" Mitch said, "But how do you survive there then? When we die, we supposedly join our ancentors in our spirit realm home. Where ever that is."
valerio

Post by valerio »

The ferret shrugged. "Told you it was complicated. Looks like in our heaven there will be no hunger and no thirst, so that everyone will love each other instead of fighting. There's also this passage about a lion laying down with the lamb. Cute, but really weird if you ask me. But I'll admit it, I'd love to see that those died by the hands of the humans are now fine and romping in a wood." She hoped the collar's light didn't show her eyes glistening at that last sentence.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:Ian jumped back and started running in the opposite direction.
Jess ran after him, Ian's short stature put him at a bit of a disadvantage.
(OOC: Ian is a short breed, right? I kinda forget.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Seth wrote:Ian jumped back and started running in the opposite direction.
Jess ran after him, Ian's short stature put him at a bit of a disadvantage.
(OOC: Ian is a short breed, right? I kinda forget.)
Ian looked back and saw Jess gaining on him, he sped up and tried to pull away.
(ooc: No but he's pretty bulky so either way jess would probably be faster.)
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

When Jess saw that she was catching up to Ian, she jumped forward for one last burst of speed as she reached out to tag him.
(OOC: Oh, okay then.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Ian couldn't seem to get away from the more agile dog, he laughed good naturedly when she tagged him. Ya got me! I'll give you five seconds head start.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Jessica immediately ran back in the opposite direction, towards Archy and Nate.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance looked back as Mitch and Rikki joined the group. "Hey you two did you contact my mom?" He asked them as he examined the lake.

(OOC: sorry been a bit busy with work and stuff.)
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Sissignore, we did. She's sending the staff to take care of the ossario. And what about you? Found anything?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch glanced around for a brief moment.

"LAKE!!!" He said exitedly. He shucked off his bags, his collar, and nestled his torch in between two rocks, stepped back, then jumped in.

"CANNONBALL!!!" He added at the last second,forming one, then plunging into the deep.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki's eyes gree wide with terror as she saw him 'undress' and run toward the water. "Mitch, no! We still don't know if the water is pois*ack!" but then she was splashed all the way.
The ferret then put her finger to her mouth. "Well, it doesn't taste poisonous..."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Poisoned? Poisoned you say?" Mitch said, "That's impossible for two things. One, this is their water supply. And two, this is also a fresh water spring. Just like the pool at the angel statue we found. I thought you knew how to recognize that? And besides, the water's fine any way. Heh." He finished, trying to hide a slight teeth chatter. Fortunately for Mitch, his splash had entirely missed his torch.

ooc: was pretty sure you guys took the collars off when swimming, hm.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Well well well," Valiant said, approaching the lake. "Looks like someone *does* know how to have fun, don't you agree Rikki?"
"If you say so, boss. But I'm not sure it's still a good idea to take a dip in this place. True, it's spring fresh water, but it could contain alkaline*ACK! NO! BOSS, DON'T YOU DARE!"
The wolfdog had grabbed his old friend by the scruff. "You worry too much, belin. Time to join the fun." And with that, he tossed the ferret in the water.
"I HATE YOUUU*splash!*
She emerged, sputtering and cursing, a moment later.