Hey guys... We need to talk about this...

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey guys... We need to talk about this...

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

So... This is a bit upsetting to me...

So... There have been a couple of problems lately which I can't really get into, and Dissension told me that posting about it here might be a good idea. The problem I'm having is that, despite my constant insistence that I'm a wacky, fun guy who you can come to for anything, people seem to see me as being "strict" or confrontational, like they can't question or confront me. This is bad, because I'm honestly just a roleplaying section member, just like you, who is just trying to keep everyone happy and everything running smoothly: I don't want anyone to feel like the moderator position means they can't talk to me like a regular person.

This is actually why I keep asking everyone to talk to me over IRC, IM, and Skype: when you get me on there, it's pretty obvious that I'm not strict or mean in any way. I'm like Sid: I actually do have a problem with not sounding WAY more abrasive than I mean to be, and while I try to be friendly, I notice it doesn't come across that way as well as I like. The truth is that no post you ever read from me has been ever or will be angry or anything like that: I'm not that sort of person, even if I sound like it sometimes.

The truth is I don't even CARE too much about the forum rules. None of the forums I've owned myself had rules about swearing or anything like that, just the normal "no fighting" and "don't be stupid" stuff. I'm perfectly willing to enforce whatever Rick expects from us for being on his site, and I know that there are plenty of you who appreciate the "safe environment", but I'm not going to get angry with anyone for accidentally breaking them. Remember, I have a couple of the more raunchy characters on the site: I know it's hard not to push the rating too far. I'm not here to get anyone in trouble, I'm just here to keep them out of trouble: that's why I popped in that one time in Applegate, I just wanted to make sure you weren't about to push the rating too far without realizing it, because I didn't want anyone to get in trouble. I HATE having to deal out any sort of negative consequences, and consider it a success that I've managed not to so far, and I intend to keep it that way.

And despite Dissension's insistence to the contrary, I DON'T mind when people question or criticize what I do, in fact, I'd rather you tell me exactly how you feel about any bad decisions I've made. No one's getting in trouble just for questioning my judgement. You can all feel free to tell me if I'm getting too intrusive or insistent, especially about things like getting on Skype or not playing something a certain way, which isn't even me talking as a mod, just someone who has to read through every single post made in the section. (yeah, I actually do that, and I kind of enjoy the more interesting bits)

The main point that I'm trying to get at here though, is that I'm the same guy I was before I got the position, and I'd like you all to keep treating me that way, rather than worrying that I'm going to do something if you "step out of line" or anything like that...

Also, stop worrying about Dissension already. He's not gonna start banning anyone from the forums any time soon, and is almost as laid back as me. He's just hanging around in the OOC to make sure we're doing a good job as moderators, and I've been talking to him alot about not calling out what I've already brought up...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Hey guys... We need to talk about this...

Post by Seth »

if I could make one request
next time you send us a little reminder (for the record I had no problem with you doing that) could you please do it in the OOC not the main thread. I know it's just a little nitpicky thing but still...
Other than that I don't have any particular gripes about how you moderate.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

K, I try and keep it to the OOC normally, but I'll keep it in mind if I find myself doing it in the actual RP thread...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
caelei

Post by caelei »

Just to be clear, I've never had nor will probably ever have a problem with you, RR.
You always seem pretty laid back. To me, at least. And helpful. ^^
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

As green as Grass that I am I haven't seen anything you've said to be hurtful to me, just having a good laugh or joke with somebody. And the Appplegate thing didn't seem at any point hostile, I mean you have to tell us when the border gets seen if you didn't you wouldn't be a good Mod, right? So in my opinion I say excellent Modding job.
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

You're the best.....around! You are the most awesome mod EVAR. Never doubt that, okay? You've been on top of things, doing what you're supposed to, and looking good doing it! You're one of the few mod's that roleplay with us, and all of them are awesome! Never forget how awesome you are. Also, I love your fanfic.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
valerio

Post by valerio »

hey, mod, just to be clear on that: I LOVE your picking at my posts. You do that with STYLE, so feel free to intervene at your leisure. :D