[Webcomic PG-13] Housepets! 1X

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Re: [Fancomic PG-13] Housepets! 1X

Post by _Stu_ »

“Oh look!” one of the two lynx started to talk. His voice was everything except for warm or only good to hear. “We have two newcomers here! You see them bro?”
“Of course I see them” unlike his brother, the other lynx had a very warm voice, quite charming. The perfect opposite. “But maybe they don’t know da rule around here. We are good citizens, let us explain what they have to do now”
Spike stood up as soon as he finished spitting out all the sand from his mouth. “What the hell is wrong with you!? Why did you destroyed our (magnificent) castle!?”
“Yeah” said Primo while trying to remove the sand from his ears “Why did you do this!?”
The two lynx smiled arrogantly “to have your attention”
“That’s all?” Spike was starting to lose his poor patience.
“Yeah, that’s all. You’re here because…?”
“We’re here on vacations, duh?”
“Two city dandies like you, on this beach? So you really don’t know the rules!”
Spike went closer to them “we would love to hear those rules. Really, it’ll be hilarious”
“It’s simple, city dumbs like you are off limits here. This is a serious beach for serious people who wanna play for real”
“Sorry, I’m not sure we wanna play with you” Spike mentioned a sarcastic smile “if you know what I mean, masculine guys”
Primo was laughing stealthily “Go Spike! Show them what a city dumb can do only with his mouth!”
“You got a sharp tongue, blacky” the first lynx said “you act well with it… but what about the surf?”
“T-the surf?” Spike’s face changed suddenly to a surprised one “Surf what?”
“Surf, guys! You don’t even know what a surfboard is?”
“We know what a surfboard is, I just don’t get what this has to do with those things we were just talking about”
“HA! You’re joking right? This is Honolulu” the second lynx took a step forward “Honolulu’s beaches are governed by the surfin’ law. And you know how to surf properly, city dandies?”
“Just snap out of it,” said Primo as he went to Spike’s side “we got names. I’m Primo, the great and fascinating actor, and this is Spike, the not-so-cruel but scary avenger who also is my best friend and bodyguard only if it’s not a problem”
“Yeah, good introduction Primo” said Spike pouting “so, are you two going to introduce yourselves?”

The two lynx assumed a strange formation that sounded so uncool but ridiculous. You remember the Ginew Squad from Dragon Ball? Almost the same, but even more ridiculous. It was like watching at the Twister World Tournament, even if I’m not sure it exists.

“WE ARE THE SURFIN’ CHAMPIONS OF THIS BEACH! THE MAGNIFICENT TWINS! SOAD AND BROADWAY!”

Spike and Primo looked blankly toward the twins. Their eyes were speaking loudly ‘so what?’. Especially Spike was disgusted: two irritating dudes like them with those important names.
“Awful” the black german shepherd said “simply… awful”
“What do you mean?” the two lynx voices were totally in sync.
“Soad? Broadway? Those names on someone like YOU?”
Primo was staring at Spike “why are you saying this?”
“Soad actually seem a stupid name” said Spike “but with ‘Broadway’ it makes sense. And they’re not worthy to have those names. ‘Soad’ is the acronym for ‘System of a Down’, and ‘Broadway’ is part of the new name of the previous group when Serj Tankian left for his solo career, ‘Scars on Broadway’”
“You mean the alternative metal group? I didn’t think you were an expert in these things”
“SOAD is my favorite group EVER. And I’m disgusted to see such a glorious name on a beach jerk like him!”
“Hey!” Soad quickly went close to Spike, looking him face to face “you got a problem with our names? I admit it, I’m impressed to see that someone like you is a SOAD fan, but I won’t allow you to say we are not worthy of our names!”
“Calm down brother” said Broadway, putting a paw on Soad shoulder “let’s settle this on the battlefield… you two know you can’t stay here if you don’t know how to surf right?”
“We can’t? And you’re the one who take decision here?” Spike was starting to become a little angry.
“Maybe” Broadway took his surfboard lying the ground “so? You know how to do this right?”
“Maybe” Spike showed a relaxed smile.
“Spike” whispered Primo to Spike ear “why don’t we simply go away? We don’t know how to surf”
“Stay here and watch” said the german shepherd “I’ve never surfed before, but I still have a card to play… u know what”
“Are you sure? You’re not forced to do this, we can just change beach”
“Oh, but I have no intention to change, Primo” Spike turned to the twin lynx “Yo! So, what we have to do to stay here?”
“Just prove that you’re as good as us, take this surfboard and—“

Soad hadn't the time to finish the phrase. Spike quickly took the board from his hands, and began to run towards the sea. It was getting late, sun was halved by the horizon, and the sky was red and splendid. The wind blew powerfully, forming waves of a certain size.

Spike lowered his sunglasses, just in time to hide the silvery glow of his transformed eyes.

- - - -
copper wrote:I prefer bobcats, since the name is so fun, and I live in Florida, where they are fairly common. Lynx are cool though. Wonder where they came from. :lol:

And yes, there are minor mistakes, but just because of translation, I am sure. Nothing horribly bad. One suggestion I would give is to make it a bit clearer as to who is speaking in that first part...
You mean i should say who's talking in the first phrase or the entire first part? I'll check anyway ;)
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I finally caught up with your updates. Great job.
I kinda like Linux (horrible pun intended)
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Interesting update here... keep working on your writing and you will be awesome at it in no time!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Soad and Broadway were both looking at Spike that was running to the sea. Primo was looking too, worried about his friend, hoping that he knew what he was doing.
“Your friend is insane, dude” said Broadway with a creepy smile “it’s obvious he don’t even know how to use the surfboard”
“Oh yeah? We’ll see” Primo was trying to seem optimistic. Probably the lynx was right though.
“Yeah, I’m not kidding, your friend is going to take that wave right to his face”
“It’s too late,” added Soad “he can’t take that wave, he’s better wait for the next one. But I doubt he’ll do such”
He’s right, thought Primo. That wave was way too close to the beach and it was already starting to close. It was too late, but Spike did not stop, he was still running.
“SPIKE! DON’T!” yelled Primo, but Spike was ignoring him.

The black dog jumped forward with energy, as the wave was closing on him. Soad and Broadway looked at him with an astonished face, like how did he jump like that?
The wave split into two vertically. The two lynx and Primo couldn’t believe to their eyes. He couldn’t avoid the wave, so he used the board combined to the horizontal jump to create a hole. The question was how he managed to jump with such a power to break the wave. Soad and Broadway couldn’t respond. Primo knew the answer.

Spike sat on the board, looking for the next wave.
“Phew, it worked” he said to himself “I wasn’t sure of it… I must be more careful from now on”.
The second wave was coming. Spike swallowed, that was quite bigger than the previous one even from the distance.
“Ok, now—“Spike was still sitting on the surfboard. What should he do now? He swallowed twice: he didn’t know how to keep going with it. But the wave was not waiting for him.
“Ok ok stay calm, you surely have to… c’mon, I gotta remember, I saw that on TV flower power!”
Spike reminded that surfers usually start lying down on the surfboard, swimming towards the wave. “It’s worth a shot, I’m no more than a target here”, Spike’s eyes turned silver again.
The next wave was getting closer and closer… finally Spike was on it, ready to show his valor. “Ok, according to the TV movies about surfin’ guys… now I have to stand up on the board”, suddenly a splash of water hit his eyes even if he had sunglasses on them.
“Ack!” yelled Spike, that was also starting to lose balance “I must use my powers here, I’m not a surfer! 50% UNLOCK!”
The black dog immediately resumed his balance. By unlocking his mental limits, he decided to increase reflexes, balance and muscle mass. “This should be enough… at least I hope so, I can’t unlock too much limits at the same time”.

The time has come, the wave was starting to close on the right. Spike took the surfboard and turned violently on the left, using his powered arm to ignore the water resistance. With its enhanced balance, Spike resumed his position on the board… in the end, his reflexes were directed to identify any deformation in the wave that could possibly make him fall. Everything was perfect, the wave was running really fast, but Spike was able to go faster, producing some (controlled) special move to impress his audience. He knew that his performance had to be impressive to gain the lynx respect, so he had to do it even if he didn’t want to increase the risk of falling into the dangerous wave… that was growing bigger every second.
“This can’t be happening” said Spike looking at the enormous thing that was chasing him. “I got no choice but to run for the shore!”
The wave was finally closing at the end of its life cycle. Spike placed his lower left leg at the lower end of the table and the other leg in the middle, taking advantage from the acceleration to reach the shore. At high speed, Spike reached the two lynx’s feet almost like a skater more than a surfer. Primo, Soad and Broadway couldn’t say anything, the show they just saw was almost unreal.

Primo forced himself not to be astonished, “You see? City dandies my butt” said the orange akita.
Spike took off his glasses as his eyes were turning to normal “Now, tell me… can we stay or not?”
Soad and Broadway looked at each other. They smiled, filled with excitement.
“Not too shabby” said Broadway “maybe we underestimated you… just a little”
“But” intervened Soad “perhaps you’ve gone too far… just a little”
“What?” Spike was confused, he has gone too far? What did he mean?
“You proved your valor dude, but you have also reached our level” said Soad, walking with folded arms “now you are listed for this beach conquest”
“B-beach conquest?” Said Primo, the thing was getting weirder every second.
“Ya, beach conquest” Broadway closed his eyes “y’know, this is our beach. We own this place as the surf champions. And you are discussing this last point with your performance”.
“We’re not discussing ANYTHING” said Spike concerned about the consequences “YOU said that we were out of place here, so WE proved you were wrong, nothing more”
“Yes, but we saw your abilities and we’re worried about our social status… so we need to challenge you, tomorrow, here on this beach”
“Challenge… me?”
“No, Challenge YOU. We’re two, so we’re challenging you BOTH”
“W-WHAT!?” Primo swallowed, Spike had powers from his side… but the akita was completely unarmed.
Soad Smiled. “Tomorrow, 10 o’clock, right here. Now if you’ll excuse us, we’ll have to warn everyone about this challenge, we’ll have a good audience, you’ll see”
“Oh, one more thing” added Broadway “don’t be late, we can’t be sure you’ll show up. A single minute delay will be interpreted as a defeat for abandonment”
“B-but—“ the two dogs didn’t know what to say. They both knew they had no chance against two TRUE surfers.
“See ya tomorrow!” they said in unison, moving away from the beach.

“Primo” said Spike looking at the akita “Lollipop Chainsaw sounded more intriguing than a surfing challenge against the kings of this beach”
“And if we lose, we’re out” Primo was down in the dumps “I’m sorry, this is all my fault”
“Your fault? I’m the one who tried to be highly cool on that table. I guess we have to change beach, let’s go tell mom and dad we’re movin--”
“NO” Primo’s eyes were on fire “don’t tell’em. Let us accept this challenge instead”
“You’re out of your mind? You know nothing about surfing”
“But I can learn… we have the night, the wind is strong and the waves are big enough. We can do this!”
“I don’t know Primo… weren’t you the one who wanted to leave in the first place?”
“I changed my mind… thanks to you. I bet you know nothing about surfing, too”
“It’s different, I powered reflexes, muscles and balance, you can’t”
“I know, but thanks to TV and movies we share the same knowledge, so all I have to do is to get used and learn! It’s always a matter of habit” Primo took a step ahead “Let’s train then!”
“Uh, It’s almost dinner time” Spike touched his stomach.
“You’re right. Right after dinner!”
“Sure, if you want to get sick of congestion”
“Two hours after dinner then, at 9 o’clock!”
“Half past 9 is more appropriate”
“And half past nine it is then” Primo began to feel demoralized. But he couldn’t lose the chance. He could finally fight with Spike against someone, or at least this time wasn’t the victim. A long night to train, and a long day to prove his strength.
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

awsome update, but I still find it strange they use bathing suit on the beach since they're always naked. XD
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

angelusbr wrote:awsome update, but I still find it strange they use bathing suit on the beach since they're always naked. XD
you're right, but i had to... without them they seemed just TOO naked xD

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

_Stu_ wrote:
angelusbr wrote:awsome update, but I still find it strange they use bathing suit on the beach since they're always naked. XD
you're right, but i had to... without them they seemed just TOO naked xD
:lol: Oh, I have heard that a lot in cartoon shows... I NEVER got it....

Nice update. Primo is going to be a natural. :roll:
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

“HOP HOP HOP! Don’t lose the rhythm! JUMP JUMP JUMP!”

That night, the few visitors of the beach could see a weird show: two dogs, a black german shepherd and an orange akita inu, running and jumping without any sense of rhythm using stupid jingles that recalled the ones of the army, but based on waves, surfing victory and death by drowning. The black one seemed tireless, but the orange one was exhausted, and he was falling repeatedly on the sand.
“PRIMO!” Spike was acting like sergeant Hartman “GOD! Even mom can do something better than this! And this is just the beginning! You want to beat those lynx by hyperventilating down there? ON YOUR FEET!”
“Just SHUT UP, you moron” Primo stood up on his feet again “I need to learn how to surf and train in one night, and you make me waste our time with THIS!? Running in circles and singing stupid jingles!?”
“We can’t risk a muscle strain, surfing is no easy deal”
“We warmed up for an hour! It’s half past 10 now! We need to sleep too! So, we got to HURRY!”
“Uh, maybe I’ve gone too far with this… ok, let’s learn how to surf! My own way”
“Your own way. I need to worry?”
“No, just learn as I did”
“Uh?”
“I’ll be here watching, you go into the sea and learn by yourself using your TV memories”
“Oh. ……….WHAT?”
“You heard me. I have nothing to teach you as my knowledge are the same as yours”
“And you send me to die then? Great plan!”
“Oh please, I’ll save you if I see you’re in danger. I’ll be here ready to jump into water”
“……ok then; I’m going” Primo took a deep breath, and then he went into the water, ready to ride his first wave as a surfer.

Not too far from there, on a high cliff, Broadway and Soad were observing the two dogs on the beach.
“I’ve got some salmon, Soad” said Broadway “You want it raw or cooked?”
“You know I like it cooked” Soad began to light a little fire “Tell me brother… what do you see there?”
“A pathetic orange dog who don’t even know how to use his board?”
“Two friends Broad. Two… brothers. Like us”
“They’re not brothers like us, they act more like friends”
“If you say so…”
“We will use the same module as always for tomorrow?”
“Yes, I want our chances to be the same. Especially if they are not at our level”
“That Spike seems to be dangerous though” Broadway was staring at the two dogs from a distance “We better watch out for him, he’s… weird”
“I agree, but as you see his friend is not so good. He’s repeatedly falling into water. He’s a total disaster, and the great bond between the two is his weak point. We don’t need anything else”
“So the module n#2 is for them uh?” Broadway smiled “How sweet”
“Of course is for them. We need to balance so they can have a chance. Now let’s eat and sleep, tomorrow will be a busy day”

Spike was yelling from the seashore, trying to help his friend on the surfboard.
“Primo, when you stand up on the table don’t lose your concentration! You don’t have to be scared, ok? It’s like skating!”
“I’ve never used a skate in my entire life Spike!” said Primo.
“Oh. That’s a problem”
“C’mon, what should I do now!? I’m tired, I wanna sleep, but I also want to ride this thing by tomorrow!”
“I told you! Relax and don’t be scared! Fear is your worst enemy!”
“Ok… I’ll try!”
Primo stood up slowly, trying to fight the fear of losing balance. The next wave was getting close, he had to hurry.
“I did it Spike! I-I’m on it!”
“Good!” Spike was exulting from the shore “now stay calm and don’t lose balance! You have to ride that wave! You can do it! Remember: use your weight and if you can’t keep balance help yourself with a hand on the table!”
“Roger!” Primo shyly started to ride the wave. It was a small one, good for a beginner and not dangerous.
“You’re doing great! Now you only have to get used to it!”
“Hey! It’s fun! It’s really fun! I’m riding a wave Spike! YAY!”
“Stay focused or you’ll fall!”
Filled with excitement, Primo fell in the first half of the wave. Spike sighed closing his eyes, watching for his friend transported to the shore by the sea flow.
“This time you were close” said the black dog sitting on the sand, as the flow was carrying the akita close to him “you have to keep concentrating”
“Eh” Primo was smiling “ Eh eh eh… ah ah ah ah ah AH AHA HAHA AHAH AH!”
“Uh?”
“I can do this Spike, you were right: It’s not impossible. Even without powers, I can do this!”
Spike smiled “I know, not so hard isn’t it?”
“Yeah. I’ve not done yet, this is only the beginning, and I’m going to be perfect by tomorrow!”
“I doubt you’ll be perfect, but we need to beat’em… this is bigger than us”
“We can do it, we’re gonna win even if this means to go for dirty tricks”
“You mean we should cheat?” Spike was staring at Primo, interested in his words.
“Why not? I mean, they don’t seem to be plaster saints too, an eye for an eye”
“The duel’s not even started yet and you already think on cheating? And let’s see,you had something in mind?”
“Well we… we, uh… I don’t know, we should…”
“The truth is, we know nothing of this sport, so we don’t know how to cheat too”
“Uh, maybe you’re right. So what?”
“We will train till 3.00, and then we go to sleep. Easy deal”
“Well then. Let’s continue to train for the two remaining hours!”
As the two hours passed, the two dogs returned to the Hotel the same way they went out… climbing the windows to their room, being sure mom and dad didn’t notice.

The next morning, the beach was full of people. Soad and Broadway made sure that everyone in the area was aware of the challenge.
Some of them took the amplifiers connected to the microphones, so to comment the show as some kind of TV show. Of course there was no local TV, but many people had a smartphone ready to record the challenge and post it on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, everywhere. That actually sounded like a great event after all.
“Where are they?” said Broadway “it’s almost time”
“Don’t worry, they’ll come”
“Are you sure?”
“Darn sure.”

Distantly, two dogs were approaching. A black german shepherd with sunglasses and an akita with some big and cool headphones around his neck. They both had a surfboard in tune with their attitude.
Soad grinned. “Here they are. Now we’re ready to start!”

- - - -

Also, i noticed just now! 50000 visits! Thank you all folks! :D

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Primo used surf
It wasn't very effective.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, looks like Primo is going to have fun! Spike is way too serious. He needs to loosen up!

Why the headphones....? :|

Congrats on 50,000!
My characters
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Hooray for 50,000!

Wonder how they practice surfing when the tide vary?
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

The audience was starting to warm up, the two challengers were getting close with a cool Baywatch slow-mo and a metalish theme song out from nowhere (actually, from Primo’s headphones at max volume). That seemed kinda weird to everyone, but no one cared more than the necessary.
“Heeeeeeeeereee we aaaaaare!“ yelled Primo and Spike, assuming a strange pose to tease the two lynx.
“Very funny” Broadway smiled “I hope you won’t go down to the first wave now that you’re having a good time with jokes”
“We were just kidding folk” said Spike “what, u mad?”
Soad laughed “Come on Broadway, accept the joke and don’t get mad for so little!”
“Yeah, right” said Broadway “we wasted enough time. Let’s start with da rules”
“Ok” Primo pricked up his ears “we’re ready”
“First rule: no rule” Soad took his surfboard “ready?”
“Wait wait wait!” Spike panicked “you mean… nothing? At all? No rules?”
“Ya hear me, no rules fella”
“You mean we can do what we want… and YOU can do as you wish too!?”
“Sort of”
Spike looked concerned, that was unexpected. He thought the challenge actually HAD rules… something to place limits on them and give to the two dogs a minimal chance of victory. No rules means no limits, victory decided by crude ability. In other words, they were totally screwed.
“Primo, this is bad”
“I know” the akita’s face looked all serious “they’re limitless, they can even play dirty”
“Yeah… we also can, but they are surely more used to this sport than us”
“We don’t know what they have in mind, so we—“
“Oh, one last thing before we start” Soad went close to the two dogs, placing his paws on their shoulders “we’re not going to use tricks or dirty stuff. We’ll leave that to you”
“W-what?” said Spike and Primo in unison.
“Eh eh eh… yeah, you heard right. You may think we choose the no rules mode because we want to trick you, but it’s not like that. We wanna give you a chance, nothing more. This is a strength challenge: the last one standing on his board wins”
“You’re saying we have no choice but to cheat!?”
“Exactly”
“…go **** yourself” said Spike apparently calm. But inside he was burning with rage, ‘who the heck they think they are?’ he thought.
“As you wish. Now, ready to go?”
“Of course we are”
“On the line then. The sexy girl right there will give us the start”
“Sexy girl?” said Primo “this looks like Fast and Furious. With more tanned chicks and less night illegal stuff”

The four contenders were all on the starting line. Now the only thing to wait was the start from the girl.
“Are you ready?” she said “this challenge will decide the new king of the beach! God this is SO hot!”

Spike was looking at Soad angrily.
Primo was searching for the right position to start.
Soad grinned at Spike, sure of his words’ effectiveness on him.
Broadway was enjoying the strange positions assumed by Primo.

The girl lowered her hand with the speed of a guillotine.

“GO!”

The four surfers began to run towards the sea when they heard the word “G”. Their reflexes were as taut as violin strings, ready to react to every external event.
Soad and Broadway… they were experts and brothers, and it was quite evident. They dived into the sea like two sides of the same mirror. On the contrary, Primo and Spike were uncoordinated and clumsy. They could consider a victory the fact that only a few were laughing at them from the shore instead of the entire beach.
It took them more than the lynx, but at last the two dogs reached the open sea, where Soad and Broad were waiting for them.
“Tired already?” The two lynx said together with a smile.
The two dogs could not admit it, but they were tired for real. The night training was devastating, they slept only a few hours and that morning the wind was blowing more vigorously towards the coast, increasing the magnitude of the waves.
“It’s useless Primo” gasped Spike, lying on the surfboard “we’ll never win against them. This is all wrong”
“I agree” Primo was no less than Spike as tiredness “we had to study a better strategy than this”
“I hate to admit it, but we have no choice but to cheat”
“But how?”
“They said no rules, and this is a strength challenge. We have to make them fall into water to gain our victory”
“Like Italian Spiderman versus Captain Maximum?”
“Sorta... Italian what?”
“Italian Spiderman! It’s famous on the web!”
“Oh. So what?”
“He calls some penguins to make Captain Maximum fall into water during a surfing competition! Isn’t that genial?”
“Yeah well, we have no penguins. The only one I knew is dead, and he was the kind of penguin who solved problems with guns”
“What are talking about?”
“Never mind. And what the hell! We don’t have penguins! Let’s think for something else!”
“IT’S COMING!” Soad and Broadway prepared themselves to face the sea fury.
The wave was getting close. And it was BIG. They were far from the shore and that wave was already closing violently.
“Sh—“ Spike closed his mouth, too scared to complete that word “Primo! Watch out!”
The akita had already begun to ride the wave and he was already starting to stand up on the board. Spike couldn’t believe to his eyes, was that Primo’s fear? Or the previous night training? Or both combined to create a good surfer? At the time, it was the last of the problems.
Spike lowered his sunglasses to hide his silver eyes. 50% unlock, same conditions as the day before. The black german shepherd rode the wave lying on the table, reaching his friend in a second.
“How did you do that?” said Spike “I’m rather surprised”
“You know” Primo’s eyes were closing “when this thing will be over, I think I’ll sleep for a week”
Spike laughed “I knew it, you trained all night didn’t you?”
“Yeah… I’m exhausted, but now I can ride almost the same as you all”
“Eh. This changes everything” Spike smiled defiantly “NOW we can cheat properly”

The four contenders were in the middle on the wave, trying to stand on the table without falling into water. The two lynx had no problem at all, the two dogs had some problems, but at last they did it.
“Yo brother!” said Broadway “Did you see? They’re not so bad!”
“I told ya” Soad was looking at Primo and Spike “they have talent, but only with the cheating rule they have a chance”
“So we can’t use that rule for us?”
“Absolutely not”
“Aww”
“You’re good enough not to use tricks”
Broadway looked at Soad with frustration. Then he turned his head to watch for the two dogs… but they weren’t there anymore.

Primo and Spike disappeared. Perhaps they fell into the sea.

“SOAD!” yelled Broadway “I LOST THEM!”
“Uh?” Soad was looking in all directions, searching for them. “They disappeared? They failed? So I was wrong on them?”
Broadway slowly looked up… and saw a strange figure over his brother.
“SOAD! LOOK OUT!”
The lynx raise his head to look up… Spike was right on him ready to throw him off board.
“ONE CHANCE!” Spike jumped from his surfboard which was immediately devoured by the sea. There was nothing Soad could do, the german shepherd was already on his surfboard, grabbing the lynx’s upper paws.
“LET ME GO!” yelled Soad.
“Hey! You’re the one who said no rules! Now, give me your surfboard and go meet the fishes!”
“I’ll never…!”
The situation was already critical: Spike and Soad were on the same surfboard, trying to throw each other into water. On the other side, Primo was getting close to Broadway to do the same, while the lynx was too busy watching his brother. It’s all or nothing. That was Spike and Primo’s strategy, no defense, just an unexpected and strong attack using the surprise effect.
“HEY!” Broadway suddenly turned on Primo “you think I’m an idiot? I know you’re trying to do the same thing!”
“Tsk” Primo’s plan failed even before he could claim it started. He could only pray for Spike’s success now.
“Lemme go!” Soad was yelling from his side of the board, trying to get free from the black dog’s grip “how you can possibly be so strong!?”
“Balanced diet, you should try that kitty!” Spike was trying to bend on his left to make the lynx fall, but Soad experience was undeniable: even with a guest on his board gripping his paws, his balance was perfect. From the other side, Spike’s inexperience was evident, so the fight was fair after all… no one could say who would have fallen first. The truth usually lies in the middle. And that was the case.
Spike tried a desperate sudden move on the right. It worked, Soad lost his perfect balance. But also Spike’s feet were no longer touching the surfboard. They both fell in the water, leaving the lead of the challenge to the two remaining contenders… Primo and Broadway.
“SPIKE!”
“BROTHER!”

Two challengers were out. The competition was not over yet, Primo knew he had to win at all costs. He couldn’t fail.

- - - -

Upload from a cellphone :shock: it took an hour literally

valerio

Post by valerio »

(late) congrats for your 50000!!! Well deserved number :D
Finally caught up! And an awesome written chapter this keeps going to be, bravissimo!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

yo go, Primo!
Also congratulation for the 50.000!
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

The girl must be a cute cat lady for Soad to call her sexy. ;)

That was unexpected that the young actor dog could keep up.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Spitting and wiping their eyes, Spike and Soad emerged from the water shortly after.
“Gosh, I failed” Spike was quite disappointed “Primo… he can’t do this alone!”
“Relax” Soad was emptying his ears from water “he’ll be fine”
“But he… I mean… he’s not—“
“I said relax, it’s only a game. If you lose you can stay in this beach if you want”
“W-what? But you said—“
“I know what I said. I only wanted a true challenge, that’s all”
“And you said those things only to have a challenge!? COME ON!” Spike’s patience was coming to an end.
“Sorry, I know, maybe we have gone too far with this… we wanted to see your best shot. Don’t say you didn’t have fun”
“Maybe a little… just a little, we were fighting for our vacations after all, nothing else”
“Yeah, but you had fun or not?”
“…yeah” Spike smiled “yeah, that was really entertaining”
“Eh, I knew it!”
“I don’t get it… why you two bullied us then?”
“Actually we just wanted to bully you at first, but then you have shown your talent… and the rule ‘no surf no party’ is true”
“So it was just a case”
“Exactly. Sorry for this joke, but we couldn’t resist, you’re very good, both of you, we could even become friends”
“Eh, sorry, I hate jocks like you”
The lynx and the dog looked at each other before starting to laugh. They were not so different after all.

“Darn” Primo began to falter, without Spike his winning chances were quite low. And Broadway was more experienced and crafty.
“What’s the matter kid? You can’t surf alone?” Broadway’s voice was really annoying. Especially when he was taunting someone.
“I… I can beat you even without using my legs!”
“I hope so, ‘cause I’m not so good as my brother”
“What do you mean by that?”
“He wanted to challenge you only for fun. You two know how to surf, and this is enough for this beach rules… but I’m not ok with it! He’s always the one making the rules like a ‘good king’, but now I’m sick of this situation. Revolution starts NOW”
“Wait wait wait you mean this challenge is USELESS!? Last night I slept an hour or so for NOTHING!?”
“It WAS useless. Yeah, it was only 4fun, but it’s over, he fell into water, so he’s banned from this beach, he’s the king no more. Your friend too, he’s out. And now is your turn!”
Primo looked at Broadway’s eyes… what he saw was frustration. Rage. Envy. And sadness.
The akita lowered his ears, staring at the ocean. That challenge took an unpleasant turn, a turn that Primo didn’t like at all.
Suddenly, Broadway gulped, surprised of what he saw.
Primo, in his own volition, jumped from his surfboard into water. He had lost.

Broadway was the new ruler of the beach. The decision to share the title with Soad as his brother made some time before was up to him now.

Spike and Soad reached the shore swimming. Once there, what they found was a great number of spectators, cheering them for the great show they has performed. At least the general public was not disappointed, a good start.
Soaked as the water itself, they went in direction of the towels, joking like old friends. But… in front of them they found Primo and Broadway. They were silent, waiting for their teammates.
“Yo!” Soad and Spike said in chorus “how’s the challenge so far?”
“…” The other two didn’t answer.
“I bet you have both resisted uh? Then it’s time for the second round, face to face!” Soad was really excited.
“There will be no second round” Broadway intervened “I won”
Spike gulped “It’s true Primo? Darn! This sucks”
“Yeah, it’s true” Primo started to walk away “C’mon Spike, there’s nothing for us in this beach. Let’s go and choose for another beach to stay”
“What? Why?”
“Broadway is the new ruler of this beach. He said we are out”
“Don’t worry Primo, it was only a joke! I talked to Soad and—“
“Oh right, Soad is banned too”
“WHAT!?” the red lynx leaped “Brother! Tell me it’s not true!”
“…Bro I… I didn’t mean to…”
“Don’t call me ‘bro’ anymore, I’m outta here. All hail the new king Broadway! Enjoy your status, you’re alone now”
He was right. He finally got what he wanted, the beach was under his control. But he lost his brother. His family. He had nothing.
“Please wait!” yelled Broadway kneeling in front of Soad and the two dogs “I can see it now! This is what I always dreamed, but it’s not what I always NEEDED! Please, don’t leave me alone…”
Soad sighed, walking towards his brother. He put his paws on his shoulders, looking right into his eyes. “You finally understood. This is not about ruling the beach. We gotta stay together, like brothers, with our friends”
“Yeah” Broadway smiled “you’re right. You’re always right big bro. I was foolish and childish”
The two dogs behind them smiled. Yeah, they were not so different, after all.

---- ---- ----

“Guys! Come on, we’re already late for our flight!” yelled Mr Roberts.
“Comin’!” Spike and Primo said together. It was time for them to go back to Babylon after this long and lively vacation.
“So you’re leaving already?” Soad and Broadway seemed kinda sad.
“Unfortunately, our vacation’s over” the black german shepherd was pulling the umbrella out from the sand “time to come back to routine”
“I hope you’ll come back soon” said Broadway, that was helping Primo on taking the bags “Like, dunno, next year”
“Let’s say we have… ‘programs’ for the years to come” said Primo smiling.
“Of course we have telephones. You have a phone right?” Spike was doubtful even while taking it for granted.
“Uh yes, c’mon bro, take a pen and write our number somewhere”
“I’m on it” Broadway was searching for a piece of paper… actually, he was looking for a pen too.
“And if you want, you can come to Babylon Gardens, too! We’re at 23rd, close to that famous restaurant where customers usually commit suicide after lunch"
“Oh, we heard about it!” Soad went to the two dogs “then… see ya, city dandies”
Spike and Primo smiled “See ya!”

“Ready for airplane Spike?” Primo showed an evident troll face.
“Tsk, I have got pills” said Spike “try again, you’ll have better luck”
“A strong hero like you, afraid of flying” chuckled Primo.
“I’m not a hero. Never was. Never will be”
“Yeah yeah, a Metal Gear Solid 4 reference. How cliché”
“Heh. Come on, we gotta go now”

Primo and Spike’s vacation was finally over. Spike was not a hero, true. And Primo’s life was about to change forever because of him… if we can call this ‘life’ change.

But this is another, cold story.
Last edited by _Stu_ on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well, that ending seemed a bit overly dramatic. Soad acted as if he couldn't just say "screw you Broadway," and stay on the beach (which, of course, Spike and Primo probably could have done that in the first place if this is a public beach. then again, Maybe it's a private beach where surf contests can officially decide who owns it) and then Broadway acted as if his decree that Soad was kicked of the beach was legally binding and irreversible when he could have just said "that was a joke."

also, is Babylon Gardens well known enough that one can just say "we're from Babylon near that suicide restaurant (what's that about by the way)" and people in Hawaii know what they mean?

but good overall :3
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Actually, is like an unwritten rule, consuetude. The beach is free, but ruled from the consuetude of surf (and bullies who'll make you live an hard life if they don't want you in it). It's all about pride, not really rules and legality, but more like habits and uses. The king of the beach is a respected title only according to those assumptions. Of course, it's an exaggeration, a parody.

The second thing, maybe i should change something, it's really confusing :lol:

Karl

Post by Karl »

Well, when they both felt into water, I was hoping that they would land on some small, deserted island and fight each other for their survivor, or find themselves in center of the ocean, surrounded by sharks that specialize in brutal feet tickling.
But for a short, light reading, it was okay :) Of course there are moments where I felt you could work on deeper focus on situation, but I kept in mind that you choose a fast type writing&reading. It was silly and funny, so you achieved most important thing :)

On a technical note about your picture, I noticed that you usually draw Spike with big ears. Here they are small :)
I'm a bookworm!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

This was a nioce ending. I wonder if the brothers will be appearing again in the comic. I liked them.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Karlos wrote:Well, when they both felt into water, I was hoping that they would land on some small, deserted island and fight each other for their survivor, or find themselves in center of the ocean, surrounded by sharks that specialize in brutal feet tickling.
But for a short, light reading, it was okay :) Of course there are moments where I felt you could work on deeper focus on situation, but I kept in mind that you choose a fast type writing&reading. It was silly and funny, so you achieved most important thing :)

On a technical note about your picture, I noticed that you usually draw Spike with big ears. Here they are small :)
no well, that was my objective from the start, a silly and casual story. I didn't want to make something too long and complex, just a linear filler easy to read :)

you're right about Spike's ears, i always find difficult to comply with measures
angelusbr wrote:This was a nioce ending. I wonder if the brothers will be appearing again in the comic. I liked them.
actually i don't know, maybe they will. i like them too 'cause they are an almost-representation of two friends of mine, two bullies of my ex school

Karl

Post by Karl »

_Stu_ wrote:no well, that was my objective from the start, a silly and casual story. I didn't want to make something too long and complex, just a linear filler easy to read :)
It was fun to read anyways :) And to be honest, I really liked the sand castle scene.
I'm a bookworm!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

_Stu_ wrote:
Karlos wrote:Well, when they both felt into water, I was hoping that they would land on some small, deserted island and fight each other for their survivor, or find themselves in center of the ocean, surrounded by sharks that specialize in brutal feet tickling.

no well, that was my objective from the start, a silly and casual story. I didn't want to make something too long and complex, just a linear filler easy to read :)

you're right about Spike's ears, i always find difficult to comply with measures
angelusbr wrote:This was a nioce ending. I wonder if the brothers will be appearing again in the comic. I liked them.
actually i don't know, maybe they will. i like them too 'cause they are an almost-representation of two friends of mine, two bullies of my ex school
It's because the picture led me to believe they've become friends. But if you find it hard to put those two in the story, then it's better not to
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Yeah... next two chapters will be reeeeeally difficult. We must pay attention and work hard!

Also, the unmarked version here
Last edited by _Stu_ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Spike, the grim reaper.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Grape with PETE!??! This cant end well for Spike....
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Otaku-Boy wrote:Grape with PETE!??! This cant end well for Spike....
When Grape is against you, it never can end well for you.... :?

Nice ending of the chapter and an interesting pic for the next one.... quite interesting indeed.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

you know how to draw attention, you. :mrgreen:
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Oh well, I was bored this morning

And it's almost time!

Karl

Post by Karl »

Morning, ay? Well, here where I live is 02:10 AM so... that technically is correct ^^'
Then again, you proved that boredom can be so creative. No matter at what time it strikes.
And cool cape :)
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

well, at least he welcomed you...
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

After being gone all summer, i caught up in an hour! Great side chapter, can't wait to read more, also MAJOR props for the Metal Gear Solid thing you did there, as an avid fan, i tip my bandanna to you sir. And never forget that the most important thing about writing is War....War never Changes
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

That looks nice. Wonder who the guy with the horns is supposed to be. :)
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Aye there! Vacation's over unfortunately... oh well, we're back! Ready?

Second Arc Opening ('cause i don't know if is possible to tag flash videos in here)

From now on things will get darker

kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

I assume it will be a two-parter as in two chapters to complete this intense story in ten? Cause I'm sure you'll complete Eyesight Gaiden before finishing that.

Can't wait! ;)

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

kavviyenta wrote:I assume it will be a two-parter as in two chapters to complete this intense story in ten? Cause I'm sure you'll complete Eyesight Gaiden before finishing that.

Can't wait! ;)
From now we'll begin the second part of the story, but according to my calculations the story will be completed with chapter 16. Or 17, actually there's a lot to do, we reached the second half of the plot, the story is longer than i thought when we started

Yeah btw, those two chapters are part of a unique arc. The only thing i'm worried about is that i made some... choices. We'll see...

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I am excite.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

That's all I can say. I'm too amazed to put it into words. This is looking to be good.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Spike is going to get some cool scars~ :D

Primo gets falcon punch? AWESOME!!! :lol:
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »