HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Seth »

Leafolawl wrote:"Raccoons. They're nocturnal, live in trees, and are vicious." Rena said, still walking along to try and get home fast. "Most people won't question raccoons bein' the dangerous thing in the woods at night, and they're even active durin' the day so it'll make more sense to also tell them to stay away from the woods durin' the day too. Bein' in a small town like this with woods so close by, raccoons are probably going to be a more believable reason to stay away from the woods, over most everythin' else." She added, starting to ignore everything that confused her about the whole thing with 'The Hunter', as Sir Tripsalot liked to call him.
I guess it could work. At least it should buy us a little time to figure this out.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Well, that would at least keep some people out. Maybe anyone else, Hubert could steer them away."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"That is what I *do* already. Since coming here, I manipulated bypassers' basic instincts so that they felt nervous at the idea of coming here, prodding them into choosing another place."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I don't think it's a good idea to villify any animal species," Miles said, putting in his input, "I don't think any of you would feel good if your actions led to a genocide of local raccoons. And I mean look at Duke. Do you think people would believe a couple of raccoons could do that to a fox? I say we blame the chupacabra. Heh heh, with a little luck, maybe even turn it into a new industry for the town. Heh."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

xhunterko wrote:"I don't think it's a good idea to villify any animal species," Miles said, putting in his input, "I don't think any of you would feel good if your actions led to a genocide of local raccoons. And I mean look at Duke. Do you think people would believe a couple of raccoons could do that to a fox? I say we blame the chupacabra. Heh heh, with a little luck, maybe even turn it into a new industry for the town. Heh."
Man that's a pretty good idea. We could design some t-shirts, maybe a theme restaurant, and everyone knows tourists love chupacabras. We'd be rich!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"now we're just getting silly. And Hubert, I don't think I like the thought of you altering peoples' thought processes. We should only be using that as a last resort."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The spiritual dragon scoffed. "After existing for over 7,000 years, I came to the conclusion that saving lives comes before respecting changing moral concepts."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Which is why it's still an option. If we can't keep everyone away some other way... how about just scaring them away from a 'haunted forest'?" he asked looking at Hubert and then at Miles.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke listened on everyones input on how to keep people out of the forest, while interesting and good ideas he thought more of long term.

" Wait so what about longterm? I mean yes these great ideas will keep people out and Hubert if need be can force people away but what about later on, is there a plan to you know actually get rid of the Hunter?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Heh heh, I can't be everywhere at once you know. But I'm pretty sure that Hubert could pull off the convincing vision every now and then," Miles said, "But, as for long term, well. If afterlife has taught me anything, it's best to take the patient route."

Did you miss the part where Janus and the Hunter are the same person? Split personality. So to get rid of him, we'd have to be very, very, very careful. He thought to Duke.

"And Gage, do you know what a chupacabra is?" He said to him.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"The haunted forest thing can led to much unwanted consequences," Hubert patiently explained. "Many a mortal, today, are like the old time adventurers. Once news of a haunted forest spread around, there will come tourists and magic box people wanting to get a thrill or documentation." he shook his head. "No, we need to keep this thing quiet, that is why I prefer manipulation. Teleportation at worst. Not to mention that this corner of Applegate is rarely visited at this time of night already."
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

musclecar326 wrote:Thanks! Mason said to Rex and Christopher, with his mouth half full. He had finished the entire steak, and part of a pork roast, now he was digging into some chicken. This stuff is so delicious! I haven't had anything this good in a long while. Thanks so much for inviting me over! He said to the brothers, with a thankful look.
"Hey, no problem, buddy." Rex said with a smile after finishing a piece of Salmon "Dad sure knows how to cook. His mentor was very serious in his job."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Magic box people? A little behind on the times aren't we? Or do we not care to keep up with technology? Miles thought to Hubert.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The dragon lowered his head in embarrassment. "Not *my* fault if I grew up using scrying spells instead of contraptions."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Hubert's technological illiteracy aside, he's right. We're grasping at straws here. As much as I hate the thought of him being able to do it in the first place, his manipulations seem like our best bet."
(OOC: now I pause cause we should give Leaf a chance to respond)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

The Moon Howler wrote:"Hey, no problem, buddy." Rex said with a smile after finishing a piece of Salmon "Dad sure knows how to cook. His mentor was very serious in his job."
His mentor? Was he training to become a professional cook or something? Mason asked Rex, still chowing down on their food.
Yes, I am a furry.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Hubert's technological illiteracy aside, he's right. We're grasping at straws here. As much as I hate the thought of him being able to do it in the first place, his manipulations seem like our best bet."
Rena just scoffed at the idea of letting Hubert continue with his 'manipulation'. "Tell me, do any of y'all know the police force in town? Oh wait, stupid question, y'all've been here less than a week." She said, her irritation starting to really show through. "Raccoons are a known threat, even ta humans, spreadin' a small rumor about them being a little bit more active here will do almost nothin' when it comes to harmin' the local raccoons. The sheriff may get work done when he needs to, but he's rather lazy. Unless compellin' evidence comes in showin' that raccoons are more dangerous in the area than what they should be, I think he's likely to just advise people to stay inside at night and out of the woods durin' the day."

((OOC: Finally, making some headway on my mental blockage... Pun not intended.))
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:Did you miss the part where Janus and the Hunter are the same person? Split personality. So to get rid of him, we'd have to be very, very, very careful. He thought to Duke.
Duke gave a sort of weary grimace
"No I heard it all and nothing I say or do can make me understand what it would be like but if we can't somehow get the Hunter part out of Janus we may not have a choice, I know its hard but what if people do get hurt, other pets even one of us by accident? I'm not going to press anything on the matter seeing as how i've already caused enough turmoil but I just want you to see this option in mind"

Duke listened as the others talk about how to keep people out of the woods

(OOC: Not sure why but my regular text appears to be in....pink)
(( Fixed by Raccoon: you had an opening tag for pink color at the very beginning of your post, lawl. ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hearing Rena's explanation, Buster just rubbed his temples with his paws. "I don't know, I'm not thinking straight tonight and I'm tired and I love a dog who's alternate identity could and would swallow me whole and I just want to end this day and hope I'm thinking straighter tomorrow. Ironic since that's the day I'm starting a relationship with another male."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I think we need to sleep on this.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"That's probably the best idea so far," Miles said to Gage's suggestion, "Although, I think we need to concentrate on how we're going to sneak Duke into Rena's place without getting seen. Since we're getting close to town and all."
The Moon Howler

musclecar326 wrote:His mentor? Was he training to become a professional cook or something? Mason asked Rex, still chowing down on their food.
Christopher's ears perked. He wanted to hear some more bout his uncle and future dad. Rex shook his head "Not professional. Just hobby, but the guy was really serious."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

The Moon Howler wrote:
musclecar326 wrote:His mentor? Was he training to become a professional cook or something? Mason asked Rex, still chowing down on their food.
Christopher's ears perked. He wanted to hear some more bout his uncle and future dad. Rex shook his head "Not professional. Just hobby, but the guy was really serious."
Oh, ok. Mason said then he glanced at the clock on the wall. Wow is that really the time? 10 o'clock? I better tell dad where i am before he gets worried. Mason explained as he got down from his chair, took out his phone and texted his dad. A minute later he came back. Alright guys, I know this is all of a sudden but can I spend the night here?
Yes, I am a furry.
The Moon Howler

Rex grinned "I was about to ask you the same thing, buddy." the brother exchanged looks "You're welcome to stay for the night."

My RP Characters
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Great thanks, now i have another question. Would you two like to join me in my morning workout? Mason asked the brothers.
Yes, I am a furry.
The Moon Howler

Rex nodded "Count me in!"
Christopher on the other hand shook his head "If you ever manage to budge me."

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hey Hubert, keep this between you and me, but, what all can you do with your powers? I mean, you can do some crazy stuff right? Miles thought to the ghost-dragon.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<I can easily teleport you all to Rena's room if you ask me to. The fact that I verge on the powerful side doesn't mean I am at liberty to exert my talents at my whim.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ah, well, I knew that, I was thinking of, uh. At this he glanced towards Rena. Something a bit more powerful. In case I uh, let my stupid self fall in love again.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Please elaborate. And don't be afraid of your feelings with me around. During these last thousands of years I have grown quite tolerant you know.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I mean, can you, can you... Miles thought, almost squirming. Can you, ressurect the dead and do a species change? I mean, I know some things come at a cost, and I'm not sure what'd I'd have to pay. But, I'm tired of being dead, and I'm tired of chasing away my feelings because of it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert sighed. <Believe me when I say that I *do* understand your position.> he pointed at himself with his clawed thumbs. <But that's the problem of every single recently deceased. You still try to cling to the mortals' timestream and in doing so you delude yourselves into believing you are alive or worse, that you could get back to the realm of the living.
<Mind me, I'm not saying there is a reason for your death, that is plain silly, a token for the living to come to terms with a loss. But yes, you could pay a terrible price for going back to living...unless you accepted a special kind of deal, that is.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Like I said, I'm well aware of the notion of cost. Miles thought. I'm well aware that if I die again it would be permanent, and if it means finally going to the other side, then I'm okay with that. And, I stress, I'd only do something like that if I got really love sick and the feelings were mutual. And I'm well aware of deals. As for one, you can leave my soul, my possible lover's soul, and our possible offspring's souls out of it. Oh, and our friend's souls. If that's what you were thinking. I've read too many bad endings for those kinds of deals. Other then that, what did you have in mind?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert just shrugged. <If that's your wish. The most natural, carefree solution is reincarnation. Your spirit gets to live in another one's body, starting from the earliest stages of existence, with no memories of your past self.
<The other solution is metempsychosis: you get to possess a body clinically dead, effectively replacing its soul with yours. But you'll have to take all the burdens and the responsibilities of the one you are possessing. It can be...stressing, since you won't be yourself anymore.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

All right, now I know neither of those two options are generally favorable. The first one is stupid. The whole point of transformation is to be with the one you loved. Not forgetting about it completely, hoping to find them in your new life, hoping they'd love you as your new life, etc etc. Miles thought. And the second, well, the state of the previous body is one thing to consider. It'd have to be completely healed before the time of death. And it'd be confusing on the part of the deceased's survivors. And I get the feeling that those aren't the only two options.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<I gave you the ones with no setbacks for your status. I could easily invoke the assistance of the netherworld and give you a second life, but it will backfire on you, and those near you. If you chose to sire a new life, it will be cursed since its conception. And even if you didn't make that choice, your existence would be, well, less than idylic. It is a question of balance. You fate as mortal is over, creating a new one will link you to those who granted you the favor. And they are *not* benevolent entities.>
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And I'm also aware of the benevolent ones that could be convinced. Tell me something Hubert, have you ever, loved anyone? Miles thought to him.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The spiritual creature nodded. <I did, and by your standards it was a long time love. I spent two hundred years of my youth with my beloved mate, before our existences diverged. And I still know how it feels to do anything for love,, even miracles, even the most unholy deals.
<But mind me, I also saw the errors of such deals, for the love of mortals, no matter how strong and durable, will end up always in death, and only acceptance of that limit will make it stronger.>
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

The Moon Howler wrote:Rex nodded "Count me in!"
Christopher on the other hand shook his head "If you ever manage to budge me."
Great, but oh come on Chris. You'll work off all that food we just ate, and build up some endurance. Mason told them. We better start heading our way up bed, workout starts at 7a.m. but since we have to get to my house first, 6:45a.m. Is that ok with you?
Yes, I am a furry.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Why did your existences diverge? Miles thought back. Curious.