SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by Seth »

Scraps just watched and waited. He didn't know what they were waiting for but it could be his ticket off the island.
Last edited by Seth on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian looked up to the brach, It was high enough tl place the sail on and just low enough to touch the ground, with the help of Samaki, he got the flag over the banch, now all they had to do was to find four something to pin the corners down, and they would be set for the night "Alright, now we need to pin the corners down and we have a tent for two, possibly even more" he grinned " and some Firewood and a bit of tender" he smiled "You are a helpful guy Samaki, we stick together and get with the others, I'm sure we will find our way back to our owners, and I promise I will stick by you until we are"
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed coding issues
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Roarin wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch nodded at the nature of the cave, and found a drier spot against a wall closer back. She put the wood in a pile there and glanced back at Harrison, "This spot's decent if we want to make a headquarters here..." She sniffed the air, "I don't smell much more than damp rocks and forest in here, so I'm going to assume it's a relatively safe hideout..." She bent down and made a little platform out of the firewood, and then put 6 of the 8 crab apples onto it, leaving 2 in her pocket. "I'm gonna leave this stuff here. You wanna explore the cave a little more, or go back out and explore outside?"
As Scratch's eyes adjusted more to the lack of light she was able to spot the details around her. Moss lined the wall on the opposite side of her dry one. A pool of water had collected itself at the base of the it. Most of the cave was actually pretty wet, somehow soaked by the beach water. If she looked deeper into the cave she could see the stalactites and stalagmites hanging from the ceiling and protruding from the ground like daggers. The echo of her every movement told her the depth of the cave was immense, the end probably a mile away (if there was an end).
Harrison looked in the direction of the echo "Oh my, that be something interesting to explore." The half-wolf had some inner fight "But I better not get in there without light and equipment, ya know." The canine pointed out, then nodded at the exit of the cave "What I would suggest is that we find some way to make fire and some leaves, so we can make this place more comfortable."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Scratch nodded, "Yeeahhh... I'm not gonna suggest going any deeper than we need to anytime soon... WAY too dangerous when we don't have any equipment, and no one even knows where we are. Besides, we don't even have a light..." She gestured about them before turning to head out, "Yeah, it's a lucky find, and we're doing well so far, but let's not get stupid with it: we need to set up for some survival, and I feel like looking around a bit more before sleeping..." She walked out of the cave, stick testing in front again...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
The Moon Howler

Harrison nodded and followed Scratch out "Miss Scratch, I suggest we go to the beach and find some dry wooden platform or at least some planks so we can make a base for beds. We can use leaves ta make the beds comfortable." The canine looked around "Also if we're to find a lighter or anything of the sort around, the fire will be no problem, but we need more firewood." He tried to sounds more optimistic "And hey, who knows what else we can find, aye?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch nodded, "I can make us a little fire just fine with some tender, and we're in a forest with dried and dead wood lying everywhere, so that should be enough for tonight..." She glanced back, "Oh, and uh... You can drop the 'miss': it was kinda charming before, but it's getting a little annoying now... heh..." She scratched the back of her head, "Not that I don't appreciate some charm now and then..." she grinned sheepishly back at him.

"Anyway..." she said as they continued through the forest, "If we see more dry wood or anything useful, we should grab it on our way through: we can always carry whatever back from the beach..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch nodded, "I can make us a little fire just fine with some tender, and we're in a forest with dried and dead wood lying everywhere, so that should be enough for tonight..." She glanced back, "Oh, and uh... You can drop the 'miss': it was kinda charming before, but it's getting a little annoying now... heh..." She scratched the back of her head, "Not that I don't appreciate some charm now and then..." she grinned sheepishly back at him.
"Alright, miss ..." Harrison stopped so he can correct "I mean... Alright, Scratch." he grinned.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Anyway..." she said as they continued through the forest, "If we see more dry wood or anything useful, we should grab it on our way through: we can always carry whatever back from the beach..."
The half-wolf nodded once more "That be true." the canine agreed as they collected the small twigs, stacks and branches they came across on the way to the beach. They piled them up at the edge of the forest, so they can pick them on they way back. When they reached the beach the half-wolf looked around "So, mi-... I mean Scratch, where to begin with?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch walked closer to the water and started looking around in the dark, "Well... plenty of driftwood out here... I say we comb the beach for the bigger pieces to haul back, and anything useful we can go ahead and bring with us... I've got room in these pockets for whatever..." She walked over to a larger piece of driftwood and picked it up, tossing it up the beach with her original chunk, starting a pile just up the tidal-slope...
The Moon Howler

Harisson walked over to Scratch and began helping her with the driftwood. They were quiet for a minute or two before The canine actually asked "So.. Scratch. Ya said you and yer Dad were investigators. What exactly did ye investigate?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Well, you know, whenever someone needs help, or has a mystery to solve, me and Carl come in with our Jeep and help 'em out." Scratch shot Harrison a grin, giving her tail a wag, "I love meeting all the new people, learning new things, and seeing new places!" She Picked up another big pice of driftwood, looked it over, and tossed it into her pile, "I take it archaeology's much the same?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Well, you know, whenever someone needs help, or has a mystery to solve, me and Carl come in with our Jeep and help 'em out." Scratch shot Harrison a grin, giving her tail a wag, "I love meeting all the new people, learning new things, and seeing new places!" She Picked up another big pice of driftwood, looked it over, and tossed it into her pile, "I take it archaeology's much the same?"
When she picked up the driftwood she heard a soft *thud* as something dropped onto the wet sand.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Flynn stayed in the tree, watching the light to see if anything else would happen... and to see if he could make out the forms behind the voices.
He couldn't make out the shapes of the figures in the distance. But to his surprise, what he did notice from up in the tree was a large shape that looked unmistakeably like a small aircraft. In fact, it wasn't so far away from where Scraps was standing.
Seth wrote:Scraps just watched and waited. He didn't know what they were waiting for but it could be his ticket off the island.
Besides the slight rustle of the tree Flynn was climbing, nothing continued to happen. But it looked certain the two strangers were waiting for something.
WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian looked up to the brach, It was high enough tl place the sail on and just low enough to touch the ground, with the help of Samaki, he got the flag over the banch, now all they had to do was to find four something to pin the corners down, and they would be set for the night "Alright, now we need to pin the corners down and we have a tent for two, possibly even more" he grinned "[color=darkblue and some Firewood and a bit of tender{/color]" he smiled "You are a helpful guy Samaki, we stick together and get with the others, I'm sure we will find our way back to our owners, and I promise I will stick by you until we are"

"Thanks..."
The fox's ears flattened and he showed faint signs of a smile. "And I hope your right..." He looked around and started walking further into the forested area. "I'll try and find some wood so we have a fire."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( MUCH better Roarin! Now watch: we can all respond to you without having to wait for you to hit us individually... ))
Roarin wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:She Picked up another big pice of driftwood, looked it over, and tossed it into her pile, "I take it archaeology's much the same?"
When she picked up the driftwood she heard a soft *thud* as something dropped onto the wet sand.
Scratch glanced down after chucking the driftwood: she thought she'd felt something fall off of it, and bent down to figure out what it was...
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Well, you know, whenever someone needs help, or has a mystery to solve, me and Carl come in with our Jeep and help 'em out." Scratch shot Harrison a grin, giving her tail a wag, "I love meeting all the new people, learning new things, and seeing new places!" She Picked up another big pice of driftwood, looked it over, and tossed it into her pile, "I take it archaeology's much the same?"
"Well, it depends." Harrison answered "At the beginning you meet new people - yes, but they mainly just lead us to the place or work along, usually the more brute work. That is after going through tons of paperwork, legends and all other kind of information and bureaucracy, a good part of the latter concerning me." The GSD explained "Plus we don't just 'hop into' legends. Verifications are in order first. Archeology is may not be that exact of a matter, but the archaeologists must be precise, else we end up as yet another group of glory-mongers." The canine grinned "But where are my manners? I interrupted yer story. So, did ye found anything interesting?"

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( MUCH better Roarin! Now watch: we can all respond to you without having to wait for you to hit us individually... ))
Roarin wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:She Picked up another big pice of driftwood, looked it over, and tossed it into her pile, "I take it archaeology's much the same?"
Scratch glanced down after chucking the driftwood: she thought she'd felt something fall off of it, and bent down to figure out what it was...
And to Scratch's incredible luck (you rolled high). She found what they were looking for (besides wood). Her lighter was sitting there in the sand. Scratched up but other than that, not damaged.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch immediately recognized her camping lighter, snatching it up and feeling it over in her hands. She opened it and shook the water out of it and blew on it a little to get it dried out nicely. It was weather-proof and she'd just filled it recently, so she hoped this worked... She flicked the spark-grinder a couple of times, getting it dry enough to spark for her, then, with a flick of her thumb, she lit it up...

Success!

She grinned, holding it up triumphantly for Harrison, "Ha HA! The spirits of the flame heed my call!" In the darkness between them, the lighter's flame shone brightly, illuminating them both, and the beach around them. Scratch eagerly looked around in the fog-breaking light for anything else that might be nearby...
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Ok, I'll go find something to pin the corners down, again don't go to far ok." Ian gave a slight smile as he departed to begin his search, a slighht thought going through his mind "We don't know whats out here either... We might need something to protect ourselves..." he shook his head
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Flynn had no idea how to react to what he was seeing.
(OOC:no seriously, I don't know. How small an aircraft. I'd think not that small, but the part about it being close to where Scraps is standing makes me thing it's really tiny, since he's amongst the trees with me.)

He said "Scraps, there's some sort of aircraft coming," hoping he'd hear him.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Really? good! That mean we have a way off.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Seth wrote:Really? good! That mean we have a way off.
(i should have been more clear where the airplane was... my bad.)
It was in fact getting closer to Scraps. Closer...and closer...and...*crash!* The branches the small 2 manned plane was sitting gave way with a crack and the plane fell to the ground next to the terrier, its wing almost flattening the dog like a pancake. A dust of sand and dirt flew in the air, raining on both Scraps and the cat. The sound resonating throughout the entire beach (everyone heard it). When the dust settled there in front of Flynn and Scraps was in fact, an old plane. (imagine it more broken, scratched up, and flipped upside down).
WolvenPaw15 wrote:"Ok, I'll go find something to pin the corners down, again don't go to far ok." Ian gave a slight smile as he departed to begin his search, a slighht thought going through his mind "We don't know whats out here either... We might need something to protect ourselves..." he shook his head
Looking around the ground Ian found nothing but a few sizable rocks. Maybe there was more stuff closer to the beach... But before he could think about that a loud *crash!* *thud* sounded in the distance.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch immediately recognized her camping lighter, snatching it up and feeling it over in her hands. She opened it and shook the water out of it and blew on it a little to get it dried out nicely. It was weather-proof and she'd just filled it recently, so she hoped this worked... She flicked the spark-grinder a couple of times, getting it dry enough to spark for her, then, with a flick of her thumb, she lit it up...

Success!

She grinned, holding it up triumphantly for Harrison, "Ha HA! The spirits of the flame heed my call!" In the darkness between them, the lighter's flame shone brightly, illuminating them both, and the beach around them. Scratch eagerly looked around in the fog-breaking light for anything else that might be nearby...
Looking around the area the raccoon was able to spot anything else out of the ordinary. There was a few pieces of wood that could be used for the fire, some large rocks covered in moss, but that was it. Maybe if she went to the shore...But before she could think about that a loud *crash!* *thud* sounded somewhere further down the beach.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian's ears perked up "H-Hey Samaki! I heard something!" he called and began to head towards the direction of the sound, against his better judgement
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn climbed from the tree, completely forgetting about the two voices from earlier.
He went to help Scraps up and see what this old plane was doing here.
"You okay, Scraps?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:In the darkness between them, the lighter's flame shone brightly, illuminating them both, and the beach around them. Scratch eagerly looked around in the fog-breaking light for anything else that might be nearby...
Looking around the area the raccoon was able to spot anything else out of the ordinary. There was a few pieces of wood that could be used for the fire, some large rocks covered in moss, but that was it. Maybe if she went to the shore...But before she could think about that a loud *crash!* *thud* sounded somewhere further down the beach.
(( Scratch is standing right on the edge of the surf: I already wrote that she was below the slope that shows up where low tide is at. Get on Skype. ))
Scratch had just put out her lighter when she heard the crash, instinctively ducking, and looking over in the direction of the crash. She blinked for a moment, then made a concerned offer, "You... think something big washed up over there? That was a weird sound..." She really wanted to know what the noise had been, but it was too dark and foggy to do anything about it...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian's ears perked up "H-Hey Samaki! I heard something!" he called and began to head towards the direction of the sound, against his better judgement

"Yeah, me too. I wonder what it..."
Samaki returned to the makeshift tent carrying some firefood to find the malamute not there. "...was? Ian?" The fox looked around.

After a few minutes of heading towards that direction Ian couldn't hear anyone or see anything nearby... so far. Right now he was walking through a cloud of black.

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch immediately recognized her camping lighter, snatching it up and feeling it over in her hands. She opened it and shook the water out of it and blew on it a little to get it dried out nicely. It was weather-proof and she'd just filled it recently, so she hoped this worked... She flicked the spark-grinder a couple of times, getting it dry enough to spark for her, then, with a flick of her thumb, she lit it up...

Success!

"Splendid!" Harrison commented, his tail wagging a bit. "Now our fire problems are solved"
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Roarin wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:In the darkness between them, the lighter's flame shone brightly, illuminating them both, and the beach around them. Scratch eagerly looked around in the fog-breaking light for anything else that might be nearby...
Scratch had just put out her lighter when she heard the crash, instinctively ducking, and looking over in the direction of the crash. She blinked for a moment, then made a concerned offer, "You... think something big washed up over there? That was a weird sound..." She really wanted to know what the noise had been, but it was too dark and foggy to do anything about it...
The half-wolf looked at the direction of the sound "Perhaps." He glanced back at Scratch "Wanna check it out?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch hesitated, "I dunno... It's dark and foggy, and we don't have a way of finding our way back... Doesn't feel like a safe idea..." She looked over at him, "It'll probably still be there in the morning, when it's lighter out and the fog lifts..."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian picked up a nearbye piece of wood, striking a match and lighting the end of the wood, makin a small torch, continuing towards the direction the sound came from
Pet Friendly:
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch hesitated, "I dunno... It's dark and foggy, and we don't have a way of finding our way back... Doesn't feel like a safe idea..." She looked over at him, "It'll probably still be there in the morning, when it's lighter out and the fog lifts..."
Harrison looked once again in the direction of the sound, then at Scratch, then back once again and sighed "I guess yer' right. We have our 'safe house' for now." He glanced at the pile "Speaking of which, I guess it won't hurt if we bring the wood we collected back to the cave."

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch nodded, "Right. Then we'll start a little fire and get set up a little better..." She pocketed her lighter and walked over to grab the pile of driftwood they'd made. She started heading back for the forest and cave, "So, Harrison, you're not hungry or anything, are you? Like, I feel like I must've eaten something while I was blacked out, 'cause I'm not hungry, but that's not a big deal: I have apples. What about you? We need to start hunting or fishing soon?"
The Moon Howler

"Oh you ate alright." Harrison commented.
The half-wolf then glanced down his body, s if he was checking something "I too ate while on board, so I'm not feeling hungry." He said, following Scratch with the rest of the wood they gathered. As they reached the edge of the forest, He picked up the other pile they left earlier. "What I'll need will be some rest, but that can wait until we make the fire and the beds."
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch picked her way back through the woods, careful not to trample through anything that would hurt her feet, or miss anything particularly useful... "Well, I can catch some fish or crabs in the morning, or maybe find some bugs to toast on the fire... Probably some fresh water we can boil in that canteen you found..."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Flynn climbed from the tree, completely forgetting about the two voices from earlier.
He went to help Scraps up and see what this old plane was doing here.
"You okay, Scraps?"
I think so. Scrapps patted himself down quickly to see if there were any injuries. Couple scrapes but it doesn't look like anthing too serious. I think this is what those two on the beach were waiting for, we might want to make ourselves scarce.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch picked her way back through the woods, careful not to trample through anything that would hurt her feet, or miss anything particularly useful... "Well, I can catch some fish or crabs in the morning, or maybe find some bugs to toast on the fire... Probably some fresh water we can boil in that canteen you found..."
"I suggest we leave the planning for after we finish with setting our base camp." Harrison said calmly for no reason in particular.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch shrugged as they got back to the cave, lightly dropping the driftwood near her other pile. "Alright," she said, "Time to get this place set up..." She pulled out her lighter again and, picking up a dry stick, lit it up, setting the stick on fire to give her some light. She surveyed the cave in the dim light and, with one hand, took a bundle of kindling over to the sand-pit...
The Moon Howler

Harrison left Scratch to handle the fire, seeing she had no problems with making it alone and instead focused to choose the base for their beds from the planks they dragged. When he chose enough to make beds for each or one bed for both of them. He turned to the raccoon "Scratch, how would you prefer for me to make the beds - separated or one for both of us?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch glanced up from where she was arranging the kindling and a couple of small logs they'd found, "One bed. Less chance of something happening to one of us in the middle of the night that way... Also more comforting, and we need to get used to each other if we're gonna be stranded here..." she shrugged, "What better way than sleeping next to each other?" She looked back at her fire, which was now beginning to light up the cave even better... She crawled back out of the damp sandpit and walked over to the driftwood, grabbing a few of the damper pieces of driftwood to toss onto the fire: they would burn slowly on top of the fire, keeping it going through the night. She then began to collect some rocks to throw in too...
The Moon Howler

"Then one bed for both of us it is, then." Harrison nodded and began assembling the base. "Well, this will be new to you, Jones." He though to himself. When he finished with the base, he looked outside "I'll go out and collect some leaves for the beds."

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch nodded, picking up a few rocks as she looked around the cave, noting that it did indeed go back a long way, and seemed like it might be easy to travel though, as far as she could see in the firelight. (What else did she see?)

She kept picking up rocks as she finished her fire setup, rolling them into the pit to situate around the edge of the main fire. When she'd managed to loosely surround the fire with rocks, she took a large, relatively flat one, and carefully positioned it right on top of the burning logs, causing the fire to go down a bit and making the cave a bit darker: the fire would last a long time now without alot of wood usage... She went and grabbed some old leaves that had gotten into the cave and tossed those in too, making a little bit of smoke to scare out the bugs that might come after them in the night. Satisfied, she nodded at her little campfire, then, leaving some extra wood next to the pit to toss in if needed, she went to help Harrison finish the bed...

(( Roarin> 1) Describe the cave fully now that it's been fully illuminated 2) Tell us if we find anything interesting 3) Get on Skype ))
The Moon Howler

By the time Scratch got out of the cave and came to him, Harrison managed to gather a good amount of leaves. When she reached him, he looked at her and smiled "Ah, hello, Scratch, I get the fire is tip-top then?" he grinned and turned to her "Can ya lend me a hand and bring those in while I collect some more?" he handed her a small pile of clean(not eaten or infested) green leaves.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Alright!" Scratch said with a nod and a smile, "I'll just toss 'em on the bed then..." She walked back in, tossed them all gently on the bed, then walked back out to help him with more...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:I think so. Scrapps patted himself down quickly to see if there were any injuries. Couple scrapes but it doesn't look like anthing too serious. I think this is what those two on the beach were waiting for, we might want to make ourselves scarce.
"Now, hold on. There may be people hurt in here. We should help."
Plus, if we help their comrades they may not shoot us and they'll owe us a favor.
Flynn walked to look in the cockpits of the plane to try and help the pilots.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets