HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"What?" Mitch said annoyed, he was bout ready to run into there and go ahead himself.
Valiant's lips curled. The last thing he needed now was an argument. He had to run this risk, like it or not. "Mitch, crawl under us and go to Rikki, but first take the torchlight. You'll understand once you see. Everyone else, stay put. We'll go back all together."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Seth wrote:Well I don't really have any plans for today, I'm down for whatever.
"doing something else might be more fun. we can't seem to beat you two at this game."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Fine," Mitch said with a tight lip, trying to keep calm. He centered his torch in between their legs as he went under to where Rikki was at.

"Now what's the big deal?" He said, "If it's not a grave..." He let his sentence trail off in a grumble waiting for an answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Nora jumped atop the trees, they began to thin out a bit. While not super fast, small critters like them could travel farther distances by jumping rather then walking. As the trees thinned out again, she jumped to the last one, slid down, and waited for Souske.
valerio

Post by valerio »

the beam revealed a second cave.
A cave filled with skeletons. Humans and Animals would lay together, many of them still embracing each other as if trying to seek comfort even in their demise.
Not just a grave," Rikki said, grim in face. "A plague pit."
Last edited by valerio on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch dropped his torch as his mouth fell open. He quickly picked it up again and ran out of the tunnel as fast as he could.

"BE RIGHT BACK!" He yelled back. He quickly dove into the brush found a spare limb, and broke it off. He carved a face and a symbol on it's back, and then ran back in the cave. He placed the small statue just a couple feet where the other rocks were.

That'll take care of that! Good lord, look at 'em all. Oh wait, don't look, ack!

"Okaaaay, that's settled," Mitch said in an entirely different tone, "I HIGHLY suggest that we try the other fork of the cave. Come along everyone!" He said, getting ahead of the group again.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Seth wrote:Well I don't really have any plans for today, I'm down for whatever.
"doing something else might be more fun. we can't seem to beat you two at this game."
"Shall we stage a jailbreak?" Nate asked, "we've been in here all night... We're good enough to go outside for a LITTLE bit."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Ian's ears perked up, Sounds like a great plan to me.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Bishop was now back in the back of the group with Lance

"Ok, this is just weird as heck. What is a plague pit doing here of all places?" He asked backing up a bit ready to go back the other way "I really have to agree with Mitch here. For one thing its freaky and for another It would be rather disrespectful to carry on this way." Lance said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:Ian's ears perked up, Sounds like a great plan to me.
"Yeah. Let's do it."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Yes, I too believe the other fork *is* a better idea. Unless I'm wrong, this tunnel didn't use to be this large, before: it must have been excavated to allow tomb looters to look for the chapel's lost treasure. Have you seen the size of that hole? That was natural, and it was covered to ward off intruders, just like Mitch immediately built his own ward. the other fork must be the access to the real secret passage to the chapel.
"As for your question, Lance: there was this clerical order, inspired by Sant'Antonio Abate, or Saint Anthony Abbot, protector of domestic animals. it used to be widespread in Europe and very popular in my homeland, Italy. But then came the first wave of the black plague, in the XIV century.
"The plague was actually carried by the rats' infested fleas, before it turned aerobic as well, but eventually all pets were blamed. The order was unfairly persecuted because they tried to protect innocent lives. Just like Jews were accused of 'poisoning the wells'.
"The order survived through the centuries, though, but eventually it lost its influence, becoming nothing more than an eccentric cult in the Vatican bosom.
"The last wave of the plague came in 1665, the great plague of London. Many members of the order had retreated to England, but again, after the authorities had declared the extermination of cats and dogs, the order fled to America, where they prospered. The cats they brought with them killed off the rats and prevented further plague infestation."
Valiant sighed. "I fear that somehow the virus caught up on them, that is why they disappeared all of a sudden. Fearing that their brethren would be persecuted again, they must have chosen to come and die here, all together, leaving the few sane ones remaining to close the pit.
"the fragment we found is part of an amulet. The word inscribed on it, 'Abracadabra', though used today in magic parlor tricks, comes from the Aramaic and it means roughly 'created as I say'. It was supposed to have healing powers, and through the plague waves they wrote it on doors, wards, and pieces of papers that one had to fold and wear all the time.
"That is why I want us out of here. Though the virus is supposed to be dead after all this time, any risk is strictly unnecessary. Lance, you'll have to warn your owner and tell her what we found. She'll know what to do with the proper authorities."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch stopped for a moment.

"Which, begs the question," he said with a pause, "Why haven't the proper authorities been notified before now?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki nodded. "The looters must have thought they had too much to lose. They took away what they could sell, like the candelabra that used to hang from the cave's vault, and the door of which we found the hinges. They had no interest in a bunch of useless bones and of course, never having been a case of plague in the US, they didn't understand the meaning of the pit. To them, the ward was just a funny senseless word."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:Ian's ears perked up, Sounds like a great plan to me.
"Yeah. Let's do it."
"Think we can just go right out the door?" Archy asked, "or do we have to sneak out?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

"Right, I just wish I could get a signal in here instead of having to leave." He said looking at the dead bars on his phone. "You guys head down the other path I'll get outside and call my Mom up and tell her about this place." He said heading back the way they came
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

razgriz wrote:"Think we can just go right out the door?" Archy asked, "or do we have to sneak out?"
"I don't know. Would someone notice us leaving if we took the door?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Hey! Nuh uh!" Mitch said to Lance, "This was partially your idea so we'll, at least I'll, wait for ya at the bend."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:"Think we can just go right out the door?" Archy asked, "or do we have to sneak out?"
Well let's just walk out and see what they do about it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I'll take care of that," Rikki said. "You guys just keep on your exploration. And it would be such a shame to separate such a nice couple, eh?" She winked at Lance and his boyfriend.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: "She winked at Lance and his boyfriend." Who?

Mitch cringed as she said that. He turned around with his mouth dropped open and stared at her in agast. He didn't speak, but hopefully he didn't need to.

Please tell me you didn't mean what I thought you meant. He thought.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:
Well let's just walk out and see what they do about it.
"Alright" Nate said, getting up and heading for the door. "So, where too first?"

Archy followed, thinking about where they could go.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

"Um yeah sure... Lance said cocking an eyebrow. "Anyway since Rikkis got the whole telling my Mom part of this lets get on with the exploration." He said as he headed down back the way they came to the fork in the cave.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Great. let's just hope the looters didn't do much damage there, too."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote: "Alright" Nate said, getting up and heading for the door. "So, where too first?"

Archy followed, thinking about where they could go.
Well if there aren't any other ideas maybe we could go to a park or something like that?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"A park sounds fun. Is there one in town?" Jess was still unfamiliar with the area.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

As much as he'd like to follow the others, Mitch followed Rikki instead. Not sure of what to say yet, he kept his head down and his mouth quiet. And trying not to seethe in broiling anger.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Too bad I'll be missing that adventure," Rikki said, once they were out. She produced her phone and flipped it open. "I see it has upset you a lot, too, Mitch.... Say, what was that statue you put back near the plague pit?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch folded his arms.

You have no idea. He thought.

"What Valiant said," he replied, "It's a spirit ward to keep away death and disease. I'm asking my ancestors to let the spirits of the dead know that we meant no harm in entering the sepulchre and to represent us in the spirit world. Even though it was a bit of a rush job, the meaning is still there. While the Orginization beat a lot out of us, it couldn't beat out our memories."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki looked at the red panda as if she wanted to hug him. "And that is why I believe you are the noblest of hearts. Though second in place after Val, of course." She speed-dialed the number of Lance's owner. "Hope she's not too busy..."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch sighed as he waited for her to get done.

I'm still angry at you, but that helped a little. He thought.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"A park sounds fun. Is there one in town?" Jess was still unfamiliar with the area.
"Yea, there's a nice big one" Archy said as he innocently walked out the door with Nate following. "Its not too far from our house."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:Rikki looked at the red panda as if she wanted to hug him. "And that is why I believe you are the noblest of hearts. Though second in place after Val, of course." She speed-dialed the number of Lance's owner. "Hope she's not too busy..."
Jenny picked up the phone answering it quickly. "Hey Lance where are you guys?" She asked a little be peeved at him.

Elsewhere Lance and the other reached the fork in the cave they had passed, this time taking the other route. It looked much the same as the other side but with much more space to move around in. "Well at least we wont have to worry about being cramped this time." Lance said with a smirk.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant looked around. he was comforted by the clues that this tunnel looked spacious and solid. "Yup. Should be a piece of cake getting to the chapel, if you're in for a long walk. By the way, do you have any spare batteries for that torch?"
It was Belisarius who answered, by fishing two from his collar. "These good?"
The wolfdog raised an eyebrow, on the verge of asking a question, then he just nodded deciding it was better not to ask why did his mate have two spare batteries with him.
---
"Ma'am, good morning this is Rikki Leone. We have just discovered something, well...interesting." And she proceeded to give an accurate description of the plague pit and threw in Valiant's hypotheses about it for a good measure.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch sighed and looked up for a moment. Strangely, there where several puffy clouds showing up here and there.

Huh, that's odd. He thought.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki's eyes went to Mitch, and her instincts started sounding alarms, but she didn't want to be rude and cut the call abruptly. she made a gesture with her paw, mutely asking what was wrong.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"A park sounds fun. Is there one in town?" Jess was still unfamiliar with the area.
"Yea, there's a nice big one" Archy said as he innocently walked out the door with Nate following. "Its not too far from our house."
Cool! I've spent way to much time inside this past week I really need to be outside for a while.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch noticed what Rikki did. But he casually waved it off with his own hand wave. He set his torch into the dirt on the side wall of the cave, then climbed on top up to the lip. Regardless of whether or not his mother and Borues where right, he loved clouds. He closed his eyes and began practicing his yoga.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:Cool! I've spent way to much time inside this past week I really need to be outside for a while.
Jess just wagged a little as she followed the others. she loved doing things with new friends.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:Valiant looked around. he was comforted by the clues that this tunnel looked spacious and solid. "Yup. Should be a piece of cake getting to the chapel, if you're in for a long walk. By the way, do you have any spare batteries for that torch?"
It was Belisarius who answered, by fishing two from his collar. "These good?"
The wolfdog raised an eyebrow, on the verge of asking a question, then he just nodded deciding it was better not to ask why did his mate have two spare batteries with him.
---
"Ma'am, good morning this is Rikki Leone. We have just discovered something, well...interesting." And she proceeded to give an accurate description of the plague pit and threw in Valiant's hypotheses about it for a good measure.
Lance followed the path, dipping down a bit as the cave descended somewhat, this continued for a few feet before it leveled out again. A few twists and turns (though thankfully only one way) presented themselves along the way as well. The rock was mostly smooth and there was nothing more then moss and the occasional drip of water that really broke the sameness.

Jenny nodded a few times as Rikki spoke about what they had found. "Well that is rather bizarre. I'll contact the police and maybe a historian or two I know. They would be far better equipped to deal with this kind of thing then I am. Thanks for telling me. Oh, and Rikki tell Lance when you see him that hes in trouble when he gets back for not telling me where he was going." She said
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Will do, ma'am." She closed the connection, then turned to Mitch. "Thinking of someone, Mitchy?"
---
"This gallery was well built," Belisarius commented, sniffing at the air. "The occasional depressions allow for the CO to deposit and leave enough breathable air."
By now, the darkness was total. Only Valiant's collar and Lance's torch were illuminating the way.
"Smell anything suspect, love?" Valiant asked.
"Not so far. Funny, I perceive no trace bats, and to think this should be an ideal place for them."
Valiant didn't comment on that...loudly, that is.
Because if bats hadn't made their nest, it could mean that someone else was already living here!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Yeah, you, actually," Mitch said, jumping down from the cave lip, "While it's okay to be tolerant of some things, it's not okay to be associated with it. I mean, I can't even believe you'd make even a joke like that! When we were in our homeland, that kind of behavior, while acknowledged, was frowned on. You were encouraged to find a mate and increase the population becuase there were so few of us. Anything less was considered a waste and a luxury, and we couldn't afford too many of those. And while the Orginization, er, taught us things, and we were forced to accept it, it's still not a well recieved behavior. I mean, my mother would have my head on a pole if she even found out a rumor or anything. Cause, when your trying to just survive, there's no time to goof around. I was just, sigh, really offended at that." As he finished, a darker, and larger shadow passed over head. As he looked up, it wasn't the only one.