SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
WolvenPaw15 wrote:"You go see where the calling was coming from, I heard something else I need to check" Ian noded, he could have sworn he hear another voice besides the one calling, so he headed towards where he last heard it
"alright," he replied.
a short walk later, he came across another dog. "Hey there."
Scraps was still disoriented when some cat appeared in front of him. Hey do you know where I am? I was on a cruise ship and then...something happened and now I'm here.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I'm afraid I'm in the same boat... or was before I woke up here. And there's at least one other, but neither of us remember what happened."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scaprs turned around to face the ocean half expecting to see the boat, Well ####. If none of us know what happened I guess we should probably stick together. Just don't try anything funny.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"And it lasts a long time too" Ian chuckled "I usually chew it for stress, thats why I carry so much" he looked around "Uh.... Which way did I come from?" he looked around, chasing after Samaki, he didn't pay attention to where he was going
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:Scaprs turned around to face the ocean half expecting to see the boat, Well ####. If none of us know what happened I guess we should probably stick together. Just don't try anything funny.
"I wouldn't dream of it. I'm Flynn, by the way," He offered his paw to the dog.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Action! wrote:Scratch.
Obtained Firewood (5)
Dice roll: 7
Perception: 6 = +1
7. Salvageable Failure.

The cave appeared too dark to inspect until she got closer. Unfortunately as she glanced down to take a closer look she slipped on the semi slick rocky ground. She landed in a sitting position, unharmed, but lost a couple pieces of wood in the process. -2 firewood.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"And it lasts a long time too" Ian chuckled "I usually chew it for stress, thats why I carry so much" he looked around "Uh.... Which way did I come from?" he looked around, chasing after Samaki, he didn't pay attention to where he was going
Samaki shrugged and looked around too. "I think I heard you with a friend right? The one that yelled really really loud?"
Action wrote:Stevens.
Dice roll: 2 (uh oh...)
Perception: 7= +1
3. Complete failure
As Ian looked around he couldn't see or hear anything. Everything further than 6 feet was lost in the black void. And the background noise of crashing waves didn't help distinguish sound either.
Time wrote:. 15 min pass. Tis now 9:15 p.m

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian sighed "Yeah I was... But its getting too late to look for him now..." he shook his head " We need to find shelter... and something to keep us warm... I have fire covered, but as for shelter.... he crossed his arms "I'm completely clueless"
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

(( Uh... falling down is an agility check, meaning the roll was 10... Probably 11 with the walking stick... But Ok... ))
Roarin wrote:The cave appeared too dark to inspect until she got closer. Unfortunately as she glanced down to take a closer look she slipped on the semi slick rocky ground. She landed in a sitting position, unharmed, but lost a couple pieces of wood in the process. -2 firewood.
Scratch grunted as she put a paw beneath her, dropping some of the firewood while she steadied herself... She pulled herself back to her feet, and stood much more bow-legged to keep her balance better. "Floor's wet... Slick too..." she said as she picked all the wood she'd dropped back up, "Not a good sign..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian sighed "Yeah I was... But its getting too late to look for him now..." he shook his head " We need to find shelter... and something to keep us warm... I have fire covered, but as for shelter.... he crossed his arms "I'm completely clueless"
Samaki shrugged again. "Maybe we can find something if we keep walking.". His ears twitched as he listened to more waves crash onto the shore.

(OOC: I was thinking rocks, tripping. Y'know, failing to see it. Then I posted that...and then idk. Had no resemblance to my original thought...)

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Uh... falling down is an agility check, meaning the roll was 10... Probably 11 with the walking stick... But Ok... ))
Roarin wrote:The cave appeared too dark to inspect until she got closer. Unfortunately as she glanced down to take a closer look she slipped on the semi slick rocky ground. She landed in a sitting position, unharmed, but lost a couple pieces of wood in the process. -2 firewood.
Scratch grunted as she put a paw beneath her, dropping some of the firewood while she steadied herself... She pulled herself back to her feet, and stood much more bow-legged to keep her balance better. "Floor's wet... Slick too..." she said as she picked all the wood she'd dropped back up, "Not a good sign..."
Harrison turned back just in time to see Scratch standing up "Are ye okay? Well, let's go out, then." His ears dropped "Guess you were right 'bout the cave after all."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Right, stick close by though." Ian nodded and continued in the direction he was facing, hoping to find something soon "Glad to see you've calmed down... he gave a slight smile
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:Harrison turned back just in time to see Scratch standing up "Are ye okay? Well, let's go out, then." His ears dropped "Guess you were right 'bout the cave after all."
Scratch shook it off, waving him off with a paw, "Nah, I'm fine, just slipped on the dampness. You see anything interesting? If we need to stay here for a while, a cave wouldn't be so bad, as long as we found a spot that wasn't damp..." She continued to look around in the cave, widening her eyes all the way, keeping the walking stick out in front of her to poke around in the darkness while she got used to the lack of light...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Action wrote: Scratch.
On closer examination, the cave wasn't too shabby.A sandpit was conveniently in the middle of the alcove. The sound of water dripping from the ceiling could be heard from deeper inside.

Ref Ref!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"Right, stick close by though." Ian nodded and continued in the direction he was facing, hoping to find something soon "Glad to see you've calmed down... he gave a slight smile
Samaki nodded and followed the malamute. A faint trace of a grin on his muzzle. "I'm getting there.". He shook his head. "Not particularly a fan of surprises.". Commenting on their current unexpected adventure.
Action wrote:Ian.
Dice roll:16
Perception: 7. +1
17. Expected result.
Ian heard a noise ahead of him. It sounded like something big was flapping against the beach wind.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Roarin, 1) get on Skype, 2) post more description. ))
Scratch nodded at the nature of the cave, and found a drier spot against a wall closer back. She put the wood in a pile there and glanced back at Harrison, "This spot's decent if we want to make a headquarters here..." She sniffed the air, "I don't smell much more than damp rocks and forest in here, so I'm going to assume it's a relatively safe hideout..." She bent down and made a little platform out of the firewood, and then put 6 of the 8 crab apples onto it, leaving 2 in her pocket. "I'm gonna leave this stuff here. You wanna explore the cave a little more, or go back out and explore outside?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian's ears perked up at the noise, and he quickly followed it "M-Maybe its a ship's sails! he smiled to himself as he stepped out of the trees
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian's ears perked up at the noise, and he quickly followed it "M-Maybe its a ship's sails! he smiled to himself as he stepped out of the trees
And in fact it was. As Ian got closer he could see the large piece of thick white linen waving like a flag, half burried in the sand. It was about 14 feet long and 9 feet wide (one of the smaller sails) Rough ropes that were used to loop the sails around the mast were found beside it, some looked like they were snapped in half by an unknown force.. Maybe some sort of shelter could be fashioned with these.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Roarin, 1) get on Skype, 2) post more description. ))
Scratch nodded at the nature of the cave, and found a drier spot against a wall closer back. She put the wood in a pile there and glanced back at Harrison, "This spot's decent if we want to make a headquarters here..." She sniffed the air, "I don't smell much more than damp rocks and forest in here, so I'm going to assume it's a relatively safe hideout..." She bent down and made a little platform out of the firewood, and then put 6 of the 8 crab apples onto it, leaving 2 in her pocket. "I'm gonna leave this stuff here. You wanna explore the cave a little more, or go back out and explore outside?"
As Scratch's eyes adjusted more to the lack of light she was able to spot the details around her. Moss lined the wall on the opposite side of her dry one. A pool of water had collected itself at the base of the it. Most of the cave was actually pretty wet, somehow soaked by the beach water. If she looked deeper into the cave she could see the stalactites and stalagmites hanging from the ceiling and protruding from the ground like daggers. The echo of her every movement told her the depth of the cave was immense, the end probably a mile away (if there was an end).

(OCC: Hows that?)

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian bit his lower lip "I really hope that isn't part of the cruise ship..." he said and padded over to the sail "Think you can help me with this? he asked "I can make somewhat of a tent from this...
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian bit his lower lip "I really hope that isn't part of the cruise ship..." he said and padded over to the sail "Think you can help me with this? he asked "I can make somewhat of a tent from this...
Samaki hesitated as he looked at the sail, the same thought running through his mind. "Yeah...". The fox followed Ian. "What do you need me to do?". He asked. Determined to help.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian thought for a moment as he shifted the sand from the sail "See if you can find a goo place to hang it, I can make a tent of sorts with it, but don't wonder to far ok, stay at least within hearing distance" he nodded as he contiued to dig up the sail
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Ok.". Samaki nodded and walked off towards the forested area.
Action wrote:Samaki.
Dice roll: 18
Perception: 7= +1
19. Expected result.
After a few minutes of shifting sand Ian finally freed the sail from the ground. There were some small tatters in the thick material but it looked useable for shelter. At one of the corners of the sail were two black letters, faded and barely readable in the darkness. "S.S". Samaki's voice was heard in the distance. "Hey! I think I found a spot.".

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Alright, come help me carry this Ian called back as he grabbed one side of the sail "I would drag it, but I don't want it to snag and tear he noted
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"Alright, come help me carry this Ian called back as he grabbed one side of the sail "I would drag it, but I don't want it to snag and tear he noted
Samaki returned out of the black and padded over to the other side of the sail. "Yeah... That probably wouldn't be good.". The fox grabbed it and lifted the sail up. "It's this way.". He said. Moving the sail towards the trees.

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Seth wrote:Scaprs turned around to face the ocean half expecting to see the boat, Well ####. If none of us know what happened I guess we should probably stick together. Just don't try anything funny.
"I wouldn't dream of it. I'm Flynn, by the way," He offered his paw to the dog.
Scraps shook Flynn's paw, People call me scraps. We should probably find your friend, I don't know about you but I don't like the idea of wandering around this place alone until we know it a better.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Actually it seems kind of late. We should probably find somewhere to stay for the night. We have no idea what kind of weather this place has."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Alright, you have anywhere in mind or are we just playing it by ear?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Ear, Nose, Eye. Whatever we find shelter with."
Flynn began to walk away from the water, hoping that there was some sort of village or something farther inland.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Now you're speaking my language. Scraps followed flynn away from the water, he wasn't sure if he could trust him, but given the circumstances it didn't look like he had much of a choice.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn continued on, keeping his eyes peeled for anything that could help them.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps scanned his surroundig looking for any natural shelter or anything he could ue to Jerry-rig some kind of shelter.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Random Event wrote: Dice roll: 7 = Callahan (and Flynn since he's with em. Lucky, you get the exciting stuff).

As the two walked away from the shore and closer to the forested area they noticed something in the distance. A beam of light was being emitted by something, whether it was a flashlight or lantern they weren't sure. But they were sure they could hear distinctive loud voice coming in that direction as well. And it was getting closer. The light getting brighter and brighter.
"...-on't even know why we're hear. What are we doing here? It's just a beach isn't it?". The voice sounded bored. It was a female voice. Carelessly loud footsteps trotted through the sand.
"Aaand that's why I don't like working with newbies. Too many questions. Look all you need to know is that, we, us, look for any new and useful stuff that washes ashore ok?"
"But why this beach? What could possibly appear here that requires you to go down here every week? What do 'they' use it for?"
"There you go again.". The deeper and gruffer voice growled in annoyance.
"Look, 'they' tell me to do this because unlike you, I don't ask questions. All you need to know is that we have a job to do. And if you see anything that moves... Well... That's what your musket's for."

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps looked at Flynn and motioned towards the forest, he tried to be as quiet as possible as he approached the tree line and looked for somehwere to hide.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn was about to say something to the voices until he happened to hear that last part. "well crap." calm down Flynn, you've talked your way out of the line of fire before, he thought. Just hope they don't catch us. and if all else fails, scraps may prove a useful sheild.
He followed Scraps towards the forest.

of course he was to worried to find something odd about their choice of firearm.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The two (so far) managed not to be seen by the strangers. The only thing Scraps found to hide behind in the forest was...well...trees. Not that there were many. What looked line pines towered over their heads and filled their noses with strong car freshener smell. Many twigs were underfoot and they had to be careful not to step on them. Unfortunately for Flynn, one seemed to have found a way under his pads. *Snap!*

The movement of the bobbing light stopped. "Did you hear that?". Said the female voice.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"why do I keep stepping on things?" Flynn whispered to no one in particular. For a second, he contemplated climbing a tree and leaving Scraps behind, but decided against it. "Well if there's one thing I learned in the streets... run?" he whispered to Scraps.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps pressed himelf against the tree hoping that it would block their view and he could stay hidden. His hackels rose and he bared his teeth.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"not run. Sounds good." Flynn made an attempt to climb the tree closest to himself.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn was successfully able to climb the tree without being detected. A silent minute seemed to stretch for an hour as nothing moved. Even the waves seemed to stop crashing. It was suddenly broken by a low chuckle from the older figure.
"Ah, to be young. Ignorant. Scared at the drop of a pin." the annoyance in his voice came back. "Look I don't smell anything. Probably just fruit dropping from the trees.". The light started to move again, towards the beach.. "there's nothing out here living but us and the trees.".
"Then why'd you give me a gun?"
"Better safe than sorry. Now shut yer yap. My favorite part's comin up.".
"Wha-?"
"Shhhh!!". A grumble was heard but nothing else. The light stationed itself at the shore about a dozen feet from the two. As if waiting, for something.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn stayed in the tree, watching the light to see if anything else would happen... and to see if he could make out the forms behind the voices.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets