SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Scratch sighed, giving a shrug, "There's not much to do about it now. Right now we need to get an idea of where we're at and how we're gonna spend the rest of the night, then we can figure out what to do next in the morning, when it's light out..." She sighed, slowing and looking around, "Well... We've been walking for a while now, and all we've found is the canteen... Maybe my jacket'll wash up in the morning..." She stopped, turning to look up to Harrison, "Right now, we need to figure out what to do for the night... I say we head up the beach to see what's over there." She picked up a nearby piece of driftwood which seemed relatively solid and, carrying it like a walking stick, started walking away from the shore, keeping mind to what she might be stepping on with uncovered feet. "C'mon, I'm not sure the beach'll be the best spot to sleep..."

(( I know it was a bit too straight-forward, but I was expecting to at least find something after all that but ok... Going to bed now... ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Roarin wrote:
Event wrote:Dice roll: 3.
Flynn.
As you were walking your foot stepped on something, making a faint snapping sound
Flynn stopped in his tracks when he heard the sound. He then took a step back and bent down to see what he had stepped on.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Action wrote:Flynn.
Successfully obtained a paper matchbook. The cover proudly displays the logo of the cruise ship (a simple red triangle with two dolphins leaping over it). In small print at the bottom of the pack was printed "Easy Light Matches". When closely examined it seemed that only half of what was originally in the pack was left, and a couple had broken when you stepped on it. In the end... Obtained Matches (7)
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well these might prove useful," he said. "Hey Ian, could you hold these? My collar's kind of full."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well... pr... ful," he said. " Ian...hold these? "
Scraps woke up with a start and looked around, he had no idea where he was but it wasn't the ship. He didn't recognize the voice he was hearing but he wasn't too keen on the idea of dealing with being stranded alone. He stood up and did the best to wipe the sand off his jacket.
Hey is anyone else out there?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch sighed, giving a shrug, "There's not much to do about it now. Right now we need to get an idea of where we're at and how we're gonna spend the rest of the night, then we can figure out what to do next in the morning, when it's light out..." She sighed, slowing and looking around, "Well... We've been walking for a while now, and all we've found is the canteen... Maybe my jacket'll wash up in the morning..." She stopped, turning to look up to Harrison, "Right now, we need to figure out what to do for the night... I say we head up the beach to see what's over there." She picked up a nearby piece of driftwood which seemed relatively solid and, carrying it like a walking stick, started walking away from the shore, keeping mind to what she might be stepping on with uncovered feet. "C'mon, I'm not sure the beach'll be the best spot to sleep...
Harrison followed the raccoon "I suggest we choose a place close enough to the beach, so we could avoid the night breeze or we'll freeze good 'till mornin'." When they stepped into the forest area, the half-wolf sniffed the air, checking the possible scents he could smell.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Seth wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well... pr... ful," he said. " Ian...hold these? "
Scraps woke up with a start and looked around, he had no idea where he was but it wasn't the ship. He didn't recognize the voice he was hearing but he wasn't too keen on the idea of dealing with being stranded alone. He stood up and did the best to wipe the sand off his jacket.
Hey is anyone else out there?
Event wrote: Although its unclear if the yell reached Flynn and Stevens (which it probably did.), it did provoke a reaction of something close by in the form of a startled "Ack!"

Ref Ref!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The Moon Howler wrote: When they stepped into the forest area, the half-wolf sniffed the air, checking the possible scents he could smell.
Action wrote:Jones.
Dice roll: 20 (wow)
+3 = 23 Overly Successful.
You aren't sure what happened, maybe its the smell of the trees that woke your senses up, or maybe your eyes finally adjusted to blackness. Your surroundings opened up to you. What seemed to be a forest was only about a dozen of trees that smelled like pine. The only thing that was a distinguishing difference was that some of the branches were carrying small circular objects. The trees were hugging what looked to be a rocky wall that extended up into the darkness. The wall stretched out, wider than even your new range of vision. Your eyes finally rested on a small alcove/cave at the feet of the rocky barrier.

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Action wrote:Jones.
Dice roll: 20 (wow)
+3 = 23 Overly Successful.
You aren't sure what happened, maybe its the smell of the trees that woke your senses up, or maybe your eyes finally adjusted to blackness. Your surroundings opened up to you. What seemed to be a forest was only about a dozen of trees that smelled like pine. The only thing that was a distinguishing difference was that some of the branches were carrying small circular objects. The trees were hugging what looked to be a rocky wall that extended up into the darkness. The wall stretched out, wider than even your new range of vision. Your eyes finally rested on a small alcove/cave at the feet of the rocky barrier.
"Now would you look at that!" Harrison said, then turned to the raccoon "Miss Scratch, mind if you check those circular objects on the branches - they might be fruits." He pointed out at the branches "It's high for me to reach, but if you climb on me, you might be able to reach one."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch looked up, noting the lack of ocean-fog in here, "Huh, you're right!" She walked over to the base of one of the trees and simply went up it. She was SO good at climbing that it was almost as if she was walking on all fours on level ground, and quickly got out to one of the branches, grabbing one of the circular objects and popping it off the branch, straddling the one she was on as she examined it with both of her sensitive paws...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian's ears perked up when he heard the call "Over here!" he called back. As of the matches, he took them, replaceing his keepsake crystal, holding it in his paw until he could find something to tie it to his collar, and he though to himself, if anything is to happen, the sharp point on the crystal could come in handy
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Action wrote:Scratch.
You appear to have found something that looks like an apple. It feels like an apple...shaped like an apple. Successfully found. Apple(?)

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch grinned, "Apples! It's an apple tree!" She called down to Harrison, "Not a permanent staple for you, but if we get hungry this should be able to tide us over..." She glance around at the other apples, then decided to figure out what kind of apples they were... She sniffed it, then carved a little bite out of the side with her claw, using it to taste-test the inside...
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch grinned, "Apples! It's an apple tree!" She called down to Harrison, "Not a permanent staple for you, but if we get hungry this should be able to tide us over..." She glance around at the other apples, then decided to figure out what kind of apples they were... She sniffed it, then carved a little bite out of the side with her claw, using it to taste-test the inside...
"Oh, don't worry about me, miss, I've lived on veggies for a while once or twice." Harrison called from underneath "So, are they edible?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Checking!" she called down, sniffing and nibbling the piece...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:She sniffed it, then carved a little bite out of the side with her claw, using it to taste-test the inside...
Action wrote:
Scratch.
The Apple(?) was edible, tasting somewhat sweet and sour. So far, nothing out of the ordinary.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian's ears perked up when he heard the call "Over here!" he called back. As of the matches, he took them, replaceing his keepsake crystal, holding it in his paw until he could find something to tie it to his collar, and he though to himself, if anything is to happen, the sharp point on the crystal could come in handy
"Let's go see where that voice came from, Flynn said as he began to walk towards the voice they'd just heard.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"You go see where the calling was coming from, I heard something else I need to check" Ian noded, he could have sworn he hear another voice besides the one calling, so he headed towards where he last heard it
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:The Apple(?) was edible, tasting somewhat sweet and sour. So far, nothing out of the ordinary.
Scratch ate the whole bite then called down, "They're Crab-Apples! Not exactly tasty, but they're something when you're hungry..." She rearranged the vest and started stuffing it with crab apples, getting about 8 in there before the pockets filled and she walked back down the side of the tree, hopping off to stand next to him. She looked around from where she was, "So... Looks like we're next to a cliffside here... Should we go back to the beach or stay in here for a while?" She blinked up at him questioningly...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"You go see where the calling was coming from, I heard something else I need to check" Ian noded, he could have sworn he hear another voice besides the one calling, so he headed towards where he last heard it
"alright," he replied.
a short walk later, he came across another dog. "Hey there."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Action wrote:Ian
Dice roll: 12
Perception: 5 = 0
12+0=12. Minimal success.
As Ian walked in the directon of the other voice he could hear distinct footsteps coming from up ahead, but still couldn't identify what was making them.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Hey! Wait!" he called towards the direction of the footsteps, picking up his pace and continuing towards them "Wait!" he called once more
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"Hey! Wait!" he called towards the direction of the footsteps, picking up his pace and continuing towards them "Wait!" he called once more
The footsteps stopped and for half a minute nothing could be heard. Then from the darkness to Ian's right came a lone apprehensive voice. "H-hello? Who's there?"

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"My name is Ian... me and a few others washed up on this island not long ago...Do you have any clue where we are? Ian asked, hoping that whoever he found was friendly
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"My name is Ian... me and a few others washed up on this island not long ago...Do you have any clue where we are? Ian asked, hoping that whoever he found was friendly
Action wrote:Ian.
Dice roll: 9
Charisma: 7= +1
10. Nothing happens.
It seemed that the voice made no effort to get closer or further away from Ian. "No... But I think I just got here too."

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"So you fell off the ship too? Let me see who I am talking to... I promise I won't harm you... as long as you give me no reason... Ian gave a slight smile "After all since we are stranded we should help one another, am I correct
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"So you fell off the ship too? Let me see who I am talking to... I promise I won't harm you... as long as you give me no reason... Ian gave a slight smile "After all since we are stranded we should help one another, am I correct
Action wrote:Ian.
Dice roll:17
Charisma: 7= +1
18. Expected Result.
???: Loyalty = +1
"I don't know... But, since you promised.". The soft sound of footsteps got closer and closer. The first thing that Ian saw out of the darkness was a pair of bright green eyes. As the figure got closer its shape became more defined. And when it was only a few feet away it stopped. Standing in front of the malamute was a black fox, a checkered black and white bandana on his neck.. Against the background it was still somewhat hard to see him. The only indication of his swishing tail was the white tip, bobbing up and down. "And I guess I could use the help."

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch ate the whole bite then called down, "They're Crab-Apples! Not exactly tasty, but they're something when you're hungry..." She rearranged the vest and started stuffing it with crab apples, getting about 8 in there before the pockets filled and she walked back down the side of the tree, hopping off to stand next to him. She looked around from where she was, "So... Looks like we're next to a cliffside here... Should we go back to the beach or stay in here for a while?" She blinked up at him questioningly...
Harrison pointed at the cave entrance that was seen "We can always get in the cave for the night." the canine shrugged "That is, if it's empty and the moisture isn't too high, so care to come along with me and check it?" the half-wolf said as he took off the whip and tied the safety straps to his wrist.
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

My RP Characters
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"You... want some gum?" Ian offered "I have three packs so I have a good bit to spare" he smiled "Watermelon, Blue Rasberry, and Mint" he added
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:Harrison pointed at the cave entrance that was seen "We can always get in the cave for the night." the canine shrugged "That is, if it's empty and the moisture isn't too high, so care to come along with me and check it?" the half-wolf said as he took off the lasso and tied the safety straps to his wrist.
Scratch nodded, following him towards the cave, "I guess... Not sure a cave is the best place to sleep, but if it's enclosed and dry..." She glanced around, "Maybe we can start a fire...? I mean, I don't have my lighter, but I got dry grass to light once with a stick... If we can do that, we'll at least be able to see a little better, and we'll be able to scare off the bugs and stay warm while we sleep..." she rubbed her arm at that last bit, "Though that's not an issue right now, 'cause it's not that cold out now that I'm dry... We should be fine from each other..."

She reached up and pulled the muffins and cookies Soggy Notebook from her collar, finding that it had dried into her old Pocket Notebook! She grinned, shaking out the last bit of moisture from the pages, and making sure they didn't dry into a clump before sticking it back into her collar pocket...
The Moon Howler

"Good point you have there, Miss Scratch." The half-wolf said with a nod, smiling "Alright, let's look for some firewood, then." Harrison said as he put back the whip over his shoulder and began surveying for firewood.
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch poked about on the ground a bit herself, but was quick to point out, "Realize though, that unless we find something to start a fire with, like my lighter or a stick and some dry fibers, there's not much use in it all..." She stood up a bit and glanced around, "To be honest, I'm tempted to say we set up some sticks as a bed and just huddle up... Though I'm not really tired at the moment..." She walked a bit closer to Harrison, "Let's keep looking around, maybe we'll find something else useful, like more food, or another item from the beach?"
The Moon Howler

"We can always keep an eye out fer a good piece of firewood, you know." Harrison said "Plus we can always try the scout way to light up a fire by using sticks... or find some flint, if we're lucky." He pointed out "So, what say ya?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch blinked, then looked over at the cave. "I say we check out the cave." she said, pointing the piece of driftwood she'd picked up at it, "We need to figure out if it's a good spot in case we need it, and it'd be a good place to store anything we decide to keep around for a little while..." She started walking in that direction, carefully picking her way across the forest-floor so she didn't trample anything bad or miss anything good... She also paid attention to what properties it had: was it grassy? Did it have underbrush? How much foliage was there? How damp and how rocky? That was a bit important...
The Moon Howler

Harrison shook his head "I believe I suggested that earlier, Miss Scratch." He mumbled to himself preparing the whip and tying the safety straps to his wrist again "Let me get in first."
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"You... want some gum?" Ian offered "I have three packs so I have a good bit to spare" he smiled "Watermelon, Blue Rasberry, and Mint" he added
The fox nodded. "Sure.". After a second of thinking he decided upon the watermelon flavor. He unwrapped it slowy and sniffed it, before putting the strip in his mouth. "Thanks.". The fox seemed to have calmed down a considerable amount. His fur was still on end but he stopped shifting nervously.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian smiled as he notice the fox easing up a bit "Like I said earlier, my names Ian" he held out a paw "Your name?"
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Action wrote:Scratch.
Dice roll: 11
Perception:6= + 1
12. Minimal Success.
As you look through the forest you spot some firewood. That's great. Their kinda small though. Now you just need something to light it

Ref Ref!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian smiled as he notice the fox easing up a bit "Like I said earlier, my names Ian" he held out a paw "Your name?"
The fox grasped the dog's hand with his own and shook it. "Samaki.". He said in between chewing. "Samaki Halden.". "This is really good.". The fox remarked a few seconds later as he continued to quietly chew.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:Harrison shook his head "I believe I suggested that earlier, Miss Scratch." He mumbled to himself preparing the lasso and tying the safety straps to his wrist again "Let me get in first."
Scratch nodded, "Uh... Ok then..." She let him take the lead as they went into the mouth of the cave, looking around, "So... Definitely a cave..." She glanced down, noting what kind of floor the cave seemed to have as she walked in, still carrying the driftwood like a walking stick...
Roarin wrote:As you look through the forest you spot some firewood. That's great. Their kinda small though. Now you just need something to light it
Scratch leaned over, grabbing the dry pieces of wood, "Oh, hey, this'll do for fire..." She put it under her shoulder as they walked along...